sabio-logo

Sabio

Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Oakland, Online, Orange County, Riverside, Sacramento, San Diego, Seattle

Sabio

Sabio is a developer community offering 12-week full-time coding bootcamps in Los Angeles and Orange County. Sabio focuses on .NET/C# and trains across the full-stack in Mobile, Front End, Back End, Source Control, Database and Development platforms. Its project-based learning curriculum and pedagogy provide a superior training experience that exposes its students to the full software development life cycle.

The Sabio curriculum prepares students for entry-level developer jobs by including a real-world project for a client and 4 weeks of career support and guidance. Students also get 6-12 weeks of instructor-led pre-work before starting the intensive bootcamp. All students have access to Sabio's extended mentorship and their professional development program for five years. Sabio instructors have over 100 years of combined professional software engineering experience. Their commitment to small classrooms and expert instruction gives students an edge when competing in the job market.

Sabio is approved by the state of California and is also a founding member and current board member of CIRR, a coding industry organization seeking to provide transparency in outcomes reporting, illustrating their commitment to student outcomes and truth in advertising. Sabio innovates based on experience, expertise and market knowledge.

Applicants do not need previous programming experience, but individuals with prior experience are placed in a faster track than others. The application process at Sabio identifies motivated and engaged students from a variety of backgrounds. Past students include those with advanced degrees in Computer Science, Engineering but also Musicology, Psychology, Finance, Mathematics and many others. All applicants should have a great personality, work ethic, and ability to solve basic logic problems.

Recent Sabio Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (190) reviews for Sabio →

Recent Sabio News

Read all (32) articles about Sabio →
  • Downtown LA ASP.Net // C# Full Stack With React

LocationLos Angeles, Online
    Microsoft's .Net Platform is an industry leading framework known for its reliability and wide scale adoption in both small startups and large enterprise organizations. Our Full Stack .Net course will prepare you for the major challenges and opportunities as a software engineer. Learn the client-side frameworks like React, database architectures, APIs, tools and soft skills you need to master Asp.Net and launch your career in just 12 weeks. Master the full stack, and graduate with a deep understanding of both the front and back-end web development that employers are seeking. Our curriculum is open and flexible, and your course instructor will be an industry veteran that’s dedicated 100% to your success.
    • Income Share Agreement
    • SkillsFund
    • SallieMae
    • All Major Credit Cards Accepted
    Tuition PlansMonthly Payments Are Allowed
    Refund / GuaranteeYes, fully pro-rated. State of CA does not all Gurantee.
    Scholarship$5,000 General Coding Scholarship $5,500 Women in Tech Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelSome JavaScript
    Prep WorkYes, 4 weeks of training for $99
  • Full Stack Weekday - REMOTE

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationLos Angeles, Riverside, Online, Orange County
    The full stack program will equip you to utilize a myriad of software development tools used by industry professionals to develop, debug and design dynamic web applications; conducting both front-end and back-end development, application program interfaces (API’s), back-end data stores such as relational database management systems (RDMS) and team development strategies. The course will prepare you to perform the duties of a typical entry-level Full Stack Web Developer. A Full Stack Web Developer is a programmer with a technical skill set that allows them to perform in client side, server side/middle tier, and backend-database development environments. Their main tasks are to develop, design and debug software that runs in a cross-browser environment served out of a web server backed by a database server for data persistence. The course will allow you to be substantially knowledgeable in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from concept to finished product and the ability to specialize, if they choose, in anything from front-end to back-end development technologies. You will obtain the knowledge and skills to develop relational databases and work with data that is not stored in a relational manner. They will interact with their own API’s and third party API’s. They will also be exposed to many User Interface and User Experience (UI and UX) () design concerns while building an understanding of how to gather customer and client requirements. They will be fluent in performing quality assurance testing and fundamental security concerns. Specifically, the course will produce a programmer/developer that can work with many of the most popular design patterns, third party APIs, libraries and technologies including but not limited to: HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, Bootstrap, MVVM, MVC, AngularJS, jQuery, Ajax, Inversion of Control, Dependency Injection, Principles of Object Oriented Design, Data Structures, Data Access, Database Design and Architecture, GIS, SMS, SMTP and RESTFul Api Design. Sabio focuses on a single, group based project that exposes you to the full Software Development Life Cycle as experienced in a team practicing Agile/Scrum project management and development principles.

Tuition PlansOnly through financing, not through the institution.
    Refund / GuaranteeYes, tuition is pro-rated
    Minimum Skill LevelNo programming background required
    Prep WorkMinimum of 1 PreWork course (4 weeks) or successfully passing the assessment.
  • Irvine ASP.Net // C# Full Stack With React

LocationOrange County
    Microsoft's .Net Platform is an industry leading framework known for its reliability and wide-scale adoption in both small startups and large enterprise organizations. Our Full Stack .Net course will prepare you for the major challenges and opportunities as a software engineer. Learn the client-side frameworks like React, database architectures, APIs, tools and soft skills you need to master Asp.Net and launch your career in just 12 weeks. Master the full stack, and graduate with a deep understanding of both the front and back-end web development that employers are seeking. Our curriculum is open and flexible, and your course instructor will be an industry veteran that’s dedicated 100% to your success.
    Tuition Plans60/20/20
    Refund / GuaranteeYes, program is pro-rated when it comes to cost. State of CA does not allow us to provde a job gurantee, otherwise we would.
    Minimum Skill LevelJavaScript
    Prep Work4 weeks of javascript for $99
  • Node.js Full Stack with React

LocationLos Angeles
    Train in React and also Node.js for the back-end. Become an awesome full stack web developer that knows how to create elegant and efficient databases, beautiful pages that render super fast. Secure the exact interview training needed to launch your amazing career in tech.
    DepositNone
    Tuition PlansMonthly Tuition Plan Are Available
    Refund / GuaranteeTuition is prorated
    ScholarshipJill H. Mays Women in Tech $5,500
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic JavaScript
    Prep WorkComplete Sabio's Online PreWork Course

• $5000 Sabio Scholarship - Women In Tech

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Sabio scholarship for $5000 off tuition!

No eligibility restrictions.

