wbs-coding-school-logo

WBS Coding School

Berlin, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Online

WBS Coding School

WBS CODING SCHOOL offers two, 15-week coding bootcamps: Full-Stack PHP Web Development and Web & App Development. The Web & App Development may also be done part-time online in 24 weeks. Full-time bootcamps are delivered in a hybrid format with 12 weeks of live online learning followed by 3 weeks of in-person learning in Berlin, Germany. Accommodations and vegetarian meals are included during this portion of the bootcamp. Part-time bootcamp students are invited to campus for a 3-week stay after they have completed the online portion of the bootcamp.

In the Web & App Development bootcamp, the curriculum covers front end tools and languages. including HTML5, CSS3, Vanilla Javascript, React.js, and React Native. The curriculum covers back end languages and tools, such as Node.js, APIs such as REST and GraphQL, and databases including SQL and NoSQL. Students will learn tools such as Console, Git and GitHub, mobile development, and desktop applications such as Electron. Students will also learn best practices, such as UX/UI fundamentals, SEO for developers, DevOps, including monitoring, CI/CD, and deployment, software testing, Agile methodologies such as Scrum, and project management.

In the Full-Stack PHP Web Development bootcamp, the curriculum covers front end languages, such as HTML5, CSS3, and Vanilla Javascript. The curriculum also covers Vue.js, and the two popular CMSs: WordPress and Drupal. Students will learn PHP, Symfony, APIs including REST and GraphQL, and databases such as SQL and NoSQL. Students will learn tools including Console, Git, GitHub as well as UX/UI fundamentals, SEO for developers, DevOps, including monitoring, CI/CD, and deployment, software testing, Agile methodologies such as Scrum, and project management.

WBS CODING SCHOOL does not require applicants to have any previous coding experience. Applicants only need to bring high motivation and a curiosity to understand and solve technical challenges. The application is open to anyone 18 years and older. Students must be proficient in English. After filling out an online application, potential students are given a technical assessment test to prove their ability to learn quickly. If this is passed successfully, the student will have an interview to determine motivation level.

All WBS CODING SCHOOL bootcamp students will receive career services assistance, including interview preparation, CV and LinkedIn profile optimization, GitHub portfolio build-up, hiring events, and tech meetups.

WBS CODING SCHOOL students who are residents of Germany may be able to use their Bildungsgutschein educational voucher to cover the cost of tuition. Students coming to the end of their German military service may be able to use the Berufsförderungsdienst to cover tuition costs. Through CHANCEN eG, WBS CODING SCHOOL also offers Income Share Agreements (ISA).

Recent WBS Coding School Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (20) reviews for WBS Coding School →

Recent WBS Coding School News

• Full-Stack PHP Web Development

HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, CSS, Wordpress, DevOps, SEO, Scrum, Agile, SQL, REST, GitHub
      Start Date March 23, 2021
      LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), Berlin, Online
      This course aims to turn you into a ready-to-hire, advanced PHP Web Developer within 15 weeks. Graduates of this course will usually find a job as a Junior Developer within a very short time frame. The lessons taught cover not only PHP and its popular framework Symfony but a broader range of technologies and concepts that are key to building successful web projects. For the first 12 weeks, you will study remotely on our virtual learning platform together with your classmates – led by professional instructors. The big finale is your stay at our Campus Berlin – accommodation and meals included. You will live and code together with your classmates, preparing your final portfolio project. During the pandemic coming to Berlin is still recommended but optional. Alternatively, you can participate online too.
      Tuition PlansThe course fee is generally due in advance, though payment in installments is possible on request. Please discuss the details with our admission team.
      ScholarshipStudents who are residents of Germany may be able to use their 'Bildungsgutschein' educational voucher to cover the cost of WBS CODING SCHOOL tuition.
      Minimum Skill LevelWe collaborate with CHANCEN eG and Quotanda. Find the details on our funding page: https://www.wbscodingschool.com/funding-options/
      Prep WorkSome 40 hours of self-study on our Primer platform to ensure all participants begin the course on a level playing field.
      March 23, 2021 - Berlin Apply by March 10, 2021
      March 23, 2021 - Hybrid (Online & In-person) Apply by March 10, 2021
      March 23, 2021 - Online Apply by March 10, 2021
    • Full-Stack Web & App Development Bootcamp (full-time)

