sabio-logo

Sabio

Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Oakland, Online, Orange County, Riverside, Sacramento, San Diego, Seattle

Sabio

Sabio is a developer community offering 12-week full-time coding bootcamps in Los Angeles and Orange County. Sabio focuses on .NET/C# and trains across the full-stack in Mobile, Front End, Back End, Source Control, Database and Development platforms. Its project-based learning curriculum and pedagogy provide a superior training experience that exposes its students to the full software development life cycle.

The Sabio curriculum prepares students for entry-level developer jobs by including a real-world project for a client and 4 weeks of career support and guidance. Students also get 6-12 weeks of instructor-led pre-work before starting the intensive bootcamp. All students have access to Sabio's extended mentorship and their professional development program for five years. Sabio instructors have over 100 years of combined professional software engineering experience. Their commitment to small classrooms and expert instruction gives students an edge when competing in the job market.

Sabio is approved by the state of California and is also a founding member and current board member of CIRR, a coding industry organization seeking to provide transparency in outcomes reporting, illustrating their commitment to student outcomes and truth in advertising. Sabio innovates based on experience, expertise and market knowledge.

Applicants do not need previous programming experience, but individuals with prior experience are placed in a faster track than others. The application process at Sabio identifies motivated and engaged students from a variety of backgrounds. Past students include those with advanced degrees in Computer Science, Engineering but also Musicology, Psychology, Finance, Mathematics and many others. All applicants should have a great personality, work ethic, and ability to solve basic logic problems.

Recent Sabio Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (204) reviews for Sabio →

Recent Sabio News

Read all (40) articles about Sabio →
  • Downtown LA ASP.Net // C# Full Stack With React

LocationLos Angeles, Online
    Microsoft's .Net Platform is an industry leading framework known for its reliability and wide scale adoption in both small startups and large enterprise organizations. Our Full Stack .Net course will prepare you for the major challenges and opportunities as a software engineer. Learn the client-side frameworks like React, database architectures, APIs, tools and soft skills you need to master Asp.Net and launch your career in just 12 weeks. Master the full stack, and graduate with a deep understanding of both the front and back-end web development that employers are seeking. Our curriculum is open and flexible, and your course instructor will be an industry veteran that’s dedicated 100% to your success.
    • Income Share Agreement
    • SkillsFund
    • SallieMae
    • All Major Credit Cards Accepted
    Tuition PlansMonthly Payments Are Allowed
    Refund / GuaranteeYes, fully pro-rated. State of CA does not all Gurantee.
    Scholarship$5,000 General Coding Scholarship $5,500 Women in Tech Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelSome JavaScript
    Prep WorkYes for free
  • Full Stack Weekday - REMOTE

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationLos Angeles, Riverside, Online, Orange County
    The full stack program will equip you to utilize a myriad of software development tools used by industry professionals to develop, debug and design dynamic web applications; conducting both front-end and back-end development, application program interfaces (API’s), back-end data stores such as relational database management systems (RDMS) and team development strategies. The course will prepare you to perform the duties of a typical entry-level Full Stack Web Developer. A Full Stack Web Developer is a programmer with a technical skill set that allows them to perform in client side, server side/middle tier, and backend-database development environments. Their main tasks are to develop, design and debug software that runs in a cross-browser environment served out of a web server backed by a database server for data persistence. The course will allow you to be substantially knowledgeable in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from concept to finished product and the ability to specialize, if they choose, in anything from front-end to back-end development technologies. You will obtain the knowledge and skills to develop relational databases and work with data that is not stored in a relational manner. They will interact with their own API’s and third party API’s. They will also be exposed to many User Interface and User Experience (UI and UX) () design concerns while building an understanding of how to gather customer and client requirements. They will be fluent in performing quality assurance testing and fundamental security concerns. Specifically, the course will produce a programmer/developer that can work with many of the most popular design patterns, third party APIs, libraries and technologies including but not limited to: HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, Bootstrap, MVVM, MVC, AngularJS, jQuery, Ajax, Inversion of Control, Dependency Injection, Principles of Object Oriented Design, Data Structures, Data Access, Database Design and Architecture, GIS, SMS, SMTP and RESTFul Api Design. Sabio focuses on a single, group based project that exposes you to the full Software Development Life Cycle as experienced in a team practicing Agile/Scrum project management and development principles.

