learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion 12-week web development bootcamp and part-time hybrid online course in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Teaching includes problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged in to LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (141) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (31) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

LocationOrange County
    The 12 week full immersion program teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    Deposit$250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: SkillsFund and
    ISA (Income Share Agreement).
    Contact us for more information
    Tuition PlansPlease check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / GuaranteeProrated within the first week of the program
    Scholarship$12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
  • Part Time Comprehensive Program

LocationOrange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    DepositNone
    We offer financing through our lending partners SkillsFund
    Refund / Guarantee$500 discount for Module 1
    ScholarshipPlease check our website for scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience necessary
    Prep WorkRecommendations on each module
  • Root JS Prep Class

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationOrange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    Tuition PlansSkills Fund, ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML and CSS
    Prep WorkSee LearningFuze part time courses
  • Root Level I Prep Class

HTML, Git, CSS, Front End
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Root Level 1 is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers
    DepositNone required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelSome understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer

• Kevin Young • UI Developer • Graduate

I attended multiple info sessions before choosing LearningFuze, and am glad that I did, since I was able to compare them all to what I was experiencing throughout.  I now know I made the right choice.

Starting off with the facility, it offers a tech-startup type of environment which allows students to have access to the multiple instructors on-site at any given time of the day.  There are 2 lecture rooms, 3 study rooms, and an alumni room for graduates to come back to the facility to work on any current projects.

The instructors are some of the top in the industry.  Starting off with Dan, the lead instructor. He had a unique way of teaching the most important fundamentals of Javascript to make sure we remembered it.   I still remember his specific examples, no matter how extreme they were to this day.

Andy was another very helpful instructor, showing students what they could become, being a previous graduate in the program.  Andy was one of the reasons I joined LearningFuze, from his willingness to help students and ability to relate to any struggles they face throughout the bootcamp.

Scott was the lead instructor for the React.JS portion of the program, who brokeeverything down in to pieces to help beginners learn a new framework from scratch.  I chose the frontend route and highly recommend it, with the material that Scott put together.

Lastly, TJ makes sure to put everything you learned to use, and prepares you for the job search.  He provides all students with the necessary tools, interview prep, and resume building to make sure everyone is able to get interviews and eventually land offers.  This was a huge piece of the program that differentiated it from others.

At LFZ I was surrounded by like-minded, motivated people who want to learn to code as much as I did. I'm not only learning from the instructors but also from my classmates, seniors, alumni and guest speakers from various tech companies.

The curriculum gave us many opportunities to work together as a group. You will be surprised at how different learning is with a group and in-person. We teamed up together, participated in multiple hackathons, and helped solve each others bugs.

After getting my portfolio fully approved by the instructors, preparation with TJ’s interview tips, and weeks of applying, I was able to land multiple offers in the OC and LA area within 2 months of graduating.

Doing a complete career change and participating in a boot camp was one of the hardest decisions for me. Like you I researched many different ones and ultimately decided on LearningFuze, and am glad I did.

• Tiffany Kim

Initially, I was debating which bootcamp I wanted to go to because I was worried that they would'nt be able to provide me with the adequate education I need to get a job in the development field. What took away some of my fears about joining a bootcamp was how transparent learning fuze was compared to other bootcamps. They give you a detailed description of their hiring rate and what their program consists of. I ultimately picked learning fuze because of the assitance they give you after they graduate. I wanted a program that would stay commited to me and provide me with a safe learning environment. I would say if you've never had any coding experience before and are serious about getting into web development definitely pick learning fuze because of their supporitive environment.

• Christina So • Graduate

It has definitely been a wild ride at LearningFuze…I only say that because you're really taken out of your comfort zone when you enter the world of development. From things you never thought you would have to think of and breaking down your own logic, piece by piece. Despite all the challenges that came from being a part of the cohort and changing my career completely, the staff and even the people in my cohort were very helpful and supportive. The environment was definitely filled with down to earth people that really cared about one another and would be some lasting friendships for years to come.

One thing that I especially liked about LearningFuze was that despite graduating, all the lectures and materials are still available to you for however long you may need them. They definitely keep in contact with each cohort to see how everyones doing and to make sure that everyone is on the right track in terms of getting a job; as well as providing mock interviews, resume reviews, and portfolio reviews/approval even after the cohort.

