The July News Roundup is your monthly news digest full of the most interesting articles and announcements in the coding bootcamp space. Want your bootcamp's news to be included in the next News Roundup? Submit announcements of new courses, scholarships, or open jobs at your school!
This Week's Student Spotlights
- Rose Kohn on her first month at Turing School.
- Fehim Hatipoglu on his real-world project during The App Academy in Amsterdam.
- Yulia Barannikova, the first female graduate of FinTech bootcamp Byte Academy.
- Business Insider highlights Galvanize and mentorship as keys to this student's success.
- The New York Times attributes career changers' success to coding bootcamps.
- NPR's On Point invites guests to ponder the role of bootcamps in job readiness.
- ChicagoInno takes us through a Day in the Life of a Dev Bootcamper.
- Affirm expands into coding bootcamp loans, partnering with Bloc, General Assembly, and more via Wired.
- Bootcamps may experiment with Pell Grants via Marketplace.
- The White House hosted a summit to consider Title IX via InsideHigherEd.
- Florida code school Wyncode announced $75,000 in scholarships for residents from low-income neighborhoods via Biz Journals.
- Independent Tech Coding Schools are Helping Silicon Valley with It's Race Problem
- Save your spot at our free webinar on Wednesday about Racial Diversity in Coding Bootcamps. Telegraph Academy, Turing, Startup Institute, and Sabio will join the panel!
- Turing School announced $4000 scholarships for all underrepresented groups in technology.
New Code Schools In Our Directory
- Montana Code School opens doors in Missoula.
- Operation Spark is a Hack Reactor partnership in New Orleans.
- Code Builders is a 9-month, apprenticeship-style program in Seattle.
- Data Science Retreat offers 3-month bootcamps in Berlin.
- Startup Ignition is an entrepreneur bootcamp in Provo, UT.
- Code Clan is Scotland's first bootcamp, and DevSchool is Guatemala's first.
Have a great August!