digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Online, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts offers full-time and part-time software development and UX design bootcamps both online and in-person in hybrid learning. Online classes are streamed in real time with live instruction creating a collaborative learning environment for all students. On-site campuses in Atlanta, Houston, Tampa, and Seattle are open to local students who wish to learn with on-site teaching assistants and a community of peers. DigitalCrafts has graduated hundreds of successful engineers since 2015, transforming aspiring developers into full-stack software engineers with cutting-edge skillsets and polished portfolios.

At DigitalCrafts, each program’s curriculum is adapted to the changing needs of the market so students gain the skills that employers are looking for right now. The curriculum is crafted with beginners in mind, and combines live, online instruction with hands-on exercises and projects that effectively cater to all learning styles. Students are supported along the way by instructors with years of industry experience and a team that genuinely cares about each student’s success, along with TAs and a Student Success team dedicated to helping students land the job upon graduation.

Students will graduate with a polished resume, an established online presence, and the opportunity for mock interview practice. With DigitalCrafts’ exclusive elective workshops, students will learn additional skills and hear from employees at companies like Google and Mailchimp. Students also gain access to DigitalCrafts’ ever-growing Employer Network — a collection of companies, large and small, who hire for the skills that we teach.

DigitalCrafts is proud to offer a $1MM You Belong in Tech scholarship fund, providing automatic scholarships to all Black, Latinx and women students, no essay required.

With education at its core and a vast network of skilled engineers and alumni, DigitalCrafts also offers premier software staffing services and corporate training solutions, specializing in reskilling and up-skilling modern technology teams.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (297) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (38) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Cybersecurity (Full-Time)

LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    More details coming soon! Applications are expected to open by June 2021 (if not earlier). Reach out to our team at admissions@digitalcrafts.com to learn more.
  • DigitalCrafts UX Design (Full-Time)

User Experience Design
    Start Date September 7, 2021
    LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    Applications opening soon! Throughout the online UX Design 14-week program, students will learn the ins and outs of what is necessary to begin a career in UX Design. Key concepts covered throughout the program include: UX Design Fundamentals, Information Architecture, UI Design, Interaction Design, UX Engineering, Design Leadership
    You may finance your tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. Learn more about tuition payment options on our website.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    September 7, 2021 - Online
    January 24, 2022 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Web Development (Full-time)

Start Date May 3, 2021
    LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    This online 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    You may finance your tuition with Sallie Mae. Learn more about tuition payment options on our website.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipYou Belong In Tech Scholarship: Automatic partial scholarships to Black, Latinx and women students. We also sponsor The Builder Scholarship, awarded by committee to builders with especially compelling stories, achievements and goals.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner or Intermediate
    May 3, 2021 - Atlanta
    June 1, 2021 - Atlanta
    May 3, 2021 - Tampa
    June 1, 2021 - Tampa
  • DigitalCrafts Web Development (Part-time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, SQL, REST, GitHub
    Start Date May 18, 2021
    LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    The online 26-Week Web Development program is the part-time version of our full-time program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. Students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack web development projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Finance tuition with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner or Intermediate
  • Web Developer
    - 3/13/2020
    Veronica Kemp  User Photo
    Veronica Kemp • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Over 16 weeks I went from bartender to a full stack developer. It was intense, indepth, and challenging, but completely worth it.
  • DC Review
    - 2/17/2020
    Nep Orshiso  User Photo
    Nep Orshiso • Junior Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    TL;DR
    I was working in financial services in Kansas City and wanted to not only move to Atlanta for personal reasons and also wanted to switch careers into technology. I went to DigitalCrafts in August 2019 for the Full-Time Immersive Program and graduated in December 2019. I started work at an investment management firm in February 2020 as a Junior Software Engineer.

My Background
    • Studied Finance and Marketing in college
    • Took 1 Python programming class in college. Never used it during my career.
    • Was working in financial services prior to DC
    • From Kansas City

Pros
    • Collaborative Environment
      • Made great connections with some of the other students who I've stayed in contact with after the end of the program
      • Students help other students succeed. I've either helped others when they were stuck or someone would come over to help me when I got stuck. This happened all the time. People were willing to give their time to solve issues and it was great.
    • Worked in several teams to deliver a variety of projects. Projects that later were on my resume.
    • Work with tools that are used in the "real-world"
      • VSCode, Git, AWS, Terminal
    • Exposure to Cloud Infrastructure
      • Really got to benefit from being walked through how to spin up our own EC2 Instances on AWS to self-host our projects. Great first-time exposure to cloud technologies
    • Work with Python, get a foundation in HTML/CSS/Vanilla or "Plain" JavaScript before moving to React
    • I appreciated the career week time to focus on building up my resume and portfolio and also being able to get that reviewed by the career services team.

Cons
    • One suggestion would be to have more exposure to working on and refactoring code someone else had written. In most exercises, a student is creating something from scratch or a base template. It would be neat to have exercises around a project that has already been built where we had to make modifications to it.