Seeing where I stand 6 months after I officially started in development, I would say that I am definitely grateful and glad that I went through the cohort…I finally found what I’m passionate about and coding happens to be it!

• Keith • Intern • Graduate

I had programming experience prior to joining this boot-camp but many of the people in my cohort did not. Learning Fuze does a great job at sparking interest in new comers while also giving veterans the challenge they want and need. If you're planning on becoming a web developer, this school teaches you everything you need to get your foot in the door.

They also do a great job fostering a fun environment. You're always welcome so even if you don't walk out the door with an opportunity, their doors are never closed and they are always very willing to help you on any project (even if you have a job, they are still willing to help).

• Changed My Life
    - 7/14/2018
    Alicia A E • Developer • Graduate

It's taken me a while to write this review.  I wanted to wait a while to get a full view of how my life has changed since taking the course.  I can definitely say this was a major, life-changing, amazing decision.  I loved LearningFuze.  I loved learning how to program, I love the friends I made, I love the teachers, and I love being able to live a life now free from what used to be a constant struggle to make ends meet.  Since graduating from LearningFuze, I've doubled my income.  My husband, who also graduated from LearningFuze, also doubled his income.  I made lifelong friends.  I made connections that helped me get my second dev job.  I learned how to learn things on my own.  I still have a space to go when I want to study independently (and free coffee).  I still have people to help me find work when I'm between jobs.  I still have the support and the resources and the community of LearningFuze.  I have a profession that's constantly in demand, allows me to grow and learn indefinitely, and uses all my intelligence, creativity, and passion.

There are lots of roads to success in this field.  You might be innately talented.  You might have a ton of grit to make it through.  And, you might just be a great interviewer.  If you have two out of three of these, you are golden.  I have talked to a lot of other bootcamp grads, and while some of them achieved success, none of them have the community and support that LearningFuze has.  I know people who turned down opportunities in San Francisco to move down to Orange County to study at LearningFuze.  It really is the best way in, and once you're in, you're in.  If you're the kind of person who will take big risks like dropping everything to go to a coding school, chances are you'll probably be a good developer, engineer, and inventor.  And if there's a lot on the line should you fail, chances are, you'll give everything you've got to succeed.  I'm excited for your journey.

• Dan S. • Software Developer • Student
    My first impression from attending the Learning Fuze info session was that it seemed most open, organized and welcoming. Unfortunately, I ignored my gut intuition to go to Learning Fuze and chose to attend a different program... it was a huge mistake a waste of time. I spent 6 weeks going to a different bootcamp that had no proprietary course materials and the coursework/homework that was given was from free learning sites such as CodeAcademy. After about 6 weeks at the other bootcamp I decided it was not right for me, and I made the switch to Learning Fuze. Unlike at the other bootcamp, in order to even get into Learning Fuze I had to take a skills assessment, and two interviews (in person and over the phone). I also had a white board with the lead instructor due to trying to get into the current cohort. The questions during the white board session showed me how much I did not know. I decided to take the two root courses and then start the next cohort. During the root courses (the pre-courses before starting the full immersion cohort) I learned more than I did at the other bootcamp in 6 weeks! The full immersion course was paced well and had great flow. The first week and a half or so was review from the root (pre-courses) but with more depth and detail. Instead of simply memorizing how to do things, you learn what, why, how, when etc... to use/do things properly. Also the course is geared towards helping with job interviews and on the job situations. There are hackathon projects, solo projects and a large group project along with other problems/projects if you choose to take them on. Learning Fuze also hosts meet ups, employer talks, alumni talks, etc.. I believe that structure and organization is very important in any business/school. Learning Fuze has that in spades, but Learning Fuze also believes that everyone learns differently so while following the course, they are willing to go the extra mile to help you succeed. They will try and answer your questions in different ways with examples and analogies, so you can try and relate/understand things. I understand why they're rated so high and ranked #1 in Orange County.
  • Brett Albright • Front End Developer • Graduate

Although I had always maintained a passion for computers since my earliest days, my career path had instead taken me on a winding road into the healthcare field as a Respiratory Therapist. At dinner one night a long time friend of mine named Scott, who knew of my technical passions and who also happened to teach web development at LearningFuze, asked if I would be curious in checking out the full immersion program because he thought I would really enjoy it. I decided to take him up on the offer, quit my job a week after the info session, and turned in my application for admission. It was the greatest decision I have ever made.

