learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion, 12-week web development bootcamp through live, virtual classrooms and in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Students are taught by live instructors and get support throughout the course, including problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged into LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (190) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (40) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date October 5, 2020
    LocationOnline, Orange County
    The 14 week full immersion program is currently being offered in our live virtual classroom and teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. Our full immersion program is taught in a live classroom format by an experienced team of full-time instructors, staff & career services department. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    Deposit$250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: SkillsFund and
    ISA (Income Share Agreement).
    Contact us for more information
    Refund / GuaranteeProrated within the first week of the program
    Scholarship$12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/pricing for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application https://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the LFZ Prep Course
    October 5, 2020 - Orange County
  • LFZ Prep Course

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Front End
    LocationOnline, Orange County
    The LFZ Prep Course is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers. The course is designed to prepare students for the full immersion or part-time programs.
    DepositNone required
    Minimum Skill LevelSome understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer
  • Part Time Web Development Program

Start Date November 14, 2020
    LocationOnline, Orange County
    Live in-person instruction with the flexibility to participate remotely as necessary. A curriculum based on the top-rated full immersion program for students passionate about learning professional development to be employment ready. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is the first modular program of its kind tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program. It is designed to deliver the same content and career services as the full immersion program, but with the needed flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or "modules" based on your schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area, but not necessarily all 3 modules, can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice. Simply apply and ensure that you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two, the program is all about learning the practical skills of development by building numerous full-scale projects in a work-like environment led by seasoned instructors.
    DepositNone
    We offer financing through our lending partners SkillsFund
    Refund / Guarantee$500 discount for Module 1
    ScholarshipPlease check our https://learningfuze.com/pricing?course=part-time for scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience necessary
    Prep WorkRecommendations on each module
    November 14, 2020 - Orange County
  • Remote Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date October 5, 2020
    The 14-week remote full immersion program is offered in our live virtual classroom and teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. Our full immersion program is taught in a live classroom format by an experienced team of full-time instructors, staff & career services department. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years. - Live, Remote Instruction led by Professional Engineers - Engaging Virtual Community with Speakers, Job Fair, and Student Events - Same Full-Immersion Curriculum for those that want to Learn Remotely - Seasoned Senior Instructors - Largest Employer Network - Comprehensive Career Services - Extensive Instructional Team - Low Student-to-Teacher Ratio - Curriculum Focused on most In-Demand Technologies - Curriculum Developed in Collaboration with Employers
    Lending partner available: SkillsFund and
    ISA (Income Share Agreement).
    Contact us for more information

Tuition PlansPlease check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement) https://learningfuze.com/pricing?course=full-immersion
    Refund / GuaranteeRefund for 60% or less of course complete
    Scholarshiphttps://learningfuze.com/pricing?course=full-immersion
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application https://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-remote-preparation-guide
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the remote LFZ Prep Course
    October 5, 2020 - Online
  • UI/UX Design Course

HTML, Digital Marketing, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    Start Date November 21, 2020
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Flexible, Modular Approach - This modular or part time program is tailored for students looking for professional skills in design. It is constructed for those that are currently working or have personal obligations that a part time program accommodates. Class Structure and Learning - Each module is comprised of an in-depth 12 week curriculum built by industry professionals that allows students to gain the skills in both User Experience and User Interface to enter the industry professionally. Class sessions take place 3 days a week where students will gain a strong, practical understanding of how to create intuitive designs based on user wants utilizing powerful designs tools such as Adobe XD, Figma and Invision. Projects and Portfolio - Students will learn through a deliberate, practiced approach by working through relevant exercises and creating real world projects led by seasoned industry professionals. Students will learn what it takes to design professionally whether pursuing a career in design or adding serious value to current skills.
    DepositNone
    Tuition PlansUp Front Payment 3rd Party Lender
    Refund / GuaranteeUp to 60% of course or each module completed
    ScholarshipEarly registration discount of $300
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner/Novice
    Prep WorkProvided upon registratrion
    November 21, 2020 - Orange County
  • Jon Rasmussen

I am currently in the thick of week 4 of 12 here at Learning Fuze and I am loving everything about it!

