learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion 12-week web development bootcamp and part-time hybrid online course in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Teaching includes problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged in to LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (135) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (31) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

November 4, 2019
    Orange County
    The 12 week full immersion program teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    $250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: https://learningfuze.skills.fund/
    ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    Contact us for more information
    Please check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / Guarantee
    Prorated within the first week of the program
    $12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    It is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Students that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
    November 4, 2019 - Orange County
  • Part Time Comprehensive Program

October 26, 2019
    Orange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    None
    Not available
    We offer financing through our lending partner Skills Fund
    Refund / Guarantee
    $500 discount for Module 1
    Please check our website for scholarships
    No prior experience necessary
    Recommendations on each module
    October 26, 2019 - Orange County
  • Root JS Prep Class

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    Rolling Start Date
    $95
    Orange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    Skills Fund, ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    HTML and CSS
    See LearningFuze part time courses
  • Root Level I Prep Class

HTML, Git, CSS, Front End
    Rolling Start Date
    $95
    Orange County, Irvine
    Root Level 1 is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers
    None required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Some understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer

• Amazing program
    - 8/5/2019
    Jeremy Wang  User Photo
    Jeremy Wang • React Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from LearningFuze 6 weeks ago.

I enrolled in the full-immersion course.

Please let me share you with you what I think is special about this Bootcamp.

1. Career service: LearningFuze has a magical event called demo-day. After your portfolios get approved, you are qualified to it. It is an event that Lfz helps you connect directly to employers. As the oldest and the most successful Bootcamp in SoCal, lfz has a very strong connection to local tech companies. At demo day, local companies come to you, talk to you, and check out your projects. You can see it as an express line to an offer, which is much better than applying online. TJ Kinion puts so much effort to keep demo-day ongoing. Many many students, include me, got their first offer through this event.
    2. Post-graduation time: You signed the contract with them that you will be a student there for 3 months. But after you graduate, you are more than welcomed staying in. LearningFuze set up an alumni room for graduates, where you can continue work on your portfolio and projects. You can still access all the instructors. They will help you just like they always did during the course.
    3. Cohort: After 3 months, friendship among cohort mates developed deeply. More than that, I get close with my previous, next cohort and even some alumni graduated a long time ago. I have to say, students in lfz just have class. Learning code is hard. But it is fun when you are with persons that have the same passion and goal as you. You won't feel lonely or lost when intelligent students are around you and grow together with you. You will make some life-long friends in this school.
    4. Course curriculum: they know what local tech company needs, and they design the course adapting that requirements. You learn what the industry is looking for. Besides that, they take feedback and update in each cohort. For example, my previous cohort didn't have enough time to dive deep into Redux, so they didn't cover that in my cohort, instead, they focus more on core React. For my cohort, students showed great interest in Node.js, so my next cohort, they support students to build the final project in Node. They do listen to students and change their content to make us happier. Tim.D, one of the lead instructors there, he creates his own materials, which is pure awesome. He knows what you know, you don't know and your think pattern. He doesn't only deliver knowledge but teach you competency to think like a programmer.

My overall experience is amazing. Actually, it turned out than I expected. It is a high-quality program that you won't be regretted to enroll in.

• EDMUND J PARK  User Photo
    EDMUND J PARK • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I chose to enroll at LearningFuze was because it was an establish bootcamp and I had heard good things about it.  After completing their introductory courses it confirmed my decision to continue in to their full-immersion program.

The emphasis on establishing the basics and making sure you started with a solid foundation was what I needed.  Coming from zero programming knowledge, I was unsure I would be able to keep up. The staff is extremely dedicated and helpful in making sure you learn at a steady pace and don't get left behind.

One of the biggest things I appreciate about the program is getting the full picture of what it takes to start a career as a web developer.   The curriculum is about giving a realistic view of what is needed to succeed. It's not just about learning the right stack or the lectures/projects.  Those are great, but it also includes getting you ready for the job search, how to network, opportunities for meetups and listening to speakers from the industry.  You not only are taught technical knowledge but soft-skills that will help you come out of the program prepared  to join the workforce.

