digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Online, Seattle, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts is an online and on-site school offering full-time and part-time software development bootcamps. Online classes are streamed in real time with live instruction creating a collaborative learning environment for all students. On-site campuses in Atlanta, Houston, Tampa, and Seattle are open to local students who wish to learn with on-site Teaching Assistants and a community of peers. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive learning experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts are their Electives, a variety of complimentary remote workshops and technical talks exclusively available to students and alumni as continuing education.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional software engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." Additionally, students receive resume, portfolio and interview guidance preparing each student for the job search upon graduation. The admissions process consists of an online application, coding exercise, and admissions meeting. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students. DigitalCrafts $1MM "You Belong in Tech" Scholarship Fund provides automatic scholarships to underrepresented people in tech.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.87

all (258) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (37) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date January 19, 2021
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a scholarship to attend our Immersive or Flex programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    January 19, 2021 - Atlanta
    March 16, 2021 - Online
    April 20, 2021 - Online
    May 18, 2021 - Online
    June 15, 2021 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, SQL, Python
    Start Date February 1, 2021
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Tampa
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    You may finance your tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. Learn more about tuition payment options on our website.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipYou Belong In Tech Scholarship: Automatic partial scholarships to Black, Latinx and women students. We also sponsor The Builder Scholarship, awarded by committee to builders with especially compelling stories, achievements and goals.
    February 1, 2021 - Houston
    March 8, 2021 - Atlanta
    April 5, 2021 - Atlanta
    May 3, 2021 - Atlanta
    June 1, 2021 - Atlanta
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    Start Date January 19, 2021
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    Delivered live online, the 26-Week Online Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Online Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place Tuesday & Thursday evening and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    January 19, 2021 - Online
    February 16, 2021 - Online
    March 16, 2021 - Online
    April 20, 2021 - Online
    May 18, 2021 - Online
    June 15, 2021 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

Start Date February 1, 2021
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    Delivered live online, this 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront or finance tuition through Sallie Mae
    February 1, 2021 - Online
    March 8, 2021 - Online
    April 5, 2021 - Online
    May 3, 2021 - Online
    June 1, 2021 - Online
  • Enterprise Training & Workshops

LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    DigitalCrafts designs, builds, and executes custom enterprise training and workshops for select clients and individuals across the globe. These custom programs are built from scratch based on our client's needs which can vary across software engineering, mobile development, automated testing, and DevOps. These courses are not open to the general public and are only reserved for full-time employees of our clients. DigitalCrafts has executed software development training programs for clients like Microsoft, ExxonMobil, Capgemini, and Chick-fil-A to name a few.
    DepositNot applicable
    Not applicable
    Tuition PlansEmail hello@digitalcrafts.com for to schedule a call.
    Refund / GuaranteeNot applicable
    ScholarshipNot applicable

• Pierson  User Photo
    Pierson • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before this course I had never written a line of code in my life. I quit my job to try and become a developer in only 16 weeks. Most people would consider me crazy and at times throughout the course, I’d think they might be right. Learning a new discipline is never easy, but DigitalCrafts gave me the confidence to tackle anything new, coding or otherwise. If a former marketer and designer can learn to code than anyone can and I truly believe my journey wouldn’t have been possible without the curriculum and people at DigitalCrafts. They recognize that you’re making a big career shift and the main focus of the course is to prepare you for a job as a developer. If you have the chance, take this course. You will not regret the decision.

• Jackson Godwin  User Photo
    Jackson Godwin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm a delighted recent graduate of DigitalCrafts (Dec 2020). I came away thoroughly pleased with my decision to attend DigitalCrafts for their full-time online immersive. 16 weeks of extremely fast language learning that was invigorating to say the least. Between the instructor assigned to my cohort, the career services experience, and the level of commitment to the learning outcome, I would say there is no way I made the wrong choice by picking DigitalCrafts to be my career launching service.

Classes were 16-weeks, Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm Eastern (hour break for lunch).

Our cohort's instructor was knowledgeable in all the different programming languages we covered, but more than that, he knew how to creatively integrate our ideas with the languages we were learning. There were numerous times where he got questioned on something that I thought for sure he never would've/should've experienced before, and yet, time and time again he delivered. Truly mind-blowing.

I would say one whole week was spent preparing us for the job hunt afterward. The career team spent a great deal of time not only with the group, but with each individual preparing and critiquing résumés, code portfolios, and mock interviews. And BTW....these are all required to be finished and polished up for your graduation certificate. The way the team walks you through all the steps about the "professional expectations" regarding these job-finding necessities, it's super easy to complete. All this will definitely get you a step ahead of the rest.

I personally did struggle with all the information and found myself in doubt of being able to finish the program. After having a sitdown with the Instructor he convinced me to stick it out, and I'm so glad he did. After that, unexpectedly, a services team member reached out to me and helped me get some direct help after hours that really helped me get over the hump. They also added on some more general help hours at night and on Saturdays that were a great help also.

