flatiron-school-logo

Flatiron School

Austin, Chicago, Denver, Houston, New York City, Online, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington

Flatiron School

Flatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, and cybersecurity in NYC, San Francisco, Washington DC, Houston, Austin, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, and Online. Flatiron School’s immersive courses aim to launch students into fulfilling careers as software engineers, and data scientists through rigorous, market-aligned curricula, and the support of seasoned instructors and personal career coaches. Through test-driven labs and portfolio projects, Flatiron School teaches students to think and build like software engineers and data scientists.

To apply, applicants must submit a written application about why they want to join Flatiron School, take part in an interview with an admissions advisor, learn some basic skills, and discuss it with an instructor. Flatiron is looking for people with passion and aptitude and aims to admit people with a variety of backgrounds. Flatiron School also offers several free introductory courses, including a How to Land a Job in Tech Career Prep Curriculum, Coding Bootcamp Prep, Data Science Bootcamp Prep, and Hacking 101 Cybersecurity Bootcamp Prep.

Flatiron School’s Career Services team provides weekly 1:1 career coaching sessions, mock interviews, and access to employer partnerships to help students launch lifelong careers in tech.

Flatiron School also powers the Access Scholarship investing $1.5 million into the futures of more than 500 students across all our campuses and online courses in 2020. The Scholarship opens doors for aspiring innovators who may have experienced barriers to education and lets students enroll for $0 upfront. To increase diversity in its programs, Flatiron School has awarded over $10 million in scholarships for women, minorities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups in tech.

Flatiron School was one of the first bootcamps in the industry to publish outcomes, backing its 93% employment rate for job-seeking on-campus and online graduates included in the 2019 Jobs Report including full-time salaried roles, full-time contract, internship, apprenticeship, and freelance roles, and part-time roles during the reporting period. Read their full independently-verified jobs reports at flatironschool.com/outcomes.

Recent Flatiron School Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (468) reviews for Flatiron School →

Recent Flatiron School News

Read all (145) articles about Flatiron School →
  • Cybersecurity Analytics Immersive

LocationNew York City, Washington
    Over 12 intense weeks on campus at Flatiron School, our Cybersecurity Analytics curriculum will prepare you to handle rapidly-advancing threats. You’ll set traps and catch threat actors with our real-world lab environments paired with industry-grade curriculum. You’ll learn the analytical skills needed to stand out from the competition. Our Cybersecurity Analytics program includes 8 foundational courses designed to prepare you for success in the cybersecurity industry.
    DepositYes
    Financing options available in select states.
    Lending partners available, including SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location: NYC $17,000, DC $15,000
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous cybersecurity analytics experience is required.
  • Cybersecurity Engineering Immersive

LocationNew York City, Washington
    Our 15-week Cybersecurity Engineering program will teach you real skills using real tools, including our custom-built ‘Cyber Range’ lab environment. Thanks to our proven, employer-oriented curriculum, you’ll graduate prepared for a range of vital tier 1+ cybersecurity roles — like security engineer or penetration tester — in months, instead of years.
    DepositYes
    Financing options available in select states. Lending partners available, including SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location: NYC $20,000, DC $18,000
    ScholarshipContact admissions@flatironschool.com to learn about current opportunities.
    Minimum Skill LevelSome knowledge of programming languages, as well as a familiarity with Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems, will help with this program
  • Data Science Immersive

Data Science, Git, R, JavaScript, jQuery, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
    LocationSan Francisco, Chicago, New York City, Seattle, Washington
    The Data Science Immersive provides students with the knowledge, skills, and experience to get a job as a data scientist – which requires a mix of software engineering, statistical understanding, and the ability to apply both skills in new and challenging domains. The program will teach students to gather data, apply statistical analysis to answer questions with that data, and make their insights and information as actionable as possible. Our pedagogy ensures not only job readiness for today’s market, but the aptitude and skills to keep learning and stay relevant. At Flatiron School, students learn by building. Students will come away with an advanced Portfolio Project to demonstrate their technical proficiency and creativity to current or future job managers and hiring leads. Our course dedicates three weeks towards completion of a large-scale data science and machine learning project where students work in groups of two. The project provides an in-depth opportunity for students to demonstrate their learning accomplishments and get a feel for what working a large-scale data science project is really like.
    DepositYes
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location: NYC and SF: $17,000; Chicago, Houston, Seattle: $15,000;
    ScholarshipVisit flatironschool.com/scholarships to learn about current scholarship opportunities.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous coding experience is required, but we encourage all applicants to start learning through Flatiron School’s free Data Science Bootcamp Prep course.
  • Online Cybersecurity Analytics

