wild-code-school-logo

Wild Code School

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Lille, Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Nantes, Paris

Wild Code School

Wild Code School is a 5-month, European training program teaching in-demand digital skills through a blended learning approach. Wild Code School was created to train digital professionals to adapt to the changing work environment. The teaching style uses a combination of e-learning, in-class training, and hands-on projects where students master agile project management methods and other collaborative tools. Students are taught web development languages and application frameworks that vary from program to program. For example: PHP/Symfony, JavaScript, AngularJS, Vue.js, React or Java and Android.

Wild Code School is open to everyone, regardless of previous academic achievements and prior computer skills. Individuals interested in joining the program must first complete a series of exercises on the school’s online platform, Odyssey. These exercises are meant to give applicants a better idea about what the job of web development entails. Once the exercises are completed, applicants will be invited onto the campus where they will discover the school's teaching approach over drinks and food. They will be able to ask questions to the staff as well as current students. The final step is an interview.

To help ensure job placement for their students, Wild Code School provides customized support. Students will be able to interview with partner companies, get HR advice, and partake in job “dating sessions.” 87% of Wild Code School graduates are employed one year after graduation.

Recent Wild Code School Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (73) reviews for Wild Code School →

Recent Wild Code School News

• Web development

LocationLisbon, Madrid, Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Berlin, Lille, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Nantes
    We have designed an extremely effective training program that allows you to acquire the maximum number of skills in the shortest time possible. We can achieve such efficiency with the use of digital tools in learning, project-based pedagogy and personalised support from our trainers.
  • Camille • Applicant

I've just successfully passed the application challenge and interviews for the WCS in Berlin. I've already learned a lot during this process and I'll learn even more during the next months. The staff (Tim, Alexis, Lucie) is very supportive, passionate and committed in their mission to help us becoming Web Developers. The first promotion starts in March 2019, can't wait!

Thursday, Feb 28 2019
    Hi Camillie, We are happy to have you on board in Berlin. :-)
  • Anastasiya • Applicant

I'm totally satisfied with the approach Wild School uses.

1. Applying process. To apply for training applicant should complete a task. It's basically about getting familiar with basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript and creating a small website. The school has its own user-friendly learning platform, where you do the task and the platform guides you through the applying process. I found this requirement very reasonable, because during task execution applicant can understand whether he/she likes programming or not and if he/she is willing to study hard. Well, the task is fascinating, as soon as I started to work on it, I could not stop.
    2. Learning approach. Also, I visited Wild School Introduction event, where we were told about the training program, teaching approach, schedule, working conditions and simply got to know each other. The training rooms are very comfortable and working environment is very positive. Wild School uses the “blended learning” approach, which is the exact opposite of boring school lessons. And in general, the process will be as close as possible to real working conditions: with agile methodology, daily meetings, deadlines and etc. They prepare us for real life and real working conditions. In addition to technical knowledge, during the training, attention will also be paid to the soft skills development. Every week a speaker will come to us. We will also have to work in a team and on real project for the customer.
    3. Technologies. Another huge advantage is the adaptation of the curriculum to local needs. For example, in Berlin campus we will focus on JavaScript and ReactJS, actually one of the most popular technologies on the labor market.
    4. People. Tim (campus manager in Berlin) is a very friendly and helpful person. He's always ready to support you and answer all your questions. And don't be afraid of technical interview, it is necessary to see what is your thought process and how do you perceive new information.

I can't wait to start our classes!
    Wednesday, Feb 27 2019
    Dear Anastasiya, Thank you so much for the kind words. We can not wait having you at our campus. We are excited to work with you. :-)
  • Victoria Lisa Rocha Graça • Applicant

Wild Code School has been an excellent experience for me personally. From my very first phone call, Ana- Sofia has really made my experience feel wonderful. She was clear in her instruction and helpful throughout our interactions. The scholarship application itself was based on a three phase process namely-Online exercises, a final assignment and two interviews both technical and motivational. I didn’t know exactly what to expect with the technical interview, but stuck to the brief given to me. I was pleasantly surprised with Alexis, who was very professional ,friendly, and very thoughtful which I appreciated, as emotionally I was extremely nervous . Through out our interview I was professionally guided, and I was also given helpful and positive feedback. The following day, I had my motivational interview with Ana where she asked me questions about my formative background. She also explained in detail how the school works, the courses etc. I finally expressed to Ana that as a creative individual, I am amazed at how inputing code can allow something so beautiful to be created. For me this is the meaning of Art..it all starts with an opportunity..Thank you Victoria.

