digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Augusta, Austin, Baton Rouge, Billings, Brooklyn, Charleston, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Durham, Fort Worth, Greensboro, Houston, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kennesaw, Manchester, Missoula, Nashville, Newark, New Orleans, New York City, Online, Phoenix, Raleigh, Richmond, San Antonio, Savannah, Seattle, Shreveport, St. Louis, Tampa, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts is an online and on-site school offering full-time and part-time software development bootcamps. Online classes are streamed in real time with live instruction creating a collaborative learning environment for all students. On-site campuses in Atlanta, Houston, Tampa, and Seattle are open to local students who wish to learn with on-site Teaching Assistants and a community of peers. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive learning experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts are their Electives, a variety of complimentary remote workshops and technical talks exclusively available to students and alumni as continuing education.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional software engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." Additionally, students receive resume, portfolio and interview guidance preparing each student for the job search upon graduation. The admissions process consists of an online application, coding exercise, and admissions meeting. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students. DigitalCrafts $1MM "You Belong in Tech" Scholarship Fund provides automatic scholarships to underrepresented people in tech.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.87

all (231) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (35) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date December 8, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a scholarship to attend our Immersive or Flex programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    December 8, 2020 - Online
    December 8, 2020 - Houston
    December 8, 2020 - Atlanta
    December 8, 2020 - Tampa
    December 8, 2020 - Tampa
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, SQL, Python
    Start Date December 7, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Tampa
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    December 7, 2020 - Houston
    December 7, 2020 - Tampa
    December 7, 2020 - Atlanta
    December 7, 2020 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    Start Date December 8, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    Delivered live online, the 26-Week Online Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Online Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place Tuesday & Thursday evening and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    December 8, 2020 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

Start Date December 7, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    Delivered live online, this 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront or finance tuition through Sallie Mae
    December 7, 2020 - Online
  • Enterprise Training & Workshops

LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    DigitalCrafts designs, builds, and executes custom enterprise training and workshops for select clients and individuals across the globe. These custom programs are built from scratch based on our client's needs which can vary across software engineering, mobile development, automated testing, and DevOps. These courses are not open to the general public and are only reserved for full-time employees of our clients. DigitalCrafts has executed software development training programs for clients like Microsoft, ExxonMobil, Capgemini, and Chick-fil-A to name a few.
    DepositNot applicable
    Not applicable
    Tuition PlansEmail hello@digitalcrafts.com for to schedule a call.
    Refund / GuaranteeNot applicable
    ScholarshipNot applicable

• David Cuero  User Photo
    David Cuero • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Prior to attending Digital Crafts, I had very little programming experience. You get what you put into it but for me it was worth every penny. I attended the from March until July 2020. 16 weeks is not a long time and I find that a bootcamp is best for structure, networking, building projects that will ultimately help you in landing a job.
    This program is not for thoroughly understanding algorithms, data structures or OOP concepts. It’s more hands-on getting you to build code rather than learning Computer Science concepts.
    Honestly, the material I learn at DC was not unique, I was told many times by different people that I could learn everything I learned at the cohort at home, which ironically due to the COVID-19 pandemic I did but through remote learning at Digital Crafts.
    The difference between self-learning online and attending Digital Crafts was structure, accountability and my fellow builders in the cohort. Assignments and projects have due dates, you must work in teams for projects and there is a sense of camaraderie. All these things kept me on track and responsible, an element that is missing from self-learning (depending on the person).
    Boot camps take a lot of commitment. If you’re thinking Digital Crafts does everything, they don’t. They give you tools to be successful; they offer you all the help you could want and more. Class starts at 9am but class does not end at 4pm. You must commit to reading, practicing and watch videos. Take other tutorials to find a way to understand what you have learned. Otherwise, you’re cheating yourself.
    Class is fast paced; you get 1-2 days on a topic and then you move on to the next. To be successful I would suggest using google and stack overflow, these will be invaluable as you go along in the cohort.
    The Instructor (Azam) was very personable and full of knowledge but he was also a real person. He let us know as developers you won't know everything; it's almost impossible to. You will experience Imposter Syndrome, and eventually you'll get over it. It's normal.
    Even today I'm still googling, still asking questions on Stack overflow and I'm researching new technologies.
    Digital Crafts will teach you how to code, how to interact with other developers and most importantly network. Something learning online for free can’t provide to you.

