learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion 12-week web development bootcamp and part-time hybrid online course in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Teaching includes problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged in to LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (151) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (32) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date February 17, 2020
    LocationOrange County
    The 12 week full immersion program teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    Deposit$250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: SkillsFund and
    ISA (Income Share Agreement).
    Contact us for more information
    Tuition PlansPlease check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / GuaranteeProrated within the first week of the program
    Scholarship$12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
    February 17, 2020 - Orange County
  • Part Time Comprehensive Program

LocationOrange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    DepositNone
    We offer financing through our lending partners SkillsFund
    Refund / Guarantee$500 discount for Module 1
    ScholarshipPlease check our website for scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience necessary
    Prep WorkRecommendations on each module
  • Root JS Prep Class

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    Start Date February 1, 2020
    LocationOrange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    Tuition PlansSkills Fund, ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML and CSS
    Prep WorkSee LearningFuze part time courses
    February 1, 2020 - Orange County Apply by January 31, 2020
  • Root Level I Prep Class

HTML, Git, CSS, Front End
    Start Date February 1, 2020
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Root Level 1 is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers
    DepositNone required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelSome understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer
    February 1, 2020 - Orange County

• Kris Chanthasiriphan  User Photo
    Kris Chanthasiriphan • Student Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp iprovides everything you need to be successful. Compared to other programs, LearningFuze gives students the most bang for their buck. The instructors are extremely knowledgable and always there for you.

You truly get out what you put into this program. They do a great job of setting the playing field for you and help initiate your career in development. The most important thing you can get out of this program is the ability to learn and continue learning as you move forward.

The program structure simulates the real world work environment and encourages collaboration and communication amongst the students and instructors. Not only do you develop your technical skills, you have a change to develop soft skills.

• Gerald Blackmon  User Photo
    Gerald Blackmon • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This program is beyond exceeding my expectations. Coming into a program that is as condensed and accelerated as a boot camp, I was very concerned on the quality of education I would be receiving. I was quickly relieved as the instructors are extremely knowledgeable. Of course they teach the material, showing great knowledge of the code itself, but they teach more than just syntax and language. A main focus is the thought process behind every decision, and how to arrive at the correct solution for the problem you are currently facing.

I would suggest this program to anyone that is looking to get into software development

• Ryan Kang  User Photo
    Ryan Kang • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze is an amazing learning environment with dedicated instructors who are knowledgdable in web development and computer science. As a continuing university student, I have had my fair share of computer science professors with a lack of motivation and care for their students. It is a direct contrast here at LearningFuze. Instructors are willing to spend hours on end to help students fully understand difficult-to-learn concepts. For instance, most instructors stay 1-2 hours after class (10am-6pm) to reteach concepts learned in class. Not once have I heard any of the LearningFuze instructors complain about a student not understanding a concept, which is a contrast from what I encounter in some of my classes in university.

Along with the great instructors to help guide you through the journey of computer science and programming, there are numerous workshops and presentations (led by TJ Kinion) on how to clean up your technical resume, how to make connections with other programmers and employers and how to effectively handle hard interview situations. TJ does a great job going over these topics throughout the program and making sure we sharpen up on our communication and soft skills.

All in all, LearningFuze is an amazing learning environment that challenges you and sets you up for success. I now feel more confident to showcase both my programming and teamwork/leadership abilities to employers, and I am excited to finish up my last year of university with all of the skills I gained from LearningFuze. My biggest advice to anyone who's not sure of whether to do this program or not is to come to the info sessions and talk to the instructors and get a feel for its great learning atmosphere.

• Sam S  User Photo
    Sam S • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I enrollled at Learning Fuze after considering many other bootcamps in the LA / Orange County area and could not be more satisfied with my decision. While making a career change can be daunting, the dedicated instructors, motivated peers and thorough curriculum at LFZ give its students the confidence to tackle that challenge head-on.

I initially chose LFZ because of the passion and teaching style of its lead instructor, Dan Paschal. I attended an info session and was impressed by Dan's attention to detail, patience and ability to make abstract programming concepts accessible to non-technical laymen. Once I started the program, I appreciated Dan's thorough instruction and commitment to his students all the more.