The best thing about Learning Fuze, without a doubt, is the staff. Each and every one of them genuinely care about us, not just as students, but as people. They are all quite technically proficient and share their knowledge with joy and patience (which we certainly need).

From the beginning they set a tone of collaboration and collegiality which inspires us to learn from each other.

I cannot recommend Learning Fuze highly enough if you are motivated to learn and grow!

• The Best Decision
    - 3/28/2016
    Korey C Lo • Graduate

I just finished the 12 week full immersion program.  LearningFuze was a great experience.  If you're willing to put in the time and commitment you will not regret your decision.  What sets LearningFuze apart are the insturctors.  They are all very helpful and dedicated to seeing their students succeed. Dan, the lead instructor is 110% commited in helping the students understand the material.  He is truly passionate and dedicated in making sure students meet their goals in becoming great developers.  LearningFuze gave me the structure and environment I needed to help accelerate my learning in web development.  Everything from prototypes (mini assignements that test a specific topic covered in class), to individual projects, group projects, hackathons, whiteboarding, and mock interviews.  For me personally, one of the biggest takeaways was learning how to learn and how to find information when you get stuck on a particular problem.  Even though my cohort is over I feel confident I can go and learn any programming language on my own.  Overall, I would definitely reccomend this bootcamp to anyone looking to transistion into web development.

• Amazing Experience
    - 3/21/2016
    Leslie L. • Student

I'm starting my last week of the cohort, and to be honest I am quite sad to leave. I am always blown away when I realize how much we have learned and accomplished. I have gained so much from this experience: a tangible skill, the desire to learn more, experience working in teams, confidence, and friends for life. Before this cohort I felt stuck in one career path, but now I have options.

I would definitely recommend this Bootcamp, if you have any interest in web development. I would suggest you go through Codecademy, Team Treehouse, and W3schools tutorials before coming here.

• Amazing Experience
    - 3/21/2016
    Leslie L. • Student

• Ana Kwon • Front End Developer • Graduate

I've research all kinds of coding bootcamps in California. I actually went to San Francisco to visit one of the popular boot camps in Norcal, and also visited other boot camps in Santa Monica as well.  However, I finalized my decisions to go with LearningFuze after talking to the directors, Bill and Fabian. And I do not regret a single moment of choosing LFZ as my coding bootcamp because they did such a good job preparing me throughout the courses up until I land on my first developer job. It was such a life changing experience.

I have to say, it was an intensive 12 weeks of programming but my instructor, Dan and Eric, were very patient with us and always available to help us day and night. After I was completed with the course, it took me about a 1.5-2 months to finally get offered for the full time Front End Developer position. (Remember, interview process takes a long time. So don't be anxious, keep coding and be patient! ) It's been almost 8months since I've been working as a developer. Everyday I'm learning something new and building my skills to write a clean, reuseable code. Learningfuze will teach you and build you up as a developer and soon, you will find a job as a developer.

• Srayuth Choun • Student

Just finished the 4th week of the bootcamp. Leaving a stable full-time job and dedicating yourself to something new and different can be frightful and stressful. I decided to join a bootcamp because I wanted to be in a career that will challenge me day to day. After intensive research and comparisions, I chose LearningFuze as my bootcamp.

LearningFuze will challenge you and give you a great understanding when solving problems. The bootcamp provides you with readings and videos that will help better explain the web languages. The instructors have great positive attitudes and are very knowledgeable.  They are very helpful and supportive when you are stuck on a problem or have difficulties understanding the course material.

Attending LearningFuze has been a great decision.  If you're willing to put the time and effort the bootcamp will help you succeed in becoming a web developer.

