learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion, 12-week web development bootcamp through live, virtual classrooms and in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Students are taught by live instructors and get support throughout the course, including problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged into LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (174) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (37) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date July 13, 2020
    LocationOnline, Orange County
    The 12 week full immersion program is currently being offered in our live virtual classroom and teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. Our full immersion program is taught in a live classroom format by an experienced team of full-time instructors, staff & career services department. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    Deposit$250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: SkillsFund and
    ISA (Income Share Agreement).
    Contact us for more information
    Tuition PlansPlease check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / GuaranteeProrated within the first week of the program
    Scholarship$12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
    July 13, 2020 - Orange County
  • Part Time Web Development Program

LocationOrange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    DepositNone
    We offer financing through our lending partners SkillsFund
    Refund / Guarantee$500 discount for Module 1
    ScholarshipPlease check our website for scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience necessary
    Prep WorkRecommendations on each module
  • Prep Course

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Front End
    Start Date June 13, 2020
    LocationOrange County
    The Prep Course is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers. The course is designed to prepare students for the full immersion or part time programs.
    DepositNone required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelSome understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer
    June 13, 2020 - Orange County
  • Remote Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date June 29, 2020
    Live, Remote Instruction led by Professional Engineers Engaging Virtual Community with Speakers, Job Fair, and Student Events Same Full-Immersion Curriculum for those that want to Learn Remotely Seasoned Senior Instructors Largest Employer Network Comprehensive Career Services Extensive Instructional Team Low Student-to-Teacher Ratio Curriculum Focused on most In-Demand Technologies Curriculum Developed in Collaboration with Employers
    Tuition Planshttps://learningfuze.com/faq#/financial-options
    Refund / GuaranteeRefund for 60% or less of course complete
    Scholarshiphttps://learningfuze.com/faq#/financial-options
    Prep WorkRemote Prep Course
    June 29, 2020 - Online
  • Root JS Prep Class

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationOrange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    Tuition PlansSkills Fund, ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML and CSS
    Prep WorkSee LearningFuze part time courses
  • UI/UX Design Course

HTML, Digital Marketing, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    Start Date June 8, 2020
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Flexible, Modular Approach - This modular or part time program is tailored for students looking for professional skills in design. It is constructed for those that are currently working or have personal obligations that a part time program accommodates. Class Structure and Learning - Each module is comprised of an in-depth 12 week curriculum built by industry professionals that allows students to gain the skills in both User Experience and User Interface to enter the industry professionally. Class sessions take place 3 days a week where students will gain a strong, practical understanding of how to create intuitive designs based on user wants utilizing powerful designs tools such as Adobe XD, Figma and Invision. Projects and Portfolio - Students will learn through a deliberate, practiced approach by working through relevant exercises and creating real world projects led by seasoned industry professionals. Students will learn what it takes to design professionally whether pursuing a career in design or adding serious value to current skills.
    DepositNone
    Prep WorkProvided upon registratrion
    June 8, 2020 - Orange County

• Stephanie Burcombe  User Photo
    Stephanie Burcombe • Student Verified via GitHub

Coming from a background as an elementary school teacher and no formal coding exposure or experience, I had plenty of apprehensions about learning any kind of web development in such a short period of time.  I am in now in week 9 of the 12 week full immersion program. Looking back at the last 8 weeks of the program, I am in awe of what I have been able to learn and create. It has been quite a unique learning experience.

Some of the exceptional aspects:

1)Instructors

The instructors are what make Learning Fuze so exceptional.  As a student who was struggling to understand some of the most foundational concepts in the beginning, I found immense support during class time, on the weekend (whether it be through a Google Hangout or during the open hours on Saturday), and after class time during the week.  They are extremely knowledgeable and supportive and have been a vital resource in navigating my way into becoming a web developer.

