learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion 12-week web development bootcamp and part-time hybrid online course in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Teaching includes problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged in to LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (141) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (32) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date January 6, 2020
    LocationOrange County
    The 12 week full immersion program teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    Deposit$250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: SkillsFund and
    ISA (Income Share Agreement).
    Contact us for more information
    Tuition PlansPlease check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / GuaranteeProrated within the first week of the program
    Scholarship$12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
    January 6, 2020 - Orange County Apply by March 27, 2020
  • Part Time Comprehensive Program

Start Date January 11, 2020
    LocationOrange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    DepositNone
    We offer financing through our lending partners SkillsFund
    Refund / Guarantee$500 discount for Module 1
    ScholarshipPlease check our website for scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience necessary
    Prep WorkRecommendations on each module
    January 11, 2020 - Orange County Apply by March 7, 2020
  • Root JS Prep Class

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    Start Date February 1, 2020
    LocationOrange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    Tuition PlansSkills Fund, ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML and CSS
    Prep WorkSee LearningFuze part time courses
    February 1, 2020 - Orange County Apply by January 31, 2020
  • Root Level I Prep Class

HTML, Git, CSS, Front End
    Start Date January 11, 2020
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Root Level 1 is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers
    DepositNone required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelSome understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer
    January 11, 2020 - Orange County Apply by January 10, 2020

• Stella H.  User Photo
    Stella H. • Student Verified via GitHub

This has been one of the best decisions I have made. After decided that I want to get into programming field, I had look up so many different bootcamps and finally decided to come here because of the amazing reviews and ratings they got. I am glad that I made this decision and now understand why they have got such high ratings. They definitely deserve it! It has been less than 3 months since I started this course, but I can now code programs that I can never have imagined before by using JavaScript, HTML, CSS, React, Redux, php, Node.js and MySQL. The curriculum is well put together, and we got many chances to practice our skills by doing solo and group projects.

The most amazing thing to me is all the instructors here are very knowledgeable and are always there to help. Everyone tries to create a friendly and fun learning environment. LFZ staff not only help us to learn and grow, they also help us to prepare for the job hunting process which is crucial to me because I don't have much prior working experience.  We were taught about resume building, interview skills, whiteboard and portfolio building. This class really worth every penny I spent. I will recommend it to anyone who is interested in getting into programming.

• Sasha Dykun  User Photo
    Sasha Dykun • Graduate Verified via GitHub

If someone told me 1 year ago that I would be a Web Developer I would laugh very loudly.

But the life turned that way that I stepped my foot at the door of LearningFuze.

It was one of the best choices in my life done so far.

I have literally dived into learning and exploring the new world for me. And I had great people around me - my classmates and my teachers.

Dan, our principal teacher, seemed very strict and demanding, but then I understood that if you want to reach some goal you need somebody who can push you in the right direction.

I am grateful that I could get advise, recommendation and as well criticism to continue my work and become better and broaden my knowledge.

Dan, Cody, Tim, Scott, Andy and Brett were the guys who showed me with their example that I can reach my goal and become a Web Developer. Yes, it was hard, sometimes it seemed impossible , sometimes it was scary but it ALWAYS was interesting and inspiring.

They always were there for us, they were a team and at the same time each of them stood out with individual scope of distinctive characteristics. If you got stuck, just ask them - answer or the way to answer will be right there coming from those guys. I believe it's one more thing that makes this school great - diversity of characters and minds that complement one another and people who really help you on your journey.

I'm grateful to Bill, who helped me to get great first impression about the school and to TJ who is LearningFuze Career Department adviser, for his honest desire to help alumni to get their dream job and to give a tip on how to do it in the best manner.

When you get more knowledge and power to create code and then make your thoughts live on the screen you understand it's magic and you can do it.

Thank you LearningFuze for this time I've spent with you!

I would recommend this school to everyone who wants to reach their goal and become Web Developer and everyone who is not afraid of getting a lot of great pieces of knowledge in such a short period of time but with a high efficiency and good people around.