Because web development was new for me I made sure to attend the root classes which were incredibly helpful. It is a great way to get a feel for what the program will be like, and for those who like me have little to no experience in programming they are a godsend for making the material digestible. They serve as an excellent primer for people new to coding, and because the root classes are included in the tuition it is a no brainer to attend them.

I was warned many times by the staff prior to the full immersion start date that it would be difficult and require about 60 hours a week of hard dedicated work to succeed, and the warnings were fully justified. As someone who easily scored in the top levels of my college courses I thought I would once again be “the smart guy in the room” and I could slip in under those numbers, but i quickly learned that I was surrounded by people who were much smarter than me and that I would need to squeeze in every extra moment of work I could to keep up. It was a wonderfully humbling experience.

While it is often said that it is people that make the difference in an educational environment, nowhere is that more true than at LearningFuze. From my initial meetings with Monique, Bill, and TJ during the application process to my interactions with the instructors Dan, Tim, Collette, Andy, Cody, and of course my friend Scott (who showed no favoritism and always made sure to keep me on task), I was surrounded by a team of dedicated, knowledgeable, and most importantly, helpful people who would do anything in their collective and individual power to help me and every other student succeed. I have never been in a work environment that I enjoyed visiting so much each day.

The curriculum hit all the bases. HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, React JS, Redux JS, PHP, Node Js, APIs, AWS, Github, whiteboards, technical assessments, scrums. You name it, we were submerged in it. I must admit that often during the cohort I suffered from a feeling of being behind, which was shared universally among the students because of the deluge of information that was laid before us. But, the reality is that in a few short months the team of instructors had taken a classroom of strangers and turned them into a group of dedicated programming teams. By the end of the program every student had served an integral role in the planning and hands on development of full fledged web applications from beginning to end, a feat of which I did not believe I was capable of only a few months ago.The system of education LearningFuze has cultivated over the last several years is not flawless but I as a long time college student I can say it is head and shoulders above the educational experiences I have had previously. In a field where the principal focus is on the practical application of programming ability, LearningFuze rightly keeps its educational focus on real world development. If you put the proper time in and listen to all the advice the staff offers during the cohort, you will learn to program.

One of the unsung heroes of LearningFuze is their extensive employment assistance. There are lectures and exercises on resume building, technical portfolio creation (from start to finish along with in-depth feedback), mock interviews, field trips to tech companies with a track record of hiring LearningFuze graduates, and all the information a junior level programmer starting in a new and competitive field needs. I have been told that many people do not fully avail themselves of this aspect of the program, but in my opinion it is instrumental to success.

I would be remiss if my glowing review up to this point of the full immersion invited the idea that all was peace and happiness during my time at LearningFuze. I have already mentioned that my status of “smart guy” was immediately and often called into question (by myself not others, the instructors were always supportive even when I asked the same question for the hundredth time), but you must be prepared to have days where you walk away feeling beat up by logic and concepts that can only seep into one’s mind after they marinated for a week or two. We were told on the first day of class by Dan the “Yoda of Programming” (a well earned title) that this class would be the hardest thing we ever did, and he was entirely correct. The “Valley of Despair” is a real place that must be faced by all programmers, but thankfully LearningFuze provides an environment which takes at least some of the sting away.

Perhaps the greatest measure of a person’s feeling about a decision that they have made is whether or not they would make the decision again given what they know of the decisions outcome, and in that regard I can say that I would gladly do so. During my time at LearningFuze, I not only learned the intricacies of web development and what I was capable of doing when pressed, but I met friends that I know will last a lifetime, and I finally got a chance to follow a long held dream. If you are thinking of going to a bootcamp to learn programming and change your life like I did, make sure you keep LearningFuze on your shortlist of schools, you won’t regret it.

