digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Augusta, Austin, Baton Rouge, Billings, Brooklyn, Charleston, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Durham, Fort Worth, Greensboro, Houston, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kennesaw, Manchester, Missoula, Nashville, Newark, New Orleans, New York City, Online, Phoenix, Raleigh, Richmond, San Antonio, Savannah, Seattle, Shreveport, St. Louis, Tampa, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts is an online and on-site school offering full-time and part-time software development bootcamps. Online classes are streamed in real time with live instruction creating a collaborative learning environment for all students. On-site campuses in Atlanta, Houston, Tampa, and Seattle are open to local students who wish to learn with on-site Teaching Assistants and a community of peers. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive learning experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts are their Electives, a variety of complimentary remote workshops and technical talks exclusively available to students and alumni as continuing education.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional software engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." Additionally, students receive resume, portfolio and interview guidance preparing each student for the job search upon graduation. The admissions process consists of an online application, coding exercise, and admissions meeting. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students. DigitalCrafts $1MM "You Belong in Tech" Scholarship Fund provides automatic scholarships to underrepresented people in tech.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.87

all (226) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (33) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, REST, SQL
    Start Date November 17, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    Finance tuition (including your deposit) with Sallie Mae. For more information on tuition click here.
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, setup a payment plan, or finance tuition through Sallie Mae.
    Refund / GuaranteeSecure your seat early for additional discounts.
    ScholarshipWomen will automatically receive a scholarship to attend our Immersive or Flex programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    November 17, 2020 - Tampa
    December 8, 2020 - Online
    November 17, 2020 - Seattle
    November 17, 2020 - Atlanta
    December 8, 2020 - Atlanta
  • DigitalCrafts Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, SQL, Python
    Start Date November 9, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Tampa
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront, finance tuition through Sallie Mae, or enroll in an income share agreement.
    November 9, 2020 - Atlanta
    December 7, 2020 - Atlanta
    November 9, 2020 - Tampa
    December 7, 2020 - Tampa
    November 9, 2020 - Houston
    December 7, 2020 - Houston
    December 7, 2020 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    Start Date November 17, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    Delivered live online, the 26-Week Online Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Online Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place Tuesday & Thursday evening and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Our curriculum is proven and our alumni have gone on to work for companies like LinkedIn, Slack, Facebook, Home Depot, Cox Communications, New York Times, and more.
    Deposit$250 (deposit eligible for financing)
    November 17, 2020 - Online
    December 8, 2020 - Online
  • DigitalCrafts Online Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

Start Date November 9, 2020
    LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    Delivered live online, this 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    Deposit$250 (eligible for financing)
    Tuition PlansStudents may pay upfront or finance tuition through Sallie Mae
    November 9, 2020 - Online
    December 7, 2020 - Online
  • Enterprise Training & Workshops

LocationHouston, Atlanta, Online, Seattle, Tampa
    DigitalCrafts designs, builds, and executes custom enterprise training and workshops for select clients and individuals across the globe. These custom programs are built from scratch based on our client's needs which can vary across software engineering, mobile development, automated testing, and DevOps. These courses are not open to the general public and are only reserved for full-time employees of our clients. DigitalCrafts has executed software development training programs for clients like Microsoft, ExxonMobil, Capgemini, and Chick-fil-A to name a few.
    DepositNot applicable
    Not applicable
    Tuition PlansEmail hello@digitalcrafts.com for to schedule a call.
    Refund / GuaranteeNot applicable
    ScholarshipNot applicable
  • Kelly Benson  User Photo
    Kelly Benson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Attending DigitalCrafts was one of the best decisions I ever made for myself. I felt stuck in my prior career and decided to make the leap into web development. I didn't know much about programming before I started (some free online courses here and there) and now I feel comfortable with the foundation and skills I gained over the last 4 months to jump into new technologies on my own and keep learning.

This was definitely one of the most challenging things that I have ever done. Completing an intensive 4 month long bootcamp is in no way easy and you get out of it what you put in. DigitalCrafts has a number of instructors and teacher assistants who are there to help when you get stuck can't figure out a problem on your own. The staff really want to see you succeed and are willing to help in any way they can.

If you are thinking about making the leap there's no time like the present and you won't be disappointed with the quality of the program or instructors at DigitalCrafts!

• Joshua Fitzgerald  User Photo
    Joshua Fitzgerald • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had a great instructor during my cohort who pushed myself and my classmates to raise the bar each project. There were times I was frustrated for multiple days on the same bug or issue, but my instructor, TAs, and classmates would not let me fail. I really feel I got the skills needed to succeed as a web developer, and I learned how to learn and teach myself new things in software development. I learned so much, and I made great friends along the way!