• Jacob Taylor  User Photo
    Jacob Taylor • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After moving to California I started researching various bootcamps in the area and stumbled upon LearningFuze. I reached out to them and I was impressed with how straight forward and transparent they were. They invited me to come view the facility and attend an info session on a wednesday night to get more information regarding the program. I found this refreshing compared to the other schools I called where I felt like I was caught up in some kind of sales strategy/script. After attending the info session I could tell this place was a perfect fit for me, and as the next few months went by LearningFuze become my 2nd home. If you are thinking about attending a bootcamp give LFZ a call or check out the free info session and they will answer any questions you have. Making the decision to attend the full time program was truly life changing and I love the direction I am going in life now thanks to LearningFuze and the amazing staff. A few months after the program, with continued guidance from LFZ, I landed my dream job. The journey wasn't easy, but anything worth acheiving only comes from hard work and dedication, and I am excited to see what the future brings.

• George Trendafilov  User Photo
    George Trendafilov • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had an amazing experience at LearningFuze! Teachers are wonderful, knowledgeable and always ready to help. After hours or on the weekend, if you are ready to do some coding the instructions are there for you. The lead instructor Dan is one of the most passionate teachers I have ever met.

The program is really intense and fast paced. It seemed overwhelming at first but then I realized that this is the best way to learn. The course it called full immersion for a reason.

Coming from a marketing background I had just a little exposure to HTML and that was it. The beginning of the course was quite challenging for me and I was a bit doubtful that I will ever learn to code. What got me through the tough days was the fantastic support from all instructors and my fellow students. As the weeks went on things started to “click”. I realized one thing – there are no secrets when it comes to learning to code. Work hard, do not give up and you will succeed – it is that simple!

One of my favorite things about LearningFuze is that once you graduate you become part of a fantastic tight-knit community. Alumni are always welcome and many of them keep coming back to help new students with their projects. If you have a question just post it and someone will jump in with advice. To me, being able to communicate with so many people passionate about coding is invaluable.

Going to LearningFuze was one of the best decisions I have ever made and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about entering the exciting world of web development.

• Kuroash Esmaiil  User Photo
    Kuroash Esmaiil • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I've learned a lot in such a short time. Without any prior background in coding I started with the root classes which prepare you to hit the ground running when you start the actual cohort. Things are explained well, but the course moves very quickly. Its easy to let the topics fly past you. Instructors are always available to answer questions when you get stuck or need clarification. And many would say that being able to ask for help is critical for success. We started out with a foundation in html, css, and basic javascript. Then we got into OOP practice to prepare us for coding in React. The course is constantly adapting to changes in the industry. You get a lot of hands on experience with projects and hackathons. Faculty help you practice for interviews and whiteboards. They help you create a thorough porfolio and resume, and they bring in speakers from companies with advice on the hiring process. You are given tips on networking. Past students come back and explain to you their experiences getting hired and working in the industry. If you take this course and take it seriously they will get you started on a career path in coding/we development.

• Brandon  User Photo
    Brandon • Student Verified via LinkedIn

After much review of other bootcamps, I decided to choose LearningFuze because of the info session I attended. I loved the atmosphere of the students and the lead instructor, Dan. I go in everyday to school 10+hrs a day, ecstatic to learn. They really mold the lectures to what suits you best and the instructors are great. You can see that they really want the best for you.

If payment is an issue, they have an awesome loan program that has a low interest payment percentage. I would talk to Bill, the school's manager. He can help you find the best way to get your coding adventure started.

I'm currently in my last few weeks of lecture and I can safely say that I have learned so much. I wouldn't know what I know without the guidance of the instructors. I tried learning code through udemy or online classes, but the atmosphere and environment isn't the same. If you're wondering, is this going to land me a job, you're in the wrong mindset. Instead, ask yourself, do you enjoy coding this means making mistakes, learning from those mistakes and really understanding the logic behind the programming.

If you're wondering what we cover, I learned ReactJS, NodeJS, PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, Redux, mySQL, Firebase, Github, Git, and much more. But, once again, I want to reiterate, this is not an easy thing to do. However, if you are really passionate about changing careers into programming, then this is the place to go.

• Peter Nguyen  User Photo
    Peter Nguyen • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Learningfuze is a great place to learn, develop, and gain confidence. the Learningfuze staff not only made sure you understood the material that would make you competitive in the job field but also made sure you understood how to showcase and talk about your self and work. This is a full package program in every sense and I would gladly recommend Learningfuze to anyone interested.

