wcoding-logo

WCoding

Seoul

WCoding

WCoding offers a 12-week intensive coding bootcamp, as well as 4-week intensive or part-time coding courses in Seoul, Korea. The classes cover topics like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Java, PHP, C#, libraries, frameworks, and project experiences with a team. WCoding teaches a range of computer languages that will prepare students for careers in coding. The 12-week program is a Foreigner Package designed for English speaking visitors to Korea, and the shorter courses are taught in Korean. Students can learn both front end and back end programming. The co-founders and instructors at WCoding are people with experience in the tech industry. All instructors are on-site and available to interact with students. The school also offers free technical English lessons for students who need extra language support.

To sign up for the 12-week Foreigner Package, applicants need to complete an online form and pay a deposit. No experience is required for that course. The 4-week classes have various levels to help students decide which is best for them based on their prior experience. To register, students need to transfer tuition to WCoding or pay on site before classes start. There is no formal application process. WCoding offers tuition discounts for certain classes if students are the first, second, or third to sign up. The materials needed for class are a laptop, a pen, and paper.

WCoding states that they want Korea to be a leader in the computer coding industry.  The goal of the courses is to teach students what they need to know to be able to get a job as a computer programmer. WCoding helps their students to find jobs in Korea or abroad. They aid students in networking with employers in the hopes that they ultimately obtain careers. In addition, WCoding programs for tourists include Korean lessons and leisure activities.

Recent WCoding Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (6) reviews for WCoding →

Recent WCoding News

• Fullstack Intensive

Cost7,700,000
      LocationSeoul
      A 12-week intensive coding bootcamp covering topics like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, libraries, frameworks, and project experiences with a team. Regardless of your current experience, skill-level, or background, we can provide you with the tools and skills you'll need to become a contributing force to any modern technological organization.
      Deposit160,000 KRW
      Refund / GuaranteeFull refund: 3 Weeks before the class starts 80% refund: Until the end of the first week of class.
    • Python Beginner

Start Date August 10, 2021
      Cost1,000,000
      LocationSeoul
      If you’re interested in such fields as Big Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Game Development, Artificial Intelligence, you are on the right page. Backend Development may not be as visual as frontend development, and may require a bit more math and statistical talent, but nevertheless is a sweet place to be as a programmer.
      August 10, 2021 - Seoul
    • Python Intermediate

Cost1,000,000
      LocationSeoul
      For those who already had basic knowledge of Python and are looking for the next level to upgrade your Python skills, here it is! After completing the intermediate course, you will be much more confident about your backend development skills!
    • Tomas  User Photo
      Tomas • developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had been researching into different coding bootcamps for a while, but living in Korea as an English speaker, I was worried I would have to return to my home country to take a course. However, after some positive word of mouth, I learned about Wcoding and their English classes. The class instructor and administration staff were all fluent in English, which made everything a lot more comfortable for me. They were very helpful and responsive whenever I had any questions.

The course itself was the perfect fit for me. The smaller class size meant I was able to form a great relationship with my fellow students and the instructor. If I ever struggled with a concept I felt very comfortable asking for help and clarification. The instructor was young, kind, enthusiastic, and encouraging.

The technology taught was perfect for a beginner. It provides students with a solid foundation with which to build upon and develop their skills further.  Programming can be a vast and overwhelming topic to someone just starting out, but thanks to the bootcamp I was given excellent guidance. Before studying at Wcoding I really didn't know where to start, but thanks to the great course structure I was soon put on the right path.
    • That was great !
      - 6/4/2021
      Alexis • Graduate
      3 years ago i had a first experience with Wcoding by joining their Python night class. Which was good already but, since then the environment changed a lot. So much improvement.

So i started this batch with a bit of basics which i picked up during the python class. I bet this helped me a little, but definitely not needed to join the bootcamp.

We started for the first 2 weeks with some Html/Css trying to reproduce to small website, then we moved on with Javascript and Php.
      During Javascript/ Php we were assigned a small project to work on after the class to keep practicing and improve our skill ( html/css)

What i liked the most, is the fact that i knew what i would learn on the day, cause we were assigned some small reading homework, so that the next day we already had an overview of the coming class. Then the Teacher was going through the homework and added more information and also demonstrating it which made the learning process way simpler.
      And of course after the presentation we had to solve some problems or build small projects to apply what we just learned.

