digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Online, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts offers full-time and part-time software development and UX design bootcamps both online and in-person in hybrid learning. Online classes are streamed in real time with live instruction creating a collaborative learning environment for all students. On-site campuses in Atlanta, Houston, Tampa, and Seattle are open to local students who wish to learn with on-site teaching assistants and a community of peers. DigitalCrafts has graduated hundreds of successful engineers since 2015, transforming aspiring developers into full-stack software engineers with cutting-edge skillsets and polished portfolios.

At DigitalCrafts, each program’s curriculum is adapted to the changing needs of the market so students gain the skills that employers are looking for right now. The curriculum is crafted with beginners in mind, and combines live, online instruction with hands-on exercises and projects that effectively cater to all learning styles. Students are supported along the way by instructors with years of industry experience and a team that genuinely cares about each student’s success, along with TAs and a Student Success team dedicated to helping students land the job upon graduation.

Students will graduate with a polished resume, an established online presence, and the opportunity for mock interview practice. With DigitalCrafts’ exclusive elective workshops, students will learn additional skills and hear from employees at companies like Google and Mailchimp. Students also gain access to DigitalCrafts’ ever-growing Employer Network — a collection of companies, large and small, who hire for the skills that we teach.

DigitalCrafts is proud to offer a $1MM You Belong in Tech scholarship fund, providing automatic scholarships to all Black, Latinx and women students, no essay required.

With education at its core and a vast network of skilled engineers and alumni, DigitalCrafts also offers premier software staffing services and corporate training solutions, specializing in reskilling and up-skilling modern technology teams.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (297) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (38) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Cybersecurity (Full-Time)

LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    More details coming soon! Applications are expected to open by June 2021 (if not earlier). Reach out to our team at admissions@digitalcrafts.com to learn more.
  • DigitalCrafts UX Design (Full-Time)

User Experience Design
    Start Date September 7, 2021
    LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    Applications opening soon! Throughout the online UX Design 14-week program, students will learn the ins and outs of what is necessary to begin a career in UX Design. Key concepts covered throughout the program include: UX Design Fundamentals, Information Architecture, UI Design, Interaction Design, UX Engineering, Design Leadership
    You may finance your tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. Learn more about tuition payment options on our website.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    September 7, 2021 - Online
    January 24, 2022 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Web Development (Full-time)

Start Date May 3, 2021
    LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    This online 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    You may finance your tuition with Sallie Mae. Learn more about tuition payment options on our website.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipYou Belong In Tech Scholarship: Automatic partial scholarships to Black, Latinx and women students. We also sponsor The Builder Scholarship, awarded by committee to builders with especially compelling stories, achievements and goals.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner or Intermediate
    May 3, 2021 - Atlanta
    June 1, 2021 - Atlanta
    May 3, 2021 - Tampa
    June 1, 2021 - Tampa
  • DigitalCrafts Web Development (Part-time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, SQL, REST, GitHub
    Start Date May 18, 2021
    LocationTampa, Online, Houston, Atlanta
    The online 26-Week Web Development program is the part-time version of our full-time program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. Students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack web development projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Finance tuition with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner or Intermediate
    May 18, 2021 - Tampa
    June 15, 2021 - Tampa
  • Aliyah Gamble  User Photo
    Aliyah Gamble • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I attended DigitalCrafts for the 16 week immersive bootcamp on July 27th and ended on November 16th. To put it simply it was one of the best academic decisions I have made thus far. Being that I am a Senior in college, the experience was completely different in terms of the learning style and certain mechanisms used to understand what we were learning. However, that just made the experience of becoming a Software Engineer worth it. I can admit that it was not easy(I had never written a line of code before) yet, with the help of my instructor, classmates, and self determination; I made it! Through making it, DigitalCrafts reminded me how important it was to make connections with individuals-not just people, push myself beyond my limits, and know that if I ever needed any help they were just a slack message away. Oh and did I mention, this was completely remote!
    If you needed a sign this is it. Take that risk and invest in yourself. DigitalCrafts makes the transition and process worth it all!
  • GUOBIN YAN
    - 12/9/2020
    GUOBIN YAN  User Photo
    GUOBIN YAN • Manager, Supply Chain Solutions • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Mike taught a course was crafted to accommodate the need of our team after we moved forward with AWS as our internal database.  The course was tailored to students with different skill levels of SQL and Power BI.  I was significantly benefited from the trainings and Mike's teaching.  He was very patient and resourceful.  I would recommend DigitalCrafts as a Go-To training partner to other companies that look for improving their employees' skills with SQL and Power BI.
  • SQL Training
    - 12/9/2020
    Carrie   User Photo
    Carrie • Sr. Supply Chain Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have a great learning experience from this SQL course. The curriculum was tailored to my job needs and was designed at reasonable progress pace from basics to more advantaged tricks. The instructor Michael was well prepared, made himself available for questions and made sure everyone in the class understood the topics. He would walk down help debug whenever we had class exercises and needed help. The course was two days a week for two weeks and the learning was very efficient for the course duration that was relatively shorter compared to some other online courses. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their data analytics skills quickly from exploring SQL. Thank you DigitalCraft and my company who is willing to invest in their employee skills improvements.
  • Luke Brazil  User Photo
    Luke Brazil • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took the DC Immersive 4 month course. It is intense and can be nauseating at times. The amount of information learned in such a short period is incredible. My instructor was amazing and enjoyed every second of him. If you're looking for a bootcamp that gets you ready for a position, this is it.
  • Ryan Schniederjan  User Photo
    Ryan Schniederjan • Junior Full-Stack Developer, DiR • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The might be a little misleading, cause I have very positive praise for DigitalCrafts and the BootCamp style of learning.  So let's dive in.
    Let's start with me.  I am a career medical professional with 16 years of practice.  I had tinkered around with coding, mostly just HTML and CSS, but decided it was time to expand this knowledge and take on the challenge of doing Full-Stack Development.  After all, it couldn't be as difficult as my medical training, right?  WRONG!  Learning this stuff was more difficult.  Mostly because YOU CAN'T JUST MEMORIZE IT!  There is just too much.  And it changes all the time.  In fact, right in the middle of us learning React, Facebook issued an update that forced our instructor to jump to teaching us React Hooks 3 days early!
    However, I did change how I would study and learn and was able to grasp the concepts needed.  And remember, it is a BootCamp, so be fully prepared to learn at warp speed!