Tips to a new student
    • One of the things DC Staff told us near the beginning was that we would get out of the experience what we put in. Don't passively consume the information. It really helps to try and do some digging on your own, make mistakes, and then ask for help to get pulled up. I've personally learned so much from making silly mistakes I made on my own and after trying to figure things out, going to an instructor who can guide me to the right direction.
    • Listen to software podcasts that give you a real-time pulse of the industry and some of the technologies that are being used today
    • Ask Questions, be curious, try to boil concepts down and re-state them in your own words
    • There will be a lot of information thrown at you. Don't get overwhelmed by trying to memorize and remember everything. No one can memorize everything and it's perfectly okay to Google and search for answers.
    • Please take career week seriously. Get your resume and portfolio created and deployed somewhere during career week. Don't wait.

Last thoughts
    • DC helped me get to where I wanted to go and was an integral part of helping me switch careers. I now work as a full-time software engineer in Atlanta. I would recommend the program to any one who is willing to put in the time to learn. The class went by so quickly and I had a lot of fun.

• Sherri Booher  User Photo
    Sherri Booher • Software Developer I • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    TLDR:  DigitalCrafts is the top-rated bootcamp in Atlanta for a reason. After my very positive experience there, I would not hesitate to recommend their Full Stack Flex Program for anyone looking for a way to level up their software engineering knowledge and skills.

INTRODUCTION:  When I began looking into bootcamps, I knew that I needed to find one that met several criteria. First, and foremost, it had to be a part-time program, because I have to work full time to support my family (a 15 year old needs all. the. things!) I also needed a bootcamp that offered an in-person option, as I tried several online "teach yourself to code" courses over a timeframe of several years and realized that I definitely needed a more structured experience in order to learn the curriculum. Ratings and reviews were also equally important, and, as it turned out, were probably my deciding factor. Finally, I needed a bootcamp program that would not cost a small fortune, and if financial help was needed, one that offered financial aid options. After going back and forth between several different bootcamp options, most specifically DigitalCrafts, Thinkful, and Hack Reactor, I chose to enroll in DigitalCrafts (Atlanta) Full Stack Flex Program for the April 2019 cohort.

THE GOOD:
     My experience at DigitalCrafts was fantastic. I spent 26 weeks (Tuesday and Thursday nights, and Saturday mornings) with my fellow classmates learning all about HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.js, Express, Sequelize, PostgreSQL, React, and so much more. Our instructors, Lachlan H. and Aubrey R., were fantastic, and our DIRs (Directors in Residence) weren't so shabby either (HUGE SHOUT OUT to Ron C. and Jordan M. for giving so freely of their time, even when they weren't on the clock). Help was never more than one Slack chat away. My fellow classmates became like family to me, and we helped each other along the way, and even shared a few tears together when it was all over. Those 26 weeks of blood, sweat, tears, and "just one more line of code!" were all worth it. The career services offered by DigitalCrafts before and after graduation are second to none in the bootcamp industry. The career guidance counselors constantly provided us with resources, including mock interviews, resume reviews, and portfolio advice.

THE NOT SO GOOD:  If I could suggest a few improvements for DigitalCrafts' Full Stack Flex Program, it would be more data structure and algorithm lessons at the beginning of the JavaScript portion of the course, as well as more opportunities for "whiteboarding." And by "whiteboarding," I mean like the problem solving on a whiteboard one would expect to find during a job interview. In my post-bootcamp job interviews, I've had to attempt "whiteboarding", and didn't do so well. I know this isn't the sort of knowledge/skill that one can just pick up and run with without a lot of practice, but I feel that had DigitalCrafts provided more chances for the part-time students to gain experience with this, I might have been more confident going into my job interviews. (It is my understanding that the Immersive course students had a lot of additional opportunities to practice "whiteboarding," but that could just be based on an instructor's preference for providing that to his/her students).

PS: Jake, Liz, Tasha, Angela, Lachlan, Aubrey, Ron, and Jordan, if you guys are reading this, thank you from the very bottom of my heart for transforming my life into something amazing. It has been my pleasure getting to know all of you on a personal level!
  • Gustavo Fette  User Photo
    Gustavo Fette • UNIX administrator • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just finished my SRE bootcamp and I am very happy I took it. I did not know much of git, python, APIs, etc. before taking this training and although I am not yet a so called "programmer", I feel more comfortable with the tools we learned. The format of the training and the facilitators were just great, the zoom is a nice tool and we could take this training from everywhere. Veronica was a highly skilled professor, you can tell she is capable in many aspecs of the full stack velelopment, she's also very good at teaching. I definitely recomend DigitalCrafts and its trainings.

• Donald Yeh  User Photo
    Donald Yeh • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had been trying to learn how to code for a few years before deciding to enroll at DigitalCrafts and I’m so glad that I did. It’s one of the best decisions that I’ve ever made!  I learned so many invaluable skills and lessons during my time at the bootcamp that I missed out on while learning to code on my own.  The curriculum was challenging and the group work fostered an environment for collaborative learning and growth. Throughout the course, we did a lot of pair programming and  were required to build projects in small teams. It was a great opportunity to work in teams, resolve conflicts and to learn to use git version control effectively.

You really only get out what you put. Expect to put in some serious time outside of class studying and coding. After all the blood, sweat, tears, and coffee…you will come out of the bootcamp with the knowledge and support to land your first coding job. You’ll also come away with some pretty great friends too!