• A great experience
    - 11/9/2018
    Mia Tran  User Photo
    Mia Tran Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze was a good investment for my future career. I went to LearningFuze having little knowledge about web development and coming out with the ability to buil apps and learn and adapt to other programming languages quickly. I also get to meet people with similar mindsets and get to work in team setting that will prepare me for future work environment. In addition, the instructors are very helpful. I am so grateful to have learnt from them. I enjoyed my experience a lots, and highly reccomend LearningFuze.

• Michael Salvati  User Photo
    Michael Salvati • Web Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze was a great experience. I had always wanted to learn how to code but just didn’t know where to start. Attending the Root classes at LearningFuze was a great intro and peaked my interest of code even further. The instructors do a great job of explaining each fundamental concept and are always available for individual help, which was awesome!

Just like any bootcamp the pace is fast! Which is great and the best way to learn if you are serious about learning how to code. Daniel a senior Instructor at LearningFuze is one of the most passionate, dedicated and caring teachers I have ever had. He is one of the many things that make it such a great learning environment.

The course is structured in a great way that not only builds your skills/portfolio but also teaches you how to prepare for interviews and job search the right way. I feel very prepared coming out of the class I highly recommend LearningFuze to those who want to learn web development.

• Rachel Pan  User Photo
    Rachel Pan Verified via LinkedIn

I can say without a doubt that this program is worth the money. I went through UCI with a double major in both humanities and science, so I've had my fair share of instructors and classes. I don't think I've ever been through a program where the teachers try so hard for you to suceed. The instructors are willing to set up extra classes for struggling students or even stay late to help students with their projects. Unlike a lot of university courses, this program endeavors to be current with the job market and teaches accordingly. It's a tough program and really pushes you to your limit, but with such a supportive staff, it's hard to fail.

• Tien Pham  User Photo
    Tien Pham • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I learned more than I ever thought I could in the past 4 months. The program was really intensive and it was great working with other driven people. The instructors were really dedicated and were willing to help with most questions I had. I gained good experince from LearningFuze, both in coding and working in a team environment. I also like that they give you tons of opportunties on doing mock interview. Overall, great structure and well planned-out.

• Jaytrin A.  User Photo
    Jaytrin A. • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently completing my last week of the 12 week program. I did plenty of research on coding programs and attended various information sessions within the OC area before deciding to join LearningFuze. I mainly joined because of how passionate the instructors are and the highly collaborative environment. Both were signs of great culture and I knew I wanted to be in an environment that would push me to reach my potential.

Coming from a non-coding background, there was a level of uneasiness entering an unfamiliar industry. LearningFuze does a great job accelerating the knowledge of newcomers while still providing people with more technical backgrounds the level of challenge they need to grow. The curriculum has been refined over many years yet it still adapts to the skills employers are looking for, what students are interested in learning and the evolving best practices.

This program doesn't just feed you a list of rules to abide by as you code. You learn the logic and reasoning behind the best practices to become a well-rounded problem solver who can tackle even the most unfamiliar of questions. Since it typically takes years of experience to even come close to mastering the intricacies of any technology, building the skills to prepare yourself for an ever-changing industry will providing a foundation for a lasting career.

LearningFuze also provides assistance when it comes to the job search. Students go through a rigorous process to ensure their portfolios are ready to be shown to employers. Speaking and networking events are constantly being pushed to students and LearningFuze has its own network of companies to recommend students who have completed their portfolios to. LearningFuze also provides interview prep, resume reviews and lectures on how to optimize your job search.

I truly believe in LearningFuze and hope that this review provides a glimpse into the value of the program. I had a fantastic experience and although I do not know what may have happened if another path was taken, I am confident that I made the right decision to join.