• Paul Ly

I am currently 4 weeks into the bootcamp. It can be scary to leave a full time job and immerse yourself in a classroom once again.  If you are looking to change your career in which you will be challenged everyday, the LearningFuze bootcamp will definitely help you accomplish that.  Having no background in web development is not an issue.  I did not have any prior experience in web development or taken any type of coding classes.  LearningFuze will provide suggestions on reading material and free online courses that you can complete prior to the start of the course to help you prepare for your first day.  The online courses and reading material will not make you become an instant web developer, but it will give you some basic understanding so that you won't fell like you are completely lost when you start the course.  That does not mean that you will not feel lost at all once you begin the course.

The instructors are very friendly and knowledgable.  They will always be there to answer your questions as soon as possible.  You can also schedule instructor time to have a one on one Q&A with the instructor of your choosing if you would like as well. The instructors are also supportive and will be there to help you when you feel completely lost. If you feel like you aren't understanding a particular subject or concept, the instructors will take the time to help explain it maybe in a different way since everyone learns differently.

It is a friendly environment and everyone in the class is here to learn and come from all types of backgrounds.  As long as you don't give up and are willing to put in the time to study, this course will help you acheive your goal of becoming a web developer.

• Stan Wielga • Student

Right now I'm in week 4 of the program, and this is easily the best learning experience and environment that I have ever been in.

Before this I was interested in making websites and the idea of joining a coding bootcamp had been bouncing around in my head for a year. Now that I'm in a program, I can't believe I waited so long to do this. It's exactly what I've been looking for.

The material is interesting and challenging. Every day I learn something new that is beneficial to my growth as a web developer and as a professional. LearningFuze has a very warm and open learning environment and attitude; and they do an excellent job of accommodating their students and their different learning speeds.

I highly recommend studying here.

• Mihir Shah • Graduate

LearningFuze exudes passion and exemplary leadership.  It is undoubtedly a rigorous web development program that requires resolve and an investment of time that can easily exceed 65-70 hours weekly.  As a rule of thumb, the program suggests twelve hours during the weekdays and approximately four to five hours on weekends.  What is perhaps the distinguishing factor and sets LearningFuze apart from its peers is the dedication and seemingly 24/7 access to resources.  Simply put, the teacher dedication is second to none.  While the class time is 10-6, teachers, particularly Dan, often open up the facility by 8:30 and keep it open until 8:30pm, two and a half hours after the class is scheduled to end.  The program recognizes that students learn in their own unique ways.  As a result, they not only have two senior developers as teachers, Dan and Eric, but also two juinor developers, Travis and Scott.  Needless to say, there will be a teacher that fits your learning style.

In my personal LearningFuze journey, I discovered the art of breaking complex topics into smaller pieces and then putting it together again via a project.  In most cases, the distribution of information was fairly systematic: slides and video presentations would be followed by a prototype which would test a specific topic from the slides.  The topic would culminate with a project, either individual or group (day long hackathons).

For prospective bootcamp candidates, coming in and absorbing the worklike setup  will go a long way in making a decision.  From soft skills via mock interviews to constant collaboration with teachers and classmates, LearningFuze was the ideal, structured environment for me to sift through the multitude of questions and bugs, among other things that I inevitably ran into.

With that said, however, you get from the program what you put in.  Just like the web development industry, the LearningFuze experience is one of nonstop learning and introspection.  If you let yourself get comfortable, you will find youself falling behind quickly.

Even after the program is complete, LearningFuze teachers will continuously keep the communication lines open.  From creating a post-grad plan of action that will ultimately end in employment to assisting you one on one in the facility,the teacher dedication is top flight.

• Adia • Graduate

I recently finished LearningFuze 12 week full immersion program. I came into the program with basic understanding of HTML CSS and JS. I am a mother and a military spouse, so committing to this bootcamp was a big sacrifice for me and my family. I had my brother check it out for me during their intro class. He met Dan the lead instructor there and called me and said I should go! I was banking on Dan and it was a win! The first 9 weeks He explained and taught so well that I truly gained a clear understanding and it gave me confidence in solving other programming problems that came along. Dan is willing to wake up early, sit with you late, and give you all the tools needed for you to conquer the code! Having support like that was invaluable for me. Ask questions and he will be there to answer them or guide you to find the answers!