• Ollie Vargas  User Photo
    Ollie Vargas • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

This bootcamp has high integrity! They work so hard to make sure you understand what youre being taught and how to apply it properly. I had Veronica Lino as teacher and couldnt have been happier. She's the best! I had absolute zero experience with coding when entering this class. The environment was relaxed and it made things easier to be around people that all had similar goals.

They quickly become your away from home family and are quick to help with any issue you may have. The languages taught here are in direct correlation of what the market needs when it comes to the I.T. field. I never thought i would ever be able to sit just down and build something from scratch on my computer using code! This bootcamp made the whole I.T. industry look brand new to me and realize how much more can be taken from it. $ :) In the end we all want to live comfortably and be great providers for oursleves and our family. This is by far one of the best investments i've ever made! Thank You DC!!! Class 419!!!!

• Pierson  User Photo
    Pierson • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before this course I had never written a line of code in my life. I quit my job to try and become a developer in only 16 weeks. Most people would consider me crazy and at times throughout the course, I’d think they might be right. Learning a new discipline is never easy, but DigitalCrafts gave me the confidence to tackle anything new, coding or otherwise. If a former marketer and designer can learn to code than anyone can and I truly believe my journey wouldn’t have been possible without the curriculum and people at DigitalCrafts. They recognize that you’re making a big career shift and the main focus of the course is to prepare you for a job as a developer. If you have the chance, take this course. You will not regret the decision.

• Awesome!
    - 8/7/2019
    Liz Aitken  User Photo
    Liz Aitken • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

My experience at DigitalCrafts was fantastic! Personally, I had about zero experience before entering the course with the exception of the pre-work and a couple codecademy courses and half an Udemy course. That being said, I learned a whole lot at my time here. Sean was my instructor and he was awesome. He was engaging and knowledgable and I think it helped that he had real world experience as a developer. The course is a lot of work. I got to school around 6:30am and stayed til about 7pm almost every day and then put in work after that. That being said, that was me. However, I do know that to be successful in this course (unless you are just a genius that can pick up new material if you are introduced to it once), you will need to put in the hours and the work. I think DC does a great job of facilitating the learning process and introducing you to the material, but they can't do everything for you. So be prepared to work. I think they do a decent job with the job prep, but I think one of the most beneficial things is the network that comes with the course. Definitely utilize that. Anyway, do your research, see if you enjoy coding, and reach out to alumni to get more info. LinkedIn is a great for that. Also, want to add that DC keeps up with what the market is looking for as far as skills. I know they have a very talented developer creating new course work constantly.

• Eli  User Photo
    Eli • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I can honestly say that this was one of the better decisions of my life.

At first I was really reluctant and scared that I would not be able to succeed in this program but the instructor I had, Sean, was honestly great. Being his first time as an instructor we were both learning together and I was honestly amazed how fast he could learn things that he didn't know and teach those things to us right away. If you have any questions I can honestly say that he most likely has the answer (or knows how to google for the answer). If you ever find yourself falling behind he also takes extra time to make sure you are where you should be. I have learned a lot in these past 16 weeks and I do not regret applying for this program.

• Rebecca Uranga  User Photo
    Rebecca Uranga • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

If you're looking for a career change or a way to learn valuable kills, a coding bootcamp is definitely worth it. Deciding which one you want to attend takes a lot of research, so I wanted to share my experience at DigitalCrafts, what made it stand out from the others, and why I’d recommend them.

Atlanta Tech Village – One advantage that DigitalCrafts has over other bootcamps is their location. Buckhead is relatively easy to get to and the building itself is modern and really nice. Plus, you’ll have so many opportunities to network with people in the building and attend events that the ATV hosts. *Note: Parking at the ATV is $92/month (not included in your tuition). However, if you are taking MARTA, there’s a super convenient stop super close by.

Instructor/DIRs - I had Chris Aquino who was a fantastic instructor. He was personable, funny, encouraging, engaging, and extremely patient. He broke down concepts so well for beginners so it could all make sense. Plus, the Developers in Residence were all extremely nice, encouraging, and willing to help (and we had a bunch in our cohort because they kept getting hired!) *Note: It's is 100% you get out what you put in. Assignments (besides the 3-4 major projects) are not required. It can be easy to slack off and not finish mini projects or tasks. It sometimes feels very hands-off which makes you wonder why you're spending so much money to learn lol. But also beneficial because you wouldn’t learn as quickly if it was too much hand-holding.

Course material – Now that I am in the workforce, I can see that not only did we cover relevant technologies, but we also learned really up-to-date tips and tricks as well to make your development more efficient. Plus, when I was researching bootcamps, I had someone currently in the industry help look over syllabuses and he was most impressed with DigitalCrafts’ course material.

