v-school-logo

V School

V School

V School is an end-to-end career preparation academy for code and design in Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah, with online and in-person, part-time and full-time programs. V School has pioneered an outcomes-optimized education model called Responsive Learning, that moves the goal posts from "graduation" to gainful employment in the industry of study. Each V school program includes dedicated phases of 1) skill acquisition, 2) on the job experience, and 3) career training so that every student with high aptitude and drive is able to transition into a successful career in the tech industry.

Curricula is tailored to the needs of the industry and alumni receive lifetime career support in order to achieve the best outcomes. V School maintains a staff/student ratio of 1:8 to provide a high touch, immersive learning experience. The Web Development program includes MERN stack technology (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js), and front end web development. The Experience Design program includes UX, UI, research, analytics, and current industry tools (Sketch, Figma, and related Adobe programs).

V School believes that learning should be inclusive to be most impactful, and offers a range of education, career, and logistics assistance including housing, transportation, and laptops, as well as income share agreements, internships, and apprenticeships. V School is proud to have their programs approved to accept the G.I. Bill. One third of V School’s staff are veterans, and one third of V School’s students are female. V School is committed to student success and timely job outcomes, and provides students with co-working environments and a community network of tech entrepreneurs and industry-leading staff.

Recent V School Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (61) reviews for V School →

Recent V School News

Read all (17) articles about V School →
  • UX/UI Design

User Experience Design, Design
    OnlineFull Time36 Weeks
    Handcrafted to meet the needs of the industry. You’ll learn the necessary skills, tools, and methods to create meaningful experiences that go far beyond visual design – taking into consideration the user's emotional connection with the product or brand. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to become a flexible, collaborative, effective user experience designer that’ll be ready to one-inch punch any problem that comes your way. Work alongside our outcomes team to build resumes and portfolios, network, and land a meaningful job. We provide lifetime career support and will always be around to assist in growing your career.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansUpfront Payment, Scholarships, Income Share Agreement, Student Loans, G. I. Bill® Approved
    ScholarshipWe've launched $1M community relief fund available to those needing to re-skill for a career in tech. Apply today to receive the $4,000 scholarship toward tuition for our web development and UX/UI design online programs.
  • Web Development

Our Full-Stack JavaScript program has been handcrafted to provide you real-world experience. We've worked with leaders across the globe to ensure that our curriculum is up-to-date and in line with the current and future needs of the industry. This isn’t time-based where you receive a certificate by sitting through hours of curriculum. With mastery-based learning, you will become job-ready and succeed through the program by proving your skills and ability to apply them in a real-world setting. Work alongside our outcomes team to build resumes and portfolios, network, and land a meaningful job. We provide lifetime career support and will always be around to assist in growing your career.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit and Pave
    Prep WorkSchedule call with our admissions team for next steps.

• $500 V School Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive V School scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• UX/UI Design (Online)
    • Web Development (Online)
  • Radwan Khabbaz  User Photo
    Radwan Khabbaz • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

this bootcamp we have learned many of tools/languages like HTML - CSS - JAVASCRIPT - JQUERY - NODEJS - ANGULAR - EXPRESS - MONGODB in addition we start in REACT .

This tools and languages was very useful for my programing life and I think will be like that in my economic life.

• Awesome!
    - 1/27/2017
    Ben Turner  User Photo
    Ben Turner • Student Verified via GitHub

I'm about 3 weeks in but am very satisfied so far. My expectations going in were to learn valuable and relevant coding skills, build a network, and create a professional portfolio and resume that will guarantee employment afterwards. I have no doubt that these will be fulfilled based on my progress so far. The projects are difficult but manageable. There is plenty of assistance. The curriculum is clearly geared toward building a job-ready portfolio/resume. It is clear that the academic advisors care about your individual career path. I don't expect to be given everything, but am impressed with the facilitation V School provides. Highly recommended. I will post another review upon graduation.

• V School cares!!!
    - 1/27/2017
    Gabe  User Photo
    Gabe • Student Verified via GitHub

They actually care that you learn the programs that they teach, and they will always take the time to teach you if you are falling behind. Weekends or holidays, it doesn't matter. If you ask them to help you out because you have a problem, they will do whatever they can to make sure that you are understanding the material.

