digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts offers a 16-week full-time and a 26-week part-time full-stack developer bootcamp in Atlanta, Houston, and Tampa. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive classroom experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts is their elective program, where students or alumni have access to a variety of workshops and presentations as an additional perk.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." In addition, students receive resume/portfolio guidance and a mock interview lesson. The admissions process consists of an online application, interview, and coding challenge. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (187) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (28) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum
    December 3, 2019
    Houston, Atlanta
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    $1,000 (eligible for financing)
    Finance with Skills Fund for as low as $192/month
    Payment plans available.
    Refund / Guarantee
    Secure your seat early for additional discounts.
    Women and Veterans automatically receive scholarships to attend our Immersive and Flex Programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    Beginner or Intermediate
    Pre-requisite work will be provided.
    December 3, 2019 - Atlanta
  • Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, Python, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End
    November 6, 2019
    Houston, Atlanta
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    $1,000 (eligible for financing)
    Finance with Skills Fund for as low as $293/month
    Students may pay up-front or enroll in an income-share agreement. Payment plans are also available.
    Refund / Guarantee
    Secure your seat early for additional discounts.
    Beginner or Intermediate
    Pre-requisite work will be provided.
    November 6, 2019 - Atlanta
    January 13, 2020 - Atlanta
    November 6, 2019 - Houston
    January 13, 2020 - Houston
  • Training (Corporate)

Houston, Atlanta
    DigitalCrafts designs, builds, and executes custom enterprise training for select clients across the globe. These custom programs are built from scratch based on our client's needs which can vary across software engineering, mobile development, automated testing, and DevOps. These courses are not open to the general public and are only reserved for full-time employees of our clients.

• Rachel • Software Engineer • Graduate

Before enrolling in this bootcampe, I was trying to decide if I wanted to pursue the law or pursue programming.  The law was calling, but I didn't want the risk of $150,000 in debt with no guarentee of a job in the end.  I figured that the things I liked (logical thinking within a clear rule set) would be present in programming, and the risk was comparatively low.

Turns out that I love programming more than I thought I could.  The instructors at Digital Crafts are top notch.  The curriculum has some lecture everyday, but the real value comes from the hands on projects and having access to such experienced and brilliant minds to help you through.  In addition to the lead instructors, there are 1-2 "Developers in Residences" (DIR) who act as T.A.s to make sure you don't get stuck.  They don't hold your hand, but rather show you how to think through your problems.

I was a DIR after my cohort ended, and while the pay was terrible (whatever you are thinking, think lower), but if you can get the position after, I highly recommend it.  It gives you continued access to the instructors and further develops your ability to communicate about code.  Also, debugging code (paticularly beginner code that can have some "interesting" patterns) is great preperation for jumping into a code base once you achieve your first full-time position..

As far a results, I am now a full-time software engineer with great benefits.  Also, while my workplace doesn't require me to work long hours, I find myself doing so anyways because coding is inherently fun.

• Jeff Duong • Graduate

DigitalCrafts has an amazing team that will help you achieve your goals. They create a fun, hardworking learning environment and teach very useful technologies.

• Tracy Musiker • Software Engineer • Graduate

When you enter the ATV location - where DigitalCrafts is located, you feel an eagerness budding. It has a fresh, well managed, and holistic feeling to it. By holistic, I mean ATV has a fully stocked kitchen, nap rooms, a gym, networking events, free (limited) monthly massages and open spaces attend to all of a member's needs. DigitalCrafts itself has a very holistic approach to a coding school: the paradigm of career - knowledge - support are captured well. Their teacher's assistants (referred to as developers in residence, or DIR for short) weave between students desks, to make themselves available for any student that is stuck, or needs clarification. The program director has a permanent presence at DigitalCrafts, and is incredibly accesible for all your concerns.

The career week gives ample time to focus on what the school emphasizes for gaining employment: writing a resume (with a full grade and broken down review) linkedin account, portfolio website, and interview etiquette - including this week is a mock interview. Also for the duration of the course, there are job related skills that are worked into the curriculum: the use of git (github in particular) for collaboration, pair-programming, agile-style stand-ups, test-driven development, AWS and deployment.

I researched bootcamps for a several years before choosing DigitalCrafts, and with its CIRR report (see below for more detail), comparatively high amount of instruction hours, raving reviews, and offer of  in-demand programming languages taught in their curriculum, I chose DigitalCrafts.

