byte-academy-logo

Byte Academy

Bangalore, Houston, New York City, New York City, Online, Singapore

Byte Academy

Byte Academy is an industry-focused coding school with remote and onsite courses in New York City and Bangalore, India. Its offerings include Full Stack Python development, FinTech (financial technology), Data Science, Blockchain and Quant-Algos. Full-time onsite programs consist of 14 weeks; part-time programs are 24 weeks, 2 evenings per week and remote courses have flexible scheduling options. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.

Byte Academy is one of the few dedicated FinTech bootcamps, which includes a blockchain curriculum. The curriculum in Byte Academy's full stack Python program includes JavaScript and front-end languages so that students are equipped to build full web applications.

Curricula for all of Byte Academy's courses are project-heavy with a strong emphasis on teamwork, career services and job placement, including a Tuition-Refund Program.

Recent Byte Academy Reviews: Rating 3.96

all (70) reviews for Byte Academy →

Recent Byte Academy News

Read all (16) articles about Byte Academy →
  • Blockchain (Part-Time)

LocationBangalore
    Featured in Bloomberg, Byte Academy's blockchain program is available in Full-Time (14 week), Part-Time (24 weeks/2 evenings per week) and full-time summer (8, 12, 14 week) options. The course is in conjunction with Byte's core fullstack software development curriculum, particularly Python and JavaScript, so that students will be able to develop blockchain web applications by the time they graduate. Sections of the course include: blockchain platforms, keys and addresses, cryptocurrency, assets and tokenization, smart contracts and development, solidity, dAPPs (decentralized applications), regulatory environment, security, trustless networks and more. Ethereum, Bitcoin, Stellar and other blockchains will be covered. Students will create their own cryptocurrency and build their own blockchain. For details and full list of topics please see http://byteacademy.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Blockchain-Syllabus-3.18.pdf
    Available through Climb CreditPlease contact info@byteacademy.co regarding financial aid.
    Tuition PlansFinancing options available
    Minimum Skill LevelNo programming background is required but there will be an interview and assessment.
    Prep WorkOnline pre-work (www.bytedev.co)
  • Data Science (Full-Time)

LocationNew York City
    Our Data Science Bootcamp teaches important Data Science Concepts together with full stack development utilizing Python as the programming language. Technology instruction covers basic data structures and algorithms, object oriented programming concepts, Python, and JavaScript. Students will work on a number of data science projects including a final project in their area of interest.
    Deposit$500 refundable deposit to secure your spot.
    Available through Climb CreditGet pre-approved for a loan

Tuition PlansIncome sharing agreements (ISAs) available. Pay a small amount upfront & the rest when you get a job.
    ScholarshipWomen and Veterans scholarships (Houston)
  • FinTech (Part-Time)

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Django, CSS, Front End, SQL, Python
    LocationBangalore
    Our Part-Time Fintech 24 week program teaches full stack development and introduces students to basic concepts across several areas of finance. Technology instruction covers basic data structures and algorithms, object oriented programming concepts, Python, and JavaScript. Finance instruction covers an introduction to Fixed Income Markets, Equity Valuation, Options, Futures and Swaps, and Asset Management. Please see www.byteacademy.co for more information.
    DepositINR 5000
    Offered on an individual basis. Please contact info.in@byteacademy.co for more information.
    Prep Work4 weeks of prep-work
  • Full Stack Python Bootcamp (Full-Time)

LocationOnline, Bangalore, New York City
    Our software development course teaches languages, frameworks, and computer science fundamentals that you need to land a career in web development over a 14 (full-time) or 24 week (part-time) period. The curriculum places heavy emphasis on teamwork, peer programming, and projects to showcase to employers. Curriculum emphasizes Python, a coding language based on the foundational structure of networked programming. We provide instruction in other front and backend languages including JavaScript, HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3. Career services, such as instruction in public speaking, resume review, self branding and hiring events are woven into the program and provided for life. Some students also do their assigned projects for real employers. Students may choose an industry focus as part of the bootcamp. Popular concentrations include finance, blockchain and medicine

