digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Kennesaw, Online, Seattle, Tampa, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts is an online and in-person software development school offering 16-week full-time and 26-week part-time full-stack software development programs. Online classes are streamed in real time with live instruction creating a collaborative learning environment for all students. DigitalCrafts's campuses in Atlanta, Houston, Tampa, and Seattle are open to all students who enroll whether in-person or online. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive learning experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts is their elective program, where students or alumni have access to a variety of remote workshops and technical talks as an additional perk.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional software engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." Additionally, students receive resume, portfolio and interview guidance preparing each student for the job search upon graduation. The admissions process consists of an online application, coding exercise, and admissions meeting. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (214) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (32) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date July 7, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Tampa, Online
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more. PS - Our Kennesaw campus is launched in partnership with Kennesaw State University.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a scholarship to attend our Immersive or Flex programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    July 7, 2020 - Houston
    August 18, 2020 - Houston
    July 7, 2020 - Tampa
    August 18, 2020 - Tampa
    July 7, 2020 - Atlanta
    August 18, 2020 - Atlanta
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, SQL, Python
    Start Date July 27, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Tampa, Online
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    July 27, 2020 - Tampa
    July 27, 2020 - Houston
    August 17, 2020 - Houston
    September 8, 2020 - Houston
    October 19, 2020 - Houston
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, MVC, Agile, SQL
    Start Date July 7, 2020
    Delivered remotely, the 26-Week Online Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Online Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    July 7, 2020 - Online
    August 18, 2020 - Online
    September 22, 2020 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

Start Date July 27, 2020
    Delivered remotely, this 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront or finance tuition through Sallie Mae
    July 27, 2020 - Online
    August 17, 2020 - Online
    September 8, 2020 - Online
    October 19, 2020 - Online
  • Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date September 29, 2020
    LocationSeattle, Online
    Powered by DigitalCrafts, the Western Washington University's 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is a part-time coding bootcamp program designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals who prefer longer but more flexible class hours. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & PostgreSQL, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. The DigitalCrafts' curriculum is proven and their alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, New York Times, Home Depot, Chick-fil-A, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Skills Fund.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Skills Fund.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen & WWU staff, faculty and students will automatically receive a $1,000 scholarship to attend the Flex program
    September 29, 2020 - Seattle
  • LWang  User Photo
    LWang • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I graduated from the second part-time flex cohort with DC Full-stack web development in April 2019 and just landed a job with a decent salary and great benefits. One year ago, I was here nervously reading people's reviews. Now I would like to share my experience and answer the questions I once had.

Conclusion first: I highly recommend DigitalCrafts Bootcamp for professionals who want to transit into a career in software development. DC saves your time dramatically and equips you with the skills to continue to learn on your own.

Q: Is it necessary to go to a boot camp to get a junior dev job? Why did I enroll anyway?

A: I asked DC campus director Jason and advisor Christine this question a year ago. With great integrity, they gave me a firm answer - "no". In fact, one of my classmates got a job in the second week, the other in the second month. It has more to do with their previous background and network. Whatever taught at the Bootcamp is also accessible through other online courses ( check Colt Steele's course on Udemy). Jason and Christine told me to go to networks and build connections.

I spent 9 months learning on Coursera and Udemy while working a fulltime job. I learned HTML, CSS, and basic python. But I got confused with syntax errors from time to time, which blocked my progress significantly. I didn't know how to debug, either. Moreover, there are so many sources out there. I simply couldn't figure out whether something is necessary, what content is good material, and when to stop. For instance, to understand "why" and "how", I do need to know how certain things work in the lower level. To explain that, there are terms that I don't understand. Next, I am reading another article to understand what is that term. I just don't know when to stop the loop. An instructor can articulate those concepts in a few sentences, not in the most precise way, but good enough for me to carry on and focus on what I intend to learn. Trying to map out everything on my own was simply not efficient. I wanted a good structure to follow through to cover the fundamentals, practice the skills through hands-on experience, and needed immediate tips when I got stuck, so I decided to go to DC.

What I did not realize at the time was that I also get the chance to work with amazing people from different background. In my cohort, we even had product managers and scrum masters. Team projects were full of great ideas addressing real-world issues.  Also, we formed very supportive connections by going through the same journey.