The curriculum is comprehensive and most current for fullstack development. A student begins at DigitalCrafts learning command line (useful for any developer in debugging, running servers, accessing files/directories), then quickly moves onto Python, a robust back-end language that is used as an introduction to programming language syntax that can be translated to the languages later used in the curriculum. Then you begin what you spend the remainder of the course on: JavaScript and all of its many forms (frontend, backend (Node), React, Redux).There are projects interlaced throughout the program, that give a student the opportunity to demonstrate their prowess of what they have just learned. Along with projects, there are in-class exercises that have specific requirements and that as a class, you progress through the steps together that add complexity to that exercise, or application.  Don't confuse this with a starter kit, or a code along. It's neither, it's a bit of demonstration and instruction, with class time to execute that feature. This is where the beauty of coding lies: stumbling and error messages are where you’ll build up your repertoire in debugging abilities. These debugging abilities give you insight on the fundamentals of how that programming language works. I encourage you to embrace the struggle long enough to precisely understand where your problem exists and then ask for help from your instructor or DIRs.

The instructor I had was wonderfully meticulous, and taught us best practice in coding protocol. He redirected those of us who drifted off-road of the best practice coding, with grace and patience. His methodology of teaching was to cause a lot of active learning, a proponent of existing in a constant level of struggle to facilitate learning. What this meant is the program wasn’t easy, but my curiosity couldn’t have been more piqued by what I was being exposed to. He provided enough background information to let independent coding commence, but not enough to avoid subsisting in that level of struggle that the instructor favored.

This course brings with it a kinship to the classmates you struggled along side of during the 4 month long course, which for me wasn’t recognizable until the last few days together.

Speaking of the other classmates, I’ve witnessed classmates earn jobs before the graduation of our cohort, securing salaries that the report on Council on Integrity in Results Reporting lures you into the program with. The promise of a job isn’t a lie, but it is a result of networking and job applications. On their slack channel, DigitalCrafts (DC) publishes almost on a daily basis job prospects that you either apply directly to, or submit your resume to DC’s career counselor for consideration.

This experience has felt like is has been life-altering, but that’s also dependent on my commitment to continue with a forward momentum into this industry - by studying, active networking, and consistency in submitting job applications.

I have no regrets, and encourage you to do an on-line web development course to assess your true interest. If your interest persists after the on-line course, sign up for DigitalCrafts bootcamp.

• Steven B • unemployed • Student

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my experience over the past four months at Digital Crafts. That said, I wish had more coding experience prior to enrolling. I was completely new to coding at the start of the course and sometimes it was hard for me to keep up with the rest of the class. If you're considering doing Digital Crafts, I would highly recommend spening at least a few months learning on your own before enrolling, and not just HTML and CSS, get comfortable with JavaScript too! I definitely learned a lot of the past 4 months, but the most successful students in my cohort had spent a lot of time learning on their own before the class started.

Almost all class excercises are done from scratch, starter code isn't provided. This is a better way to learn, but for beginners sometimes it can feel like you have nowhere to even begin.

I don't yet have a job, but I have no reason not to be optimistic about my job search.

• Save yourself!
    - 9/26/2018
    Dissatisfied Customer • Graduate

I'll be brief on this, SAVE YOUR MONEY! Its overrated, over priced, under delivers on all aspects. You can pay a couple hundred and self teach this material and have a better understanding than 4 months from this bootcamp. They will sell you on the "networking" or "job placement" services but its a sham. You can network through meetups (which is what they tell you to do anyways) and your career services is nothing more than a couple presentations on resumes or portfolios that you coudl find watching videos on youtube. They are shady in giving select students higher discounts/money off tuition, and only offer job opportunities or work their connections to the individuals they deem worthy to forward their brand and name. Their director of career services isn't even local nor has any experience in recruiting, resume/portoflio critiquing, and no insights into proper grammar. Not worth your time and especially your money! Save yourself the frustration and debt from this sham of a "company".

• Pratiba Shan • Graduate

I had a great learning experience at Digital Crafts .The curriculum is definitely intense and requires hours of work after class every day, but I'm amazed at how much I've learned in just a few short weeks! I had an amazing instructor.He was really supportive and helpful.

