digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Kennesaw, Online, Seattle, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts offers a 16-week full-time and a 26-week part-time full-stack developer bootcamp in Atlanta and Houston. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive classroom experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts is their elective program, where students or alumni have access to a variety of workshops and presentations as an additional perk.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." In addition, students receive resume/portfolio guidance and a mock interview lesson. The admissions process consists of an online application, interview, and coding challenge. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (207) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (30) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date May 26, 2020
    LocationAtlanta, Houston
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more. PS - Our Kennesaw campus is launched in partnership with Kennesaw State University.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a scholarship to attend our Immersive or Flex programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    May 26, 2020 - Houston
    May 26, 2020 - Atlanta
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, SQL, Python
    Start Date June 1, 2020
    LocationAtlanta, Houston
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    June 1, 2020 - Atlanta
    August 17, 2020 - Atlanta
    October 19, 2020 - Atlanta
    June 1, 2020 - Houston
    August 17, 2020 - Houston
    October 19, 2020 - Houston
  • KSU Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date May 26, 2020
    LocationKennesaw
    Powered by DigitalCrafts, the Kennesaw State University CPE's 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is a part-time coding bootcamp program designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals who prefer longer but more flexible class hours. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & PostgreSQL, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. The DigitalCrafts' curriculum is proven and their alumni have gone on to work for companies like Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, and more.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a $1,000 scholarship to attend the Flex program as well as KSU staff, faculty and students.
    May 26, 2020 - Kennesaw
  • WWU Full Stack Flex (Part-Time) - Coming soon!

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, REST, SQL
    LocationSeattle
    Coming soon! Powered by DigitalCrafts, the Western Washington University Outreach & Continuing Education's 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is a part-time coding bootcamp program designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals who prefer longer but more flexible class hours. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & PostgreSQL, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. The DigitalCrafts' curriculum is proven and their alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, New York Times, Home Depot, Chick-fil-A, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae.

• Dan B • Graduate

It’s been a little over a month since I graduated from DigitalCrafts and I just landed my first developer position. I can definitely thank DigitalCrafts for that.

I decided to attend DigitalCrafts after visiting and interviewing with all the other major coding bootcamps in the Atlanta area.  I really liked the length of their program and the focus on Javascript and the MEAN stack.  I also liked that they were located in Atlanta Tech Village and I was able to mingle and network with the other startups in the building. Rob and Toby are both fantastic teachers who are extremely knowledgable and happy to work with you until you understand the concepts.  Max, Jake, and Natalie make you feel part of the family and do a great job coaching you and helping you with job placement.  By the end of the program I felt a real kinship with my classmates.  Everyone was happy to help one another whenever someone got stuck.

It was definitely challenging and a there was a ton of information to process but in the end it was certainly worth it.  I was in the process of selling my business and making a career change and after doing a bunch of research, coding bootcamp is what I settled on.  Going the route of a CS degree or teaching myself seemed like it would take too long.  I am very happy with my decision and would recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone considering going to a coding bootcamp.

• Great Program
    - 11/18/2016
    David P. • Student

I just recently finished up my time at DigitalCrafts and felt that I should share my experience.  I came into the course with essentially zero knowledge of programming.  I decided on DigitalCrafts, among other reasons, because the reviews spoke highly of it, the instructor, Rob, made a good impression on me when i visited the campus, and the curriculum was more comprehensive than other programs around the area.  Plus, at four months, you are getting more for your money than the standard 3 month programs that are out there and trust me, you will want that extra month.

The pace can be intense at times, you will have to let go of the need to complete everything 100% and know everything about a subject before moving on.  The course is not designed that way, nor is it ultimately necessary.  The repitition and constant immersion in the subject is the real value in the course, another reason why the extra month is important.  Also, utilize your fellow developers as much as you can while in the course, that is a resource that is not available to most coming into the industry, just being in a room with 15 other people everyday who are just as eager to learn the same things you are trying to learn. Do these things, remember to enjoy yourself, and you will do fine in the course.

The course was great for me. Really enjoyed the instructor and my classmates.  Felt like I came a very long way in a short amount of time and I would recommend this program to anyone else looking for a crash course into web development.

