v-school-logo

V School

V School

V School is an end-to-end career preparation academy for code and design in Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah, with online and in-person, part-time and full-time programs. V School has pioneered an outcomes-optimized education model called Responsive Learning, that moves the goal posts from "graduation" to gainful employment in the industry of study. Each V school program includes dedicated phases of 1) skill acquisition, 2) on the job experience, and 3) career training so that every student with high aptitude and drive is able to transition into a successful career in the tech industry.

Curricula is tailored to the needs of the industry and alumni receive lifetime career support in order to achieve the best outcomes. V School maintains a staff/student ratio of 1:8 to provide a high touch, immersive learning experience. The Web Development program includes MERN stack technology (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js), and front end web development. The Experience Design program includes UX, UI, research, analytics, and current industry tools (Sketch, Figma, and related Adobe programs).

V School believes that learning should be inclusive to be most impactful, and offers a range of education, career, and logistics assistance including housing, transportation, and laptops, as well as income share agreements, internships, and apprenticeships. V School is proud to have their programs approved to accept the G.I. Bill. One third of V School’s staff are veterans, and one third of V School’s students are female. V School is committed to student success and timely job outcomes, and provides students with co-working environments and a community network of tech entrepreneurs and industry-leading staff.

Recent V School Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (56) reviews for V School →

Recent V School News

Read all (17) articles about V School →
  • UX/UI Design

User Experience Design, Design
    OnlineFull Time36 Weeks
    Handcrafted to meet the needs of the industry. You’ll learn the necessary skills, tools, and methods to create meaningful experiences that go far beyond visual design – taking into consideration the user's emotional connection with the product or brand. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to become a flexible, collaborative, effective user experience designer that’ll be ready to one-inch punch any problem that comes your way. Work alongside our outcomes team to build resumes and portfolios, network, and land a meaningful job. We provide lifetime career support and will always be around to assist in growing your career.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansUpfront Payment, Scholarships, Income Share Agreement, Student Loans, G. I. Bill® Approved
    ScholarshipWe've launched $1M community relief fund available to those needing to re-skill for a career in tech. Apply today to receive the $4,000 scholarship toward tuition for our web development and UX/UI design online programs.
  • Web Development

Our Full-Stack JavaScript program has been handcrafted to provide you real-world experience. We've worked with leaders across the globe to ensure that our curriculum is up-to-date and in line with the current and future needs of the industry. This isn’t time-based where you receive a certificate by sitting through hours of curriculum. With mastery-based learning, you will become job-ready and succeed through the program by proving your skills and ability to apply them in a real-world setting. Work alongside our outcomes team to build resumes and portfolios, network, and land a meaningful job. We provide lifetime career support and will always be around to assist in growing your career.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit and Pave
    Prep WorkSchedule call with our admissions team for next steps.

• $500 V School Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive V School scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• UX/UI Design (Online)
    • Web Development (Online)
  • Morgan • Web developer

Coding Campus was a phenomenal experience for me. It blew away the Computer Science and Information Systems classes I had taken.

Python makes it beginner-friendly, but it's also welcoming to more experienced devs. They focused on getting you ready for a job. What they teach is very relevant instead of abstract.

V School's design program was a perfect fit for my needs. I had been looking to make the jump from being a Graphic Designer to become a UX Designer. The curriculum was current and the support was fantastic. Thanks to V School, I doubled my salary when I landed my first UX job.
  • Full stack
    - 5/24/2017
    Anonymous • It officer • Graduate
    I learn frontEnd (javascript-CSS), Backend using nodeJs and we ise mongo DB

Please be aware. This school used to formerly be Coding Campus. Think why a business would need to rebrand. The name and branding may be different but it's still the same people.

Student experience is abyssmall and all they don't offer adequate instructions from a senior source at all. Instructors are just former students who couldn't get a job so they are force to teach to pay back debt.

They have moved location multiple times and have closed down their Provo location. While other bootcamps have flourished, and expanded. This one has been shady and tries to market themselves as someone else who is better.

The Intro course is nothing more than introductory info you can easily find online. I was in both courses. After not getting a job for months and learning anything I couldn't learn online myself, I did research to find out this school was formerly a train wreck that had to rebrand.

Response From: MO of V School
    Title: CMO
    Thursday, Feb 16 2017
    Hey,

Saw your review online and wanted to reach out to you personally.
    I might not have been at V School when you attended, but still feel very passionate about you getting the best service, experience, education possible.

We spend a great deal of our resources / energy making sure that students get exactly what they came to our school to get.

I'd love to chat with you at your earliest connivence.

Figure out what we can do to right this.

All the best,

MO

mo@vschool.io

• Anonymous • Sales Rep • Student

Okay! FIRST, let me say that I have not finished the V School curriculum at this point in time, in fact I just now (45 min ago) paid to reserve my spot in the upcoming August Fullstack Immersive in Provo! I realized after reviewing all the different Bootcamps on CourseReport that NOBODY speaks on the interactions they have had with the schools leading up to signing up! I thought that was crazy since it's really a HUGE part of the process right?? So if you're looking for some incredible story about how I went from Applebees's to Apple in 12-weeks & now earn a 6-figure salary, you will have to wait 4-Months for that post!!

