digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Online, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts offers a 16-week full-time and a 26-week part-time full-stack developer bootcamp in Atlanta and Houston. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive classroom experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts is their elective program, where students or alumni have access to a variety of workshops and presentations as an additional perk.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." In addition, students receive resume/portfolio guidance and a mock interview lesson. The admissions process consists of an online application, interview, and coding challenge. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (194) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (28) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile
    Start Date May 26, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae (preferred lender) or Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a scholarship to attend our Immersive or Flex programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner or Intermediate
    Prep WorkPre-requisite work will be provided.
    May 26, 2020 - Houston
  • Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, Python, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End
    Start Date March 30, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner or Intermediate
    Prep WorkPre-requisite work will be provided.
    March 30, 2020 - Atlanta
    August 17, 2020 - Houston
    October 19, 2020 - Houston

• Thomas D'Ostilio  User Photo
    Thomas D'Ostilio • Student Verified via GitHub

After leaving my finance job to transition into tech I was nervous about which coding school to attend. I have to honestly say in hindsight choosing DigitalCrafts was by far and large the best decision of the bunch.  My instructor Chris was one of the best teachers I have ever had across any discipline. He is incredibly smart, thoughtful, and helpful.

The sixteen week program was also a huge benefit. Given that I was starting from only a self-study programming background, with no formal education, the extra time spent working with Chris and my fellow classmates was crucial. I can honestly say I learned a ton during my time here. I was also fortunate to receive a job offer to be a Software Engineer in week 14 of the 16 week program., to cap off an overall excellent experience.

• Wonderful Program
    - 10/10/2017
    Katie L.  User Photo
    Katie L. • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I completed the immersive 16 week course at DigitalCrafts Atlanta location. Joining a bootcamp was one of the more difficult decisions I've made in life; however, I wouldn't take back a moment of it. I came in knowing light HTML and CSS and what a crazy journey it's been. I feel if I had learned purely on my own, I wouldn't be at the same place I am now for another year or so. And by that time, I'm sure another 10 languages would have came out and I'd be behind.

The staff was always friendly and helpful, both before starting and during the 16 weeks (even when I asked 1000x questions). The teacher was incredibly knowledgeable, patient, and able to keep the class laughing. I loved the small class size. I felt I could truly have a moment of either the TA's or teacher's time and go through concepts I was having troubles with.

Curriculum is on point. The biggest hurdle of programming is getting down the basics. If you don't understand the basics, when the next shiny new language comes out it'll take you so much more time to learn. This course focuses heavily on the basics when starting with Python. Covering classes, functions, variables, arrays, objects, dictionaries, algorithums, clean coding, command line, syntax, making comments, and the list goes on. From there, we jumped into CSS/HTML and JavaScript. These 4 are all languages that are not going ANYWHERE anytime soon. After all the basics were down, we jumped into more niche languages and kept building upon the fundamentals.

As far as job assistance, they have a staff member dedicated to reviewing resumes, Github profiles, LinkedIn profiles, cover letters and portfolios. She is incredibly knowledgeable and knows the tech industry very well. She does a thorough job going through spelling, grammar, links on your portfolio and more.

Overall, DigitalCrafts was a great experience. And with every other bootcamp, you get what you put into it. Yes class is 9-4pm, but you better believe we don't only put 30 hours a week into this. Most people stayed past class and/or came in on the weekends. It's not easy, but the teachers, staff, and my classmates made it a wonderful 16 weeks.

• Marissa Monivis  User Photo
    Marissa Monivis • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Dropping everything to attend a fully-immersive 4 month coding bootcamp is an extremely risky and expensive commitment, but DigitalCrafts was worth every minute and penny. After spending a couple of years in the Account Management realm of the Advertising Industry, I found myself looking for a more technical and creative career path through web development. I spent several months researching the different programs in the Atlanta area, from General Assembly to Iron Yard, but none of those programs appealed to me as much as the Full-Stack approach that DigitalCrafts offered.

The DigitalCrafts curriculum changes with the industry, making it a versatile program with up-to-date material. This ensures the relevancy to the students entering the industry and keeps them marketable for companies looking to hire them. The Full-Stack approach really appealed to me the most because it covers both front-end and back-end languages, allowing the students to explore both aspects of web development. This gave myself and the other students the ability to learn both sides of web development and choose which path interested them the most.