• Full Stack Node.js with React (Los Angeles)

• Absolutely worth it
    - 12/23/2016
    Goeff • .Net Developer • Graduate

If you're reading through these reviews right now, either considering whether or not to do a coding boot camp or possibly shopping around for the best one to attend, you're exactly where I was three months ago. By all means, do your own research to come to the conclusion on your own, but I can tell you: you don't need to look any further. You will not find a more committed and qualified group of instructors/mentors to prepare you for your new career. And you will not find a more supportive community to help you along the way.

For the people reading this that only care about results, I can tell you that it's for real. I'm a college graduate who, just three months ago, had never earned more than 40k in my life (30+ years old). Before the program was done, I had already signed my accepted offer worth more than double my previous max salary. Sure, maybe not everyone will end up with an offer like that, but from my perspective, the program works. Making the decision to go through Sabio is easily one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.

Go to a Sabio info session, meet Gregorio, see what the program is about, and then vet the info. Compare Sabio to other programs, and I think you'll probably end up making the same decision I did. If you do, you'll thank yourself for it.

• Michael • Full Stack Developer • Graduate

Coming into Sabio I had experience in the development space. I quit my job as a junior developer to attend Sabios 12 week Full Stack program. Even with the experience that I had, Sabio pushed me to be a better developer all the way around. I learned a hell of alot and I defintely reccomend people to do this program with or without experience. Ive increased my salary ten fold. My salary has increased 30,000 in 3 months.

• Zack • Graduate

I have worked in tech for years. I've worked in every capacity under the sun, except development. I had a friend attend a different coding boot camp, with O.K results. I did some research and decided to check out Sabio. What a whirlwind. I have never learned so much and gained such a foothold on the market in such a short period of time in my life. Aaron and Varr and fantastic. I genuinely could not have asked for better mentors.

• Sabio is the truth
    - 12/19/2016
    Nick • Full Stack .Net Developer • Graduate

If you're reading this then you're probably in the same position I was six months ago scrolling through course report. I hated my job and needed a career change. I come from a sales background with no college degree and had absolutely ZERO coding knowledge. I was always passionate about computers and technology so I started doing some research. I came across Sabio and a couple other coding bootcamps. I went to an info session at Sabio with Aaron(Orange County Instructor), which was my first info session. I ended up joining the pre-work sessions that same week. I don't know what it was, but I trusted everything Aaron was saying. He was not trying to sell me on joining, he was just explaining facts. I didn't even bother going to check out any other bootcamps mainly because at Sabio you have 8 weeks of pre-work to get ready for the full 12 week bootcamp and most importantly at Sabio you are working on a REAL project for a REAL client. No other coding bootcamp does this. Sabio limit's their cohorts to a max of 10 people and you're working as a real development team.

So I joined the pre-work session's which were taught by Varr. Varr is actually teaching his own cohort come January. He does an amazing job breaking everything down in a way where someone with no experience like me can understand.

After the 8 week's of pre-work the real deal began. The 12 week course is no joke. Be prepared to devote everything to it. It is frustrating and stressful, but in the end it will pay off. All you have to do is show up, listen, and put in the work and you will be in a great place. Aaron is an incredible instructor. The guy is a genius. He had an answer to every question I asked and he answered them in a way where I would learn from it. No matter how many times I asked him the same questions, he remained patient with me until I completely understood what I was doing. Everyone has their own pace of learning and he adapts to everyones individual needs. In the last two weeks of the cohort we switch over to interview prep and job searching as the main focus while still continuing to code. We had 3 mock interviews and over 200 prep questions to study from. They set you up for success at Sabio. Even after you graduate you are connected to a network of sabio instructors and graduates, where you can seek help and advice.

On Wednesday of week 11, I received a job offer for a mid-level full stack .net developer positon which I accepted. The salary is 70k+. My first day of work is on Jan. 3rd and my cohort graduation date is on Jan. 8th. Choosing Sabio was the best decision I could have ever made.

• Vinny • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

Update—I got hired 4 weeks after graduation and I am now making 15K more than my previous job, plus benefits, in less than 6 months!

I wanted to write a detailed review of SABIO because when I first started looking at course-report, I only found a few reviews long enough to be useful. Of those, one writer described a situation like mine, and that helped me decide which bootcamp I wanted to attend. I hope my review can help you make the right decision, whether it’s to choose Sabio or to get you thinking about bootcamps in general.

#Yolo—So Make the Change.

So many doubts and so much regret.  Five months ago, that’s what I faced every day after deciding to make a career change. I had been in the medical field for over seven years, working for two hospitals, and I had grown tired of the job’s uncertainties. As a per diem employee, my work schedule would change each day. I could get called in to work a few hours before my shift, or I could be sent home because the hospital wasn’t busy. Sometimes I would get called in, then get sent home after two hours. Many co-workers told me it would be a few years before I could get a part-time position, and a few years after that until I qualified for a full-time position. The pay would shrink as I moved up because of the benefit packages. I would be working more hours just to make the same amount or less; the only perk would be the guaranteed hours. So when I decided to switch careers, I faced doubt and regrets, much of it from my immediate family. They wanted me to keep both hospital jobs because they were stable and I would eventually get to be full-time. I know my family was only trying to help, but their negativity towards my decisions weighed heavily on me. Still, despite this pressure at home to stay in my field, I knew I had to make a change.

The Search:

Luckily, I was not alone in searching for something better. A colleague/friend in the medical field decided to join me. As we researched Computer Science degrees online, we came across the term “coding bootcamps” and shifted our research to finding those in the LA/OC area. My criteria included the languages being taught, price, schedule and time. We found four geographically desirable bootcamps -- Sabio, OC Code School, UCLA extension and Codesmith -- that were located relatively close. A software-engineer relative who advised me recommended Sabio because it was the only local bootcamp at the time to offer full stack web development in short amount of time (12 Weeks). On coursereport, Sabio had the best reviews compared to others. I decided to attend an info session at Sabio.

The Leap:

We arrived at the Sabio info session in Culver City full of questions. Co-founder Gregorio explained what Sabio is, what to expect in a coding boot camp, and what full stack web development is. He was upfront about the importance of devoting 70+ hours each week, the graduation rate, and salaries one might expect after graduation. He said that although many coding camps claim their graduates start at salaries around 100k or more, the actual average is around 60k. No one will hire a junior developer with fewer than six months of coding experience for 100k. Gregorio doesn’t hire Sabio graduates to teach; all the Sabio instructors have over 10+ years of experience with different backgrounds. Gregorio stayed afterward to answer all my questions and even offered advice on my current job situation, which impressed me. After that night, I knew Sabio was it.