2)Materials/Information/Access

Prior to the program, Learning Fuze provides a comprehensive guide to materials you should reference, read, and/or utilize before beginning the program. Their prep courses are a great introduction to the foundational concepts needed for web development and also give a small glimpse into what the full time program will be like, as well. In retrospect, it is easy for me to see that they have thoughtfully designed this to help students prepare for the full immersion program (particularly those of us who have no previous coding background). Additionally, the curriculum during the program is extremely comprehensive considering the short timeline.

Another great resource provided is job search support.  Starting from the first week, we have been provided with tips on creating our resume, LinkedIn profiles, interviewing practice, and hearing guest speakers from the industry. This aspect has been extremely beneficial and educational as I pursue this career change.

Some of the challenges:

1)Pace

When I first began researching bootcamps, I kept reading about the fast pace associated with an accelerated web development program but didn’t fully comprehend what that meant until I was a part of it.  The pace of the Learning Fuze bootcamp is faster than any educational environment I have experienced. The same day that you learn about a topic (or multiple topics), you are also coding a project to apply those skills.  This definitely could feel daunting and overwhelming at times but with the support of the instructors, it was manageable...still challenging, but manageable.

2)Workload/Time

While the technical class hours are Monday -Friday from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., the studying time, practice exercises, and projects that need to be completed will easily require your focus and a time commitment of  7 days a week and about 12-14 hours a day (including the 10-6 time on Monday-Friday).

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my decision to choose Learning Fuze bootcamp as my school of choice to pursue a career in web development. As challenging as it has been, I have seen my abilities improve more than I could’ve imagined and I have grown even more passionate about building my coding abilities than before starting the program. Learning Fuze has been a great place to learn.

• John Choi  User Photo
    John Choi • Student Verified via GitHub
    By best learning experience of my life, I truly mean it. I am highly satisfied with my learning experience at LearningFuze and cannot wait to go through the rest of the program. From its atmosphere to environment, and most importantly the instructors and peers at LearningFuze are amazing. They've got all the resources and helps students need.

LearningFuze provides friendly and supportive environment for all students so that the students are able to focus on their curriculum. We can really feel that the instructors cares about each and every student, and the instructors will make sure that  no students are left behind. Coding is extremely difficult for beginners and the struggle is real, but with LearningFuze team on your back, anyone will be able to overcome these challenges and hardships.
  • Lawrence Kim  User Photo
    Lawrence Kim • Student Verified via GitHub
    Coding is incredibly difficult. Trying to learn new material, apply it, and make it last... Well, that's even more difficult. However, at LearningFuze, the instructors, fellow cohort students, and other driven developers all play a part in creating an environment where you really want to learn. Every single student is set up to succeed, but every student is also appropriately challenged throughout the program. The program is not only about setting you up and helping you find a job, though that is definitely important, but also about encouraging your drive for knowledge and experience. Your experience will be dictated by the effort you apply each day in the program, and will definitely last after your time here.
  • Keith Tachibana  User Photo
    Keith Tachibana • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    "No man left behind." If you are new to programming, they won't leave you in the dust and blow through all the subject matter. They really make sure EVERYONE understands what is being taught. Their instructors are extremely knowledgeable, their curriculum is well structured, and they offer great job assistance support (i.e. resume building, mock interviews, and portfolio website assistance). Doing this program will GREATLY increase your chance of landing a job, without question.
  • James Cho  User Photo
    James Cho • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I first decided to go to a bootcamp I was very very skeptical of how anyone would be able to find a developer job after such a short period of time. I was about to spend a lot of money on something that might be hit or miss which was a big risk for me especially because I have a family with 2 young kids. After reading tons of reviews and visiting a few campuses, I decided to enroll at LearningFuze.

The main reason I chose LearningFuze was because I didn't feel like they were trying to sell me something. They didn't have the flashiest campus or as many cool amenities as some other bootcamps but they were honest and real with me. They didn't try to wow me on how I'm going to make so much money after finishing. They showed me real stats (about the job market and their alumni) and were honest about starting salaries for developers in OC and what it was really like trying to find a job after graduating. Another reason I chose LearningFuze was that they have one campus in Irvine and they have many connections and alumni in that area. I wanted to work in OC and I wanted to go to a bootcamp that gave me the best chances of staying there.