Tuition PlansIncome sharing agreements (ISA) available to pay only $500 upfront
    ScholarshipAvailable for Women & Veterans
    Prep Work4 weeks of prep-work
  • Full Stack Python Bootcamp (Part-Time)

LocationNew York City
    Our Python Bootcamp teaches full stack development utilizing Python as the programming language. Technology instruction covers basic data structures and algorithms, object oriented programming concepts, Python, and JavaScript. Students are encouraged to work on final projects in their area of interest Students may choose an industry focus such as finance, blockchain or medicine during the program.

Tuition PlansPay only $500 upfront with income sharing agreements
    Refund / GuaranteeTuition refund if not hired within 6 months of graduation
    Scholarship$1000 to Promote Women In Technology & Veterans
  • Python Foundation

Linux, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Algorithms, Python
    LocationNew York City
    Python Foundation part-time introductory course teaches fundamentals of Python, the highest paid coding language for recent bootcamp grads.* No pre-requisites are required. If you want to continue learning, you will have the skillset to begin Python Fullstack, FinTech or Blockchain bootcamps. The Foundation Course cost would apply to tuition provided you pass the final assessment. Sample topics: - Introduction to Software Engineering in the Python Programming Language including variables, data structures and more - Fundamentals of Writing Software and System Operation including working in Linux, MacOS or Windows; Git, GitHub and Best Practices - Computer Science including introduction to algorithms and “Big O” notation There will be project work and a skill assessment at the end. For more course details, please see https://byteacademy.co/courses/python-foundation/
    DepositNone
    Tuition PlansIf you decide to take the more immersive bootcamp programs, the Python Foundation cost would apply to your tuition.
    Minimum Skill LevelFor beginners
    Prep WorkNo prep work.

• $300 Byte Academy India Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Byte Academy scholarship for $300 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants to Byte Academy. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.  Scholarship is only valid for full-time courses.

• Data Science (Full-Time) (Bangalore)
    • Full Stack Python Bootcamp (Full-Time) (Bangalore)

• best to study
    - 4/16/2018
    N.H • Graduate

Really good cohorts and instructors and staffs.
    It is in the heart of Manhattan but very quiet. It's so good place to concentrate to the programing because is in an beautiful office building.

Selected and small cohort sizes was great for me. I could ask instructors and cohorts whenever I wanted to ask questions.They told me fun and importance of data science and are now my best friends.

I really appriciate byte family.

I think contents is not so different wherever you learn, what is importance is its enviroment and cohorts to learn with.So the byte will be one of the best place.

• Intro to Python
    - 8/20/2020
    Adrian Heredia  User Photo
    Adrian Heredia • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Anton, one of the teachers here was amazing. He really went out of his way to ensure we were getting all the information. He left room for questions and really helped explain anything not understood by any of the students, by examples and y showing us the code. Thank you so much for the great experience.
  • Chase Ahn  User Photo
    Chase Ahn • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Byte Academy helped me transition from Video Producer to Software Developer in a matter of months. The coursework can be demanding (I spent a lot of time outside of school) but you get what you put in. The teaching staff is excellent, caring, and overall a great group of people that geniuinely care about your interests.

Coming from a non-coding background, I was concerned about my abiltiy to pick up the coursework but Byte's circulum is well structured and the staff is so incredibly supportive. I truly felt like I was joining a family and not a bootcamp.

There is only so much time I had during my time at Byte, but I am amazed at how much I was able to pick up. I would highly reccommend to anyone who is interested in learning python.

- 3/25/2019
    Gabriel Tan  User Photo
    Gabriel Tan • Director • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I decided to make a career change and go from finance to tech, but I knew it was going to be a diffifult transition given my lack of programming experience. With the myriad of options in NYC, I am happy to say that I made the correct decision with Byte Academy. The fintech-focused curriculum complimented my finanical background and most importantly gave me the confidence and ability to go beyond just learning Python.