Rob Bunch, the instructor for my cohort, was incredibly knowledgable about all the material taught in the curriculum and was passionate for each and every student throughout the entirety of the 16 week program. He adapted the pace of the course to the individual cohort and made sure every student received the help and support the needed to succeed. He kept the course engaging and entertaining, and used real life industry examples to help students relate to the material being covered.

The founders, Max and Jake, as well as the rest of the staff, dedicated countless hours to ensuring our success in the program. Throughout the length of the course, the DigitalCrafts team offered amazing job support through project, resume, and online portfolio reviews, as well as continuously providing a wide array of part-time, full-time, and contract-to-hire opportunities through the many DigitalCrafts Slack channels.

All in all, DigitalCrafts was an unforgettable experience. From the people I met to the confidence I gained as a new developer in the tech industry, I can’t thank the DigitalCrafts team enough for all that they provide in their Full-Stack Development program. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking to get into the web development industry!

• Merilee Wheelock  User Photo
    Merilee Wheelock • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My decision to attend DigitalCrafts and pursue a future in Full-Stack Web Development is by far the most rewarding decision I have made in my career. I spent five years in project management before I decided to take my career in a different direction. DigitalCrafts does a great job of taking career changers from all walks of life and teaching them the skills needed to become Full-Stack Web Developers in a short amount of time.

The founders, Max and Jake, take great care to ensure that they have the best talent teaching the class. They recognize that it is the instructors who keep students engaged and motivated throughout the 16 week program, which is not an easy feat for a classroom full of students who are completely new to the subject. I was lucky to have Rob Bunch as my instructor. Rob is incredibly knowledgeable and a highly qualified developer; he is also one of the funniest and most genuine people I have ever met. His passion for his students and their success is clear, and he keeps his students motivated to work hard and to keep learning. I found myself looking forward to each class not only for the subject material, but to interact with Rob and continue to learn from the best.

The curriculum changes based on what is in demand in the job market. In the quick paced and ever changing world that is web development, the curriculum may change from one cohort to the next (or even mid-cohort). DigitalCrafts is not afraid to change their curriculum to stay up to speed with the current tech trends.

The career search support has been excellent, with DigitalCrafts providing feedback on resumes, portfolios, and online profiles. Jake and Max constantly send updates on job postings in the area and will reach out to potential employers on the student's behalf to introduce DigitalCrafts.

I truly believe that DigitalCrafts is the best coding bootcamp in Atlanta and would absolutely recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone looking to get into Full-Stack Web Development. Without a doubt, I would absolutely attend DigitalCrafts again.

• Drew Tolliver  User Photo
    Drew Tolliver • Full-Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

DigitalCrafts is something special. A coding bootcamp by itself isn't anything special. There are hundreds of them. If you stand downtown in a major city and throw a rock in a random direction you'll probably hit one, or it will at least land close to one. So what makes DigitalCrafts stand out?

1. The Founders: Jake and Max have built a strong, close-knit organization that feels organic. They have hired instructors and staff that genuinely care for the students and take pride in what they do. They are on-site and available to answer questions, resolve issues, or just chat. They are supportive and encouraging, and they will challenge you to do your best.

2. The Staff: During my cohort two new staff members were hired, Liz and Zakia. From day one they were friendly, helpful and ethusiastic. They took interest in our projects. They gave their insights from their respective fields in order to help clarify questions about things like searching for a job. Katy wasn't on-site, but communicating with her was fast and easy. She quickly and efficiently provided several pages of feedback on my resume, portfolio, LinkedIn profile, and Github page, which were quite helpful in maximising the chance of getting interviews and ultimately landing a job.

3. The Instructors: Rob was my instructor, and he is easily one of the best teachers I have ever had. He's smart and funny and is able to present difficult concepts in an entertaining way, yet clearly and concisely enough so that at the very least you can easily learn more about any given topic on your own and be able to learn it well. His breadth and depth of knowledge and experience are second to none and he is more than willing to share his knowledge, as well as work with you individually to work through a difficult problem. He stayed in the classroom with one student from my cohort until well past midnight helping them with a project. For our final project my partner and I wanted to use tools that weren't covered in class. Instead of insisting we use what we learned in class (which he could have easily done), he ecouraged us, gave us resources, and shared his experience with us in order to ensure we were successful.

