v-school-logo

V School

Salt Lake City

V School

V School is a technology school in Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah, with online and in-person, part-time and full-time programs, in full stack web development and experience design (XD). V School follows an outcomes optimized education model called Responsive Learning, with a focus on gainful employment for V School graduates. Every V School program includes the following three phases: skill acquisition, on-the-job experience, and career training. The full stack Javascript program includes MERN stack technology (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js) and front end web development. Experience design includes UX, UI research, analytics, and current industry tools, such as Sketch, Figma, and related Adobe programs. The V School staff to student ratio is 1:8.

V School offers a range of education, career, and logistics assistance, including housing, transportation, and laptops, as well as income share agreements, internships, and apprenticeships. V School is approved to accept the G.I. Bill. One-third of V School staff members are veterans and one-third of V School students are female. V School is committed to student success and timely job outcomes, and provides students with access to lifetime career support, co-working environments, and a community network of tech entrepreneurs and industry-leading staff.

Recent V School Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (55) reviews for V School →

Recent V School News

Read all (15) articles about V School →
  • Experience Design (FT)

User Experience Design
    LocationSalt Lake City
    Never before has the design + education communities come together in a more electric way! Introducing V School’s User Experience Design Course. We have literally assembled the founders / creators at some of the best creative agencies in the country, to create a curriculum + teach the design concepts that are leading the industry. V School’s skill-builder (part-time) course is engineered for the individual within the design or frontend development fields looking to make a switch to UX Design or level-up their overall skills. As a designer you will learn the essentials of wireframing, prototyping, testing and how the UX process fits into the design and development workflow. As a developer, you will leave with a solid understanding of how user experience and design inform the structure of great apps. All students will leave with a robust portfolio project including wireframes, user data and a clickable prototype of an interactive project.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition Plans$1400+ Women, Minority, Military and Financial Hardship Scholarships available. Applications are administered upon enrollment.
  • Full Stack JavaScript (FT)

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSalt Lake City
    The Full Stack JavaScript Web Development course is a 12 Week, 600 hour, immersive approach to both front and back end development through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js, jQuery and React.js. Students are trained in understanding, manipulating, creating and querying databases and APIs, client-side development including responsive web design and dynamic interfaces, and basic Agile/SCRUM Project Management. Students are also trained and coached in best practices for finding employment in the tech industry including resume work, networking, technical interviewing and more. Completion of this course will require at least 95% attendance and a brief, final website presentation during the last week of the course. V School adheres to a Pass/Fail grading policy. Graduates of this course will receive a Full Stack JavaScript Web Development certificate of completion. Students meet both Online and In Person, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Mountain Time for 12 weeks.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit and Pave
    Tuition PlansYes
    Scholarship$1400+ Women, Minority, Military and Financial Hardship Scholarships available. Applications are administered upon enrollment.
    Prep Work30 hours of basic HTML/CSS and JavaScript study + Coding Project proving understanding of these concepts to be evaluated by an instructor before attending the course.
  • My Reset Button
    - 11/9/2016
    Skyler Talbot • Web Developer • Graduate

I was in a dead end job with no great future prospects.  I had a family that I was trying to support and couldn't see myself going back to school while trying to work and support my family at the same time until I came across V School.  In 12 weeks I was able to get enough education to turn my life around and set me on a path with a great future where I would be able to provide for my family and be happy doing it.  Thank you V School for helping me reset my life!

• Aha!
    - 6/14/2016
    Bryce • Graduate

The first time I made something work and had that "aha" moment was amazing.  Now after V School, I feel like I can learn anything.

• Heath Robertson • Graduate

I would absolutely recommend V School, espcially for people that don't want to go back to college and are looking to drive right into a career in tech.  I accomplshed everything I hoped for and more.  There's just nothing that compares.

• Online Class
    - 6/13/2016
    Cody Searl • Graduate

I got so much more out of class than I could have imagined.  The online class was incredibly smooth!  The audio/video were great, and the tech was super simple to use so I always felt like part of the class.