After the 9 weeks our cohort was given the choice to continue with Front-end or Back-end. I picked Front and we were taught AngularJS by the other lead instructor Eric. Eric knows his stuff!! His explanations are so clear, but you have to ASK questions. Eric makes you think, he makes you search for answers, and when you are stuck he gives you just enough to find your way out. Tough love! But good because when you get it, it stays with you!  Getting the opportunity to learn Angular was so awesome and I thank LF for that, it was truly an Agile experience because we were the first cohort given this choice.

Over all this was a great experience, I am glad I went to the bootcamp! I feel like I have a solid understanding of some concepts and the confidence to tackle new ones. Best of all I gained friends in my cohort! People just as excited to learn and grow as developers as myself. The atmosphere is very welcoming and the endless coffee and snacks were much appreciated.

What I liked the most: Having dedicated, talented instructors with over a decade of programming experience, Getting help with my resume and mock interviews, Getting a solid foundation in the basics of programming, Building Projects, Hackathons, Learning Github, Learning AngularJS, my cohort-mates!!

Advice to future cohort: Take time to polish projects, do the practice problems and algorithm problems daily, Ask questions and have fun coding!

• My best decision!
    - 12/2/2015
    Michal • Student

After finding myself bored with my job, I made a list of my hobbies and passions, and kept coming back to creativity and problem solving. A family friend suggested that I look into bootcamps, and thus began my search.

I spent weeks researching different programs and reading reviews. As someone who has a tendancy to jump into new things, I was determined to not make a costly mistake.

From reading reviews about other programs, I felt that many of them were more focused on the competive edge and the ending salary rather than the growth of the person as a developer and finding a passion. LearningFuze is the perfect program for one who is looking to match their talents to a career.

While there is a range of skill sets in my cohort, I strongly believe that no student feels neither left behind nor held back. There is a strong team that personalizes the education to each students' abilities and lifestyle situations. As a bootcamp is an extremely time intensive program, it is important that students feel comfortable with their classmates, teachers, and administrators. LearningFuze not only makes the students feel comfortable, they go above and beyond. There are often supplementary activities (whether it is a potential employer speaking or an opportunity to bond as a class) and there is always somebody available to help.

I think the fact that alumni often stop by and come to activities of the current cohort says a lot about the quality of the program.

I'm incredibly happy with my decision to attend Learning Fuze and would not hestitate to recommend the program to anybody who is willing to put in the time commitment.

• Trevor L. • Web Developer

LearningFuze was the best decision I could have made for myself and my career. If you’re anything like me, you are reading this review to research and discover the pros and cons of coding boot camps. Let my results be proof that with the right boot camp, you can be very successful. Hi, my name is Trevor. I graduated with the 5th cohort of the LearningFuze boot camp and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

It was a little over a year ago a small web project fell into my lap. I caught the bug and increasingly became fascinated by coding and was yearning to learn more. I started on the usual modern routes like Codecademy.com and Treehouse, etc. However, as much as I was learning, there was a level of depth that I just could not reach. It occurred to me that I needed a teacher, a mentor, someone to guide me through learning to code. At this point I started researching coding boot camps. I came across a lot of controversial information. Some sites said they were a scam and some said they could be credible. So I looked into a few different ones local to me. None though, came remotely close to LearningFuze. Let me explain.

Just as much as you choose a boot camp, the boot camp also chooses you. That’s right, I had an interview. Why is this important? Well, the first point is that they didn’t just accept me because they wanted my money. There are a lot of boot camps where you can just sign up, pay the fee and you’re in. LearningFuze chooses to meet you, learn a little bit about you and your ambitions. Not only is this critical for them, but it is critical for you. If they just took people’s money and said “come on in!” , there is a good possibility you could end up in a class with people who might be there for the wrong reasons and may not work well with other people. I know I certainly want to be in class full of students who are just as passionate and driven about coding as I am. LearningFuze does a great job of making sure this is the case. That in itself is invaluable. My interview was with Bill and Fabian. Two of the nicest and most sincere gentlemen you will meet. During the interview, I really got to know them well and they gave an in depth background of themselves and their ambitions and how LearningFuze came to be. They genuinely have a passion for people and furthering education. In addition, they are invested not only in your learning, but in you. Your success is their success.