• Bob Ziroll  User Photo
    Bob Ziroll • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I earned a degree from Brigham Young University in Communications (advertisign emphasis) and got to a point where I was simply tired of 1) promoting other people's great ideas (or even their terrible ideas) and 2) spending all my effort selling people things they didn't really need or want. I came to a point where I needed a change, and my previous interest and dabbling with code aligned perfectly with an opportunity that arose to attend the Coding Campus course.

Coding Campus, unlike some other schools, is tailored to those who have little to no experience in progrmaming. There is a fair amount of pre-course work to be accomplished, mostly the Codecademy HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python courses. The first few weeks of the course are spent more heavily on instruciton and paired learning, all the while working on a portfolio and your first real web app project. After those weeks, however, the learning shifts to almost completely project-based learning, with mentoring, help, and answers provided by real-world, very smart developers. Coding Campus' sister company, Verisage, has a number of developers at the students' disposal for answering questions and giving any kind of help needed. After a series of projects, the course then culminates in a final project that is for a real client.

The only reason I give the Curriculum (and hence the overall experience) one less star has to do with unexpected circumstances. A combination of changeups in the curriculum, one of our project's clients falling through, and my classmates starting to "check out" early led to a situation where the final week of class was less productive than we originally had anticipated. However, these factors don't seem to be the fault of Coding Campus as much as external factors that were out of their control.

I'm not working as a developer for Coding Campus' sister company Verisage, and although it's still difficult and my jounrey of learning is still very much at the beginning, when I look back at my knowledge prior to Coding Campus, I realize I alone would have never been able to spend the time and energy it takes to get my first job as a developer.

And that's what Coding Campus is all about - arming students with the knowledge and beginning experience they need to get a job as a developer.

• Jonathan • Graduate
    V School have everything organized in a nice and concise way. It is a full online FullStack JavaScript Web Developing or UX Design bootcamp that offers the opportunity to learn, practice, masteries skills  that are in high demand at the moment. What really blows my mind is that they stick with you until you land your first job. Every student have a SSM (student success mentor) that motivates you and teaches you career prep so you know in advance how to look, apply, interview, and negotiate salaries in a tech job. In my little time, I have met great mentors and other students with the same goals as me and I have been learning from all of them.

I had a degree as a software developer prior V School, and I can say that I didn't learn as much as I am learning now through V School. Regular education pushes so much information that student don't retain or work on app or programs to showcase to employers. I joined V School because I needed experience to boost my resume and couldn't during my degree. By the end of the phase 1, I had 3 projects as part of my portfolio that served me as practice and for recruiters to see what I have learned. I am currently looking for a job, but I have seen students graduate and land a job in less than a week. One student landed a job while in the program.

V School accepts GI Bill for military and qualified members. They also work with an income share agreement, in other words, you will pay back whenever you get hired. That is another reason that V School needs to place you in a job. The only thing I regret is not knowing about this opportunity before.
  • Joseph Gambill • Front End Developer • Graduate
    Making the decision to make a career path or career change was daunting for me but honestly the staff at V school made it feel easy and we’re very supportive. After making the decision to start a Bootcamp I was still a little skeptical about the whole process but after beginning the curriculum with zero experience (other than the course pre work) it came along at a steady pace. Day after day it’s up to you to put in the work but the staff and student success mentors are there for you, it’s their job to help you succeed! Not to be cheesy but the staff are truly just good people, very positive, extremely helpful, and intelligent to say the least! My student success mentor was an amazing person who always kept positive vibes, always supported us, and made sure we were sticking to our career prep plan to help us ease into this career change. Overall, I would do it again even if I could turn back time. Also, the self paced curriculum was another bonus for me!
  • Awesome Program!
    - 7/1/2022
    Jeffrey Conn • Support Engineer • Graduate
    I enrolled in the Web Development program here and it was one of the best career decision I've ever made.  The material and lessons are structured very well and the concepts build on each other which is a huge confidence booster.  What I loved most about the program was being in the program!  If I ever needed help, there was always access to one of the instructors or teaching assistants!  I also loved that they assigned you a Student Success Mentor who was there every step of the way for me. Awesome and active Veteran Community inside too!  NO CODING EXPERIENCE TO HIRED IN 5 MONTHS! Overall...If you want to start your career in tech, this place is the real deal.