Deciding to take a full-time immersive with V School was seriously life changing! VSchools curriculum is top-notch and supported by industry professionals. The class was reasonably sized which allowed me a lot of one-on-one time with actual instructors. This is so valuable when learning to code. Everyone leaving the immersive programs are able to find jobs and the support of the staff was really good. The culture at VSchool is one of a team and I still feel like I can reach out to the staff and teachers for any questions or assistance I need. I did a lot of research before choosing a coding school and I am so glad I did. Having talked to fellow boot-campers that attended other Provo schools with huge class sizes, I see that my experience at VSchool was the best decision I've ever made. Thank you VSchool for being the reason I decided to switch careers!

• Worth it
    - 5/18/2016
    Ryan Merrill • Graduate

This course was great, the teachers know their stuff and are very willing to work with you. You get out of the course what you put into it, it's hard but if you go there wanting to learn then it's worth every penny.

• Tanner Plauche • Web App Developer • Graduate

I chose V School over other programming bootcamps because it simply gave me the most time with teachers for the money. When I started I didn't know enough about programming to distinguish between different schools' claims, so I just went with the numbers. V School was not the cheapest, but it gave me the most.

V School was intense and hard, but I learned a ton. I am a full time, full stack developer and have not stopped learning. I actually got a job before my course ended. If you are willing to work and study, V school teachers, directors, and mentors will help you succeed. The curriculum is thorough and really prepares you to keep learning. V School is really just a starting point, because they do such a good job of preparing you to move forward. It's not all cotton candy and tulips! It is hard, challenging, and demanding, but IT WAS WORTH IT. I may go back for a night class in iOS development when it becomes available.

• V School
    - 5/17/2016

Highly discourage attending this coding bootcamp. The staff is difficult and unprofessional to deal with. You voice your concern/issues and they don't do anything until the last minute or just say "we understand". Took one week shy of a month to finally receive my certificate that was bent and didn't even have the correct instructors name. It's a lot of money to spend and I can't justify spending that much on very mediocre school. I attended when it was also known as Coding Campus then half way through the name changed. Nothing has changed but a name. Please don't be get sucked in by the new branding.

Response From: MO Reeder of V School
    Title: Co-Founder
    Thursday, Apr 12 2018
    To whom this may concern,

Really hope you see my response, so that I can help set things right for you.
    V School is one of the only independent technical bootcamps left in the state.
    Being employee run, we literally have the leverage / ability to serve our students + make the best informed decisions to rectify any shortcomings.

In your specific case, I'd love to offer you another certificate with the appropriate / updated information.

Curious to see where you are working, and if you like the large majority of V School grads are happier in their new technical careers.

We don't get this type of feedback often, so again your response is greatly appreciated.

Our curriculum continues to be refined / updated based on the current market / job trends.
    If helpful, I'd be happy to talk to you about getting you our most updated Javascript / React curriculum at no cost to you. This could be in the form of you coming into campus again to re-skill / take any additional courses, live-streaming into classes remotely, or sending you the written curriculum.

Again, we're committed to you, and will do whatever necessary / available to help you with your educational / professional goals.

All the best,

MO

mo@vschool.io
    510.333.9046
  • Life changing
    - 10/23/2014
    Sione

What can I say? Making the decision to learn how to code changed my life. I was lost in life going from job to job, performing well enough, but never excited to the point that I knew that I was doing what I always wanted. I got a taste of programming at one of my jobs and that set enough of a spark off in my mind that I decided I should look into learning dev skills and soon found out about Coding Campus. Having no knowledge about anything to do with computers and programming other than surfing the web and playing games, I was pleasantly surprised with how easy Coding Campus presented the information to be learned and built upon each concept day by day.  With Coding Campus, you will l develop a programming base to build upon and continue learning long after (Once you get in, you soon realize there's no shortage of learning and no such thing as a "know-it-all".).

• Alex Brown • Student

Coding campus offers a full stack course in which you learn development skills that apply directly to jobs, and you meet real employers looking for developers.  The instructors are knowledgeable and helpful, and the course focuses around building real web applications.

• Morgan • Web developer

Coding Campus was a phenomenal experience for me. It blew away the Computer Science and Information Systems classes I had taken.

Python makes it beginner-friendly, but it's also welcoming to more experienced devs. They focused on getting you ready for a job. What they teach is very relevant instead of abstract.