digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Kennesaw, Online, Seattle, Tampa, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts is an online and in-person software development school offering 16-week full-time and 26-week part-time full-stack software development programs. Online classes are streamed in real time with live instruction creating a collaborative learning environment for all students. DigitalCrafts's campuses in Atlanta, Houston, Tampa, and Seattle are open to all students who enroll whether in-person or online. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive learning experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts is their elective program, where students or alumni have access to a variety of remote workshops and technical talks as an additional perk.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional software engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." Additionally, students receive resume, portfolio and interview guidance preparing each student for the job search upon graduation. The admissions process consists of an online application, coding exercise, and admissions meeting. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (214) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (32) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date July 7, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Tampa, Online
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more. PS - Our Kennesaw campus is launched in partnership with Kennesaw State University.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a scholarship to attend our Immersive or Flex programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    July 7, 2020 - Houston
    August 18, 2020 - Houston
    July 7, 2020 - Tampa
    August 18, 2020 - Tampa
    July 7, 2020 - Atlanta
    August 18, 2020 - Atlanta
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, SQL, Python
    Start Date July 27, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Tampa, Online
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    July 27, 2020 - Tampa
    July 27, 2020 - Houston
    August 17, 2020 - Houston
    September 8, 2020 - Houston
    October 19, 2020 - Houston
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, MVC, Agile, SQL
    Start Date July 7, 2020
    Delivered remotely, the 26-Week Online Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Online Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    July 7, 2020 - Online
    August 18, 2020 - Online
    September 22, 2020 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

Start Date July 27, 2020
    Delivered remotely, this 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront or finance tuition through Sallie Mae
    July 27, 2020 - Online
    August 17, 2020 - Online
    September 8, 2020 - Online
    October 19, 2020 - Online
  • Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date September 29, 2020
    LocationSeattle, Online
    Powered by DigitalCrafts, the Western Washington University's 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is a part-time coding bootcamp program designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals who prefer longer but more flexible class hours. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & PostgreSQL, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. The DigitalCrafts' curriculum is proven and their alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, New York Times, Home Depot, Chick-fil-A, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Skills Fund.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Skills Fund.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen & WWU staff, faculty and students will automatically receive a $1,000 scholarship to attend the Flex program
    September 29, 2020 - Seattle
    - 10/20/2018
    Brandon Humphries  User Photo
    Brandon Humphries • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Earlier this year I decided to quit my job and attend the Full Stack Immersive Program at DigitalCrafts. I had no prior coding experience, so I was definitely nervous about understanding the material and keeping up with the pace.

The four months were definitely a roller coaster ride. There were days that I would quickly grasp concepts and then there were days where I struggled to put code on the screen. And as easy as it was to second guess my decision on those days that I struggled, I saw my struggles as a sign that I was learning and challenging myself. I wouldn't be gaining anything if everything was easy. Learning fundamentals is stressed throughout the course instead of introducing the easier shortcuts right away. The curriculum is robust, so you get exposure to different areas of full stack development. The projects are awesome because they allow you to go through sprint-like scenarios that you may encounter in a job setting. The projects also allow you to own the project from beginning to end. You are coming up with the project idea, then you design and develop your project, and then you are able to deploy it for the world to see! The project weeks were easily the most exciting parts of this course!

I truly enjoyed my time at DigitalCrafts. There is a reason why they are rated so highly. The staff was always supportive and there to help in any way they could. Our instructor, Jonathan, was so passionate about helping our class not only learn to code, but to code well. He emphasized the better and more conventional ways to do things and he encouraged us to avoid improper use of code. Jonathan had over a decade of experience but he was able to break down concepts and clearly explain them so that those of us with no coding background could understand. I feel well-prepared for my career change and I could not be happier with my experience! I definitely recommend this program to anyone looking to make the leap into web development!

• Hannah Glasser  User Photo
    Hannah Glasser • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I could not have been happier with my experience at DigitalCrafts. Prior to attending this bootcamp, I was working as a Paralegal and trying to learn to code on the side. I knew that in order to make the career change, I wanted something full-time and in person to really ramp up my learning. That limited my search to bootcamps in Atlanta. In that regard, everything I had heard really pushed me towards DigitalCrafts. I based my decision on reviews, personal testimonials from DC alumni in my network, and overall just a good deal of online research. As many people will tell you - you really do get out of this what you put into it. If you have the time and the money to devote to this, and you are ready to put your all into it - then I highly recommend attending DigitalCraft's Full-Time Immersive program.

