digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Kennesaw, Online, Seattle, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts offers a 16-week full-time and a 26-week part-time full-stack developer bootcamp in Atlanta and Houston. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive classroom experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts is their elective program, where students or alumni have access to a variety of workshops and presentations as an additional perk.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." In addition, students receive resume/portfolio guidance and a mock interview lesson. The admissions process consists of an online application, interview, and coding challenge. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (207) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (30) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date May 26, 2020
    LocationAtlanta, Houston
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more. PS - Our Kennesaw campus is launched in partnership with Kennesaw State University.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a scholarship to attend our Immersive or Flex programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    May 26, 2020 - Houston
    May 26, 2020 - Atlanta
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, SQL, Python
    Start Date June 1, 2020
    LocationAtlanta, Houston
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    June 1, 2020 - Atlanta
    August 17, 2020 - Atlanta
    October 19, 2020 - Atlanta
    June 1, 2020 - Houston
    August 17, 2020 - Houston
    October 19, 2020 - Houston
  • KSU Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date May 26, 2020
    LocationKennesaw
    Powered by DigitalCrafts, the Kennesaw State University CPE's 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is a part-time coding bootcamp program designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals who prefer longer but more flexible class hours. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & PostgreSQL, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. The DigitalCrafts' curriculum is proven and their alumni have gone on to work for companies like Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, and more.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a $1,000 scholarship to attend the Flex program as well as KSU staff, faculty and students.
    May 26, 2020 - Kennesaw
  • WWU Full Stack Flex (Part-Time) - Coming soon!

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, REST, SQL
    LocationSeattle
    Coming soon! Powered by DigitalCrafts, the Western Washington University Outreach & Continuing Education's 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is a part-time coding bootcamp program designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals who prefer longer but more flexible class hours. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & PostgreSQL, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. The DigitalCrafts' curriculum is proven and their alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, New York Times, Home Depot, Chick-fil-A, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae.

• Logan Murphy  User Photo
    Logan Murphy • Graduate Verified via GitHub

For those of you who haven’t heard, Digital Crafts hosts intensive 16-week immersive coding bootcamps both in Houston and Atlanta.  Earlier this year I decided that it was time for a change, so I sold my business and began coding full-time in the hopes that I would be able to find a rewarding career as a web developer.

I had very little real coding experience to speak of staring out. Sure, I had written several blogs using Wordpress and I had played around with some rudimentary HTML, but I hadn't really done any<em> real coding </em>. So I picked up some instructional books and got to coding! I could immediately tell that I was meant to be a coder, and before I knew it, I was practicing coding eight hours a day, working on HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python.

I started strong, but after a certain point I hit a wall, and I realized that I could do one of two things: I could continue plowing away and gaining ground little by little on my own, or I could get help. After fighting my stubborn instinct to do things on my own, I decided to turn to help. So I started exploring my options, and after spending time researching all of the local boot camps, all of my research kept pointing to Digital Crafts as the best of the best.

A few months later, I found myself joining the September 2017 cohort at Digital Crafts Houston. Our instructor was Paul Bailey, a former aerospace engineer at NASA, developer extraordinaire and all-around awesome guy! Even with all of my preparation, I quickly found that I had my work cut out for me! But Paul was there for me every step of the way. The way he explained complex concepts made them more approachable for us students. He was also very patient with us(and I know I must have put that patience to the test with my endless barrage of questions!).

We covered a lot of material over the course of the 16-weeks, including but not limited to: HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, Node, Python, React.js, Redux and Django to name a few, but oh so much more! I can honestly say that I have retained the majority of what I have learned and that I am fully confident that I will achieve my goal of becoming a professional web developer…and I couldn’t have done it without Paul!

So, to whoever is reading this, get off the fence and invest your time and money in Digital Crafts, you won’t regret it!

• Gustavo Martinez  User Photo
    Gustavo Martinez • Software Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub

After obtaining my Bachelor's in Criminology and working several jobs in my field, I was not content. I could not see myself 30 years down the road working in some job that did not continually challenge me, bring a sense of satisfaction, and always push me learn. A good friend of mine suggested I look into programming. Thus, I began my coding journey.

I started off with various beginner websites such as codingacademy.com and treehouse. I was hooked. So much that I decided to seriously pursue this as a career. My search for coding bootcamps began. I looked in 3: DigitalCrafts, Iron Yard, and UT's coding bootcamp here in Houston. I spoke with all 3 and visited the campuses. Choosing DigitalCrafts was the easiest decision I made. Not only were they straightforward with the entire program, but Jason was clear, transparent, and genuine throughout the entire process (and still continues to be!). The program, compared to others seemed more well-rounded (it definitely was) and it was the highest-rated bootcamp (now I understand why!).

Paul, our instructor, was super knowledgable, incredibly helpful, and a total geek. Hands down perfect for the job. The course itself is tough. We covered a vast amount of material in 16 weeks. You'll definitely feel overwhelmed. However, it's not impossible. Power through and you'll soon find yourself programming at a level you never thought you'd ever be at. I look back now, before I started the course, a true beginner, and I think to myself how incredibly easy the first week was compared to the last 2. That just goes to show that I have come a long way. This wasn't attained easily though. Be prepared to put in the hours if you aim to not only keep up with the course but also learn the material and retain all the knowledge you gain along the way.