Learning Fuze also offers introductory 'root' classes as a part of its full-immersion program. I felt the opportunity to take a month of entry-level classes to become more familiar with programming was a great asset and helped me prepare prior to the start of the full-time class.

The full-immersion curriculum is incredibly well thought-out. The instructors and program directors at LFZ tailor their instruction to cover relevant technologies. Students cement their knowledge from lectures by creating many applications over the 12-week program period. Team projects allow students to gain experience with important tools and methodologies like Agile scrum, GitHub and Issue and Project Tracking.

Learning Fuze fosters an environment for life-long learning and collaboration. The facility hosts meetups and alumni speaking events on a variety of topics. Peers motivate each other to push themselves and achieve goals. Intellectualy curiosity is encouraged; no question will go unanswered and instructors are available to assist students on a one-on-one basis. Alumni are also welcome to return any time after graduation, whether for instruction, a quiet work environment or just to hang out with their peers.

I would highly reccomend Learning Fuze to anyone looking for a program that will prepare them to pursue a career in programming. Participating in their full-immersion program provided me with a solid fullstack JS, HTML and CSS foundation, the tools essential to succeeding in the field and and a number of strong friendships.

• Li Zhang  User Photo
    Li Zhang • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Deciding on making a major career switch wasn't something easy.  Deciding on enrolling into LearningFuse was.

When I first interviewed with Bill, the Director of Operations at LearningFuze, I expressed my eager to experience how to team up with other brilliant developers for group projects, and hoped to gain valuable insight into how the Web development industry operates. Looking back, I can say without reservation that I got all that I've initially desired, and much more.

As was already mentioned in many other reviews, LFZ has a team of excellent, excellent instructors to help students succeed, and they are always there for us. Once I learned how to ask the right questions, I found myself moving forward with an amazing pace. I cannot count how many times a quick chat with an instructor helped me turn the corner -- Andy, Cody, Collette, you are all amazing!  Thank you so much for always showing me the light!  Then once a solid foundation was built, I was welcomed into the well-structured lectures by Scott on advanced topics, and honestly, words cannot describe how much joy I have felt while learning something new every day in his classroom.  Much respect.

One important aspect that sets LearningFuze apart is the support system they provide post-graduation. After finishing the 12-week full immersion program, I continued to go to the Alumni room to improve my skills and working on projects.  It is invaluable to have a knowledgeable, patient, and highly detail-oriented instructor like Tim, who dives deeply into my projects and always finds something "could be better" in my code, so that I will re-think and then improve. It was actually on the 39th day post-graduation that I finally received Tim's stamp of approval on all my projects and portfolio.  It may seem like a long period of time, but I have to say that it was a very enjoyable journey and well worth it.  Doing all the hard work to improve the projects allowed all the previously learned knowledge to precipitate and solidify as my *own* skill set, and in the end made me a better developer.

Coding aside, LearningFuze provides amazing networking opportunities and job support. Bill and TJ Kinion not only organize various networking events for us to meet potential employers, learn from alumni’s success, and catch up with current tech advancements, they also make time for individual students to help their job hunt.  I want to give a special shout out to TJ. I asked TJ for advice often (even when he was on his vacation in Greece) and had multiple mini-meetings with him to talk about various aspects of my job search.  He not only provided me with valuable resume building suggestions and interview guidance, but also in a broader sense influenced me with his always-so-positive attitude.  His positive spirit was a tremendous boost of energy that helped me through many things.  I will always be grateful for his assistance and support along the way.

Last but not least, I truly cherish the friendship I have harvested from this program. When you are in the trench with someone 60+ hours per week, you bond with them.  I was fortunate to work alongside some brilliant and passionate cohort mates.  Going into class with them motivated me to be better every day.  All those special memories I share with my cohort mates, the LearningFuze staff and many of the students make me smile from time to time.

A life-changing experience it was.

• Excellent program
    - 6/25/2018
    Brian  User Photo
    Brian • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

LearningFuze provides a well structured and detailed program taught by dedicated instructors. You will find that the instructors care about what they teach and will make sure that the students learn more than what is necessary to earn their role as a developer.

The front and backend stack change depending on the market demand which helps the job applications be more competitive. The job assistance program provided at the end of the program also provide help that is well worth what you pay for.