• Kochan • Graduate

DigitalCrafts was a career transforming experience. Be ready because there were  some long days and sometimes nights!

But, learning code at D.C. opened up doors and avenues in my life that I could have never known or even imagined.

Keep up the great work!

• Paige Niedringhaus • Junior Developer • Graduate

I had a fantastic experience with DigitalCrafts. It's the most intense 16-week course I've ever taken, but I'm so glad I did. I'd been contemplating going to code school for about six months before I finally took the plunge and joined DC, and in my previous life I was a digital marketer and strategist, so believe me, this was a big departure from what I'd done before. I did my research, talked to the other coding schools in Atlanta, and ultimately, decided I liked the fact that DC was small and scrappy, and that the founders Max and Jake and their chief instructor Rob cared so much about their students' success. Honestly, everyone at DigitalCrafts cares so much about current and former students' success, it's amazing to me.

So here's what happened for 16 weeks. We learned HTML, CSS, Sass, JavaScript, jQuery, AngularJS, JSON, Ajax, Node.js, Express, Socket.io, MongoDB, Python, Flask and MySQL. Yes, all of that. Our class started out with 15 (they cap the class size to make sure everyone gets enough quality time with the instructor who sticks with them for the whole course), and it ended up shrinking to 12 by the time we graduated.

Which is a brilliant segue to the biggest drawback of this course (if you can even call it that). It is a big, big commitment - in every way. Your time will not be your own, your brain will constantly be buzzing with code (you'll even start dreaming in code, believe me), and your nights and weekends will be spent working on projects you built during the week or otherwise trying to improve your burgeoning skills. From the first week my brain was overflowing with knowledge and my head hurt by the end of each week, there was more than one day when I came home and wasn't sure I could hack it, wasn't sure if this was for me, but I kept on going. The best advice I can give is to keep going, keep trying and don't try and understand everything - you won't and there's not nearly enough time in the course for this kind of in depth understanding. Just keep going and understand that later things that didn't make sense before will start to make sense.

And that's what's also so great about DC - the instructors and staff are super smart, and encouraging and everything a company like this should be. The Developers in Residence (the TAs) are former students so they know exactly what you're going through when you're struggling. The former students (most of whom are gainfully employed in the technology field, I might add), are super nice and more than willing to give advice, share what they know and try to help current students. And the current students are all motivated, energetic and eager people - DC carefully screens to make sure the people who want to join them are serious about this. Plus, they're all going through the exact same mind blowing experience, so there's a strong sense of camaraderie that's forged when going through such trials by fire together.

DigitalCrafts is also doing a great job of making a name for itself within the Atlanta tech community. One of founders Jake, is making connections to companies and staffing agencies left, right and center, so when it comes time to start applying for jobs, students are armed with example resumes, LinkedIn profiles, portfolio sites and mock interview experience to help set them apart from the competition. And not only do they host a demo day at the end of the class for students to show off their final projects, but they bring in speakers from recruiting agencies and developers from the Atlanta area to talk about their own experience getting a developer job and what to be aware of going along. It's all extremely valuable, useful opportunities.

So if you're considering a web development boot camp in Atlanta, and you're ready to have your grit tested in a big way, I 100% recommend DigitalCrafts. It's worth every penny, every hour and every ounce of blood, sweat and tears you'll put in. I know it's a business, but these people are changing people's lives for the better, and if I had it to do all over again, I would absolutely choose DigitalCrafts without hesitation.

• Great Program!
    - 9/6/2016
    Kyle Luck • Graduate

My employer sponsored me to go to go to DigitalCrafts as part of a new internal program they launched. I couldn't be happier with the experience. The instruction, material, and DigitalCrafts staff were all top notch. I came in having a little programming knowledge with PHP and MySQL. We learned Nodejs, AngularJS, PostgreSQL, Python, and JavaScript. The projects that we worked on throughout the class were both fun and provided great learning opportunities. Having a CS background, I was very impressed to see DigitalCrafts also covered common CS data structures, algorithms, and BigO notation. Even though I wasn't looking for a job, I was impressed with how DigitalCrafts continually gave students insights, tips, and training on how to land their next job. I really can't say enough good things about this program. If you're looking for a web immersive coding bootcamp, look no further!