Pre-work:

The four weeks of pre-work was initially rough for me. I had no prior experience with coding except for codecademy’s beginner lessons online to learn HTML and CSS as a foundation for pre-work. The part-time pre-work instructors are knowledgeable, patient, and available. They provided guidance and structure to the class. The pre-work student-teacher ratio is about 15:1. When I received the good news that I had passed the assessment and moved a step closer to my goal, it was one of the best feelings I’ve had. Written assessments at the end of the pre-work session provide an idea of how well you understand the material. Don’t stress – it’s not a test, just a snapshot of what you’ve learned so far about web pages.

Cohort:

After the first week or so revisiting pre-work concepts so that everyone is on the same page, each cohort starts on a project that involves an actual client with a web app concept for real-world use. The client may show up now and then to answer questions, but it’s the instructor who guides the cohort. In a semblance of Agile methodology, every day begins with a standup meeting in which each person discusses what he/she is working on, any issues that may have come up, and what today’s work will be. Following lectures or code review, each person gets to work on a part of the app. Since the student to teacher ratio is small – usually around 10:1 – everyone benefits from one-on-one interactions. After a few days, the instructor is there mainly for guidance or troubleshooting; otherwise, you research and code on your own or as a team. This exposes you to many of the available developer tools to help you write and debug your code. You learn a lot, including how to start thinking like a coder. The goal is to get everyone coding like a professional web developer. You should work no less than 10 hours a day so you can fulfill the strict commitment to a 70-hour week, which is no joke; you get out of it what you put in. Each day you come to learn, and each day you will improve. I was fortunate to have a great cohort. Everyone came from a different background and brought unique ideas and perspectives. Since we spent so much time together, Sabio became my second home, and my cohort was my second family. (Months after our work at Sabio was finished, we still Slack one another and visit Sabio for monthly professional development sessions.)

Interview Prep

As you wrap your cohort project for the client, Sabio instructors take turns conducting mock job interviews, white-boarding and coding tests. They want you over prepared so that the real interview is a piece of cake. In the week or two before gradation, you get help writing your resume, and you start to apply for jobs during the day and continue coding at night. Gregorio is also a great resource for interview preparation and is available most of the time to answer questions or offer advice. The interview preparation was such a success that many of my cohort found jobs before graduation.

The Finish Line

Good luck with your research. I hope this review was helpful. Sabio is a great bootcamp that offers tremendous support during and even after you have found a job. Gregorio and Liliana go above and beyond to make sure everyone has a successful transition from beginning to end, including offering free professional workshops to help you continue developing your skills even after you are working. They commit to each person for five years and/or until you’re earning $100K.

• Kevs • Graduate

Do you feel unsatisfied with your current job because it lacks challenge or feels unrewarding?

If so, you should learn to code.

Coding is difficult, but the satisfaction that comes from writing good, functioning code is like receiving 100 presents, and a kitten, on a nice, snowy Christmas morning.

Simply put, by learning to code, you open an avenue of endless growth. As long as you code, you will always be learning, thus you will always be challenging yourself.

Are you having trouble choosing between different bootcamps?

Don't sweat it. I was in the same boat. I had a difficult time choosing between three bootcamps in Los Angeles, but ultimately chose Sabio.

Why?

Sabio was the most transparent. They didn't post outrageous average grad salaries. Note, it's extremely unlikely that a boot-camp graduate will receive a full-time (non-contract) offer of over $100k in southern California.

Also, Sabio's blog is super informative and it played a large role in my decision making process.

If you don't know where to start, go to an info-session and get your questions answered!

What's the curriculum like?

Code err'day.

But seriously, 70 hours a week of hard coding. You gain practical and professional experience by building a product/web application for an entrepreneur.

Once you complete pre-work and pass a coding assessment, you get 12 weeks to munch code like nobody's business.

What are the instructors like?

They are absolutely incredible developers and S-tier mentors.

My instructor was Mike, and he is the greatest sensei I've ever had. Sabio did a great job hiring him because his enthusiasm and passion for teaching influenced the way my cohort functioned (no pun intended).

My other instructor was Gregorio and he is one of Sabio's founders. He's a fantastic person with tons of wisdom. He's actually a wizard. Gregorio the Grey. :)

Overall, my instructors were invested in my growth and I appreciated that.

What was your cohort like?

They're my awesome friends and I'd trust them with anything.

We support each other, unconditionally, through good and bad.

Although we've headed in different directions, we still keep in touch and I genuinely feel happier, seeing each of them succeed.

Also, we're getting KBBQ soon.

Overall impression?

Sabio is a life-changing experience. There's nothing quite like it. I'm a recent UCLA graduate and Sabio is, in a sense, my master's program. I don't regret my decision to attend at all.

In terms of ROI, Sabio beats most graduate schools. Think about that for a minute.

Lastly, Gregorio and Liliana, the founders, are the nicest people in the world. They want you to succeed and work hard to make sure you do. It's humbling to experience.

If you do choose to attend Sabio, please understand that you aren't joining some coding school. You're joining the Sabio family.

Even after graduating, you have access to tons of resources. You are always welcome to attend workshops or even use a room on campus. If you're struggling at work, you can always DM someone for help.

In short, you're never on your own. You'll always be a part of something great, and that in itself is priceless!

Where are you now?

It's been one month since I graduated.

Since then, I have accepted an offer with a Real Estate tech company. And because everyone wants to hear it, I make a lot of money with tons of awesome benefits.

It's fulfilling, for me, to be called a "top candidate" when talking to hiring managers and receiving offers. And this isn't because I'm smart, it's because Sabio prepared me for interviews and taught me the invaluable lesson of working hard.

That being said, what are you waiting for???

A famous video game character once said, "hesitation is the seed of defeat".

Empower yourself in 2017.

• Jazmine • Graduate

I’ve been eagerly waiting for the day to write my Sabio Success Story

I was just like you, scouring Course Report and carefully weighing my options. Because I was living in San Jose, Sabio had stiff competition against bootcamps in the Bay Area. I had a list of top 5 schools and after serious consideration for each one, Sabio turned out to be THE BEST all-around coding bootcamp.

