digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Kennesaw, Online, Seattle, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts offers a 16-week full-time and a 26-week part-time full-stack developer bootcamp in Atlanta and Houston. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive classroom experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts is their elective program, where students or alumni have access to a variety of workshops and presentations as an additional perk.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." In addition, students receive resume/portfolio guidance and a mock interview lesson. The admissions process consists of an online application, interview, and coding challenge. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (207) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (30) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date May 26, 2020
    LocationAtlanta, Houston
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more. PS - Our Kennesaw campus is launched in partnership with Kennesaw State University.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a scholarship to attend our Immersive or Flex programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    May 26, 2020 - Houston
    May 26, 2020 - Atlanta
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, SQL, Python
    Start Date June 1, 2020
    LocationAtlanta, Houston
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    June 1, 2020 - Atlanta
    August 17, 2020 - Atlanta
    October 19, 2020 - Atlanta
    June 1, 2020 - Houston
    August 17, 2020 - Houston
    October 19, 2020 - Houston
  • KSU Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date May 26, 2020
    LocationKennesaw
    Powered by DigitalCrafts, the Kennesaw State University CPE's 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is a part-time coding bootcamp program designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals who prefer longer but more flexible class hours. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & PostgreSQL, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. The DigitalCrafts' curriculum is proven and their alumni have gone on to work for companies like Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, and more.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a $1,000 scholarship to attend the Flex program as well as KSU staff, faculty and students.
    May 26, 2020 - Kennesaw
  • WWU Full Stack Flex (Part-Time) - Coming soon!

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, REST, SQL
    LocationSeattle
    Coming soon! Powered by DigitalCrafts, the Western Washington University Outreach & Continuing Education's 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is a part-time coding bootcamp program designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals who prefer longer but more flexible class hours. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & PostgreSQL, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. The DigitalCrafts' curriculum is proven and their alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, New York Times, Home Depot, Chick-fil-A, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae.

• Melissa Cantu  User Photo
    Melissa Cantu • Student Verified via LinkedIn

When I decided to make a change of career to Software Developer I was a little afraid I was gonna be really lost because I had no coding experience, but after doing a little research I found Digital Crafts, which had really great reviews and everyone said the program was amazing, so I decided to do it. Today I'm so happy I found it and I'm so happy with my decision to do it because it really is one of the best experiences in my life.

The amount of things you learn in four months is crazy (good crazy). It takes a lot of commitment, work and dedication to learn everything but everyone is so helpful and always willing to help you with everything. The instructors are amazing, the program is amazing, all the digitalCrafts team are amazing and friendly, so for everyone who is thinking about going for a change and are not so sure to just go for it because you have no experience or very little experience, my advice to you is to just go for it and go with digitalCrafts, you will not regret it and personally, i'm really impressed about where I am now, and where I was four months ago.

PS: The pre-work is really helpful to not be lost the first days if you're really new to coding; and if you're not its a good practice, so do it. :)

• Keith Pittman  User Photo
    Keith Pittman • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before attending DigitalCrafts, I was learning and coding in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript and not sure what step I should take to start being able to develop professional websites for startups and corporations. I found that DigitalCrafts had great reviews and decided to join and don't regret it in the slightest! Although DigitalCrafts starts off with basic fundamentals and is very beginner-friendly, most students seemed like they were at an equal skill level once we started backend technologies. For our final projects, many startups and agencies within the office building came in to pitch ideas and let us work directly with them to gain experence working with businesses/clients.

Veronica was an amazing instructor and was always able to teach complicated topics in a simple, understandable way, and the TAs were always there to help students with whatever problems we would face during our projects and homework. Veronica always made sure all of us were understanding what we were studying and made it fun. One of the TAs(James) even came to the school on a Saturday to help me and two others on issues we were facing on our projects and stayed till 8:30pm coding with us and making sure we understood the concepts we were struggling with.

I would definitely recommend DigitalCrafts for both begineers and CS majors and suggest to future students to do as much of the prework as possible so that once you're in class, you can spend more time trying to understand the more complex topics rather than struggling with the basics.

• Carlton Freeman  User Photo
    Carlton Freeman • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I'll start with the good stuff:

This course is the best investment of both my time and my money that I've made in my career. If you've been teaching yourself code through tutorials and books, but are having a tough time pulling all those elements together to build projects from scratch, DigitalCrafts will get you there. You just have to be willing to put in the work.