The instructors and staff at LearningFuze are great and really try to be there for you. Not only did I learn a lot during the program but after I graduated they were always just a quick slack message away while I was building my portfolio and looking for a job. They have a great culture at LearningFuze and they do a good job of finding other students who are motivated and want to learn so that we can elevate each other.

So for anyone who wants to go to LearningFuze, you'll be making a great investment but be prepared to put in the work. For me, doing EVERYTHING the instructors wanted me to do was a MINIMUM. I would come to class early, code all day, make time to eat dinner with my family, say goodnight to my kids and code until at least midnight EVERY SINGLE DAY. Now I am working as a software engineer at a company in Irvine and loving my new job. So if you (and your family) are prepared to make this kind of commitment, go for it! You won't regret it!
  • James Dinh  User Photo
    James Dinh • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Five months ago I was teaching history to middle school students with little knowledge of coding. Even though my career as a teacher was fulfilling, I discovered a passion from programming that fueled me to want to grow every single day. This passion prompted me to drop my career as an educator and led me to LearningFuze where I attended the 12 week full immersion program and have not regretted my decision one bit. I have learned more in three months than I have throughout my academic life. The instructors are great individuals and place us in a simulated working environment where we can grow and improve everyday. The best part of the entire program is the relationships you build with one another. You build a sense of comradery being in the trenches together. Not only can I call my all my classmates my friends, but I see many of them as life-long friends. Everyone comes from such different backgrounds, it is really amazing to see everyone grow and thrive here at LFZ. I would highly recommend checking out the root classes and going to an info session as those helped me make my decision to attend.
  • Andie Swift  User Photo
    Andie Swift • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I would strongly recommend LearningFuze to anyone who is interested in attending a coding bootcamp. I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science so I will be speaking to my experience, but I want to preface by saying you do not need a CS degree to attend learningfuze. In fact most of the best coders in my cohort did not have a CS degree.

As a recent college graduate with a CS degree, I was feeling a little lost. Sure I had the theoretical knowledge, but I was lacking the experience needed to be a software engineer. I had no idea how to approach the job search, and I did not know what interviewing would entail.

So I decided a coding bootcamp would be a good choice for me to get the experience I needed and help job searching. The reason I picked LearningFuze, was not only did they have the best reviews online, but they have a solid plan in helping you get a job after you graduate. I am so glad I made the choice that I did. The instructors really care about their students and are clearly passionate about what they are teaching. I learned so much more than I could have imagined. Not only did I learn a lot about coding, I learned a lot about the interviewing process and got lots of help on my resume.

Having a CS degree coming into the program did help, but this program is a lot of work. You have to be dedicated to put the time in during the 3 months and after you graduate until you find a job. If you have a CS degree and feel like you need a bit more guidance until you can be a software engineer, I highly recommend this program.
  • Sebastian T.  User Photo
    Sebastian T. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience at LFZ has been outstanding. The prep courses ensure that you're well prepared for the full emersion and set the proper expectations for it. Great full-immersion curriculum and fantastic instructors. They  care about students and their future success as professional developers. What stands out to me the most is the way LFZ continues to treat us like students until we find that dev job. They have a step by step guide on what we need to do to be job search and help us throughout the process until we land that job. Not only that, but they have designated instructors for alumni who review our work, check in on us regularly, and make sure we stay on track.
  • No Regrets
    - 1/21/2020
    Kamryn Min  User Photo
    Kamryn Min • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I was originally referred to LearningFuze by someone in my community and I haven't regretted the choice to join ever since. Honestly, it is such a hard decision to drop everything and join a full time 12 week program, but I do believe it is one of the best decisions I've made. All the instructors are really helpful and they do their best to accomodate to every single person's pace.