I had absolutely no technical background prior to attending Sabio. I have a BA in music and was working for a symphony in the Bay Area. Understandably, I was met with skepticism from people who saw me as a musician. But I thought, “Why not?”

It was March 2016 when I first signed up for Codecademy and even heard of HTML. Liliana checked in with me several times before I moved down to LA and made sure I had a head start before PreWork.

I started PreWork in July and performed well enough to move on to the 12 week intensive in August. 2 weeks after finishing the program, I had a job offer! Thanks to Gregorio’s guidance, I increased that offer by 6k and now I’m earning 20k more than the job I left 5 months ago!

The best advice I can give when deciding on a bootcamp is to DO YOUR RESEARCH! Know what you’re looking for and what your values are. My top priorities were the quality of the education and the support. I couldn’t find any other bootcamp that had reviews as consistent and positive as Sabio’s. Their online presence was hard to ignore. And now that I’ve gone through it, I too can echo that Sabio delivers THE best education and support you can ask for.

Sabio has been there for me in more ways than just learning how to code. Whenever I felt incapable or inadequate, I could easily ask Gregorio or Mike for a chat about how I'm feeling. Being a woman I was concerned about inclusiveness. I’ve read horror stories of women at bootcamps being subjected to less than ideal learning environments. Take comfort in that Sabio keeps a high standard of respect in the classrooms. Whether you’re a woman, POC or LGBT, you’re more than welcome here.

I’m so grateful for Gregorio, Liliana, Mike and my Cohort for believing in me more than I believed in myself. And making sure I didn't fall behind or get sucked into my own self-crippling doubt. Like I’ve said and so many others, Sabio is there for you 100%. You’ve come to the right place.

• Yushi • Graduate

Sabio has a great program that will teach you core principles and give you a solid foundation for coding. I felt it was true that the more I put my effort into the program, the more I got out in return.

The instructors were always invested and did their best to answer any questions or concerns I had. It made me feel comfortable about learning new concepts which helped me keep motivated throughout the entirety of the program. I appreciated the learn by doing approach, with my instructor giving helpful advice and pointers to challenge my thinking.

One of the aspects of Sabio that I truly appreciate is the sense of community and the support for students, even after graduation. My instructor was happy to help me and give advice on my job. It really is reassuring knowing that you get more out of this program than just the skill of programming.

Thanks to them, I've been able to keep up at my new job, despite having to work on technologies that I was not familiar with. It shows that you come out of the program with a solid foundation, and support when you need them.

• Jenya • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

Let me start by saying that I was, am, and probably always will be a skeptic.

What this means is that, when I was stuck in a job I detested 6 months ago and considering escape routes, I didn't actually, truly believe this would work. I wanted a career where I would be challenged and could learn new things constantly. Tech seemed like the logical choice, and a boot camp seemed like the simplest, fastest way to get there, but it seemed wildly unbelievable to me that a 12-week program would get me industry-ready.

I picked Sabio because their statistics were fantastic (and unpadded!) and because I would get to work on a real project with a real client rather than a variety of small, inconsequential assignments. The skeptic in me didn't allow me to get excited about everything else they promised - continued support, a truly caring community, incredible instructors... So I focused on the concrete, quantifiable promises instead. I committed to this because I was desperate to get out of where I was, but all the while I doubted that this would seriously work.

Prework started - 1 month of 15 hours/week instruction to prepare us for the real deal. We learned the foundations of front-end and middle-tier development, enough that we would not be useless when the actual 12-week program started. The instruction was more than good enough to penetrate through my never-did-this-sort-of-thing-before barrier. I got great guidance and learned a ton, but throughout the prework process I was still skeptical. Sure, things were going great, but there was no way that I would really be able to get a career at the end of all this...

And then the 12-week program slammed me in the face so hard that I didn't have the time or energy to be skeptical anymore. Sabio expects 70 hours a week from its fellows, with you absorbing and applying insane amounts of material every hour of that. The challenge exceeded anything I had ever done before. I was tested physically, mentally, and most of all emotionally, and my skepticism was melted down into a puddle of insecurity that I found myself splashing around in all too often. I wasn't doubtful anymore - I was freaking POSITIVE that I couldn't do this.

But I was also surrounded by 5 others who were going through the exact same thing. My cohort was full of extraordinary people from all sorts of backgrounds. It was a pleasure and a privelege to do this program alongside them, and I'm eternally grateful for their putting up with my insecurities and helping me when I was lost or confused. Furthermore. my instructors Mike and Gregorio were some of the most intelligent, patient, and caring people I've ever worked with.

In fact, the entirety of the Sabio community is incredible. Those promises that I had discounted in my initial decision due to my skepticism were more than fulfilled, and they turned out to be the core reason I would vehemently recommend Sabio to anyone even vaguely considering it. You will be surrounded by other people going through the program, awesome instructors, graduates, and founders, all of whom actually, seriously care about your success and will do their damndest to make sure you do well.

Ultimately, I made it through - all of us did. I learned more in 12 weeks than I thought possible to learn in a year. I scored a fantastic job with a company I fell completely in love with, and at a great salary to boot.

I'm still a skeptic, mind you - there's a small part of me that still wonders if one of these days I won't wake up and realize it was all a really cool dream. But until that happens, I am happy as hell with my decision.

• Brenden • Front End Web Developer • Graduate

Before I decided to enroll in Sabio’s 12 week program, I had already selected another bootcamp on the other side of the country that I had every intention of attending; then I found Sabio.  Stumbling upon Sabio’s website was completely accidental, but after perusing the website, I decided that attending one of the weekly info sessions couldn’t hurt. I attended an info session and spoke to Gregorio about Sabio’s program, and the thing that stuck out to me the most was that each class is given the opportunity to work and collaborate on a real app for an actual client.  While most bootcamps I had researched were touting a curriculum that would result in a portfolio full of smaller exercises, Sabio grads were leaving the program with real work experience and a working app to show to potential employers.

And so, on a whim and a gut feeling, I decided to attend Sabio as part of Cohort 21, and 12 weeks later I became a fully employed front end web developer earning significantly more than I had in my previous career.

