digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Augusta, Austin, Baton Rouge, Billings, Brooklyn, Charleston, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Durham, Fort Worth, Greensboro, Houston, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kennesaw, Manchester, Missoula, Nashville, Newark, New Orleans, New York City, Online, Phoenix, Raleigh, Richmond, San Antonio, Savannah, Seattle, Shreveport, St. Louis, Tampa, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts is an online and on-site school offering full-time and part-time software development bootcamps. Online classes are streamed in real time with live instruction creating a collaborative learning environment for all students. On-site campuses in Atlanta, Houston, Tampa, and Seattle are open to local students who wish to learn with on-site Teaching Assistants and a community of peers. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive learning experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts are their Electives, a variety of complimentary remote workshops and technical talks exclusively available to students and alumni as continuing education.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional software engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." Additionally, students receive resume, portfolio and interview guidance preparing each student for the job search upon graduation. The admissions process consists of an online application, coding exercise, and admissions meeting. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students. DigitalCrafts $1MM "You Belong in Tech" Scholarship Fund provides automatic scholarships to underrepresented people in tech.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.87

all (226) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (33) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date November 17, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a scholarship to attend our Immersive or Flex programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    November 17, 2020 - Tampa
    December 8, 2020 - Online
    November 17, 2020 - Seattle
    November 17, 2020 - Atlanta
    December 8, 2020 - Atlanta
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, SQL, Python
    Start Date November 9, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Tampa
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    November 9, 2020 - Atlanta
    December 7, 2020 - Atlanta
    November 9, 2020 - Tampa
    December 7, 2020 - Tampa
    November 9, 2020 - Houston
    December 7, 2020 - Houston
    December 7, 2020 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    Start Date November 17, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    Delivered live online, the 26-Week Online Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Online Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place Tuesday & Thursday evening and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    November 17, 2020 - Online
    December 8, 2020 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

Start Date November 9, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    Delivered live online, this 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront or finance tuition through Sallie Mae
    November 9, 2020 - Online
    December 7, 2020 - Online
  • Enterprise Training & Workshops

LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    DigitalCrafts designs, builds, and executes custom enterprise training and workshops for select clients and individuals across the globe. These custom programs are built from scratch based on our client's needs which can vary across software engineering, mobile development, automated testing, and DevOps. These courses are not open to the general public and are only reserved for full-time employees of our clients. DigitalCrafts has executed software development training programs for clients like Microsoft, ExxonMobil, Capgemini, and Chick-fil-A to name a few.
    DepositNot applicable
    Not applicable
    Tuition PlansEmail hello@digitalcrafts.com for to schedule a call.
    Refund / GuaranteeNot applicable
    ScholarshipNot applicable
  • Tony DiRusso  User Photo
    Tony DiRusso • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My only regret is that I didn't take it sooner. If you can fully dedicate yourself to the process, then DigitalCrafts will help you realize your full potential. They have excellent facilities, amenities, and hands down the best instructors in the world. I went from not knowing that my computer had a Terminal, to building a react-native app in 16 weeks. You can’t fully comprehend how awesome going to DigitalCrafts can be for you.

• Matt Raines  User Photo
    Matt Raines • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Going to DigitalCrafts was the best decision of my life that I have made professionally. This 16 week full-stack bootcamp taught me all the necessary skills to grow my skills and gain employment as a software engineer (three weeks before graduation!). I owe it all to their amazing instructors and staff! They have an amazing curriculum and instructors that are unmatched. If you have the passion and drive to go all in and change your life, DigitalCrafts is the perfect place to make this happen! Thank you!

• Anthony Moss  User Photo
    Anthony Moss • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I cannot say enough great things about DigitalCrafts. The entire program was great and I am so glad I decided to attend the immersive full stack program they offer. It is definitely not something that should be taken lightly. It was a four month grind day in and day out. Even the weekends and holidays I was typically doing something coding related. But if you are up for the challange you can go from a complete novice like myself to being ready and able to take a job as a software developer by the end. For my capstone I was able to make a fully functioning 2D RPG rougelike videogame using React-Redux. This is somthing that before taking this course I would have never even dreamed of doing.

The instructors are also best in class. They are willing to work with you to ensure you understand the material. As long as you are willing to put in the effort they will are willing to help you get to where you need to be. I can honestly say without my instructor Chris, this would have been a very different experience. Not only was he extremely knowlegdeable and always able to help me with any issue, he made everything exciting and fun. His enthusism to help and teach this spread throughout the entire class and made learning that much better. I really could not have asked for a better instructor.