• Jhon A.  User Photo
    Jhon A. • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze provides a pleasant learning environment with very helpful instructors. Dan is remarkable when explaining tough concepts; he breaks it down with simple analogies that helped me understand and digest the topic.

The program is fast paced, intense and like most reviewers said you get what you put in. I, for the most part, spend 10-12 hours a day to learn and absorb the learning materials as much as I can, I only go home to sleep and shower. I thought I couldn't maintain that for 3 full months, but I did. How?

At LFZ I was surrounded by like-minded, motivated people who want to learn to code as much as I do and I loved it! I'm not only learning from the instructors but also from my classmates, seniors, alumni and guest speakers from various tech companies.

The curriculum gave us many opportunities to work together as a group. So we teamed up together, we got stuck on problems together, we solved programming problems together, and it was super fun and rewarding experience.

As every night goes by, I looked forward to what I'm going to learn the next day. It won't be easy, but I knew I'm going to get a lot of help and support from the instructors learning the materials.

Days and weeks passed by, and before I know it 3 months happened, 2 weeks later I got an internship in Irvine. 2 months into the internship, and I got a full-time job in Los Angeles.

Doing a boot camp was a big decision for me. Like you I researched different ones and read reviews. I contacted a couple of boot camps, attended info sessions, and I decided I like to move forward with LearningFuze, and I'm delighted I did.

• A Quality Program
    - 9/18/2018
    Rebecca M.  User Photo
    Rebecca M. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have just wrapped up the 12-week full immersion program at LearningFuze and wanted to share my thoughts because I know when I was looking for a boot camp I wanted to read as many reviews as possible.

LearningFuze was not the first boot camp I attended. I started out at another full immersion program in the area and I realized very quickly that I had made a mistake. Having spent two weeks at another program, I feel I have a unique perspective on the quality of instruction that LearningFuze offers.

Here are a couple of the things that I found most important.

LearningFuze focuses on coding fundamentals. You need to start with the basics and work your way up. The lead instructor, Dan, takes great care in making sure you understand the code you are writing and that you aren’t just memorizing the syntax without grasping the underlying concepts.

If a boot camp is trying to teach you React.js in the first or second week of the program when you can barely write a for loop in Javascript. Run away!

LearningFuze has plenty of instructors available to help you. One of the most frustrating things about the first boot camp I attended was the lack of assistance. There was one instructor for 14 students. If I had a question, I had to put myself in a queue and sometimes have to wait a couple hours if I was stuck while he was helping other students. What a waste of time! LearningFuze has at least seven instructors. I think the ratio of students to instructors is about 5 to 1. This makes it so easy to get the help you need. I have never had to wait very long at all to get the help I need and there are instructors on site almost every Saturday also.

Once the boot camp ends, the instructors are still there for you, assisting with getting your portfolio put together and polished.

What you need to know

Doing well at a boot camp requires a tremendous amount of time and dedication. If you are not able to put in the effort, it won’t matter where you attend school. You should expect to be putting in about 12 hours a day and working on the weekends too. Make sure your friends and family know you will be MIA for about three months.

It is challenging, but it is a great experience!

• David A.  User Photo
    David A. • Web Developer Student @LFZ • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am writing this review from the standpoint of completing 7 out of 12 weeks of this intense full immersion program. I still have 5 weeks left and everything about the program has been constantly exceeding my expectations.

My prior programming experience:

• HTML/CSS/JavaScript from codeCademy/freeCodeCamp
    • Java exposure from my previous logistics job

I had a lot of holes in my understanding of programming concepts and didn't know how to bring it all together. It was difficult learning on my own due to my limited knowledge and lack of mentorship.

Which prompted me to start my search for a coding boot camp where the environment would push myself past my limits and build a stronger foundation in programming.

How I found LearningFuze (LFZ):
    I inquired several coding boot camps around OC/LA through SwitchUp, CourseReport, and info sessions. LFZ stood out the moment I took up their free offer of sitting in on some of their lectures.