With that said, I've learned so much and become a better and stronger programmer. Undoubtedly, it's all thanks DigitalCrafts. One of the best decisions I have ever made. Period.

• Lora  User Photo
    Lora • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Overall, it has been a great experience. The program is challenging, intensive, and covers a wide range of technologies useful in the job market. I found it so crucial to apply extra self study practices throughout the program to keep up and retain everything being taught. It can be so easy to fall behind otherwise.

The Houston campus is still pretty new, and seems to be working the little kinks out. There's still room for improvement in the curriculum pace and structure. Career assistance didn't meet my expectations, but may be different for the Atlanta campus since there seems to be more staff at that location focused on that aspect and seem to have more company relationships established.

Individual student success still, as expected, falls on each one’s shoulders and depends on your background, and willingness to apply themselves.

Additional note: I did not find my cohort's elective (Computer Science) offering to be worth the additional money with other valuable programs available, nor the time to take on additional coursework with the existing load.

• Jennifer Johnson  User Photo
    Jennifer Johnson • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I can't rave enough about my experience at DigitalCrafts! Chris is one of the absolute best instructors I've ever had. His explanations are not only super thorough, but also very entertaining. He never hesitates exploring new topics if students are curious. He is also the most patient and non-judgmental person I've met. Even if you have the most basic question or issue in your code, he is more than happy to walk you through it and is never patronizing. Chris is also very encouraging if you're interested in branching off and learning technologies for your projects outside the React, Node, Express, PostgreSQL stack they teach during the program. He is extremely knowledgeable about a wide variety of technologies and is always eager to help you research any in the rare case he is unfamiliar with it.

The admin team is super personable, supportive, and on top of everything. They get to know, and care about each of their students personally and are always happy to connect you with employers and potential opportunities.  They provide resume and portfolio reviews, invite guest speakers to recruit for their companies, organize field trips, and set you up with real client-facing work with local nonprofits for group projects.

If the program offers any elective courses (after the main 9-5 sessions), I recommend taking those as well. I took the computer science fundamentals class with Tamby and it was very beneficial not only for interview prep, but also increasing my sense of confidence in my CS skills.

I am so grateful to have learned all that I did during the past 4 months, and to have made lifelong friends. If you get the opportunity to study at DigitalCrafts, I highly recommend doing it. It's a lot of hard work but it will change your life for the better.

• Stephanie Asmar  User Photo
    Stephanie Asmar • Software Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

DigitalCrafts' has exceeded my expectations, I couldn't have asked for a better coding bootcamp experience. As a true beginner, the amount of knowledge that I have aquired over the past 16 weeks is astounding. It has allowed me to secure a full-time job as a Software Developer before graduation. So far, 50% of my cohort has secured jobs before Demo Day!

I chose DC due to their local, down-to-earth business model. The founders, Jake and Max, are very involved in the day to day. This lends a more personal feel to the program, and after 16 weeks, everyone here feels like family. In addition, the school is located at Atlanta Tech Village, which provides a great environment for learning and networking.

In regards to the curriculum, the only thing that I didn't enjoy was Python. This is strictly due to a lack of interest in learning how to code in that language. However, the CS elective uses Python for coding algorithims, so the skill did end up being handy. I am front-end JavaScript focused, and this program provided more than enough opportunity to sharpen my skills.

Choosing a software development program is a very involved decision, but the team at DC makes it easy. If you are looking for the best bang for your buck, and a program that will be highly involved, DigitalCrafts would be perfect for you. You get out what you put in, so work hard and have fun!

• Nat Ventura Villasana  User Photo
    Nat Ventura Villasana • Junior Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I would strongly recommend DigitalCrafts as a coding bootcamp in Atlanta! In sixteenish weeks, I learned so much more about web and app development than I thought I would, or would’ve been able to learn alone. If you want to become a software developer, this is a great program— it’s still a short amount of time for the breadth of concepts and technologies you cover, but I feel like by the end, I have a sense of how much I don’t know, and a strong foundation to help me figure out exactly what I need to keep learning.

I think there were several times during the program where I felt a little split between priorities such as

1) Writing job application materials and applying to jobs.

2) Staying afloat the current curriculum in the class. After week three, we started learning two (if not more?) technologies every week.

3) Cementing understanding of concepts from previous weeks.

4) Going to tech events around Atlanta (shout out to Women Who Code ATL and Girl Develop It)

We started out with eighteen people in our cohort and ended with fourteen. I think six of us out of the fourteen ended the cohort with jobs. I think it might be helpful for prospective students to know that the students who ended up dropping out of our cohort were older than the majority of the cohort (mid-to-late 20s), and left to take care of family or health. The bootcamp experience itself requires a lot of dedicated time outside class-- of which prospective students should definitely be aware. For example, in the evenings after class, especially during project periods, it wasn’t uncommon for me to be at Atlanta Tech Village from 9am to 8pm. I think my cohort also had a collectively competitive, go-getter-y attitude, which I think is why so many of us found employment before the end.