In as little as 16 weeks at Flatiron School, our Cybersecurity Analytics curriculum will prepare you to handle rapidly-advancing threats. You’ll set traps and catch threat actors with our real-world lab environments paired with the industry-grade curriculum. You’ll learn the analytical skills needed to stand out from the competition. Our Cybersecurity Analytics program includes 8 foundational courses designed to prepare you for success in the cybersecurity industry.
    DepositYes
    ISAs and financing options available in select states. Lending partners available, including SkillsFund and Climb Credit.
    Tuition PlansFull-Time Course: $15,000 Part-Time Course: $15,000
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous cybersecurity analytics experience is required.
    Prep WorkOptional
  • Online Data Science Immersive

With more than 650% job growth since 2012, data science has catapulted to be among tech’s fastest-growing and most sought-after fields. This program will provide students with the knowledge, skills, and experience to get a job as a data scientist – which requires a mix of software engineering, statistical understanding, and the ability to apply both skills in new and challenging domains. Students will learn how to gather data, apply statistical analysis to answer questions with that data, and make their insights and information as actionable as possible. Our pedagogy ensures not only job readiness for today’s market, but the aptitude and skills to keep learning and stay relevant. The course is available in full-time, part-time, and self-paced formats.
    Tuition PlansTuition varies across three course pacing options: Full-Time Course: $15,000 Part-Time Course: $15,000 Self-Paced Course: $9,600
  • Online Software Engineering Immersive

Flatiron School’s proven Full Stack Web Development Curriculum is at the heart of our instructor-led Online Software Engineering Immersive. This rigorous course of study prepares you for a career in web development through 800 hours of challenging but rewarding coursework, providing you with the skills and experience necessary to obtain and excel in an entry-level software development job. While the bulk of the material covered encompasses the Ruby and JavaScript ecosystems, we carefully designed this curriculum to teach you to think—and build—like a software engineer, independent of any specific language. By the completion of Online Software Engineering Immersive, you’ll have done much more than build your technical skills: you’ll have maintained a technical blog to show you can credibly talk tech; you’ll have become a part of your local developer community; you’ll have amassed an impressive portfolio of unique, functional web applications that show employers your programming abilities in action. With Full-Time, Part-Time, and Self-Paced course options, the Online Software Engineering Immersive is designed to give you the perfect balance of flexibility and structure to ensure your success. The course is available in full-time, part-time, and self-paced formats.
    Tuition PlansTuition varies across three course pacing options: Full-Time Course: $15,000; Part-Time Course: $15,000; Self-Paced Course: $9,600
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous coding experience is required, but we encourage all applicants to start learning through Flatiron School’s free Coding Bootcamp Prep course.
  • Software Engineering Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, JavaScript, Sinatra, Rails, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End, Ruby, SQL
    LocationSan Francisco, Denver, Chicago, Austin, New York City, Seattle, Houston, Washington
    Being a software engineer requires more than knowing how to code or build a web app. Over 15 challenging weeks on Flatiron School’s campus, students learn to think, and build, like software engineers — from developing coding proficiency to gaining an understanding of how products are designed and managed. In each three-week curriculum module, students develop key skills through interactive labs, lectures, and close collaboration, showcasing progress through Portfolio Projects. While the bulk of the material covered encompasses the Ruby and JavaScript ecosystems, we carefully designed our curriculum to prepare students to launch software engineering careers, independent of any specific language or technology. By the completion of the program, students have done much more than simply build technical skills: they have maintained technical blogs to show they can credibly talk tech; they have become a part of the tech community; they have amassed an impressive portfolio of unique, functional web applications to show employers as they enter the job-search phase with the support of our Career Services team.
    DepositYes
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location: Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Seattle, Washington, DC: $15,000 NYC and SF: $17,000
  • Jessie Huff  User Photo
    Jessie Huff • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did the online Full Stack Web Development program at the Flatiron School, and like any online program, it had its positives and negatives. On the positive side, I do think that the school and the instructors genuinely care about the students and helping them as much as possible. The focus on labs, projects, and practical application was a good approach though I'm sure that there are ways to improve the currculum which I believe they regularly do. While taking the course, they released a number of additonal lessons, edited lessons, etc. It felt like they were constantly trying to stay current and improve what was there. Getting help on the labs were relatively easy through the "Ask a Question" portal, and they did their best to encourage collaboration and helping others. The projects they had me do were immensely helpful in actually understanding the concepts, and they gave me a great portfolio to use when looking for a job. Employers constantly asked about these projects, and they made me feel more confident in my abilities.