Tuition PlansOnly through financing, not through the institution.
    Refund / GuaranteeYes, tuition is pro-rated
    Minimum Skill LevelNo programming background required
    Prep WorkMinimum of 1 PreWork course (4 weeks) or successfully passing the assessment.
  • Irvine ASP.Net // C# Full Stack With React

LocationOrange County
    Microsoft's .Net Platform is an industry leading framework known for its reliability and wide-scale adoption in both small startups and large enterprise organizations. Our Full Stack .Net course will prepare you for the major challenges and opportunities as a software engineer. Learn the client-side frameworks like React, database architectures, APIs, tools and soft skills you need to master Asp.Net and launch your career in just 12 weeks. Master the full stack, and graduate with a deep understanding of both the front and back-end web development that employers are seeking. Our curriculum is open and flexible, and your course instructor will be an industry veteran that’s dedicated 100% to your success.
    Tuition Plans60/20/20
    Refund / GuaranteeYes, program is pro-rated when it comes to cost. State of CA does not allow us to provde a job gurantee, otherwise we would.
    Minimum Skill LevelJavaScript
    Prep Work4 weeks of javascript for $99
  • Node.js Full Stack with React

LocationLos Angeles
    Train in React and also Node.js for the back-end. Become an awesome full stack web developer that knows how to create elegant and efficient databases, beautiful pages that render super fast. Secure the exact interview training needed to launch your amazing career in tech.
    DepositNone
    Tuition PlansMonthly Tuition Plan Are Available
    Refund / GuaranteeTuition is prorated
    ScholarshipJill H. Mays Women in Tech $5,500
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic JavaScript
    Prep WorkComplete Sabio's Online PreWork Course

• $5000 Sabio Scholarship - Women In Tech

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Sabio scholarship for $5000 off tuition!

No eligibility restrictions.

• Full Stack Node.js with React (Los Angeles)
  • Career Changer
    - 7/8/2016
    Richard

*If you would like a "cut to the chase" description, please scroll to the bottom of this review. I include a part of my life experience in this review as I believe it is a better representation of how Sabio truly changed my life when I thought it wasn't possible.

Before Sabio

I graduated from UC Davis with a Food Science Degree hoping to find a stable, well- paying job that I could stay at for the rest of my life, knowing that I had a degree under my belt. I ended up finding a stable job, but the pay was not equal to the amount of work I performed and I felt miserable. Right across the street from where I worked was a software developing company which had several employees who were seemingly having fun all the time and working leisurely. They would have parties, drive nice cars, and wouldn't have to work fridays. My coworkers would always stare out the windows and say, "Man, how I wish I would have studied to be a software engineer/developer back in the day." That's when I decided I wanted to turn my life around.

Why Sabio?

At the time, I was about ready to quit and thought what am I going to do with my life? How am I going to start learning how to code? Thats when I found out about coding bootcamps and became interested in how they could turn anyone without prior coding experience into a full fledged developer. I attended a few info sessions for several different bootcamps and finally decided on Sabio. Why? Because they believed in me.

Sabio didn't turn me away because I wasn't a good candidate for their bootcamp, but instead welcomed me with open arms. The instructor, Aaron, constantly piqued my interest while making sure that I was not discouraged in any way. One of the biggest reasons why I respect Sabio so much is that they never allow you to feel left behind nor give up on you. No matter how slow of a pace of learning I was at, Aaron always reassured me that I was not falling behind. Ever.

They are always there for you even after you complete the program and get a job.

The Program

The Sabio program is unique from other bootcamps in that they provide 3 stages of learning. There is a period of learning before the actual program called "prework", then the actual 12 week program, with the last two weeks dedicated to helping you find a job.