p.s. - You'll make life-long friends in here to
  • Alex Ramirez • Graduate
         It’s difficult to summarize my overall feelings about attending V School. I began the course back in August 2020 and completed the program in March 2021. 1 year after completing the course, I am not working in the tech industry and I am employed in a position that does not utilize the skills I learned at V School. When I decided to take out a $16,000 student loan to pay for the bootcamp. I did it with the idea that this money would be an investment for my future. I was motivated to attend the bootcamp because of the school’s overall message that they would assist me in landing a career in tech. They did say this was not guaranteed but that I would have the full support of the school to assist me in the interview process. However, I was naïve into thinking that by completing this course, I would be a qualified candidate for any entry level web developer position.

I quickly began to experience employers not extending interviews and the feedback I received by some recruiters was that I simply did not have the background to be successful in the interview process. I began searching for jobs back in April 2021 and by August 2021, I had submitted well over 100 applications to various companies. Out of those applications, I only received 4 interview invites. My first technical interview exposed my incompetence in answering basic CS based questions. I was tasked to live code data structure and algorithm questions but couldn’t get past the first question. I was deeply embarrassed and had a rude awakening that I was not qualified for a basic front end developer position. I was deeply discouraged by this and began to see my ability to break into tech simply fade away. After August, I began to look at other career paths because I was running low on my savings and had to begin making nearly $500 a month payments on the $16,000 loan I took out to attend V School.

My career success mentor that I was paired with at the beginning of the bootcamp was instrumental in motivating me in completing the course. I felt I had an advocate that was supporting me and gave me a voice in the program. However, she abruptly quit the bootcamp in June without warning. I was scheduled to meet with her one day before she had announced she was leaving the school. After her departure, I felt I did not have a voice, and no one was advocating for my future in tech. Although I was paired with another mentor, I felt that I was not receiving the same assistance as other students. I began to see students who started at the same time as me receive direct assistance in securing interviews with companies. One of those students was hired by a reputable company in Utah. I was encouraged to submit my application to the same company but received an immediate rejection after my submission. These events left me feeling depressed and hopeless. Although I had successfully utilized React Native to build and deploy an iOS app to the Apple App Store, I continued to see other students receive support in landing roles with companies.

Looking back and knowing all that I have experienced these past 18 months, I would have not attended V School. I am paying back a loan that simply financed my ability to learn how to code online and receive underwhelming feedback from instructors and career success mentors. I could have spent substantially less by subscribing to different online courses such as Scrimba. Ironically enough, Scrimba was used as part of the teaching method for this program. A website that takes pride in advertising as a cheaper alternative to a bootcamp. A founding member of the school currently is employed at Scrimba, which is ironic for a bootcamp to use a platform that showcases itself as an alternative to a bootcamp. My current career path is utilizing my M.S. in biochemistry that I received prior to enrolling in the bootcamp. This degree cost me substantially less than the $16,000 piece of paper that I received from V School. If I had not graduated in a middle of a pandemic and was desperate to find a job, I would have not attended this bootcamp. I was desperate at the time and this school was my answer to my desperation. However, I was naïve into thinking V School would support my path to break into tech and have a meaningful career in the industry.

At the end of the day, V School is a for profit school that needs to have a steady source of income in order to finance their ultimate goal of assisting anyone to break into the tech scene. Part of that process involves marketing themselves and posting positive images and videos of former students who they assisted in becoming employed in a high paying tech role. I know the school will point to those alumni and say how they are achieving their goal in getting nearly a 100% placement rate. There will also be alumni who will probably chime in and share how they were employed in a lucrative tech position days or weeks after graduating. However, I know there are other alumni like myself who struggled to get hired let alone land an interview.

I worked really hard to complete the program at V School and that hard work is showcased by my iOS app that is on the App Store. I had the motivation, talent, and potential to become a better developer. The problem I saw was that the school simply ignored this and chose to assist other students in securing interviews. I didn't expect V School to just hand me a job but my expectation was that they would make that initial connection to an employer on my behalf. Many but not all students received this assistance. One student that began at the same time as I did is now employed at a reputable company in Utah. This individual personally thanked V School during an alumni interview for making that initial connection. Seeing other students get this type of help while I struggled to get any interviews furthered hampered my confidence and made me feel as if there was favoritism occurring at the school. If the school was making these personal connections on behalf of some students then this type of connection should be offered to all students. After all, we all paid the same amount to attend this school, some of us actually used our own money and didn't get any 3rd part assistance in financing our studies.