4. The Students: What can I say about my fellow classmates? Over the 16-week course, we laughed together, cried together, got frustrated together, and triumphed together. Note that the key word here is together. We all came from different professional and educational backgrounds; we varied in age, socioeconomic demographics, domestic profiles, country of birth, and language. Despie our outward differences, we supported and helped each other, encouraged each other, and rooted for each other. I started DigitalCrafts among 15 other classmates but graduated with 15 new friends.

So now the question is, did I make the right decision in attending DigitalCrafts? The answer is an unequivocal "YES!"

• Hayes Capers  User Photo
    Hayes Capers • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

DigitalCrafts is an amazing experience. It takes a lot to drop your career and devote 4 months to a coding bootcamp. It's expensive and risky, but if you think web development is your future, DigitalCrafts is the place for you. The staff is amazing, the environment is comfortable, and the students are all willing to work hard.

Jake and Max have done an excellent job providing an effective program that really cares about the students. Day or night they are always willing to help, and if they can't help they will find someone who can. Rob, my instructor, is exteremly intelligent and wonderfully witty. He is not the bog standard anti-social computer nerd. He loves to teach while connecting with his students. He walks the line between humor and instruction gracefuly, explaining complex ideas with effective, comedic analogies.

Atlanta Tech Village where the Atlanta classes take place, is an awesome locations to say the least. It is very modern, leaving you with a feeling that you might just be working at google. If you are having a bad day, there are pingpong tables, videogames, and free beer in the community center. The building isn't only dedicated to DigitalCrafts. It is littered with tech startups of every variety, so you are constantly surrounded by people who have real working experience. Not only does this present you with unlimited networking opportunities, but it's also a great way to learn from real professionals.

The students at DigitalCrafts come in all shapes and sizes. Some people in my class were in their early twenties others were in their thirties. Some had masters degrees, some had PhDs, and others had no degree at all, but everyone was intelligent and willing to work really hard towards the same goal. Our backgrounds didn't matter, we were all staring from the bottom. Everyone had strengths and weaknesses which is a huge help. If you have trouble someone else can help, if someone else has trouble you can help. I found that helping others was very a great way to reinforce the things we were learning in class ehich made helping others a benificial activity.

One of the biggest benefits of DigitalCrafts is their connections in the Atlanta area. From Chick-fil-a to Home Depot, they have good relationships with plenty of companies and will get you interviews. They provide career support during and after the program, constantly posting jobs they find and openings at companies who come to them looking far suitable applicants.

DigtalCrafts was the adventure of a lifetime. One I wish I could do all over again.

• Tanweer  User Photo
    Tanweer • Software Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Did I need to go to a coding bootcamp to learn software development?

No. There is more than enough information available through free resources such as freeCodeCamp, edX, Coursera, and Udemy to transition successfully into a software development career.

Would I still make the decision to attend DigitalCrafts if I had to all over again?

Yes. Yes. Yes! What made my DigitalCrafts experience worthwhile wasn't their curriculum (don't get me wrong, that was great too) but rather the mentorship from a Senior Developer whose sole role was to transform me into a competent software developer. I value the confidence I gained at DigitalCrafts tenfolds more than the knowledge I gained here. I was intimidated when applying because of how foreign development felt to me. But little by little, that intimidation transformed into a newfound passion for developing and building applications that can make a substantive impact on people's lives and businesses.

If you know you want to attend a bootcamp, but aren't sure which one to attend, I strongly recommend DigitalCrafts. Especially if you're in Houston. Every member I've talked to on their staff seems to really care a lot about the students' success. And they're all very approachable!

My primary concern when deciding to apply was whether a program as new as DigitalCrafts would be able to provide me with a network strong enough to benefit me. It has and I think it will for you too. Their alumni network and their career network is growing by the cohort... so what I had will only be better for you.