"Prework", usually on saturdays, is meant to help you ease into the actual intensive program by helping you to learn and understand how to apply the basics of coding, which will be further developed in the oncoming 12 weeks. The actual program itself is an intensive 12 week program in which you work with a team on a real project for a real client. I really enjoyed the idea of working with a team because it simulates how a real world developer job is in the field and allows you to work with teammates to figure out problems together. Most bootcamps do not work in teams, in which case you are stuck developing your own project and cannot utilize your teammates as resources. The last 2 weeks are the most exciting because that is when you start sending out resumes and applying for jobs with the help of the instructor. Sabio provides you with lots of resources from how to format your resume to preparing for an interview. Even after the 12 week program, you become a Sabio alumni and will continue to have all of the available resources open indefinetly.

I was able to get hired one week after the program finished and I am happily making double what I used to make at my old job.

Conclusion

I took a big risk by paying the upfront tuition, which I had to borrow, and also commuting 3 hours (100 miles) a day because I believed the program would pay off and it did. There will be times where you may doubt the program's effectiveness, but if you stick to the plan and believe in the curriculum, you will be successful. Almost like magic, if you don't believe in it, you will never be convinced that miraculous things can happen.

Some people may argue that there is alot of "googling" and "searching" involved, but in reality what do people do when they don't know something and want to find out? This is actually part of the training where the instructors teach you how to find the solution to your problems, because in the real developer world, you don't want to be asking your boss or coworkers every single question.

If you are tired of what you are doing now or want to turn your life around, I highly recommend you take the program at Sabio.

Cut to the Chase

- A bootcamp that actually cares about you and will never give up on you

- Hands on learning, not the traditional class with just lectures and powerpoint slides

- Full stack training with real life skills that are in high demand (Job security will no longer be an issue for you)

- Chance to work with fellow teammembers on a real life project for a real life client (real development experience that can go on your resume)

- Resources and connections are still available even after the program ends

• Just do it
    - 7/8/2016
    Eric J. • Senior Web Developer • Graduate

Hi there - you must be ready for a change. So was I. I set my life on a new course with the help of Sabio.

I was working a decent job, making a decent wage, being decently fulfilled in my work. However, I wasn't doing as much as I could and I knew it. I had heard about these bootcamp things and decided to look around.

I browsed for Los Angeles programs right here on coursereport. I thought the reviews for Sabio were too good to be true, but decided to check it out. I went to an info session and, very impressed by Gregorio's intensity and dedication to the program, began attending prework.

Prework is mandatory and necessary. Jimmy, my prework instructor, was fantastic. Of course, he is very knowledgeable and experienced in the world of web development. But, much more than that, he is a caring and effective teacher - always willing to sit down with you and help you through whatever you are working on.

I joined the Sabio family as part of Cohort 16 in April 2016. The next three months were a blur of 70+ hours a week of hands-on coding on a real project. I didn't want some candy ass bootcamp for babies, and I was not disappointed. Every time I started to get comfortable I was challenged again. Trust me, this is exactly what you want in a bootcamp. If you are doing your life right, you are being challenged again and again and rising to the occasion. You can read plenty of details in other reviews...just know that this is a serious and effective program. To be succinct: I became a BAMF developer at Sabio.

Before I even finished the program, I received a written offer as a Senior Web Developer. I am currently making 50% more than I have ever made and I have full health benefits, a matching 401k, and three weeks of paid time off. After three months at Sabio, I am getting paid dollar dollar bills to make cool tech in the real world. That is the extra value that should not be overlooked - you aren't just learning to code, you are learning how to get hired and get paid. What's even better is that now I'm part of the crew - we hack the thons, we get invited to expensive tech events, we do our own professional development events, and more (the CIO of facebook presented just for us because that's how much of a boss Gregorio is).

Just do it. What's stopping you?

• Travis A. • Software Application Developer • Graduate

So if you are in the market for a bootcamp there are plenty of them out there. If you are looking for a community of like minded individuals supporting each other through the ups and downs, look no more. Here's a little glimpse of my journey from selecting a program all the way up to employment.

Im not going to lie to you and say that Sabio was my first and only choice when selecting a program. Like most, we want to see results and most importantly, that we are not throwing thousands of dollars away.