Q: How is the curriculum? Why not five stars?

A: DC has a very solid curriculum with progressive challenges. The focus in the first month was JS, HTML, and CSS. The instructors, Chris and Amanda, did a superb job introducing the syntax and clarifying basic data concept in a way that beginners can understand. The front end curriculum is very solid. For backend, we simply didn't have enough time. There is a trade-off between lecturing and coding in class time. We cover the most important concepts, especially what is going on the lower level, in the lectures and did some practice. But we didn't get to go through a full example that shows how to connect all of them together. It didn't bother me too much. I had much better judgment myself at that point, so I just followed an online course practice, modified and further integrated the example. React is at the end. We had enough time to practice React + Redux on front end projects again. Also, by that stage, we were supposed to be comfortable to teach ourselves.

TBH, to get a job, these skills are not enough. One cannot stop learning and coding after the bootcamp. My interview frequently covers React Hooks, unit testing, webpack, WebSockets, web assembly, PWA, HTTP protocols topics, most of which I usually first heard of the concept through another failed interview, then dig in more through online tutorials.

Q: How is the job market? How helpful is DC?

A: I applied actively for positions in Houston, San Antonio, and Austin for three months. My background is not tech or STEM-related, although I do have a degree from a top university.

In Houston, I had a fairly good chance of getting a few rounds of interview for entry-level positions. I recently attended a career event in Austin, where 1/4 of the companies showed interests in me, but I think Austin companies tend to have higher expectations than Houston. SA is still a myth. I applied to many SA positions through LinkedIn. Never heard back. I think Houston has the strongest demand for junior devs among the three. Houston has a strong demand for Angular and .Net engineer in the traditional industry.

Looking for a job is like a full-time job itself. I do 99% of the work, but I know DC is out there whenever I need help. DC's career service is helpful, as they help me polish and review my resume, portfolio, GitHub and etc. After I failed my interview, I give my career advisor a call to review which part might have gone wrong and what can be learned from it. Jake and Jason are both resourceful and gave me lots of constructive advice. DC even send out direct reference to companies that have previously had positive experience hiring DC alumni.

My suggestions on job search:

Do not start the job search too early. When you are in the bootcamp, focus on the course work and build a strong portfolio. My story: When the bootcamp was halfway through, I spoke to a company in a career fair. They expressed interest in me and said would love to schedule a phone call. After they checked my portfolio, they NEVER called.

Make sure you put enough time in both job search and code challenges. Quit, if necessary. (You are about to get a new job anyway.) Try to further implement the portfolio projects and learn how to solve new issues. Always throw the best work in any code challenge/practice the employer sends. Remember, you are competing with immersive program graduates who are fully dedicated. I received my offer four weeks after I quit. And I believe more offers are on the way. :D

• Chris Trauco  User Photo
    Chris Trauco • IT Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I first looked at code schools, AKA boot camps, six years, but they had not evolved to the point where they are today. After six years in tech/IT, I was accepted into DC the day before the November 2018 cohort started, but did not have enough time to get my financials in order, so I made the decision to start in February 2019. During the long four-month wait I was accepted into 2 other ATL-based code schools that were starting between November and December of 2018, but I never enrolled because each felt more like a factory assembly line turning out 'software engineers' than an actual school.

I am more than happy with my DigitalCrafts experience, they do everything in their power to help you succeed. There were times I felt overwhelmed with the material we were covering, but once I took a step back, I realized I had the resources I needed to make it.

By far, the most critical resource DC offers is the DIRs(Developers-in-Residence) that saved me countless times throughout the program. Clare, April, Stan, Lauren, and Greg were my cohorts DIRs, and I owe them a huge thanks a million times over. The DIRs were essential in helping me understand TDD and debugging, the two coding processes I struggled with the most. The one-on-one tutoring/coaching sessions with the DIRs, that often lasted several hours at a time, is the reason I succeeded at DC.

• Jonathan R  User Photo
    Jonathan R • Graduate Verified via GitHub

DigitalCrafts is much more than a coding bootcamp. It is a team, a family, and a force. The instructors and staff are invested in your success. The Immersive program option was nothing short of transformative. At the end of the four month course, I was shocked at my comfort and proficiency with the code as well as the level of support for chasing down my own passions and creativity in the form of employment-preparing projects. Every day, for 16 weeks, I coded, learned, and explored each layer of the stack, gaining confidence along the way that allowed me to enter the job market for this new career, certain that I belonged.