Just like being in school, the most important thing will be how much time and effort you put in to everything given to you, but if you put in the necessary time and work, it's all worth the effort.

• Jeff L  User Photo
    Jeff L • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze is an amazing place to learn about coding, and it is definitely a school that TEACHES coding. The teachers here are amazing also. They help you anyway they can and explain in a way that you will understand. I came in not knowing more than how to check my email and facebook to being able to make games and I am currently designing an app as my final project. The wealth of knowledge the teachers have here is amazing, especially the head instructor Dan Paschal. There is ALWAYS someone able to help you and if you need extra help they make the time and effort for you. There is a deep amount of dedication needed to finish the program, but as long as you stick with it, and ask questions you will get alot out of the program. I highly recommend this place to start your career in software development here.

Their curriculum is extensive ranging from HTML5, CSS, Javascript, JSX, REACT, PHP, Node.js, MySQL and others

• Josh C.  User Photo
    Josh C. • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I've researched bootcamps for about three to four years, seen "high-salary guaruntee" bootcamps go under, and other well knowns be reputably sucessfull! In the end, I realized, I just needed to choose one place where I can learn practical hands-on code in "classroom" setting (bc that's how I learn best!). Finally, after a friend refered me to LearningFuze, I decided to end my search, choose this bootcamp, and run with it. To do this day, I believe I have made one of the best decisions of my life! I literally went from being confused with Javascript to building extensive web apps in React.JS! Something I only dreamed of doing! LearningFuze's full immersive environment and cirricucullum was really well structured that it enabled me to absord the hard skill of a developer! All of the instructors built up my hard skill of coding, which then coupling with my soft skills and previous work experience, was able to get me a job at an awesome tech company of dreams! Thank you, LFZ!

• Jeffrei Cher  User Photo
    Jeffrei Cher • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The learning environment at LearningFuze was what I enjoyed most at this program. I was surrounded by passionate classmates that shared the same focus as me and that was a huge factor for my success. The instructors here are always willing to help if you ask and the job preperation that they provide you with is more than enough to get you a job as long as you work hard at it. Overall, i've learned more than I even imagined in the 12 weeks that I was here. Thanks LearningFuze!

- 4/11/2018
    Collin Wong  User Photo
    Collin Wong • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

LeaningFuze helped me change my life and get my start as a Web Developer.

If you are willing to put in the time and effort, you can go from a person with zero or little experience to someone who can build applications from scratch. This program not only teaches you how to be code well by yourself but how to work as a team.

I highly recommend the program!

• Sangwoo Kim  User Photo
    Sangwoo Kim • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from Learning Fuze. I came from nothing. I had no programming experience at all before I came to Learning Fuze. But I just wanted to say that everyone can do it with Learning Fuze. Although this course is extremely comprehensive and intense, it is worth it.

You don't need any prior experience or any related education in order to success. However, you only need one thing. That is commitment. The hours of this program is 10am to 6pm. But I usually was at Learning Fuze 9am to 9pm everyday which is 12 hours a day. I even study when I get home. Friendly instrutors are always there to help you. Whenever you need help, all you need to do is ask questions. They will always be there to help you and will teach you until you understand.

You don't just learn how to code better from Learning Fuze. You will learn the culture of this industry. You will learn how to ask better questions and get right answers when you don't know. You will learn how to handle issues quickly. You will learn latest technologies.

It was really great experience.

• Jonathan  User Photo
    Jonathan • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I've been a student at LearningFuze for 2.5 months. I've nearly finished the program, and I have had an excellent experience thus far. The instructors provide a significant amount of lecture time, as well as projects that utilize the methods learned. In combination with my personal studies has provided an extremely solid base of CS knowledge and practice. In the past 3 months I have had nearly 800 hours of hands on coding time. The program requires a substantial time investment, and I've committed approximately 12-14 hours per day, five days per week, with about 6 hours or more on the weekends. This is an INTENSIVE and IMMERSIVE program, that is intended to take you from knowing nothing, to knowing enough to work in the development field. We train extensively on JavaScript, jQuery, MYSQL, ReactJS, NodeJS, PHP, as well as other frameworks. It is a lot of information. Be prepared to commit your life to it for 3 months. I've had a wonderful experience with Dan, Scott, Andy, Cody, Collette, and all the other staff/instructors. They are all very knowledgeable, and I feel prepared to go step onto a job after this. In addition to that, they provide a significant amount of help building and filling out a portfolio to demonstrate the coding capability that we developed in the program, and to build a resume that expresses our knowledge to potential employers. Overall, I would say that I had a positive experience and would recommend the program to anyone who can be committed to it.