• Griffin Hammer • Software Engineer • Graduate

It has been six months since I completed the 16-week immersive course at DigitalCrafts and can say that it has been the best career decision I have ever made. The course was an amazing way to learn the skills that are required to get a job to get a job as a full time web developer. Additionally the work that I put into my projects during the course I was able to create a portfolio that helped me to get a job in Palo Alto, CA as a Software Engineer.

• Excellent Course!
    - 8/31/2016
    JT Townsend • Student

I'm currently 8 weeks into the DigitalCrafts 16 week Immersive Program, and I'm convinced it is one of the best decisions I have made. I did a little bit of self-teaching through CodeAcademy, W3Schools, and Eloquent Javascript, and even though I felt like I understood it; I didnt feel like it was enough. When I enrolled, all of resources were actually in the prework; reaffirming that this course was going to be intense and solid. The instructor is extremely knowledgable and his insights into the languages he teaches are valuable. I can ask whys and hows and he is able to help me understand it better. An added plus, he has a great personality and makes class enjoyable; which is very appreciated with the intensity being what it is. We are getting into the backend portion currently, and all the work we did with exploring and learning front-end has made me feel prepared for learning newer languages; which is an incredible feeling. I am given the tools to not only be an excellent web developer, but the confidence to move in any direction I want with this. Great investment, and highly recommended to anyone looking to get into this career.

• A great experience
    - 8/30/2016
    Carolyn • Junior Developer • Student

I just finished DigitalCrafts 16 week immersive bootcamp, and it was a great experience! Prior to DigitalCrafts, I had very little coding experience. I had taken a part-time course at another Atlanta code school and done a little bit of self study, so when I was looking for a career switch I decided to come to DigitalCrafts. I chose DigitalCrafts over other code schools in Atlanta (even outside of Atlanta as well) because it was a longer program than the others, focused on skills I was more interested in learning, and the administrators seem to really care about the success of their students. I can say that I was not disappointed!

In the 16 weeks here, I learned so much more than I ever could have imagined. Sometimes it was extremely overwhelming, but by the end of the week you would be building a project using the new languages and realize how much you actually know. Also, it taught you how to be able to pick up new things extremely quickly. I thought the instructor was great and really made sure that we were all up to speed and that no one was left feeling confused or left behind. Also, he introduced a decent amount of computer science basics, which I think is something that sets DigitalCrafts graduates apart from other code school students.

Also, the administration was extremely helpful in the job search. They really helped give us all the tools to have our portfolios up quickly, made sure that we always knew about the most recent job postings, and helped us network. They seem to genuinely care about the success of their students, and not just because it makes their numbers look better! They are passionate people and it really shows in what they've done with the school!

All in all, I had a great experience at DigitalCrafts and feel ready to start my career as a software developer very shortly!

- 8/30/2016
    DeeAnn • Graduate

DigitalCrafts, for me, has been a tremendous experience! Although the long days and nights were rough, I would do it again! I had very little programming experience when I first came to DigitalCrafts. I now feel like I will be able to go find a career in Web Development. The most important skill I have now is how to learn, quickly and efficiently. The staff at DigitalCrafts are awesome. They care about the student's success as much as the student. They are encouraging and a big support during the program. My instructor was great!. He was focused on what the students learned more than if they just completed a project. I would highly recommend DigitalCrafts!

• Josh C. • Junior Full-Stack Developer • Student

Going to DigitalCrafts was one of my best choices I have made for my career. Going to DigitalCrafts honestly is a complete life changer for me. I have never been more motivated to continue learning and improving my skills in Web Development. DigitalCrafts’ staff works really hard to find the right approach to teach the course and are always improving the course from feedback from the students. I never have seen the passion from individuals that really want you to succeed and always help push you to create even better projects throughout the class.