The staff here are truly dedicated to helping you learn and grow. No one here gets left behind, the staff really makes sure to keep you engaged and constantly learning. They have been more then helpful to me and even spend time outside of their work schedule when available to answer questions and give insight to students to reach out.

• EDMUND J PARK  User Photo
    EDMUND J PARK • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I chose to enroll at LearningFuze was because it was an establish bootcamp and I had heard good things about it.  After completing their introductory courses it confirmed my decision to continue in to their full-immersion program.

The emphasis on establishing the basics and making sure you started with a solid foundation was what I needed.  Coming from zero programming knowledge, I was unsure I would be able to keep up. The staff is extremely dedicated and helpful in making sure you learn at a steady pace and don't get left behind.

One of the biggest things I appreciate about the program is getting the full picture of what it takes to start a career as a web developer.   The curriculum is about giving a realistic view of what is needed to succeed. It's not just about learning the right stack or the lectures/projects.  Those are great, but it also includes getting you ready for the job search, how to network, opportunities for meetups and listening to speakers from the industry.  You not only are taught technical knowledge but soft-skills that will help you come out of the program prepared  to join the workforce.

• A great experience
    - 11/9/2018
    Mia Tran  User Photo
    Mia Tran Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze was a good investment for my future career. I went to LearningFuze having little knowledge about web development and coming out with the ability to buil apps and learn and adapt to other programming languages quickly. I also get to meet people with similar mindsets and get to work in team setting that will prepare me for future work environment. In addition, the instructors are very helpful. I am so grateful to have learnt from them. I enjoyed my experience a lots, and highly reccomend LearningFuze.

• Michael Salvati  User Photo
    Michael Salvati • Web Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze was a great experience. I had always wanted to learn how to code but just didn’t know where to start. Attending the Root classes at LearningFuze was a great intro and peaked my interest of code even further. The instructors do a great job of explaining each fundamental concept and are always available for individual help, which was awesome!

Just like any bootcamp the pace is fast! Which is great and the best way to learn if you are serious about learning how to code. Daniel a senior Instructor at LearningFuze is one of the most passionate, dedicated and caring teachers I have ever had. He is one of the many things that make it such a great learning environment.

The course is structured in a great way that not only builds your skills/portfolio but also teaches you how to prepare for interviews and job search the right way. I feel very prepared coming out of the class I highly recommend LearningFuze to those who want to learn web development.

• Rachel Pan  User Photo
    Rachel Pan Verified via LinkedIn

I can say without a doubt that this program is worth the money. I went through UCI with a double major in both humanities and science, so I've had my fair share of instructors and classes. I don't think I've ever been through a program where the teachers try so hard for you to suceed. The instructors are willing to set up extra classes for struggling students or even stay late to help students with their projects. Unlike a lot of university courses, this program endeavors to be current with the job market and teaches accordingly. It's a tough program and really pushes you to your limit, but with such a supportive staff, it's hard to fail.

• Tien Pham  User Photo
    Tien Pham • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I learned more than I ever thought I could in the past 4 months. The program was really intensive and it was great working with other driven people. The instructors were really dedicated and were willing to help with most questions I had. I gained good experince from LearningFuze, both in coding and working in a team environment. I also like that they give you tons of opportunties on doing mock interview. Overall, great structure and well planned-out.

• Jaytrin A.  User Photo
    Jaytrin A. • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently completing my last week of the 12 week program. I did plenty of research on coding programs and attended various information sessions within the OC area before deciding to join LearningFuze. I mainly joined because of how passionate the instructors are and the highly collaborative environment. Both were signs of great culture and I knew I wanted to be in an environment that would push me to reach my potential.

Coming from a non-coding background, there was a level of uneasiness entering an unfamiliar industry. LearningFuze does a great job accelerating the knowledge of newcomers while still providing people with more technical backgrounds the level of challenge they need to grow. The curriculum has been refined over many years yet it still adapts to the skills employers are looking for, what students are interested in learning and the evolving best practices.

This program doesn't just feed you a list of rules to abide by as you code. You learn the logic and reasoning behind the best practices to become a well-rounded problem solver who can tackle even the most unfamiliar of questions. Since it typically takes years of experience to even come close to mastering the intricacies of any technology, building the skills to prepare yourself for an ever-changing industry will providing a foundation for a lasting career.