My only regret is not taking the bootcamp earlier. I would definitely recommend DigitalCrafts to any friends looking to transition into a  career in coding.

• Flex Bootcamp
    - 11/11/2019
    Lizzy Reese  User Photo
    Lizzy Reese • Student Verified via GitHub

Attending digitalcrafts was the best decision I could have made. The flex program allows people like me who work full time still get the value of a coding bootcamp, without having to quit their job to do it. Their instructors are top notch, all of the staff is available to help with any need, and I could not have had a better experience.

• Kelly Benson  User Photo
    Kelly Benson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Attending DigitalCrafts was one of the best decisions I ever made for myself. I felt stuck in my prior career and decided to make the leap into web development. I didn't know much about programming before I started (some free online courses here and there) and now I feel comfortable with the foundation and skills I gained over the last 4 months to jump into new technologies on my own and keep learning.

This was definitely one of the most challenging things that I have ever done. Completing an intensive 4 month long bootcamp is in no way easy and you get out of it what you put in. DigitalCrafts has a number of instructors and teacher assistants who are there to help when you get stuck can't figure out a problem on your own. The staff really want to see you succeed and are willing to help in any way they can.

If you are thinking about making the leap there's no time like the present and you won't be disappointed with the quality of the program or instructors at DigitalCrafts!

• Joshua Fitzgerald  User Photo
    Joshua Fitzgerald • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had a great instructor during my cohort who pushed myself and my classmates to raise the bar each project. There were times I was frustrated for multiple days on the same bug or issue, but my instructor, TAs, and classmates would not let me fail. I really feel I got the skills needed to succeed as a web developer, and I learned how to learn and teach myself new things in software development. I learned so much, and I made great friends along the way!

• Ollie Vargas  User Photo
    Ollie Vargas • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

This bootcamp has high integrity! They work so hard to make sure you understand what youre being taught and how to apply it properly. I had Veronica Lino as teacher and couldnt have been happier. She's the best! I had absolute zero experience with coding when entering this class. The environment was relaxed and it made things easier to be around people that all had similar goals.

They quickly become your away from home family and are quick to help with any issue you may have. The languages taught here are in direct correlation of what the market needs when it comes to the I.T. field. I never thought i would ever be able to sit just down and build something from scratch on my computer using code! This bootcamp made the whole I.T. industry look brand new to me and realize how much more can be taken from it. $ :) In the end we all want to live comfortably and be great providers for oursleves and our family. This is by far one of the best investments i've ever made! Thank You DC!!! Class 419!!!!

• Pierson  User Photo
    Pierson • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before this course I had never written a line of code in my life. I quit my job to try and become a developer in only 16 weeks. Most people would consider me crazy and at times throughout the course, I’d think they might be right. Learning a new discipline is never easy, but DigitalCrafts gave me the confidence to tackle anything new, coding or otherwise. If a former marketer and designer can learn to code than anyone can and I truly believe my journey wouldn’t have been possible without the curriculum and people at DigitalCrafts. They recognize that you’re making a big career shift and the main focus of the course is to prepare you for a job as a developer. If you have the chance, take this course. You will not regret the decision.

• Awesome!
    - 8/7/2019
    Liz Aitken  User Photo
    Liz Aitken • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

My experience at DigitalCrafts was fantastic! Personally, I had about zero experience before entering the course with the exception of the pre-work and a couple codecademy courses and half an Udemy course. That being said, I learned a whole lot at my time here. Sean was my instructor and he was awesome. He was engaging and knowledgable and I think it helped that he had real world experience as a developer. The course is a lot of work. I got to school around 6:30am and stayed til about 7pm almost every day and then put in work after that. That being said, that was me. However, I do know that to be successful in this course (unless you are just a genius that can pick up new material if you are introduced to it once), you will need to put in the hours and the work. I think DC does a great job of facilitating the learning process and introducing you to the material, but they can't do everything for you. So be prepared to work. I think they do a decent job with the job prep, but I think one of the most beneficial things is the network that comes with the course. Definitely utilize that. Anyway, do your research, see if you enjoy coding, and reach out to alumni to get more info. LinkedIn is a great for that. Also, want to add that DC keeps up with what the market is looking for as far as skills. I know they have a very talented developer creating new course work constantly.

• Eli  User Photo
    Eli • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I can honestly say that this was one of the better decisions of my life.

At first I was really reluctant and scared that I would not be able to succeed in this program but the instructor I had, Sean, was honestly great. Being his first time as an instructor we were both learning together and I was honestly amazed how fast he could learn things that he didn't know and teach those things to us right away. If you have any questions I can honestly say that he most likely has the answer (or knows how to google for the answer). If you ever find yourself falling behind he also takes extra time to make sure you are where you should be. I have learned a lot in these past 16 weeks and I do not regret applying for this program.

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 94% graduated. 75% of graduates were job-seeking and 80% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 133 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes include only students in the Full Stack Immersive program.

Note: Apprenticeships, internships and contract roles counted as a single pool. We do not collect data regarding short-term, part-time or freelance employment.