The program is tough and the hours are long, but with the help of the ever patient Sabio instructors who are ready and waiting to help with any and all questions that arise during the program (of which there will be plenty), I found myself rapidly acquiring the skills necessary to becoming a full fledged developer.  Ultimately, Sabio is focused on helping you become a fully employed developer, and towards the end of the program we began focusing on finding jobs and preparing for the inevitable technical interviews.  Because Sabio’s instructors are professional developers with many years of experience, their insight and knowledge proved invaluable during the job hunting process, and after receiving a job offer less than a week after the 12 week program ended, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that that wouldn’t have been possible without the help of Sabio’s instructors.

Quite possibly more important than Sabio’s curriculum, and more significant than the opportunity to build a professional app, is the Sabio community.  When you enroll at Sabio, you don’t just sign up for a 12 week program, you sign up to become part of an invaluable community of developers; a resource that will continuously prove it’s worth long after the 12 week intensive program ends.  If I have questions about a problem I’m trying to solve at work, I know I can look to the Sabio community for insight, feedback, and support for even the most elementary or mundane issues.

Discovering Sabio was a perfectly happy accident that ultimately lead to an overall better career and lifestyle for me.  If you’re considering going to Sabio, or still weighing your options, do yourself a favor and go to Sabio (or at least an info session); you will not be disappointed.

• Jimmy • Software Developer • Graduate

I went to the info sessions of a few different bootcamps but it was an easy choice to pick Sabio.  The biggest reason for me was that at Sabio, you work on a real product for an actual client.  I think it is much more impressive on your resume compared to having a calculator/tictactoe project or whatever.

The program is great.  You learn full-stack development, and the languages you learn are highly sought after.   I had Aaron and Varr for instructors, and they are awesome.  There’s a lot of stuff to learn and you will definitely have lots of questions.  They’ll patiently answer your questions for however long it takes for you to understand.  The cohort size is small so there is lots of one on one time.

It doesn’t end with you just graduating, or after you find your first job.  The Sabio community of instructors and fellows  is there for you if you have questions about code, work, or anything.  Sabio continues to provide workshop events to help with your professional development.

I was at a job that paid OK, but was not something I really enjoyed.  I was definitely apprehensive to walk away from a steady paycheck to jump into this program in an entirely different field.  From zero experience in programming, I was hired 3 weeks after graduating.  I’m enjoying the code, and at a higher salary to boot.

• Nancy • Graduate

My story is a little different from most who went through the program.  I was already an established teacher in a great school district, with good pay and benefits.  After 10 years in education though, I wasn't as excited to come to work each day like I used to and if I couldn't put my heart into what I was doing anymore, I wanted a career change.  After looking at many different options (masters, doctorate, other certificate programs all related to education), I knew I didn't want to spend 2+ years just to try out a career that I may or may not enjoy.  Fortunately for me, I was able to connect with a software developer who worked at my school.  Upon finding out that he was a music major that transitioned into programming through a bootcamp on the east coast, I started looking into bootcamps offered in SoCal.

I researched many different bootcamps, but in the end chose Sabio because of the extended prep period (Phase 1).  While most other programs offered a 2 week intro period, Sabio offered 4-6 weeks of part-time prep time with an instructor to make sure you are actually interested in coding, you get along well with the instructors, and you really are ready to pull the plug on your last career.  There is a coding test at the end of Phase 1 to make sure you have the fundamentals and dedication necessary to be successful in Phase 2, their full-time 12 week program where you are paired up with a real startup company to build their prototype.

I absolutely loved my two instructors at Sabio, Varr in Phase 1 and Aaron in Phase 2.  Both are extremely knowledgeable, patient, and just kind, well-rounded people that are pleasant to be around.  I was the only female in the cohort but that is pretty typical in a male-dominated industry.  My cohort and instructors were great, and fostered a collaborative learning environment.  Don't be afraid to get on the queue for the one-on-one time with the instructors, even if it's just for them to clarify what you need to do for the 2nd or 3rd time until you can wrap your head around the task at hand.  They are there for support.  That being said, you will definitely have to put in 70+ hours a week.  As Aaron said many times throughout the 12 weeks, "If it was easy, everyone would do it."  The more work you put in, the more knowledge and practice you'll get out that would better prepare you when you are ready to interview for jobs.

My cohort of 8 people all got hired for full-time positions within a month of graduating from Sabio!  I chose Sabio because of their longer prep period for true beginners, hands-on experience on a real life project, interview prep, and supportive instructors who do whatever they can to help you as long as you pull your weight and put in your hours.  I've already recommended Sabio to my brothers, who are interested in career changes.  I recommend going to Sabio's info sessions to see for yourself what the program is all about.

• Sabio is family
    - 11/12/2016
    Dhara Patel • Web Developer • Graduate

Why Sabio --

Not too long ago, I decided I wanted to learn to code and become a part of the fast growing tech industry. I was working as an accountant at that time and to put it lightly, I despised it. Every morning I would wake up dreading going to work. I was always intrigued by programmers and even did some tutorials on my own.

Though I had heard of many coding bootcamps, I was hesitant to go through one because I was unsure whether they would provide the skills necessary, in what seemed like a short 12 weeks to land a job as a web developer. Rather than shutting the idea down completely, I did A LOT of research and attended numerous info sessions. I was skeptical up until I attended Sabio’s info session. During this info session, I was impressed by how confident the instructors were about teaching anyone to code, if you were willing put in the time and effort. Having very little knowledge on the subject, this really stuck out to me. They spoke about the amount of students that get hired as web developers once they leave the program, which is just about everyone who is looking to find a job in this field.  They told us that Sabio provided professional development opportunities even after the bootcamp was over, so you as a web developer could continue to grow and learn. Though these were great factors already, it was the moment they mentioned that they bring in real clients who have an application that needs to be built. This is what their students work on during the 12 weeks of the bootcamp. I am a kinesthetic learner by all means, so when I heard this during the info session I had made my decision.

During Sabio --

During this 12 week period, you are focused on learning the full spectrum of web development, from front end to back end. What I appreciated most during this process was that there was also a focus on developing your problem solving skills, to get you to think like a developer, which is essential in this line of work. This program like most great things, is difficult and grueling, however you are given the tools and support system (Sabio and your cohort) to help you conquer these 12 weeks. If you submerge yourself into this new world fully, you will come out a winner!