Response From: Ana Martins of Wild Code School
    Tuesday, Mar 05 2019
    Hello Victoria. You're a perfect fit for our school and class. Thank you for the energy

• Ana Moreira • Journalist • Applicant

I was looking for new challeges for my professional life when I heard that Wild Code School was about to open a new campus in Lisbon and was going to offer scholarships to 5 women. I saw an opportunity there and I dived right in the applications tasks. I did the exercises, the online code classes, a motivational interview with Ana, the Lisbon campus manager, and a technical interview with Alexis. I went also to a meeting with Ana and other applicants to get to know better the school, the course and to see if it would be something good for my future and a good fit for my goals. I am excited to know the campus and to start this new adventure with the precious help of the staff at Wild Code School Lisbon.

Response From: Ana Martins of Wild Code School
    Tuesday, Mar 05 2019

Hello Ana. You were one of our first students and you are a perfect fit for our culture. We know you'll do great!
  • Alena

I got to know Wild Code School in Madrid and it was an excellent experience! The selection process is 3 steps. (Online exercises, and two interviews: technical and motivational).
    I was very excited, but also a little nervous, I thought I was not able to do something like that, but throughout the process you are guided and is very fast. After completing an online challange I was contacted by Maria (campus manager in Madrid) to invite me to the motivational interview.
    Maria is very kind and professional, she explained in detail how the school works, the course, how  to became one of the Wilders :)
    I did the technical interview with Alexis via Skype. He gave me feedback about my code in the project, we did a programming exercise together. I had a great time and learned a lot!
    That's how I became a student at Wild Code School in Madrid!

Response From: Maria of Wild Code School
    Wednesday, Feb 27 2019
    Thanks Alena for your review! I'm sure you will make the most of your training with us. We see a lot of potential in you. I'll see you very soon for the kick-off!
  • DK • Applicant

I visited Berlin campus on opening meetup and I got a good understanding of the course curriculum from the presentation by campus manager Tim. It led me to apply to web development course in Berlin campus and It was great fun to complete exercises on its online platform. After submit the project, I have the motivational and technical interviews. Both interviewers were very welcoming and friendly and I got a code review about my project from the instructor. I was very impressed by the application system. I'm looking forward to joining!

Friday, Feb 15 2019
    Thank you for the super warm message. We are all looking forward having you at our campus. :-)
    I would like to thank the whole Wild Code School community for what they are teaching us. It's not only about coding, but it's about soft skills and about problem solving as well. I am very impressed of how quick i grew only by following the campus manager and the instructor's advices, and I would totally recommend this school to anyone that wants to jump into coding. Last but not least, recruiters are contacting me and telling me that the stack i learn is really good, and i'm not even done with the bootcamp yet
  • Anonymous • Data Analyst • Student
    Je termine ma formation dans quelques jours.
    Le démarrage est intense, il faut s'investir dès le début pour acquérir les bases et les automatismes d'apprentissage. Sur la fin ça va mieux, ouf !
    Nous travaillons en équipe sur des projets ce qui permet de mettre en pratique les apprentissages mais pas que, on acquiert des compétences indispensables en entreprise : le travail d'équipe, l'échange, la présentation régulière face à une audience.
    Tout ça en 5 mois, alors on sert les dents mais  à la fin on est fière d'avoir fait le choix de cette formation.
    De plus les perspectives d'emploi sont là !
    Niveau ambiance c'est détendu, en chaussettes, beaucoup de bienveillance et une campus manager au top !
    As many wilders, I have worked several years in another market prior choosing to become a dev.
    Wild Code School has been a perfect fit for me in this context: Highly intensive, user-friendly content, team-spirit and, most important, agile methods as  a daily routing.
    The Odyssey platform - source of learning content - is a true value -added : highly relevant content and available without any time limitation.

I have no problem finding an internship and I am now learning Angular after my school course in React.
  • Anonymous • Applicant
    I've had a great experience so far with Wide Code School. The application process went smoothly - it was slightly challenging so that they can make sure you are ready for taking this step. It is also a great way to test yourself and your knowledge and see if you are really ready to change your career. The tech interview went great and I want to thank Alexis for being so patient and kind with me. Carolina was also super helpful throughout the process and she is super nice and passionate about what she does. She did a great job organising the course and picked a great location for the classes. Can't wait to start!
  • Very excited!
    - 2/19/2019
    Anonymous • Applicant

I am so happy I got a spot in the upcoming course in Berlin. The school campus and curriculum make the impression that they are very professional, well organized and experienced. The campus is a very big former office and I felt very comfortable there.

I was excited when I heard that we will even learn React, which is a great preparation for the job market. I am looking forward very much to work with real companies on their projects. I think this kind of experience will make it easy to form useful connections and find a job after the course.

Tuesday, Feb 19 2019
    We are also looking forward to have you at our Berlin campus!