LearningFuze also provides assistance when it comes to the job search. Students go through a rigorous process to ensure their portfolios are ready to be shown to employers. Speaking and networking events are constantly being pushed to students and LearningFuze has its own network of companies to recommend students who have completed their portfolios to. LearningFuze also provides interview prep, resume reviews and lectures on how to optimize your job search.

I truly believe in LearningFuze and hope that this review provides a glimpse into the value of the program. I had a fantastic experience and although I do not know what may have happened if another path was taken, I am confident that I made the right decision to join.

• Jhon A.  User Photo
    Jhon A. • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze provides a pleasant learning environment with very helpful instructors. Dan is remarkable when explaining tough concepts; he breaks it down with simple analogies that helped me understand and digest the topic.

The program is fast paced, intense and like most reviewers said you get what you put in. I, for the most part, spend 10-12 hours a day to learn and absorb the learning materials as much as I can, I only go home to sleep and shower. I thought I couldn't maintain that for 3 full months, but I did. How?

At LFZ I was surrounded by like-minded, motivated people who want to learn to code as much as I do and I loved it! I'm not only learning from the instructors but also from my classmates, seniors, alumni and guest speakers from various tech companies.

The curriculum gave us many opportunities to work together as a group. So we teamed up together, we got stuck on problems together, we solved programming problems together, and it was super fun and rewarding experience.

As every night goes by, I looked forward to what I'm going to learn the next day. It won't be easy, but I knew I'm going to get a lot of help and support from the instructors learning the materials.

Days and weeks passed by, and before I know it 3 months happened, 2 weeks later I got an internship in Irvine. 2 months into the internship, and I got a full-time job in Los Angeles.

Doing a boot camp was a big decision for me. Like you I researched different ones and read reviews. I contacted a couple of boot camps, attended info sessions, and I decided I like to move forward with LearningFuze, and I'm delighted I did.

• A Quality Program
    - 9/18/2018
    Rebecca M.  User Photo
    Rebecca M. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have just wrapped up the 12-week full immersion program at LearningFuze and wanted to share my thoughts because I know when I was looking for a boot camp I wanted to read as many reviews as possible.

LearningFuze was not the first boot camp I attended. I started out at another full immersion program in the area and I realized very quickly that I had made a mistake. Having spent two weeks at another program, I feel I have a unique perspective on the quality of instruction that LearningFuze offers.

Here are a couple of the things that I found most important.

LearningFuze focuses on coding fundamentals. You need to start with the basics and work your way up. The lead instructor, Dan, takes great care in making sure you understand the code you are writing and that you aren’t just memorizing the syntax without grasping the underlying concepts.

If a boot camp is trying to teach you React.js in the first or second week of the program when you can barely write a for loop in Javascript. Run away!

LearningFuze has plenty of instructors available to help you. One of the most frustrating things about the first boot camp I attended was the lack of assistance. There was one instructor for 14 students. If I had a question, I had to put myself in a queue and sometimes have to wait a couple hours if I was stuck while he was helping other students. What a waste of time! LearningFuze has at least seven instructors. I think the ratio of students to instructors is about 5 to 1. This makes it so easy to get the help you need. I have never had to wait very long at all to get the help I need and there are instructors on site almost every Saturday also.

Once the boot camp ends, the instructors are still there for you, assisting with getting your portfolio put together and polished.

What you need to know

Doing well at a boot camp requires a tremendous amount of time and dedication. If you are not able to put in the effort, it won’t matter where you attend school. You should expect to be putting in about 12 hours a day and working on the weekends too. Make sure your friends and family know you will be MIA for about three months.

It is challenging, but it is a great experience!

• David A.  User Photo
    David A. • Web Developer Student @LFZ • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am writing this review from the standpoint of completing 7 out of 12 weeks of this intense full immersion program. I still have 5 weeks left and everything about the program has been constantly exceeding my expectations.

My prior programming experience:

• HTML/CSS/JavaScript from codeCademy/freeCodeCamp
    • Java exposure from my previous logistics job

I had a lot of holes in my understanding of programming concepts and didn't know how to bring it all together. It was difficult learning on my own due to my limited knowledge and lack of mentorship.

Which prompted me to start my search for a coding boot camp where the environment would push myself past my limits and build a stronger foundation in programming.

How I found LearningFuze (LFZ):
    I inquired several coding boot camps around OC/LA through SwitchUp, CourseReport, and info sessions. LFZ stood out the moment I took up their free offer of sitting in on some of their lectures.