New job, new you - Being able to finish at DigitalCrafts not only teaches you a solid foundation of skills in order to get hired, but the experience helps to show how committed you are and that you can learn easily. It also gives you a new-found confidence that taking risks is worth it and you really can achieve anything you set your mind to. My biggest piece of advice for getting a job is to start applying early and applying often. *Note: Job assistance was helpful but sometimes it took a while to receive feedback and it could be a little vague. But you can submit your resume/portfolio as many times as you need to.

Environment – The class is made up of all different types of people from different backgrounds. It was stressful and hard but still super fun and enjoyable. Between some great class members and an encouraging staff, it was a fun and rewarding environment to be in. I would have loved for more women to have been in the class, but I know we'll get there eventually! (Women get an automatic scholarship, btw!)

Overall, it was a great experience that helped me change my life for the better. It wasn’t perfect but it was WELL worth the investment! I hope this was helpful! Feel free to reach out to me on LinkedIn if you want to pick my brain some more. :)

• Awesome!!!!
    - 7/31/2019
    Jordan Mateen  User Photo
    Jordan Mateen • Fullstack Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Digtial Crafts is probaly one of the best investments I have made for my career.  The curriculumn and the skills that are taught within this program are exactly what hiring managers in the industry is looking for. If you are looking to up your game in this industry. I highly recommend Gigital Crafts. You will be coding from day one to day none. Code. Code. Code. Code. Code, and more Coding.  You will lbe equipped with everyting that involves full stack developement. You dont know what a server is, great. If youve never written a line of code before, even better. Anyone can learn to code. Especially here! The best part about it is the instructors are seasoned vets. Not only do they know their stuff while they are teaching you they also emphasize on how to apporach the problem. Providing excellent one on one help when you need it they are able to provide the appropriate documentation for any further assistance. If you are looking learn to "Build the Web" Digital Crafts has a seat with your name one it.

• Alumni
    - 7/16/2019
    Chastity Duhaney  User Photo
    Chastity Duhaney • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I attended DigitalCrafts coding bootcamp Feb 2019 cohort. Chris Aquino is the best instructor I could have ever asked for. He gave me the confidence that I needed in order to be successful in the bootcamp. It was hard being a single mom with 2 kids going to school Mon-Fri 9-4. Although it was one of the hardest things I have ever done it was also the most rewarding. Having the proper instuctor I think is a huge part of learning. The school in itself was pretty good with the resources and things that were offered to me and the other students. I think sometimes things are misleading when they are not explained in detail at the begining of the course. I enjoyed DigitalCrafts bootcamp solely becuase of Chris. Do you research before investing in any bootcamp. But if your willing to put in the work the pay off in the end will be worth it.

• LWang  User Photo
    LWang • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I graduated from the second part-time flex cohort with DC Full-stack web development in April 2019 and just landed a job with a decent salary and great benefits. One year ago, I was here nervously reading people's reviews. Now I would like to share my experience and answer the questions I once had.

Conclusion first: I highly recommend DigitalCrafts Bootcamp for professionals who want to transit into a career in software development. DC saves your time dramatically and equips you with the skills to continue to learn on your own.

Q: Is it necessary to go to a boot camp to get a junior dev job? Why did I enroll anyway?

A: I asked DC campus director Jason and advisor Christine this question a year ago. With great integrity, they gave me a firm answer - "no". In fact, one of my classmates got a job in the second week, the other in the second month. It has more to do with their previous background and network. Whatever taught at the Bootcamp is also accessible through other online courses ( check Colt Steele's course on Udemy). Jason and Christine told me to go to networks and build connections.

I spent 9 months learning on Coursera and Udemy while working a fulltime job. I learned HTML, CSS, and basic python. But I got confused with syntax errors from time to time, which blocked my progress significantly. I didn't know how to debug, either. Moreover, there are so many sources out there. I simply couldn't figure out whether something is necessary, what content is good material, and when to stop. For instance, to understand "why" and "how", I do need to know how certain things work in the lower level. To explain that, there are terms that I don't understand. Next, I am reading another article to understand what is that term. I just don't know when to stop the loop. An instructor can articulate those concepts in a few sentences, not in the most precise way, but good enough for me to carry on and focus on what I intend to learn. Trying to map out everything on my own was simply not efficient. I wanted a good structure to follow through to cover the fundamentals, practice the skills through hands-on experience, and needed immediate tips when I got stuck, so I decided to go to DC.

What I did not realize at the time was that I also get the chance to work with amazing people from different background. In my cohort, we even had product managers and scrum masters. Team projects were full of great ideas addressing real-world issues.  Also, we formed very supportive connections by going through the same journey.