The technologies taught here are extremely relevant in today's development landscape, and there are many high-paying roles where you can solve interesting problems with the skills you'll learn in this course. I think you also get a good survey of the differences between back-end and front-end development, so you can make an educated decision about which to specialize in. Or, you can be indecisive like me and try to be both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The instructors were another big positive here. Lachlan and Adam are both extremely knowledgeable, and have each carved out great tech careers. Folks that are lucky enough to find a technical mentor have a huge leg-up in teaching themselves to code. Not everyone has access to a mentor, so having these two industry experts to ask questions to and learn from for 6 months was a huge part of the value of this course.

I'd also say the folks leading DigitalCrafts are very open to feedback. We saw quite a few changes made on the fly based on feedback from students, and I've already heard some great ways they're improving future cohort's courses based on our experience.

Finally, the structure of a classroom environment and a cohort of peers all learning and struggling with the material alongside you really helps. When you try to teach yourself watching YouTube tutorials and you don't understand something, there's not much you can do other than find another one or keep re-watching until you understand it. When you are in a classroom and you don't get something, it's likely there are other classmates that don't get it either. The instructors are pretty good about checking for understanding, and can find another way to explain the topic until everyone's on the same page.

The less-than-great:

We started things off with a Programming Fundamentals section, which is an excellent place to start. However, it was taught in Python, which we never used after that intro. DigitalCrafts heard our feedback loud and clear on that, and I have heard they're just going to teach this section in JavaScript (the primary language used throughout the course) for future cohorts.

I'd offer the same critique as the Python section for the jQuery sections. Though it's still useful, jQuery is pretty dated, and we replace it with React later in the course. I think teaching the DOM manipulation stuff in vanilla JavaScript would be a better use of that time, and build familiariity with the language earlier on.

I don't count this as a "negative", as it's not part of what the course sells itself as, but Computer Science fundamentals like algorithms and data structures are not covered in the course. Learning these makes you much stronger in tech interviews, so I'd recommend taking the more CS-themed electives as they become available, and spending a lot of time becoming practicing these kinds of problems on leetcode.com or codewars.com.

• Katherine Gibson  User Photo
    Katherine Gibson • Developer in Residence • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended DigitalCrafts from Feb - Aug 2018 as part of their first part-time flex cohort. I am currently working as a DIR for the program so my opinions are coming from two perspectives.

As a student: DigitalCrafts was a great choice for me as stay at home mom with no experience in coding. The initial pre-work was useful and necessary to get you started on the right foot. I would recommend the flex program to anyone who is needing to continue working or cannot dedicate 3 solid months to learning how to code. There were some rough patches at times since this was their first flex cohort, but I still feel like the quality of instruction was good. The instructors were very knowledgeable both in content and career. Keep in mind, if this is something you are considering, it will take a lot of work on your end. Instructors provide lecture and advice but if you are not willing to put in the time and effort you will not be successful. You will get out what you put in.

As a DIR: Though it hasn't been long, since becoming a DIR I have been able to watch DigitalCrafts improve. One of my highest compliments to the company is their ability and willingness to listen to feedback and adapt. They ask for feedback often and will take action on comments from their students and staff. I feel and hope that this program will only grow and improve.

• Gabriel Frontera  User Photo
    Gabriel Frontera • gfrontera@gmail.com • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After several years yearning for a career change, I decided to take the bootcamp route to formalize my interest in programming. During my research, I noted that DigitalCrafts' name and reputation stood out from the rest of Houston programs. DigitalCrafts' fully immersive class provides not only the foundation, but the blueprint for a successful career in the tech world.

Now, it is indeed a challenging 16 weeks. The curriculum packs a lot of work (projects, assignments, extra-curricular learning, etc)  in such a short time. However, the resources to succeed are there. Attentive instructors and TAs, as well as the resources from the DigitalCraft wide network of alumni and current students. In addition to the actual material covered, the staff, including the Campus Director, provide insightful and constructive job-seeking feedback, as well as thorough presentations to make sure that the students are well prepared to tackle the job market.

I could not be happier with my decision to enroll as I see myself light-years away from where I was 5 months ago.

• Ben Gamber  User Photo
    Ben Gamber • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I could not be more satisfied with the education I got with DigitalCrafts. The atmosphere and community built in the classroom create an environment that's easy to learn in and focuses on developing not just personal skills but also cooperation and team-building skills. The staff are fully dedicated to giving every student the opportunity to succeed both in the course and in careers after graduation. I came away from the course confident in my abilities and wielding the tools I need to develop my skills further.