• Tony DiRusso  User Photo
    Tony DiRusso • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My only regret is that I didn't take it sooner. If you can fully dedicate yourself to the process, then DigitalCrafts will help you realize your full potential. They have excellent facilities, amenities, and hands down the best instructors in the world. I went from not knowing that my computer had a Terminal, to building a react-native app in 16 weeks. You can’t fully comprehend how awesome going to DigitalCrafts can be for you.

• Matt Raines  User Photo
    Matt Raines • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Going to DigitalCrafts was the best decision of my life that I have made professionally. This 16 week full-stack bootcamp taught me all the necessary skills to grow my skills and gain employment as a software engineer (three weeks before graduation!). I owe it all to their amazing instructors and staff! They have an amazing curriculum and instructors that are unmatched. If you have the passion and drive to go all in and change your life, DigitalCrafts is the perfect place to make this happen! Thank you!

• Anthony Moss  User Photo
    Anthony Moss • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I cannot say enough great things about DigitalCrafts. The entire program was great and I am so glad I decided to attend the immersive full stack program they offer. It is definitely not something that should be taken lightly. It was a four month grind day in and day out. Even the weekends and holidays I was typically doing something coding related. But if you are up for the challange you can go from a complete novice like myself to being ready and able to take a job as a software developer by the end. For my capstone I was able to make a fully functioning 2D RPG rougelike videogame using React-Redux. This is somthing that before taking this course I would have never even dreamed of doing.

The instructors are also best in class. They are willing to work with you to ensure you understand the material. As long as you are willing to put in the effort they will are willing to help you get to where you need to be. I can honestly say without my instructor Chris, this would have been a very different experience. Not only was he extremely knowlegdeable and always able to help me with any issue, he made everything exciting and fun. His enthusism to help and teach this spread throughout the entire class and made learning that much better. I really could not have asked for a better instructor.

If you are currently trying to decide if this bootcamp is for you I just have this to say. If you are willing to work hard and really devote yourself to learning programming then yes, this is a no brainer, I myself would do it again in a heart-beat and never once have I doubted my choice. But it is alot of work, if you arent sure you want to fully commit yourself this may not be the program for you as it is easy to fall behind. You really will get out what you put in. But if you put in the work, you will come out a prepared junior developer ready for your first job, it wasnt unheard of for someone to get hired before the camp even ended.

• Ashish G.   User Photo
    Ashish G. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I decided to take a semester off of college in search of experience, but due many internships being available in the summer and not the spring, there weren't many options. So a friend recommened me to look into doing a coding bootcamp so that I would develop more skills and have projects under my belt. He recommened DigitalCrafts (DC) because he participated in a workshop led by instructor Chris Aquino. I looked into this and another bootcamp but the fact that DC had a waiting list a few weeks before the start date already showed me how valuable the program is to others. During the whole program, the instructor taught us everything we knew. I was surprised that I learned MUCH more in this course than I do at college while working on my CS degree. Chris Aquino was the instructor for my cohort and he was amazing. He taught everything we needed to know in a fun way. He would help us to the best of his ability with any question we may have. As each week progressed, the ending was near and here I am today writing this review as a graduate. I'm confident now to obtain a job after I complete my degree. I'm confident enough to showcase projects I have created. I'm confident enough to work and do more projects on my own. I highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone considering it!

• Jocelyn Bergdorff  User Photo
    Jocelyn Bergdorff • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I could not be more happier with my experience at Digital Crafts. They were thorough in teaching us various new skills in several different programming languages that allow us the ability to continue learning upin completion of the program!
  • Fantastic!
    - 5/2/2019
    Sean McQuaid  User Photo
    Sean McQuaid • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I can't possibly praise DigitalCrafts enough for my experience there! I recently graduated from the Full Stack Immersive program and already landed a job at a great company making more than I ever dreamed of! My instructor Rob was absolutely phenomenal, the facilities were amazing and all the people I met and worked with were stellar. I felt adequately supported by everyone throughout the program and learned incredibly in-demand skills that ultimately getting employed by one of my top companies. Thank you DigitalCrafts, this experience seriously changed my life!