Q: How is the curriculum? Why not five stars?

A: DC has a very solid curriculum with progressive challenges. The focus in the first month was JS, HTML, and CSS. The instructors, Chris and Amanda, did a superb job introducing the syntax and clarifying basic data concept in a way that beginners can understand. The front end curriculum is very solid. For backend, we simply didn't have enough time. There is a trade-off between lecturing and coding in class time. We cover the most important concepts, especially what is going on the lower level, in the lectures and did some practice. But we didn't get to go through a full example that shows how to connect all of them together. It didn't bother me too much. I had much better judgment myself at that point, so I just followed an online course practice, modified and further integrated the example. React is at the end. We had enough time to practice React + Redux on front end projects again. Also, by that stage, we were supposed to be comfortable to teach ourselves.

TBH, to get a job, these skills are not enough. One cannot stop learning and coding after the bootcamp. My interview frequently covers React Hooks, unit testing, webpack, WebSockets, web assembly, PWA, HTTP protocols topics, most of which I usually first heard of the concept through another failed interview, then dig in more through online tutorials.

Q: How is the job market? How helpful is DC?

A: I applied actively for positions in Houston, San Antonio, and Austin for three months. My background is not tech or STEM-related, although I do have a degree from a top university.

In Houston, I had a fairly good chance of getting a few rounds of interview for entry-level positions. I recently attended a career event in Austin, where 1/4 of the companies showed interests in me, but I think Austin companies tend to have higher expectations than Houston. SA is still a myth. I applied to many SA positions through LinkedIn. Never heard back. I think Houston has the strongest demand for junior devs among the three. Houston has a strong demand for Angular and .Net engineer in the traditional industry.

Looking for a job is like a full-time job itself. I do 99% of the work, but I know DC is out there whenever I need help. DC's career service is helpful, as they help me polish and review my resume, portfolio, GitHub and etc. After I failed my interview, I give my career advisor a call to review which part might have gone wrong and what can be learned from it. Jake and Jason are both resourceful and gave me lots of constructive advice. DC even send out direct reference to companies that have previously had positive experience hiring DC alumni.

My suggestions on job search:

Do not start the job search too early. When you are in the bootcamp, focus on the course work and build a strong portfolio. My story: When the bootcamp was halfway through, I spoke to a company in a career fair. They expressed interest in me and said would love to schedule a phone call. After they checked my portfolio, they NEVER called.

Make sure you put enough time in both job search and code challenges. Quit, if necessary. (You are about to get a new job anyway.) Try to further implement the portfolio projects and learn how to solve new issues. Always throw the best work in any code challenge/practice the employer sends. Remember, you are competing with immersive program graduates who are fully dedicated. I received my offer four weeks after I quit. And I believe more offers are on the way. :D

• Chris Trauco  User Photo
    Chris Trauco • IT Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I first looked at code schools, AKA boot camps, six years, but they had not evolved to the point where they are today. After six years in tech/IT, I was accepted into DC the day before the November 2018 cohort started, but did not have enough time to get my financials in order, so I made the decision to start in February 2019. During the long four-month wait I was accepted into 2 other ATL-based code schools that were starting between November and December of 2018, but I never enrolled because each felt more like a factory assembly line turning out 'software engineers' than an actual school.

I am more than happy with my DigitalCrafts experience, they do everything in their power to help you succeed. There were times I felt overwhelmed with the material we were covering, but once I took a step back, I realized I had the resources I needed to make it.

By far, the most critical resource DC offers is the DIRs(Developers-in-Residence) that saved me countless times throughout the program. Clare, April, Stan, Lauren, and Greg were my cohorts DIRs, and I owe them a huge thanks a million times over. The DIRs were essential in helping me understand TDD and debugging, the two coding processes I struggled with the most. The one-on-one tutoring/coaching sessions with the DIRs, that often lasted several hours at a time, is the reason I succeeded at DC.

• Jonathan R  User Photo
    Jonathan R • Graduate Verified via GitHub

DigitalCrafts is much more than a coding bootcamp. It is a team, a family, and a force. The instructors and staff are invested in your success. The Immersive program option was nothing short of transformative. At the end of the four month course, I was shocked at my comfort and proficiency with the code as well as the level of support for chasing down my own passions and creativity in the form of employment-preparing projects. Every day, for 16 weeks, I coded, learned, and explored each layer of the stack, gaining confidence along the way that allowed me to enter the job market for this new career, certain that I belonged.

DigitalCrafts Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 94% graduated. 75% of graduates were job-seeking and 80% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 133 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Outcomes include only students in the Full Stack Immersive program.

Note: Apprenticeships, internships and contract roles counted as a single pool. We do not collect data regarding short-term, part-time or freelance employment.