In the past year, I was transitioning out of Retail and pursing a career in the IT field. After a few months of IT training and certificates, I attended a few IT job fairs in the Atlanta metro area. At one of the job fairs I attended was the DigitalCrafts booth. That was the start of my journey of becoming a fullstack web developer. Before attending DigitalCrafts, I did tons of research to compare other coding bootcamps. 16 Weeks to learn two web stacks and cost the same as programs that are half the time? That’s a no brainer! But, I had to make sure that the program was right for me. Talking to Jake and Max from DigitalCrafts during the in-person interview answered a lot of my questions. I could honestly feel the passion which led me to believe the students from their school will not just learn to code, but students will become great developers and be successful in developer world. When I finally met my instructor Rob, I knew 150% I found an outstanding Bootcamp to mold me into a great developer. Rob is an amazing individual, he is lovable, kind, outgoing and just super passionate to share all his years of experience as a developer into each student. He was the heart of taking the course and always helped me stay on course when I stumbled in the course and would get frustrated. He taught me so many things, and I can’t thank him enough.

Overview of the course:

Going to a immersive bootcamp Monday – Friday for 40 hours a week is not a simple task. If you plan to attend DigitalCrafts for the 16-week program, then this should be your only commitment during the four months. I worked my ass off everyday, I came in early and I stayed late after class. I even came in on the weekends to stay focused and continue to improve my craft. If you just work really hard for those 4 months I can honestly tell you it pay off! I enjoyed that the course was 16 weeks, because I had more time to make an outstanding final project and make my portfolio site stand out. DigitalCrafts doesn’t just educate you on coding, they also help you prepare for technical interviews, interviews in general, how to display yourself and standout from others.

Final note:

Deciding to go to DigitalCrafts was the best choice I could have ever made. I’m not working retail anymore, I’m a junior full stack developer at a company in the same building as DigitalCrafts. I’m making 3 times more than I ever have and what did I have to do? I just invested all my effort in 16 weeks to be where I’m at now. Just remember keep coding after you finish! Keep challenging yourself and don’t stop your thirst for learning new things in the development world. After you learn key principles you learn and pickup new things very easily. I can’t express anymore the fact that I get to code and build things and get paid to do so now! (It’s like playing and I get reward with $$$).

Article about me attending DigitalCrafts:

• Will Bryant • Graduate

The decision to commit to a Web Development Immersive Course is not easy and not to be taken lightly. I was first introduced after hearing an acquaintance detail plans of quitting his job to attend a code school in San Francisco. Listening to him speak I couldn't help but think I should be doing the exact same thing.

Some weeks later I had applied to Iron Yard, General Assembly, and DigitalCrafts, eventually deciding on DC. Due to the for profit nature of the industry, I do not believe all schools to be created equal. DigitalCrafts felt more individualized, at the time had only a single class, smaller class size (10-12) and cheaper overall price ($12,500) compared to competitors (discount incentives up to $1-2k based on early enrollment and gender), and felt Max, Jake, and Rob were genuine guys.

The course was fast paced, rigorous, and demanding. Don't let this deter you. I wholeheartedly believe anyone can perform, and perform well, throughout the course armed with correct commitment level. The experience is similar to a 9-5 job where you work hard and learn everyday. If approached this way, one should have no problem throughout the 16 weeks.

But isn't $12k a lot of money to spend for something that can be learned online? Well, yeah! People drown themselves in debt for undergraduate university degrees - and for what? Tell me you can't learn sociology and anthropology online. The money, in my opinion, is about the experience, accountability, collaborative classroom environment, access in person to an expert, accelerated learning pace, and, most of all, being immersed in the industry with networking opportunities coming from a position of power.

The DigitalCrafts Team does well to connect their students with potential employers, but they can not physically hand you a job. I wish I could say that by attending a code bootcamp you will magically end up with with a job, but this simply is not true. This area, like anything, takes self-motivation and luck. The heavier the combination the better. Because DigitalCrafts is smaller than General Assembly or Iron Yard, I personally believed there to be a higher percent chance of me as an individual being recommended or introduced to an employer than coming from one of the other schools.

DigitalCrafts was a rewarding experience. I learned web-development with a lot of awesome people and am employed as a direct result of the DC team putting me in contact with this company. I believe code bootcamps to be the most cost-effictive and efficient use of money for education. I highly endorse DigitalCrafts. If your thinking about one, I'd start by giving the DigitalCrafts Team a call and meeting them yourself!
  • Jonathan • Web Developer • Graduate

DigitalCrafts is growing like a wildfire, and it doesn't take long to figure out why.

