v-school-logo

V School

Salt Lake City

V School

V School is a technology school in Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah, with online and in-person, part-time and full-time programs, in full stack web development and experience design (XD). V School follows an outcomes optimized education model called Responsive Learning, with a focus on gainful employment for V School graduates. Every V School program includes the following three phases: skill acquisition, on-the-job experience, and career training. The full stack Javascript program includes MERN stack technology (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js) and front end web development. Experience design includes UX, UI research, analytics, and current industry tools, such as Sketch, Figma, and related Adobe programs. The V School staff to student ratio is 1:8.

V School offers a range of education, career, and logistics assistance, including housing, transportation, and laptops, as well as income share agreements, internships, and apprenticeships. V School is approved to accept the G.I. Bill. One-third of V School staff members are veterans and one-third of V School students are female. V School is committed to student success and timely job outcomes, and provides students with access to lifetime career support, co-working environments, and a community network of tech entrepreneurs and industry-leading staff.

Recent V School Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (55) reviews for V School →

Recent V School News

Read all (15) articles about V School →
  • Experience Design (FT)

User Experience Design
    LocationSalt Lake City
    Never before has the design + education communities come together in a more electric way! Introducing V School’s User Experience Design Course. We have literally assembled the founders / creators at some of the best creative agencies in the country, to create a curriculum + teach the design concepts that are leading the industry. V School’s skill-builder (part-time) course is engineered for the individual within the design or frontend development fields looking to make a switch to UX Design or level-up their overall skills. As a designer you will learn the essentials of wireframing, prototyping, testing and how the UX process fits into the design and development workflow. As a developer, you will leave with a solid understanding of how user experience and design inform the structure of great apps. All students will leave with a robust portfolio project including wireframes, user data and a clickable prototype of an interactive project.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition Plans$1400+ Women, Minority, Military and Financial Hardship Scholarships available. Applications are administered upon enrollment.
  • Full Stack JavaScript (FT)

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSalt Lake City
    The Full Stack JavaScript Web Development course is a 12 Week, 600 hour, immersive approach to both front and back end development through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js, jQuery and React.js. Students are trained in understanding, manipulating, creating and querying databases and APIs, client-side development including responsive web design and dynamic interfaces, and basic Agile/SCRUM Project Management. Students are also trained and coached in best practices for finding employment in the tech industry including resume work, networking, technical interviewing and more. Completion of this course will require at least 95% attendance and a brief, final website presentation during the last week of the course. V School adheres to a Pass/Fail grading policy. Graduates of this course will receive a Full Stack JavaScript Web Development certificate of completion. Students meet both Online and In Person, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Mountain Time for 12 weeks.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit and Pave
    Tuition PlansYes
    Scholarship$1400+ Women, Minority, Military and Financial Hardship Scholarships available. Applications are administered upon enrollment.
    Prep Work30 hours of basic HTML/CSS and JavaScript study + Coding Project proving understanding of these concepts to be evaluated by an instructor before attending the course.
    - 5/27/2017
    Mohammed Al-Musawi • Graduate

When I registered for the V-School Full-Stack course the only things I knew were HTML and CSS. But now I am glad to say that I graduated as Full-Stack JavaScript Web Developer, and it's all thanks to V-School, the curriculim is well written, also the way the way they teach you these new languages and frameworks is just perfect, and the thing that I liked the most about this course is the how they teach how to improve and learn new techonolgy on your own, which is really important because technology is constantly changing.

• Amazing Family
    - 5/24/2017
    Sendus Majanni • Student

After more than 20 weeks of coding, finally I am v school graduate. The program that I was given was more intellectual than only being academic. This school with its curriculum and its instructors, with its style had altered my life to the better. Regarding the content of the course, I didn’t only learn how to code in java script and how to be a junior web-developer, but also how to have the problem-solving mentality, how to think logically and rationally, how to deal with everything as case and I get credits if I solve it, and how to get rid of all the fears. Also, regarding the way of teaching, this class thought me how to be dependent in my education and how to be committed to my education without having the stress of the grades and the stress of the exams. It taught me how to be not ashamed of having no idea about something I love to learn. The idea of vocational training and then certifying the students in Full Stack and making them eligible to work even if as freelancers amazed me and took me to the class every day at 6:00 pm though all the fatigue. It gave me hope and opened my eyes to a lot of change that needs to be done and can actually be done by commitment, patience, ambition, and creativity. This class is one of the best things that happened to me and I’m grateful that I had the chance to join this wonderful family.

• Beirut Course
    - 5/24/2017
    Omar Kassem Saad • Student

V school for me as a personal review and my experience with them is a 5 star rated educational program  where you learn how to think and become a real programmer and a better future developer and team member or leader. Its a family of production in all the ways

• Miriam • Graduate

V School’s full stack javascript course has impressed me at every step! The curriculum is well thought-out, perfectly paced, and relevant to industry needs. From the front-end HTML5 and CSS3 to the of back-end database and server creation the course work is challenging and engaging. The Instructors at V School are knowledgable, and really care about the success of their students! They will go above and beyond to ensure your success, staying late in the evenings and coming in on weekends to work with students. In fact, when students on our cohort expressed interest in learning React in addition to Angular, extra classes were arranged with a React instructor.

The addition of having housing arranged for me, was incredible, and one of the things that made V School the perfect choice. I didn’t have to worry about rent, or leases, or furnished/unfurnished. I just arrived in Salt Lake and had a place to stay and a transit pass to get around!

On the career front - V School will give you the tools you need to have a successful job hunt, and will support you fully in the job hunt process. They will arrange field trips to tech companies, have weekly tech industry speakers, and connect your with people in their social networks that might help you land that perfect job.