• Chris  User Photo
    Chris • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Like most people I was in a job I didn't really care to much about, luckily I stumbled into programming and started self-teaching in preparation for attending a bootcamp. I wasn't sure which one I should attend though, some bootcamps have a stack that's all over the place or are brand new, I even saw a bootcamp for part-time, which after attending a full-immersion program I think it's impossible to do part time.

After doing my research, attending an info session, and meeting the lead instructor I decided on LearningFuze. This was easily the greatest learning experience I've had. The environment and curriculum really help with getting the basics down and then building on top of that so you'll never feel lost or behind. There are plenty of opportunities to practice what you've learned each day and then build on it. But like anything in life you get out of it what you put into it and this is work that requires you to put in a lot of effort. There were plenty of students in my cohort who regularly stayed till 8pm 9pm and even 10pm, but then again my cohort was Dope AF so there's that.  This requires your whole attention and dedication, the great part is there are plenty of instructors there to make sure they can answer any question you have and guide you in the right direction. Andy personally helped me on more occasions than I can count and quickly became one of my go to guys. I advise anyone who attends to ask as many questions as it takes to get the answer or until you understand, Dan the lead instructor and any of the other instructors are is ecstatic to answer any question you have to help you understand and make sure you get it. LearningFuze has a great track for after you graduate when you're out on the job hunt. Unlike most bootcamps LearningFuze will be there every step of the way to help you land a job from Application and Portfolio review, mock interviews, resume review, and job search tips. They even have employers they work, and they're actively looking for jobs they can setup you with too. If you follow the program, make sure you have a firm understanding, put in the work, and follow the career guidance there is no reason you should not land a job and start you career in programming.

• Chris Kim  User Photo
    Chris Kim • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I completed the 12 week course in December 2017 and what an intense exhilarating journey it was.  I wanted a career change from working in retail and I always had a knack for technology.  Coming in with no prior experience, I had a hard time trying to learning so many things so fast, but coming in everyday learning the material and practicing, practicing, and more practicing I never would have thought I could be where I am at today in my web developement process!  The staff is amazingly dedicated and so helpful! Dan, the lead teacher is literally there for 10-12 hours a day willing to help and Andy and Tim are really knowledgeable and are always happy to help you with any issues.  Since I have graduated Learning Fuze, TJ the program manager has helped be prepare my portfolio and go over my resume and I know I will be well prepared as I start looking for jobs in the real world later this month!

• Soren Baird  User Photo
    Soren Baird • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am very thankful that I chose to come to LearningFuze. Five months ago, I left a job in HR, with hardly any technical background. And now, I just started my first job as a web developer. LearningFuze accelerated my ability to successfully transition to a new career. Though there is still a ton that I don't know, I am surprised and how much I was able to learn in 3-months. More than anything else, LearningFuze laid the foundation to continue learning and have categories to place that new information.

There are a lot of things I could say, but I'll focus on two major strengths that stand out to me about LearningFuze:
    1. Post-Graduation Support
    2. Job Support

Post-Graduation Support: I've had the experience at other schools of being cut-off from the community as soon as you graduate. This was not at all the case with LearningFuze. They have a dedicated room for Alumni and I always felt welcomed. After graduation, the staff continued to invest time and energy into me, my portfolio, and my job search. If you continue to invest the time and effort, LearningFuze will continue to invest the time and effort until you find your first web developer job.

Job Support: LearningFuze provides amazing networking opportunities and job support. Because they have been around for multiple years and have an established staff, they have strong connections with companies in the greater Orange County area. These connections will often be the foot in the door for a new developer. I want to give a specific shout out to TJ Kinion. TJ does an amazing job of getting to know students, informing students about job opportunities, connecting students to networking events, and providing resume and interview guidance. I owe much of my current opportunity to his work and support.

If you are looking to restart your career, and you want to pursue Web Development in Orange County, I highly recommend this program.