Now for DigitalCrafts.  I researched the other programs available and I choose DC 1) because they had a campus in Houston, where I am, and 2) because their curriculum seemed to be broader and covered more languages and frameworks that I had heard were more relevant in the workforce.
    I am glad I choose DC and when I choose to do it.  Our Cohort was totally online due to COVID-19.  And yes, we were on Zoom for 6+ hours every day and had to have our camera's on.  While this might not sound too appealing, I have to say that I wouldn't want it any other way.  I feel that this made us better problem solvers because if anyone was having an issue, they could share their screen and we all could debug as a class.
    Our instructor was very skilled at full-stack development.  He was very funny and kept the fast-paced learning light, which made it easier to grasp.  The admin staff, career services, and DiR's were also top-notch.  They were all very helpful and really cared about our education and our success.

Yes, this was drinking water from a fire hose.  But I feel that DigitalCrafts was the best choice for me.  I gained new skills and also many new friends.  I feel I was prepared for the workforce and can integrate into any area of development, including, Frontend, Backend, or Full-stack.  And if I can do it coming from a medical background, anyone can do it!

• Matthew Everett  User Photo
    Matthew Everett • Backend Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    DigitalCrafts has excellent instructors and covers all the necessary languages and tools to set you up for a job in software development. Multiple projects through the cohort allow you to work with others and build out your portfolio to use when applying for jobs. Career assistance happens for a few days and helps to polish your resume, portfolio, and LinkedIn profile. Great staff overall make being a part of the program an awesome experience.
    Response From: Jake of DigitalCrafts
    Title: CEO
    Friday, Nov 20 2020
    Congrats on landing a job as a back-end developer! We are excited about your new opportunity at FraudScope, and we look forward to seeing you grow from there. See you around in the alumni community!
  • David Carlisle  User Photo
    David Carlisle • Full Stack Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a great experience with DigitalCrafts, my instructor, and the Developers In Residence (DIR)! They provided the instruction, support, and structure that I needed in order for me to learn software development in a very short period of time. Without DigitalCrafts, my coding skills would be beginner at best, but now I can create full stack website applications. Most importantly, I learned the theories that are common throughout every programming language. Hence, I can now figure out and learn new programming languages by drawing from the basic foundation that DigitalCrafts helped me create. Not only does DigitalCrafts teach you how to code, but they teach and encourage you to learn to code on your own.
  • David Foster  User Photo
    David Foster • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Digital Crafts was recommended to me by an acquaintance who happens to be an executive at an IT staffing company. I had been looking to make a career change and get into the web development/IT for several years but didn't really know how to start the learning process. I come from a technical theater as well as a learning & development background and knew that having a classroom environment would be critical to my success. After looking at a few other options, I applied to DC. Their admissions process includes an "interview" (I don't know if anyone actually ever fails the interview since it felt more like an information session) with one of their staff. I met with Jake Hadden, one of the co-founders, so that was kind of cool. The second piece of the admissions process is a coding challenge. Now I'm going to be completely honest and say that this felt more like a challenge to find the best place to copy/paste the answers to the problems, but once in the class, I discovered that learning how to Google and find answers to your challenges is a big part of becoming a Developer. So I guess they are helping you down that road early, but it still felt weird. Once accepted, you select your cohort date from the available classes and are given prework to complete. Let me just sat, complete as much of the prework as you possibly can! Now, they do go over everything that the prework covers, but because the class moves so quickly, having a base knowledge prior to class really helps to keep you from getting too overwhelmed too quickly. But don't worry, you'll feel overwhelmed anyway!

