v-school-logo

V School

V School

V School is an end-to-end career preparation academy for code and design in Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah, with online and in-person, part-time and full-time programs. V School has pioneered an outcomes-optimized education model called Responsive Learning, that moves the goal posts from "graduation" to gainful employment in the industry of study. Each V school program includes dedicated phases of 1) skill acquisition, 2) on the job experience, and 3) career training so that every student with high aptitude and drive is able to transition into a successful career in the tech industry.

Curricula is tailored to the needs of the industry and alumni receive lifetime career support in order to achieve the best outcomes. V School maintains a staff/student ratio of 1:8 to provide a high touch, immersive learning experience. The Web Development program includes MERN stack technology (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js), and front end web development. The Experience Design program includes UX, UI, research, analytics, and current industry tools (Sketch, Figma, and related Adobe programs).

V School believes that learning should be inclusive to be most impactful, and offers a range of education, career, and logistics assistance including housing, transportation, and laptops, as well as income share agreements, internships, and apprenticeships. V School is proud to have their programs approved to accept the G.I. Bill. One third of V School’s staff are veterans, and one third of V School’s students are female. V School is committed to student success and timely job outcomes, and provides students with co-working environments and a community network of tech entrepreneurs and industry-leading staff.

Recent V School Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (56) reviews for V School →

Recent V School News

Read all (17) articles about V School →
  • UX/UI Design

User Experience Design, Design
    OnlineFull Time36 Weeks
    Handcrafted to meet the needs of the industry. You’ll learn the necessary skills, tools, and methods to create meaningful experiences that go far beyond visual design – taking into consideration the user's emotional connection with the product or brand. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to become a flexible, collaborative, effective user experience designer that’ll be ready to one-inch punch any problem that comes your way. Work alongside our outcomes team to build resumes and portfolios, network, and land a meaningful job. We provide lifetime career support and will always be around to assist in growing your career.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansUpfront Payment, Scholarships, Income Share Agreement, Student Loans, G. I. Bill® Approved
    ScholarshipWe've launched $1M community relief fund available to those needing to re-skill for a career in tech. Apply today to receive the $4,000 scholarship toward tuition for our web development and UX/UI design online programs.
  • Web Development

Our Full-Stack JavaScript program has been handcrafted to provide you real-world experience. We've worked with leaders across the globe to ensure that our curriculum is up-to-date and in line with the current and future needs of the industry. This isn’t time-based where you receive a certificate by sitting through hours of curriculum. With mastery-based learning, you will become job-ready and succeed through the program by proving your skills and ability to apply them in a real-world setting. Work alongside our outcomes team to build resumes and portfolios, network, and land a meaningful job. We provide lifetime career support and will always be around to assist in growing your career.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit and Pave
    Prep WorkSchedule call with our admissions team for next steps.

• $500 V School Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive V School scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• UX/UI Design (Online)
    • Web Development (Online)
  • Alex • Applicant

As you can maybe tell by the title, I haven't gone through the course itself yet, but I wanted to review the admission process as that's an important and oft overlooked part of the bootcamp process. V School has been phenomenal about my application, answering my questions, and about helping make sure I am ready to undertake the fulltime commitment that is their Fullstack JavaScript course.

I made the mistake of scheduling my admissions phone call on Thanksgiving, so I sent an email and Wyatt answered anyway and was able to reschedule with me the next day. He called at our arranged time and we talked for over 2 hours. I had a lot of questions and he answered all of them and was transparent. He made sure I knew he was available almost 24/7 (the man has to sleep sometime) and that any questions/concerns/comments, he would address them right away.

I went to an open house and met more of the V School staff and was just as impressed. They showed off their new space and answered questions while making all of us feel incredibly at home. I got to meet the co-founder, some teachers, and some current students and have been really impressed. I applied to other bootcamps before this and while they were friendly, the process was impersonal, one-size-fits-all. This isn't true at V School.

I will update this with more information once I go through the course, but so far they have been outstanding in terms of the application.

(I have to give the instructors and curriculum a rating, so please understand that those two are entirely unsubstantiated)

• My Reset Button
    - 11/8/2016
    Skyler Talbot • Web Developer • Graduate

I was in a dead end job with no great future prospects.  I had a family that I was trying to support and couldn't see myself going back to school while trying to work and support my family at the same time until I came across V School.  In 12 weeks I was able to get enough education to turn my life around and set me on a path with a great future where I would be able to provide for my family and be happy doing it.  Thank you V School for helping me reset my life!

• Aha!
    - 6/13/2016
    Bryce • Graduate

The first time I made something work and had that "aha" moment was amazing.  Now after V School, I feel like I can learn anything.