Feel free to check out my LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/in/soren-baird

• Jeffrey Pau  User Photo
    Jeffrey Pau • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently half-way through the 12 week full immersion program, and I love it.

So why did I describe LFZ (Learning Fuze) with those three words? Allow me to explain.

Intense. Learning Fuze is going to be one of the biggest commitments you will make in your life. You will get out of this program just as much as you put into it. That said, there are great instructors here always willing to help that make your life so much easier. I'm by no means the hardest worker here, but I can see so much improvement in not just myself but all of those around me that is unparalleled to anything I've seen in any colleges.

Family. When you come to LFZ, you are committing yourself to over 12 weeks of 10-14 hour days here. All of the staff and all of your cohort buddies become your family. You build bonds with them second only to your own relatives.

Fun. Despite the fact that you will be drowning in things you can learn, it won't stop you from having the time of your life. I have enjoyed these 6 weeks beyond measure and I know it will only become more so as I continue in this program.

If you are reading this review and aren't sure if LFZ would be the right fit for you, the question you really should be asking yourself is "How much am I willing to invest into this?". If you are enthusiastic about programming and are willing to invest the time, this is the right place for you and I wouldn't wait to come here!

• Matt Geller  User Photo
    Matt Geller • Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze took me from my first taste of web development, through building my own live website, to support during my job hunt. The curriculum starts out with regular assignments and lectures. Later, the structure of the class becomes more typical of what you would see in a real-world development environment: project focused, working both individually and in teams. Through it all, there is plenty of support available from the instructors.

Just a few weeks after the end of official instruction, I was hired as a web developer thanks to a connection I made through TJ, one of the instructors. One of the first things I noticed at my new job was that I already felt comfortable in a working development environment. LearningFuze was able to emulate that environment so faithfully that I entered my new job already with a sense of how the day-to-day proceedings worked.

Definitely the best investment I’ve ever made!

• Austin Violette  User Photo
    Austin Violette • Application Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just recently graduated from learningfuze and without a doubt I can say it was the best learning experience of my life. Before the program I was pursuing my degree in Computer Science and working as a junior developer for a family owned company. I found little enjoyment in my work because I had almost no knowledge in programming. Learningfuze helped me to develop skills in html/css/js/react/node/php. Now, not only do I enjoy programming because I'm finally capable of writing complete code, but I also enjoy learning in general. Learningfuze taught me how to learn like a developer and take creative approaches to problem solving. I feel much more confident in pursuing my degree and expanding my programming knoledge.

As for the instructors of learningfuze.

Bill, Dan, Scott, Andy, and Collette are the reason I was successful in this program. They all have an unbelievable passion for programing and love to help others. No matter how much a student stuggles in the course, they will always go out of their way to ensure the student catches up and has a firm grasp on the subject.

I would recommend learningfuze to anyone who enjoys a challenge and truly wants to pursue their career as a programmer.

• Joshua Huber  User Photo
    Joshua Huber • Frontend Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Here is the truth.  It's all about you!

Are you self motivated?  Are you willing to do everything in your power to succeed?  Are you willing to shut out all external distractions (facebook, friends).  Do you have the full support of your family?  Can you afford to live 4-6 months (3 months bootcamp/1-3 job search) without income?  Do you understand that you will have to hustle even after the bootcamp?  Are you ready for a complete life changing experience?

If the answer is no stop.  Save your money.  Move on.

If the answer is YES continue reading.

Dan, Bill and company are amazing!  They will be there as early as you want (6am no problem).  As late as you need (midnight or lock the door after you leave).  They will let you in on the weekends.  Their program is always evolving to meet new technology standards.  They work hard to provide you with everything possible to help you succeed.

I've never ever seen the kind of dedication lead instructor Daniel has for his students.  He has literally spent 12hrs+ everyday for years to help motivated students learn.  Dan is extremely passionate about development and even more passionate about helping people.

I was not the best developer in my cohort (middle of the pack at best).  All I had was hustle, hardwork and a smile.  I recived two job offers within 4 months of starting the bootcamp.

Believe the hype.

Learning Fuze is the real deal.

Are you?