• Alexander Cleoni • Software Developer • Graduate

Before attending DigitalCrafts, I had no prior coding experience. Coming from a sales background I decided to switch career paths and explore software development. Out of the many boot camps in Atlanta, I had the pleasure of visiting the DC campus and taking a tour with Admissions director Zakia. It was at that time that I knew what my decision was going to be. After being accepted into the immersive program I was giving multiple precourse work which helped tremendously. During the program, I faced many challenges, but my instructor Chris pushed me beyond my limits and motivated me daily to become better. The entire DC team is very caring and is interested in seeing each and every student succeed. It definitely makes the students feel comfortable going through the program. The most important aspect about DC is that you are taught how to learn technologies on your own even after graduation, a highly valuable skill giving the short amount of time you have during the program. Other amazing experiences worth mentioning are career week, computer science electives, interview practices, algorithm challenges, and many more fill-in-the-gap exercises that build character beyond just learning how to code. In the end, attending DC was easily one of the best decisions I've made regarding my career.

• Kristen Baldwin • Graduate

The fact that the full-time program is 16 weeks (compared to the typical 12 weeks) was a huge plus. I felt like there was more time to understand the concepts, ask for help, and more projects and exercises to complete for more practice.

I also feel like DigitalCrafts does a great job of seeing what skills are in demand and teaching those to us as well as practical examples of how we would be using them. The Career Week is sooo helpful in getting your resume, portfolio, LinkedIn, and interviewing skills sharp to feel confident during your job search. And, they are always sharing job opportunities in your area to apply for.

Coming in with just a basic understanding of HTML and CSS, I fell in love with front-end development and also feel strong with the back-end. We had 4 total projects, which were the most useful to me for learning. If anything, they teach you how to be resourceful and figure out new things since you will always be learning in this field.

I highly recommend DigitalCrafts if you are serious about making a career switch since you will learn high demand skills and be able to market yourself well to future employers with what DigitalCrafts teaches you.

• David Hull • Full Stack Software Developer • Student

I had a really great experience at DigitalCrafts. However, it you want an experience similar to college you will not get it. A lot of the learning and becoming very good at coding is left to the student; which ultimately is a good thing. It may be off-putting at first but trust me, you will be thanking the coding gods DigitalCrafts is set up that way. When you get a development job, it will be expected of you to be able to look up and learn things yourself. If you can't find an answer or are really stuck, then the teachers and TA's are more than willing to answer your question.

Overall I really enjoyed my time at DigitalCrafts and learned a tremendous amount.

• Worth it
    - 5/25/2018
    Robby Ackerley • Graduate

I found the course to be worth the money. I learned exactly what I sought out to and found the teachers to be thorough, patient, and excited about the material.  The pace was demanding but it made each day tremendously valuable.

• Kyle Booth • Graduate

I very recently finished the DigitalCrafts 16-Week Fulltime Immersive program in Atlanta. At the risk of sounding overly dramatic, the experience stretched me and forced me to grow in ways that I did not foresee before it began. I wish everyone -- or at least lots more people -- could have this experience.

I had had some programming experience prior to enrolling in the course, so I was slightly worried that it might be too easy and I wouldn't learn enough to make it worth the time and money. Within about a week, I knew that this would not be the case. From about the second day, my brain was already being exercised more intensely than it had been in years, as we learned not only programming languages and libraries but also new and improved ways of looking at problems in general and working out solutions.

As the course progressed, we quickly moved into new development paradigms and there were moments when I felt hopelessly lost but learned that, even though the pace was fast and it sometimes felt like drinking from a firehose, if I just kept at a difficult topic long enough, a joyful moment would come when it would suddenly fall into place and I would "get it".

The teaching approach of our instructor, Jonathan Martin, was to ensure we understood the fundamentals of a subject before introducing us to higher-level abstractions. I can imagine that this is not always the case with courses of this type, especially when students are expected to go away with so many new skills to add to their resumes, the temptation may be to skip to past the basics of functional JavaScript, for example, and jump directly into a more "here is the code you write to make this happen" approach. Jonathan would expect us to understand what tools like Express or JSX or even built-in APIs were doing under the hood before we could use them. That way, when we did use one, it was a tool and not a crutch.

Now that I have finished the program and I have a moment to look back and consider the difference between where I started and where I am now and the things I can build now that I couldn't four months ago, I can wholeheartedly recommend the DigitalCrafts fulltime immersive program.