Some specific details of what in particular I really appreciated about the course are below:

1. Group Projects - this was huge and something that I feel really gave me a lot to talk about in interviews. We had 4 big projects throughout the 16 week program. In each one, you have to come up with something unique for your group to work on, plan out the work flow, and then actually execute everything in about 1 week. You start learning to solve problems that may not have been directly discussed in lecture, communicate effectively in a group, and constantly adjust your product to fit what you have the time and capability to accomplish.

2. The Instructor - My instructor was a very good speaker, and someone that excelled in breaking technical concepts down into something people with very little experience or background knowledge can understand. There is a huge difference in learning by randomly googling, versus learning from someone that really focuses on best practices and figuring out the most efficient, logical, and readable way to accomplish something. I can not say enough great things about Jonathan.

• Ian Gornall  User Photo
    Ian Gornall • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My approach to learning coding was originally to learn content through online platforms like Coursera and Udemy while practicing on freeCodeCamp.  I spent about half a year at it, and learned quite a bit, but I hit a point where I knew that to keep myself motivated I would need to find a classroom setting where I would have a structured environment to learn.

My background is that I have always been strong in math.  I took an AP Computer Science course over 15 years ago and did well in that, but pursued Psychology in college and taught elementary school for six years before deciding to pursue coding again.

I gained a lot out of DigitalCrafts.  The curriculum is fast-paced and even the material that I thought I had already learned was presented in a new light.  I learned to think critically about not just how to program, but how to program well - what design patterns were elegant and what patterns should be avoided due to inefficiency or likelihood to cause bugs.  The curriculum was geared towards developing a strong foundation of skills and then challenging students to figure out the more advanced tooling in teams.

The team projects were both difficult and enlightening.  Working in groups, we learned both how to use tools to manage project collaboration, something you just don't learn on your own, and explored techniques and technologies that were not directly taught in class.  In a field where new technologies are being developed all the time, developers must adapt and be ready to learn and implement them to stay relevant in the field.

We built full-stack applications with multiple features, having to set up database tables, backend routes, and front-end dynamic interfaces for each feature.  This incremental development across the stack reinforced the skills learned in class.  In addition, we built what we wanted to build, so we repeated implementations of technologies on intrinsically motivating projects, while learning new things required for each additional feature.  I cannot think of a better way to learn.

The instructor was personable, dynamic, and interesting.  The class environment was supportive and positive.  The staff was full of friendly, helpful people.

I highly recommend this program.

• Michael Lohmeier  User Photo
    Michael Lohmeier • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Before the actual review of the bootcamp itself, let's establish some setting: DigitalCrafts is located on the 4th floor of the Atlanta Tech Village, a beautiful building, collaborative space, and tech hub in downtown Buckhead. It has lots of windows with great views of the city and a big flatscreen in front of the elevators on the first floor that tells you, every five minutes, in glorious high-definition capital letters, to HUSTLE. You will meet some VERY interesting people here if you're open and willing to do that. Now let's get to my educational experience in the full-stack immersive program: because of DigitalCrafts, I am now fully prepared to work as a software engineer. Every single day in Johnathan's classroom was a worthy challenge and a very cool experience, and the level of required focus brought on a personal cognitive shift. I don't just know how to code now, I'm a more open and direct communicator and a more rigorous thinker. I feel totally prepared for the real and virtual world of software engineering, and perhaps more importantly, I'm having real conversations with the people who can make that happen.

• Matthew Marberry  User Photo
    Matthew Marberry • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I could not string together words in an efficient enough way to accurately describe how amazing my experience was at DigitalCrafts.  Every step of the cohort was an amazing experience.  Each member of the staff genuinely cared about the success of each and every student.  Zakia and Liz work especially hard to make sure students are content and successful throughout the cohort.

My instructor was Johnathan and I cannot speak high enough about his skills as a teacher.  He is a true genius and brings a great energy and heightened level of charisma to all of his lectures.  He placed importance on learning the basics and foundations of programming - we would often learn stuff the 'hard' way first before moving on to material that better solves the problem at hand.  This way we knew exactly what was going on behind the scenes when we were using certain functions in our programming.

Johnathan and our DIR's Rachel and Ben were all amazing - they were always eager to help someone through an issue, but they would never provide the answer.  They would make efforts to guide the student towards to solution so the student could truly have that, "AHA!" moment when they understand the problem and the solution.