Part 1 - a different bootcamp

I currently reside in orange county but the first bootcamp I took a look at had a month long pre work session in Santa Monica. I was working full time as a collector in anaheim then made the commute mon-thurs and saturdays for their classes. The first thing I noticed was that there were 27 students including myself in this class. Yes there were two instructors but the catch is they were both current college students working towards their computer science degrees. After completing the month long session, I took the exam to to see if I was qualified to enter in the upcoming cohort. I bombed....then i was told to try again in two months.  When I found out that only 4 out of the 27 students made it into the program, I questioned their ability to teach rather than my ability to learn.

Part 2 - Info Session

I found Sabio on this very website. Reading all the positive reviews in addition to them having a location in orange county (Newport Beach to be exact) fired me up to go to the info session.

I met the orange county instructor Aaron who has 10+ years real world experience. This was already 5x more than the other two instructors at the other place combined! Here are my key take aways from the info session:

Cohorts max out at 10 people meaning plenty of individual attention.

All instructors never have been former students of the program and have atleast a decade of experience in the field.

You have continued support for 5 years where the main goal is to make 100k annually.

If you dont have a bachelors degree you can apply for Sabio through Antioch University and you will get a TON of credits towards your bachelors, in additon to being able to take advantage of grants and low interest student loans.

Part 3 - Pre-work

Pre-work is every saturday for 8 weeks 9am-3pm. Here you will learn all of the fundamentals you need to succeed in the immersion program. I like this set up alot. They pack all this information into your head on Saturday, then you have a whole week to process and implement what you have learned through the exercises and reading. From the first week to the last week, you will already see the difference in your programming capabilities. DONT SLEEP ON PREWORK, this will be the difference maker when immersion comes. My advice is to participate in code reviews early and often, you only do it more and more as the program goes on. Also you will eventually be showing your code to future employers.  At the end of pre-work you are given an assessment and 3 hours to complete it. Its not hard, assuming you have shown up every week and put in work.

Part 3 - 12 week Immersion

At this point I left my  job as a collector and took the plunge to do the full time training. Over the course of the 12 weeks we worked on a project for a real client (see what I did there with the bold?) this makes all the difference when you put together your portfolio because its not something you just made up for your first project. Where else does this come in handy? When employers want a reference and you have a real person to speak about the awesome job you did on their project. My favorite part was the friends I made during the 12 weeks...lifers. Warning, this is not easy. Dont expect to just breeze thru the program without struggling. This is part of the design. You will have to figure things out on your own from time to time but when you finally solve the problem you will feel amazing.

Heres some tips if youre going to the Newport location:

- Invest in a monitor and keyboard/mouse. Youre going to be staring at the CPU all day might as well make those letters big. I have a 13in laptop but when I brought my 23in monitor, I was ready to program like a boss.

- When approaching the instructor with questions, dont just walk up and say this ish doesnt work. Instead, try and google the problem. This way when you walk up you can say, "this isnt working, but ive tried x,y and z" You will not receive the "google it" answer but you will also make yourself more self sufficient in the future.

- Parking is free, coffee is free, and they restock the kegs in the main lobby every week. This location rocks!

Part 4 - F U pay me.

At the end of the 12 weeks I had two offers making great money and awesome benefits. I never imagined that I could have no background in coding and turn it around in my 30's with two kids. The founders (Gregorio and Liliana) genuinely care about each and every student in their program. They know who you are as you will know them. They are not the ones to just hide behind the scenes uninvolved. I see Gregorio answering questions very often being the first to respond when someone needs help in the community.

Trust in the system. When you get discouraged. Trust in the system. When you bomb the first interview. Trust in the system. When you dont understand everything thats going on. Trust in the sytem.

The system works. They give you what you need to start off with great pay, theyll be there for you when you are stuck in your current position. Theyll invite fellows to come back for private events about new tech. In the community you give, you take, and eventally we laugh all the way to the bank. I was skeptical but now I am proof. And there is no reason I will not be making 100k within 5 years. Im shooting for 2-3 years tho.

• Anonymous • Full-Stack .NET Developer • Graduate

Let's get this out of the way because it's probably the first question on your mind - soon after the training at Sabio, I got a good job, making much more money than I've ever made before to do what I love to do: code. The vast majority of my cohort has done the same.