I was also enrolled in the Computer Science Fundamentals Elective covering algorithms and data structures-- important content and Tamby was a great instructor, but I think the timing from 5:30pm to 7:30pm (after a full day at DigitalCrafts from 9am to 4pm)-- was a little too much for me. I was always really tired by the time the elective rolled around, and didn't absorb as much of the content that I wanted to.

I personally felt that I learned most when I was writing code with other students for our group projects than I did when following along with lecture on my own. But having access to Chris Aquino, our super helpful and super-experienced lead instructor, for questions about structure/what to do next/or troubleshooting— was 100% worth the tuition. While it would be possible to learn the same things we learned at DigitalCrafts using a Udemy course or free online resources, it would be much slower going without awesome real live humans around to help troubleshoot. Certain bugs in my code that could take me hours to work through alone could take just fifteen minutes working with Chris.

I’m super glad that I chose DigitalCrafts and I can’t wait to start my role as a junior software engineer next week!

• No Regrets
    - 10/19/2017
    Sarah Abbey  User Photo
    Sarah Abbey • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I am an incredibly indecisive person. Before attending DigitalCrafts, I had a solid job with the federal government, where I could have potentially stayed for the rest of my career.  Even though I really enjoyed the software development courses I was completing after work, it was difficult for me to take that leap, quit my job, and start a coding bootcamp.  Given the option to go back in time, I wouldn't change a thing. For any of you in a similar situation, know that DigitalCrafts is the real deal. You will truly learn how to program. Be aware that it is not easy. You will not magically become a programmer just by attending class. You will have to sacrifice much of your free time, come in early, stay late, ask questions, and, above all else, code.

We were the first cohort taught by our instructor, Chris Aquino. Chris is incredibly intelligent, thoughtful, and endlessly patient. I was always amazed by the time he took to answer all students' questions.  He was very thorough, often researching topics on his own time when he didn't know the answers.  Most importantly, he allowed us to explore. He never told us directly what code to write, always giving us just enough information so we could figure it out on our own.

I also took the CS elective taught by Tamby Kojak. It is admittedly taxing to be in class Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm (we often arrived earlier and stayed later) and take an additional course for two hours on Tuesday and Thursday nights, but it is worth it if you think you can absorb the information. Like Chris, Tamby is also a very knowledgeable, patient instructor.  Oftentimes the elective class is smaller than the general cohort, so it is nice to have more one-on-one time with the instructor and learn coding principles from the perspective of a different experienced developer.  However, if you know you'll be exhausted after class, it might be best just to study algorithms and data structures on your own time.

DigitalCrafts does as much as they can to assist you in your job search.  There is a dedicated staff member who reviews resumes, cover letters, portfolios, and LinkedIn pages even after graduation. Jake from DigitalCrafts often posts hot job leads and will sometimes even send out resumes directly to potential employers with whom he has connected. Students are given time to work on their portfolios, resumes, etc. during the 16 weeks. There are also various guest speakers, like HR reps from companies and other software developers, throughout the program.

If you've begun exploring software development and think it is the right path for you, don't hesitate, DigitalCrafts will help you make that transformation.

• Thomas D'Ostilio  User Photo
    Thomas D'Ostilio • Student Verified via GitHub

After leaving my finance job to transition into tech I was nervous about which coding school to attend. I have to honestly say in hindsight choosing DigitalCrafts was by far and large the best decision of the bunch.  My instructor Chris was one of the best teachers I have ever had across any discipline. He is incredibly smart, thoughtful, and helpful.

The sixteen week program was also a huge benefit. Given that I was starting from only a self-study programming background, with no formal education, the extra time spent working with Chris and my fellow classmates was crucial. I can honestly say I learned a ton during my time here. I was also fortunate to receive a job offer to be a Software Engineer in week 14 of the 16 week program., to cap off an overall excellent experience.

• Wonderful Program
    - 10/10/2017
    Katie L.  User Photo
    Katie L. • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I completed the immersive 16 week course at DigitalCrafts Atlanta location. Joining a bootcamp was one of the more difficult decisions I've made in life; however, I wouldn't take back a moment of it. I came in knowing light HTML and CSS and what a crazy journey it's been. I feel if I had learned purely on my own, I wouldn't be at the same place I am now for another year or so. And by that time, I'm sure another 10 languages would have came out and I'd be behind.

The staff was always friendly and helpful, both before starting and during the 16 weeks (even when I asked 1000x questions). The teacher was incredibly knowledgeable, patient, and able to keep the class laughing. I loved the small class size. I felt I could truly have a moment of either the TA's or teacher's time and go through concepts I was having troubles with.

Curriculum is on point. The biggest hurdle of programming is getting down the basics. If you don't understand the basics, when the next shiny new language comes out it'll take you so much more time to learn. This course focuses heavily on the basics when starting with Python. Covering classes, functions, variables, arrays, objects, dictionaries, algorithums, clean coding, command line, syntax, making comments, and the list goes on. From there, we jumped into CSS/HTML and JavaScript. These 4 are all languages that are not going ANYWHERE anytime soon. After all the basics were down, we jumped into more niche languages and kept building upon the fundamentals.