If you're ready to work hard and to push through some tough times, you'll come out a much better programmer and maybe even a better person on the other end.

• Ellen K. • Graduate

I took the full stack immersive program at DigitalCrafts. Before signing up, I contemplated doing the journey on my own and using online free resources. Now that I've completed the program, I'm really glad that I didn't. The support of the DigitalCrafts community was amazing. The students you interact with are all so intelligent, driven and interesting. You form bonds through your shared struggle and encourage each other. It really helped me get through. There is an instructor and TA's according to class size. All of these individuals are so smart and helpful. The course moves really fast. That seems like it should go without saying but there is not way in hell I would have learned this much on my own in this time. This course keeps you moving, keeps you in motion, and the community keeps your motivation going. All together, it's having this community that really makes it worthwhile.

• Michael • Graduate

The flex program is way, WAY overpriced. There is value, sure, but it’s not even close to worth the price tag. Sorry, I posted anon. I knew I would get hassled to take it down if I put my name. My breakdown after finishing:

Positives:

1. You will learn… something.
    2. The remote option is convenient and usually well done
    3. You don’t have to quit your job

Negatives:

1. The classes are fragmented because you never know who’s going to teach
    2. Unlike the full-time classes (or so I’ve heard), there is almost no support from other students because people don’t show up or have their own thing going
    3. Wherever you are at, the class will go too fast or too slow (this was universal)
    4. The final projects were mostly duds.

These criticisms are common of any flexible or online learning, but online learning doesn’t cost 5-figures. This does. When you finish, you won’t be poised to make any kind of career change. REPEAT: You aren’t going to be able to get a different job at the end. You’ll have enough knowledge to feel like you deserve more at your job, but not enough to actually get more. Like I said, it has value, but not enough.

What do you really get? You get code academy with accountability. That’s not worth 10 grand.

Response From: Max McChesney of DigitalCrafts
    Title: Co-Founder
    Monday, Apr 30 2018
    Hi, we're terribly sorry to hear that you didn't find our Flex program to live up to your expectations. As yours was our very first part-time Flex cohort, there were (and still are) some growing pains as we get the program off the ground and running per our expectations.  It's a different thing to teach / learn this material over nights and weekends (as opposed to full-time), and we've learned a lot of lessons! You definitely have some good, actionable points, and we're currently working to factor in the feedback we've received for future cohorts. One example is that our Flex Program will be switching to more of a 'flipped classroom' approach, drastically improving the efficacy of the time we have inside the classroom.  Again, our sincere apologies you didn't find your time with us as effective as you hoped for. If we can help you in any way, just reach out.
  • Be prepared
    - 3/24/2018
    Nydia Segura • Web Developer • Graduate

The one piece of advice I constantly give to prospective students is to be prepared! I don’t recommend going into such an intense and expensive program as a total noob.

The course is very intense and fast paced. In my experience, it was pretty much up to you to make sure you had all the material down. Every day consisted of a lecture and lab time for completing assignments. The instructor was present and available to answer questions, which is one of the most valuable parts of the program. I expected the instructor to be a little more involved but never felt uncomfortable asking even the smallest question.

The second most valuable part was interacting with students. Studying on your own can be intimidating, lonely and sometimes confusing since you don’t know how you measure up with other beginners. Group projects and collaborations were extremely helpful!

Overall, I am happy with my experience at digitalcrafts. I learned many different subjects, even if I didn’t end up being an expert by the end. It will always be up to you to continue building your skills once you’re on the path.

My advice would be to begin working on your portfolio and resume earlier than the curriculum let’s you! Also, Udemy 10 dollar sales are your friend.

• Excellent Choice!
    - 3/23/2018
    Michael Baxter • Graduate

DigitalCrafts was a fantastic experience from the get go. One of the things I liked the most about them was their communication and transparency. From the moment I applied, Jason (Campus Director) was always very accesible to answer questions and quick to respond to my phone calls or emails. I also liked how upfront he was about the program. I never felt like he was sugar coating or overselling anything about it, or that he was looking to just "fill seats". There was a genuine effort to screen potential students out that were not the correct fit, and find ones that understood the most important thing about this or any bootcamp. You will only get out of it what you put in, and because of that my class was filled with like minded and hard working students, which was just as invaluable as anything else DigitalCrafts offered.