• Francisco Duluc  User Photo
    Francisco Duluc • Software Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am very happy with DigitalCrafts. The coursework was intense (as expected), and this allowed me to really hone my Software Development skills in a professional and collaborative environment. Everyone at DigitalCrafts was very helpful, all the way from my Instructor, my TA, Career Services, the Campus Director and everyone in between. They really care about their students’ success.

As with everything valuable in life, this Coding Bootcamp takes effort, dedication, passion and commitment. My advice for incoming students would be to completely do the pre-work assignment they will give you and practice coding every day. This will allow you to hit the ground running when classes start.

Best of luck!

• Christian Lowe  User Photo
    Christian Lowe • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Attending DigitalCrafts was a really great decision for me. Before starting the bootcamp I had been self-taught for about year and half, and while I had shallow understanding of many of the topics covered in the course, the Full-Stack Immersive program really helped me dive deeply into it all. I learned a great deal over the 16 weeks that we were in the program, and I would definitely do it again. That being said, no bootcamp could be perfect, so I will split up my review between things I loved about the program, and things that could be better.

Things I loved about the program:

1. Veronica was a great instructor who would move mountains to help her students. Having the kind of enthusiasm and care from a teacher like Veronica is an invaluable way to start your programming career.

2. Career Week. Career week was a week long module within the program in which we got to: hear from speakers who are currently out working in the field, participate in mock interviews and whiteboarding to learn what we might face when applying to jobs, and learn how to make great resumes and portfolios specifically for jobs as developers. I found this week to be great and it really gave me the confidence necessary to consider myself a professional developer.

3. Group projects. I can't speak enough about how valuable the experience I gained from working on group projects was. Software Development for the most part is not really a 'lone-wolf' kind of field, so learning things like pair-programming, source-control collaboration, and good communication, is an experience without equal. Group projects also allowed us students to learn a lot from one another as each and every person brought a very unique set of skills and knowledge to the team.

4. A focus on the fundamentals. This was something that I really enjoyed about both Veronica and Paul's teaching. Rather than chasing down a million different frameworks, we learned how to write clean programs in Python and vanilla JavaScript. Frameworks come and go, but I am confident that knowing the fundamentals and core technologies of the web stack will show long term career benefits and I am really thankful Veronica applied that same belief to her teaching.

5. Friday interview challenges. Another really great aspect of the DigitalCrafts curriculum. Each Friday we would be split into pairs and would have an hour to answer as many questions as we could ranging from programming trivia and brain teasers to pretty difficult coding problems. Not only did these challenges test our problem solving skills and knowledge, but they also forced us to learn how to communicate well under a time crunch. I am very glad that this was a part of the course.

6. Business pitches. Just before our final projects we got the chance to listen to local businesses pitch us their ideas about work or projects they needed done. We then had the option of working with these businesses for two weeks to develop and ship a real product for them. This was another amazing aspect of the course and having worked for one of the local businesses, I gained a lot of experience from the project. I would 100% recommend that DigitalCrafts continue doing this for future cohorts.

Things I was not such a fan of:

1. A lack of community. I really wish DigitalCrafts had placed a greater emphasis on building community at the Houston campus. Aside from an awkward pizza party at the beginning of the course, and the occasional sharing of champagne to celebrate job offerings, there was a pretty massive lack of social-life within the bootcamp. Most days were spent listening to the lecture(s), doing the exercises, and then leaving for the day, with practically no after class activities provided that would build camaraderie. On the very last day of the course the staff did take us out for happy hour, however, it was somewhat disappointing to only get to know all the awesome personalities within our cohort and with the staff at the end of the course rather than throughout it.

2. Not enough attention applied to computer science fundamentals. To preface this point, coding bootcamps are not supposed to be replacements for computer science degrees, so I am not saying that DigitalCrafts should aim to teach what you would learn in university courses. However, CS basics do make up the foundations of programming, and learning basic concepts like what data structures are, what Big O notation is, binary, networking (TCP, HTTP, FTP), and memory management, are somewhat essential to excelling as a programmer. When the curriculum allowed, Veronica was really great at teaching these concepts and she covered them with great clarity. The lesson in which she explained the difference between "pass by reference" versus "pass by value" during our JavaScript module was a eureka moment for me. Unfortunately, these were usually very short snippets of the lesson and I feel that the concepts did not really "stick" for most of us.