As far as job assistance, they have a staff member dedicated to reviewing resumes, Github profiles, LinkedIn profiles, cover letters and portfolios. She is incredibly knowledgeable and knows the tech industry very well. She does a thorough job going through spelling, grammar, links on your portfolio and more.

Overall, DigitalCrafts was a great experience. And with every other bootcamp, you get what you put into it. Yes class is 9-4pm, but you better believe we don't only put 30 hours a week into this. Most people stayed past class and/or came in on the weekends. It's not easy, but the teachers, staff, and my classmates made it a wonderful 16 weeks.

• Marissa Monivis  User Photo
    Marissa Monivis • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Dropping everything to attend a fully-immersive 4 month coding bootcamp is an extremely risky and expensive commitment, but DigitalCrafts was worth every minute and penny. After spending a couple of years in the Account Management realm of the Advertising Industry, I found myself looking for a more technical and creative career path through web development. I spent several months researching the different programs in the Atlanta area, from General Assembly to Iron Yard, but none of those programs appealed to me as much as the Full-Stack approach that DigitalCrafts offered.

The DigitalCrafts curriculum changes with the industry, making it a versatile program with up-to-date material. This ensures the relevancy to the students entering the industry and keeps them marketable for companies looking to hire them. The Full-Stack approach really appealed to me the most because it covers both front-end and back-end languages, allowing the students to explore both aspects of web development. This gave myself and the other students the ability to learn both sides of web development and choose which path interested them the most.

Rob Bunch, the instructor for my cohort, was incredibly knowledgable about all the material taught in the curriculum and was passionate for each and every student throughout the entirety of the 16 week program. He adapted the pace of the course to the individual cohort and made sure every student received the help and support the needed to succeed. He kept the course engaging and entertaining, and used real life industry examples to help students relate to the material being covered.

The founders, Max and Jake, as well as the rest of the staff, dedicated countless hours to ensuring our success in the program. Throughout the length of the course, the DigitalCrafts team offered amazing job support through project, resume, and online portfolio reviews, as well as continuously providing a wide array of part-time, full-time, and contract-to-hire opportunities through the many DigitalCrafts Slack channels.

All in all, DigitalCrafts was an unforgettable experience. From the people I met to the confidence I gained as a new developer in the tech industry, I can’t thank the DigitalCrafts team enough for all that they provide in their Full-Stack Development program. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking to get into the web development industry!

• Merilee Wheelock  User Photo
    Merilee Wheelock • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My decision to attend DigitalCrafts and pursue a future in Full-Stack Web Development is by far the most rewarding decision I have made in my career. I spent five years in project management before I decided to take my career in a different direction. DigitalCrafts does a great job of taking career changers from all walks of life and teaching them the skills needed to become Full-Stack Web Developers in a short amount of time.

The founders, Max and Jake, take great care to ensure that they have the best talent teaching the class. They recognize that it is the instructors who keep students engaged and motivated throughout the 16 week program, which is not an easy feat for a classroom full of students who are completely new to the subject. I was lucky to have Rob Bunch as my instructor. Rob is incredibly knowledgeable and a highly qualified developer; he is also one of the funniest and most genuine people I have ever met. His passion for his students and their success is clear, and he keeps his students motivated to work hard and to keep learning. I found myself looking forward to each class not only for the subject material, but to interact with Rob and continue to learn from the best.

The curriculum changes based on what is in demand in the job market. In the quick paced and ever changing world that is web development, the curriculum may change from one cohort to the next (or even mid-cohort). DigitalCrafts is not afraid to change their curriculum to stay up to speed with the current tech trends.

The career search support has been excellent, with DigitalCrafts providing feedback on resumes, portfolios, and online profiles. Jake and Max constantly send updates on job postings in the area and will reach out to potential employers on the student's behalf to introduce DigitalCrafts.

I truly believe that DigitalCrafts is the best coding bootcamp in Atlanta and would absolutely recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone looking to get into Full-Stack Web Development. Without a doubt, I would absolutely attend DigitalCrafts again.

• Drew Tolliver  User Photo
    Drew Tolliver • Full-Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

DigitalCrafts is something special. A coding bootcamp by itself isn't anything special. There are hundreds of them. If you stand downtown in a major city and throw a rock in a random direction you'll probably hit one, or it will at least land close to one. So what makes DigitalCrafts stand out?

1. The Founders: Jake and Max have built a strong, close-knit organization that feels organic. They have hired instructors and staff that genuinely care for the students and take pride in what they do. They are on-site and available to answer questions, resolve issues, or just chat. They are supportive and encouraging, and they will challenge you to do your best.

2. The Staff: During my cohort two new staff members were hired, Liz and Zakia. From day one they were friendly, helpful and ethusiastic. They took interest in our projects. They gave their insights from their respective fields in order to help clarify questions about things like searching for a job. Katy wasn't on-site, but communicating with her was fast and easy. She quickly and efficiently provided several pages of feedback on my resume, portfolio, LinkedIn profile, and Github page, which were quite helpful in maximising the chance of getting interviews and ultimately landing a job.