I choose to start in March which ended up being when COVID-19 forced everyone to stay at home so my desired classroom would now be a virtual environment. As it turns out, my class ended up being the first to go completely virtual. Let me just say that although I was initially hesitant, the staff did an amazing job of pivoting to using video classes! Of course, we were the guinea pigs, but they, particularly our instructors and DIRs (more on that in a moment) did a fabulous job of providing a great experience in an everchanging environment. Utilizing Zoom with breakout rooms used for personal assistance outside of the main "classroom,"  there would be a lecture and demonstration that students would be able to personally follow along to. Then deeper exercises would be given for us to work on individually. If you hit a wall, the instructor or a DIR (Developer in Residence, basically teaching assistants who are previous students) will work with you individually to help you solve your issue.  Our instructor was Lachlan and he was/is amazingly skilled at his craft and if he doesn't know an answer, can find it pretty quickly and shows you his process for that as a learning experience. That's as it turns out what the whole class is about; it's not so much about learning a particular language, it's about learning to "think like a Developer" and teach yourself how to solve your problem. As the class went on, they were very receptive to feedback regarding how the class was going and things that would help. They even implemented some of our suggestions with the cohort that started while ours was getting toward its end.

The curriculum is intense and extremely fast-paced. Just know that you will feel like you are running away from a tsunami the entire class. You aren't alone. Give yourself some time after class to work on projects and utilize the resources of the DIRs and your instructor as much as possible. They want you to succeed and know you feel like you are barely treading water! Part of the curriculum is personal career prep with resume' writing and portfolio site creation help. In fact, you can't graduate until they see you have a workable set of resources to begin your job hunt.

They are holding all of their classes online now, and the experience is great. If you want a great school with a wonderful support staff, Digital Crafts is a great place to start your journey.
  • Would Recommend!
    - 8/6/2020
    Logan Blackstad  User Photo
    Logan Blackstad • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience at DigitalCrafts was everything I expected and more. I met go-getter collaborators in my cohort and obtained some great skills for a career change. I knew that I wanted to get into software development before starting the bootcamp and this program provided everyhting I needed to get the ball rolling. I am still currently looking for a job post-program. I would recommend the course to anyone who wants to learn to code and give it their all.
  • Nathan Orris  User Photo
    Nathan Orris • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I did a lot of research on different schools and coding bootcamps, I'm glad I settled with digitalcrafts. They are fully committed to assisting you along the journey of becoming a full stack developer and they do this in 16 weeks of coursework. The instructor is world-class the developers in residence wer wonderful and all the staff outside of the classroom we're beyond helpful. the amount of networking I have been able to do because of this school in such a short amount of time is unbelievable. I truly believe if you are around a campus you should definitely apply to go to the school, even if you aren't they offer it digitally. When I signed up it was for in-person Monday through Friday 9 to 5 however we all know the events going on in the world so that changed. With that said I am utterly amazed at their ability to structure a digital course out of what has always been in person with little to no notice at all. They pulled it off and I'm sure they had no planning for this I head of Time. Any school that can still deliver on their commitments after being thrown a blocker like that is a school worth going to.
  • Princeton  User Photo
    Princeton • Jr. Security Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    DC is one of the best decisions i've ever made. Everyone from the staff to the alumni is welcoming and helpful. Be ready to work hard from day one. This is not a cookie cutter tutorial. I am so glad I took this leap into tech it has changed my life.
  • K. Wiley  User Photo
    K. Wiley • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I enrolled in the DigitalCrafts Flex Program, I was a little apprehensive because I was new to coding and currently employed. I was worried about the time that would be needed to learn the DigitalCrafts coding curriculum. After signing up and starting the program, I soon realized that my instructors and the DigitalCrafts staff gave me so much support that it made going to school and keeping my job relatively easy. I'm now a recent grad of the DigitalCrafts program and I am looking forward to using my new skills in coding to start a software design career. Well worth it!

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 94% graduated. 75% of graduates were job-seeking and 80% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 133 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes include only students in the Full Stack Immersive program.

Note: Apprenticeships, internships and contract roles counted as a single pool. We do not collect data regarding short-term, part-time or freelance employment.