• Faris Huskovic  User Photo
    Faris Huskovic • Software Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub

Final thoughts on Digital Crafts

So Digital Crafts has two programs. A full-time course called the Immersive program and a part-time course called the Flex program. I attended the flex program which is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30pm - 9:30pm and Saturdays from 10am - 2pm.

The onboarding process included some pre-work to familiarize people with the basics of using a terminal. It really is a “from the ground up” program. Digital Crafts looks to turn people with zero computer science experience into developers writing full-stack applications in React/Redux, Node/Express and deploying them to AWS, Heroku, and Netlify in 26 weeks. That’s a tall order if I ever heard one.

The course progressed as follows:

• The first few weeks starts out with html/css, bootstrap, and vanilla JS.

• Then we started learning how to build servers in Node/Express and making calls to them from the client-side using Axios and rendering out the data to the UI.

• Then you spend a couple weeks on databases like MongoDB and Postgres. We explored libraries like Mongoose, Sequelize, and pg-promise.

• Halfway through the course you’re learning how to prevent getting trapped in callback hell using Async/Await functions and are able to build a full-stack application.

• We then started drilling ES6 syntax pretty hard and learning how to do OOP in JS in preparation for React.

• The second to last part of the course involved learning React and Redux. I remember doing about 5 or 6 assignments bouncing from using React only and then using React w/Redux to better understand how Redux was helping manage application state. We had to also build a game using React and Redux ( which I’ll cover in another article ) to finish the chapter.

• The last subject we studied was learning how to deploy. We learned how to spin up EC2 and RDS instances as well as deploying to Netlify and Heroku.

• The final assignment was the Capstone project which we presented on Demo day.

I personally work with some alumni who are now lead developers on their teams where I work and are actually partially responsible for my motivation in enrolling in the first place. They don’t even use JS, they use Golang. Digital Crafts teaches you how to learn. It teaches you how to approach and solve problems in ways that can be translated across a plethora of different programming languages.

I think this is the real value of Digital Crafts. It doesn’t just teach you full-stack Javascript. It teaches you how computers are programmed through javascript. You are given all the resources imaginable to become a succesful programmer but at the end of the day, how well you absorb the curriculum ultimately comes down to the effort you put in.

If your ultimate goal in enrolling is to get a job as a developer, it’s worth mentioning that they are definitely doing something right with their career services program because alumni are recognized in the Slack channel when they secure new positions and that seems to be happening multiple times every week.

The class was also a lot of fun and overall an experience I’m super glad I had. I saw a lot of people from different backgrounds grow and develope as programmers. It was also pretty amazing to see how far everyone came in such a short amount of time. Digital Crafts definitely has something special going on over there.

• Lee Arnold  User Photo
    Lee Arnold • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Let me start by saying that I did not know much about programming when I started and I'm still growing my skills, but the instructors in this program really helped me to establish a solid foundation to build upon. I am a teacher by trade and making a transition into more of a project management role. The course has given me a better insight into how not only to think like a programmer, but to look for solutions that may not have been obvious at first glance.

The ability to create functional software has become a valuable tool in my belt and I am glad I went through DigitalCrafts to gain the knowledge. If you are on the fence, get off and start the application. In addition to the programming skills that are taught, you are exposed to different views on programming technologies, how to research for solutions, and how to build the soft skills that are also necessary for success in the world of code.

I recommend this program to anyone looking to make a change while balancing your career and family life.

• Hiroko Ross  User Photo
    Hiroko Ross • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Being a stay-home mom and away from my career for a few years, I needed a change, but I was scared of a change at the same time. It took some time for me to finally decided to join DigitalCrafts. I am very happy that I did.

I had Veronica as my instructor and Katy as my TA. They are both amazing. Veronica is positive, motivative, flexible, smart and helpful. She looks at a student's face and makes sure we understand.
    Katy helped me problem solve the situation when I had a hard time.

The course is fast and intense. I recommend to finish pre-work before the class start and finish your assignment. The course will be more complicated after Node.js, and it will be harder to go back and study again.

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 94% graduated. 75% of graduates were job-seeking and 80% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 133 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes include only students in the Full Stack Immersive program.

Note: Apprenticeships, internships and contract roles counted as a single pool. We do not collect data regarding short-term, part-time or freelance employment.