3. The Instructors: Rob was my instructor, and he is easily one of the best teachers I have ever had. He's smart and funny and is able to present difficult concepts in an entertaining way, yet clearly and concisely enough so that at the very least you can easily learn more about any given topic on your own and be able to learn it well. His breadth and depth of knowledge and experience are second to none and he is more than willing to share his knowledge, as well as work with you individually to work through a difficult problem. He stayed in the classroom with one student from my cohort until well past midnight helping them with a project. For our final project my partner and I wanted to use tools that weren't covered in class. Instead of insisting we use what we learned in class (which he could have easily done), he ecouraged us, gave us resources, and shared his experience with us in order to ensure we were successful.

4. The Students: What can I say about my fellow classmates? Over the 16-week course, we laughed together, cried together, got frustrated together, and triumphed together. Note that the key word here is together. We all came from different professional and educational backgrounds; we varied in age, socioeconomic demographics, domestic profiles, country of birth, and language. Despie our outward differences, we supported and helped each other, encouraged each other, and rooted for each other. I started DigitalCrafts among 15 other classmates but graduated with 15 new friends.

So now the question is, did I make the right decision in attending DigitalCrafts? The answer is an unequivocal "YES!"

• Hayes Capers  User Photo
    Hayes Capers • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

DigitalCrafts is an amazing experience. It takes a lot to drop your career and devote 4 months to a coding bootcamp. It's expensive and risky, but if you think web development is your future, DigitalCrafts is the place for you. The staff is amazing, the environment is comfortable, and the students are all willing to work hard.

Jake and Max have done an excellent job providing an effective program that really cares about the students. Day or night they are always willing to help, and if they can't help they will find someone who can. Rob, my instructor, is exteremly intelligent and wonderfully witty. He is not the bog standard anti-social computer nerd. He loves to teach while connecting with his students. He walks the line between humor and instruction gracefuly, explaining complex ideas with effective, comedic analogies.

Atlanta Tech Village where the Atlanta classes take place, is an awesome locations to say the least. It is very modern, leaving you with a feeling that you might just be working at google. If you are having a bad day, there are pingpong tables, videogames, and free beer in the community center. The building isn't only dedicated to DigitalCrafts. It is littered with tech startups of every variety, so you are constantly surrounded by people who have real working experience. Not only does this present you with unlimited networking opportunities, but it's also a great way to learn from real professionals.

The students at DigitalCrafts come in all shapes and sizes. Some people in my class were in their early twenties others were in their thirties. Some had masters degrees, some had PhDs, and others had no degree at all, but everyone was intelligent and willing to work really hard towards the same goal. Our backgrounds didn't matter, we were all staring from the bottom. Everyone had strengths and weaknesses which is a huge help. If you have trouble someone else can help, if someone else has trouble you can help. I found that helping others was very a great way to reinforce the things we were learning in class ehich made helping others a benificial activity.

One of the biggest benefits of DigitalCrafts is their connections in the Atlanta area. From Chick-fil-a to Home Depot, they have good relationships with plenty of companies and will get you interviews. They provide career support during and after the program, constantly posting jobs they find and openings at companies who come to them looking far suitable applicants.

DigtalCrafts was the adventure of a lifetime. One I wish I could do all over again.

• Tanweer  User Photo
    Tanweer • Software Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Did I need to go to a coding bootcamp to learn software development?

No. There is more than enough information available through free resources such as freeCodeCamp, edX, Coursera, and Udemy to transition successfully into a software development career.

Would I still make the decision to attend DigitalCrafts if I had to all over again?

Yes. Yes. Yes! What made my DigitalCrafts experience worthwhile wasn't their curriculum (don't get me wrong, that was great too) but rather the mentorship from a Senior Developer whose sole role was to transform me into a competent software developer. I value the confidence I gained at DigitalCrafts tenfolds more than the knowledge I gained here. I was intimidated when applying because of how foreign development felt to me. But little by little, that intimidation transformed into a newfound passion for developing and building applications that can make a substantive impact on people's lives and businesses.

If you know you want to attend a bootcamp, but aren't sure which one to attend, I strongly recommend DigitalCrafts. Especially if you're in Houston. Every member I've talked to on their staff seems to really care a lot about the students' success. And they're all very approachable!

My primary concern when deciding to apply was whether a program as new as DigitalCrafts would be able to provide me with a network strong enough to benefit me. It has and I think it will for you too. Their alumni network and their career network is growing by the cohort... so what I had will only be better for you.

Some tips if you apply:

Do the prework! You don't have to do all of it, but I recommend at least going through fundamental concepts of programming through a class like CS50x or MIT 6.00.1x on edx.org (both of these classes are free and DC will even reimburse you for their verified certificate).

And have some experience with Python, JavaScript, HTML, and CSS coming in so you spend your time in class to learn and excel instead of just catching up. They will provide you recommendations to learn the basics in these topics but I recommend freeCodeCamp.com for JS, HTML, and CSS, and automatetheboringstuff.com for Python. Both of these resources are free will be more than adequate to prepare you for class.

While you're in class, feel free to explore and go into depth of topics that you're interested in! I started learning Machine Learning and Cyber Security while I was in class. I recommend TeachYourselfCS.com to dive deeper into the theory behind the languages you will learn in class.

And lastly, remember to have fun! Sometimes stepping away and taking a break was all I needed to figure out how to solve the problems I was having with my code.

I hope to see y'all on the Slack channel soon!