At the end of the day I would not have attended this bootcamp if it was not for the pandemic. In August 2020, I was unemployed and desperate to find a path that could assist me in gaining the skills that could make me a more competitive candidate for employers. V School was that answer to my desperation and I sincerely trusted them in helping me make my dreams of working in the tech industry come true. I fell for their sales pitch and I am now paying the $16,000 price for it.
  • Vlad Tsoy • Software Developer • Student
    I graduated V School in October 2018 and as I reflect back to my experience I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.  It took me 4 months to land my first job, started out with a 60k salary and within a year earned over 6 figures.  I was able to do so because of the things I learned at V School.  The robust curriculum provided me with a solid foundation and helped expand my knowledge in software development.  The community and the staff are awesome and genuinely want you to succeed.

Attending V School was one of my best decisions and I highly recommend it!
  • Amazing
    - 7/3/2019
    Wayne Navolt • Graduate
    You will learn multiple languages. You will struggle until, that ah ha moment happens and when it does click. Magic! The teachers will help you at any moment, your classmates will help. The culture this school exudes is second to none
  • Dane Patricks • Owner (Cottonwood Carriages LLC)

My journey into a full stack dev boot-camp was interesting, if not somewhat discouraging to start, but lets start at the beginning… I began my journey at Helio Training.  I attended for a week and 3 days, in which time I felt very lost and like it was me that wasn’t grasping on to what was being spoken about. It was like there was no set curriculum to follow and pass off. I felt confused and frankly, sorta pissed off. My intuition was firing hard and screaming at me to look beyond the scope and take an interview with another full stack school that has all the values and essentials one needs to pursue this endeavor.  After reading countless review boards and write ups, I found my nest. V-SCHOOL!!! I won’t lie, boot-camps are tough! BUT, you CAN do it!  Not only can you do it, but you can really extend your network beyond the boot-camp and really reap the rewards of all V-School has to offer. This extends far beyond the core-curriculum (which I might add is ON-POINT and I am highly impressed given I have the perspective). The lectures are straight-forward and classrooms are immaculate. From the chair up, truly, three cheers for the best ergonomic chair award that i’ve ever encountered at ANY school! A dual monitor to plug into that moves up and down, etc. The instructors give their lecture live (writing code and showing you what it is doing in real-time) on the big screen while students follow along a very well written topic outline (that later can be referenced for the assignments). I am so grateful I followed my gut. I feel so motivated and like I am in the right place now that truly cares about their students well-being and success.  The instructors KNOW what they are talking about.  When you ask a question, it gets answered and in a way that you understand. Again, this 3 month venture is going to be strenuous, mind-bending and rigorous, but the end results are clear. 7 students just last month received internships with Adobe, multiple others with other companies both local and out-of-state. These are facts and V-School stands behind their word that they will get you to the next step.  It’s all about what YOU want and how hard YOU want to work to achieve this end result.  The student:instructor ratio makes everything amazing as far as asking for help and getting 1-on-1 attention.  They never make you feel dumb or scared to ask for help.  You feel like you are part of a family at V-School.  Families take care of each other and the V-School Fam is no different. Student housing is a mere 2 blocks away (Brigham Apartments)**amazing location**, eliminating the need for public transit.  There are endless places to eat and grab whatever you need within a .5 radius in every direction. The vibe is radiant and the aesthetic.. Well, let’s just say I was sold the moment I walked off the elevator.  It’s eccentric and modern, yet nestled in the heart of downtown salt lake, the location “buzzes” like a hive (hypothetically, all the lights are LED panels). If you are thinking of pursuing a boot-camp for Full Stack Javascript or UI / UX, don’t pass up the opportunity to see for yourself what being a member of the V-School Family is all about. I am so grateful I did. I feel at home. I’m confident in my instructors ability to make sure we ALL understand the concepts.  I am truly “getting IT”.  BONUS!! V-School provides yoga twice per week to ease the spirit and decompress the mind & body.  Their parking is amazingly convenient and safe.  The staff is wonderful, I am so happy with my decision to invest in my future at V-School.  I know I made the right choice. Thanks V-School! Happy Coding!!!