I really wish I could mark a few more stars, my experience really was that much better at V School than any other Bootcamp I spoke with! I won't name him here but there is a guy in the Admissions Dept. that I spoke with every time I called & he was such a help to me. He was very informed about what all else was out there & while he had plenty chances to trash-talk other schools or put V School in bright lights he never did. I even fact-checked some of the things he told me about another campus & it was all true! I am sure you will speak with him when you call in & I am sure you will get the same quality treatment!

I was never left hanging throughout the back and forths we had like I experienced at a couple other places. Every time I called in I spoke with the same guy, every time I sent an e-mail it was to the same guy and replied to by him in a very timely manner. Every interaction, even when I was connected with the Lead Instructor & later on the Founder of V School I was treated exceptionally well, everybody was more than willing to make time to answer my questions! I remember hearing my advisor say something like "if I don't know the answer, I promise you I know somebody here that does & I will get you on the phone with them as soon as possible" & that is how it was. Their dedication to me getting nothing but the best out of my every interaction was clear & because of that I was able to really feel comfortable. I trusted what I was being told & most importantly I felt like I was already a part of the club... I wish I could say I was getting special treatment because my friend worked with so & so who knows the Founder from Little League or something, but this is just how they do things apparently!

One thing that I really liked was the 'Aptitude Test' I took to determine if I could actually be successful in this course... I had already taken a handful of "code challenges" & had 'Pier Programmed' plenty problems with mentors at more than enough places by then but again, here V School was different....pleasantly different! I had a little experience with Programming through Treehouse, Codecademy & Lynda but I am by no means good at it! I paused a moment when I was told that there was ZERO coding on V Schools test at all! It seemed very strange at first and even counter-productive but after it was explained to me that this test had actually been found through the research of many experts to be a better predictor & indicator of ultimate success in a Bootcamp environment than all those other types of 'challenges' given out by the other schools and after I did a little research of my own, like everything else I was told, I found they were right! The test was certainly different but actually kind of fun once I got started & I can see how it assesses a students abilities, capabilities, and mindset.

So, again... I haven't finished V School. I have not landed my dream job yet & I can't speak to the rigor of the class as a whole but I have gone through one of the best processes of 'getting to know about a school & why it's a good fit for me' I could imagine and as I get my pre-course material I can see that I can certainly expect a challenge over the next few months, but that is what I was told to expect & that is what I signed on for! With V School's track record, past success's & most importantly, with the resources available to their students & their commitment to excellence I am 100% sure that with some hard work on my end, everything they have said is possible for me can be & will be attained! I will be back in 4 months telling you exactly how things went & where I am both academically and work wise at that point!

To wrap it up... V School might not be the 1st Code School to jump into your mind when thinking about what's out there right now but I am pretty sure if you do the legwork or at the very least call them like I did, you will see for yourself in no time exactly what sets them apart & above the many, many other places out there & popping into the crowd these days. You will also see why I & many others are choosing them over the local competition as well as so many others schools across the country! I am coming to Provo Utah from back East... PROPER 'Back East!!' So yea, like I was saying, they might not be the biggest, heavily advertised or marketed Bootcamp on Facebook out there right now but their curriculum & Instructors are 2nd to NONE in my opinion and they are truly doing something new and exciting it this bored and sometimes lackluster community of code schools & because of that, I believe V School is very close to becoming that clear 1st choice, the 'What's Next' is very much available NOW at V School and I couldn't be happier that I am getting in now before everybody else figures out what is going on over there! I'm stoked that I get free housing & have shorter odds of winning a Scholarship since there aren't a million applicants yet!

Can't wait to see you guys in class!

• Got a job!
    - 6/3/2016

Loved V School.  It was hard as hell, but I did it, and now work as a devloper. V School’s student to staff ratio is probably the number one reason I chose them.  I wanted the mentorship from lead developers, not just ex-students that graduate, then try teach the program.  V School’s curriculum was written by senior devs that back things up with industry experience.

When I researched Online coding academy’s there were only a few that had decent user reviews, and even fewer schools that had a live-streamed component.  Most every online bootcamp relied on recorded lectures and limited, weekly office hours with instructors.   After speaking with a V School graduation counselor I was convinced that recorded lectors and minimal office hours were not going to be a good fit for my learning style.  I enjoyed the fact that V School’s live-streamed platform allowed me to interact with my instructors and classmates in real time.  I personally felt that I needed the “live” interaction / mentoring, even though I was an online student.  I now work as a computer programmer at a San Francisco based, tech startup.  I wouldn’t have been able to transition careers without the patience / job assistance that V School provided.  V School’s online / interactive course literally landed me my dream profession at a very cool company.  Highly recommended!

• Amazing Experience
    - 5/23/2016

True to their word, V school helped me transition into a career in the tech industry. I highly reccomend V school for anyone looking for a career in computer programming.