v-school-logo

V School

Salt Lake City

V School

V School is a technology school in Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah, with online and in-person, part-time and full-time programs, in full stack web development and experience design (XD). V School follows an outcomes optimized education model called Responsive Learning, with a focus on gainful employment for V School graduates. Every V School program includes the following three phases: skill acquisition, on-the-job experience, and career training. The full stack Javascript program includes MERN stack technology (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js) and front end web development. Experience design includes UX, UI research, analytics, and current industry tools, such as Sketch, Figma, and related Adobe programs. The V School staff to student ratio is 1:8.

V School offers a range of education, career, and logistics assistance, including housing, transportation, and laptops, as well as income share agreements, internships, and apprenticeships. V School is approved to accept the G.I. Bill. One-third of V School staff members are veterans and one-third of V School students are female. V School is committed to student success and timely job outcomes, and provides students with access to lifetime career support, co-working environments, and a community network of tech entrepreneurs and industry-leading staff.

Recent V School Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (55) reviews for V School →

Recent V School News

Read all (15) articles about V School →
  • Experience Design (FT)

User Experience Design
    LocationSalt Lake City
    Never before has the design + education communities come together in a more electric way! Introducing V School’s User Experience Design Course. We have literally assembled the founders / creators at some of the best creative agencies in the country, to create a curriculum + teach the design concepts that are leading the industry. V School’s skill-builder (part-time) course is engineered for the individual within the design or frontend development fields looking to make a switch to UX Design or level-up their overall skills. As a designer you will learn the essentials of wireframing, prototyping, testing and how the UX process fits into the design and development workflow. As a developer, you will leave with a solid understanding of how user experience and design inform the structure of great apps. All students will leave with a robust portfolio project including wireframes, user data and a clickable prototype of an interactive project.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition Plans$1400+ Women, Minority, Military and Financial Hardship Scholarships available. Applications are administered upon enrollment.
  • Full Stack JavaScript (FT)

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSalt Lake City
    The Full Stack JavaScript Web Development course is a 12 Week, 600 hour, immersive approach to both front and back end development through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js, jQuery and React.js. Students are trained in understanding, manipulating, creating and querying databases and APIs, client-side development including responsive web design and dynamic interfaces, and basic Agile/SCRUM Project Management. Students are also trained and coached in best practices for finding employment in the tech industry including resume work, networking, technical interviewing and more. Completion of this course will require at least 95% attendance and a brief, final website presentation during the last week of the course. V School adheres to a Pass/Fail grading policy. Graduates of this course will receive a Full Stack JavaScript Web Development certificate of completion. Students meet both Online and In Person, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Mountain Time for 12 weeks.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit and Pave
    Tuition PlansYes
    Scholarship$1400+ Women, Minority, Military and Financial Hardship Scholarships available. Applications are administered upon enrollment.
    Prep Work30 hours of basic HTML/CSS and JavaScript study + Coding Project proving understanding of these concepts to be evaluated by an instructor before attending the course.
    V School's design program was a perfect fit for my needs. I had been looking to make the jump from being a Graphic Designer to become a UX Designer. The curriculum was current and the support was fantastic. Thanks to V School, I doubled my salary when I landed my first UX job.
  • Full stack
    - 5/24/2017
    Anonymous • It officer • Graduate
    I learn frontEnd (javascript-CSS), Backend using nodeJs and we ise mongo DB

Please be aware. This school used to formerly be Coding Campus. Think why a business would need to rebrand. The name and branding may be different but it's still the same people.

Student experience is abyssmall and all they don't offer adequate instructions from a senior source at all. Instructors are just former students who couldn't get a job so they are force to teach to pay back debt.

They have moved location multiple times and have closed down their Provo location. While other bootcamps have flourished, and expanded. This one has been shady and tries to market themselves as someone else who is better.

The Intro course is nothing more than introductory info you can easily find online. I was in both courses. After not getting a job for months and learning anything I couldn't learn online myself, I did research to find out this school was formerly a train wreck that had to rebrand.

Response From: MO of V School
    Title: CMO
    Thursday, Feb 16 2017
    Hey,

Saw your review online and wanted to reach out to you personally.
    I might not have been at V School when you attended, but still feel very passionate about you getting the best service, experience, education possible.

We spend a great deal of our resources / energy making sure that students get exactly what they came to our school to get.

I'd love to chat with you at your earliest connivence.

Figure out what we can do to right this.

All the best,

MO

mo@vschool.io

• Anonymous • Sales Rep • Student

Okay! FIRST, let me say that I have not finished the V School curriculum at this point in time, in fact I just now (45 min ago) paid to reserve my spot in the upcoming August Fullstack Immersive in Provo! I realized after reviewing all the different Bootcamps on CourseReport that NOBODY speaks on the interactions they have had with the schools leading up to signing up! I thought that was crazy since it's really a HUGE part of the process right?? So if you're looking for some incredible story about how I went from Applebees's to Apple in 12-weeks & now earn a 6-figure salary, you will have to wait 4-Months for that post!!