From day one V School has been the perfect choice, and I can’t possibly recommend them highly enough! This is a coding school that really does care about you and your progress towards an exciting new tech career!

• Eric • Student

I just started my 5th week, as a member of the February cohort, and so far I could not speak more highly of V School. I will reserve my full review of V School until i graduate, but as of right now my experience as been extremely positive.

THE STAFF/INSTRUCTORS - This is probably V-School's strongest suit. All of the instructors are extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. They all know the ins and outs of web development so any question you could possibly have, they will either know the answer or point you in the right direction. They never spoon feed you information, but at the same time are always ready and able to help when you are 100% stuck. As far as availability goes, they're always willing to help and take time oustide of class to answer questions.

THE CURRICULUM - Whoever designed this curriculum is a genius - it is very, very well put together. The exercises are all designed to strengthen the material you went over in lecture that day and all of the lecture material is up to date and easy to understand. The curriculum covers all the important information you could possibly need to know to truly UNDERSTAND the code you are writing and not just be a copy/paste coder.

DAY-TO-DAY - Every morning we start with warmups which are typically algorithmic in nature to get our brains in gear for the lectures and exercises that day. We typically receive multiple lectures every day by the instructors, each folllowed by its corresponding exercise. The exercises are intended to solidify the lecture material. At the end of the week, we are assigned larger projects that encompass and utilize several concepts to ensure we understand everything. The structure of our weeks so far, has really helped me gain a good grasp on the material.

CAREER DEVELOPMENT - We have received solid information, starting from week 2, regarding career development. On a weekly basis we attend lectures on things like resume and linkedin building. Additionally, we frequently have QA sessions with industry experts such as recruiters, UX engineers, ReactJS developers, and hiring partners. The amount of resources availale is honestly amazing.

MY ONLY REGRET SO FAR - is that I am a remote student. The free-housing that the in-person students get seems like an amazing perk and the ability to make friends with one another in person seems invaluable. That being said, everyone has been really friendly to me even as a remote student. My advice to anyone thinking about doing V school is to try and go IN PERSON if you can because I'm sure the experience is that much better. If remote is the only option though, like it was for me, then its still totally worth it.

To Be Continued when I finish...

• It's great!
    - 3/10/2017
    Haitham Abou Harash • Graduate

The best experience I've ever had!,

Great teachers, Excellent course, V School is the place to be if you are willing to learn from the best!

• Daniel Bolognino • Student

I am in my fourth week of the program and I can truly say V School is freakin' great. The instructors are super dope and make sure you really get down the cirriculum.  The learning environment is pretty cool and is really solid place to get work done, which allows you to really progress your coding skills.  V School also provides you with job assistance and access to all of thier hiring networks, which was a real dealbreaker for me when choosing to attend.  Overall, I've learned a great deal in the time I've been here, and I have confidence in finding a job after completing the course!

• Aaron • Student

I am currently attending the V School and honestly couldn't be happier to attend this bootcampl. Application process was not only easy, but made me excited to get started. Now that I am in the course, I can see that the instructors truly care about my success and they will do everything in their power to make sure I understand the content.  They have a team here to help us with our resumes and portfolios as well as helping us network with potential future employers.  I couldn't be happier with my choice to attend V School, I know this is a game-changer for me!

• Steve Davis • Student

I'm still in the program, but so far it's great! The instructors are always friendly and willing to help you out if you need it, don't be afraid to ask! Don't expect to be spoon fed success though. The class moves lightning fast and you will be getting information from a firehose. Your succes with this course will depend on what your willing to put into it. If you are ready to work hard and turn your life around, this is the place to do it!

• Game Changer!
    - 1/27/2017
    Evan • Student

Only 1 month in and I have already learned SO much! I recommend this school to everyone! the reviews that mention the rebranding as a bad thing just had a bad experience themselves. I have asked about it a bunch of times and the teachers are open to discuss what happened. don’t think of it as some dark secret, it’s not.

the teachers are awesome and are willing to help you every step of the way. one thing that sold me is they own themselves! Iron yard is owned by University of Phoenix and this tares down their ability to change curriculum on what the industry needs.

HIGHLY recommend!

• Awesome bootcamp!
    - 1/27/2017
    Daniel Pak • Student

The best bootcamp experience I could have asked for! Instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful! Everyone here really puts importance into your future! If you're thinking about it, definitely apply!

• Alex • Applicant

As you can maybe tell by the title, I haven't gone through the course itself yet, but I wanted to review the admission process as that's an important and oft overlooked part of the bootcamp process. V School has been phenomenal about my application, answering my questions, and about helping make sure I am ready to undertake the fulltime commitment that is their Fullstack JavaScript course.

I made the mistake of scheduling my admissions phone call on Thanksgiving, so I sent an email and Wyatt answered anyway and was able to reschedule with me the next day. He called at our arranged time and we talked for over 2 hours. I had a lot of questions and he answered all of them and was transparent. He made sure I knew he was available almost 24/7 (the man has to sleep sometime) and that any questions/concerns/comments, he would address them right away.

I went to an open house and met more of the V School staff and was just as impressed. They showed off their new space and answered questions while making all of us feel incredibly at home. I got to meet the co-founder, some teachers, and some current students and have been really impressed. I applied to other bootcamps before this and while they were friendly, the process was impersonal, one-size-fits-all. This isn't true at V School.

I will update this with more information once I go through the course, but so far they have been outstanding in terms of the application.

(I have to give the instructors and curriculum a rating, so please understand that those two are entirely unsubstantiated)