The staff, current students, and alumni are very transparent about their boot camp experience. It was a breath of fresh air compared to some other institutions around the area, especially for someone who was brand new to programming.

Why I chose LearningFuze:
    After a few days of sitting in on their lectures, I discovered that I loved the teaching style of Lead Instructor Dan. He breaks down problems to a human level/plain english to solidify the concept and then correlates that idea to the code.

After a few weeks of sitting in on lectures here and there, I decided to bite the bullet and enroll into their Root Level One class (1 of 2 of the pre-requisite classes before joining full immersion)

It was after taking the Root Level One class that I decided to really try and join the full immersion by moving on to their RootJS class (the second pre-requisite class before joining full immersion)

I was amazed at how well the other staff could explain concepts and really relate to the student because guess what? The majority of staff have been through the full immersion and excelled at the program. There is a student-instructor ratio of 5 to 1,
    so help is never too far away.

No need to worry about office hours because everyone at LFZ (including alumni) are reachable through the LFZ Slack channels. Whether it's fellow students, alumni, and staff; everyone is friendly and open about code that I feel it nurtures a great environment to have focused learning on programming.

What is the full immersion like?

The curriculum is INTENSE.
    A prospective student should take a Root class at LFZ and really see if programming is for them before proceeding any further.

JavaScript, JavaScript, JavaScript!!!!!
    If there is something I could have improved on before joining full immersion is more practice with JavaScript. This was the same advice I was given by alumni, current students, and instructors. They were 200% correct, but I do not regret too much about beginning the full immersion at the level of JavaScript I knew at the time.

Although the curriculum is well structured, it is fast-paced. I struggle every day, but it is all worth it because what I learn is so invaluable. Students are not only taught programming languages, but how to approach a problem and think of a solution. We are taught to break down problems down to a human level and translate our human solution to a coding solution.

Expect to spend 10-14 hours Monday-Friday to learn from lectures, practice-problems, and projects. Maybe 8 hours on Saturdays to help catch up for when you fall behind (yes almost everyone will fall behind)

The program is designed to have students fail. This is because the faster we fail, the faster we learn from our mistakes and keep moving forward. Students would rather fail during the boot camp than to fail at an actual job.

The curriculum also covers whiteboard interviews and resume / portfolio building.
    As many other reviewers have stated before. You really get everything out of this program depending on how much time/effort you put into it.

Advice:

1. Be 100% committed, you will have to make sacrifices. Especially with Netflix, friends/family/significant others. Just communicate well with who need to keep in touch with.
    2. Communication is KEY! If you have questions, don't stay quiet! Just ask if you don't understand or else you will fall behind.
    3. Attitude. We are all here to learn, don't ruin it for others by being a jerk.
    4. DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS!
      To be honest, I still struggle with this everyday. I need to constantly remind myself that there will always be those better/worse than me. What I learned is that everyone from all walks of life can bring something to the table. So don't count yourself out so early in the game
      It's a marathon, not a race.

• Howard Kim  User Photo
    Howard Kim • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze is a great bootcamp with instructors who will do their best to solidify your JavaScript skills. I was always asking Cody for practice problems in the beginning to build my foundation and he was always willing to help and come up with new problems. Dan is excellent at breaking problems down and trying to make sure everyone is on the same page and understands thorogougly before moving onto the next topic. For any future students reading this, make sure you are disciplined enough to put in 10-12 hour days and even weekends. For the most part, I was always the earliest to arrive and last to leave because I knew that I would be distracted at home. It will be tough to want to study and code on the weekends, especially Sunday but it will make a significant difference. What's great is that LFZ is open on Saturdays with instructors being present. I took a part-time Javascript course for about 3 weeks at a previous bootcamp in the Irvine area and made the switch over to LFZ and I have no regrets - at the part time program, our homework was to do codeacademy and freecodecamp... The prototypes and the curriculum at LFZ are superior and you will get what you put in.