• Ning   User Photo
    Ning • Student Verified via GitHub

I would highly recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone who is interested in enrolling in a coding bootcamp. The staff is very supportive, especially my instructor Toby. I had no coding experience prior to the course and struggled a lot throughout the course, but Toby went above and beyond to help me out. Toby cares about each student. He created challenges for students who were ahead of the class, but also created exercises for students who were behind in class and out of class. His support and encouragement gave me the confidence to keep on pursuing a career in web development. DigitalCrafts hires instructors who are not only skilled but are also determined to help you succeed.

Although DigitalCrafts is fairly small compared to the other bootcamps they have an expanding network and a great administration. They provide you with career support and have someone who gives you feedback for your resume, portfolio, github, and LinkedIn profile.

It’s a fast-paced and challenging course especially for beginners, but if you’re willing to put in the work it will be rewarding!

• Andreea  User Photo
    Andreea • Front End Developer Verified via GitHub

I recently graduated from Digital Crafts and it has been one of the best educational experiences I have ever had. The first thing that won me over was the level of importance they put on the pre-work to prep you for the course. The instructors are highly qualified, and took the time to work with students if they were falling behind or ahead of the class. The curriculum is designed to teach you the most marketable technology skill set. The course is very fast paced, and I did have to put in lots of time outside of the classroom to learn and finish projects.

When I first started researching bootcamps I wasn't sure if this was the best route to go, and I was very nervous about landing a job after completing a coding bootcamp. I ended up receiving an offer right before graduation and another one the week after graduation. We were provided with very good documentation to help you succeed in finding a job. They even have a person on staff who will provide you with thorough feedback on your resume, portfolio, github, and LinkedIn profile.

I definitely wouldn't have been able to gain the confidence and knowledge to become a web developer in such a short amount of time without Digtical Crafts.

• Steven Rodriguez  User Photo
    Steven Rodriguez • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The first time I had ever attempted to code was for the entrance quiz to DigitalCrafts. In the 8 months since then, I have developed the skills, confidence and eagerness to pursue a career in web development. This could not have been done without the amazing support of the instructors and campus counselors at DigitalCrafts.

One person in particular, my course instructor Toby, was extremely patient with me during the many moments that I doubted myself throughout the 16-week process. He is committed to helping his students at any stage in their learning process, both in and out of the classroom. From what I understand, DigitalCrafts hires instructors who are not only extremely knowledgebale of the topics covered in the curriculum, but also very patient and driven to help students learn in what might be the most challenging endeavor of their lives.

In addition, my campus counselors played an integral part in keeping me sane and assured during this process. They were very helpful to each student in the area of job assistance. I never had to wait long to hear feedback on items such as my resume, portfolio, and job-hunting inquiries. They reached out to potential employers and developed relationships with companies that have gone on to hire many gradutates from DigitalCrafts. The professionalism of Max, Jake, Natalie, and Katy, just to name a few, is second to none.

I would highly recommend other beginners take the plunge and enroll in DigitalCrafts. I promise you won't find a better support network than the great people at this bootcamp.

• Debra  User Photo
    Debra • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Everything about how DigitalCrafts operates makes this one of the best educational experiences out there. From the quality top-notch instruction, career support, curriculum, and location made it a life-changing experience. I got a job offer the day before graduating, and a few other students received offers during the class as well. It is intense, especially during the last couple weeks. It is easy to fall behind in the material because the class moves so quickly. I really recommend anyone considering this to be absolutely sure and absolutely dedicated because it is not a walk in the park. Students that put in more effort and were willing to spend outside class hours coding, no doubt got more out of it than students who did not.

Instruction: I was fortunate enough to be a part of Toby's last cohort. It was clear from Day 1 that he is truly passionate about coding and teaching. He had no problem breaking things down for us, helping us dissect the material, until we finally got it. When he felt that some students were ahead of the material, he created special bonus exercises to challenge them. When he felt some students were falling behind, he created exercises to help drill down the material. Our class had a huge disparity of skill level. Some people were true beginners and some came from very advanced technical backgrounds. Toby made sure to address it the best way he could and I really appreciated that.

Career support: DigitalCrafts helps students with everything in the job search process, from portfolios, resumes, mock interviews, sending out job postings, interview tips, whiteboarding, networking, etc. The staff is extremely dedicated in helping find you a job. They have a small, but growing network of employers who have had positive experiences with hiring DigitalCrafts graduates. My only wish is for their network to be bigger, but considering this bootcamp is still fairly new, it is understandable. They have guest speakers and recruiters come in for networking opportunities but I felt like the pacing was just not right. They should have come during weeks 12-16 when students were starting to get serious about the job search, definitely not during the first half of the course when we felt nowhere near ready for a job.

Curriculum: They are constantly changing their curriculum to match what's in demand so you really can't go wrong with what you learn. The curriculum is specifically optimized to help students be more marketable as software engineers.

Location: The Atlanta Tech Village made being an unemployed student much easier. There is plenty of free snacks, spaces to study, places to relax/sleep, and free weekly lunches. It is really the perfect environment for a coding bootcamp.

