wild-code-school-logo

Wild Code School

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Bucharest, Budapest, Dublin, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Marseille, Milan, Paris

Wild Code School

Wild Code School is a 5-month, European training program teaching in-demand digital skills through a blended learning approach. Wild Code School was created to train digital professionals to adapt to the changing work environment. The teaching style uses a combination of e-learning, in-class training, and hands-on projects where students master agile project management methods and other collaborative tools. Students are taught web development languages and application frameworks that vary from program to program. For example: PHP/Symfony, JavaScript, AngularJS, Vue.js, React or Java and Android.

Wild Code School is open to everyone, regardless of previous academic achievements and prior computer skills. Individuals interested in joining the program must first complete a series of exercises on the school’s online platform, Odyssey. These exercises are meant to give applicants a better idea about what the job of web development entails. Once the exercises are completed, applicants will be invited onto the campus where they will discover the school's teaching approach over drinks and food. They will be able to ask questions to the staff as well as current students. The final step is an interview.

To help ensure job placement for their students, Wild Code School provides customized support. Students will be able to interview with partner companies, get HR advice, and partake in job “dating sessions.” 87% of Wild Code School graduates are employed one year after graduation.

Recent Wild Code School Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (15) reviews for Wild Code School →

Recent Wild Code School News

• Ashley Mikkola  User Photo
      Ashley Mikkola • Translation Project Manager • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

I've just been admitted into the Wild Code School program in London and I must say the admissions process was really smooth! Carolina was a dream, and she radiates positivity. The admissions exercises were difficult, but not too difficult, and the motivational and technical interviews were easy to schedule in and complete. I spoke to Alexis during the technical interview and he was very kind and patient. I haven't started the classes yet, but I can't wait to get started!

• Sofia Rocha  User Photo
      Sofia Rocha • Civil Engineer • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

Few months ago I decided that was the rigth time to make a change in my career, I started doing some workshops in the tech area and immediately love it, so I decided that I want to engade in a bootcamp. From my research one that got more my attention was the Wild Code School. I got in touch with Ana, the Lisbon campus manager, which explained me more about the school, one of the things that motivated me the most was the fact that we'll have a final project for a real company. After that the process was really fast.. I just have to follow the applications steps: online code class, the challenge exercise, the technical interview with Alexis and the motivational one with Ana.

I'm looking forward that the adventure begins.

Tuesday, Mar 05 2019
      Hello Sofia. We know you will love studying with us and our projects with companies are demanding but rewarding!

• Lavinia Dragunoi • Android Developer • Student

Great community that gives motivation, great curricula and amazing support from both trainer(Matthias) and campus manager(Irina). Always ready to advise and support you whenever you feel like you'll never make it.
      The learning material is well structured and goes through a vast list of technologies that give a great start.

Response From: Irina @ Wild Code School Bucharest of Wild Code School
      Monday, Jul 29 2019
      Thank you, Lavinia! We hope you enjoy your time studying as much as we enjoy having you onboard :)
    • radu cornelia • Student

This boot camp was one of my best decision. I met experienced people with the willingness to share their knowledge. But more than that, the environment and methodology are something amazing.

Response From: Irina @ Wild Code School Bucharest of Wild Code School
      Tuesday, Jul 02 2019
      Thank you for your super kind words, Cornelia! We are happy to hear you are enjoying the course and our methodology.
      Keep up the excellent work!
    • Ana Rita • Marketing Manager • Student

I'm going to upgrade my career in marketing and as a project manager it's crucial to find out about javascript. I will take the course in 10 months as part-time, after going to visit the school in Lisbon and realize the level of the current students. I am very happy to find a school that will allow it.

• Maria del Carmen • Student

For those of us looking to make a change in our career, this course is perfect. In only 5 months you end up with the necessary skills to find a job in an industry where unemployment seems to be non-existent. From the beginning, you will be working with a company on a real-life project.