• Kris Chanthasiriphan  User Photo
    Kris Chanthasiriphan • Student Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp iprovides everything you need to be successful. Compared to other programs, LearningFuze gives students the most bang for their buck. The instructors are extremely knowledgable and always there for you.

You truly get out what you put into this program. They do a great job of setting the playing field for you and help initiate your career in development. The most important thing you can get out of this program is the ability to learn and continue learning as you move forward.

The program structure simulates the real world work environment and encourages collaboration and communication amongst the students and instructors. Not only do you develop your technical skills, you have a change to develop soft skills.

• Gerald Blackmon  User Photo
    Gerald Blackmon • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This program is beyond exceeding my expectations. Coming into a program that is as condensed and accelerated as a boot camp, I was very concerned on the quality of education I would be receiving. I was quickly relieved as the instructors are extremely knowledgeable. Of course they teach the material, showing great knowledge of the code itself, but they teach more than just syntax and language. A main focus is the thought process behind every decision, and how to arrive at the correct solution for the problem you are currently facing.

I would suggest this program to anyone that is looking to get into software development

• Ryan Kang  User Photo
    Ryan Kang • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze is an amazing learning environment with dedicated instructors who are knowledgdable in web development and computer science. As a continuing university student, I have had my fair share of computer science professors with a lack of motivation and care for their students. It is a direct contrast here at LearningFuze. Instructors are willing to spend hours on end to help students fully understand difficult-to-learn concepts. For instance, most instructors stay 1-2 hours after class (10am-6pm) to reteach concepts learned in class. Not once have I heard any of the LearningFuze instructors complain about a student not understanding a concept, which is a contrast from what I encounter in some of my classes in university.

Along with the great instructors to help guide you through the journey of computer science and programming, there are numerous workshops and presentations (led by TJ Kinion) on how to clean up your technical resume, how to make connections with other programmers and employers and how to effectively handle hard interview situations. TJ does a great job going over these topics throughout the program and making sure we sharpen up on our communication and soft skills.

All in all, LearningFuze is an amazing learning environment that challenges you and sets you up for success. I now feel more confident to showcase both my programming and teamwork/leadership abilities to employers, and I am excited to finish up my last year of university with all of the skills I gained from LearningFuze. My biggest advice to anyone who's not sure of whether to do this program or not is to come to the info sessions and talk to the instructors and get a feel for its great learning atmosphere.

• Sam S  User Photo
    Sam S • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I enrollled at Learning Fuze after considering many other bootcamps in the LA / Orange County area and could not be more satisfied with my decision. While making a career change can be daunting, the dedicated instructors, motivated peers and thorough curriculum at LFZ give its students the confidence to tackle that challenge head-on.

I initially chose LFZ because of the passion and teaching style of its lead instructor, Dan Paschal. I attended an info session and was impressed by Dan's attention to detail, patience and ability to make abstract programming concepts accessible to non-technical laymen. Once I started the program, I appreciated Dan's thorough instruction and commitment to his students all the more.

Learning Fuze also offers introductory 'root' classes as a part of its full-immersion program. I felt the opportunity to take a month of entry-level classes to become more familiar with programming was a great asset and helped me prepare prior to the start of the full-time class.

The full-immersion curriculum is incredibly well thought-out. The instructors and program directors at LFZ tailor their instruction to cover relevant technologies. Students cement their knowledge from lectures by creating many applications over the 12-week program period. Team projects allow students to gain experience with important tools and methodologies like Agile scrum, GitHub and Issue and Project Tracking.

Learning Fuze fosters an environment for life-long learning and collaboration. The facility hosts meetups and alumni speaking events on a variety of topics. Peers motivate each other to push themselves and achieve goals. Intellectualy curiosity is encouraged; no question will go unanswered and instructors are available to assist students on a one-on-one basis. Alumni are also welcome to return any time after graduation, whether for instruction, a quiet work environment or just to hang out with their peers.