I started in the foundation class and continued through the full-stack curriculum. It was definitely difficult, but as long as you keep up with the work, you will be pleasantly surprised with all your progress and how much knowledge you amass in several months. I can now confidently say that I am full-stack developer who can create applications in Python, JavaScript, and React.

I recommend this course to those who are willing to put in the work and are ready for a change in their career path.

• Gregory Smith  User Photo
    Gregory Smith • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Two friends recommended I attend a bootcamp to learn to code, and so I knew what to expect in terms of work and time going in. Even then, the course was challenging enough that I spent pretty much all my time learning for 14 weeks.

If you stay on top of the work, the Fullstack Immersive will take up a lot of time but I'd expect most people to keep up. I learned a tremendous amount over the 14 weeks, enough to give me confidence in my abilities with Python specifically, but also in learning new languages and frameworks not covered in the course. I don't always use Python on a day-to-day basis, so the most important skill I learned was probably comfort jumping into entirely new languages or design patterns without feeling lost, and then learning them quickly.

I'd recommend Byte's Fullstack Immersive to anyone willing to put in the time, but know that it needs to be your priority the entire time or you might risk getting behind.

• Michael Bloom  User Photo
    Michael Bloom • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you want to learn how to learn how to be an efficient computer programmer this is the place for you.  If you put in work before and after school hours, and on weekends, you will learn what you came to learn as you get out of it what you put into it.  If you expect to come in here from 10-5, 5 days a week for 14 weeks and leave being proficient in Python / computer programming just because you walked in the door, you are highly mistaken.

I came into this course with absolutely zero computer programming knowledge.  Because of this I felt "behind" the rest of my cohort and even with working 24/7 7 days a week (with the exception of sleep) I just wish I could have taken what Byte Academy now offers, which is a pre-bootcamp course for those of you with zero experience like myself.  If you have taken a CS course, or have experience, you should be good to go.

The instructors are amazing. Kenso was my instructor and he is literally a genius.  Since my recent graduation they already added on a couple TA's and another full-time instructor I believe.  The school is growing and I think it is way overdue.  If fancy looking hallways and expensive expresso machines are important to you, I would look elsewhere.  If you want to learn and surround yourself with other likeminded people, make learning your number one priority for 14 weeks, trust the program, trust your instructors and believe in yourself, Byte Academy is a great place to do it.

Jenna is great at the job hunt as there is an excellent but demanding set of guidelines to follow.  Honestly though, if you have been in the job searching market, you know looking for a job is a job in itself so I guess this is expected.  Emily and the rest of the staff have connections all over the country, even in some parts of the world.  They host meet-ups, promote others, and do specialize in FinTech.  In my cohort, half the class had no interest in finance and that didn't matter whatsoever...they are still employed now. I believe everyone in my cohort is employed now in one way or another.  I got an internship I wanted dirtectly through connections from the school.

If you are wanting to change up your career, get a jumpstart, or even just enhance your skills, I would highly suggest sacrificing a few months and be dedicated to learn, study, and work hard to achieve your goals.

• Karthik Ravindhra  User Photo
    Karthik Ravindhra • Student Verified via GitHub

When I started looking for classes for data science, I could find many with varied syllabus, none to my satisfaction of what I wanted to learn as core. It was by pure chance I found Byte Academy as they don't have a strong online presence. Also when I started exploring, I couldn't find ANY reviews about Bangalore Centre. But since they had an impressive syllabus, I took a leap of faith.