Some tips if you apply:

Do the prework! You don't have to do all of it, but I recommend at least going through fundamental concepts of programming through a class like CS50x or MIT 6.00.1x on edx.org (both of these classes are free and DC will even reimburse you for their verified certificate).

And have some experience with Python, JavaScript, HTML, and CSS coming in so you spend your time in class to learn and excel instead of just catching up. They will provide you recommendations to learn the basics in these topics but I recommend freeCodeCamp.com for JS, HTML, and CSS, and automatetheboringstuff.com for Python. Both of these resources are free will be more than adequate to prepare you for class.

While you're in class, feel free to explore and go into depth of topics that you're interested in! I started learning Machine Learning and Cyber Security while I was in class. I recommend TeachYourselfCS.com to dive deeper into the theory behind the languages you will learn in class.

And lastly, remember to have fun! Sometimes stepping away and taking a break was all I needed to figure out how to solve the problems I was having with my code.

I hope to see y'all on the Slack channel soon!

• Ning   User Photo
    Ning • Student Verified via GitHub

I would highly recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone who is interested in enrolling in a coding bootcamp. The staff is very supportive, especially my instructor Toby. I had no coding experience prior to the course and struggled a lot throughout the course, but Toby went above and beyond to help me out. Toby cares about each student. He created challenges for students who were ahead of the class, but also created exercises for students who were behind in class and out of class. His support and encouragement gave me the confidence to keep on pursuing a career in web development. DigitalCrafts hires instructors who are not only skilled but are also determined to help you succeed.

Although DigitalCrafts is fairly small compared to the other bootcamps they have an expanding network and a great administration. They provide you with career support and have someone who gives you feedback for your resume, portfolio, github, and LinkedIn profile.

It’s a fast-paced and challenging course especially for beginners, but if you’re willing to put in the work it will be rewarding!

• Andreea  User Photo
    Andreea • Front End Developer Verified via GitHub

I recently graduated from Digital Crafts and it has been one of the best educational experiences I have ever had. The first thing that won me over was the level of importance they put on the pre-work to prep you for the course. The instructors are highly qualified, and took the time to work with students if they were falling behind or ahead of the class. The curriculum is designed to teach you the most marketable technology skill set. The course is very fast paced, and I did have to put in lots of time outside of the classroom to learn and finish projects.

When I first started researching bootcamps I wasn't sure if this was the best route to go, and I was very nervous about landing a job after completing a coding bootcamp. I ended up receiving an offer right before graduation and another one the week after graduation. We were provided with very good documentation to help you succeed in finding a job. They even have a person on staff who will provide you with thorough feedback on your resume, portfolio, github, and LinkedIn profile.

I definitely wouldn't have been able to gain the confidence and knowledge to become a web developer in such a short amount of time without Digtical Crafts.

• Steven Rodriguez  User Photo
    Steven Rodriguez • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The first time I had ever attempted to code was for the entrance quiz to DigitalCrafts. In the 8 months since then, I have developed the skills, confidence and eagerness to pursue a career in web development. This could not have been done without the amazing support of the instructors and campus counselors at DigitalCrafts.

One person in particular, my course instructor Toby, was extremely patient with me during the many moments that I doubted myself throughout the 16-week process. He is committed to helping his students at any stage in their learning process, both in and out of the classroom. From what I understand, DigitalCrafts hires instructors who are not only extremely knowledgebale of the topics covered in the curriculum, but also very patient and driven to help students learn in what might be the most challenging endeavor of their lives.

In addition, my campus counselors played an integral part in keeping me sane and assured during this process. They were very helpful to each student in the area of job assistance. I never had to wait long to hear feedback on items such as my resume, portfolio, and job-hunting inquiries. They reached out to potential employers and developed relationships with companies that have gone on to hire many gradutates from DigitalCrafts. The professionalism of Max, Jake, Natalie, and Katy, just to name a few, is second to none.

I would highly recommend other beginners take the plunge and enroll in DigitalCrafts. I promise you won't find a better support network than the great people at this bootcamp.