• Ryan L. • Software Developer • Graduate

First and foremost, attending LearningFuze was the best decision I could have ever made for my career path. Coming from a non-technical background, I came into LFZ with limited knowledge on HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. However, prior experience in tech is not required to jumpstart your career as a developer. There are pre courses that are provided to make sure you are up to speed in regards to the technologies at the start of the full-immersion course. Throughout the course, you will learn a whole lot and feel that you have the potential to become a professional developer with job-ready skills.

The instructors at LFZ were extremely helpful in a way that they guide you to find solutions for yourself. During my time at LFZ, not only did I learn how to build websites and web applications, but I learned how to pay attention to important details in code, how to ask questions, and how to solve problems. The staff at LFZ have shown that they really care about the success of their students and will put out a helping hand every step of the way whenever needed.

Ultimately, I have become a professional Software Developer without prior technical experience. You can't go wrong with picking LearningFuze!

• Lori M. • Web Developer • Graduate

I am a recent graduate of LearningFuze and couldn't be happier with my experience. Be prepared for long hours and hard work, but also a really good time. It's safe to say that it was one of the best learning and growing experiences of my life. And the best part is you come out on the other end with a valuable skill that will help get you a job!

I come from an administrative background and was bored with my career. I had dabled in a tiny bit of HTML and CSS, but basically no programing knowledge before I entered the program. After I graduated I spent four weeks building up my portfolio and after a week and a half of appplying for jobs, I had two offers. So a month and a half after graduating I am officially a web developer.

If you want to go to a boot camp, you won't find one in Orange County better than LFZ. The instructors and staff are amazing - big shout out to Dan and Scott who teach you solid fundamentals that will guide you through not only Javascript, but help you adapt to other programing languages. The entire staff cares about the students and helping them achieve their goals. Doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

• William Cheng • Student

The instructors at LearningFuze were incredible in teaching me Web Development. The staff were all incredibly knowledgable in not only Web Development but teaching as well. I never had teachers or professors that could teach as well as their staff. I very much recommend LearningFuze to anyone with a self drive for leaning.

• Worth every penny
    - 2/14/2018
    Parker R • Student

Currently I'm midway through week 3 of this course so I thought I'd share my experience thus far.

I have never learned so much in such a small time period.  As of today I am about 1 month past the first day I wrote a line of JavaScript.  The the comparison of both my knowledge and the actual code I wrote then versus now is tantamount to that of a 10 year old's soccer team vs a high school varsity team.   Still a long way away from someone in the world cup but I certainly have a firmer grasp of the rules.

When interviewing for this bootcamp (as well as in the info sessions) they tell you that in order to be successful in this program, and as a developer in general you have to truly commit yourself to the process of learning and applying your newfound skills.  They said the commitment generally looks like 10-12 hours a day during the week and 2-4 on weekends.  They didn't lie.  We are typically introduced to a new topic every day and then do exercises to try to understand that topic.  Unless you are already an experienced coder, the official 8 hours of class time isn't going to be enough for you to really understand all the topics and how to implement them properly.  For a frame of reference: I am not the fastest person in the world at picking up these topics but I am also not the slowest. I am usually in class 12 -13 hours a day, 15 on Thursdays.  That certainly may not be required for everybody that goes through this program (and isn't the case for some of my classmates) but it is for me.  At least in order for me to not feel like I'm lost and falling behind.

That being said, I am enjoying most of my day, everyday.  When I don't its just because I am getting frustrated with something I'm stuck on, but thats just the nature of programming, not this course. In fact, if the instructors weren't as good as they are I'd be having a way harder time.  Fortunately, the instructors are excellent.  They are always willing to help or find someone who can if they aren't sure and aren't an expert in that area.  Dan, the lead instructor is absolutely amazing at his job.  He presents everything in a manner easy enough to understand at whatever level you are at at any given time.  His metaphors and analogies to get people to understand things are borderline art and are the most useful I've ever heard, bar none.   If a particular comparison doesn't work for you he'll use a different one that may fit more in line with your personal life experience.  All Hail Dan, King of Comparisons.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it for you, this is definitely the second hardest thing I've done.  I once attempted to walk across the US and the tenacity required when you are on hour 11 of that day and nothing is clicking, is nearly at that level.  That being said,  If you like problem solving (especially surrounding logic) you'd love this course.    Learning on your own online is exponentially more difficult.  I can't count the number of times since I started here that I've asked a clarifying question that completely changed the way I look at some concept.  You just simply can't do that in an online course, at least not in such detail.