The staff, current students, and alumni are very transparent about their boot camp experience. It was a breath of fresh air compared to some other institutions around the area, especially for someone who was brand new to programming.

Why I chose LearningFuze:
    After a few days of sitting in on their lectures, I discovered that I loved the teaching style of Lead Instructor Dan. He breaks down problems to a human level/plain english to solidify the concept and then correlates that idea to the code.

After a few weeks of sitting in on lectures here and there, I decided to bite the bullet and enroll into their Root Level One class (1 of 2 of the pre-requisite classes before joining full immersion)

It was after taking the Root Level One class that I decided to really try and join the full immersion by moving on to their RootJS class (the second pre-requisite class before joining full immersion)

I was amazed at how well the other staff could explain concepts and really relate to the student because guess what? The majority of staff have been through the full immersion and excelled at the program. There is a student-instructor ratio of 5 to 1,
    so help is never too far away.

No need to worry about office hours because everyone at LFZ (including alumni) are reachable through the LFZ Slack channels. Whether it's fellow students, alumni, and staff; everyone is friendly and open about code that I feel it nurtures a great environment to have focused learning on programming.

What is the full immersion like?

The curriculum is INTENSE.
    A prospective student should take a Root class at LFZ and really see if programming is for them before proceeding any further.

JavaScript, JavaScript, JavaScript!!!!!
    If there is something I could have improved on before joining full immersion is more practice with JavaScript. This was the same advice I was given by alumni, current students, and instructors. They were 200% correct, but I do not regret too much about beginning the full immersion at the level of JavaScript I knew at the time.

Although the curriculum is well structured, it is fast-paced. I struggle every day, but it is all worth it because what I learn is so invaluable. Students are not only taught programming languages, but how to approach a problem and think of a solution. We are taught to break down problems down to a human level and translate our human solution to a coding solution.

Expect to spend 10-14 hours Monday-Friday to learn from lectures, practice-problems, and projects. Maybe 8 hours on Saturdays to help catch up for when you fall behind (yes almost everyone will fall behind)

The program is designed to have students fail. This is because the faster we fail, the faster we learn from our mistakes and keep moving forward. Students would rather fail during the boot camp than to fail at an actual job.

The curriculum also covers whiteboard interviews and resume / portfolio building.
    As many other reviewers have stated before. You really get everything out of this program depending on how much time/effort you put into it.

Advice:

1. Be 100% committed, you will have to make sacrifices. Especially with Netflix, friends/family/significant others. Just communicate well with who need to keep in touch with.
    2. Communication is KEY! If you have questions, don't stay quiet! Just ask if you don't understand or else you will fall behind.
    3. Attitude. We are all here to learn, don't ruin it for others by being a jerk.
    4. DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS!
      To be honest, I still struggle with this everyday. I need to constantly remind myself that there will always be those better/worse than me. What I learned is that everyone from all walks of life can bring something to the table. So don't count yourself out so early in the game
      It's a marathon, not a race.

• Howard Kim  User Photo
    Howard Kim • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze is a great bootcamp with instructors who will do their best to solidify your JavaScript skills. I was always asking Cody for practice problems in the beginning to build my foundation and he was always willing to help and come up with new problems. Dan is excellent at breaking problems down and trying to make sure everyone is on the same page and understands thorogougly before moving onto the next topic. For any future students reading this, make sure you are disciplined enough to put in 10-12 hour days and even weekends. For the most part, I was always the earliest to arrive and last to leave because I knew that I would be distracted at home. It will be tough to want to study and code on the weekends, especially Sunday but it will make a significant difference. What's great is that LFZ is open on Saturdays with instructors being present. I took a part-time Javascript course for about 3 weeks at a previous bootcamp in the Irvine area and made the switch over to LFZ and I have no regrets - at the part time program, our homework was to do codeacademy and freecodecamp... The prototypes and the curriculum at LFZ are superior and you will get what you put in.

• Kris Chanthasiriphan  User Photo
    Kris Chanthasiriphan • Student Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp iprovides everything you need to be successful. Compared to other programs, LearningFuze gives students the most bang for their buck. The instructors are extremely knowledgable and always there for you.

You truly get out what you put into this program. They do a great job of setting the playing field for you and help initiate your career in development. The most important thing you can get out of this program is the ability to learn and continue learning as you move forward.