I really wish I could mark a few more stars, my experience really was that much better at V School than any other Bootcamp I spoke with! I won't name him here but there is a guy in the Admissions Dept. that I spoke with every time I called & he was such a help to me. He was very informed about what all else was out there & while he had plenty chances to trash-talk other schools or put V School in bright lights he never did. I even fact-checked some of the things he told me about another campus & it was all true! I am sure you will speak with him when you call in & I am sure you will get the same quality treatment!

I was never left hanging throughout the back and forths we had like I experienced at a couple other places. Every time I called in I spoke with the same guy, every time I sent an e-mail it was to the same guy and replied to by him in a very timely manner. Every interaction, even when I was connected with the Lead Instructor & later on the Founder of V School I was treated exceptionally well, everybody was more than willing to make time to answer my questions! I remember hearing my advisor say something like "if I don't know the answer, I promise you I know somebody here that does & I will get you on the phone with them as soon as possible" & that is how it was. Their dedication to me getting nothing but the best out of my every interaction was clear & because of that I was able to really feel comfortable. I trusted what I was being told & most importantly I felt like I was already a part of the club... I wish I could say I was getting special treatment because my friend worked with so & so who knows the Founder from Little League or something, but this is just how they do things apparently!

One thing that I really liked was the 'Aptitude Test' I took to determine if I could actually be successful in this course... I had already taken a handful of "code challenges" & had 'Pier Programmed' plenty problems with mentors at more than enough places by then but again, here V School was different....pleasantly different! I had a little experience with Programming through Treehouse, Codecademy & Lynda but I am by no means good at it! I paused a moment when I was told that there was ZERO coding on V Schools test at all! It seemed very strange at first and even counter-productive but after it was explained to me that this test had actually been found through the research of many experts to be a better predictor & indicator of ultimate success in a Bootcamp environment than all those other types of 'challenges' given out by the other schools and after I did a little research of my own, like everything else I was told, I found they were right! The test was certainly different but actually kind of fun once I got started & I can see how it assesses a students abilities, capabilities, and mindset.

So, again... I haven't finished V School. I have not landed my dream job yet & I can't speak to the rigor of the class as a whole but I have gone through one of the best processes of 'getting to know about a school & why it's a good fit for me' I could imagine and as I get my pre-course material I can see that I can certainly expect a challenge over the next few months, but that is what I was told to expect & that is what I signed on for! With V School's track record, past success's & most importantly, with the resources available to their students & their commitment to excellence I am 100% sure that with some hard work on my end, everything they have said is possible for me can be & will be attained! I will be back in 4 months telling you exactly how things went & where I am both academically and work wise at that point!

To wrap it up... V School might not be the 1st Code School to jump into your mind when thinking about what's out there right now but I am pretty sure if you do the legwork or at the very least call them like I did, you will see for yourself in no time exactly what sets them apart & above the many, many other places out there & popping into the crowd these days. You will also see why I & many others are choosing them over the local competition as well as so many others schools across the country! I am coming to Provo Utah from back East... PROPER 'Back East!!' So yea, like I was saying, they might not be the biggest, heavily advertised or marketed Bootcamp on Facebook out there right now but their curriculum & Instructors are 2nd to NONE in my opinion and they are truly doing something new and exciting it this bored and sometimes lackluster community of code schools & because of that, I believe V School is very close to becoming that clear 1st choice, the 'What's Next' is very much available NOW at V School and I couldn't be happier that I am getting in now before everybody else figures out what is going on over there! I'm stoked that I get free housing & have shorter odds of winning a Scholarship since there aren't a million applicants yet!

Can't wait to see you guys in class!

• Got a job!
    - 6/3/2016

Loved V School.  It was hard as hell, but I did it, and now work as a devloper. V School’s student to staff ratio is probably the number one reason I chose them.  I wanted the mentorship from lead developers, not just ex-students that graduate, then try teach the program.  V School’s curriculum was written by senior devs that back things up with industry experience.

When I researched Online coding academy’s there were only a few that had decent user reviews, and even fewer schools that had a live-streamed component.  Most every online bootcamp relied on recorded lectures and limited, weekly office hours with instructors.   After speaking with a V School graduation counselor I was convinced that recorded lectors and minimal office hours were not going to be a good fit for my learning style.  I enjoyed the fact that V School’s live-streamed platform allowed me to interact with my instructors and classmates in real time.  I personally felt that I needed the “live” interaction / mentoring, even though I was an online student.  I now work as a computer programmer at a San Francisco based, tech startup.  I wouldn’t have been able to transition careers without the patience / job assistance that V School provided.  V School’s online / interactive course literally landed me my dream profession at a very cool company.  Highly recommended!

• Amazing Experience
    - 5/23/2016

True to their word, V school helped me transition into a career in the tech industry. I highly reccomend V school for anyone looking for a career in computer programming.