If you are currently trying to decide if this bootcamp is for you I just have this to say. If you are willing to work hard and really devote yourself to learning programming then yes, this is a no brainer, I myself would do it again in a heart-beat and never once have I doubted my choice. But it is alot of work, if you arent sure you want to fully commit yourself this may not be the program for you as it is easy to fall behind. You really will get out what you put in. But if you put in the work, you will come out a prepared junior developer ready for your first job, it wasnt unheard of for someone to get hired before the camp even ended.

• Ashish G.   User Photo
    Ashish G. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I decided to take a semester off of college in search of experience, but due many internships being available in the summer and not the spring, there weren't many options. So a friend recommened me to look into doing a coding bootcamp so that I would develop more skills and have projects under my belt. He recommened DigitalCrafts (DC) because he participated in a workshop led by instructor Chris Aquino. I looked into this and another bootcamp but the fact that DC had a waiting list a few weeks before the start date already showed me how valuable the program is to others. During the whole program, the instructor taught us everything we knew. I was surprised that I learned MUCH more in this course than I do at college while working on my CS degree. Chris Aquino was the instructor for my cohort and he was amazing. He taught everything we needed to know in a fun way. He would help us to the best of his ability with any question we may have. As each week progressed, the ending was near and here I am today writing this review as a graduate. I'm confident now to obtain a job after I complete my degree. I'm confident enough to showcase projects I have created. I'm confident enough to work and do more projects on my own. I highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone considering it!

• Jocelyn Bergdorff  User Photo
    Jocelyn Bergdorff • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I could not be more happier with my experience at Digital Crafts. They were thorough in teaching us various new skills in several different programming languages that allow us the ability to continue learning upin completion of the program!
  • Fantastic!
    - 5/2/2019
    Sean McQuaid  User Photo
    Sean McQuaid • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I can't possibly praise DigitalCrafts enough for my experience there! I recently graduated from the Full Stack Immersive program and already landed a job at a great company making more than I ever dreamed of! My instructor Rob was absolutely phenomenal, the facilities were amazing and all the people I met and worked with were stellar. I felt adequately supported by everyone throughout the program and learned incredibly in-demand skills that ultimately getting employed by one of my top companies. Thank you DigitalCrafts, this experience seriously changed my life!

• Faris Huskovic  User Photo
    Faris Huskovic • Software Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub

Final thoughts on Digital Crafts

So Digital Crafts has two programs. A full-time course called the Immersive program and a part-time course called the Flex program. I attended the flex program which is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30pm - 9:30pm and Saturdays from 10am - 2pm.

The onboarding process included some pre-work to familiarize people with the basics of using a terminal. It really is a “from the ground up” program. Digital Crafts looks to turn people with zero computer science experience into developers writing full-stack applications in React/Redux, Node/Express and deploying them to AWS, Heroku, and Netlify in 26 weeks. That’s a tall order if I ever heard one.

The course progressed as follows:

• The first few weeks starts out with html/css, bootstrap, and vanilla JS.

• Then we started learning how to build servers in Node/Express and making calls to them from the client-side using Axios and rendering out the data to the UI.

• Then you spend a couple weeks on databases like MongoDB and Postgres. We explored libraries like Mongoose, Sequelize, and pg-promise.

• Halfway through the course you’re learning how to prevent getting trapped in callback hell using Async/Await functions and are able to build a full-stack application.

• We then started drilling ES6 syntax pretty hard and learning how to do OOP in JS in preparation for React.

• The second to last part of the course involved learning React and Redux. I remember doing about 5 or 6 assignments bouncing from using React only and then using React w/Redux to better understand how Redux was helping manage application state. We had to also build a game using React and Redux ( which I’ll cover in another article ) to finish the chapter.

• The last subject we studied was learning how to deploy. We learned how to spin up EC2 and RDS instances as well as deploying to Netlify and Heroku.

• The final assignment was the Capstone project which we presented on Demo day.

I personally work with some alumni who are now lead developers on their teams where I work and are actually partially responsible for my motivation in enrolling in the first place. They don’t even use JS, they use Golang. Digital Crafts teaches you how to learn. It teaches you how to approach and solve problems in ways that can be translated across a plethora of different programming languages.