From instruction to job assistance, DigitalCrafts is hard to beat. The success of a business always comes down to communication, and these guys know how to communicate every step of the way. I am extremely pleased with how the course went and that I ended up with a great new job as a Web Developer.

Don’t get me wrong, you have to work your butt off. You can’t just breeze through the program and expect to be handed a great job on a silver platter, but if you give it your all and let the DigitalCrafts team do what they do best, then you’ll be pleased.

Get there early, stay late, and don’t be afraid to branch out from the projects to show your creativity. I’m confident that I got my job because I worked extra hard to make a unique portfolio. Make yourself stand out. Give it everything you’ve got. It’s just 16 weeks of your life.

Places like DigitalCrafts are shaping the future of education. After earning 2 degrees over almost 7 years that led to dead end jobs, the mere 16 weeks at DigitalCrafts catapulted me into the best job opportunity I’ve ever had.

I would highly recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone and everyone who is considering getting into Web Development.

• Great Course
    - 6/27/2016
    Jeremy • Visibility Intern • Graduate

I decided to attend an immersive bootcamp to accelerate a career change.  I wanted to experience both front-end and back-end development, which DigitalCrafts provided with their fullstack course.  Once I met with Rob, Max and Jake, I knew this was the place for me.  I came to DigitalCrafts with no experience except for some free online resources.  I admit there were times during the course that were pretty intense.  This course requires that you put in the time to learn the material.  You continue to build on content from day one.  If you are willing to put in the time and effort you will be successful.  I had Rob as an instructor and he was great!  If we had trouble during the course Rob was willing to help, we just needed to keep him in the loop on our progress.  When it came time to start looking for jobs Jake was a big asset in helping us look for postings and letting us know when there were oportunities within the employer network.  With their help I was able to secure a front-end development internship at the end of week 12.  I feel confident in my new skills and look forward to what the future holds.

• Joe Hice • Front-End Developer • Student

I set out to accomplish something, bridge a gap between my past work experience and my love for developing software. I wanted to shed my skin and feel youthful again. Do something that had meaning and change my professional career path. DigitalCrafts met my expectations and helped me to understand core development concepts which directly led to me finding a job within the first 8-weeks of class.

I chose DigitalCrafts because I wanted a full immersive program, I wanted to eat, breath and drink development for 16-weeks, and do nothing else. I got exactly what I wanted. Project after project, with small but effective hands-on work with a bottom-up approach, you gain new ammo in your arsenal of tools. Each day at DigitalCrafts, we apply a new concept, slowly tie each piece together and by the 8th week your writing AngularJS, interfacing to multiple API's and eating real world data for breakfast.

My journey has led me down many different paths each with it's own hardships and obstacles but with countless rewards as well. It is not just the lessons I have learned along the way, or the internal battles that you fight with yourself to stay on $scope. It is without a doubt, what you choose to do with the knowledge you gain and the relationships you build along the way.

Thank you Rob, Jake, Max, to my classmates and to everyone I have had the pleasure of meeting at Atlanta Tech Village. Thanks to DigitalCrafts, I have a signed offer letter in-hand, new skills at my finger tips and peace of mind moving forward in my career path.

Br,

)oeciH

• Anonymous • Interface Engineer • Graduate

The experience I had at DigitalCrafts would be hard to top anywhere. There is an exceptional energy within the classroom, and the culture is dedicated to learning as much as possible, as quickly as possible. There were several guest speakers who offered advice for the job hunt. The instructor was extremely passionate and seemingly tireless in his effort to ensure that every student was up to speed with every technology covered. The wide variety of technologies covered was the selling point for me, as it allowed me to really have an opportunity to figure out what I liked and gave me a more marketable skill set.

DigitalCrafts has changed my life, and set me on an exciting and rewarding career path. I can't say enough to really express the benefit this course has given me.

• Will • Graduate

I just graduated from the Web & iOS course and I never would have thought that I would be in the position that I am now as a result of the course.  Before even graduating I received two job offers, both for more than I have ever made.  And because of the skill set that I have learned I honestly feel like I have the flexibility and freedom to be picky about a job and really choose something that I am interested in.  Taking the DigitalCrafts course has been phenomenal and has been one of the best decisions that I could have made.