After Sabio --

Long after you have completed the bootcamp, Sabio will be there for you. It’s amazing to me just how much they invest in each of their students, even if you’re no longer going through the actual bootcamp. Whether it’s for a big career decision you are facing, or a small debugging issue that you just can’t seem to crack. They also give you a community filled with alumni who have gone down the same path as you, who you can connect with and learn from or perhaps even build something with.  Once you’ve chosen Sabio, they are your family. As for me, I am currently employed and doing something that I finally love, all thanks to Sabio. If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be where I am today and I am so grateful to have made this decision!

• stay on the grind
    - 11/2/2016
    Tyson

Real clients with real app ideas + awesome instructors + cool work environment + free coffee + free beer.

Yes, it is exhaustive, I was putting in 70hrs+ each week, but I was fortunate to have a supportive and really really funny cohort to pull me through while keeping me entertained. Shout out to my main instructor Aaron for always believing in me even though I was having a hard time believing in myself if I can do this coding thing. Coming from a science background was a complete 180 turn. Fortunately, Aaron was there every step of the way to guide me in the right direction without actually giving me all of the answers. He understands that everyone goes at their own pace and caters to us in different ways that challenge us and help us get better rapidly. The patience on this man has no boundaries. I asked him the same question multiple times and he just has a way to tell you to get your shit together without making you feel like shit. You will get shitty days where you will question what the heck you are even doing, but you just have to believe in the program and push on.

I found a job in less than a month after bootcamp and was given the salary that I asked for. Thank you Sabio!

• Nico • Junior developer • Graduate

What I appreciated about Sabio was the no nonsense environment. Don't waste our time and we won't waste yours and vise versa. Sabio teaches skills and sometimes more importantly concepts that are crucial to the web development world. These ideas serve as foundations for you to learn new skills with ease. Over all I would say the course is difficult. It is a bootcamp and it is demanding. The reward really pays off when possible employers test your skills and are impressed with your knowledge and comprehension of web development. The only advice I would give future students is to fully prepare for and intense 12 weeks. Other than that, It is definately a course worth taking if you want to change your life.

• Don Weis • Web developer • Graduate

Plain and simple, this program is worth every penny spent towards getting the skill necessary to enter the workforce head on.

I was introduced to Sabio by a friend of mine that had been looking for bootcamps after I was laid off from my job of 6 years making 15/hr.

I went to the orange county meet up with another friend in a similar situation and we sold on sabio by the amazing orange county instructor Aaron. He supplied us with every detail we needed to know before taking the plunge into the intensive program.

after going through pre work at the culver city location and passing the assessments. we transition to Newport for our cohort and instantly meshed with the team that had already been working together down south.

the program gave everyone the tools they needed to pick up the skill set very effectively. Aarons one on one time was guided specifically to each person's needs and helped everyone crush their goals one after the other.

With the amazing teamwork that was built on top of Aaron's foundation of knowledge, there was no stopping us, and we delivered an amazing MVP to our client after an immersive 3 months.The time flew by and we were well prepared to enter the job market.

While I Felt confident in my skill, I was a little nervous about my opportunities being someone with ZERO programing experience before Sabion, and no college degree to fall back on, but within 1 month. Everyone including myself were hired out of our cohort because we stuck the the plan that Sabio puts in place to effectively get a job.

I was able to find a job that payed me much more than my last job, with a atmosphere and location right where I wanted with only 6 months of pedal to the metal work.

TL;DR - Sabio is 100% worth it and you would only be hurting yourself going somewhere else.

- Employed Sabio Fellow with no college degree or experience

• Joe • Backend Developer • Graduate

i had a good career in business as an account executive, but chose to change to programming and I am so thankful to have found Sabio. I took the class in OC with Aaron, and let me tell you... this guy was an amazing instructor. He really pushed me to the limits and never was irritated with me. Beyond that, we had amazing cohort, and everyone was helpful and got along great. It was one of the best experiences of my life. If you study and do what Sabio tells you, and you try your best, YOU WILL GET A JOB. Sabio also truly cares about you and wants you to succeed. It's the best Bootcamp ever. I was able to learn a brand new stack for a take home project for a job I wanted, I crushed the project and now I'm hired making 85k, straight out of the Bootcamp, no prior experience, no computer science degree.

Best decision of my life. Sabio really is amazing.

• Ai • Graduate

I did a lot of research before I chose to enroll Sabio and I don't regret my decision. My experience at Sabio was simply amazing. I not only learn how to code, but also build a great relationship with amazing people. I loved the culture and this is another thing that differenciates Sabio from the other coding bootcamps. Gregorio and Liliana are very considerate and hard-working, they are always there to support with any needs and they try their best to make the program even better. The instructor was very knowledgeable, patient and encourging, and he was always there to provide hands-on support. I couldn't ask for more.

The curriculum is well structured. You start from the pre-work where you learn the basics of programming language and this helps you a lot when you get into intensive 12 weeks program. Another great thing about Sabio is that you get to work on the project for a real company. They apply industry standard practices so you get the feel of working as a developer in the real world.

The intensive program was definitely challenging, it required 70 hours of coding a week, and there were tons of information to absorb in such a short period of time. But it really pays off in the end. I've graduated 3 weeks ago and am already working as a full-time web developer. I am so happy with the outcome and excited about building my new career!

• Will Sandalls • Developer • Graduate

My story is not unlike other stories. I came to coding because I was looking for new opportunities. In my particular case, my career as a freelance music engineer was not providing the security and stability I craved. So a friend suggested that I look at coding bootcamps in the Bay Area where he’d recently found a job working as QA engineer. He was seeing that people without CS degrees could find work in the industry.  I decided to look locally and found, to my surprise, a couple of bootcamps in Los Angeles that looked interesting.

Sabio was the first that I looked at and I was really impressed with Gregorio’s description of the program and his passion.  In fact, I judged each subsequent bootcamp info session by what Gregorio had to say that day.  I was impressed with Sabio’s dedication to inclusiveness. I was impressed with the fact that recent grads are not hired back by the bootcamp.  This was important to me because it meant that they weren’t padding their employment stats and that they cared about the level of instruction and mentorship.  I was also impressed by the commitment to further development, through meet ups and hack-a-thons, after the program was done.  Finally, Gregorio and Liliana truly seemed to care about the welfare of the participants.  Their goal is to build developers and their commitment was palpable.