I think this is the real value of Digital Crafts. It doesn’t just teach you full-stack Javascript. It teaches you how computers are programmed through javascript. You are given all the resources imaginable to become a succesful programmer but at the end of the day, how well you absorb the curriculum ultimately comes down to the effort you put in.

If your ultimate goal in enrolling is to get a job as a developer, it’s worth mentioning that they are definitely doing something right with their career services program because alumni are recognized in the Slack channel when they secure new positions and that seems to be happening multiple times every week.

The class was also a lot of fun and overall an experience I’m super glad I had. I saw a lot of people from different backgrounds grow and develope as programmers. It was also pretty amazing to see how far everyone came in such a short amount of time. Digital Crafts definitely has something special going on over there.

• Lee Arnold  User Photo
    Lee Arnold • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Let me start by saying that I did not know much about programming when I started and I'm still growing my skills, but the instructors in this program really helped me to establish a solid foundation to build upon. I am a teacher by trade and making a transition into more of a project management role. The course has given me a better insight into how not only to think like a programmer, but to look for solutions that may not have been obvious at first glance.

The ability to create functional software has become a valuable tool in my belt and I am glad I went through DigitalCrafts to gain the knowledge. If you are on the fence, get off and start the application. In addition to the programming skills that are taught, you are exposed to different views on programming technologies, how to research for solutions, and how to build the soft skills that are also necessary for success in the world of code.

I recommend this program to anyone looking to make a change while balancing your career and family life.

• Hiroko Ross  User Photo
    Hiroko Ross • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Being a stay-home mom and away from my career for a few years, I needed a change, but I was scared of a change at the same time. It took some time for me to finally decided to join DigitalCrafts. I am very happy that I did.

I had Veronica as my instructor and Katy as my TA. They are both amazing. Veronica is positive, motivative, flexible, smart and helpful. She looks at a student's face and makes sure we understand.
    Katy helped me problem solve the situation when I had a hard time.

The course is fast and intense. I recommend to finish pre-work before the class start and finish your assignment. The course will be more complicated after Node.js, and it will be harder to go back and study again.

• Buckle Up
    - 3/22/2019
    Ron  User Photo
    Ron • IT Business Analyst • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Its hard and fast paced, but at the end you realized you've learned a lot and what you don't know or didn't learn, you know how to learn it.  Great career services.  Our instructor, Rob, was the best.  He brought software development to life and made it exciting. They have aids that assist during and after class. Stay focused because it's easy to get behind.  Oh, make sure you do the pre-work before class starts and have a Mac.

• theyre great
    - 3/20/2019
    jim  User Photo
    jim • Graduate Verified via GitHub

they were great. They were thorough and informative. If I had it to do over again, I would choose them hands down.

• Anuj Saheba  User Photo
    Anuj Saheba • Graduate Verified via GitHub

As an individual that has previous professional experience and no familiarity with coding, I decided to further develop my technical skills by attending a coding bootcamp. The process to decide on which bootcamp was tough as I called different programs in both Austin and Houston, and based on my situation and what I was looking for, I chose DigitalCrafts.

Having Veronica as the lead instructor and Katy as the TA made all the difference over this course. They eased me into learning how to code as I had no previous experience. Veronica created great supplemental slideshows to reinforce the concepts that she taught. The combination of lecture, supplemental reference material, and personalized help from both Veronica and Katy, this gave me the support I needed to become a confident developer.  Also, they kept the class engaged and make the curriculum entertaining, which can be hard with a technical subject like programing.

To be successful:

• If you have an opportunity to practice and do the prep work before the course begins, immerse yourself and practice daily as this will allow you to grasp the fundamentals and excel
    • Don't get intimidated and stay on top of your coursework. This is a bootcamp and it does move quickly, so work hard daily as you may not have time to revisit any previous projects or exercises
    • Do projects that you enjoy, so it keeps you engaged
    • Near the end, if your goal is to find a job, make sure you start applying for jobs around the time career-week begins. Do not be deterred by imposter syndrome hold you back! You truly do know alot and just need to be more aware of the skills that you have attained.
    • Some days be tougher than others and you may feel like coding is not for you, but just push through and stay focused. You will overcome those humps and at the end you will realize how much you have learned.

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 94% graduated. 75% of graduates were job-seeking and 80% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 133 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes include only students in the Full Stack Immersive program.

Note: Apprenticeships, internships and contract roles counted as a single pool. We do not collect data regarding short-term, part-time or freelance employment.