Thursday, Jul 23 2020
    Hi David, thanks for leaving a review! You're right that you get out of a bootcamp what you put into it. We can see that you've taken that message to heart, and it shows in the way you're taking initiative to keep learning, asking questions and networking. We're excited about what the future holds for you!
  • Ryan Schniederjan  User Photo
    Ryan Schniederjan • Junior Full-Stack Developer, DiR • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The might be a little misleading, cause I have very positive praise for DigitalCrafts and the BootCamp style of learning.  So let's dive in.
    Let's start with me.  I am a career medical professional with 16 years of practice.  I had tinkered around with coding, mostly just HTML and CSS, but decided it was time to expand this knowledge and take on the challenge of doing Full-Stack Development.  After all, it couldn't be as difficult as my medical training, right?  WRONG!  Learning this stuff was more difficult.  Mostly because YOU CAN'T JUST MEMORIZE IT!  There is just too much.  And it changes all the time.  In fact, right in the middle of us learning React, Facebook issued an update that forced our instructor to jump to teaching us React Hooks 3 days early!
    However, I did change how I would study and learn and was able to grasp the concepts needed.  And remember, it is a BootCamp, so be fully prepared to learn at warp speed!

Now for DigitalCrafts.  I researched the other programs available and I choose DC 1) because they had a campus in Houston, where I am, and 2) because their curriculum seemed to be broader and covered more languages and frameworks that I had heard were more relevant in the workforce.
    I am glad I choose DC and when I choose to do it.  Our Cohort was totally online due to COVID-19.  And yes, we were on Zoom for 6+ hours every day and had to have our camera's on.  While this might not sound too appealing, I have to say that I wouldn't want it any other way.  I feel that this made us better problem solvers because if anyone was having an issue, they could share their screen and we all could debug as a class.
    Our instructor was very skilled at full-stack development.  He was very funny and kept the fast-paced learning light, which made it easier to grasp.  The admin staff, career services, and DiR's were also top-notch.  They were all very helpful and really cared about our education and our success.

Yes, this was drinking water from a fire hose.  But I feel that DigitalCrafts was the best choice for me.  I gained new skills and also many new friends.  I feel I was prepared for the workforce and can integrate into any area of development, including, Frontend, Backend, or Full-stack.  And if I can do it coming from a medical background, anyone can do it!

• Matthew Everett  User Photo
    Matthew Everett • Backend Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    DigitalCrafts has excellent instructors and covers all the necessary languages and tools to set you up for a job in software development. Multiple projects through the cohort allow you to work with others and build out your portfolio to use when applying for jobs. Career assistance happens for a few days and helps to polish your resume, portfolio, and LinkedIn profile. Great staff overall make being a part of the program an awesome experience.
    Response From: Jake of DigitalCrafts
    Title: CEO
    Friday, Nov 20 2020
    Congrats on landing a job as a back-end developer! We are excited about your new opportunity at FraudScope, and we look forward to seeing you grow from there. See you around in the alumni community!
  • David Carlisle  User Photo
    David Carlisle • Full Stack Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a great experience with DigitalCrafts, my instructor, and the Developers In Residence (DIR)! They provided the instruction, support, and structure that I needed in order for me to learn software development in a very short period of time. Without DigitalCrafts, my coding skills would be beginner at best, but now I can create full stack website applications. Most importantly, I learned the theories that are common throughout every programming language. Hence, I can now figure out and learn new programming languages by drawing from the basic foundation that DigitalCrafts helped me create. Not only does DigitalCrafts teach you how to code, but they teach and encourage you to learn to code on your own.
  • David Foster  User Photo
    David Foster • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Digital Crafts was recommended to me by an acquaintance who happens to be an executive at an IT staffing company. I had been looking to make a career change and get into the web development/IT for several years but didn't really know how to start the learning process. I come from a technical theater as well as a learning & development background and knew that having a classroom environment would be critical to my success. After looking at a few other options, I applied to DC. Their admissions process includes an "interview" (I don't know if anyone actually ever fails the interview since it felt more like an information session) with one of their staff. I met with Jake Hadden, one of the co-founders, so that was kind of cool. The second piece of the admissions process is a coding challenge. Now I'm going to be completely honest and say that this felt more like a challenge to find the best place to copy/paste the answers to the problems, but once in the class, I discovered that learning how to Google and find answers to your challenges is a big part of becoming a Developer. So I guess they are helping you down that road early, but it still felt weird. Once accepted, you select your cohort date from the available classes and are given prework to complete. Let me just sat, complete as much of the prework as you possibly can! Now, they do go over everything that the prework covers, but because the class moves so quickly, having a base knowledge prior to class really helps to keep you from getting too overwhelmed too quickly. But don't worry, you'll feel overwhelmed anyway!