Foundation - Beginner and Intermediate Python:
    I joined Foundation Course as I am a total fresher to programming. It is a 4week programme with 2hrs of class 5days a week. The aim is to bring up to a level to cope up with the Full Time programme which we were told is going to be rigorous. Instructor Kapil was young but well experienced and himself a Data Science practitioner. He is very structured in the way he proceeded with each session. Though the instruction was for 2hrs, it kept us occupied for the entire day with assignments. Since the batch was small, the instructor could understand the strength and weakness of each student and guide us accordingly. Patience was his greatest asset and that’s what is most required in a beginner batch when people are fresh into programming.

Data Science - Full Time:
    Phase 1 - Advanced Python:
    Since day 1, we started feeling the heat of boot camp. The learning curve was steep and directly entered into advanced python. Assignments were heavy and a lot of things need to be explored on your own. Though Instructor Uday is not from Computer Science background, that doesn't deter him from teaching what you required to succeed. At times, I even doubted his ability and the take-back of whole programme. It will all become clear only during the time of phase-1 end assessment. A fairly thorough (difficult) test of your knowledge and proof of how much the instructor has trained you for this very thing with practice problems every single day. That was the time my faith about him and my judgement to come here got restored completely.

Phase 2 - Core Data Science:
    You will see a different side of Uday. By education and training he is a statistician and that’s what Data Science is all about and all you need. The amount of knowledge he has in the field just amazes me. He never gets tired of explaining the same concepts again and again until you get it right. Few times, which rarely came, if he didn't know the thing you asked him about, he will sit through it and come back with an answer rather than try to avoid the question entirely. He is very much approachable and friendly.

On the whole, I recommend Byte Academy and this boot-camp style programme to people who have time and rigor to put a little more effort to cope up with the instruction given.

• Deepika Velusamy  User Photo
    Deepika Velusamy • Student Verified via GitHub

This boot camp helps me to understand python in detail and grew my insight in computer programs. The instructors are great and very much helpful in all ways possible.

• Sanoj Mathew  User Photo
    Sanoj Mathew • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have attended the Python Fullstack course from Byte Academy. Unlike the other training institutes that provide, just the theory about the language, which simply puts us in a fix on not knowing how to handle it, Byte provides a full hands-on curriculum on Python. The assessments and projects, done at Byte is challenging and informative

• Jithin J Kumar  User Photo
    Jithin J Kumar • Offshore Account Manager at Ernst and Young (Previously) • Student Verified via GitHub

Disclosure :- I'm a byte student attending Data Science with Python Bootcamp(as on April, 2018), here in Bangalore (India). I'm kind of at the half way stage.

It's been a great experience for the past one month. My expectations were high when i joined Byte after reading through all the reviews about NY campus and i have to admit that i'm happy with my decision to partner with Byte academy (Bangalore) for assistance in my journey to become a data scientist. The teaching style, the pace set by the instructor, the modules that are being covered, the assignments that are being provided are upto my expectation. I've just completed the first phase evaluation and thanx to our amazing instructor, i'm now comfortable with Python. I had very limited knowledge in Python (or any programming language) as i was working with MS Excel as an account manager before.( a whole different area)

Its a bootcamp.! So the pace at which topics are being covered is fast and a lot of hardwork /homework is required to catch up. This was something i expected and i was not disappointed. I've just started with the second phase of bootcamp and as expected it is even more homework / hard work. So yes.. If anyone is looking for a learning experience with minimal distraction and willing to work hard, i would suggest Byte Academy.

I shall definintely update this review once i complete the Bootcamp successfully (I've not looked into the job assistance part as of now, however i would definietly include something about it once i'm happy with the assitance i get)

Pros:

• Good Wifi,
    • Free coffee,
    • Good Learning Atmosphere,
    • Great Instructor.

Cons / Areas where i felt Byte Academy could improve.

• Small Cohort Size (could be considered advantage),
    • Saturdays or sundays academy could be kept open for students.
    • A small library with necessary books could be an investment for the future.