$12,000ish is approximately 1 shit-ton of money to me (and probably to most people) but the teaching and support from the staff as well as the help from the senior class has made the investment worth it thus far.  As long as you put in the time and effort, this program is very effective.

• Shawn L • Student

I came into LearningFuze with very little knowledge of HTML, CSS and programming in general. My previous experience has been in the financial industry as an operations director and manager but I was looking for a career change after leaving my former employer.

I went to an info night expecting to receive a sales pitch to enroll but that was not the case at all. I met Dan and could see his passion for coding, teaching and helping others learn. He was very direct in describing the program and commitment required so that anyone interested really needed to understand what they were in for and if it would be the right choice for them.  I decided to take the part time classes and see how it went before making a commitment to enter the full emersion 12-week classes. Understanding and learning these new topics did not come easy to me at first but I quickly realized this would be my new path.

I am now 8 weeks into the full emersion class and cannot believe how much I have learned already in just a few Months since that info session. All the instructors have been extremely helpful and have made sure I understand and learn the fundamental concepts behind any questions I ask of them. The hours are no joke while learning here, I have spent about 12 hours a day during the week and 6 hours a day on the weekends so far.  I have been provided with a ton of information, receive daily lectures and exercises to complete also videos from previous classes to help. With the skills I am learning I am confident I am being prepared to enter the workforce again and land a great job.

Besides programming skills, we are also being taught about what to expect in the workplace and how to prepare for it by working on groups projects, GitHub workflow, whiteboards, resume building, presentations, interview preparation and portfolio building just to name a few things. I am seeing previous graduates land jobs regularly. LearningFuze also hosts local tech company speakers and meetups periodically so if you enter the course be prepared to be very busy.

I see that success is ultimately based on how hard you work at this. This is not a normal High School or College learning experience so if that’s what you are used to expect a big change. This learning is more like what I have seen in my work experiences. Coding will challenge your logic skills and is not something you can conquer with memorization. I am very happy I made the choice to enroll at LearningFuze and can’t stress enough the support I receive daily from the school’s instructors and students alike. Despite the long hours I look forward every day to learning more and am having fun doing it. LearningFuze has exceeded any expectation I had.

- 1/8/2018
    Peter Woo • Graduate

I came into LearningFuze with NO prior coding experience. I was looking for a change of pace career wise, and a friend recommended coding to me. Throughout my first week it was very apparent how much the lead instructor, Dan, and the rest of the instructors (Andy, Tim, Collette, Scott and TJ) cared about the students and wanted to help as much as possible. The pacing of the program is intense, given the time frame and the curriculum is centered around JavaScript and concepts that companies are focused on now. Within weeks I was able to build my first app and progress from there.

Success is ultimately based on how hard you work. The amount of hours needed to code per day just to keep up is very high, but the basic and advanced topics are taught in a fast paced, yet thorough way. All the instructors make sure everyone understands the topic before they move on and if you need more time, any one of them are willing to sit down with you to go over it until it does.

• Awesome Program
    - 12/7/2017
    Nico Chavez • Web Developer

I came into LearningFuze with prior experiance in web development and have to say that it was a great experiance, even for someone with experiance. The instructors dive deep into the root fundementals of programming for the web as well as job hunting. Would highly recommend to anyone motivated and willing to put in the hours.

• Matt Barnett • Student

I am currently enrolled as a student in the Full Immersion program at LearningFuze, and I can say without a doubt that this is one of the most challenging, yet rewarding programs available.  Prior to starting a 'bootcamp', I had very little knowledge of web development, and constantly struggled to learn the basics of web technologies and programming in general.  As I near completion of the program, I feel I have the skills and knowledge to enter the job market.  The program at LearningFuze will also help with job assistance - from resume to interview they will prepare you for a job as a developer.

The staff at LearningFuze is incredible.  Dan, the lead instructor, is extremely passionate about what he does and goes out of his way to make sure that each and every student thinks like a developer and is ready to tackle challenging problems in the workplace.  Andy, Tim and the rest of the staff are equally dedicated and will arrive early, or stay late to meet the individual needs of each student.

