startup-ignition-logo

Startup Ignition

Provo

Startup Ignition

Startup Ignition is a 13-week entrepreneur bootcamp located in Provo, Utah. The bootcamp is part-time "after hours," offered in the evening 2 nights per week. The course is divided into 4 weeks of in-class instruction, followed by 8 weeks of real-world application, and a final week of in-class follow-up and review. Topics covered include validation, scaling, finance, and building a lean startup. Tuition is $2500.

Recent Startup Ignition Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (7) reviews for Startup Ignition →

Recent Startup Ignition News

• David Spencer  User Photo
    David Spencer • Co-founder and CEO at Woobie • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before coming to Startup ignition I'd worked in two private equity shops, founded multiple businesses, participated in a 3-month startup accelerator, and completed a year of my MBA.  While not everything was new - I'd had experience or education in almost all the covered material - the delivery of the content created a functioning body of knowledge with the connective tissue of context where before I had just major muscle groups of hard skills.  Said another way, attending John's firehose helped me get organized and prioritize the parts of my plan that I need to focus on first.  If you are a technical founder with little background in finance or marketing, you'll need to make sure you take the pre-course prep work seriously.  If you don't learn something about entrepreneurship - and yourself - during the course, it is because you were not trying.
  • Allison Roberts  User Photo
    Allison Roberts • CEO • Verified via LinkedIn
    Startup Ignition completely changed the course of my business. Before taking this course, it felt like we were shooting in the dark. After taking this course, we started making some serious progress and learned how to create, track, and show our progress. I shudder to think where my business would be had I not taken this course. 10/10 recommend
  • Phil Kirkeiner  User Photo
    Phil Kirkeiner • CEO & Founder of Baton • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have taken Startup Ignition twice now - once when I founded the business, and again just last month once I had more traction. Gotta say, John Richards and all of the instructors have a deep, complete understanding of Lean Startup methodology, backed up with countless real life examples of entrepreneurs they have personally mentored, invested in, watched succeed, seen fail, and everything in between. You will not regret the enormously SMALL investment in this course that will literally save you thousands of hours and millions of dollars over the course of your business' journey. It has my 100% recommendation, now go take it.
  • Jeremy Rios • Graduate
    Incredible crash course into entrepreneurship. Startup ignition teaches you the right way to start a business and how to avoid so many common pitfalls. It’s a must-take course for anyone wanting to start a business. John Richards takes care of his students and has helped me out numerous times post-graduation.
  • Robby Myers • Graduate
    Startup ignition saved me from investing $30,000 of my own money into an idea that was ready to be started yet. You learn how to evaluate an idea, validate it with your potential customers, and then move quickly once you are validated. John and the other mentors do an amazing job helping you know what being an entrepreneur is going to be like. The content and provided resources are really excellent and modern, however the best value in my opinion is the network of other founders, mentors and investors that you gain. Especially if you are a first time founder, taking this course is a MUST.
  • Devereaux Smith • Founder/President • Graduate

I RECOMMEND THIS COURSE FOR EVERYONE!

It is A MUST take for anyone serious about achieving their ideas and dreams be it via a career path or entrepreneurial path.

Don't think, just take this course. It will be the best self/career investment you make. Even if you are not wanting to start your own business, you will benefit from this course. Plan to exit this course with a new way of looking at life; a dynamic skill to identify, evaluate, and execute opportunities; tools to produce money; a network to the most influential individuals in Utah, and a resilient self-confidence that will get you were you want to go.

I have spent years in formal education, pursuing multiple degrees including a bachelors in Entrepreneurship, along with participating in diverse entrepreneurial ventures to know what I could have easily gained out of Startup Ignition. I wish Startup Ignition had been around 15 years ago to save me hundreds of thousands in education and profit me hundreds of thousand in revenue and time having fun.

So what exactly does Startup Ignition do? The course properly opens your mind and shifts your thinking. You begin to see opportunities (problems, pains, gaps), evaluate them (profitability of creating a solution), and effectively execute (make money) without even thinking that you're doing it. The associative skills to that mindset are seeded if not adequately matured for harvest; including questioning, listening, negotiating, collaborating, and selling.

• Brandon H. • Founder & CEO • Graduate

This course has exceeded my expectations. The personal connection you get with John Richards alone is worth far more than what the course costs. Before taking Startup Ignition I've been the owner of a startup for a little over a year. I went into the course with a completely open mind and learned a ton. I have easily already saved more than $10,000 in potential mistakes from what I've learned throughout Startup Ignition. I can't recommend this course enough to anybody who is thinking about starting a business or is already in the early stages of a startup.