After you're done with the training, you will have the skills you need to be a junior-level, full-stack .NET developer. You only need to do a couple of quick searches on any of the major job-search engines to see that this skillset is in tremendous demand.

The owners, Gregorio and Liliana, along with their excellent group of instructors, have put together a rigorous curriculum that is focused on practical, hands-on learning supplemented by concise, focused lectures and a rich collection of curated reading materials. The real-world app you build during the training, the recorded lectures and the readings are all available to you after the program is finished and will serve as valuable reference materials for your future projects. When I was done with the program, I knew I was ready to hit the workforce.

But to call Sabio just a quality bootcamp doesn't do it justice. It's also a support system, a professional network, and a community. I have benefited tremendously from the insights and advice of Sabio alums that were already working in the industry when I was going through the program and looking for work afterwards. I've enjoyed going to the monthly professional development seminars where skilled lecturers discuss topics that are truly relevant to today's tech landscape. I've gone to hackathons, dinners and happy hours with intelligent, motivated developers who all want what I want: to constantly get better. None of this would have been in my life had it not been for Sabio.

So, when I say that attending Sabio was one of the best decisions I've made in my life, you know I'm not exaggerating. It's not easy, and you will be pushed to your limits in many different respects, but, in the end it will be worth it.

• Do it for you!
    - 5/7/2016
    Ivan • Junior Full Stack .NET Web Developer • Graduate

If you are reading this post it means that you are about to make life changing decision, but you want to make sure it is the right one. Within the posts below you will find valuable information that will help you take action. Register, don't wait any longer.

The only advice I can offer you is to fully immerse yourself in CODE. You will get out what you put in. Which means that you have to dedicate all of you time in this if you want to succeed. Don't partially commit, fully commit! You will end up blaming others for your failures. Stay positive, always. Your life is a reflection of your thoughts.

• mmartinez • Software & QA Engineer, Entrepreneur, Business Owner • Graduate

I was looking for a bootcamp and I ALMOST landed at GA. (THANKS TO THE DEVELOPER GODS I DIDNT!!)

I was searching around wanting to improve my skills and I landed at Sabio! (THANKS TO THE DEVELOPER GODS AGAIN!!!)

THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE

AND WHAT YOU SHOULD  BE REALLY BE AWARE OF!

BEFORE and DURING SABIO –

I had QA experience but 0 Development experience. Sabio trained me to be a Software Engineer!

You learn full stack development (Front, mid, and back end).  (AngularJs, JQuery, Javascript, .net, C#,SQL) + MORE

WHEN I WAS JOB SEARCHING:

The technologies learned at Sabio are the latest and greatest! The skills acquired at Sabio are in really high demand! You get calls for jobs literally every day!

I went through the job process and was given an offer at the end of the month with the help of Sabio! (I actually was on vacation the first two weeks after bootcamp)

WHATS THE JOB MARKET LIKE?

Your chances of landing a job are even higher than other bootcamps!

Sure… React, Node, Ruby on rails are cool but not as much as the ones you learn at Sabio.

Don’t believe me? Search for “React, Node, or Ruby on rails” and juxtapose to “C#, .Net, Jquery or AngularJS” Find out yourself! There are 3X more jobs (if not more) when you search  these.

WHY SABIO?
    It was more cost effective than other bootcamps (They should raise their prices because it’s worth more)

You even get a discount coupon here !

Their instructors are MINIMUM of 10+ years experienced in development (if not more).
    They are there to help you out in person for 40+ hours and when you contact them with questions when you’re at home they are more than willing to help!

It was purposely a smaller class so I could have more attention to all my questions! As a developer now, I can see how hard it would be to have a traditional amount of students in a class.

Their job placement rate is over 90%! (That’s because they don’t count entrepreneurs or people that just wanted to have this as a skill for retirement. Why would they?)

They really care to help you move forward.

They provide assistance in everything! (preparation for course, training, job search)

They are completely honest and have a 5 year program!

IF YOU DECIDE TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE:

Ask how long their instructors have been developing.(They will hire their instructors with 3 years’ experience!) LOL…(Im really not making this up! Go to other bootcamps job fairs and youll see)

Make sure its not only front end. You’re limiting yourself way too much for what you’re paying.