I attended college for 4 years and I can honestly say that I learned more in this immersive cohort than I did when I was at college, that is because I was learning entirely new languages and problem solving skills that were mostly foreign to me.

I had already had a foundation in CSS, JavaScript and HTML - but anything related to the backend, databases or React was entirely foreign to me.  I walked away from the program able to make a fully functional app that I believe in, am passionate about and could garner investment from the right crowd.

If you are considering a bootcamp in the Atlanta or Houston area - I would tell you not to look any farther than DigitalCrafts.  They are very good at what they do.

• Sara Muntean  User Photo
    Sara Muntean • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

About five months ago, I made the craziest decision of my life: to quit my full-time job, move states, and join DigitalCrafts, with no background in technology. Now that I'm finished and looking back, I can confidently say it was the best decision I've ever made. Everyone at DigitalCrafts, from the students, staff, and instructors created the best, most optimized environment for learning. DigitalCrafts gave me access to tons of resources, from resume and portfolio guidance, mock interviews, and 480 hours of instruction, but by far the best thing they ever gave me was the empowerment to learn and try new things, things I was always too scared to try. The projects and knowledge I've learned through this bootcamp will undoubtedly allow me to bring value to any future workplace, and the relationships I've built with my fellow students will last a lifetime. I can't recommend DigitalCrafts enough, and if you're on the fence: Just do it. Take the leap. DigitalCrafts will do everything in their power to ensure your success.

• Matthew Fisher  User Photo
    Matthew Fisher • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I dropped my last job as an electrical engineer to learn full-stack web development at DigitalCrafts.  I can say that it was absolutely worth every penny.  I had Veronica as my instructor and she made coding super fun and enjoyable.  The environment is extremely conducive to learning and you will learn a LOT in 4 months.  At times it can be very stressful, so it really helps when you have an instructor that goes out of their way to help students succeed.

DigitalCrafts cares very much about imbuing their students with the tools to make it in the world of software.  If you're at all serious about getting into web development, DigitalCrafts is a no-brainer, especially for those in the Houston area.  Overall I would rate 5/5, would recommend to a friend.  Work hard and take their curriculum seriously and you will come out with a solid foundation for launching a fruitful career in web development.

• Melissa Cantu  User Photo
    Melissa Cantu • Student Verified via LinkedIn

When I decided to make a change of career to Software Developer I was a little afraid I was gonna be really lost because I had no coding experience, but after doing a little research I found Digital Crafts, which had really great reviews and everyone said the program was amazing, so I decided to do it. Today I'm so happy I found it and I'm so happy with my decision to do it because it really is one of the best experiences in my life.

The amount of things you learn in four months is crazy (good crazy). It takes a lot of commitment, work and dedication to learn everything but everyone is so helpful and always willing to help you with everything. The instructors are amazing, the program is amazing, all the digitalCrafts team are amazing and friendly, so for everyone who is thinking about going for a change and are not so sure to just go for it because you have no experience or very little experience, my advice to you is to just go for it and go with digitalCrafts, you will not regret it and personally, i'm really impressed about where I am now, and where I was four months ago.

PS: The pre-work is really helpful to not be lost the first days if you're really new to coding; and if you're not its a good practice, so do it. :)

• Keith Pittman  User Photo
    Keith Pittman • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before attending DigitalCrafts, I was learning and coding in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript and not sure what step I should take to start being able to develop professional websites for startups and corporations. I found that DigitalCrafts had great reviews and decided to join and don't regret it in the slightest! Although DigitalCrafts starts off with basic fundamentals and is very beginner-friendly, most students seemed like they were at an equal skill level once we started backend technologies. For our final projects, many startups and agencies within the office building came in to pitch ideas and let us work directly with them to gain experence working with businesses/clients.

Veronica was an amazing instructor and was always able to teach complicated topics in a simple, understandable way, and the TAs were always there to help students with whatever problems we would face during our projects and homework. Veronica always made sure all of us were understanding what we were studying and made it fun. One of the TAs(James) even came to the school on a Saturday to help me and two others on issues we were facing on our projects and stayed till 8:30pm coding with us and making sure we understood the concepts we were struggling with.

I would definitely recommend DigitalCrafts for both begineers and CS majors and suggest to future students to do as much of the prework as possible so that once you're in class, you can spend more time trying to understand the more complex topics rather than struggling with the basics.

• Carlton Freeman  User Photo
    Carlton Freeman • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I'll start with the good stuff:

This course is the best investment of both my time and my money that I've made in my career. If you've been teaching yourself code through tutorials and books, but are having a tough time pulling all those elements together to build projects from scratch, DigitalCrafts will get you there. You just have to be willing to put in the work.