However, like other students have already said, it is what you make of it, especially with online programs. It is self taught and self led so that has its own set of challenges. You definitely have to be self motivated so if that is something that you struggle with, you may want to do an in-person class setting. Another area of weakness they had was support for the projects which I've actually talked with them about in trying to improve for the future. When I went through the program, there was only one instructor for each section project so one person had to handle anyone who was currently working on that project which made it nearly impossible to get much help from them during the project. Some instructors were extremely helpful, and I had one that was borderline nonexistent in terms of responsiveness. Hopefully they'll fix that in the future and make it a little easier to get help when that channel fails during projects. There were study groups that we could attend, but they were meant to be led by students' questions and sometimes that was a struggle (sometimes we didn't know what questions to ask- we just weren't as comfortable with that particularly subject material). I do think they've been extremely open to feedback though, and I've had multiple people talk to me about how they can improve and how Flatiron can improve.

In terms of after the course, I thought my career coach was excellent. The coaching I got completely changed my perspective on networking, and I just had a coworker call me a "master networker" because of the things I did with Flatiron after graduation. I was always open with my coach about the ups and downs of job hunting, and I really feel like I was given the push I needed to put in the work and find an absolutely incredible job. (They also helped me draft anything I was nervous about sending ahead of time, and they help you practice with mock interviews.) Some days I can't believe that I work where I do, and I wouldn't be here without Flatiron so I'm pretty grateful. I don't know if you'd get quite as lucky as I did with my awesome career coach, but when my first coach ended up leaving (her husband got a job across the country), my next coach was just as great so I'm pretty confident that they have incredible career coaches if you're willing to work with them and be open.

Overall, the program has its ups and downs, but it led me to where I am now, so for that, I'm really grateful that I went to the Flatiron School.

• Sav  User Photo
    Sav • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I think that Flatiron School can be a great option for getting into Web Development. I did their self-paced online course and got a job within 2-3 months of graduation. The experience is probably very different if you are taking an in-person course, but as for the online course, it's what you make of it. When I took the course (I believe its different now), you paid monthly, so the faster you got through the course, the less money you paid. This was very motivating for me, I was able to finish in just under 4 months, but I was easily studying 50 hours a week. With the new system, you will pay more, but you also might not have as much pressure to rush through things and may take a bit more time to dig into certain topics.

All-in-all, I think I made a great decision. With scholarships, I was able to finish in >4 months and pay >$3000. I've been at my job now for about 2 months working mainly in php but also some javascript and although there are plenty of times where I have no clue what I'm doing, I think that's just part of being a web developer and I now have the skills to figure out how to do these things on my own.

• Cory Bergquist  User Photo
    Cory Bergquist • Associate • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently completed the Full Stack Web Developer program at Flatiron School (completed in Oct of 2018), I took the course online using the self guided option. This allowed me to do as much or as little as I wanted every day, which turned out to be perfect for me. The online course is definitely a very self driven course, so if you have trouble motivating yourself, you might benefit from connecting with other students in the Slack channel, which is usually pretty active. I really enjoyed the self guided option because I had set a deadline of my own, and was able to keep a quick pace.