- 1/10/2016
    William Wyatt • Student

The DigitalCrafts staff have definitely fostered a family atmosphere while providing resources and an environment extremely favorable to learning.  Though the curriculum is demanding, everything is set up to promote providing you the skills to succeed and ultimately find a job.  I have enjoyed my experience and have learned a ton.  Rob & Joe are great teachers, I couldn't ask for a better experience!

• Loving it so far
    - 11/25/2015
    Stuart • Student

I am currently a student in DigitalCrafts, a 16-week immersive course + ios.  I have just finished Week 7, and so far I am enjoying the entire experience.  My background is in finance with a degree in electrical engineering in the distant past (graduated in '99).  While I had some entry-level programming in college, I hadn't touched it since and knew only the very basics.  I was by no means a developer when I started this cohort, but that is quickly changing  So far the immersive program has been challenging but rewarding.  New topics are presented every couple of days, and while they may initially seem overwhelming, the material is presented and explained in such a way that I am able to grasp the concepts quickly and move forward.  Rob, our instructor, also gives us projects that incorporate prior topics, and this really helps to build my confidence in the skills that I am learning.  Rob is an excellent instructor who is very generous with his time and goes out of his way to make sure that everyone understands the concepts that are being covered.  The pace is fast, and it definitely takes a lot of effort and hard work to become comfortable with all of the new skills we are learning. But everyone working at DigitalCrafts has been willing to help and I genuinely believe they want every student to be successful.  I'm almost halfway through the course and I'm quite happy to be a student at DigitalCrafts.

• Great so far
    - 11/19/2015
    Stephen • Student

I am currently a student in the 16 week web immersive and so far the course is going very well.  Although I did some studying prior to starting the camp, I had very little actual experience of building anything.  From the very beginning at Digital Crafts we jumped into building pages and working on projects.  Initially it was very intimidating, but I quickly realized I was learning much faster when I was forced to push my way through projects.  The course is always pushing forward but the pace is not overwhelming.  You just have to be sure to put in the time to learn each concept thoroughly so that you can move on to the next topic.  The instruction is clear and there is help available if you need it. I have 10 weeks left in the program so things certainly could change, but as of now I would not hesitate to recommend the program to others.

• Review
    - 11/16/2015

Thought the course is not over yet, I've already learned a lot of knowledge and skills on JavaScript, jQuery, HTML, CSS, Angular JS, Bootstrap, Swift, xCode, and the bascis of Linux.  I think the instructors really make an effort to teach the material and confirm that each student understands the codes and concepts.

So far in the course, I have been extremely pleased with the entire experience. Rob, the teacher, is extremely competent across all of the technologies we have covered, and has been an invaluable resource when it comes to helping troubleshoot code with beginners. Rob has helped students develop individual projects that help peak their interest, because it becomes a project that the developer really cares about.

The classroom has been well stocked with snacks and hot coffee to keep you going during the long days.

We are currently 1/4 the way into the first 16 week Full-Stack Immersive Course. So far the experience is great, lots of tips to help with getting a job after the course is finished(which is the end goal of course). Curriculm has been all front-end for thus far but back-end stuff starts soon. I would recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone with an interest in entering the Web Development/Tech industry. Will try to update as we get further into the program.