I would highly reccomend Learning Fuze to anyone looking for a program that will prepare them to pursue a career in programming. Participating in their full-immersion program provided me with a solid fullstack JS, HTML and CSS foundation, the tools essential to succeeding in the field and and a number of strong friendships.

• Li Zhang  User Photo
    Li Zhang • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Deciding on making a major career switch wasn't something easy.  Deciding on enrolling into LearningFuse was.

When I first interviewed with Bill, the Director of Operations at LearningFuze, I expressed my eager to experience how to team up with other brilliant developers for group projects, and hoped to gain valuable insight into how the Web development industry operates. Looking back, I can say without reservation that I got all that I've initially desired, and much more.

As was already mentioned in many other reviews, LFZ has a team of excellent, excellent instructors to help students succeed, and they are always there for us. Once I learned how to ask the right questions, I found myself moving forward with an amazing pace. I cannot count how many times a quick chat with an instructor helped me turn the corner -- Andy, Cody, Collette, you are all amazing!  Thank you so much for always showing me the light!  Then once a solid foundation was built, I was welcomed into the well-structured lectures by Scott on advanced topics, and honestly, words cannot describe how much joy I have felt while learning something new every day in his classroom.  Much respect.

One important aspect that sets LearningFuze apart is the support system they provide post-graduation. After finishing the 12-week full immersion program, I continued to go to the Alumni room to improve my skills and working on projects.  It is invaluable to have a knowledgeable, patient, and highly detail-oriented instructor like Tim, who dives deeply into my projects and always finds something "could be better" in my code, so that I will re-think and then improve. It was actually on the 39th day post-graduation that I finally received Tim's stamp of approval on all my projects and portfolio.  It may seem like a long period of time, but I have to say that it was a very enjoyable journey and well worth it.  Doing all the hard work to improve the projects allowed all the previously learned knowledge to precipitate and solidify as my *own* skill set, and in the end made me a better developer.

Coding aside, LearningFuze provides amazing networking opportunities and job support. Bill and TJ Kinion not only organize various networking events for us to meet potential employers, learn from alumni’s success, and catch up with current tech advancements, they also make time for individual students to help their job hunt.  I want to give a special shout out to TJ. I asked TJ for advice often (even when he was on his vacation in Greece) and had multiple mini-meetings with him to talk about various aspects of my job search.  He not only provided me with valuable resume building suggestions and interview guidance, but also in a broader sense influenced me with his always-so-positive attitude.  His positive spirit was a tremendous boost of energy that helped me through many things.  I will always be grateful for his assistance and support along the way.

Last but not least, I truly cherish the friendship I have harvested from this program. When you are in the trench with someone 60+ hours per week, you bond with them.  I was fortunate to work alongside some brilliant and passionate cohort mates.  Going into class with them motivated me to be better every day.  All those special memories I share with my cohort mates, the LearningFuze staff and many of the students make me smile from time to time.

A life-changing experience it was.

• Excellent program
    - 6/25/2018
    Brian  User Photo
    Brian • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

LearningFuze provides a well structured and detailed program taught by dedicated instructors. You will find that the instructors care about what they teach and will make sure that the students learn more than what is necessary to earn their role as a developer.

The front and backend stack change depending on the market demand which helps the job applications be more competitive. The job assistance program provided at the end of the program also provide help that is well worth what you pay for.

Just like being in school, the most important thing will be how much time and effort you put in to everything given to you, but if you put in the necessary time and work, it's all worth the effort.

• Jeff L  User Photo
    Jeff L • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze is an amazing place to learn about coding, and it is definitely a school that TEACHES coding. The teachers here are amazing also. They help you anyway they can and explain in a way that you will understand. I came in not knowing more than how to check my email and facebook to being able to make games and I am currently designing an app as my final project. The wealth of knowledge the teachers have here is amazing, especially the head instructor Dan Paschal. There is ALWAYS someone able to help you and if you need extra help they make the time and effort for you. There is a deep amount of dedication needed to finish the program, but as long as you stick with it, and ask questions you will get alot out of the program. I highly recommend this place to start your career in software development here.