I began the actual 12 week bootcamp in July and the experience was tremendous. You aren’t just taught syntax and the programming patterns, you are taught to apply and debug.  You are taught best practices and good coding habits.  And being a full stack program, you get to participate in all the layers from front to back.  As someone who has always loved getting under the hood, seeing how it all fit together was one of my biggest thrills.

As far as coding skills, I feel very confident.  However, there is always more to learn. But part of the program is encouraging curiosity and good investigative skills.  And if you get stuck or need advice, the instructors are there.  John Darragh was extremely knowledgable and really great at directing our efforts towards the best results.  Sabio also fosters a great collaborative environment as well.  My cohort was an integral part of my learning experience.  I could always turn to my neighbor and ask for their opinion and we all learned from each others failures and victories.

There were a lot of long days and tough challenges but the message, to trust the pattern and to stay positive, given by Gregorio on day one, held true. I am now gainfully employed, my financial situation is greatly improved and my career is finally at a place where I feel I can build and grow professionally. I am doing something that interests me and challenges me daily.  I owe everything to this experience, to Gregorio and Liliana, to John and my cohort and to the greater Sabio community, who have really become a second extended family.

• Michael Chu • Graduate

Both of my instructors in Orange County class (Aaron Gibson, Varr Willis) did a great job in helping students learn how to code and tailor the program to your strengths and weaknesses.  Without any previous computer or programming experience, I was able to land a job after a week of graduation.

• Brandon • Software Engineer • Graduate

This review is not intended to get you to sign up for Sabio, I'm merely going to state my experience and I’ll leave the decision making up to you. Skip to the bottom if you want the abridged version.

Unlike many people probably reading this, I actually knew someone who went through Sabio (his name is also Brandon and provided one of the reviews below) and I had the opportunity to grill him on his experience, what he thought it was worth, if it was a scam, etc. And after an hour and a half of interrogating him I don’t think he said a single negative thing about his time at Sabio, but even then I was still skeptical because this seemed way too good to be true.

But I gave it a shot and checked out the info session with Aaron. It still sounded good, Aaron seemed like a great guy, and Sabio was extremely transparent about everything including their placement rates, salary expectations and work load which really appealed to me cause it showed they have nothing to hide and are proud of what they’ve accomplished.

After the info session, I looked at the websites for two other nearby coding schools who I won’t list here and ruled them out for the following reasons: 1. One of them had a curriculum that is a waste of time. That bootcamp would waste two weeks of your precious money on HTML/CSS when you can just learn that on your own in a day to be honest (and in Sabio you learn it during prework). 2. The other bootcamp was not really established, didn’t seem to have a good track record, and the students’ final projects were not something I would want to show to a potential employer (compared to in Sabio you work on a real business-ready level application).

So, I started prework with Varr (who is going to now start his first cohort in 3 months) and he was fantastic—he explained everything clearly and concisely, and the man gives the best metaphors and analogies I’ve ever heard besides being a really cool guy. Fast forward several weeks and we start the 3 month intensive.

First, the Newport location is incredible. There is unlimited free coffee, tea, and beer. The common space with the tv, couch, and kitchenette are fantastic for lunch and unwinding. The weather is great and the nearby food is delicious (although expensive, smarter people than I packed their lunches regularly).

Secondly, I was extremely fortunate that I absolutely loved my cohort of 8 people. We all got along together very well, and they made the 3 months go by so quickly. The whole time we were joking and having fun while coding so it never even felt like we were working.

Third, and most importantly, Aaron is a goddamn god of an instructor. Aaron is highly knowledgeable, and is able to phrase everything is such a way that anyone can pick it up. He is beyond patient. I would go up and ask for help on the same problem several times in a row, and he would guide me through the process while leaving the learning up to me while not getting even slightly irked that I basically asked the same question five times. And I think one of the most underrated and best qualities of Aaron as an instructor is his ability to tailor the curriculum and what you’re doing to your skill level. If you’re blazing through everything, he’ll give you a harder feature to implement; if you’re weak at something, he’ll give you a task that will shore up where you’re lacking to get you up to speed. Besides being an awesome, funny, cheerful guy; he really cares about seeing you succeed and that feeling is palpable in your learning environment.

Okay, that’s all nice and great and all, but what about the jobs and your preparedness afterwards? Sabio helps you to a ridiculous extent in your job search. They review your resume several times over, hire a photographer for your LinkedIn headshot, and provide you with unlimited support. I went into interviews and absolutely amazed employers with how much I knew with 3+ months experience. You will be so well prepared if you just follow what they ask you to do. The job market for .net developers is crazy and all of my cohort has had interviews nonstop.

Exactly a week after the last day of class I not only received one offer, but two offers. One for 70k and other for 80k.

Gregorio, Liliana, Aaron, and ALL of the Sabio alumni are so unreal helpful. They are constantly helping everyone, posting jobs, and providing continued support—hell, Gregorio just helped someone debug some code at 1am on slack. And throughout the job search they have been nothing but helpful and responsive. If you have any questions at all they WANT to help you and will answer all your questions.

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect, but I am absolutely so glad I did Sabio.

SUMMARY

-EXTREMELY worthwhile experience

-Aaron is incredible, Newport location is great, cohort was awesome

-Came out with two job offers for 70k and 80k within a week of finishing

-Continued support is VERY REAL past graduation – they want to see you succeed and keep succeeding

-Just going to class every day isn't going to get you that job; you have to come hungry to learn, bust your ass, and hustle-- but if you follow their guidelines you will come out with a job (or several) and a great community

-If you read all of this, then you should do yourself the the favor and at least check out an info session

• Life Changing
    - 10/4/2016
    Jhamar Sanders • Software Engineer at Reality Check Systems

MAJOR DISCLAIMER: If you are just looking for a post that validates if you'll learn what you need to learn to be able to get a job then read no further. You will get the skills to be a hireable full stack web developer. You will get a job. You will make more money than you've made before. This post is not intended for you.

This post is intended for the dreamers, the people who are lost looking for a greater purpose in this marathon called life, the people who have no sense of direction in life's course. This post is for you.