The program structure simulates the real world work environment and encourages collaboration and communication amongst the students and instructors. Not only do you develop your technical skills, you have a change to develop soft skills.

• Gerald Blackmon  User Photo
    Gerald Blackmon • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This program is beyond exceeding my expectations. Coming into a program that is as condensed and accelerated as a boot camp, I was very concerned on the quality of education I would be receiving. I was quickly relieved as the instructors are extremely knowledgeable. Of course they teach the material, showing great knowledge of the code itself, but they teach more than just syntax and language. A main focus is the thought process behind every decision, and how to arrive at the correct solution for the problem you are currently facing.

I would suggest this program to anyone that is looking to get into software development

• Ryan Kang  User Photo
    Ryan Kang • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze is an amazing learning environment with dedicated instructors who are knowledgdable in web development and computer science. As a continuing university student, I have had my fair share of computer science professors with a lack of motivation and care for their students. It is a direct contrast here at LearningFuze. Instructors are willing to spend hours on end to help students fully understand difficult-to-learn concepts. For instance, most instructors stay 1-2 hours after class (10am-6pm) to reteach concepts learned in class. Not once have I heard any of the LearningFuze instructors complain about a student not understanding a concept, which is a contrast from what I encounter in some of my classes in university.

Along with the great instructors to help guide you through the journey of computer science and programming, there are numerous workshops and presentations (led by TJ Kinion) on how to clean up your technical resume, how to make connections with other programmers and employers and how to effectively handle hard interview situations. TJ does a great job going over these topics throughout the program and making sure we sharpen up on our communication and soft skills.

All in all, LearningFuze is an amazing learning environment that challenges you and sets you up for success. I now feel more confident to showcase both my programming and teamwork/leadership abilities to employers, and I am excited to finish up my last year of university with all of the skills I gained from LearningFuze. My biggest advice to anyone who's not sure of whether to do this program or not is to come to the info sessions and talk to the instructors and get a feel for its great learning atmosphere.

• Sam S  User Photo
    Sam S • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I enrollled at Learning Fuze after considering many other bootcamps in the LA / Orange County area and could not be more satisfied with my decision. While making a career change can be daunting, the dedicated instructors, motivated peers and thorough curriculum at LFZ give its students the confidence to tackle that challenge head-on.

I initially chose LFZ because of the passion and teaching style of its lead instructor, Dan Paschal. I attended an info session and was impressed by Dan's attention to detail, patience and ability to make abstract programming concepts accessible to non-technical laymen. Once I started the program, I appreciated Dan's thorough instruction and commitment to his students all the more.

Learning Fuze also offers introductory 'root' classes as a part of its full-immersion program. I felt the opportunity to take a month of entry-level classes to become more familiar with programming was a great asset and helped me prepare prior to the start of the full-time class.

The full-immersion curriculum is incredibly well thought-out. The instructors and program directors at LFZ tailor their instruction to cover relevant technologies. Students cement their knowledge from lectures by creating many applications over the 12-week program period. Team projects allow students to gain experience with important tools and methodologies like Agile scrum, GitHub and Issue and Project Tracking.

Learning Fuze fosters an environment for life-long learning and collaboration. The facility hosts meetups and alumni speaking events on a variety of topics. Peers motivate each other to push themselves and achieve goals. Intellectualy curiosity is encouraged; no question will go unanswered and instructors are available to assist students on a one-on-one basis. Alumni are also welcome to return any time after graduation, whether for instruction, a quiet work environment or just to hang out with their peers.

I would highly reccomend Learning Fuze to anyone looking for a program that will prepare them to pursue a career in programming. Participating in their full-immersion program provided me with a solid fullstack JS, HTML and CSS foundation, the tools essential to succeeding in the field and and a number of strong friendships.

• Li Zhang  User Photo
    Li Zhang • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Deciding on making a major career switch wasn't something easy.  Deciding on enrolling into LearningFuse was.

When I first interviewed with Bill, the Director of Operations at LearningFuze, I expressed my eager to experience how to team up with other brilliant developers for group projects, and hoped to gain valuable insight into how the Web development industry operates. Looking back, I can say without reservation that I got all that I've initially desired, and much more.