Their curriculum is extensive ranging from HTML5, CSS, Javascript, JSX, REACT, PHP, Node.js, MySQL and others

• Josh C.  User Photo
    Josh C. • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I've researched bootcamps for about three to four years, seen "high-salary guaruntee" bootcamps go under, and other well knowns be reputably sucessfull! In the end, I realized, I just needed to choose one place where I can learn practical hands-on code in "classroom" setting (bc that's how I learn best!). Finally, after a friend refered me to LearningFuze, I decided to end my search, choose this bootcamp, and run with it. To do this day, I believe I have made one of the best decisions of my life! I literally went from being confused with Javascript to building extensive web apps in React.JS! Something I only dreamed of doing! LearningFuze's full immersive environment and cirricucullum was really well structured that it enabled me to absord the hard skill of a developer! All of the instructors built up my hard skill of coding, which then coupling with my soft skills and previous work experience, was able to get me a job at an awesome tech company of dreams! Thank you, LFZ!

• Jeffrei Cher  User Photo
    Jeffrei Cher • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The learning environment at LearningFuze was what I enjoyed most at this program. I was surrounded by passionate classmates that shared the same focus as me and that was a huge factor for my success. The instructors here are always willing to help if you ask and the job preperation that they provide you with is more than enough to get you a job as long as you work hard at it. Overall, i've learned more than I even imagined in the 12 weeks that I was here. Thanks LearningFuze!

- 4/11/2018
    Collin Wong  User Photo
    Collin Wong • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

LeaningFuze helped me change my life and get my start as a Web Developer.

If you are willing to put in the time and effort, you can go from a person with zero or little experience to someone who can build applications from scratch. This program not only teaches you how to be code well by yourself but how to work as a team.

I highly recommend the program!

• Sangwoo Kim  User Photo
    Sangwoo Kim • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from Learning Fuze. I came from nothing. I had no programming experience at all before I came to Learning Fuze. But I just wanted to say that everyone can do it with Learning Fuze. Although this course is extremely comprehensive and intense, it is worth it.

You don't need any prior experience or any related education in order to success. However, you only need one thing. That is commitment. The hours of this program is 10am to 6pm. But I usually was at Learning Fuze 9am to 9pm everyday which is 12 hours a day. I even study when I get home. Friendly instrutors are always there to help you. Whenever you need help, all you need to do is ask questions. They will always be there to help you and will teach you until you understand.

You don't just learn how to code better from Learning Fuze. You will learn the culture of this industry. You will learn how to ask better questions and get right answers when you don't know. You will learn how to handle issues quickly. You will learn latest technologies.

It was really great experience.

• Jonathan  User Photo
    Jonathan • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I've been a student at LearningFuze for 2.5 months. I've nearly finished the program, and I have had an excellent experience thus far. The instructors provide a significant amount of lecture time, as well as projects that utilize the methods learned. In combination with my personal studies has provided an extremely solid base of CS knowledge and practice. In the past 3 months I have had nearly 800 hours of hands on coding time. The program requires a substantial time investment, and I've committed approximately 12-14 hours per day, five days per week, with about 6 hours or more on the weekends. This is an INTENSIVE and IMMERSIVE program, that is intended to take you from knowing nothing, to knowing enough to work in the development field. We train extensively on JavaScript, jQuery, MYSQL, ReactJS, NodeJS, PHP, as well as other frameworks. It is a lot of information. Be prepared to commit your life to it for 3 months. I've had a wonderful experience with Dan, Scott, Andy, Cody, Collette, and all the other staff/instructors. They are all very knowledgeable, and I feel prepared to go step onto a job after this. In addition to that, they provide a significant amount of help building and filling out a portfolio to demonstrate the coding capability that we developed in the program, and to build a resume that expresses our knowledge to potential employers. Overall, I would say that I had a positive experience and would recommend the program to anyone who can be committed to it.