6 months ago to this date, I was exactly in the position you're in at this very moment. Feeling inadequate, searching for something that gave your life meaning, working a dead-end job that is tremendously insignificant to you. I was going to school studying Computer Science and I hated it, absolutely despised it. I wasn't learning anything applicable to getting me closer to building the apps that I wanted to create, just learned an abundance of theory, which is fine if that's what you desire, but I needed to gain practical skills. So I began looking for bootcamps after hearing a ton of great things about what they help people achieve.

Then BOOM, a find a bootcamp called SABIO, coincidentally on this very website course report. I began reading reviews, as you are doing right now, and researching further into what exactly this bootcamp provides. After further research, I said screw it and went to an info session and got to meet the man behind it all, one of the Co-Founders of Sabio Gregorio Rojas. The man was very upfront and honest with us about what to expect if you decided to go through with joining the program. As a man who appreciates blunt honesty, I knew this was the place that I needed to be.

After finishing my semester I jumped right into prework and grinded it out so I could pass the assessment and start the intensive program the following month. Once you're in the program be prepared to be challanged physically, mentally, emotionally. There is no half-assing this program you're going to have to give it your all, 70 hours a week for 12 weeks is not an easy task. However, don't feel like you're alone. Your instructor, who has at least 10+ years experience in the industry, knows their shit and will be there to help guide you. Your cohort, who you'll be going through war with. These people are going to be your family for the next 3 months. Help each other and build each other up because you will all need each other at some point. I was very fortunate because I had a great group who just meshed very well each other and have made lifelong friends because of it.

So 3 months after I started the intensive program, what has happened? Learned things about myself, about my character that I didn't even know was inside of me, learned the skills to be a full stack web developer and feel I can go to any company and contribute right away, created an awesome web application, learned the skills to create my own web application, had a Q&A with representatives of Snapchat, won a hackathon in my 9th week of training, got a job offer in my 11th week of training, and started my first day of work at my new job 4 days after graduation.

Words can't even begin to describe how appreciative of Gregorio and Liliana for giving me the opportunity to change my life for the better. I was in a dark place and Sabio helped me find light again, they saved me. I'm not going to try and sell you on why Sabio is better than every other bootcamp out in the SoCal Region and as Gregorio would put it "do whatever that makes you happy", which he doesn't say in a sarcastic manner, he actually means it. However, I will say if you're looking for a bootcamp where the Founders care, the instructors care, even the alumni who graduated prior care, like genuinely care, about your well being and learning and growing to become a fantastic programmer in the industry.

I want to thank Gregorio and Liliana for creating this program and giving us a chance to change our lives. Your vision has changed the world without you all even realizing it yet. I want to thank John, my instructor, for having the patience and for guiding me through this process. I also want to thank the other instructors Jimmy and Aaron for the help you gave us when we needed it. I want to thank my Cohort for being the best group of people I've worked with, you guys have now become family to me. I say this with an unwavering certainty that there is no one I would have rather gone through this process than you all.

Thank you Sabio for everything.

• Benjamin • Graduate

I wanted a career change and I wanted it fast. Before I join Sabio, I only taken a few intro classes to programming when I was in college. But Sabio Pre-Course was very insightful and got me to up to speed for the main course. The 3 months of bootcamp went by really fast. Sabio is not a boring class that you go to everyday and sit there for hours listening to lectures while you're trying to stay awake. No! You are there to work. There is always something to do, fix, and learn. In the beginning your instructor will give the class a main project. Everyone is doing something different and adding onto that project. We all help each other and learn from each other. At the end you will be able to show employers a completed project and explain the parts that you contribute. Thanks to Sabio I was able to find a job in my first month after the bootcamp and all I can say is I’m make a lot more $ then I was before. I want to thank Liliana Monge and Gregorio Rojas for the support and guidance that they are giving to me to the my path to success.

• Elbert • Web Developer/ Designer • Graduate

I come from a business background and can assure attending Sabio will be one of the best financial decisions you make. When I graduate college it cost me around 40K+ and over four years of my life to land me a job that only makes about 35 thousand a year.  That was about a .87 to 1 ratio.

Attending Sabio, it was a fraction of that price of college, only three months (6 months if you including pre-work) and the result is a position as a Web Developer making quadruple what I paid for the program. That is about a 4.3 to 1 ratio.

About my Experience:

I started the program in mid-May 2016 finished beginning-August 2016, received a job offer a week after the program finished. The program is an intense 70 hours a week of coding, reading documentation, and reviewing other classmate’s code.

A cool thing about the program is it’s not exercises that you do it’s a real life application that you build.

I honestly wish I found Sabio earlier so I could have begun my new life sooner.

Cool things to keep in mind:

• 5 year support after finishing program
    • Monthly meetups where we meet leaders in the tech industry
    • A community that if you have any problems or question they are just a click away

What you need to survive the program:

• Willingness to follow the path Liliana and Gregorio set
    • 70 hours a week of just coding and reading documentation
    • A positive attitude
  • Gilbert

Prior to attending Sabio, I was working at a small tech company out in the San Fernando Valley as Business Analysts. During my time there is where I became interested in programming and wanted to see if programming was something I can do. On my free time and weekends, I would spend hours on free coding sites such as codeacademy or freecodecamp tackling their exercises. While I was at work, I would often find myself asking members on our development team for advice and tips on programming and thats when I knew that I wanted to be a developer.

I reached out to a friend who was working as a developer for another company and asked for his advice and he mentioned that I should look into programming bootcamps if I was serious about making a career switch. I did my google search and checked out a couple of programs but ultimately after attending an info session with Gregorio, I was sold and decided that I would attend Sabio.

What came next was 8 weeks of prework with Jimmy. Jimmy is a great instructor and he definitely did a great job preparing us for the full time bootcamp. Jimmy is super patient and incredibly knowledgable and it was a great opportunity to learn from him.

The full time bootcamp was indeed a lot of hard work and the curriculum will definitely challenge you in more ways than one but coming out you will be well prepared for your first job. The instructors at Sabio are extremely intelligent and the knowledge they provide to you is priceless. The skills you will gain during your time at Sabio will help you stand out from other applicants and make you deseriable by employers.

Attending Sabio was the best decision I've ever made and I want to thank Gregorio, Liliana, Jimmy, John and Kelly for consistanly pushing us to succeed and for creating a positive learning environment for all of us to be in.

Hired by school in-field

Short-term contract or part-time position
Hired by school out of field
Out of field

Still seeking a job
Not still seeking a job

Non reporting

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.