• Heath Robertson • Graduate

I would absolutely recommend V School, espcially for people that don't want to go back to college and are looking to drive right into a career in tech.  I accomplshed everything I hoped for and more.  There's just nothing that compares.

• Online Class
    - 6/13/2016
    Cody Searl • Graduate

I got so much more out of class than I could have imagined.  The online class was incredibly smooth!  The audio/video were great, and the tech was super simple to use so I always felt like part of the class.

Deciding to take a full-time immersive with V School was seriously life changing! VSchools curriculum is top-notch and supported by industry professionals. The class was reasonably sized which allowed me a lot of one-on-one time with actual instructors. This is so valuable when learning to code. Everyone leaving the immersive programs are able to find jobs and the support of the staff was really good. The culture at VSchool is one of a team and I still feel like I can reach out to the staff and teachers for any questions or assistance I need. I did a lot of research before choosing a coding school and I am so glad I did. Having talked to fellow boot-campers that attended other Provo schools with huge class sizes, I see that my experience at VSchool was the best decision I've ever made. Thank you VSchool for being the reason I decided to switch careers!

• Worth it
    - 5/18/2016
    Ryan Merrill • Graduate

This course was great, the teachers know their stuff and are very willing to work with you. You get out of the course what you put into it, it's hard but if you go there wanting to learn then it's worth every penny.

• Tanner Plauche • Web App Developer • Graduate

I chose V School over other programming bootcamps because it simply gave me the most time with teachers for the money. When I started I didn't know enough about programming to distinguish between different schools' claims, so I just went with the numbers. V School was not the cheapest, but it gave me the most.

V School was intense and hard, but I learned a ton. I am a full time, full stack developer and have not stopped learning. I actually got a job before my course ended. If you are willing to work and study, V school teachers, directors, and mentors will help you succeed. The curriculum is thorough and really prepares you to keep learning. V School is really just a starting point, because they do such a good job of preparing you to move forward. It's not all cotton candy and tulips! It is hard, challenging, and demanding, but IT WAS WORTH IT. I may go back for a night class in iOS development when it becomes available.

• V School
    - 5/17/2016

Highly discourage attending this coding bootcamp. The staff is difficult and unprofessional to deal with. You voice your concern/issues and they don't do anything until the last minute or just say "we understand". Took one week shy of a month to finally receive my certificate that was bent and didn't even have the correct instructors name. It's a lot of money to spend and I can't justify spending that much on very mediocre school. I attended when it was also known as Coding Campus then half way through the name changed. Nothing has changed but a name. Please don't be get sucked in by the new branding.

Response From: MO Reeder of V School
    Title: Co-Founder
    Thursday, Apr 12 2018
    To whom this may concern,

Really hope you see my response, so that I can help set things right for you.
    V School is one of the only independent technical bootcamps left in the state.
    Being employee run, we literally have the leverage / ability to serve our students + make the best informed decisions to rectify any shortcomings.

In your specific case, I'd love to offer you another certificate with the appropriate / updated information.

Curious to see where you are working, and if you like the large majority of V School grads are happier in their new technical careers.

We don't get this type of feedback often, so again your response is greatly appreciated.

Our curriculum continues to be refined / updated based on the current market / job trends.
    If helpful, I'd be happy to talk to you about getting you our most updated Javascript / React curriculum at no cost to you. This could be in the form of you coming into campus again to re-skill / take any additional courses, live-streaming into classes remotely, or sending you the written curriculum.

Again, we're committed to you, and will do whatever necessary / available to help you with your educational / professional goals.

All the best,

MO

mo@vschool.io
    510.333.9046
  • Life changing
    - 10/23/2014
    Sione

What can I say? Making the decision to learn how to code changed my life. I was lost in life going from job to job, performing well enough, but never excited to the point that I knew that I was doing what I always wanted. I got a taste of programming at one of my jobs and that set enough of a spark off in my mind that I decided I should look into learning dev skills and soon found out about Coding Campus. Having no knowledge about anything to do with computers and programming other than surfing the web and playing games, I was pleasantly surprised with how easy Coding Campus presented the information to be learned and built upon each concept day by day.  With Coding Campus, you will l develop a programming base to build upon and continue learning long after (Once you get in, you soon realize there's no shortage of learning and no such thing as a "know-it-all".).

• Alex Brown • Student

Coding campus offers a full stack course in which you learn development skills that apply directly to jobs, and you meet real employers looking for developers.  The instructors are knowledgeable and helpful, and the course focuses around building real web applications.