• Donald J Tran  User Photo
    Donald J Tran • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

What sets LearningFuze apart from the other boot camps is how well connected they are in the job market. The Director of Operations, Bill, knows just about every tech-related person in Orange County. No matter what industry you’re coming from, you know that networking is the key to finding a job. Bill leverages his connections to help you find that job after you graduate.

Another thing that sets LearningFuze apart from other boot camps is the culture. Where most bootcamps have classes that start and end at a specific time, LearningFuze keeps their doors open for as long as you need. The Lead Instructor Dan really invests his time into you and makes sure you truly understand the concepts being taught. His resolve has fostered a culture where students are often coming in early and staying late to get the extra help. Our cohort came in at 8am and left at 10pm every weekday, and about 5 hours on Saturday. The LearningFuze instructors matched our time spent, and even came in at 630am to offer “zero period” lectures twice a week. The fact they were there with us 13-16 hours a day goes to show the level of dedication of the LearningFuze staff.

Beyond Dan and Bill, there are a plethora of resources available for you at LearningFuze.  Senior instructors are there to mentor you on your projects and offer you tidbits from their pools of immense wisdom.  Junior instructors help you tackle your issues, and really invest their own time to learn better ways they could teach and help you be well-equipped for your career.  Guest speakers from various companies come in almost bi-weekly to provide stories about what makes a successful career, how to present yourself in an interview, pitfalls to avoid on your resume, or just random insight on the tech industry.

The most successful students are the ones who put in the most time. Dedication, not skill is what makes a successful bootcamp graduate.  If you put in the time, so will the LearningFuze staff. You'll never feel yourself in a position where things are moving too slow. My best advice would be to find a small group of people willing to commit 12 hours a day to code, and just do it. Passion and determination are contagious, and soon your whole cohort will follow suit. It's much easier to learn in an environment where everyone else is willing to put in the time, like you. After all, that's why you're looking for a boot camp, right? If you could learn coding all on our own, you wouldn't be here reading this review and looking into bootcamps.

Here are some tips from a graduate who got an offer less than 10 days after his first application:

• Be ready to spend 12 hours a day, 65 hours a week coding.  The more polished your projects are when you complete them, the less polish you’ll have to do post-graduation.  This is a time investment; let your post-graduation time be spent focusing on applications and interviews.
    • Cut off all unnecessary distractions.  Deactivate your facebook, mute your group chats, change your social media passwords, unsubscribe from all news, uninstall your games.
    • Cut back on all responsibilities.  Cancel your gym membership, tell your significant other you'll be spending less time with each other, drop all your hobbies.  You have plenty of time to catch up on all of these later when you celebrate your offer.
    • Treat every day like it’s an interview.  Your instructors and peers are your references; you being a hard-worker will definitely make them more inclined to see you succeed.
    • From Week 1 Day 1 all your projects are “production-level”, aka your Github is your resume.  If the Past-You builds good habits early on and learns what is best practice to write clean code, your Future-You (and prospective employers) won’t be as confused when you go back and comment your code from 3 months ago.
    • Do NOT stop your good habits after you graduate.  The worst thing you could do for yourself is take a vacation.  Keep the momentum rolling because you definitely won’t be sharp for any interviews if you’ve allowed any of those 3 months of knowledge crammed into your brain to leak out.

This is a life-changing 6 months (1 month prep, 3 month course, 2 months portfolio and applications).  Learn as much as you can now and get your dream job.  You dont have to go as hardcore as me, but understand that the more time you put into your education now while you're at LearningFuze, the better jumpstart you'll have for your career.

• AO  User Photo
    AO • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you're a recent college graduate who is having a difficult time finding a place to gain experience. Take some time to look into this program. It's been 12 weeks and I can confidently say that all the time I've spent here has taught me new set of skills that I'm can't help but be grateful for.

The lead instructor Dan is very knowledgeable. There have been countless times where my logic has been challenged to allow me to gain more perspective on how to approach and solve problems. At the end of the day, the long hours spent here boiled down to stregthening my logic and collaborating within an atmosphere where we can apply our problem-solving abilities.

The program is going to be difficult, but if you're ready for the dive, be prepared to be exhausted during multiple stages of the experience. You'll be happy that you worked hard.

