v-school-logo

V School

V School

V School is an end-to-end career preparation academy for code and design in Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah, with online and in-person, part-time and full-time programs. V School has pioneered an outcomes-optimized education model called Responsive Learning, that moves the goal posts from "graduation" to gainful employment in the industry of study. Each V school program includes dedicated phases of 1) skill acquisition, 2) on the job experience, and 3) career training so that every student with high aptitude and drive is able to transition into a successful career in the tech industry.

Curricula is tailored to the needs of the industry and alumni receive lifetime career support in order to achieve the best outcomes. V School maintains a staff/student ratio of 1:8 to provide a high touch, immersive learning experience. The Web Development program includes MERN stack technology (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js), and front end web development. The Experience Design program includes UX, UI, research, analytics, and current industry tools (Sketch, Figma, and related Adobe programs).

V School believes that learning should be inclusive to be most impactful, and offers a range of education, career, and logistics assistance including housing, transportation, and laptops, as well as income share agreements, internships, and apprenticeships. V School is proud to have their programs approved to accept the G.I. Bill. One third of V School’s staff are veterans, and one third of V School’s students are female. V School is committed to student success and timely job outcomes, and provides students with co-working environments and a community network of tech entrepreneurs and industry-leading staff.

Recent V School Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (56) reviews for V School →

Recent V School News

Read all (17) articles about V School →
  • UX/UI Design

User Experience Design, Design
    OnlineFull Time36 Weeks
    Handcrafted to meet the needs of the industry. You’ll learn the necessary skills, tools, and methods to create meaningful experiences that go far beyond visual design – taking into consideration the user's emotional connection with the product or brand. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to become a flexible, collaborative, effective user experience designer that’ll be ready to one-inch punch any problem that comes your way. Work alongside our outcomes team to build resumes and portfolios, network, and land a meaningful job. We provide lifetime career support and will always be around to assist in growing your career.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansUpfront Payment, Scholarships, Income Share Agreement, Student Loans, G. I. Bill® Approved
    ScholarshipWe've launched $1M community relief fund available to those needing to re-skill for a career in tech. Apply today to receive the $4,000 scholarship toward tuition for our web development and UX/UI design online programs.
  • Web Development

Our Full-Stack JavaScript program has been handcrafted to provide you real-world experience. We've worked with leaders across the globe to ensure that our curriculum is up-to-date and in line with the current and future needs of the industry. This isn’t time-based where you receive a certificate by sitting through hours of curriculum. With mastery-based learning, you will become job-ready and succeed through the program by proving your skills and ability to apply them in a real-world setting. Work alongside our outcomes team to build resumes and portfolios, network, and land a meaningful job. We provide lifetime career support and will always be around to assist in growing your career.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit and Pave
    Prep WorkSchedule call with our admissions team for next steps.

• $500 V School Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive V School scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• UX/UI Design (Online)
    • Web Development (Online)
  • Radwan Khabbaz  User Photo
    Radwan Khabbaz • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

this bootcamp we have learned many of tools/languages like HTML - CSS - JAVASCRIPT - JQUERY - NODEJS - ANGULAR - EXPRESS - MONGODB in addition we start in REACT .

This tools and languages was very useful for my programing life and I think will be like that in my economic life.

• Awesome!
    - 1/27/2017
    Ben Turner  User Photo
    Ben Turner • Student Verified via GitHub

I'm about 3 weeks in but am very satisfied so far. My expectations going in were to learn valuable and relevant coding skills, build a network, and create a professional portfolio and resume that will guarantee employment afterwards. I have no doubt that these will be fulfilled based on my progress so far. The projects are difficult but manageable. There is plenty of assistance. The curriculum is clearly geared toward building a job-ready portfolio/resume. It is clear that the academic advisors care about your individual career path. I don't expect to be given everything, but am impressed with the facilitation V School provides. Highly recommended. I will post another review upon graduation.