The whole experience left me wanting more....and if DigitalsCrafts is offering.....I'll be there again.
  • Nina Kim  User Photo
    Nina Kim • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I just recently graduated from DigitalCrafts and I have so many amazing things to say about this coding boot camp! The first being, even during the pandemic, they were able to adjust and make online learning really easy and smooth. For those who do prefer coming onto campus, DigitalCrafts has an awesome space in Atlanta/Houston that provides students with a classroom vibe, including extra computer screens and cables. The instructors at DigitalCrafts are awesome, they have several years of coding under their belt, and they are extremely well knowledged of different coding languages and technologies. My questions were always answered and even during the confusing chapters, my instructor always took things slow and made sure we reviewed. My instructor provided us with outside resources to further our learning, which was always appreciated and helped so much.

The online classroom setting was professional and also, extremely fun - my classmates were awesome and during group projects, we definitely created many connections and friendships over the course of four months. My class consisted of fifteen students, which was great; each student received the one-on-one help they needed and my instructor ensured everyone was assisted. The classes also have teachers aids, which are students from previous cohorts that guide us - which was awesome, since they can understand our struggles and they lead Friday algorithm practices, which was always insightful for future job hunting.

The biggest reason I chose DigitalCrafts was because of their emphasis on career preparation, especially because many people who attend this coding boot camp are making career switches. The boot camp has graduation requirements, which include successfully completing all projects, including having a resume and portfolio. For each class, a student success advisor will be provided and mine was extremely kind and patient. The student success advisor always made time for me, helping me with resumes and portfolios - and we spent a whole week working to make sure we're prepared for when we begin applying.