3. Teaching Assistant turnover. TA's were a pretty essential aspect of the course. Veronica could not be in three places at once answering each student's questions, and having TA's available to answer questions when Veronica was unable to was really helpful. Unfortunately, these TA positions are only meant to be temporary positions for DC alumni while they go through the job search or long interview processes. This meant that there was a lot of TA turnover throughout our course, usually losing and replacing one every 2-4 weeks. I really think it would a great idea if DigitalCrafts made this a full-time position that lasted the length of a cohort so as to provide more continuity.

4. The pre-course work could be better. Having gone through the pre-work with a couple of other bootcamps such as Hack Reactor and General Assembly, I felt that the pre-work for DigitalCrafts could benefit from being a bit more methodical, rather than just being a list of somewhat random learning resources.

DigitalCrafts is a really great program, it is a lot of hard work, and at times it can be overwhelming. However, if you put in the effort, and truly enjoy programming, it is a great experience with a lot to offer.
  • Callum Byers  User Photo
    Callum Byers • Software Consultant • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Digital Crafts is a 16 week full stack immersive bootcamp.  It is time consuming, but definitely worthwhile.  The covered material is interesting, and will be needed by job seekers when entering the job market.  The instructors are dedicated and knowledgable, and there are a lot of resources available to you throughout the duration of the course.

If you are looking for a career change I would definitely recommend Digital Crafts.

P.S. Don't worry if you have little coding experience!

• Jesse Weaver  User Photo
    Jesse Weaver • Software Consultant • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I went into DigitalCrafts knowing close to nothing about web development, and before I had finished the course, I had accepted a job offer. As had many others in my class.

This course is not easy and will take a lot of dedication, but will pay off if you work hard. The instructors were very knowledgable and did all they could to make sure the students were successful. While at the same time they don’t hold your hand, and will teach you to work past your own technical roadblocks, which will benefit you in your career. They also offer good career support and advice to help you get a job.

Overall it was a great experience that helped me get a foot into a new career and would I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a coding bootcamp.

• Adrian Jablonski  User Photo
    Adrian Jablonski • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Having done most of the pre work to prepare for the class, I found the first part of the class very easy. Once we got to node.js, the work became very difficult for me to the point I thought I would never understand it. However, during the end of our back end project with the help of the instructor, TA's, and other students, it all finally started to make sense to me and I now really enjoy using node.

Although everything we learned in class could be self taught, I think the best part of this class and what made it worth taking is having so many people around for support when you get stuck on a problem.

• A Great Exp!
    - 5/26/2018
    Abdullah Alani  User Photo
    Abdullah Alani • UX/UI Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had a good experience at DigitalCrafts and gained a great deal of knowledge that I did not have despite holding a "Software Development Degree in Java" prior to joining the bootcamp.

It is really smart that the program is not stricted to teaching students coding only, but other essential skills that every software engineer should know including: pair and team programming, interviews' practice, logic and problem solving, and also learning other technologies that are being used in the industry like github and its git commands, AWS and many other things.

They also provided students with lots of help in finding jobs and keeping them posted on the job market. Serviced the students to have and reflect a professional image in order to land a job.

If there is one thing that I'd like to see differently at DigitalCrafts! that would be providing another stack to teach such as .NET, C# & Angular. And that would give the enrolling students more options to choose from.

Lastly, DigtialCrafts was probably the best choice I have ever made in my professional career as it helped me in landing my dream job on my last week of the course.

• Kyle Lang  User Photo
    Kyle Lang • Front-End Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

The course is worth the dollars required for more than just the technical knowledge that you leave with. While anyone could theoretically take the time to learn the curriculum presented in the course on their own (albeit at a slower pace than you would in the course) the extra benefits of Digital Crafts are as follows.

1. Learning how to work with a group. You might be good at coding, but most employers want to see that you work well in a team, because on any big project your code isn't worth much if it doesn't work with everyone else's.

2. Portfolio review. At about the two-thirds mark through the course, the student coordinator reviews your social media, Linked-In, and Github accounts, as well as your resume and any portfolio website that you may have created. This is instrumental in helping you be ready to apply for jobs.

3. Mock interviews. If you're anything like me, even if you know how to code, you have no idea how to properly solve white-board problems while talking through your process to the interviewer watching you whilst also answering behavioral questions in a manner that best displays your talents. The mock interviews you are given access to really help you in your job search.