Ask about the job placement rate after bootcamp. (Make sure you are specific in asking  developer or engineer jobs) LOL (Going back to their old job doesn’t count…what would be the purpose of their bootcamp?! haha)

ME:

I’ll forever be grateful.

I would do it again!

Im not saying all of this just to say it. I am looking at the code here and I’m considered better than these developers thanks to SABIO!

YOU:

Theres a reason why you read my whole post. I likely made you realize a thing or two ;)

If you are looking for a bootcamp, I can honestly say Sabio will be the best bet. Watch…..

• Lauren • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

With a prior degree in a non-technical field, I struggled to find a career. But I knew I wanted to code. After extensive research into bootcamps, one immediately outshined the rest in LA/OC.

Why Sabio?

• Learn from seasoned industry professionals
    • Benefit from a student-instructor ratio of 10:1
    • Build an actual product, unique to each cohort
    • Do more hands-on coding, with focused lectures
    • Grow with 5 years of professional development

Above and beyond the relevant technical skills, job onboarding, and one-on-one mentorship, the most valuable gift I received was seeing what can be achieved through believing in one’s self.

My Sabio experience instilled in me the confidence to get my resume out there, go on every single interview, accept an offer, and start a career as a Full Stack Web Developer. Yes, it is worth it.

A million thanks to Gregorio, Liliana, Aaron, John, Jimmy and the entire Sabio community for being the genuine, dedicated, patient, caring, lovely people that they are and for making all of these success stories possible.

• Thank you Sabio!
    - 4/29/2016
    Motohiro Yamada • Software Application Support and Engineer at LA Capital • Graduate

I. My Job Before Sabio: Server at a restaurant.

II. My Job After Sabio: Software Application Support and Engineer at LA Capital

III. Why Sabio:

A. Learn technology that gets you jobs!

1. I learned HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, jQuery, AngularJs, ASP.NET                   MVC, ASP.NET Wep API, C#, SQL Server, T-Sql, etc.

2.  Fact: JavaScript, C#, SQL is in the top 5 of most popular technologies.                         AngularJs came out 2010, but is already in the top 10.                                                         (Source: http://stackoverflow.com/research/developer-survey-2016)

- Gregorio, Lily, & Staff are constantly networking with local companies in LA/OC             to find out appropriate technology to teach.

B. Great Staff!

1. Instructors here have decades of experience! You be the judge, check them out:                 a. Gregorio Rojas: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fierro                                                           b. Aaron Gibson: https://www.linkedin.com/in/devrhino                                                         c. John Darragh: https://www.linkedin.com/in/entrotech

2. Liliana Aide Monge, the co-founder and CEO, does a great job to execute what             Sabio promises.

3. The passion that all the staff shares sets the tone for the successful culture                  at Sabio.

C. Great job assistance!

1. Mock interviews

2. Technical interview preparation lectures

3. Assistance with writing technical resumes

4. Updating LinkedIn Profile (plus Professional Photographer for Profile Picture)

5. Networking with local recruiters

6. Hackathons

7. Meetups

8. Expertise on how to communicate with recruiters and company HRs.

9. Provide Professional References

10. 5 years of mentoring after you graduate.

• Luis • Software Engineer • Graduate

My Background: B.S. Electrical Engineering from UC Davis, Real Estate and some prior programming experience. Current Title: Software Engineer.

Reasons why I think Sabio was my best choice:

BEFORE AND DURING TRAINING
    - Pre-work: 3 months of weekly meetings for pre-work.
    - Real Experience: We did real software development work for a real company which means I had real work experience that I could put in my resume.
    - Work Environment: We worked in a work environment akin to a startup (small group of people, lots of research in Google and Stack Overflow).
    - Relevant curriculum: We used the latest tools, methodologies and technologies that are relevant to the job market today.
    - Selective: Only hard-working, driven, not entitled, not spoon-fed people are allowed into the program. This is the kind of people I enjoy working with.
    - Feedback: Sabio asks for your feedback during and after bootcamp and really listens to your individual needs and goals. I asked my instructor that, because of my prior coding experience, I should be given more challenging tasks, and sure enough I was given those.
    - Entrepreneurship: Sabio has support for people who are looking for a job but also for people who later decide to go on business by themselves.
    - Soft-Skills: daily stand-up meetings, collaboration, pair programming, mock interviews, etc.