• Kaitlin Bowman • Graduate

I admittedly went to a bootcamp for different reasons than most, and it showed. I was a good deal younger than the others in my cohort and felt the distance. Despite this, however, I felt as if I learned a good deal and got what I came for. This bootcamp is good for those who need a push in the right direction. It's a great leaping off point to further your own learning and/or get a job. If you're tremendously independent, you probably don't need a bootcamp in general, but if you need help finding motivation or need a jumping off point from which to learn, DigitalCrafts is flexible and very well suited to meet your needs.

• Sen Wang • Graduate

Overall experience and feeling:

Before Joining DigitalCrafts, I had a job in a different field. It's a  big decision to  quit the job and join DigitalCrafts. I really hesitated and worried for a long time. But I started feeling good and confident slowly along with the learning and practicing.

I joined the DigitalCrafts with a purpose of sharpening my coding skills and preparing myself for my interested direction in the computer science field. My objective is achieved, and I can confidently say that I am at intermediate level with Python programming now.

I got a job offer before graduation, but declined for a personal reason  thanks to the network of DigitalCrafts.   But because of what I learned, I am having a few interviews lined up. I am happy about my decision now.

Instructor:

Azam was our instructor, he is patient and knowledgable and experienced. I learned a lot from him.

Staff:

Jason, Jake and other staff are really nice and provided  great career support including getting potential employers, writing resume, preparing portfolio.

I like the curriculum, Python and Javascript were taught in the camp, and JavaScript practice is heavier.  Because my personal interest is a little different (data science/machine learning), I spent extra time on Python personally.

• Seth Zimmerman • Graduate

A lot of people ask, "Why go to code school? All of this information is available online, there are so many great tutorials… Why spend all this time and money just to learn content that’s all available online?”

Based off of this logic, you could learn rocket science online too.

One of the most invaluable parts of attending DigitalCrafts was not learning the content itself. It’s true. You can find all this stuff online in tutorials, documentation, videos, walkthroughs, etc. What you will not find is the community and atmosphere of learning that you enter into every single hour of every single day; you and the others in your cohort will be in an environment that encourages learning and discovery - every single hour of every single day. You will have access to a wizard of an instructor that can help you debug your code - every single hour of every single day.

You can see where I’m going with this. When you attend DigitalCrafts, you’re not paying for content to be shoved into your brain; you can get that anywhere. You’re giving yourself access to a learning environment like no other. Every day for four months, you will be immersed in an environment that allows you to stretch your technological and creative brain muscles, where there is no hindrance of other distractions or subject matters. For all intents and purposes, your job while attending the course is to learn how to code. How awesome is that?!?

This brings me to my next point - The greatest thing you learn in DigitalCrafts is not the stuff you’re learning; it’s learning how to learn effectively in a fast-paced, constantly evolving atmosphere. With many software development/engineering jobs, employers aren’t necessarily looking for someone who knows every single technology the project uses. They’re looking for someone who can learn. At DigitalCrafts, this process and ideology is instilled in students from the get-go.

Now, I know I said it’s not about the content, but, let’s be real, it does matter, and the DigitalCrafts staff have done their homework in that regard. The curriculum is relevant and on top of trends, but also provides the foundations needed to understand how the latest and greatest technologies work.

I will be honest - if you’re not 100% invested or are not interested in software development, don’t take the course. It won’t magically change your view or interest. But if you do have an innate desire to learn, a fascination with technology, and are willing to put in A LOT of hours of learning, debugging, and coffee, this course is for you. And if this course is for you, don’t think twice!

• Great experience!
    - 3/16/2018
    Rich Oswald • Graduate
    Excellent program, curriculum and care. Students admitted into program made the experience even better.
  • Andrew Keller • Graduate

I just graduated from DigitalCrafts about a week ago. While I have taken classes on and off, I have no college degree, and have worked in the restaurant industry for around five years. I wanted to do something more with my life and after some free online classes, programming seemed like a great direction. I was tired of taking college classes that didn't interest me just for required credits, so after doing some research, a bootcamp looked like a great alternative.

Looking at the website and during the application process, I came in thinking I would be learning a lot of python, since I had taught myself some and found it interesting. During an interview with the team, they mentioned python is just used to introduce some core programming concepts. We spent two weeks in python, then moved to javascript the remainder of the bootcamp. This is a web development course, so make sure that is what you are interested in.