• Debra  User Photo
    Debra • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Everything about how DigitalCrafts operates makes this one of the best educational experiences out there. From the quality top-notch instruction, career support, curriculum, and location made it a life-changing experience. I got a job offer the day before graduating, and a few other students received offers during the class as well. It is intense, especially during the last couple weeks. It is easy to fall behind in the material because the class moves so quickly. I really recommend anyone considering this to be absolutely sure and absolutely dedicated because it is not a walk in the park. Students that put in more effort and were willing to spend outside class hours coding, no doubt got more out of it than students who did not.

Instruction: I was fortunate enough to be a part of Toby's last cohort. It was clear from Day 1 that he is truly passionate about coding and teaching. He had no problem breaking things down for us, helping us dissect the material, until we finally got it. When he felt that some students were ahead of the material, he created special bonus exercises to challenge them. When he felt some students were falling behind, he created exercises to help drill down the material. Our class had a huge disparity of skill level. Some people were true beginners and some came from very advanced technical backgrounds. Toby made sure to address it the best way he could and I really appreciated that.

Career support: DigitalCrafts helps students with everything in the job search process, from portfolios, resumes, mock interviews, sending out job postings, interview tips, whiteboarding, networking, etc. The staff is extremely dedicated in helping find you a job. They have a small, but growing network of employers who have had positive experiences with hiring DigitalCrafts graduates. My only wish is for their network to be bigger, but considering this bootcamp is still fairly new, it is understandable. They have guest speakers and recruiters come in for networking opportunities but I felt like the pacing was just not right. They should have come during weeks 12-16 when students were starting to get serious about the job search, definitely not during the first half of the course when we felt nowhere near ready for a job.

Curriculum: They are constantly changing their curriculum to match what's in demand so you really can't go wrong with what you learn. The curriculum is specifically optimized to help students be more marketable as software engineers.

Location: The Atlanta Tech Village made being an unemployed student much easier. There is plenty of free snacks, spaces to study, places to relax/sleep, and free weekly lunches. It is really the perfect environment for a coding bootcamp.

• Best school in ATL
    - 5/30/2017
    James Marion  User Photo
    James Marion • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I took a big risk leaving my job to go to a bootcamp, but I have to say that Digital crafts was the right choice. I came in with some college experience but others who have no experience ended up with a better looking portfolio than my friends who graduated from Georgia State and Georgia Tech.  I feel confident that I can get a good career in web development at this point and proudly wear my DigitalCrats tshirt!

• Sarah Basinger  User Photo
    Sarah Basinger • Apprentice Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had a great experience at DigitalCrafts. I came in with a background in email marketing, which is where I was exposed to some front end development and decided I wanted to shift my career to the technical side. I chose DC over the other schools for several reasons: the length of the program, the curriculum (front end, back end, plus database), fair price, good reviews, and good vibes after interviewing. This course is very fast-paced, challenging, and time-consuming. You are pushed to your limits. Although class was M-F 9-5, I was in early, stayed late, and sometimes went in on the weekends to keep up. Despite this, I had a blast. Rob was a fantastic teacher — very engaging and enthusiastic, not to mention a wealth of knowledge. I landed a few interviews and ended up accepting an offer for a Software Engineer Apprenticeship at Home Depot, just a few weeks after completing class.

• Mason Mahaffey  User Photo
    Mason Mahaffey • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Hands down this has been one of the best experiences of my life. I was taught by an over-qualified, flat out excellent instructor who took every one of my classmates to the level they needed to be -- no matter his/her background. My instructor was hands-off with those those that wanted to be more independent and more hands-on with those who didn't and especially those who wanted the extra guidance. I chose this course over the others not only because the people seemed awesome(which they were), but for two other major reasons as well.

1) Of all of the code schools out there, DigitalCrafts is one of the longest, if not THE longest; you get more bang for your buck, and I can't stress this enough, you NEED the extra time. If anything, at the end of it all, you will feel like 16 weeks isn't long enough. So, yeah, go with DigitalCrafts.

2) It's located in Atlanta Tech Village, which is an incredibly cool building with a trendy atmosphere and multitude of tech companies. This allows you to network with other people all throughout the week and some students end up getting hired by companies right there in the building.