The above reasons were enough for my decision to join Sabio. However, there is much more, which made it a no-brainer to join.

AFTER TRAINING
    - Professional Development Sessions: Meetings to learn more advanced CS topics for advancing your career. Head of React at Facebook joining us for a Q&A session at Sabio HQ.
    - Hackathons: Never attended one but would like to someday.
    - Networking: recruiters, industry players, my own cohort and other cohorts.
    - Industry Research: The leadership team is constantly researching what are the most relevant things to learn so we can focus on that.
    - Recruiters: A month after graduation I got a job through a recruiter introduced by Sabio.
    - None of the graduates are hired back by Sabio.
    - Community: Thankful graduates hang out in the chat room and help each other out with questions from work, questions from students in session, give job leads, etc.
    - 5 years mentorship program
    - Sabio says they are not done with you until you are making 6 figures: I believe this will happen sooner rather than later.
    - I was overwhelmed with calls from employers, recruiters, and interviews. Sometimes I had 2 on-site interviews in one day. I even had the luxury to cancel one of my on-site interviews. I never had so many interviews. This is my highest salary ever. Most of the positions I interviewed for were actually senior positions and I think I did fairly well on those.

If you are planning to attend a bootcamp in SoCal, then look no further. Sabio will give you the absolute best return on your money, and then some.

• Tammi • Software Developer • Graduate

Prior to Sabio, my professional background was primarily in digital marketing reporting and analytics. I had dabbled a bit with SQL and R and got a taste for how powerful programming can be. In September, I learned that my entire team (myself included) was being laid off at the end of the year. I'd been there almost 8 years and this led me to seriously consider attending a coding bootcamp to finally make a change. I researched several in Orange County then came across Sabio. I met with Liliana and Gregorio in Culver City and knew I'd be hard pressed to find a better program.

What really stood out to me about Sabio:

• They offer several weeks of in-person pre-work sessions which helped establish a solid foundation prior to the 12 week 60-70 hrs/week intensive program
    • Small cohort size - no more than 10 in any given cohort
    • Experience working on a real project for a real company and essentially working as a real development team during the 12 week intensive program
    • 5 years of continued professional development beyond graduation, which is an added bonus as I aim to continue to learn and grow in my career.

When I learned that they would soon be starting a cohort in Newport Beach, my decision was made as I was really reluctant to battle with the 405 for 3 hours a day :)

I was very fortunate to have Aaron Gibson as my instructor for both the pre-work sessions and the 12 week program. Aaron is one of the most patient, encouraging and hard-working individuals I've had the pleasure of knowing. He's an amazing leader and really helped push my fellow cohort members and I to do our best and keep learning.

I completed the full-stack program at the end of March and just accepted an offer for a Software Developer position at a SaaS company that creates software that insurance companies use. I start Monday and am super excited! Thank you, Sabio!!

• Carlos A2 != CarlosA1 • Full Stack Developer • Graduate

Where do I start, if you are anything like me, you might be going through some online resources right now, you might be doing some free courses or even purchasing some paid online courses, going to youtube, reasearching bootcamps, going to different meetings, day dreaming at your current job or whatever place you are, about what you can become or where you want to be. Then you meet Liliana and Gregorio, down to earth, honest people, who will tell you where you are and where you can be as long as you are willing to walk the walk. Then your first day comes, you are excited, you think to yoursefl, 'hey, this might not be that hard after all... then boom, the harsh truth kicks in.

Don't come in thinking this is going to be a easy, don't come in thinking you won't be challenged and certainly don't come in thinking someone will be holding your hand through out this process.

By that one bad review I can tell you, If you are that sort of person who wants everything to be handed out to you, then this boot camp will not work for you. Why? because here you will have to think, you will have to reason, you will have to make an effort. What's that old saying about giving you the fish or teaching you how to fish? That could have been something Gregorio wrote a long time ago.

