Wild Code School
Wild Code School is open to everyone, regardless of previous academic achievements and prior computer skills. Individuals interested in joining the program must first complete a series of exercises on the school’s online platform, Odyssey. These exercises are meant to give applicants a better idea about what the job of web development entails. Once the exercises are completed, applicants will be invited onto the campus where they will discover the school's teaching approach over drinks and food. They will be able to ask questions to the staff as well as current students. The final step is an interview.
To help ensure job placement for their students, Wild Code School provides customized support. Students will be able to interview with partner companies, get HR advice, and partake in job “dating sessions.” 87% of Wild Code School graduates are employed one year after graduation.
Recent Wild Code School Reviews: Rating 4.91
Recent Wild Code School News
- OnlineFull Time
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size N/A Location Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Lille, Nantes
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
- Data Visualization, Product Management, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Agile, Python, Machine Learning
In PersonFull Time35 Hours/week20 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size 20 Location Lisbon, Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Lille, NantesThe course prepares students in 5 months for the data analyst career path, allowing them to acquire a complete data culture and to be operational in the analysis and use of data processing tools.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
- OnlineFull Time
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size N/A Location Lisbon, Madrid, Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Berlin, Lille, Barcelona, Nantes
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
In PersonFull Time20 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size N/A Location Lisbon, Madrid, Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Berlin, Lille, Barcelona, NantesWe have designed an extremely effective training program that allows you to acquire the maximum number of skills in the shortest time possible. We can achieve such efficiency with the use of digital tools in learning, project-based pedagogy and personalised support from our trainers.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
Wild Code School Reviews
88 reviews sorted by:
- Miguel Silva • Student • Course: Web development • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInI was a student at WCS and didnt like it at all!!
Its a waste of time and money in my opinion (IMO).
The best thing i took from this experience was that (a) i wont ever again pay to study (unless my employer requires it), and (b) i dont like how the standard IT companies work, but even that you can search and find on the web - just like it is!
With 4000-5000 euros you can do WAYYYYY more than what you will get after your bootcamp at WCS, IMO. For instance, you could take online courses (way cheaper than popular / expensive bootcamps) at your own pace via
1 - https://www.freecodecamp.org
2 - https://www.skillshare.com
3 - https://www.udemy.com
4 - https://teachlr.com
5 - https://www.tutellus.com
6 - https://www.floqq.com
(just to mention a few)
If you are joining an in-person bootcamp cause you wanna hang out with some people, you dont need to pay 4000-5000 for that. Just contact your friends and/or use social media to gather a bunch of people who´d like to join you on some online learning journey :)
Also, if you are taking the bootcamp because of the final certificate, it wont be necessary at all to get a job - virtually all employers will make you some quick tests to attest your knowledge before you get hired. Moreover, many online courses also grant certificates.
And believe me, by taking your own learning path instead of enrolling in an expensive bootcamp you would save enough money for a 1-3 week awesome vacation in some of your favorite destinations.
Feel free to contact me if you want further personal views on WCS/coding bootcamps and the IT world. I speak ENGLISH, SPANISH and PORTUGUESE.
Response From: Julien of Wild Code SchoolTitle: Head of CommunityThursday, Jun 10 2021Miguel,
I'm sorry to read that you didn't get the best out of your experience at Wild Code School.
I have the impression that your comment doesn't really represent what Wild Code School does. A huge majority of our students are very happy with their training and managed to change their career and lives. The whole team is working hard for it.
You preferred to be independent during your training, to seek your own resources, and to follow your own rhythm. It's fine to make that choice for you, but that doesn't mean everyone else does the same.
I wish you the best in your career.
Head of Community
- A life changing experience- 3/19/2021Jean-François de T'Serclaes • Data analyst • Graduate • Course: Data analysis • Campus: Brussels • Verified via LinkedInStarting the on-site data analyst in Brussels in march 2020 we spent one week on-site after being obliged to learn from home.
The teacher and campus manager created a real link between learners by setting some recurring events.
The courses are based on different projects and you will learn everything you need to take your project to an end.
You we learn to use python and SQL and different data visualization tools (powerBI, tableau)
I found a data analyst job 3 month after leaving the bootcamp
- Data Analyst parcours- 3/17/2021Sébastien V. • Data Analyst at Retail Shake • Graduate • Course: Data analysis • Campus: Lille • Verified via LinkedInGreat content + great atmosphere = guaranteed success!
Intensive training over 5 months allowing you to have an overview of the world of data and the acquisition of the main knowledge and skills to launch yourself into the profession of Data Analyt! The innovative pedagogy of the Wild, based on a reversed pedagogy (application of resources, then detailed course to explain the difficulties encountered), promotes mutual aid between Wilders. Moreover, the resources made available via the Odyssey platform and the courses given by the trainers are the keys to a complete learning experience and establish the foundations for an autonomous deepening of the acquired knowledge.
- Best life-changing decision- 3/16/2021Matias Espina • Frontend Developer • Graduate • Course: Web development • Campus: Berlin • Verified via LinkedInAmazing atmosphere, very good teachers and a very nice community. It was a life-changing decision to study at this institute. I went from a two-year job frustration to doing what I love for the rest of my life. We prepared projects for real clients, theyhelped me prepare my CV and my Linkedin professional profile, and they also collaborate with the students in the search for job opportunities. I already delivered 5 freelance frontend developer jobs just 5 months after graduating and I’m looking gradually for a full time position at the moment.