• Best school in ATL
    - 5/30/2017
    James Marion  User Photo
    James Marion • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I took a big risk leaving my job to go to a bootcamp, but I have to say that Digital crafts was the right choice. I came in with some college experience but others who have no experience ended up with a better looking portfolio than my friends who graduated from Georgia State and Georgia Tech.  I feel confident that I can get a good career in web development at this point and proudly wear my DigitalCrats tshirt!

• Sarah Basinger  User Photo
    Sarah Basinger • Apprentice Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had a great experience at DigitalCrafts. I came in with a background in email marketing, which is where I was exposed to some front end development and decided I wanted to shift my career to the technical side. I chose DC over the other schools for several reasons: the length of the program, the curriculum (front end, back end, plus database), fair price, good reviews, and good vibes after interviewing. This course is very fast-paced, challenging, and time-consuming. You are pushed to your limits. Although class was M-F 9-5, I was in early, stayed late, and sometimes went in on the weekends to keep up. Despite this, I had a blast. Rob was a fantastic teacher — very engaging and enthusiastic, not to mention a wealth of knowledge. I landed a few interviews and ended up accepting an offer for a Software Engineer Apprenticeship at Home Depot, just a few weeks after completing class.

• Mason Mahaffey  User Photo
    Mason Mahaffey • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Hands down this has been one of the best experiences of my life. I was taught by an over-qualified, flat out excellent instructor who took every one of my classmates to the level they needed to be -- no matter his/her background. My instructor was hands-off with those those that wanted to be more independent and more hands-on with those who didn't and especially those who wanted the extra guidance. I chose this course over the others not only because the people seemed awesome(which they were), but for two other major reasons as well.

1) Of all of the code schools out there, DigitalCrafts is one of the longest, if not THE longest; you get more bang for your buck, and I can't stress this enough, you NEED the extra time. If anything, at the end of it all, you will feel like 16 weeks isn't long enough. So, yeah, go with DigitalCrafts.

2) It's located in Atlanta Tech Village, which is an incredibly cool building with a trendy atmosphere and multitude of tech companies. This allows you to network with other people all throughout the week and some students end up getting hired by companies right there in the building.

To conclude, before we even graduated, we had two of our 15 classmates get hired by well paying and awesome tech companies right here in Atlanta with one of the two classmates having more than one job offer. If you want to get hired, DigitalCrafts will do everything they can to help put you in touch with the companies you want to get in touch with.  Even after we've graduated, we've continued to get tons of help from Jake one of the co-founders. He posts jobs into a job board all the time and is always looking to help us get hired. These guys really felt like a family and I doubt you could get such an excellent experience anywhere else.

• Jesslyn Landgren  User Photo
    Jesslyn Landgren • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I entered the program at DigitalCrafts after relocating and leaving a job in a mostly steady industry, so I was looking for a pretty serious experience that would be a good investment for my risk.  When researching coding bootcamps in Atlanta, for me the deciding factors were the personalized attention and communication I got from the staff and the price.  I was applying from out of Georgia at the time and I was able to chat with Jake and Max (founders) right from the website.  I sent numerous emails with questions and got complete replies right away every time.  This was not the case with other programs I talked with.  To me this showed that DC was invested in their students and distinguishing themselves from other programs by taking a local approach.  I heard this echoed by most of my fellow students later.

I was impressed by the syllabus and planned curriculum.  I went into the bootcamp having a solid foundation in Python, but really no other coding experience.  I was impressed by the rigor of the course and how often the curriculumn is updated and really really honed.  Toby was my instructor, and I was super impressed by his passion for teaching and mentoring junior developers.  It was clear from day 1 that his main goal was to instill independent learning skills in each of us.  He was always ready with an extra assignment or challenge if you finished early and they always focused on building your critical thinking skills.  Having spent a lot of time in the formal education world, he definitely ranks in the top 5 of educators that I've seen in terms of his devotion to his students and their learning outcomes.  He learned from our experiences every day and constantly made adjustments to his approach, which was great to experience as a student.

The one area where I feel like the DC program has room to improve is their formal job search prep activities.  In my opinion when I signed up, this was a significant portion of was I was investing in.  I feel like there was a lot of effort made on the part of the staff to connect students with Atlanta companies and sell employers but I did feel that it lagged behind the intensity of the technical program.  I found myself slightly off sync in terms of when I needed career advice and mock interviews vs when they were held.

I spent weeks 12-16 of the program on the job market.  I went after full-time work with benefits and full salary due to my personal situation, and was extremely happy to recieve such an offer the day of graduation.  I had approximately 6 interviews, at different levels of formality throughout the job hunt.  Most of the employers I talked to seemed to be suprised/impressed by the longer and full-stack curriculum and I felt that the projects I was encouraged to undertake in the program went a long way in furthering my application.

In the end, I was very happy with my DC experience and my resulting employment.  One of the best things about the experience was the comraderie among my cohort and how that was fostered by Toby and the DC staff.  I felt personally supported by the program and was happy and suprised to see the staff celebrating sincerely with us as each of us are finding employment.  Definitely felt like it was worth the investment.