To conclude, before we even graduated, we had two of our 15 classmates get hired by well paying and awesome tech companies right here in Atlanta with one of the two classmates having more than one job offer. If you want to get hired, DigitalCrafts will do everything they can to help put you in touch with the companies you want to get in touch with.  Even after we've graduated, we've continued to get tons of help from Jake one of the co-founders. He posts jobs into a job board all the time and is always looking to help us get hired. These guys really felt like a family and I doubt you could get such an excellent experience anywhere else.

• Jesslyn Landgren  User Photo
    Jesslyn Landgren • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I entered the program at DigitalCrafts after relocating and leaving a job in a mostly steady industry, so I was looking for a pretty serious experience that would be a good investment for my risk.  When researching coding bootcamps in Atlanta, for me the deciding factors were the personalized attention and communication I got from the staff and the price.  I was applying from out of Georgia at the time and I was able to chat with Jake and Max (founders) right from the website.  I sent numerous emails with questions and got complete replies right away every time.  This was not the case with other programs I talked with.  To me this showed that DC was invested in their students and distinguishing themselves from other programs by taking a local approach.  I heard this echoed by most of my fellow students later.

I was impressed by the syllabus and planned curriculum.  I went into the bootcamp having a solid foundation in Python, but really no other coding experience.  I was impressed by the rigor of the course and how often the curriculumn is updated and really really honed.  Toby was my instructor, and I was super impressed by his passion for teaching and mentoring junior developers.  It was clear from day 1 that his main goal was to instill independent learning skills in each of us.  He was always ready with an extra assignment or challenge if you finished early and they always focused on building your critical thinking skills.  Having spent a lot of time in the formal education world, he definitely ranks in the top 5 of educators that I've seen in terms of his devotion to his students and their learning outcomes.  He learned from our experiences every day and constantly made adjustments to his approach, which was great to experience as a student.

The one area where I feel like the DC program has room to improve is their formal job search prep activities.  In my opinion when I signed up, this was a significant portion of was I was investing in.  I feel like there was a lot of effort made on the part of the staff to connect students with Atlanta companies and sell employers but I did feel that it lagged behind the intensity of the technical program.  I found myself slightly off sync in terms of when I needed career advice and mock interviews vs when they were held.

I spent weeks 12-16 of the program on the job market.  I went after full-time work with benefits and full salary due to my personal situation, and was extremely happy to recieve such an offer the day of graduation.  I had approximately 6 interviews, at different levels of formality throughout the job hunt.  Most of the employers I talked to seemed to be suprised/impressed by the longer and full-stack curriculum and I felt that the projects I was encouraged to undertake in the program went a long way in furthering my application.

In the end, I was very happy with my DC experience and my resulting employment.  One of the best things about the experience was the comraderie among my cohort and how that was fostered by Toby and the DC staff.  I felt personally supported by the program and was happy and suprised to see the staff celebrating sincerely with us as each of us are finding employment.  Definitely felt like it was worth the investment.

• Michael Irby - React Developer  User Photo
    Michael Irby - React Developer • React Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

1. Teacher - Without a doubt it ultimately boils down to how willing and able you are to learn. This requires that your teacher leading you through a whirlwind of knowledge and training know his/her stuff very well. Also, not just know the material, but be able to teach it to class in a way that will allow newbies to understand it and absorb it. DigitalCrafts has sought out great teachers for their program and I absolutely loved learning from the teacher I had.

2. Staff - The staff at DigitalCrafts does a great job to help equip students for the job market. They are very knowledgeable in this area and make it very clear what they expect from the students to help best prepare them for their dev role after the class. Their network of companies and knowledge of the job market are extremely valuable assets that you will gain access to upon being a DigitalCrafts student. This is exactly how I landed my first dev role.

3. Curriculum - The curriculum is current and needed by the job market. All of the skills we learned during my class were very relevent. It was very cool to go from a complete newbie learning a bunch of new skills, to then looking at the job market and saying "Oh awesome we are already learning this in class."

I would highly encourage any of my friends to attend DigitalCrafts if they are interested in learning web development. It takes a significant amount of work and perseverance but will definitely pay off.

• John Coppola  User Photo
    John Coppola • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I came to DigitalCrafts because I felt that I needed a serious, dedicated boost to push me through a learning plateau that self-study and even a five-month front-end internship couldn't help me overcome. I did a lot of research and chose DigitalCrafts because of the good value, extra month (most other bootcamps last 12 weeks, not 16), focus on full-stack JavaScript (not Rails), and the fact that it was based in Atlanta where I knew nobody and would have no distractions.

It turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made.

The concept of these bootcamps seem almost too good to be true. People from underpaid/low-paying fields enroll in a program that lasts a few months and then go land with a job that pays double or triple when they were earning before. It's easy to get wrapped up in the payoff, but what often gets overlooked is how much hard work and grinding is truly necessary to get to that level. DigitalCrafts offers a program that facilitates the best possible path to this new career. There's nothing "magical" about it -- it's up to you to put in the effort -- but everything is set up so that if you do your part, you'll come out on the other side with the chops, abilities, and mindset of a web developer.

The most prominent aspect that sets DigitalCrafts apart from the pack (and I've felt this way since I first reached out to them in July of 2016) is the authenticity of the program. It's an organization run by people who sincerely want their students to succeed. Period. While I was there, I always felt at home and at ease with everyone on staff. The administrative staff was constantly checking in with us and also hosting events, bringing in people from the industry, and overall doing everything they could to offer us the best possible learning experience. The instructors are phenomenal and are incredibly dedicated to their students. It was clear that they were there because they loved teaching and I learned so much, even having come in with a decent amount of prior experience.

The most critical thing I learned at DigitalCrafts was how to think. The key to success in this field is being a good problem solver, and this program really taught me how to approach real-world challenges and produce viable solutions. Prior to DigitalCrafts, I had always concerned myself with the tools and the final result without much consideration for the process, but this program changed my perspective and I am now far more confident in taking on unknown bugs, challenges, and new technologies than I ever was before. It made me a much more flexible and adaptable developer, which are two traits that worthwhile employers really want in their candidates.

I strongly recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone who has had enough exposure to the field to be absolutely sure that they want to pursue it as a career. I'm extremely happy with my decision and consider it to be one of the best investments I've ever made.

• Cody Taylor  User Photo
    Cody Taylor • Software Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

Going to DigitalCrafts was the best decision I've made in regards to career choices.  I came from an I.T. background and quit my job as a Desktop Admin at a major Houston based hospital to attend, and I was terrified.  I spent hours reading reviews, talking with different bootcamps in Houston and Austin, and talked with my wife about where to go and what to do.  I spoke with graduates from the program before making my decision, and every single one of them had a job in the field, and every single one of them said it was the best decision they made.

Damian, the instructor in Houston, is an amazing teacher.  Every day class was lively, packed full of learning, and tons of laughs.  Damian graduated from a top 5 computer science program, and has been working in the field for over a decade.  The amount of knowledge that he has, and his ability to pass it along to the students is remarkable.  I can’t speak highly enough of him!

I decided on DigitalCrafts because they teach full-stack development, they're placement rate was outstanding, and the reviews were very good.  It was very reassuring how forthcoming Jason, Max, and Jake were in my initial conversations with them.  They are all very honest about how difficult the program is going to be, but how much it can pay off, and it paid off for me!  I got a job offer as a Software Developer at a fast-growing Houston company only 9 weeks into the course.  The salary that was offered to me was a 50% increase to what I was making before DigitalCrafts, and the earning potential as a software developer is exponentially higher.  No matter how you chalk it up, it was a good investment.

If you're considering going to a coding bootcamp, I can't recommend enough DigitalCrafts.  Setup a meeting with Jason, and learn about the program. Talk to graduates of the program, read reviews, do your homework.  For me, the more I dug, the more confident I became that DigitalCrafts was by far the best coding bootcamp in Houston.

-Cody

• Karissa Martin  User Photo
    Karissa Martin • BI Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am 8+ weeks into my 16 week course at the Houston campus' 1st Cohort. I can't stress enough the amazing value of the DigitalCrafts bootcamp! I already received and accepted an amazing offer from a fantastic company right after the completion of my first capstone project, which was a 2 person full stack project using Python, Flask, MySQL, and Bootstrap. I can honestly say that I have learned more in 8 weeks than I expected to learn in 16 and I feel well prepared to tackle whatever challenges come next. If you are reading this then chances are you are trying to identify the BEST coding bootcamp for you. CourseReport is one of the reasons I decided DigitalCrafts was the one for me and that was hands down the best decision I could have made. I have seen several projects from students of other Houston programs and the depth and breadth of their learning as evidenced by their final projects is not nearly as impressive as our first projects.