LearningFuze is not an easy program, but if you are dedicated, passionate and willing to work hard, the school and staff will make sure that you are prepared for your new career as a developer.

• Caleb • Student

Spending the last 3 months at LearningFuze has been a great experience! The staff's very real passion for helping people became evident as soon as I walked in the building. LearningFuze has created an environment where you can learn at your own pace, regardless of your prior experience/knowledge.

Everyone from fellow students, to staff and guest speakers, have been very supportive and motivating throughout the course. I'm glad I came here and completed this challenging, but very rewarding program and i would highly recommend to anyone thinking of moving into the field!

• Awesome Program!
    - 9/14/2017
    Alex • Graduate

Prior to starting at LearningFuze, I only had very basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript through sites like Codecademy and Udemy. With the help of the awesome instructors at LearningFuze, I am now confident in my skills as a full-stack developer.

The best part about LearningFuze is their staff. The instructors are super helpful and very passionate about programming. They are always available to help you through whatever you're working on and will stay as late as you need them to. The career help after the program is also extremely helpful. I personally had no experience with the interviewing/job search process and Bill was there every step of the way to help me through it.

The program is extremely challenging and requires your complete dedication to it but at the end of it, you'll be glad you stuck with it.

• TJ Kinion • Program Manager • Graduate

Making the decision to attend LearningFuze was one that didn't come easy but looking back was definitely the right move. With so many different bootcamps out there, a wide variety of language stacks to choose from, and the different pricing models I had a lot to factor in. My decision to attend LearningFuze came down to a combination of 3 things; the extremely high level of knowledge from the instructors, the development stack, and finally the pace at which you learn.

To say that LearningFuze has a quality of instructors that is second to none would be an understatement. After comparing the total experience of the LFZ team to other bootcamps in the area the decision seemed easy on paper, they simply had more experience than almost everyone else. But what really set LFZ apart in my process was the love of teaching that their team brings. To give you an idea of how invested the instructors are in each and every student there were times when we asked them to give us extra help in the morning, sometimes as early as 7am, and they were willing. Oh and of course I can't forget that they are available online into the wee hours of the night to help with anything that may come up outside of class time.

The development stack taught at LearningFuze dives into one of the most versatile languages out there, Javascript, while also introducing technologies such as; HTML, CSS, React, PHP, MySQL, Node, and Jquery. While this full-stack of technologies would be impossible to master in 3 months, LearningFuze did a great job of preparing me as a front-end developer with a strong understanding of how everything needs to connect to the back as well. With that being said I had many classmates that went the back-end route and also left with a strong grasp of the front-end technologies as well.

Finally the pace and expectations that LearningFuze laid out not only created a roadmap for success but also a work ethic that would translate to any technical environment. Not only were we in class 8 hours a day but in addition to that we spent at least 4 hours working outside of class to stay ahead of the curve. This pace put me in a position to not only be a web developer after 3 months, but more importantly someone that would be able to make an impact on any team from day 1.

My journey after LearningFuze has been atypical to most of the other developers. While I wanted to find a role that allowed for continued coding I was also interested in continuing to utilize my business development background. Since graduating I have actually come back to join LearningFuze as a Program Manager as we look to expand our course offerings to include Online Marketing and ReactJS in the evenings. I am fortunate to have not only found a school that gave me the tools to propel my career, but now an employer that I whole-heartedly believe offers an education that will allow anyone to make the career change they may have been thinking about.

• Cody Miller • Student

NO PRIOR SKILL REQUIRED

I am currently 7 weeks into my course at LearningFuze, and I can tell you from experience, this course is extremely comprehensive, intense, and 100% possible for anyone with a drive to succeed. I had never coded before in my life prior to deciding I wanted to take a coding bootcamp course, and I have learned more in the last 7 weeks than I had ever thought possible. Once I started considering taking a bootcamp course, I spent every day worrying if I would have what it takes to succeed. Will I be quitting my job and joining a course I'm ultimately going to not be able to grasp the material in? I was terrified. Thankfully, I'm here to tell you from experience that you don't need to know anything about coding before you start. You don't need innate talent, photographic memory, or superhuman analytic skills. You only truly need one thing: commitment.