I choose to start in March which ended up being when COVID-19 forced everyone to stay at home so my desired classroom would now be a virtual environment. As it turns out, my class ended up being the first to go completely virtual. Let me just say that although I was initially hesitant, the staff did an amazing job of pivoting to using video classes! Of course, we were the guinea pigs, but they, particularly our instructors and DIRs (more on that in a moment) did a fabulous job of providing a great experience in an everchanging environment. Utilizing Zoom with breakout rooms used for personal assistance outside of the main "classroom,"  there would be a lecture and demonstration that students would be able to personally follow along to. Then deeper exercises would be given for us to work on individually. If you hit a wall, the instructor or a DIR (Developer in Residence, basically teaching assistants who are previous students) will work with you individually to help you solve your issue.  Our instructor was Lachlan and he was/is amazingly skilled at his craft and if he doesn't know an answer, can find it pretty quickly and shows you his process for that as a learning experience. That's as it turns out what the whole class is about; it's not so much about learning a particular language, it's about learning to "think like a Developer" and teach yourself how to solve your problem. As the class went on, they were very receptive to feedback regarding how the class was going and things that would help. They even implemented some of our suggestions with the cohort that started while ours was getting toward its end.

The curriculum is intense and extremely fast-paced. Just know that you will feel like you are running away from a tsunami the entire class. You aren't alone. Give yourself some time after class to work on projects and utilize the resources of the DIRs and your instructor as much as possible. They want you to succeed and know you feel like you are barely treading water! Part of the curriculum is personal career prep with resume' writing and portfolio site creation help. In fact, you can't graduate until they see you have a workable set of resources to begin your job hunt.

They are holding all of their classes online now, and the experience is great. If you want a great school with a wonderful support staff, Digital Crafts is a great place to start your journey.
  • Would Recommend!
    - 8/6/2020
    Logan Blackstad  User Photo
    Logan Blackstad • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience at DigitalCrafts was everything I expected and more. I met go-getter collaborators in my cohort and obtained some great skills for a career change. I knew that I wanted to get into software development before starting the bootcamp and this program provided everyhting I needed to get the ball rolling. I am still currently looking for a job post-program. I would recommend the course to anyone who wants to learn to code and give it their all.
  • Nathan Orris  User Photo
    Nathan Orris • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I did a lot of research on different schools and coding bootcamps, I'm glad I settled with digitalcrafts. They are fully committed to assisting you along the journey of becoming a full stack developer and they do this in 16 weeks of coursework. The instructor is world-class the developers in residence wer wonderful and all the staff outside of the classroom we're beyond helpful. the amount of networking I have been able to do because of this school in such a short amount of time is unbelievable. I truly believe if you are around a campus you should definitely apply to go to the school, even if you aren't they offer it digitally. When I signed up it was for in-person Monday through Friday 9 to 5 however we all know the events going on in the world so that changed. With that said I am utterly amazed at their ability to structure a digital course out of what has always been in person with little to no notice at all. They pulled it off and I'm sure they had no planning for this I head of Time. Any school that can still deliver on their commitments after being thrown a blocker like that is a school worth going to.
  • Princeton  User Photo
    Princeton • Jr. Security Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    DC is one of the best decisions i've ever made. Everyone from the staff to the alumni is welcoming and helpful. Be ready to work hard from day one. This is not a cookie cutter tutorial. I am so glad I took this leap into tech it has changed my life.
  • K. Wiley  User Photo
    K. Wiley • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I enrolled in the DigitalCrafts Flex Program, I was a little apprehensive because I was new to coding and currently employed. I was worried about the time that would be needed to learn the DigitalCrafts coding curriculum. After signing up and starting the program, I soon realized that my instructors and the DigitalCrafts staff gave me so much support that it made going to school and keeping my job relatively easy. I'm now a recent grad of the DigitalCrafts program and I am looking forward to using my new skills in coding to start a software design career. Well worth it!
  • Amy R.  User Photo
    Amy R. • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    This is a difficult review to write, because COVID really wrecked things for everyone. I joined the immersive in-person cohort in Houston, and classes began at the end of March 2020. I learned a lot. I feel like I can really call myself a coder now, apply for positions, and contribute meaningfully toward projects. I am glad I went through this program. I made several friends and I am really a part of the developer community.