I agree with others that the lessons at the beginning of the course (Ruby) are more in depth and fully explained compared to the ending lessons on React and Redux. Having said that, keep in mind that technologies are always changing, so the lessons will always change, and nothing is perfect. If you're having trouble, sometimes you have to take the extra step and watch some extra tutorials, or reach out to other students and coaches on Slack. There's almost always someone willing to help you out. After a bit of struggle, at the end of the React section, I definitely felt like I could make a fully functioning website with relative ease.

Entering the job search portion of the program, I was pleasantly surprised by a couple things. The time spent correctly setting up your Linkedin profile, github profile, personal blog, and resume was really great. While I was applying, I looked over some other Linkedin profiles of people who had completed bootcamps similar to Flatiron, but they lacked a bit of professionalism and didn't seem very thurough. I felt like Flatiron helped me present myself in a very professional way, and I think that helped me stand out. I was also able to email my coach while I was negotiating my salary with a potential employer, and they were able to give me fantastic advice on how to handle it the entire way through. I will say that they sort of breeze over applying to companies online and almost discourage you from doing it. I agree that most of the time your resume will be passed over, but after talking to a few recruiters I learned how to make a resume that would be more search-friendly for big companies and ended up getting a decent amount of responses that way.

In the end, I ended up getting a job with a company that I was referred to by Flatiron, so I feel like it was 100% worth my money and my time.

• Lisa Lee  User Photo
    Lisa Lee • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

In terms of what the program was supposed to do, I am technically a success. I left my job, learned web development (including React and Redux), and got a well-paying job as a software engineer at a tech company. But I wish I had paid more attention to some of the critical reviews.

I did the online program, where it's self-paced. At least in this program, learning is VERY self-driven. Everything is taught through the Flatiron "Learn" portal, which is sometimes buggy. I've definitely had occasions where I spent an hour coding in the editor and was almost about to submit when it froze and lost all my work. Lessons, as I progressed, became harder to understand, mainly because they were more poorly written. The lessons on Ruby were probably the best out of all of them, given that they were the oldest and most groomed. On the other hand, the ones on CSS, React, and Redux honestly felt laughable given how sparse they were.

For the projects, there's no real standard for quality. I put in a lot of work to make ambitious projects with pretty web design so they would actually look good on my resume. But looking at other students' work, I saw most people just did the bare minimum to pass the project requirements. I didn't feel like there was any incentive for people to try and become "great" web developers with projects they could be proud of.

During the program, I had a friend who went to another intensive bootcamp (which I won't name). But he gave me access to his school's portal, and I did the majority of their workshops. Honestly, the difference in quality was staggering. Their information was much more so up-to-date and their approach to web development so much more engaging and serious. I learned about websockets, cyper security, flexbox, etc., all things I felt like my curriculum shorted me of.

Lastly, the job assistance was fine. They did connect me with 1-2 interviews a week. But the final lessons were just a couple of paragraphs about Big O notation and binary trees. I don't think they drilled to the students how much they need to study and practice algorithms to do well on any of the interviews. Putting this all together, it makes sense that the students aren't doing as well as comparable bootcamp grads. The school doesn't treat its students like serious software engineers, and I do feel like between all the self-studying and catching up to other bootcamp and C.S. grads (if they even know to do this), Flatiron students definitely start out at a disadvantage.

Response From: Rebekah Rombom of Flatiron School
    Title: GM of Online Programs
    Tuesday, Apr 16 2019
    Hi Lisa - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take this feedback incredibly seriously, and while we're thrilled you got a great job, we’re sorry your experience hasn’t been what you expected. That's not what we want for any student.

We're incredibly proud of our grads and our outcomes, but are always striving to make Flatiron School even better. As we do, we'll be referring to this feedback. If you'd like to speak directly or in any more detail, please always feel free to e-mail me directly at rebekah@flatironschool.com

Rebekah Rombom, GM of Online Programs
  • Scott Waring  User Photo
    Scott Waring • Junior Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I attended Flatiron School's Access Labs program in Brooklyn, and graduated this past January. Since then I have been hired as Junior Frontend Developer, and I can say that it was the absolutely right decision to attend Flatiron.