As was already mentioned in many other reviews, LFZ has a team of excellent, excellent instructors to help students succeed, and they are always there for us. Once I learned how to ask the right questions, I found myself moving forward with an amazing pace. I cannot count how many times a quick chat with an instructor helped me turn the corner -- Andy, Cody, Collette, you are all amazing!  Thank you so much for always showing me the light!  Then once a solid foundation was built, I was welcomed into the well-structured lectures by Scott on advanced topics, and honestly, words cannot describe how much joy I have felt while learning something new every day in his classroom.  Much respect.

One important aspect that sets LearningFuze apart is the support system they provide post-graduation. After finishing the 12-week full immersion program, I continued to go to the Alumni room to improve my skills and working on projects.  It is invaluable to have a knowledgeable, patient, and highly detail-oriented instructor like Tim, who dives deeply into my projects and always finds something "could be better" in my code, so that I will re-think and then improve. It was actually on the 39th day post-graduation that I finally received Tim's stamp of approval on all my projects and portfolio.  It may seem like a long period of time, but I have to say that it was a very enjoyable journey and well worth it.  Doing all the hard work to improve the projects allowed all the previously learned knowledge to precipitate and solidify as my *own* skill set, and in the end made me a better developer.

Coding aside, LearningFuze provides amazing networking opportunities and job support. Bill and TJ Kinion not only organize various networking events for us to meet potential employers, learn from alumni’s success, and catch up with current tech advancements, they also make time for individual students to help their job hunt.  I want to give a special shout out to TJ. I asked TJ for advice often (even when he was on his vacation in Greece) and had multiple mini-meetings with him to talk about various aspects of my job search.  He not only provided me with valuable resume building suggestions and interview guidance, but also in a broader sense influenced me with his always-so-positive attitude.  His positive spirit was a tremendous boost of energy that helped me through many things.  I will always be grateful for his assistance and support along the way.

Last but not least, I truly cherish the friendship I have harvested from this program. When you are in the trench with someone 60+ hours per week, you bond with them.  I was fortunate to work alongside some brilliant and passionate cohort mates.  Going into class with them motivated me to be better every day.  All those special memories I share with my cohort mates, the LearningFuze staff and many of the students make me smile from time to time.

A life-changing experience it was.

• Excellent program
    - 6/25/2018
    Brian  User Photo
    Brian • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

LearningFuze provides a well structured and detailed program taught by dedicated instructors. You will find that the instructors care about what they teach and will make sure that the students learn more than what is necessary to earn their role as a developer.

The front and backend stack change depending on the market demand which helps the job applications be more competitive. The job assistance program provided at the end of the program also provide help that is well worth what you pay for.

Just like being in school, the most important thing will be how much time and effort you put in to everything given to you, but if you put in the necessary time and work, it's all worth the effort.

• Jeff L  User Photo
    Jeff L • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze is an amazing place to learn about coding, and it is definitely a school that TEACHES coding. The teachers here are amazing also. They help you anyway they can and explain in a way that you will understand. I came in not knowing more than how to check my email and facebook to being able to make games and I am currently designing an app as my final project. The wealth of knowledge the teachers have here is amazing, especially the head instructor Dan Paschal. There is ALWAYS someone able to help you and if you need extra help they make the time and effort for you. There is a deep amount of dedication needed to finish the program, but as long as you stick with it, and ask questions you will get alot out of the program. I highly recommend this place to start your career in software development here.

Their curriculum is extensive ranging from HTML5, CSS, Javascript, JSX, REACT, PHP, Node.js, MySQL and others

• Josh C.  User Photo
    Josh C. • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I've researched bootcamps for about three to four years, seen "high-salary guaruntee" bootcamps go under, and other well knowns be reputably sucessfull! In the end, I realized, I just needed to choose one place where I can learn practical hands-on code in "classroom" setting (bc that's how I learn best!). Finally, after a friend refered me to LearningFuze, I decided to end my search, choose this bootcamp, and run with it. To do this day, I believe I have made one of the best decisions of my life! I literally went from being confused with Javascript to building extensive web apps in React.JS! Something I only dreamed of doing! LearningFuze's full immersive environment and cirricucullum was really well structured that it enabled me to absord the hard skill of a developer! All of the instructors built up my hard skill of coding, which then coupling with my soft skills and previous work experience, was able to get me a job at an awesome tech company of dreams! Thank you, LFZ!