All that being said, so many things went wrong because of COVID. We could not attend classes in-person, which was about 80% of the reason I chose this bootcamp and quit my job to go with immersive. I wanted to be immersed! The building was modern and inspiring. I knew I needed that focus and that environment and the support of others. But because that didn't work out, we adapted. Instead, classes were held Monday-Friday on Zoom, with a lecture in the morning and exercises around noon.

DigitalCrafts did an amazing job keeping us all informed leading up to the beginning of classes. An email was sent out several weeks beforehand explaining that classes were moving online temporarily, and we had the contact information of the campus Operations Manager and CEO. They killed it, really. As we got closer to the start date, they kept us informed and updated and the process of getting everything started in this unexpected and new format was handled really well. We were informed throughout the weeks when the expected return to in-person classes would be, and when that was delayed.

My instructor was, obviously, meant to teach an immersive cohort where we would be together for hours on end and learning. Their teaching style just didn't translate well to the Zoom format. It was really hard for me to code along with the lecture. Some people were able to manage it, but I could never do it. I would miss some words, a line of code, a switch to another file. This killed my progress. The lectures were recorded and I was able to watch them later in the evening (they were posted automatically around 5pm). I would watch the lecture and code along, pausing and rewinding, coding, pausing, rewinding, etc. We had two teaching assistants (called DIRs) the whole time, and they were great about answering questions while we worked on exercises in the afternoon. The instructor was always available to come into the Zoom breakout rooms and assist, as well.

I wish I felt like I could leave a higher star rating, because I know DigitalCrafts did a lot to work with the hot mess that has been the past few months. For the amount of money I took out as a private student loan, however, I just can't say that I feel I got my money's worth. I took the loan out expecting an in-person immersive experience, and I definitely did not get that.

My advice would be: if you're comfortable doing all online classes, then this is a good bootcamp and you will be happy with your coding skills after attending. Make sure you know your learning style and that it will be a good fit with online classes. I do not think the price for in-person immersive and online immersive should be the same. They are vastly different experiences. I'm not able to say how things would have gone differently had we be able to attend in-person, but I've talked with several former students and they all had very good experiences. The feedback I always got was how much the camaraderie made an impact on their experience. The bonding through mutual suffering (because you are going to go on a roller coaster of stress and happiness and accomplishment and frustration) is a big part of being in a cohort.

If you are like me and need that in-person experience, I would advise you to wait until you feel safe going to in-person classes and then sign up for DigitalCrafts. I really wish things could have gone differently, but these 16 weeks have taught me so much about flexibility and perseverance. That has been a very valuable lesson in itself.
  • Zakaria  User Photo
    Zakaria • Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I really enjoyed my time learning at DigitalCrafts. I believe that the reason why they are rated so highly it's because they are very organized and they always excited for any kind of support.
    Thursday, Jul 23 2020
    Thank you for the feedback, Zakaria! We're glad you feel supported and want you to know that in addition to ongoing electives, you can reach out to our team for help with a current or future job search at any time.
  • Excellent
    - 6/19/2020
    Zach  User Photo
    Zach • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    DigitalCrafts was an excellent learning experience. It was a like drinking from a fire hose at times with they amount of new information you have to take in at once, but they maintained an emphasis on what will help you succeed at your first job. This is the highest praise I can give. Based on the skill I acquired at DigitalCrafts I was able to sit down at my new job and immediately contribute to the project in a meaningful way.
    Thursday, Jul 23 2020
    We appreciate your feedback! We work hard to give you the skills to hit the ground running at your first job, and we're so glad to hear that you're off to a great start.
  • Eddie  User Photo
    Eddie • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I graduated from DigitalCrafts over 2 years ago. My web development position was put on hold indefinitely as a result of the pandemic, and I reached out to Jake (CEO/Co-Founder) and Angela (Career Advisor). Within a day, I had multiple interviews, and a week later, I accepted a new position! I strongly recommend this program to anyone of any background.
    Response From: Jake Hadden of DigitalCrafts
    Title: CEO
    Friday, Jul 24 2020
    Thanks for the review! Also, congratulations on landing your new role at Flaire as a Software Engineer! We are glad we were able to help you quickly find a new opportunity in the Atlanta area, and the Student Success Team is always here to help if you need.

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 94% graduated. 75% of graduates were job-seeking and 80% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 133 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes include only students in the Full Stack Immersive program.

Note: Apprenticeships, internships and contract roles counted as a single pool. We do not collect data regarding short-term, part-time or freelance employment.