This course is not about talent, it's about drive. Are you willing to devote twelve hours a day to learning the material? Are you prepared to challenge yourself to find new things to learn on a daily basis? Do you see yourself being passionate about solving problems and creating new things through coding? If you can answer all these questions with yes, I've got great news for you: You have what it takes to succeed at LearningFuze.

This program is not designed to cater to people with prior knowledge or a certain type of thought process. Learning starts from the ground up, and you will be supported by a welcoming, attentive staff who are always there to help you work through issues. There's quite a bit of material to work through on a daily basis, but if you put in the recommended 12 hours a day, it feels extremely doable. Everybody here has a vested interest in helping you succeed, and I can tell you from experience that they will do whatever it takes to help you reach your goal of becoming a successful web developer. And you can do it! You just have to put in the hours.

LearningFuze sets itself apart from other bootcamps by having a curriculum that it fine-tuned to help anybody reach success, and by having a staff that understands where you're coming from, largely proven by the fact that multiple staff members are prior graduates! It's a very welcoming, supportive learning environment, and I can't recommend it enough. If you see your future in web development, this is where you should be!

• Kevin N. • Graduate

So a little about myself and my previous experience so you don't think this is some fake review. I graduated from CSUF with a BA in finance, did that for several years and felt like there was something missing with my career. Being unhappy with my current heading in life I reflected on things that I enjoyed doing but for whatever reason or another never pursued as a career choice.  I always had a knack for technology and still remember the first computer my uncle brought home in my wee childhood years. This in turn lead me to programming and taking introductory courses at a nearby community college to see if this was a path I wanted to go down. After taking the courses, I found that I really did enjoy building and creating things with code, but I felt like there was something missing with that traditional college type learning. After countless of hours researching the best way to achieve my goals of being a programmer, I somehow came across an advertisement for bootcamps. Feeling that this was a bit of a scam, I added more and more hours of research and reading reviews, to finally found the right programming bootcamp for me, LearningFuze. Pretty much after the info session and root course you could say the rest was a wrap. I signed up, completed the course and feel a million times better with my career changing life choice.

This bootcamp is not some easy 12 week stroll. You'll have moments where you'll feel lost, incompetent, and stressed. Have no fear, the team and your future classmates will have your back. They will come in as early as and stay as late as you do to help you understand the material and lessons being taught. But you, also have to put 100% and more effort in to this. Be prepared to fall, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and do it all over again the next day. This type of learning isn't for everyone, but I know my classmates and I have overall, better our lives going through this program.

• Well Worth It.
    - 5/24/2017
    Erik Nuber • Student

I graduated twenty years ago with a computer science degree, I never made use of it as I was simply out-dated in my knowledge before I even finished school. I have been a graphic designer for the past twenty years and, was interested enough in getting back into coding that I started learning on my own online and by reading books.

I ended up deciding to go to an accelerated web development program because I knew I had gaps in my knowledge and, wanted that extra push as well as to work with people that wanted to learn as much as I did. I did my research before choosing a program, I went to meet ups at various locations, talked to current and in one case a person that had already finished the program before making my decision about going to LearningFuze.

The result has been to solidify my knowledge in areas I know I needed help in. You definitely not just learn to code but, you spend far more time coding and doing so productively that many things become second nature. You also learn how to code which is just as important. This includes learning to find answers, learning to figure out how to solve tough problems, learning to ask questions when necessary and, how to use developer tools properly.

More than this, you also learn to work with others as several projects are done in groups. We all code and think differently and, learning to work with others of varying skill levels, communicate effectively and, still put out something that you can be proud of is an experience all in its own. For our cohort, the first group projects also helped bring us closer and, got us started in talking with each other more. You will learn real world skills that are designed to simulate a real work environment so that when you do find a job, you have the knowledge to be productive immediately.

The part that is hard to describe is the amount of effort and dedication that you will need to have as you will get from the program what you put into it. It is a rewarding experience and, there are reasons you see nothing but rave reviews for LearningFuze. It may seem like a leap of faith but, it is one I wish I had taken far sooner.