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, DevOps, React.js, SEO, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, SQL, GitHub
      LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), Berlin, Online
      The goal of this 15-week full-time program is to turn you into a fully operational Full-Stack Web & App Developer. Graduates of this course typically find employment as Junior Developers within a very short time frame. The lessons taught cover a diverse set of technologies such as HTML, CSS, Javascript, React.js, Node.js, APIs (REST, GraphQl), and databases (SQL/NoSQL). For the first 12 weeks, you will study remotely on our virtual learning platform together with your classmates – led by professional instructors. The big finale is your stay at our Campus Berlin – accommodation and meals included. You will live and code together with your classmates, preparing your final portfolio project. During the pandemic coming to Berlin is still recommended but optional. Alternatively, you can participate online too.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience required. Students must be 18 years or older.
    • Full-Stack Web & App Development Bootcamp (part-time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, DevOps, React.js, SEO, Node.js, Scrum, Agile, SQL, REST, GitHub
      Start Date April 6, 2021
      The part-time Full-Stack Web & App Development course is for anyone who wishes to expand their skills by studying in the evenings and on Saturdays. Spread over 24 weeks, workshops are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 18:30 to 21:30 (CET), and on Saturdays from 9:00 to 18:00 (CET). Within those 24 weeks, you will learn the fundamentals of a broad range of web development technologies, including HTML, CSS, Javascript, React.js, Node.js, APIs (REST, GraphQl), and databases (SQL/NoSQL). If you want to change your career path entirely and become a Web Developer, we recommend continuing with the optional on-site phase at our campus in Berlin. Combining the part-time course with the campus stay extends the educational scope to a level similar to that of our full-time course.
      April 6, 2021 - Online Apply by March 26, 2021
      June 7, 2021 - Online Apply by May 28, 2021
    • Jan E. • Graduate
      There are quite a few coding classes and courses that I attended (after studying media information science I attended 6 additional courses when counting those with a duration of at least 3 weeks), the "Full-Stack Web & App Development" course has been my favorite so far for various reasons:

1. "Boot camp"-style: fast-paced, intense, focused (750 hours in 15 weeks), I probably never learned more within 15 weeks.
      2. People: my small batch of fellow students (great people), helpful and friendly WBS staff.
      3. Instructors: The main instructor of our course is a coder by choice and a trainer by heart. Perfect match for the course, a great guy from Paris, even beyond his coding skills. Clever and very friendly co-instructors.
      4. Curriculum/Skills: modern, full-stack, immediately applicable.
      5. Guidance to teamwork: Autodidactically I would probably have chosen a different learning path (more on my own or with a small group) but the WBS did a lot better. Not only by guiding the first steep part of the learning curve to complex new technologies but also by focusing on teamwork early on. First group work took place in week 2 (remotely) and it really evolved a lot from there (collaborative planning/coding, teamworking on Github, project management). In my opinion, that's one of the aspects that the WBS Coding school did a lot better than other classes or courses I attended before.
      6. Hands-on: a high percentage of practical coding, groupwork as well as solo projects.
      7. Real-world: projects that you can add to your portfolio/repo, develop further and/or show to interviewers.
      8. Motivation: I feel motivated and eager to further develop the skills I learned in the boot camp. Any of them make sense, the selected stacks are more than an introduction to modern and scalable full-stack development. I'm curious how my fellow students will evolve their skills and I really enjoy staying in touch.

More than that: it really felt like turning the struggles of a pandemic lockdown into an opportunity to feed my brain and meet new people. There was no ability to travel, fewer assignments, fewer in-person training opportunities, so I used my spare time to do a remote course with 3 weeks on campus and brush up my coding skills and network. Feels like the right decision, what a ride!

• Natascha • Graduate
      I applied to WBS Coding School because of the special format of 12-weeks online and 3-weeks face-to-face on campus in Berlin. It was a great opportunity to have the freedom to learn from home or wherever in the world while enhancing virtual and international teamwork.

My first pretty good impression of the coding-test, which was mainly about checking the fast-learning-abilities and the friendly interview were proven during the whole Bootcamp. The staff is super nice, caring and helpful.
      We were a small batch with a great and private learning atmosphere. Our instructor was experienced in many different fields and always available for support and feedback. It really felt like working with friends.

The online-learning-platform is easy to use and pretty helpful. The staff is continuously improving content and structure and takes feedback thankfully and seriously and tries to apply.

The tech stack we learned is up-to-date and fits well together. It is a tough and intense way of learning, but in the end all puzzle pieces came together and resulted in unique and cool final projects we presented on demo-day. We all were proud of what we were able to learn and code after 15 weeks. But of course, it is just the start :)

The time on-campus in Berlin was the best part. The location is nice, the food really good, the rooms basic, but nice and the staff is super friendly. It was great to have face-to-face-support for the final project and we could really focus while having a great time together.

• Decidedly worth it
      - 9/21/2020
      Jorge Paul • FullStack Web Developer • Graduate
      I enrolled in this bootcamp because I wanted to insert myself in the German job market as soon and as successfully as possible; coming from another country (Mexico) and having an unfinished bachelor, I felt in need of guidance throughout the process. Thankfully my advisor at the Job Federal Ministry pointed WBS Coding School to me.