• On Byte
    - 1/19/2017
    Kenso  User Photo
    Kenso • Graduate Verified via GitHub

A childhood friend of mine told me that he was planning on attending Byte, in July (2016), and I decided to check the place out. I'll never forget how much Tom, an instructor at the time, and Kai, the head of admissions, didn't try to sell me on enrollment. It's kind of hard to explain, but it was like they were indifferent as to whether or not I ended up going, and that's -- perhaps counterintuitively-- what sold me.

I can't remember exactly when this was (it's mid-January, now), but I remember not doing much of the pre-course work. My friend was on top of it, from the start, but I thought that the bootcamp was going to be more or less of a cake-walk because I was developing websites with WordPress / managing my own servers, for a few years before I attended. I ended up paying for it the first month; if there's any advice I have to offer it's: 1) choose Byte and 2) do the pre-work.

I touched on Rak and Cody (my fin. and tech. instructors, respectively) in a review on Byte's website, but I'll mention them, here, too; if I had to choose one phrase to sum both of them up it'd be: "world class." I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I've been through a myriad of educational experiences (attending boarding school in South Korea, conducting research sponsored by General Electric, etc.) and this-- by far and away-- was the best educational experience of my life.

That's not to say that it isn't grueling. The first month can be a dog. I thought that I'd be the big-swinging-dick at Byte when I first signed up because of my experience developing WordPress themes and plugins, but I was leagues behind my peers for the entirety of the first month (en serio: do the pre-work). I think, in retrospect, that I thought that the rest of my cohort would be a bunch of chumps, but, as it turned out, every person in my cohort ended up having a work history that'd make your dick shrivel (investment banker at Credit Suisse, cryptolinguist at the National Security Agency, etc.) and, in my opinion, there's nothing better-- whether you're trying to become a better athlete or a better programmer-- than to be surrounded by your betters.

I wasn't on the struggle bus forever, either. I ended up getting an open-source project off the ground and speaking to a bunch of people about it at DigitalOcean's headquarters. It's still pretty small, but I feel like it's one of happening things at the crossroads of financial technology and we've even had the C.E.O. of Investopedia come by Byte, as part of the project's speaker series, to talk about his experiences in the industry. The project actually shares the name of a WordPress-based project that I demo-ed at DisruptNY's hackathon in 2015, and in a strange way, I feel like something about this anecdote sums up my opinion of Byte; it's something like a bridge: between what was and what could be.

It's a weird thing, to look back, you know? I mean, I read every single review on Course Report, and every other website that I could find, before I took the leap. I was hungry, man. I was fucking rabid. I don't even know what this means, but I wanted "to know."

I took a moment to re-read what I'd written and the album "Is This It" came to mind. I was about to plug my headphones into my laptop and pull it up on Spotify, but I started to think about why the album came to mind in the first place as I reflected on what I meant when I wrote "I wanted 'to know'" I realized that that's exactly what I was asking myself right around the time in my life when my friend told me that he was going to go to Byte. You've really got to look inward before you take the leap. Three months can seem like a long time if you aren't ready for a lot of change, but if you're right head-space: it'll go by in the blink of an eye.

- 8/21/2020
    John • Student
    I took the intro to Python course and it was fantastic. It gives you the basics to pick up the hard skills that are required in the python language. Greg (lead instructor for full-stack dev) was a fantastic instructor who is very passionate about showing multiple sides of the concepts and problems. He also helped throughout the course on the challenge problems which was FANTASTIC despite the class being a free intro course. Also, Kai (head of admissions) was very helpful in providing the information you need and she is very passionate about helping potential students on the python journey.  Although everything was solid, I would be more interested in seeing more challenging problems that are generally harder for concept learning. But again, this might be overkill for many people since many of the students are generally new to coding and this was an intro course. I will recommend to anyone interested in stepping onto the python language to take this class. This was awesome learning immersive with a $0 price tag. You MUST take this class if you are willing to LEARN in the changing industry environment where python language is becoming a MINIMUM (on top of your excel jockey skills)!