I also took the comptuer science elective course, which I think was very important knowledge to know in general, but not super applicable to writing code in javascript. After graduation, you could be getting a job writing in languages other than javascript so having the computer science knowledge will be a good start.

DigitalCrafts was a great experience all around. My instructor, Chris Aquino, is not only extremely knowledgable about the material, but is a wonderful teacher, which can be more important at times. The student services and operations teams were always there to make sure I was productive and comfortable, and constantly giving me opportunities to connect more with the coding community and potential employers. I feel extremely confident about finding a job that I can create a career out of.

• Good foundation
    - 3/15/2018
    Rich R • Graduate

The instructor was a great communicator and very knowledgeable.  Likewise, the staff was supportive.  I feel like I have a good foundation to move forward.

• Kelvin Mai • Graduate

I have found the DigitalCrafts bootcamp to be a powerfully positive experience. You will learn quite a lot in short time span. In addition to the teachings, DC offers a lot of job support and you can tell they really care about your success as a software developer.

• Shahram Ghassemi • Graduate

DigitalCrafts was a great experience for me overall. I was a true beginner when it came to coding and computer science, I started coding about 2-3 months before the first day of class. Those 2-3 months I felt like I had learned a solid amount through self teaching, but it was absolutely nothing compared to the amount of knowledge I have gained through this four month course. Paul who was the teacher for our cohort did a fantastic job and is very knowledgable in all of the topics covered and more and there wasn't a single problem that I had that he could not solve. That is where I believe the value of the class truly lies. When you are trying to self teach yourself coding (especially if you're a true beginner), then you will inevitably run into many problems and get stuck often. While you could try for hours to push through the problems, sometimes you just won't be able to figure out the problem. Having someone who can clearly explain to you what the problem and solution is really does help a lot and I feel like that was very beneficial to accelerate the learning process. Also, having a structured course outline that covers many of the skills that are in demand in the job market was great too, as I would have been pretty lost trying to learn these topics on my own and may have take well over a year to do it on my own. I think DigitalCrafts is an exceptional school and in my opinion the best investment I have made in my life up to this point and I am feeling great about what the future holds for me with my newly gained skills.

• Josh Westbury, PhD • Software Developer • Student

After years as an academic, I decided it was time for a career change. So in September 2017, I began DigitalCrafts 16 week full stack immersive bootcamp in Houston, TX. By any measure, I was an absolute beginner when I started the program. Nevertheless, DigitalCrafts comprehensive curriculum, excellent instructor (Paul Bailey), and top-notch job-support team provided everything I needed to gain the necessary skills to land a full time job as a JavaScript/Node.js developer before the course ended.

If you're considering enrolling in a coding bootcamp. Look no further than DigitalCrafts.

• Ryan Leon • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

This was a great program from the admissions process to the instructor, to my peers, as well as career support. DigitalCrafts is an upfront organization that clearly sets your expectations of what you're getting in to from the get go, lots of hard work, and an intense curriculum, but a very experienced and knowledgeable instructor (Paul was amazing) that has your back. There is no job guaranteed at the end, but Jake, Max, Katy and Jason will be there to support you in your job hunt.

Some advice: The class is intense. There will be days, maybe weeks, where nothing will make sense. Keep cracking at the exercises and learn to use google and stackoverflow effectively. Do all the pre-work! If you have no coding experience try Free Code Camp even if you are planning on enrolling. If you have programming interests outside of the curriculum now is the time to pursue them; take advantage of the instructor's knowledge to help you overcome those inevitable obstacles. Be open to feedback, as DC is certainly open to yours. They want to see you succeed!

I'm three weeks in to what feels to be a great job after a roller coaster of a hunt, and couldn't be happier. I'm obviously still learning, but the foundation of skills DC has taught me has already been immediately applicable to my job and allowed me to begin contributing from week one.

DigitalCrafts has an acceptance rate of 43%, of which 71% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 72% graduate. 57% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $60,000.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Outcomes data includes only students who enrolled in the full-time Immersive program. See our audited Student Outcomes report, which differs slightly from Course Report's approach to organizing outcomes, for detailed reporting.

Note also that we count apprenticeships, internships and contract roles as a single pool. We do not have data regarding freelance employment.