• V School cares!!!
    - 1/27/2017
    Gabe  User Photo
    Gabe • Student Verified via GitHub

They actually care that you learn the programs that they teach, and they will always take the time to teach you if you are falling behind. Weekends or holidays, it doesn't matter. If you ask them to help you out because you have a problem, they will do whatever they can to make sure that you are understanding the material.

• Bob Ziroll  User Photo
    Bob Ziroll • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I earned a degree from Brigham Young University in Communications (advertisign emphasis) and got to a point where I was simply tired of 1) promoting other people's great ideas (or even their terrible ideas) and 2) spending all my effort selling people things they didn't really need or want. I came to a point where I needed a change, and my previous interest and dabbling with code aligned perfectly with an opportunity that arose to attend the Coding Campus course.

Coding Campus, unlike some other schools, is tailored to those who have little to no experience in progrmaming. There is a fair amount of pre-course work to be accomplished, mostly the Codecademy HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python courses. The first few weeks of the course are spent more heavily on instruciton and paired learning, all the while working on a portfolio and your first real web app project. After those weeks, however, the learning shifts to almost completely project-based learning, with mentoring, help, and answers provided by real-world, very smart developers. Coding Campus' sister company, Verisage, has a number of developers at the students' disposal for answering questions and giving any kind of help needed. After a series of projects, the course then culminates in a final project that is for a real client.

The only reason I give the Curriculum (and hence the overall experience) one less star has to do with unexpected circumstances. A combination of changeups in the curriculum, one of our project's clients falling through, and my classmates starting to "check out" early led to a situation where the final week of class was less productive than we originally had anticipated. However, these factors don't seem to be the fault of Coding Campus as much as external factors that were out of their control.

I'm not working as a developer for Coding Campus' sister company Verisage, and although it's still difficult and my jounrey of learning is still very much at the beginning, when I look back at my knowledge prior to Coding Campus, I realize I alone would have never been able to spend the time and energy it takes to get my first job as a developer.

And that's what Coding Campus is all about - arming students with the knowledge and beginning experience they need to get a job as a developer.

• Vlad Tsoy • Software Developer • Student
    I graduated V School in October 2018 and as I reflect back to my experience I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.  It took me 4 months to land my first job, started out with a 60k salary and within a year earned over 6 figures.  I was able to do so because of the things I learned at V School.  The robust curriculum provided me with a solid foundation and helped expand my knowledge in software development.  The community and the staff are awesome and genuinely want you to succeed.

Attending V School was one of my best decisions and I highly recommend it!
  • Amazing
    - 7/3/2019
    Wayne Navolt • Graduate
    You will learn multiple languages. You will struggle until, that ah ha moment happens and when it does click. Magic! The teachers will help you at any moment, your classmates will help. The culture this school exudes is second to none
  • Dane Patricks • Owner (Cottonwood Carriages LLC)