The technologies taught here are extremely relevant in today's development landscape, and there are many high-paying roles where you can solve interesting problems with the skills you'll learn in this course. I think you also get a good survey of the differences between back-end and front-end development, so you can make an educated decision about which to specialize in. Or, you can be indecisive like me and try to be both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The instructors were another big positive here. Lachlan and Adam are both extremely knowledgeable, and have each carved out great tech careers. Folks that are lucky enough to find a technical mentor have a huge leg-up in teaching themselves to code. Not everyone has access to a mentor, so having these two industry experts to ask questions to and learn from for 6 months was a huge part of the value of this course.

I'd also say the folks leading DigitalCrafts are very open to feedback. We saw quite a few changes made on the fly based on feedback from students, and I've already heard some great ways they're improving future cohort's courses based on our experience.

Finally, the structure of a classroom environment and a cohort of peers all learning and struggling with the material alongside you really helps. When you try to teach yourself watching YouTube tutorials and you don't understand something, there's not much you can do other than find another one or keep re-watching until you understand it. When you are in a classroom and you don't get something, it's likely there are other classmates that don't get it either. The instructors are pretty good about checking for understanding, and can find another way to explain the topic until everyone's on the same page.

The less-than-great:

We started things off with a Programming Fundamentals section, which is an excellent place to start. However, it was taught in Python, which we never used after that intro. DigitalCrafts heard our feedback loud and clear on that, and I have heard they're just going to teach this section in JavaScript (the primary language used throughout the course) for future cohorts.

I'd offer the same critique as the Python section for the jQuery sections. Though it's still useful, jQuery is pretty dated, and we replace it with React later in the course. I think teaching the DOM manipulation stuff in vanilla JavaScript would be a better use of that time, and build familiariity with the language earlier on.

I don't count this as a "negative", as it's not part of what the course sells itself as, but Computer Science fundamentals like algorithms and data structures are not covered in the course. Learning these makes you much stronger in tech interviews, so I'd recommend taking the more CS-themed electives as they become available, and spending a lot of time becoming practicing these kinds of problems on leetcode.com or codewars.com.

• Katherine Gibson  User Photo
    Katherine Gibson • Developer in Residence • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended DigitalCrafts from Feb - Aug 2018 as part of their first part-time flex cohort. I am currently working as a DIR for the program so my opinions are coming from two perspectives.

As a student: DigitalCrafts was a great choice for me as stay at home mom with no experience in coding. The initial pre-work was useful and necessary to get you started on the right foot. I would recommend the flex program to anyone who is needing to continue working or cannot dedicate 3 solid months to learning how to code. There were some rough patches at times since this was their first flex cohort, but I still feel like the quality of instruction was good. The instructors were very knowledgeable both in content and career. Keep in mind, if this is something you are considering, it will take a lot of work on your end. Instructors provide lecture and advice but if you are not willing to put in the time and effort you will not be successful. You will get out what you put in.

As a DIR: Though it hasn't been long, since becoming a DIR I have been able to watch DigitalCrafts improve. One of my highest compliments to the company is their ability and willingness to listen to feedback and adapt. They ask for feedback often and will take action on comments from their students and staff. I feel and hope that this program will only grow and improve.

• Gabriel Frontera  User Photo
    Gabriel Frontera • gfrontera@gmail.com • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After several years yearning for a career change, I decided to take the bootcamp route to formalize my interest in programming. During my research, I noted that DigitalCrafts' name and reputation stood out from the rest of Houston programs. DigitalCrafts' fully immersive class provides not only the foundation, but the blueprint for a successful career in the tech world.

Now, it is indeed a challenging 16 weeks. The curriculum packs a lot of work (projects, assignments, extra-curricular learning, etc)  in such a short time. However, the resources to succeed are there. Attentive instructors and TAs, as well as the resources from the DigitalCraft wide network of alumni and current students. In addition to the actual material covered, the staff, including the Campus Director, provide insightful and constructive job-seeking feedback, as well as thorough presentations to make sure that the students are well prepared to tackle the job market.

I could not be happier with my decision to enroll as I see myself light-years away from where I was 5 months ago.

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 94% graduated. 75% of graduates were job-seeking and 80% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 133 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes include only students in the Full Stack Immersive program.

Note: Apprenticeships, internships and contract roles counted as a single pool. We do not collect data regarding short-term, part-time or freelance employment.