I was very unsure how their reputation stacked up in the real world and what the quality of the education was. I looked into App Academy, and Fullstack as well, and was accepted at Fullstack, (I didnt apply to App Academy). Ulitimately I choose Flatiron because the timing of the cohort was better for me, and the finiancing option with the Access Labs program is awesome. I currently work with App Academy graduates and they are all top notch, and know other people who are Fullstack graduates that are excellent programmers too.

I didnt find the bootcamp expierence to be crazy overwhemling, its hard work for sure, but if you have a mature attitude and work ethic you'll be fine. Flatiron will teach you how to code, how to build applications, provide a working understanding of how code operates and how the frameworks and languages communicate with each other. If you choose not to do the hard work, you'll still probably graduate but you've just cheated yourself. Like anything in life you get out of it what you put in, and Flatiron has a ton of resources for those who engage and want to learn. Flatiron does an excellent job of helping their students develop their soft skills too, and they offer talks and work shops with working developers.

When you graduate you'll still have a lot of knowledge to fill in, data types, and algorithms, CS concepts etc. You need to do the work and learn this stuff.

Flatiron has a robust career staffing team that actively engage and assist their graduates find jobs, lifetime career coaching support, job fairs, mock tech interviews, and more. This aspect of the school can not be understated, they offer a lot of job hunting support.

The teaching assistants are excellent, and extremely helpful, the teachers for the most part are senior devs that have switched to teaching.

Flatiron can improve by implementing more code reviews of student projects, and by having stricter requirements for passing course sections. I saw some students that would have benefitted from more focused support from the teaching staff but instead were passed to advanced sections with out fulling grasping the concepts. IF you as a student feel like you are falling behind you need to take the initiative to get the help you need.

All in all I very very happy with my decision to attend Flatiron, I now have the best job Ive ever had.

• Justin  User Photo
    Justin • software engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Speaking as a graduate, this is an outstanding coding bootcamp for several reasons:

1) Their full stack web development curriculum gives you everything you need to make web apps on both the front and backend. There are many other course choices but this is the one I completed.

2) The curriculum is test driven; you write code that passes automated tests just like a real developer does. This means you are really being trained to write good code. Furthermore, there are 5 projects to complete and you are given 30 minute assessments for each one with a trained developer. This prepares you for the real world and ensures that you *really* do know your stuff once you graduate.

3) You are given a lot of support. You can use the ask a question feature 16 hours a day (9 AM to 1 AM) and have technical coaches help you with your code. You also have a large Slack community and many study groups available. If you do in person immersive or the structured online track you get more support still.

4) You push all of your labs and projects to github so that you have a portfolio ready to show employers (plus, most employers also use github). Your credibility is thus greatly enhanced when it comes time to job hunt.

5) The job search assistance is second to none. You are assigned a career coach who teaches you specific skills such as networking, writing a resume, and preparing for interviews. You are given weekly check ins by your career coach. You have a huge network of business and graduates also helping you. Does all this work? You bet! Flatiron has the best independently verified job placement rate of all the bootcamps for a reason.

Personal anecdote: I started with zero programming experience, worked my tail off as a Flatiron student and graduate in 6 months, then worked for them part time as a technical coach, and just got a 73K job as a junior software engineer just 9 months after graduating!

This is an amazing place to learn to code and launch your career if you are willing to put the dedication in. Added bonus: you can do a lot of free labs they offer to see if it is really right for you.

• Mary  User Photo
    Mary • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I should start with the ol' bootcamp adage of "your outcome/success is dependent on you and what you put into the program" as that very much holds true to my experience with Flatiron.  I did the Online Immersive program and managed to land a dream job, but I also passed on the opportunity to qualify for the "Job Guarantee" so I could spend more time post-graduation learning and polishing my portfolio projects (to be eligible for the "job guarantee or your money back" part that they advertise you've got to keep up with a pretty rigorous job search program that many have mentioned is more exhausting than the course work).  I should mention that even though I voluntarily waived my right to the job guarantee, the school still happily provided me with career coaching services that were amazing and impactful in helping me land my first gig.