The school's approach is basically based on 'learn by doing', which I love. They will teach you the theory, but that comes after.

Response From: María of Wild Code School
      Tuesday, Mar 05 2019
      Hi Maria del Carmen! We really appreciate your comments! See you very soon.
    • Camille • Applicant

I've just successfully passed the application challenge and interviews for the WCS in Berlin. I've already learned a lot during this process and I'll learn even more during the next months. The staff (Tim, Alexis, Lucie) is very supportive, passionate and committed in their mission to help us becoming Web Developers. The first promotion starts in March 2019, can't wait!

Thursday, Feb 28 2019
      Hi Camillie, We are happy to have you on board in Berlin. :-)
    • Anastasiya • Applicant

I'm totally satisfied with the approach Wild School uses.

1. Applying process. To apply for training applicant should complete a task. It's basically about getting familiar with basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript and creating a small website. The school has its own user-friendly learning platform, where you do the task and the platform guides you through the applying process. I found this requirement very reasonable, because during task execution applicant can understand whether he/she likes programming or not and if he/she is willing to study hard. Well, the task is fascinating, as soon as I started to work on it, I could not stop.
      2. Learning approach. Also, I visited Wild School Introduction event, where we were told about the training program, teaching approach, schedule, working conditions and simply got to know each other. The training rooms are very comfortable and working environment is very positive. Wild School uses the “blended learning” approach, which is the exact opposite of boring school lessons. And in general, the process will be as close as possible to real working conditions: with agile methodology, daily meetings, deadlines and etc. They prepare us for real life and real working conditions. In addition to technical knowledge, during the training, attention will also be paid to the soft skills development. Every week a speaker will come to us. We will also have to work in a team and on real project for the customer.
      3. Technologies. Another huge advantage is the adaptation of the curriculum to local needs. For example, in Berlin campus we will focus on JavaScript and ReactJS, actually one of the most popular technologies on the labor market.
      4. People. Tim (campus manager in Berlin) is a very friendly and helpful person. He's always ready to support you and answer all your questions. And don't be afraid of technical interview, it is necessary to see what is your thought process and how do you perceive new information.

I can't wait to start our classes!
      Wednesday, Feb 27 2019
      Dear Anastasiya, Thank you so much for the kind words. We can not wait having you at our campus. We are excited to work with you. :-)
    • Victoria Lisa Rocha Graça • Applicant

Wild Code School has been an excellent experience for me personally. From my very first phone call, Ana- Sofia has really made my experience feel wonderful. She was clear in her instruction and helpful throughout our interactions. The scholarship application itself was based on a three phase process namely-Online exercises, a final assignment and two interviews both technical and motivational. I didn’t know exactly what to expect with the technical interview, but stuck to the brief given to me. I was pleasantly surprised with Alexis, who was very professional ,friendly, and very thoughtful which I appreciated, as emotionally I was extremely nervous . Through out our interview I was professionally guided, and I was also given helpful and positive feedback. The following day, I had my motivational interview with Ana where she asked me questions about my formative background. She also explained in detail how the school works, the courses etc. I finally expressed to Ana that as a creative individual, I am amazed at how inputing code can allow something so beautiful to be created. For me this is the meaning of Art..it all starts with an opportunity..Thank you Victoria.

Tuesday, Mar 05 2019
      Hello Victoria. You're a perfect fit for our school and class. Thank you for the energy

• Ana Moreira • Journalist • Applicant

I was looking for new challeges for my professional life when I heard that Wild Code School was about to open a new campus in Lisbon and was going to offer scholarships to 5 women. I saw an opportunity there and I dived right in the applications tasks. I did the exercises, the online code classes, a motivational interview with Ana, the Lisbon campus manager, and a technical interview with Alexis. I went also to a meeting with Ana and other applicants to get to know better the school, the course and to see if it would be something good for my future and a good fit for my goals. I am excited to know the campus and to start this new adventure with the precious help of the staff at Wild Code School Lisbon.