• Anonymous • Applicant

Unless you are a white skin person expected to be treated deferentially, I applied for this boot camp before like a month ago I'm I've been struggling with them since then, NO approval NO denial till today, my story starts with these guys when I did my first interview with enrolment coordinator her name is Haley, she told me unforgentally we don't have available office to do the interview!!! What??? why you schedule an interview for someone when you don't have a place to do it???!!! guess what? we did the interview in the kitchen when there were a loud TV and a couple of student playing ping pong, can you imagine that! the first question Healy asked me from where you are originally from!!! When I told her I'm from middle east EVERYTHING IS CHANGED she starts to ask a questions doesn't have anything to do with a boot camp interview, I forgot to mention the AC was down and it was extremely hot, she was rude with me and try to attack any answer I gave her to her questions, by the end of that interview she said you should receive an email to do the assignment which is the second step of the process guess what! I didn't receive anything for all week, then I tried to call her because she said you can call me if you have any questions and ask her to send me the email for the assignment she said I will send it to you in the next 10 or 15 minutes and I didn't receive anything from her for the all day and I called her next day and I told her I was waiting for your email she said I'm sorry I will send it to you right away and that was about 10 am, guess what! she sent that email at 8 pm and that's really offended me Anyway I did the assignment and they should back to me by the next day or next 2 business days with decision for the interview and the assignment, NOBODY contact me for a three days, I was calling Haley like every day and she starts to ignore my phone calls, then I went to there facility to talk to the boot camp manager his name is Jason and informed him about everything happend with me and he said tht's too much info and I need some time to see what's really going on, guess what I receved a phone call from the headqourter teelling me you are NOT accepted in our program because you used another resource in you assingment and I told the guy I'm allowed to use google or udemy or any other resoureces I fell it could help to answer the qoustions in that assingment because I'm new to coding and you expect me to answer a coding qoustions!!!!!! he said we are sorry but that consdring as cheeting and we have a zero-tolerance for cheating!!!!!!

I forgot to mention my wife applied to the boot camp as well and got the same treatment from Haley, she took my wife directly to the kitchen without checking if there are any available offices and she faced the same situations loud TV people playing ping pong and the AC was down also!!! my wife been rejected too.

Again if you are a dark skin person or not a white person stay away from this place, you'll be treated like an animal

Response From: Jake of DigitalCrafts
    Title: CEO
    Friday, Sep 06 2019
    Disclaimer: This applicant (which I’ll keep confidential out of respect) and his wife never attended a DigitalCrafts program.

As the CEO of DigitalCrafts, I want to first say that we apologize for your experience in our admissions process. We truly do. That said, it is also important for me to address the accusations you’ve made from our perspective, and to acknowledge that we stand by the outcome of our interactions based on the events that took place.

First and foremost, we are not racists and do not appreciate being called such. We treat every individual in a respectful and professional manner and welcome diversity in our program. Moreover, we proactively encourage diversity through various partnerships and scholarship opportunities.

Second, it would be a lot easier for us to just accept every applicant into the program, but we did not start DigitalCrafts to just accept anyone’s tuition money. Our goal is to positively impact the lives of 10,000 builders through high-quality education, and we require all students to complete a basic coding assessment before enrolling to show they are ready to take on the difficulty of this program.

Finally, the fact of the matter is, the answers which were submitted to the coding challenge were blatantly copied from an online resource. After this was done on the first attempt (with incorrect answers no less), we gave you the benefit of the doubt and allowed for a second opportunity. When the second attempt was submitted with yet another blatantly copied response from a different online resource, we had no choice but to disqualify both applications. The quote below is directly from the instructions of the coding assessment which is provided to all applicants.

You may use W3Schools.com, Codecademy, or Google as resources. That said, any cheating or copying of other applicants' code will disqualify your application."

I hope you can understand that it is important we keep the admissions process fair and open for all applicants, and in this case it wouldn’t be fair to you or anyone in the DigitalCrafts community if we were to cut corners.

We are sorry for your experience, but we stand by the outcome of our interactions based on the events that took place.

First off let me say that bootcamp experience mostly depends on who your instructor is. I came based on several of the reviews of teachers that are in Atlanta and I didn't meet one of them, so keep that in mind when you are reading reviews. The other pieces of the company are important, but if your instructor is awesome or terrible, the other stuff won't change it.

Instructor:
    Mine was a decent guy, I think he cared about the class. He tried to meet our requests and was clearly knowledgeable, but most of the class was just letting us loose on a bunch of code exercises. I get that exercises are important, but I was already doing this before I came. Why would I spend thousands of dollars to do code academy? Many of the students were way behind and he didn't manage it well at all.

Company:
    My main problem with the company was with the founders because there is only one support person in Houston. Jason was a good guy, but didn't seem to have any power to help us. The founders came to Houston a few times (they're in Atlanta 99% of the time) and made some big promises and told us how important we were, but in the end only seemed to care about keeping us from complaining.