• Michael Irby - React Developer  User Photo
    Michael Irby - React Developer • React Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

1. Teacher - Without a doubt it ultimately boils down to how willing and able you are to learn. This requires that your teacher leading you through a whirlwind of knowledge and training know his/her stuff very well. Also, not just know the material, but be able to teach it to class in a way that will allow newbies to understand it and absorb it. DigitalCrafts has sought out great teachers for their program and I absolutely loved learning from the teacher I had.

2. Staff - The staff at DigitalCrafts does a great job to help equip students for the job market. They are very knowledgeable in this area and make it very clear what they expect from the students to help best prepare them for their dev role after the class. Their network of companies and knowledge of the job market are extremely valuable assets that you will gain access to upon being a DigitalCrafts student. This is exactly how I landed my first dev role.

3. Curriculum - The curriculum is current and needed by the job market. All of the skills we learned during my class were very relevent. It was very cool to go from a complete newbie learning a bunch of new skills, to then looking at the job market and saying "Oh awesome we are already learning this in class."

I would highly encourage any of my friends to attend DigitalCrafts if they are interested in learning web development. It takes a significant amount of work and perseverance but will definitely pay off.

• John Coppola  User Photo
    John Coppola • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I came to DigitalCrafts because I felt that I needed a serious, dedicated boost to push me through a learning plateau that self-study and even a five-month front-end internship couldn't help me overcome. I did a lot of research and chose DigitalCrafts because of the good value, extra month (most other bootcamps last 12 weeks, not 16), focus on full-stack JavaScript (not Rails), and the fact that it was based in Atlanta where I knew nobody and would have no distractions.

It turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made.

The concept of these bootcamps seem almost too good to be true. People from underpaid/low-paying fields enroll in a program that lasts a few months and then go land with a job that pays double or triple when they were earning before. It's easy to get wrapped up in the payoff, but what often gets overlooked is how much hard work and grinding is truly necessary to get to that level. DigitalCrafts offers a program that facilitates the best possible path to this new career. There's nothing "magical" about it -- it's up to you to put in the effort -- but everything is set up so that if you do your part, you'll come out on the other side with the chops, abilities, and mindset of a web developer.

The most prominent aspect that sets DigitalCrafts apart from the pack (and I've felt this way since I first reached out to them in July of 2016) is the authenticity of the program. It's an organization run by people who sincerely want their students to succeed. Period. While I was there, I always felt at home and at ease with everyone on staff. The administrative staff was constantly checking in with us and also hosting events, bringing in people from the industry, and overall doing everything they could to offer us the best possible learning experience. The instructors are phenomenal and are incredibly dedicated to their students. It was clear that they were there because they loved teaching and I learned so much, even having come in with a decent amount of prior experience.

The most critical thing I learned at DigitalCrafts was how to think. The key to success in this field is being a good problem solver, and this program really taught me how to approach real-world challenges and produce viable solutions. Prior to DigitalCrafts, I had always concerned myself with the tools and the final result without much consideration for the process, but this program changed my perspective and I am now far more confident in taking on unknown bugs, challenges, and new technologies than I ever was before. It made me a much more flexible and adaptable developer, which are two traits that worthwhile employers really want in their candidates.

I strongly recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone who has had enough exposure to the field to be absolutely sure that they want to pursue it as a career. I'm extremely happy with my decision and consider it to be one of the best investments I've ever made.

• Cody Taylor  User Photo
    Cody Taylor • Software Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

Going to DigitalCrafts was the best decision I've made in regards to career choices.  I came from an I.T. background and quit my job as a Desktop Admin at a major Houston based hospital to attend, and I was terrified.  I spent hours reading reviews, talking with different bootcamps in Houston and Austin, and talked with my wife about where to go and what to do.  I spoke with graduates from the program before making my decision, and every single one of them had a job in the field, and every single one of them said it was the best decision they made.

Damian, the instructor in Houston, is an amazing teacher.  Every day class was lively, packed full of learning, and tons of laughs.  Damian graduated from a top 5 computer science program, and has been working in the field for over a decade.  The amount of knowledge that he has, and his ability to pass it along to the students is remarkable.  I can’t speak highly enough of him!

I decided on DigitalCrafts because they teach full-stack development, they're placement rate was outstanding, and the reviews were very good.  It was very reassuring how forthcoming Jason, Max, and Jake were in my initial conversations with them.  They are all very honest about how difficult the program is going to be, but how much it can pay off, and it paid off for me!  I got a job offer as a Software Developer at a fast-growing Houston company only 9 weeks into the course.  The salary that was offered to me was a 50% increase to what I was making before DigitalCrafts, and the earning potential as a software developer is exponentially higher.  No matter how you chalk it up, it was a good investment.

If you're considering going to a coding bootcamp, I can't recommend enough DigitalCrafts.  Setup a meeting with Jason, and learn about the program. Talk to graduates of the program, read reviews, do your homework.  For me, the more I dug, the more confident I became that DigitalCrafts was by far the best coding bootcamp in Houston.

-Cody

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 84% graduated. 85% of graduates were job-seeking and 96% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $60,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 116 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes data includes only students who enrolled in the full-time Immersive program. See our audited Student Outcomes Report, which differs slightly from Course Report's approach to organizing outcomes, for detailed reporting.

Note also that we count apprenticeships, internships and contract roles as a single pool. We do not have data regarding freelance employment.