• Chris  User Photo
    Chris • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Like most people I was in a job I didn't really care to much about, luckily I stumbled into programming and started self-teaching in preparation for attending a bootcamp. I wasn't sure which one I should attend though, some bootcamps have a stack that's all over the place or are brand new, I even saw a bootcamp for part-time, which after attending a full-immersion program I think it's impossible to do part time.

After doing my research, attending an info session, and meeting the lead instructor I decided on LearningFuze. This was easily the greatest learning experience I've had. The environment and curriculum really help with getting the basics down and then building on top of that so you'll never feel lost or behind. There are plenty of opportunities to practice what you've learned each day and then build on it. But like anything in life you get out of it what you put into it and this is work that requires you to put in a lot of effort. There were plenty of students in my cohort who regularly stayed till 8pm 9pm and even 10pm, but then again my cohort was Dope AF so there's that.  This requires your whole attention and dedication, the great part is there are plenty of instructors there to make sure they can answer any question you have and guide you in the right direction. Andy personally helped me on more occasions than I can count and quickly became one of my go to guys. I advise anyone who attends to ask as many questions as it takes to get the answer or until you understand, Dan the lead instructor and any of the other instructors are is ecstatic to answer any question you have to help you understand and make sure you get it. LearningFuze has a great track for after you graduate when you're out on the job hunt. Unlike most bootcamps LearningFuze will be there every step of the way to help you land a job from Application and Portfolio review, mock interviews, resume review, and job search tips. They even have employers they work, and they're actively looking for jobs they can setup you with too. If you follow the program, make sure you have a firm understanding, put in the work, and follow the career guidance there is no reason you should not land a job and start you career in programming.

• Chris Kim  User Photo
    Chris Kim • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I completed the 12 week course in December 2017 and what an intense exhilarating journey it was.  I wanted a career change from working in retail and I always had a knack for technology.  Coming in with no prior experience, I had a hard time trying to learning so many things so fast, but coming in everyday learning the material and practicing, practicing, and more practicing I never would have thought I could be where I am at today in my web developement process!  The staff is amazingly dedicated and so helpful! Dan, the lead teacher is literally there for 10-12 hours a day willing to help and Andy and Tim are really knowledgeable and are always happy to help you with any issues.  Since I have graduated Learning Fuze, TJ the program manager has helped be prepare my portfolio and go over my resume and I know I will be well prepared as I start looking for jobs in the real world later this month!

• Soren Baird  User Photo
    Soren Baird • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am very thankful that I chose to come to LearningFuze. Five months ago, I left a job in HR, with hardly any technical background. And now, I just started my first job as a web developer. LearningFuze accelerated my ability to successfully transition to a new career. Though there is still a ton that I don't know, I am surprised and how much I was able to learn in 3-months. More than anything else, LearningFuze laid the foundation to continue learning and have categories to place that new information.

There are a lot of things I could say, but I'll focus on two major strengths that stand out to me about LearningFuze:
    1. Post-Graduation Support
    2. Job Support

Post-Graduation Support: I've had the experience at other schools of being cut-off from the community as soon as you graduate. This was not at all the case with LearningFuze. They have a dedicated room for Alumni and I always felt welcomed. After graduation, the staff continued to invest time and energy into me, my portfolio, and my job search. If you continue to invest the time and effort, LearningFuze will continue to invest the time and effort until you find your first web developer job.

Job Support: LearningFuze provides amazing networking opportunities and job support. Because they have been around for multiple years and have an established staff, they have strong connections with companies in the greater Orange County area. These connections will often be the foot in the door for a new developer. I want to give a specific shout out to TJ Kinion. TJ does an amazing job of getting to know students, informing students about job opportunities, connecting students to networking events, and providing resume and interview guidance. I owe much of my current opportunity to his work and support.

If you are looking to restart your career, and you want to pursue Web Development in Orange County, I highly recommend this program.

Feel free to check out my LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/in/soren-baird