- A life changing journey- 3/16/2021Paul Cailly • Fullstack developer • Student • Verified via LinkedInBefore the Wild Code School, I used to make showcase and e-commerce websites with WordPress. It was not really hard but also not very challenging as it required no particular skills in web development.
One day a client requested a quotation for a complex web application. I could not accept the gig because that was something I wasn't capable of. I realized I was missing out on great opportunities and needed to learn and improve my hard skills.
Then I discovered the Wild Code School and her intensive coding boot camp. In 5 months I learned more than my 2 years at business school. It was such a great experience:
- the pedagogy is really innovative and effective, putting emphasis on personal commitment
- people are coming from lots of different backgrounds and it creates a diverse and multicultural environment
- compared to a Master program in CS it's way cheaper and you end up with the same skills in web development
However there's no magic, this is an intensive boot camp that will require perseverance and dedication. The efforts required are demanding but the result is worth it. Today I'm thriving at a top company and I totally recommend this experience to anyone willing to change careers.
- Top BootCamp- 3/16/2021Francois • Student • Course: Data analysis • Campus: Nantes • Verified via GitHubMy experience at the Wild Code School was very exciting. The training program is intense but we have a lot of tools available like the platform Odyssey. The trainer and Campus Manager are available at the slightest sign of problems, also the community is big you are never alone and they are a good mutual aid with the others students. if you're a looking for a new challenge in the Web developement Wild Code School is one of the best options.
- Many quests to do for learning new concepts. In depth explications with live coding course. Masterclass with an external speaker nearly every week. And peers programming to help in flexibility. Many projects all along to practice in real situations. Specific teachers for technical and job support
Need to be autonomous in many aspects.
- Formation et formateur au top!!!- 1/25/2021Hoarau Bruno • Student • Verified via LinkedInJ'ai suivi une formation pour obtenir mon diplôme de développeur Bac + 2 en 2019 et je viens de commencer ma formation en remote de Concepteur développeur d'application Bac + 3 +4 au sein de la Wild. C'est tu école au top, ils prennent des soins de nous même après la formation, ils prennent des nouvelles. Merci pour tout, vous pouvez y aller les yeux fermer mais pas trop c'est dur pour coder :-)
- Excellent- 12/3/2020Christophe CLEMENT • DATA ANALYST • Student • Verified via LinkedInJ'ai suivie une formation de data analyst.
C'est une formation très intense et très profonde. Il y a un excellent suivie quotidien, même en remote.
Vraiment, une expérience épuisant mais tellement enrichissante !!!!!!!!!!!..........
Grand merci pour tout ce que vous m'avez apporté, même au delà de la formation
- Great Experience !- 11/17/2020Romain Zucconi • Student • Verified via LinkedInAs a current Wilder (student), I can just advise you to come to Wild Code School and learn with community managers and programming trainers to learn how to work and thrive in the professional development ecosyAs a current Wilder (student), I can just advise you to come to Wild Code School and learn with community managers and programming trainers to learn how to work and thrive in the professional development ecosystem. Web !! And to learn coding of course ... Anyone can do it! The proof? I have a degree in art history and have been a car salesman for over 10 years. Do you really think coding is the curriculum of the history of automotive astem. Web !! And to learn coding of course ... Anyone can do it! The proof? I have a degree in art history and have been a car salesman for over 10 years. Do you really think coding is the curriculum of the history art and cars sales?
- Une Superbe Formation- 10/22/2020Baptiste • Student • Course: Web development • Campus: Nantes • Verified via LinkedInActuellement en formation à la Wild Code School de Nantes, on a super formateur, une campus manageuse au top et une plateforme en ligne (Odyssey) ou les développeur de celle si sont a l'écoute des demandes des Wilders ( élève de la formation ).
la formation propose différent format d'apprentissage :
- Quêtes : cours sur la plateforme Odyssey contenant de la théorie sur un sujet en particulier ainsi que des exercice pratique a réaliser sur des site comme CodeSandbox, CodePen ou encore Repl.it
- Dojo : petit atelier de groupe en compagnie du formateur ou nous écrivons du code tour a tour pour répondre a une problématique donner
- live coding : le formateur nous fait une démonstration de code sur un sujet tout en nous faisant participer
- cours : le formateur nous fais un cours sur une notion souvent vue dans des quêtes dans les jours précédent
- projet : par groupe, on nous donne un sujet et nous devons réaliser un site respectant un cahier des charge
Toute journée se commence par un daily stand up ou chacun fais un resumer de comment il a vecu la journée précédente et ce qu'il envisage pour la journée en cours. Chaque jeudi ce daily se fais en anglais.
A la fin de chaque semaine on fais un retrospective de la semaine.
- I loved my training at the Wild code school! We were confined after two weeks. The school had anticipated everything and we were able to continue the training without any problem.
The training lasts five months. it's intensive but the program is balanced throughout.
We have them 3 projects and the last one was with a real client. It's a very good experience
The supervisors are available and always listening.