The Houston classes are like the red-headed step-child; we didn't get any attention, we didn't have any community, and we were in a complaint ridden facility. I'm sure Atlanta is great, but Houston DigitalCrafts isn't focused on teaching, it's focused on keeping anyone from complaining. Everything circled around making the students think we were in the right place even though we were just doing exercises most of the time. The routine went like this:
    1. No sign of the founders for 2 weeks while we do exercises all day
    2. Complaint (about class being slow, or whatever) and Jason can't do anything
    3. Founder shows up and promises everything will be awesome tomorrow. They are on it!
    4. He leaves and we have half a day of better class.
    5. Everything goes back to normal.
    6. Repeat. For 16 weeks.

I don't think either of them have taken the class or know anything about development so they're not in a position to do anything anyway. Atlanta classes interact with each other but didn't know we existed. The whole thing was pretty obvious. I felt this way for a long time but never said anything. Re-reading some of the reviews made me think it needed to be said. I'd blame them over the instructor because they didn't manage him. Just interested in a big, profitible business.

Facility
    It seemed like a hip place but there were constant complaints about something. If you whisper, people two offices over freak out for instance. Not in a very nice area of Houston.

Final Thought:
    DigitalCrafts as a company is not that great. In my experience, it was a major let down. It might be awesome if you get an epic teacher or are in Atlanta where all the support is. If not, just do Code Academy 6 hours/day and save a ton of money and disapointment.

Response From: Max McChesney of DigitalCrafts
    Title: Co-Founder
    Friday, Mar 09 2018
    I want to thank you for your feedback, and personally apologize that you weren't satisfied with your experience.  We take what we do very seriously, and it sincerely hurts when we learn that we failed one of our students.  Duplicating the "Atlanta experience" in Houston is a challenge, and we will be the first to admit that there were kinks to work out.  That said, Jason has support now (our newest hire is a wonderful Admissions Director named Christie), and we sincerely believe that all of our instructors are epic.  As our alumni network in Houston continues to grow, so will our local community, and we're excited at the direction we're headed.  Again, I apologize that you weren't satisfied with your time with us, but we'll do our best to improve.

Material is good and relevant, the teacher is knowledgable and does a decent job, but the class size is WAY to big. I get very little personal time with the instructor because the class is too big and the time to short. The TA’s are good but I didn’t pay for them to teach me. I talked to an alumni and his class was HALF the size of mine. I did a ton of research on course report and went based off the reviews, but the bottom line is that the greed for money is taking another quality small business product down.

Unless you are already pretty advanced and don’t need much help (also way too many exercises), go somewhere else.

Response From: Max McChesney of DigitalCrafts
    Title: Co-Founder
    Friday, Mar 09 2018
    I want to thank you for your feedback, and personally apologize that you aren't satisfied with your experience so far.  It sounds like your main issue is class size, feedback which we'll sincerely take into account in the future.

According to Course Report, the national average class size is over 30.  The only other part-time programs similar to our own are the "university" programs run by Trilogy Education Services ("Georgia Tech Coding Boot Camp," etc), which have had as many as 55+ students in each class.  Our average across all classes is 17.1 as of 3/9/18.

Your class is the largest we've had at 24 students, 20-22 of those we expect will finish the class. Still well below the competition and national average (but again, we'll take into account your feedback).  We actually turned students away above that number because we don't want to ever impact the quality of our "product," but we allowed 24 in because a) we have to account for seasonality in enrollment (we also have a class of 11 right now) b) to avoid higher tuition requirements related to the same issue (not because of "greed"), and c) because we felt the educational experience would not suffer for it.

That said, we're not perfect, and we'll strive to provide a better experience for both your cohort and those in the future.  All we can do is learn and improve.  If you'd ever like to discuss in person, my office is always open and I encourage you to stop by!  It's difficult to help the anonymous.

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 84% graduated. 85% of graduates were job-seeking and 96% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $60,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 116 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes data includes only students who enrolled in the full-time Immersive program. See our audited Student Outcomes Report, which differs slightly from Course Report's approach to organizing outcomes, for detailed reporting.

Note also that we count apprenticeships, internships and contract roles as a single pool. We do not have data regarding freelance employment.