Here are my Pros and Cons for the program.

Pros:

-The program was flexible enough for a stay-at-home parent. This was the primary reason I chose Flatiron over other schools.

-Excellent Ruby curriculum.  Avi is a master at teaching and his methods are sound.  Every Ruby takehome test I did for a job interview was really well received and I credit the Flatiron curriculum for that.

-Excellent TAs. If you get stuck on a lab anytime between the early hours of the morning and late at night, there's going to be a TA to help you get unstuck. And if you need help with a project, you can schedule time with them, or bring your problem to one of the many weekly study groups.  Basically, if you need help you'll get it.  Also, most of the TA's are graduates and insanely smart, so I constantly went away from a TA session having more confidence in the program knowing the alumni were so competent.

-Excellent Career Coaches. My two coaches were tireless cheerleaders for me, helping me successfully self-promote and giving me confidence throughout the ups and downs of the job search.

-Excellent Instructors.  My interaction with my section leads was limited mostly to my project assessments, but there is an option to schedule office hours with them.  That being said, I learned quite a lot in each 1-hour assessment.

The Cons:

- The Javascript curriculum at the time that I was studying at Flatiron needed a reboot, and the React curriculum was still maturing.  If that's the still the case, I would highly recommend using Udemy courses to supplement your study.  If you feel like you're getting lost in those sections, you won't be alone.  It was a frequent complaint in the community slack channels.  That being said, the TA's and section leads are very competent in JS, so there's the option to lean on them a bit more.

-The Job Guarantee requirements are pretty insane, especially if you're a parent (I'm imagining impossible if you're a working parent).  Really really really check these out if you feel like you'll be reliant on it.

-I think at least one of the projects should have been a "group assignment" as I found many employers I interviewed with thought it was a negative that I hadn't worked in a collaborative environment with more complicated source control demands.  Flatiron could supplement this group project with more Github curriculum.

-----

Overall, I got exactly what I wanted out of the program, and my job offer pretty much exceeded the ROI I was hoping for, so I really can't complain. I'm very proud of being a Flatiron graduate, and I think this year you'll see the school make a bigger name for itself as it expands to new cities and as more graduates find jobs.  I know the month I got a job offer it was one of 60 offers extended to Flatiron grads (and in December, which tends to be slow for hiring).  That's a pretty impressive number.

If you're looking for a flexible online program with plenty of support, I'd highly recommend Flatiron.

• Amazing Experience
    - 1/23/2019
    Jesse  User Photo
    Jesse • Technical Apprentice • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I earned my BA in Computer Science, but I had a hard time applying my skills to real world scenarios.  After working in a non-technical setting for about a year, I jumped into learning web development. It was a lot of fun but with no real learning structure to guide me, so I felt like I was always jumping around. I decided to attend Flatiron, and it was a great experience. So much information is thrown at you, but the instructors and fellow students are there to help you.  I think that was the biggest takeaway from Flatiron, the culture they try to foster. Being able to go through a program that is this intense is easier to do when you have people around you trying to push you to be the best you can be.  I graduated in November, and now in January I have accepted an offer with Amazon. The offer was initally set up through Flatiron's Business Development team.  Roughly every three months, the school offers a career fair for qualifying students (you just have to complete some mock interviews and meet with your coach a few times). This was one of the most helpful experiences I went through while at Flatiron. Over the course of 4 days, I met with 5 companies that the BD team matched me with. It's a great opportunity to hone your interview skills and also nail in person interviews so you can proceed to next steps.  Overall, Flatiron was one of the best decisions I made for my career, and I strongly recommend the school to anyone looking to enter into Web Development.