4. And when you leave, on top of all the coding that you've learned, you have access to a messaging application that consistently updates with jobs that have been found by members and alumni of Digital Crafts.

TL;DR - If you're on the fence about whether or not to take a camp like this, I had it explained to me like this: learning to code is like learning a language. Learning on your own is like trying to learn Spanish out of a textbook-- it can be done, but it will take you a while and it will be a lot harder than it would be if you moved to Mexico for half a year. Immersing yourself not only in the language but the nuances that come along with it and the culture that the language evolves in will ultimately make you more proficient than you ever could be on your own.

• Awesome place
    - 5/25/2018
    KELSEY MCCARSON  User Photo
    KELSEY MCCARSON • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Great teachers. Great curriculum. High standards.

You'll learn the best tech that people are looking for right now like Python, Javascript, React, Redux, NodeJs and Postgres.  You'll be challenged in new and exciting ways. You'll make really great friends and you'll land an awesome job. I couldn't be happier with my decision to attend DC.

• Terry Patterson  User Photo
    Terry Patterson • Student Verified via GitHub

Digital Crafts Provides a complete course covering full stack web development. While it can get hard at times as there is a lot to cover in only 16 weeks, I left the course feeling ready to approach the job market.

• Awesome!
    - 5/18/2018
    Illia Chaban  User Photo
    Illia Chaban Verified via GitHub

I finished a Full Stack Immersive Program in May 2018 in Atlanta.

It was an awesome experience. The stuff was very helpful and supportive. Of course, it was challenging, but the instructors were always there for me. If you're committed and ready to put some extra work after class, you'll find this bootcamp an amazing learning opportunity. Highly recommend!

I would genuinely like to thank everyone in DigitalCrafts, but especially Jonathan Martin for answering all of my 'WHY?!'

• Hassan Noueilaty  User Photo
    Hassan Noueilaty • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you’ve spent a good amount of time preparing for a coding bootcamp, and know exactly what you’re wanting to get out of it, then don’t think twice about signing up. Put both feet in and you won’t regret your decision. Realize that nearly any bootcamp across the country will expose you to similar technologies and that you’ll only scratch the surface of each topic. There's only so much you can cover in 3-4 months. What you’re mainly getting is the structure of everyday practice in a collaborative, supportive, and social environment.

There were times during the program that I questioned my decision of enrolling and what value I was actually getting out of it. Most if not all that we learn is available to us online for free, but the momentum to keep going is not. Sometimes that’s all that I needed to continue pushing through roadblocks. Additionally, the opportunity to work with other classmates on projects was a valuable experience that is difficult achieve through the self-taught path.

It can’t be stressed enough that preparation before enrolling will only multiply what you get out of the program. Additionally, don’t expect anyone to hold your hand. The lecture is barely 2-3 hours and the rest of the day you’re primarily on your own. Learning to become independent is only going to make you a stronger developer. Your level of success is strictly determined by the amount of hard work you put into it.

Lastly, a lot of prospective students I met were concerned that they didn’t have the background appropriate for this sort of a program. I studied Anthropology & Philosophy as my undergraduate degree which has no relation to software development whatsoever. However, what every successful student at DigitalCrafts has in common is the willingness and determination to work hard and succeed.

No review is complete without some feedback on the program:

• I would make the pre-course work more challenging, and use the first month to cover more in-depth topics instead of covering the same material as pre-course work. The first three weeks were sort of redundant after having prepared for this program.

• Incorporate daily algorithm toy problems. I believe this is covered by the CS elective, but it would still be good to warm up before the day starts with a short toy problem sprint. This would also make a great opportunity for pair programming.

• Offer more electives that focus on UI/UX, and spend more time on GitHub, and launching/hosting our projects.

• Help students establish coding best practices. Writing clean code is something prospective employers will look for in a candidate, so knowing the good and the bad of clean code early on would have been helpful.

• Offer more diverse assignments. The majority of what we practiced building were to-do lists.

• Consider changing ‘Career Week’ to ‘Career Days’ that are incorporated throughout the program. This would give us more time to polish our resumes, portfolios, etc. throughout the entire program instead of cramming it all into one week.

• Lastly, I would encourage the instructor to be more involved in the students success. The instructor checked in with us during the first few weeks during lab hours, but throughout the rest of the program they were just made available to students for questions following lecture. I think there's a lot more to gain from having an instructor there full-time. Learn and connect with your students to understand who they are and what their professional goals are.