The curriculum itself is ambitious and extensive but provides a rich overview of both the software development industry as a whole and Javascript-based environments in particular.  The fact that it's structured as an hybrid bootcamp (12 weeks online / 3 weeks on-campus) really help me progressively integrate it in my life, also, the 15-week duration was key in my decision as most bootcamps are just 9 weeks long and I thought it wouldn't be enough for me.

The lead and junior instructors are really patient, knowledgeable and give their everything for you to understand the topics at hand. The staff is amazing and always welcoming. The job support is equally good workshops, guest speakers and personalized coaching.

Finally, but definitely the most enjoyable part of this journey: you'll meet amazing people. I had the fortune of having amazing classmates from different cultural and academic backgrounds, that fostered a really ideas-rich environments in which to thrive, and you can always count of them to help you through. After or 3 weeks in Berlin, I believe we ended up as friends for life, and I'm really looking forward to future collaborations with any of them!
    • From zero to hero!
      - 7/16/2020
      Btissam Asbai • Applicant
      I started this bootcamp with especially a lot of confusion about coding. All these youtube videos, mini bootcamps etc really made me feel like the dumbest person ever.

While I was looking for a serious platform, I found out that at WBS school they were about to start with a Full Stack Web and App development boot camp. I previously did some other courses at WBS and they are really really good. So I went for the Coding Bootcamp with almost zero knowledge.

The course is fast paced but the teachers are incredibly patient! They make sure you keep up and they have for every student an approach that suits them best. I never knew that I would be capable of learning and creating so much awesome stuff, just in 12 weeks!!

The highlight and the biggest advantage that WBS Codingschool offers is definitely the last 3 weeks on Campus!! No other school offers a real life experience like this!! Being in a fancy „Vegetarian-hotel„ for 3 weeks, with your classmates, teacher and coaches for 3 weeks working on your final project, that is just awesome!! The team spirit, the live-coaching, your teacher and other teachers available on site to help you in every step of the way; that is priceless!!!

I made friends for life, created awesome apps and am much more confident about my capabilities.

And as cherry on the cake, I landed a job one week before end of the course.

I can only recommend!
    • Greg • Full stack Developer • Graduate
      First thing you must learn reading this review, is that after studying in  WBS coding school  your life will change and you can’t live without coding afterwards.
      I had an amazing opportunity to study there. I learned much more, than coding during 15 weeks.
      The teaching staff, structure of the lessons, career services and also the atmosphere !
      Everything was perfect for studying.
      And now I am a Full Stack developer starting a new career in IT world.
      My recommendation is 10/10.

• The best bootcamp
      - 6/16/2020
      Giorgi Shakiashvili • Graduate
      I have taken the 15-week long course with WBS Coding School and I'm super excited to be one of the early graduates from that school. I have learned a lot of new things for my whole life and obtained essential tech knowledge and skills as a full-stack developer thanks to the well-designed curriculum and highly professional staff at the school. You are highly encouraged to go through this perfect experience!
       I chose WBS Coding School because of its hybrids format (12 weeks online, 3 weeks on-campus). I think it's a great concept, and it worked practically as well. It meant that I could actually do the bootcamp at all, since I don't have the money to pay for housing in a city for 3 months like a lot of bootcamps want. For bootcamps like that, you really just get people who have the money. WBS also had a lot of funding options through partners and the Agentur für Arbeit here in Germany, which is how I think a lot of people paid for the bootcamp.

The staff takes feedback very gracefully, and is very quick to react to suggestions or complaints. I always felt that I could give my criticism/feedback to basically any staff member, and I felt that they really listened. The community manager in particular was incredibly sensitive and really listened and took action on a lot of things. The career services at the school are also great, and I felt really supported. The on-campus portion of the course is also fun, the food is great, the housing is clean and private, and you can really focus on your projects.

The platform that the school built for the materials is easy to navigate, and felt like a good homebase. I also really loved our teacher, and felt like we really learned a good mindset for going forward. That said, the curriculum definitely needs improvements. The tech stack they've chosen is great and very modern, but the lectures and exercises leave something to be desired. They may fix this by the time I've written this, but it's worth saying that if you do this bootcamp, learn the basics of HTML/CSS/JavaScript really well, and take time outside of class to learn the concepts, otherwise you will be stressed most of the time. That all said, I definitely feel like we learned the concepts and were thrown into realistic situations to force us to learn and grow.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this bootcamp and absolutely feel like it was worth my time and effort.
    • Great Bootcamp!
      - 9/28/2020
      I really learned a lot in ths bootcamp. It was, orcourse, intense and exhausting but for all the right reasons.
      Going from knowing nothing to creating full fletched useful webapps in 15 weeks, I honestly though that was too good to be true. But yet, here I am.
      And I love the Demo Day. It's so nice to have a chance to show off your hard work to friends and family - as well as recruiters. But I also really like that I can see what new student are doing. It's just a lovely way to stay connected.