This guy will push you to your limits, he will show you what you are capable of and will be constantly challenging you to be who you want to be. Will he be hard on you? yes, will he help you? yes. Read the reviews, it is NOT a lie, Sabio will change your life and you know what the best part is? It will be 40% Sabio, 40% YOU and 20% your cohort.

Which brings me to that point, your cohort, I love my cohort, this guys will stand beside you no matter what issues you are having understanding, I doubt that is any different in any other cohort. You get to meet people with the same mindset as you and that truly makes it part of your family.

No review out there will make justice to what you experience there, nothing you can hear, read, watch, research, will give you an exact idea of what is to be part of Sabio. It's an experience you have to go through to understand what it is to be a Sabio fellow. And you know what, I dare ANYONE out there to challenge a Sabio fellow, they'll be in for a treat.

Sabio is not a school, Sabio is not a boot camp, Sabio is a set of mind, a door to a better you. It's hard, but you are never alone, ever, and that makes this worth it. This is not a gamble, they have a plan, they know what their doing and are more than happy to show you the way to a new you.

Oh and I guess if you are like me you want to know how long did it take me to get an offer; 2 weeks after graduation I received my first contract and I'm not even counting a few other offers that I did not take due to personal reasons.

Saying thank you is not enough, I'm going to have to create an algorithm to try to convey what I feel about Sabio but hey, you know what?...now I can.

"Just Do It"

• Peiyu • Graduate

Before I chose Sabio, I had been to other bootcamps' info sessions. I was looking for a place that takes me seriously, provides interesting learning environment, and last but not the least, trains me to be an experienced developer, which means my skill sets need to be validated and accepted by an employer after I complete the program. Now that I have completed the program and got several job offers within a month, I can assure you Sabio meets all my requirements and gave me more than what I expected.

There are many things I can write here regarding how much I enjoyed learning coding at Sabio, but I will try to keep my points short so you have an idea of what other things you will get BESIDES STRONG CODING SKILLS.

Porblem Solving Skill: Throughout the program, I learnt not only straight forward coding skills like c#, .NET MVC, JavaScript, AngularJS, etc., but also problem solving skills. Some of the interviewers I met were more interested in my problem solving skills than in my actual coding skills (Well, I guess my Github code sample has showed them my coding ability.) At Sabio, instructors don't spoon feed you answers to problems you have; instead, they spend longer time teaching you essential debugging skills and make YOU the problem solver. Obviously, it is a lot harder to train your problem solving skills than just giving your the answer and you will benefit significantly in the long run by acquiring that skill!!

Motivation: The program is a little intensive, but it is SO rewarding. Of all the people I met here, I have not seen anyone who was bored or under-motivated. Everyone comes here in the morning pumped up and ready to work on a specific functionality of an application. I have had bootcamp tryout sessions else where, and they really bored me and made me feel like coding is such a hard thing to learn. Well, HERE it is simple and fun. Guaranteed. Been a student at USC and at Sabio, I see that good instructors share one special quality: they make things easier to comprehend and interesting to hold your attention, of which I really appreciate.

Confidence: Being a software developer who can jump into lines of code and solve the problems will boost anyone's confidence. After you go through this program, if you look at a website or phone application and see a certain functionality isn't working, you would most likely know where to check inside the code. From my experience, it feels awesome to know what I am capable of doing to make things better. For example, when I was applying for jobs, I noticed that many job-seeking websites change the format of your resume and often times, your full position title from your past experience is altered and education information is gone. It gives your employer a hard time to skim through your background and make wise decisions based on that impression of you. It could be a formatting design choice or the LinkedIn API was not correctly implemented. Either way, some thing can be improved. Consequently, I’m starting my own side project of creating a resume builder, hoping to create an optimized tool to build people’s resume.

Conclusion:

Throughout my time here, I am thankful for everything I learnt here. You can probably tell how much I appreciate this place by seeing how long this review is (I’ve never written a review this long.) I genuinely hope you have the opportunity to join Sabio and start your fabulous career as a developer too!

Sabio Outcomes

Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 39 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.