• Brandon Bates  User Photo
    Brandon Bates • Student Verified via LinkedIn

My time at DigitalCrafts was mostly interesting and fun. There were a lot of hurdles and and bumps in the road along the way but the experience gained was worth it. The curriculum is fast paced and you will have to put in a lot of hard work in order to succeed. Make sure you do the prework! There is a reason calls to do the prework is written in a lot of the reviews. Overall, my time at DigitalCrafts helped me gain friendships with my classmates and set the foundation for a career in web development.

The job support is decent. They will review your resume and portfolio along with other facets of your online presence and give you helpful tips so that you can maximize your exposure to potential employers. However, the Houston area isn’t as in demand as other places with tech job markets. If you are willing to relocate you will have an advantage in possibly finding a job sooner so it is something to consider before starting the course.

In closing, I would highly recommend DigitalCrafts as a way to launch your career as a Developer. Jason is easy to talk to and my instructor Azam has many years of experience and will give a lot of helpful tips on how to prepare better for the job search as well as teaching the different technologies and languages.

• Allyson Conrad  User Photo
    Allyson Conrad • Student Verified via GitHub

I just graduated from DigitalCrafts Atlanta full-time in-class immersive web development cohort, and I have to say it was not an easy, drop in now and then experience. It was hard. It was time-consuming. It was worth it. I haven't gotten a job offer yet, but I'm not too worried. I have every confidence that I have the skills to get a job as a developer now. I'm still finishing my portfolio.

I can't say enough good things about the founders, Jake and Max, and the instructors, Chris, Rob, and Jonathan, and the staff, Liz and Zakia. They were fabulous and supportive and helpful every single time I needed anything. They modify the curricula with the change in the marketplace, and in response to the feedback from their classes.  They're an impressive bunch. It was an amazing experience. The class formed a tight knit group all working hard toward the same goal, and they/we still keep in touch daily on Slack. (Also, the building the school is in - Atlanta Tech Village on Piedmont Rd in the heart of Buckhead - is an amazing experience all on it's own.)

I tried to do online classes first, and eventually admitted to myself that I needed more help. I could do an Android class, or a JavaScript class, etc., but I couldn't fit it all together and know what was needed to become a real full-stack developer, and I needed to be able to ask questions. Why is it done that way? Exactly what do I need to do on the command line to set that up?  How do those modules fit together?  I also did better with the structure of the daily deadlines in order to push myself hard enough. It was fast-paced, and we learned a ton very quickly.

A college class would have taken too long and cost too much without teaching me the current skills I need in the work force. An online boot camp wouldn't have been enough support for me. I researched every avenue and evaluated cost/benefits very carefully. I'm glad this is what I chose, because it was exactly what I needed.

If you don't plan on going every day, and doing the assignments after the all-day class, don't bother. And you really have to learn some basics before you can qualify to sign up, if you want to be successful. But if you want to learn the skills you need to to get a job as a developer in the current market, I think this is a great way to do it.

• Daniel Dyer  User Photo
    Daniel Dyer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I found DigitalCrafts to fit the bill for me very well, all-in-all. The end results are these. First and foremost, I am getting interviews with companies that I'm actually, genuinely interested in working for. Secondly, I feel competent as a programmer and web-developer, and ready to grow even more. Thirdly, I know from experience now that I have the attitude, skills, and talent to go forwards and start a career for myself.

This course required a whole lot of hard work, and if I would have given it more, it would have benefitted me even more. I'm not just saying that, either. There were nights that I stayed up really late working on projects, just to get it done, and woke up early the next morning to keep on working on it. I found myself wishing for more hours in the day to complete assignments, and to continue to take on extra work outside of class. There's plenty to learn, and I readily will tell you it was delivered very accessibly to my eyes and ears - this course has a great curriculum.

In the months leading up to graduation, the career-readiness team helped out a lot, often recommending jobs that we could apply for, and giving us plenty of opportunities to network with recruiters. The critiques on resumes and portfolios that they gave us were invaluable, and I really found myself appreciating them and implementing them. Jason and the other campus leaders were always there to give advice, lend an ear, or work with you on finding solutions to the problems that you had.

If you devote yourself to this class, and find that you do really well in classroom learning, I believe it will prove to be the piece you put into place on your road to becoming a developer. My only critique would be that, while I never thought it was too compressed in its curriculum, there were times where I really struggled with managing my time.