Tuesday, Mar 05 2019

Hello Ana. You were one of our first students and you are a perfect fit for our culture. We know you'll do great!
    • Alena

I got to know Wild Code School in Madrid and it was an excellent experience! The selection process is 3 steps. (Online exercises, and two interviews: technical and motivational).
      I was very excited, but also a little nervous, I thought I was not able to do something like that, but throughout the process you are guided and is very fast. After completing an online challange I was contacted by Maria (campus manager in Madrid) to invite me to the motivational interview.
      Maria is very kind and professional, she explained in detail how the school works, the course, how  to became one of the Wilders :)
      I did the technical interview with Alexis via Skype. He gave me feedback about my code in the project, we did a programming exercise together. I had a great time and learned a lot!
      That's how I became a student at Wild Code School in Madrid!

Response From: Maria of Wild Code School
      Wednesday, Feb 27 2019
      Thanks Alena for your review! I'm sure you will make the most of your training with us. We see a lot of potential in you. I'll see you very soon for the kick-off!
    • DK • Applicant

I visited Berlin campus on opening meetup and I got a good understanding of the course curriculum from the presentation by campus manager Tim. It led me to apply to web development course in Berlin campus and It was great fun to complete exercises on its online platform. After submit the project, I have the motivational and technical interviews. Both interviewers were very welcoming and friendly and I got a code review about my project from the instructor. I was very impressed by the application system. I'm looking forward to joining!

Friday, Feb 15 2019
      Thank you for the super warm message. We are all looking forward having you at our campus. :-)
    • Anonymous • Applicant
      I've had a great experience so far with Wide Code School. The application process went smoothly - it was slightly challenging so that they can make sure you are ready for taking this step. It is also a great way to test yourself and your knowledge and see if you are really ready to change your career. The tech interview went great and I want to thank Alexis for being so patient and kind with me. Carolina was also super helpful throughout the process and she is super nice and passionate about what she does. She did a great job organising the course and picked a great location for the classes. Can't wait to start!
    • Very excited!
      - 2/19/2019
      Anonymous • Applicant

I am so happy I got a spot in the upcoming course in Berlin. The school campus and curriculum make the impression that they are very professional, well organized and experienced. The campus is a very big former office and I felt very comfortable there.

I was excited when I heard that we will even learn React, which is a great preparation for the job market. I am looking forward very much to work with real companies on their projects. I think this kind of experience will make it easy to form useful connections and find a job after the course.

Tuesday, Feb 19 2019
      We are also looking forward to have you at our Berlin campus!
    • Anonymous • Applicant

Wild Code School Berlin is empowering, relevant and the team working here are incredibly helpful. After looking through different schools and approaches to entering the tech industry I was struck by Wild Code Schools curriculum and authentic approach to learning. Throughout the whole application process, they replied within hours answering all my questions and supported me through each of the different stages. Stage one was completing different modules and a website online through their online platform. I felt this was a clever way to show who they really are and gave me a great idea of what the course would be like. Then I had two interviews, one with the Berlin manager Tim where we talked about my passions, Wild Code Schools passions and the idea of the course came to light. I really like that our final project will be a real project with a Berlin company. Also every week someone from the industry will present a talk on campus and answer our questions. The technical interview I showed me how I could be taught and gave me great feedback as we went through the different questions. I learnt a lot in 30 minutes I can only imagine 5 months. Once seeing the campus I also learned they tailored the course to each city to students are relevant to each city's different needs so we are job ready on graduation. The school is also awarding scholarships to females as part of their Berlin launch. They are addressing a huge problem within their industry head on giving 5 of us ladies a leg up towards our dream careers and also diversity. Can't wait to join the Wild community in March, and start the journey.

Tuesday, Feb 19 2019
      Thank you so much for your very insightful feedback. We also enjoyed the application process with you!