My journey into a full stack dev boot-camp was interesting, if not somewhat discouraging to start, but lets start at the beginning… I began my journey at Helio Training.  I attended for a week and 3 days, in which time I felt very lost and like it was me that wasn’t grasping on to what was being spoken about. It was like there was no set curriculum to follow and pass off. I felt confused and frankly, sorta pissed off. My intuition was firing hard and screaming at me to look beyond the scope and take an interview with another full stack school that has all the values and essentials one needs to pursue this endeavor.  After reading countless review boards and write ups, I found my nest. V-SCHOOL!!! I won’t lie, boot-camps are tough! BUT, you CAN do it!  Not only can you do it, but you can really extend your network beyond the boot-camp and really reap the rewards of all V-School has to offer. This extends far beyond the core-curriculum (which I might add is ON-POINT and I am highly impressed given I have the perspective). The lectures are straight-forward and classrooms are immaculate. From the chair up, truly, three cheers for the best ergonomic chair award that i’ve ever encountered at ANY school! A dual monitor to plug into that moves up and down, etc. The instructors give their lecture live (writing code and showing you what it is doing in real-time) on the big screen while students follow along a very well written topic outline (that later can be referenced for the assignments). I am so grateful I followed my gut. I feel so motivated and like I am in the right place now that truly cares about their students well-being and success.  The instructors KNOW what they are talking about.  When you ask a question, it gets answered and in a way that you understand. Again, this 3 month venture is going to be strenuous, mind-bending and rigorous, but the end results are clear. 7 students just last month received internships with Adobe, multiple others with other companies both local and out-of-state. These are facts and V-School stands behind their word that they will get you to the next step.  It’s all about what YOU want and how hard YOU want to work to achieve this end result.  The student:instructor ratio makes everything amazing as far as asking for help and getting 1-on-1 attention.  They never make you feel dumb or scared to ask for help.  You feel like you are part of a family at V-School.  Families take care of each other and the V-School Fam is no different. Student housing is a mere 2 blocks away (Brigham Apartments)**amazing location**, eliminating the need for public transit.  There are endless places to eat and grab whatever you need within a .5 radius in every direction. The vibe is radiant and the aesthetic.. Well, let’s just say I was sold the moment I walked off the elevator.  It’s eccentric and modern, yet nestled in the heart of downtown salt lake, the location “buzzes” like a hive (hypothetically, all the lights are LED panels). If you are thinking of pursuing a boot-camp for Full Stack Javascript or UI / UX, don’t pass up the opportunity to see for yourself what being a member of the V-School Family is all about. I am so grateful I did. I feel at home. I’m confident in my instructors ability to make sure we ALL understand the concepts.  I am truly “getting IT”.  BONUS!! V-School provides yoga twice per week to ease the spirit and decompress the mind & body.  Their parking is amazingly convenient and safe.  The staff is wonderful, I am so happy with my decision to invest in my future at V-School.  I know I made the right choice. Thanks V-School! Happy Coding!!!

• Kit Masaracchia • Web Developer • Graduate

It’s the curriculum and the community that shine at V School. While no 12-week course is a substitute for 1-2 years of experience, this curriculum provides a solid, professional-grade foundation for those seeking to make a career change.

The Instructors are knowledgeable and patient, and like everyone else in the V School community (including administration, career guidance, and V School alums) they have a genuine desire to support students and see them succeed.

V School helped me to take my basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Javascript and learn the foundations of front and backend web development. The second half of the program is dedicated to getting students up and running in a Javascript framework (React, at the time of my enrollment). V School makes great effort to stay at the cutting edge of a fast-paced, quickly evolving industry. The program’s timely switch from Angular to React proved to be an asset when I began my job hunt. Even coming in to a company as an intern, my knowledge and experience with a newer, in-demand framework made me in demand.

v School helped me to change my life and I highly recommend this program to anyone looking at Bootcamps.

• Nate Jensen • Web Developer • Graduate

I recently graduated from the full-stack javascript course ( MERN stack ) that V School offers in downtown SLC Ut. The people at V school have an honest interest in your success, and it's obvious in the way they teach and run their program.

There is no substitue to the type of jumpstart that V school gave me.  I was hesitant to spend money on school again as I had already received a 4 year degree, but this was so worth it.  I have graduated from a program with a set of skills that are in-demand and valuable. The coursework is constantly being adapted and updated to current industry trends and practices, which was one of my big problems when taking tutorials.  Along with learning a great deal in my 12 weeks, I am now apart of a community of fellow web developers that are warm and accepting.

• Developer
    - 10/31/2017
    Shan Miller • Developer • Graduate

V School is an engaging school with all the utilities to jumpstart a successful and lucrutive career. The curriculum is constantly being modified and updated to reflect the modern standards of its respective industry.

• Great experience
    - 8/1/2017
    Tabarak Al-Musawi • Graduate

Going into this program has been one of the best life decisions I have made.
    I absolutely enjoyed learning how to code, this course has been extremely informative.
    Also, the staff at V School are welcoming, helpful, friendly and always available to chat and ask questions if you need to.

• Methaq • Senior Architect &Web Development • Graduate
    V school is really awesome. It is the right place where you can learn coding and to became a developer. It is hard and challenging but it deserves. V school deserves 5 stars and even more! Thanks for all team, Thanks Joe, Ben and Jacob.