It was really tough to balance being sociable with friends and family, or to have very much personal relaxation outside of the class. Be careful that you truly do allot as much time as you need for this course outside of classroom hours (and get enough sleep!) and you will thank yourself in the end. You should code daily, push to your Github daily, do a little extra networking/online-presence-building daily, and study for whiteboarding interviews daily. That's a tall order, yes - but if you keep to it, you'll be an A+ candidate for the right job. Come truly ready to work, and you'll go far.

• Braden Schiller  User Photo
    Braden Schiller • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Digital Crafts was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. They really care about your success in this field and they help you every step of the way. Although you can find alot of the information online I think that with the experience from the Digital Crafts team they are able to give you that extra leg up and an abilty to go out and learn more on your own. Im still looking for a job but with my knowledge now I feel confident enough to land a postion and continue my growth as a software developer. Also Azam is an awsome teacher if you are planning on going there definitely get Azam as your teacher you will learn so much.

• Jesus Flores  User Photo
    Jesus Flores • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As a recent graduate from DigitalCrafts, I've become a confident web developer. I can honestly say I'm pleased with the decision I've made in attending the boot camp. There is so much to learn and everything taught is to prepare you to go out and get that full-time developer job you've been seeking, or create and launch your own web/mobile app! As a student there I dived into the basics of Python, a programming language then went onto HTML, CSS, and then Javascript. This is all covered within 5 weeks of the cohort so you can only imagine how much more there is to learn afterward. The best thing about it is the community built within the class. You go in not knowing anyone, and come out making new friends. Another good fact is after DigitalCrafts, your fellow alumni, as well as the faculty at DigitalCrafts, are there to stay in touch with you. A big thumbs up to DigitalCrafts to help in prepping me for what's to come!

• Monis Rizvi  User Photo
    Monis Rizvi • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having previously worked in the banking and tech industries for many years, I felt jaded and stagnant with the career growth. I held some discussions with people around me and after some thorough introspection I decided to take a leap of faith and joined DigitalCrafts.

Before joining DigitalCrafts, my skill set was only limited to knowing HTML and some CSS and I was quite worried if I would be able to cope and keep up with the extensive nature of the curriculum crammed into a period of 16 weeks. Now that I look back on the last 4 months, I can feel nothing but happy at my decision. As I enter the final days of the course, I am excited and confident about my skills and what lies ahead for me.

The curriculum is designed to take a group of students with varied backgrounds and skill levels, and bring them all to a similar level of knowledge and understanding. Of course, the final outcome for each of the students depend, besides other factors, on their level of motivation, amount of hard work they are willing to put in and how effectively they utilize the tools and help available to them.

Due to the technical nature of the topics that are covered in such a class, it is imperative that the instructor kept it lively and interactive or they risk losing the audience (students). Our instructor, Paul, has been one of the best teachers I have come across in my life. I found his method of teaching to be highly effective and helpful. I was very impressed with his depth of knowledge of not only the material being taught but as well his ability to relate the course content with real life examples and anecdotes. His love for pizza, Pink Panther, cats, funny GIFs and all-things-nerdy made the whole journey so much easier and provided the much needed comic-relief in times of stress and frustration.

Time for some minor quibbles. The only thing I felt throughout the course was that the quality of content-slides and study material could be improved. While they are okay to follow during the lectures, they are not very helpful once you’re on your own and trying to revise or understand a particular topic. A video-recording of the lecture sessions will also go a long way in helping students to revise the course content over the weekends.

As a word of advice for those who are in the process of deciding or about to start life as a developer, I can not stress enough on the importance of taking the preparatory course work seriously. Paying special attention to JavaScript and Python before starting the course is extremely beneficial once classes begin. Otherwise you risk playing catch up all throughout the course because the course content is quite extensive fast paced. There will also be periods where self-doubt and uncertainty are bound to creep in and when you’ll feel that you’re not good enough. It is important that you regain your focus and keep working through these periods.

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 84% graduated. 85% of graduates were job-seeking and 96% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $60,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 116 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes data includes only students who enrolled in the full-time Immersive program. See our audited Student Outcomes Report, which differs slightly from Course Report's approach to organizing outcomes, for detailed reporting.

Note also that we count apprenticeships, internships and contract roles as a single pool. We do not have data regarding freelance employment.