Feel free to send me a message or ask any questions... https://www.linkedin.com/in/eriknuber/

• Fantastic
    - 5/16/2017
    Andres • Software Engineer • Graduate

After an intense 12 weeks, I am happy with my decision to enroll and complete the Learning Fuze Web Development Program.
    I had dabbled in computer programming on my own for many years, but this program was truly the difference between "kind of programmed" and "web developer." Some of the defining moments of the program were the "hackahtons" where students had 36 hours to complete a development challenge in assigned groups. The program has taught me how to be a developer in the kind of team environment one would be expected to perform in at a place of employment. Three months ago, I would have never believed that I would be an integral part in developing a web app with client side code written using the React Javascript framework and server side code written using NodeJS, mySQL, and php.

• Best Experience!
    - 5/15/2017
    Yaeri Lim • Graduate

Before I started Learningfuze, I only had very basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.  With great instructors and staffs, now I am very confident with JavaScript and related libraries/frameworks.

The best part about Learningfuze was that instructors were very passionate in teaching and helping students to learn thoroughly. No matter how early or late you want the instructors to come in or stay late, they will spend extra time to help students out. For example, instructor Dan held early morning sessions for me and one other student because we weren’t confident on some of the topics that we covered. Not only that, they helped a lot with preparing for job searching and interviews.

Exactly one month after I graduated, I was offered with two great opportunities. The 12 week course was very challenging and intense but it was worth it. The only regret I have is that I didn’t start this sooner.

• The Best
    - 4/27/2017
    Miles Bretall • Web Developer • Graduate

LearningFuze is fantastic. Dan, Scott, and Tim are all extremely invalueable resources on the coding journey. One of the coolest aspects of LFZ, aside from the teachers, is the overall environment. I couldn't have asked for a better group of students to work along side with. Everyone is positive and is always willing to help in any way they can.

This three month long program is by no means easy, but it is as rewarding as you can imagine. A couple months after the program was over, I was offered a position with a very nice salary as an entry level developer. In short, I went from a graphic designer to a web developer is just three months. Anyone who is looking for a career change needs to check this school out.

• Worth It
    - 2/28/2017
    Daniel L. • Web Developer • Graduate

I'm going to review the Job Assistance that LearningFuze provides since most of the other reviews here seem to focus on the actual teaching part of LearningFuze. Although just to put in a quick word backing up what everyone else has been saying, the instructors are awesome and the curriculum is great. Dan the lead instructor is an amazing teacher and he cares deeply about everyone's personal development as a programmer. The other developers there working at LearningFuze also really know their stuff and are almost always available for any questions you may have.

Aside from what I just mentioned, I would say that the employment tips and job assistance LearningFuze provides might be worth the price of admission alone. Some of those tips come in the form of specific lessons and feedback from Savrut where he gives advice on dealing with salary negotiations, helps you understand the mindset of recruiters/ hr people, and also conducts mock interviews. Dan will also conduct mock whiteboard interviews which although rare for jr web developer interviews, they pop up enough that you should be prepared for them (I was only asked by one company to do one in my interviews).

As for the actual job search itself, before you start applying for jobs, they recommend that you submit a personal portfolio, resume, github, and online presence (linkedin, angel list, etc.) to them so that they can pore over the details and make sure everything is finely tuned. This way that you don't start off on the wrong foot with buggy projects or bad resumes when you start applying. This process can take multiple submissions before getting everything up to their standards (I had to make 3 submissions) but once they approve of everything, you will have the utmost confidence to start applying to jobs. And once you start you won't be alone either as they will be sending out your resume to companies in their network as well. Every couple days Bill will check up on your progress to give you words of encouragement and ask you how you're doing while also passing along potential opportunities ("such and such company told me that they're looking for a PHP developer. a job posting should open up soon on their website so you should apply and mention that you were referred by me."). The job search can be grueling (they recommend applying to at least 3 jobs a day) so having LearningFuze send out resumes along side you is a huge benefit. And what's even better about all that is that the response rate was much higher for the companies LearningFuze had talked to for me than for the companies I applied to totally on my own. In the end after about 2 and a half months of my job search (although honestly only a month of serious applying as I wasn't hardcore applying initially and more focused on continuing to improve my web dev skills since there's always more to learn!) I was eventually offered a web developer position for a digital agency in Irvine. I'm incredibly pleased to finally be able start my web development career and I just have to thank LearningFuze for everything they've done to help me get here.