• Great program!
    - 3/29/2017
    Sloan Tash  User Photo
    Sloan Tash • Junior Web Developer / Creative Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze gives its students a wonderful opportunity. It is still up to the student to grab it and run with it, but who could ask for more? Dan is a wealth of knowledge and a patient teacher. You truly can get out as much as you put in. The real-world setting is really paying off in the workplace, as I already have experience with many aspects of life as a web developer beyond just coding. In addition, the ratio of students to instructors is fantastic and help is always just a question away.

With their assistance, I was able to get a job quickly after graduating, and even now that I'm out of the program, Dan checks in on me regularly to make sure everything is going well. I'm sure that if I encounter any challenges,the team at LFZ would all be available to me as an ongoing resource.

Thanks, LearningFuze!!!!

• Yrenia Y  User Photo
    Yrenia Y • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had a great experience at LearningFuze learning web development. I was doing graphic/web design originally and had wanted to delve deeper into the development side. The curriculum focuses on teach a set of core programming languages before splitting into front-end and back-end technologies. I enjoyed how project-based the curriculum was and the applications that you get to develop really help you to hone your skills and allow you to learn how to build fairly sophisticated and polished apps. The program is very fast paced and intense and you have to put in a lot of effort and work to learn the material in 3 months time. Although regular hours are from 10-6pm,the facility stays open after hours and many students stay late (8 or 9pm) to continue working on practice problems and projects.The instructors here are smart and knowledgeable about web development and know their material really well. Dan, the lead instructor, is very passionate and dedicated to teaching and usually will stay late to answer questions and help out students. LearningFuze also provides job assistance once the program is done to aid you in your job hunt. You are encouraged to come back and continue learning, and I came back several times after graduation to listen to lectures again and get help with improving my projects and portfolio.They will make sure that your portfolio is polished and completed, and once ready, introduce you to their network of contacts. This was very helpful for me as I find the job search to be a frustrating and drawn out process. With their help, I was able to find a job at a startup company working as a programmer.

So advice for potential students?

-Before coming, make sure you can fully dedicate yourself to learning web development for 3 months. This program is intense and will take up all of your energy and time.

-Don't fall behind on assignments/ projects. The material is cumulative and builds up quickly

-If you need help with anything, just ask!

- Come to one of LFZ's info sessions and talk to the instructors and students there to make sure this program will meet your needs.

• TL  User Photo
    TL • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Coming from a non-technological background, it was a big relief for me that Learningfuze caters people who have or have not had experience.

Things I really appreciate about LF:

-The course is 12 weeks, but you also get two weeks of additional class that will prepare you for the basic such as HTML and CSS.

-During and near the end of your time, someone will be there to help you assemble your resume and assist you in the job search.

-You will be given the opportunity to choose if you want to go back-end or front-end, but they don't limit you if you want to learn both.

-Advanced topics are offered to anyone who is willing to come early on Tuesdays and Thursday mornings before regular instruction begins.

-Alot of guest speakers (past students and professionals in the field) are invited, which provide great opportunities for you to network.

The curriculum is focued on learning the principles of computer programming, which to me was more important than just memorizing code. They will teach you how to approach solutions, and place an emphasis on learning the logic behind it. The course is tough, and you will need to be self-disciplined if you want to succeed. Noone will be here to hold your hand, but they will be here if you ask for help! Be ready to feel vulnerable, but it will eventually make you a better programmer. You get more out of the program, than just learning how to code. You also learn how to ask better questions, as well as learn that its ok to not know everything. If you do join Learningfuze, you will find yourself surrounded by funny, helpful, and passionate people who truly love what they do.

• Jay • Graduate

In addition to the actual coding skills, LearningFuze taught me to think like a programmer, new problem solving skills, new strategies for learning, and new ways of thinking. Four months after graduation I landed an amazing job.

There is a heavy emphasis on providing a simulated workplace environment. There is a capstone final project, and you will build a beautiful and impressive portfolio using your various projects from the course. The curriculum is designed to prepare you to hit the ground running as a new member of a software development team.

They dont make big claims, promises, or sugar coat.
    They prepare you for the reality of the job hunt and provide top notch career services.
    They equip you for success in the job market and in your career.
    They create opportunities for you with speakers, events, introductions.
    The alumni community is highly talented and supportive.

Go see for yourself!