Damian, our instructor, is AMAZING! He has decades of experience in the local area and has successfully launched private software as well. He is new to teaching, but you wouldn't know it! You will get stuck and frustrated from time to time and he sometimes let's you sweat it out, but it's for a good cause. He doesn't baby you but he does drive you to push through your frustration and find the answer on the other side. 2 out of 10 of us have already received offers and we are only halfway through the course- what more can I say?

Last thing: Go for it! If you do, the pre-work is extremely important and the people who neglected it have definitely had a harder time so DO IT ALL, but don't be afraid to enroll- its definitely doable. Good Luck!

• Great Course
    - 11/10/2019
    Jesus Martinez • Graduate

I learned a fair amount from DigitalCrafts (not without a few extra work being put in outside the course). I do think I could have learned just as much by paying for a private tutor and teaching myself from other online resources. Overall I would reccomend DigitalCrafts. It can provide some useful resources like how to build a resume and portfolio geared towards a programming field and helpful job opportunities.

• Great experience
    - 10/19/2019
    Antonio Tobar • Graduate

The course is very fast paced. I will say that I had trouble in the beginning and doubted if I was able to finish it. It wasn't till half way through the course that I found the confidence to continue.  I'm sure you hear negative reviews, that you can learn this on your own. Theres tons of free online tutorials. Which is true, and if your are a self learner, that can work out for you. But I've always excelled in a classroom environment, hearing a lecture and being shown an example. I've tried learning online, but there's only so much reading you can do before all the words start blurring together. Plus in a classroom, there are ppl to help give you a guiding hand or lead you to the right path for the solution. I have enjoyed my experience here at Digitalcrafts, its a very supportive environment. The teachers and aids are very knowledgeable, and if they don't have the answer, they can help you look in the right direction. Basically, you get what you put in. You give this course your all, you'll get the most of it. Its all about how much effort you put in. There has been so much growth in all of the members of the class that have made it through.

• Jacob Russell • Software Engineer • Graduate

Rob Bunch did an excellent job teaching the AWS Certified Cloud Practicioner course. Somehow, he kept up his joyful spirit the entire time. I would highly recommend any course taught by him or DigitalCrafts!

• Roz • Student

As an educator (former Teacher and Middle School Assistant Principal) I was looking for a way to make a greater impact in the lives of students on a larger scale. I sought to acquire a set of skills that would allow me to be creative, engaging, and relevant in the edTech environment. I researched and visited programs in the Houston area, and Digital Crafts was the best fit for me. The Immersive Program has great instructors and curriculum that aligned with my career goals. In a matter of weeks, I went from knowing little about coding to executing full FrontEnd development. Everything I learned in the program accompanies me in my entrepreneurial endeavors to build educational platforms. This was a great experience for me and was well worth the investment.

• Tom Edgeworth • Graduate

I greatly enjoyed my time at DigitalCrafts. It was a fantastic experience from start to finish.

If you are looking for a bootcamp in Atlanta I seriously couldn't recommend it more. In 16 weeks I actually feel that I have learned so much and I'm ready to start my career as a full stack web developer.

My only demerit goes toward the Job Assistance category- they're not going to find you a job explicitly but they do give you all of the tools to get a job.

• Reagan Davenport • Graduate

I had tried to go back to college to pick up programming skills, they were more interested in selling me a degree that I didn't need. I called a friend asked him if it was worth it to get a degree. He not only said it wasn't worth it, but he ever went back to college, he would get a degree in business. I dropped all my classes like hot potatoes. DigitalCrafts was the best decision I ever made.

DigitalCrafts has an acceptance rate of 43%, of which 42% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 84% graduate. 85% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $60,000.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Outcomes data includes only students who enrolled in the full-time Immersive program. See our audited Student Outcomes Report, which differs slightly from Course Report's approach to organizing outcomes, for detailed reporting.

Note also that we count apprenticeships, internships and contract roles as a single pool. We do not have data regarding freelance employment.