• Life changing
    - 1/21/2019
    Tristram Jones  User Photo
    Tristram Jones • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Completing the Flatiron Web Dev Immersive course in NYC was one of the best commitments I've ever made. I'm from Utah and after researching bootcamp options decided on Flatiron and a few others. I had no coding background and barely passed the technical interview during the admissions process so the coursework was difficult. However, since I was committed to putting in 12-16 hours/day the material was certainly manageable. By the end of each 3-week module, I felt confident in the material we'd covered. The instructors were absolutely incredible. The quality of teaching surpassed anything I experienced in college. We had 1 instructor for only 1 week who didn't meet this standard, but every other instructor was highly skilled. After a little less than 3 months I got my first (and only) offer and accepted immediately. The pay and growth potential were both outstanding. The job market in Salt Lake City is competitive and I ended up at a startup with a promising future. I couldn't be happier. More than all of that, though, I now have a highly marketable skill that allows me to build and create meaningful things.

• Lou  User Photo
    Lou • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Flatiron School was a once in a lifetime experience that changed my life. I challenged myself everyday and met a ton of ambitious and intelligent individuals (instructors, mentors and classmates) who I now call friends and most importantly, I walked away with a profoundly valuable skill: the ability to turn ideas into reality through programming.

I WORKED EXTREMELY HARD AND WAS CHALLENGED!!!

On average, I spent 10–16 hours a day (~75–80 hours/week, including weekends) dedicated to code. I sat in lectures, watched lecture videos and programming videos, worked on labs, wrote blog posts, and built my own projects. Many times during the week I still found myself on campus past 12AM and during the final weeks of Flatiron School in building my final portfolio project, I still found myself on campus past 2AM especially on the weekends. And honestly the only reason why I didn’t stay later was the support of my family, friends and instructors who requested that I take care of my health and not burn out (seriously take care of your health…). But when I got home, I still wrote code. Truth be told, no one should ever tell you that programming is easy because it isn’t. It’s very invigorating and challenging; like really hard. It’s mind-bending work and you constantly have to hold a million different puzzle pieces in your brain in order to solve the problem. There will be days where I go to bed thinking about how to solve the problem and feeling defeated while other days where I felt like I was the champion of the world. Programming, with its instant feedback loop, will constantly play with your emotions. But when things click and you “figure” it out, you will feel a sense of accomplishment like no other. It really is ADDICTING.

The instructors at Flatiron School were all absolutely phenomenal; highly intelligent, humble and experienced individuals who genuinely want you to succeed and do well. Up to this day they still reach out to me and check up on me to make sure that I am doing well and very excited for me when I chose the software engineer role that I wanted.

The career services at Flatiron School stand out among any other Bootcamps in the world and work hard to get you leads and interviews and the job that you want!

• Daniel Brazel  User Photo
    Daniel Brazel • Fullstack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I graduated from Flatiron School's immersive Web Development program in 2018. It is a great place to learn. The staff is committed to your success and even after graudation there is plenty of support to help you find a job. The best part of Flatiron is the community you build with both students and staff (a lot of the staff are former students). Most classes build really strong bonds that continue even after graduation. Additionally Career Services does an amazing job and can help connect you to companies.

• Justin  User Photo
    Justin • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Overall wonderful experience. I came to Flatiron as a recent college graduate with a CS degree, so I had a certain expectation with programming classes. I was pleasantly surprised by my experience at Flatiron. They have a great community where everyone is helping each other out. I did take issue with one instructor who wasn't as engaged with my class as the other instructors were, but they were all extremely helpful and approachable. The only main problem I had was with career services. Although I appreciated all of the tools they provided to help me look for a job, I felt once I received my first job offer, the school pushed me towards taking it just so they could add me to their jobs report. I could be pessimistic but it left a sour taste in my mouth. I would still recommend the course to anyone because of how much you learn in such a short period of time. Just be wary of their career services once you start looking for a job.

Flatiron School Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Flatiron School, 99% graduated. 84% of graduates were job-seeking and 91% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $74,447. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 205 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Flatiron School is one of the first bootcamps to produce an independently audited jobs report actually verifying we achieved the results we do. We have independently examined reports for both the Online and NYC programs.
You can download the reports here