After my interview, I was accepted to attend Cohort 5. I can’t tell you how excited I was. I was going to be spending 12 weeks, full-time doing something I loved and the best part was I was going to be surrounded by others just like myself. So, how about those details…let’s get to the nitty gritty.

The boot camp official hours are from 10am to 6pm. However, the staff, which I will get to, is always willing to stay way earlier and way later. Allow me to make something very clear and obvious, you will get out of this school what you put into it. I spent 12 hours a day at LearningFuze, from 8:30am to 8:30pm, Monday through Friday and I spent about 10 hours each day on the weekend at home learning and coding. Their doors remained open the entire time I was there. If you are willing to commit the time to your education, so are they. So, let’s get to Dan. Dan is the Lead Instructor & Engineer at LearningFuze. Let me start by saying this; his commitment to you is unmatched. He has a real passion for coding and with over 30 years in the industry, he has the knowledge to back it up. Sure, there are a lot of people out there with many years of experience, but what makes Dan special? I’ll tell you. Dan can TEACH coding. He has the skill, passion, personality and patience to teach coding. Upon your very first hours of dealing with Dan, you will know you stepped into the right learning environment. In addition to the staff, there is Eric, Scott, Travis and Jordan. Eric is the Senior Technical Lead & Instructor at LearningFuze. He is just as passionate about coding as anyone in there and it shows. One of the great qualities about Eric is that he won’t hesitate to question you on everything you are doing. It may seem odd or unhelpful at first, but the beauty of it is in his ability to help guide you through solving problems for yourself. When it comes to coding, that kind of thinking is critical (See what I did there? “Critical Thinking”) and he helps you achieve it. Scott and Travis were both LearningFuze graduates and then became Teaching Assistants. Yes, that’s right, LearningFuze graduates are educated enough to be able to guide and help others in learning to code. The education you receive at LearningFuze is of the highest value. Scott and Travis were extremely helpful with all aspects of our learning from answering simple questions to helping us resolve more complex problems. Jordan does the UI/UX Development and Marketing for LearningFuze. She also is a LearningFuze graduate and joined them at the end of my cohort, but even for the few weeks we had left, she was eager to help and guide us along the way.

The curriculum itself is extremely comprehensive and well put together. There is a solid methodology behind how and when they teach what they do. Each subject and language is approached from a programming perspective. One of the key factors in their teaching methods is that the learning isn’t just entirely focused on the language itself, but it revolves around LEARNING HOW TO PROGRAM. It is imperative to understand programming and how to solve problems and that is exactly what you learn at LearningFuze. Here is the greatest value of all;  during your time at LearningFuze they give you the tools and knowledge to be able to leave their school and still be able to learn, problem solve and grow as a developer. In addition, there are countless other benefits that you get. You will have several mock white board interviews teaching you the in’s and out’s. They work with you to build a solid resume. Almost every week they have someone from the industry come in and give a speech or presentation. These aren’t just random bottom shelf coders either; they are lead developers from well established companies like Blizzard, Fusion of Ideas, Bitovi, etc. During the end of the cohort they also prepare you immensely for what is to come regarding preparations of your portfolio and getting ready for the job search. The list goes on.

So, where is the proof that it was all worth it? Simple, this should help. After about 2 weeks applying for jobs, I got an interview. I was hired the same day. The preparation and knowledge I got from LearningFuze was invaluable and led me exactly where I wanted to be as a developer. In addition, there doors are always open to alumni students. I stop by and visit frequently and they have a great alumni connection.

As I stated in the beginning, LearningFuze was the best decision I ever made for myself and my career. If you are serious about coding and want to better yourself and your future, I highly recommend researching the LearningFuze website and take the leap and enroll. It will change your life.