In conclusion, DigitalCrafts is an amazing coding boot camp with a balanced curriculum, learning modern coding languages, and keeping up with today's technological field. I would highly recommend attending, whether you are a complete beginner or you have prior coding experience, you will definitely get back so much - don't hesitate, make the move!
  • Alison Manning  User Photo
    Alison Manning • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Hello! I just graduated from DigitalCrafts exactly one week ago. I absolutely recommend investing your time and education in DigitalCrafts for three main reasons. 1. You get 6 hours M-F with live lessons with your class. Why does this matter? A lot of other bootcamps expect you to complete a lot of coursework with your own resources and only offer short bits of class time. While you're learning in a live lesson you can ask questions at any time, benefit from questions your peers ask and also benefit from additional help from Teaching Assistants. 2. OFFICE HOURS. There are around 3 hours of office hours once class finishes. This is time where you can ask teaching assistants for help if you need more clarity on certain lessons or get help for a project. This is major because bootcamps are fast paced, when you're new to programming (me) its imperative to have extra resources. 3. The learning material is relevant to what employers are looking for. In my time job hunting so far, it seems like Javascript, React and git/github knowledge are essential to stand out and be what is most sought after. oh and BONUS, reason 4. Career services. In order to pass you need to have a portfolio website and resume that meet their standard. So many of us can be great programmers and still have a crappy resume. Angela will get you taken care of on that front 😎. All this to say,  I didn't know the first thing about programming and DigitalCrafts has helped me get to the point of creating an entire react e-commerce website on my own. 10/10. Do it.
  • Brittani Ericksen  User Photo
    Brittani Ericksen • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience at DigitalCrafts was wonderful. It's definitely not easy, and going in you should know that you will need to spend time outside of class coding to really get the most out of your time. My instructor and the developers in residence (teaching assistants) were very helpful, and never made you feel like you were asking a dumb question. DC also offers great career services. I looked at a lot of different coding bootcamps before deciding on DigitalCrafts, and I'm very glad I did.
  • Exceptional program
    - 12/14/2020
    Peter Nguyen  User Photo
    Peter Nguyen • Supply Chain Analyst I • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The team at Digital crafts were exceptional. They tailored the curriculum perfectly to what the company needed and were transparent on what the curriculum would and would not be cover. In developing the program, they made a concerted effort to address each and every one of our concerns and was executed very well. Michael Costner was essential to the success of the program and he performed beyond our expectations. He understood our work content and framed each of the exercises around that.
  • Richard Elmquist  User Photo
    Richard Elmquist • Director, Supply Chain Solutions • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    DigitalCrafts provided a two week training course tailored to Americold's supply chain solutions team.  The DigitalCrafts team spent weeks working directly with Americold's leadership team to build out training based on our newly built datalake on the AWS platform. All training used real life coding examples to pull information directly from the AWS platform.  By the end of the two week training,  each team member was able to successfully create outputs within minutes which took 3-4 days previously.  We plan to use DigitalCrafts in the future for futher training courses.
  • Pete L.  User Photo
    Pete L. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    A fast-paced course where you are constantly being challenged. The curriculum, instructors, and DiR's (teaching assistants) are all top-notch. The course was taught completely online, which can be a turn off for some, but I really enjoyed that type of learning environment. I would absolutely recommend DigitalCrafts to any friend looking to get started with coding.
  • Aliyah Gamble  User Photo
    Aliyah Gamble • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I attended DigitalCrafts for the 16 week immersive bootcamp on July 27th and ended on November 16th. To put it simply it was one of the best academic decisions I have made thus far. Being that I am a Senior in college, the experience was completely different in terms of the learning style and certain mechanisms used to understand what we were learning. However, that just made the experience of becoming a Software Engineer worth it. I can admit that it was not easy(I had never written a line of code before) yet, with the help of my instructor, classmates, and self determination; I made it! Through making it, DigitalCrafts reminded me how important it was to make connections with individuals-not just people, push myself beyond my limits, and know that if I ever needed any help they were just a slack message away. Oh and did I mention, this was completely remote!
    If you needed a sign this is it. Take that risk and invest in yourself. DigitalCrafts makes the transition and process worth it all!
  • GUOBIN YAN
    - 12/9/2020
    GUOBIN YAN  User Photo
    GUOBIN YAN • Manager, Supply Chain Solutions • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Mike taught a course was crafted to accommodate the need of our team after we moved forward with AWS as our internal database.  The course was tailored to students with different skill levels of SQL and Power BI.  I was significantly benefited from the trainings and Mike's teaching.  He was very patient and resourceful.  I would recommend DigitalCrafts as a Go-To training partner to other companies that look for improving their employees' skills with SQL and Power BI.
  • SQL Training
    - 12/9/2020
    Carrie   User Photo
    Carrie • Sr. Supply Chain Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have a great learning experience from this SQL course. The curriculum was tailored to my job needs and was designed at reasonable progress pace from basics to more advantaged tricks. The instructor Michael was well prepared, made himself available for questions and made sure everyone in the class understood the topics. He would walk down help debug whenever we had class exercises and needed help. The course was two days a week for two weeks and the learning was very efficient for the course duration that was relatively shorter compared to some other online courses. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their data analytics skills quickly from exploring SQL. Thank you DigitalCraft and my company who is willing to invest in their employee skills improvements.
  • Luke Brazil  User Photo
    Luke Brazil • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took the DC Immersive 4 month course. It is intense and can be nauseating at times. The amount of information learned in such a short period is incredible. My instructor was amazing and enjoyed every second of him. If you're looking for a bootcamp that gets you ready for a position, this is it.
  • Ryan Schniederjan  User Photo
    Ryan Schniederjan • Junior Full-Stack Developer, DiR • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The might be a little misleading, cause I have very positive praise for DigitalCrafts and the BootCamp style of learning.  So let's dive in.
    Let's start with me.  I am a career medical professional with 16 years of practice.  I had tinkered around with coding, mostly just HTML and CSS, but decided it was time to expand this knowledge and take on the challenge of doing Full-Stack Development.  After all, it couldn't be as difficult as my medical training, right?  WRONG!  Learning this stuff was more difficult.  Mostly because YOU CAN'T JUST MEMORIZE IT!  There is just too much.  And it changes all the time.  In fact, right in the middle of us learning React, Facebook issued an update that forced our instructor to jump to teaching us React Hooks 3 days early!
    However, I did change how I would study and learn and was able to grasp the concepts needed.  And remember, it is a BootCamp, so be fully prepared to learn at warp speed!

Now for DigitalCrafts.  I researched the other programs available and I choose DC 1) because they had a campus in Houston, where I am, and 2) because their curriculum seemed to be broader and covered more languages and frameworks that I had heard were more relevant in the workforce.
    I am glad I choose DC and when I choose to do it.  Our Cohort was totally online due to COVID-19.  And yes, we were on Zoom for 6+ hours every day and had to have our camera's on.  While this might not sound too appealing, I have to say that I wouldn't want it any other way.  I feel that this made us better problem solvers because if anyone was having an issue, they could share their screen and we all could debug as a class.
    Our instructor was very skilled at full-stack development.  He was very funny and kept the fast-paced learning light, which made it easier to grasp.  The admin staff, career services, and DiR's were also top-notch.  They were all very helpful and really cared about our education and our success.

Yes, this was drinking water from a fire hose.  But I feel that DigitalCrafts was the best choice for me.  I gained new skills and also many new friends.  I feel I was prepared for the workforce and can integrate into any area of development, including, Frontend, Backend, or Full-stack.  And if I can do it coming from a medical background, anyone can do it!

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 94% graduated. 75% of graduates were job-seeking and 80% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 133 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes include only students in the Full Stack Immersive program.

Note: Apprenticeships, internships and contract roles counted as a single pool. We do not collect data regarding short-term, part-time or freelance employment.