I'm nearing the end of my program and so far I've received so much assistance in my resume, portfolio, and interview skills. LearningFuze does their best to create an environment that is safe and very accomodating to every one's schedule. I do appreciate and love everyone whom I've been in contact with at LearningFuze and would highly recommend this program to anyone who may be interested in pursuing a career in software development.

• Aaron Domingo  User Photo
    Aaron Domingo • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Out of all the info sessions that I went to, LearningFuze was the one that stood out to me. It was the one that seemed most natural. Rather than hearing a sales pitch about how easy it is to get a job after graduating, they talked about the reality of how one can get their foot in the industry. Because of this and the specific technologies they focus on, I decided to enroll in their full immersion web development program.

Overall, I had an amazing experience at LearningFuze. My fellow students, instructors, and the class structure helped me solidify both the fundmentals of programming as well as new concepts that I was not familiar with before. The instructors are always available if you have any questions and the lectures are very engaging to allow for easier retention of the material being taught. Most, if not all, of what you learn are also put into practice consistently which I really liked. There are a good mix of both solo and group projects as well to give you an experience of working with both.

It has been said quite a few times in the previous reviews, but I cannot stress this enough. You get out what you put in. I highly suggest someone considering enrolling in any coding bootcamp to really ask themselves the question of how much they want to become a programmer, because that ultimately dictates how much effort that person is going to be putting in. You will have everything you would need to be job-ready by the end of the full-immersion program, but it is still going to be up to you to retain all the information you have learned and to never stop coding.

From my personal experience with LearningFuze, I would highly recommend them to anyone I know who is passionate at beginning their careers as a developer.

• Alex Heo  User Photo
    Alex Heo • Web Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I do not have any experience in tech or programming, though I've always dabbled in computers (building computers, Raspberry Pi, very basic HTML and CSS websites), and I decided to apply to LearningFuze as my first step into changing careers. I can honestly say that I am very pleased with the decision that I made. The instructors here are great, very knowledgeable and patient. They can explain difficult concepts in easy to understand ways, and will always make the time to answer any and all questions to make sure you understand what you need to know. They are also great with modifying the curriculum from cohort to cohort, keeping it up to date with techs that are in demand and taking suggestions from previous cohorts to improve the lessons. One of the best parts about LearningFuze is the support and the endless networking they do for alumni. They have guest speakers come in to offer insight into careers in tech and advise for first time junior developers. They schedule regular meetups for networking opportunities as well.
    For someone with no experience, I really feel the curriculum has prepared me well for my first job in tech. I often see posts in various forums by people learning on their own, and the same question always pops up: What do I do next? What type of projects should I focus on? At LearningFuze the lessons are planned to build on top of each other, and the projects are designed to reinforce all the things that you learned. They really focus on the fundamentals of web development technologies, and the best thing about their curriculum is how they teach you how to learn. I feel confident that I can teach myself new languages or frameworks using the methods I was taught.
    For anyone reading this that is hesitant in their decision to change careers, I can confidently say that coming to LearningFuze was the best decision I made. As the old saying goes, if I can do it I know you can do it, too, and LearningFuze is a very solid first step into a new career in tech.

• Great Program
    - 1/8/2020
    Jake Hassler  User Photo
    Jake Hassler • Graduate Verified via GitHub

LearningFuze is a great place to learn and thier team will do anything to make sure you will succeed. It is more than your typical school. It is a community as well as a place for great support. Any single person here is willing to help you and makes sure every newcomer feels welcomed. If you have any doubts about this place, please don't. The things you learn and the people you meet here will extend far beyond the program.

• Ethan C  User Photo
    Ethan C • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I interviewed with several different schools before deciding on LearningFuze.  The staff and instructors of LearningFuze is what lead me to choose this program.  The instructors have extensive senior development experience and teach in a style that is intuitive and fun.

The staff and career services department are extremely helpful in building a resume for your new career, and giving you the knowledge and tools to successfully find a job after graduation!

If you are excited to learn and dedicate yourself, this is the program for you.