At the end with the others students, we had to create a final project, we had to put all together what we learned along the journey to build it and that was so cool, already to see the progress we all made by comparing what we were building at first and then now. That was like "woooowwwww" haha

Couldn't leave without giving a word to our Teacher. We can see that she has experience in programing and also in teaching by making some complicated concept very easy to understand.

• Min • Student
       Although I didn’t get to finish the bootcamp curriculum at Wcoding, I still feel like I had an opportunity to learn a lot about web development in the month I spent there.
      The marketing team at Wcoding played a major role in helping me in my learning. Kyle and Judy were especially helpful in coordinating the course between the students and the instructors. Kyle even went a step further by pairing me with one of their developers, who offered to mentor me weekly on a one on one basis, outside of class hours.
      I also really liked how convenient it was for me to get to their campus, as they are located near central Seoul on Line 1. The campus is located in a very interesting area with nice cafes and restaurants nearby. I definitely enjoyed spending my time around the area, even after class hours.
      One drawback of Wcoding for me was the major communication issues between the students and the main instructor, on both personal levels and in the scope of learning. Without getting into the details, I would say the issues in my communication with my professor was one of the main reasons I had to leave the boot camp early.
      Another issue I encountered at the boot camp was in the functionality of the curriculum. Since their bootcamp accepts anyone into their program, regardless of one’s educational or technical background, I noticed there was a huge discrepancy in the level of different students’ coding skills. This made the whole learning experience not as functional. Oftentimes I felt like the instructor would casually loop through a topic without going into much detail on each concept, just because the majority of students already had some sort of background in coding.
      This might have been a personally driven conclusion, since I know that every batch hosts students from different backgrounds. So I also understand that every batch would have a different course pace. However, I still think that there was clearly a lack of foundational explanation provided by the instructor. For example, the instructor was not even able to introduce different data types when we were first being introduced to JavaScript fundamentals. Fundamental concepts like boolean,number, and string types were skimped over, whereas even the online tutorials would go into these concepts.
      Towards the end of my journey at Wcoding, I just wasn’t able to catch up with their course pace. Therefore, I ended up unfortunately making a decision to terminate my learning early. Overall, I had a positive experience at Wcoding because I was able to learn some basic programming. Now I’m ready to be a self taught programmer! Thank you Wcoding and all the best luck in the future!
    • Eunhye • Graduate
      I completed the Full-Stack Intensive course at Wcoding this year from January to March. I'd considered a number of different options to get my foot in the door to software development, like online courses and other popular bootcamps. Wcoding stood out for me because of their curriculum flexibility and small class size. If you aren't sold by being just another statistic to a lot of the big bootcamps out there, and you genuinely want a more tailored and personal learning experience, I recommend Wcoding. I liked that even though my class was varied in terms of existing knowledge and background, the teacher was still able to challenge us in different ways and further our learning. The final team project was a really good experience for working effectively within a team and creating a fully functioning app from start to finish. Importantly, although you'll get lots of support from the mentors, you'll only get the most out of the course if you take the initiative to push yourself and stay disciplined throughout - as in don't expect to be spoon-fed!
    • phil c • fullstack developer • Graduate
      I think the best thing about wcoding is the team there. go to their site to check the people out your self. Having direct access to people who are so experienced (esp Alex and Marie) was incredibly helpful. They are in Korea but the coding bootcamp's in english which was another plus for me. As an american citizen I was able to get the entire thing done in the span of the 3 visa-free months so it basically felt like I took a travel vacation to become a fullstack developer. I guess the cons are that I had to come back to the states so I couldnt take advantage of the career prep stuff and their network. but I kept in touch with them and they hooked me up with a job at one of the international startups in seoul (there are so many!) so i ended up comig back here.
      Be warned that it definitely isn't the easiest thing you go through. But the small class size and the personal help and the fact that I was traveling a different country made the whole thing a lot of fun.
      I had been interested in coding for a couple years and had tried online courses/self study before I decided to join the wCoding bootcamp. I decided that if I really wanted to change my career path, then I needed to invest more time and effort into studying coding. wCoding was the perfect solution.

Pros:
      - Learned useful coding languages and essential coding skills (much more effective than self studying)
      - Teacher made the abstract concepts understandable and was friendly
      - Worked with a group on a final project
      - Able to network with other coders/developers of all different varieties
      - Secured a coding job within 1 month of graduating
      - The schedule was perfect for me

Cons:
      - Location was far from my house