ut-austin-boot-camps-logo

UT Austin Boot Camps

Austin, Austin, Houston

UT Austin Boot Camps

UT Austin Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development courses, 24-week, part-time data analytics, UX/UI, and cybersecurity courses, and 18-week, part-time digital marketing and project management courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The product management curriculum teaches in-demand product management skills, starting with the essentials. Learners will master the tools to set themselves apart and deliver great products via roadmap development, backlog management, product life cycle management, A/B testing, and data analysis.

The boot camp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. The school empowers expert instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience. Students will enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the bootcamps are part-time, they are designed for working professionals and learners who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Texas at Austin’s Center for Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics and visualization, UX/UI Design, Cybersecurity, Digital Marketing, or Product Management.

UT Austin Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UT Austin Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.72

all (78) reviews for UT Austin Boot Camps →

Recent UT Austin Boot Camps News

Read all (14) articles about UT Austin Boot Camps →
  • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationAustin
    The Cybersecurity Boot Camp at UT Austin is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
    Tuition PlansPayment plan available
  • Data Analysis and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationAustin
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Payment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, SEO, Wordpress
    LocationAustin
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at Texas McCombs is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationAustin
    The Coding Boot Camp at UT Austin is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationAustin
    The Coding Boot Camp at UT Austin is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Product Management - Part-Time

LocationAustin
    Gain in-demand product management skills like market analysis, value proposition creation, roadmap development, rapid prototyping, SQL, and data visualization. Through hands-on training, learn how to define a target audience, communicate with stakeholders, write effective user stories, build wireframes, and more.
    Payment plans available
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

Git, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, User Experience Design
    LocationAustin
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

• $500 UT Austin Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UT Austin Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Austin)
    • Data Analysis and Visualization - Part-Time (Austin)
    • All courses in Austin
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Austin)
    • All courses in Austin
    • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Austin)
    • All courses in Houston
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Austin)
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time (Austin)
  • Erdem Balikci  User Photo
    Erdem Balikci • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    When I heard about UT Data Analytics Boot Camp I got very excited because of its flexible schedule and comprehensive-up-to date curriculum.

I came from applied industrial mathematics background which requires lots of coding. I felt like I had to improve the skill sets that will lead me to find a better job in the data-driven industries. So, I took T/Th/S classes and I enjoyed them all very much.

UT Data Analytics boot camp offers you everything to improve yourself. If you are a hard worker and self-driven individual, this boot camp is just right for you.

They will teach you Python, JavaScript, D3.js, Leaflet.js, Machine Learning, HTML/CSS, and more based on the demands of the data-driven industry.

The projects and the homework are challenging but also helps you to improve yourself.

The instructional team is top-notch. They know what they are doing. The instructors Jeremy, Robin, and TAs Ted, Joe, Neelesh, and all other were very helpful and friendly.
    Friday, Apr 20 2018
    Way to go, Erdem! We love reading reviews likes yours. We're glad that you enjoyed the program and found our instructional staff and TAs knowledgeable. We are very proud of our team, knowing that they met your expectations. They are pretty fantastic—we couldn't agree more!

As far as your advice, you are correct. This is a rigorous program that covers a high volume of material and requires hours of commitment, not only in the coursework but also in the job search. It's challenging but extremely rewarding. You’ve clearly put in the hard work and dedication it takes to get the most out of the program. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for choosing our boot camp. We wish you all the best going forward!
  • Prakash Tendolkar  User Photo
    Prakash Tendolkar • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I felt that the Data Analytics and Visualization boot camp at UT Austin is a very well designed, comprehensive program that covers the Data Analytics field well and is designed with data industry's needs in mind.

It covers over 25 different tools, technologies, and languages. Each topic starts with simple code/examples and builds up to difficult problems. The pace is fast but TA's are always there to help you as soon as you face an issue, during the class. The lectures are recorded so you can listen to any lecture if you miss. If you have questions from a previous lecture you can arrive early and ask them to TAs or to the professor or ask them in the break or after the class. You can attend lectures remotely, too.

Another point I liked is, this boot camp has career services homeworks and guidance too. I found these services very useful.

The professors are knowledgeable and patient in answering questions. Sometimes they show alternate ways to do the same thing, which improves one's understanding.

For projects you can choose your own project so there is a lot of flexibility. If your team ends up choosing a hard project, you will have to work hard, but help is always there from TA's and professors.

I am very happy that I took this course. I learned a lot in just 6 months. I also enjoyed the course, even if I had to work very hard. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get into data analytics or improve the skills further.

Tuesday, Apr 10 2018
    Wow, thank you for your feedback, Prakash! We are glad to hear the course not only challenged you but also provided the skills and knowledge set you needed to fuel your success in data analytics. You're right in that this is a fast-paced program that requires dedicated time and commitment, as such, it makes us proud to hear that our instructors and TAs were able to provide you with the necessary help and support. Like you mentioned, we do record all of our classes to facilitate the learning process in case students miss a lesson for any reason or want to rewatch a particular class. Our mission is to always empower our students with the necessary resources they might need to excel in the program.

Our Career Services team makes it their mission to help students succeed, so it’s wonderful they were able to provide individualized feedback on your job search materials and improve your Employer Ready skills. Congratulations on all of the hard work you put into completing the program! We wish you continued success in your future endeavors.
  • Isaac  User Photo
    Isaac • Senior SaaS UI Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Feedback for new and potential students

I wanted to move from academia to industry so that I can work as a part of a team on a daily basis. Because I hadn't had prior experience in industry and took a 1-year break in 2016, I couldn't easily land a developer position in early 2017.

I decided on the UT Coding Bootcamp due to its comprehensive, up-to-date curriculum. No other bootcamp in Austin (other than maybe General Assembly) offered as much content, well-scheduled and relevant nowadays, in 12 weeks. I really enjoyed the class and learned a lot. My instructor and TAs, Eric, Erik, and Brandon, were all great.

Because I had math and CS background, I picked up new ideas and skills fast. If this is your first time to coding, I recommend that you learn actively. Constantly code in class and don't plagiarize (don't wait for answers either). Hang out with your classmates, go for lunch together, learn from them, teach them, and support each other.

On two occasions, we didn't get to cover enough material to complete homework over the weekend. I actually found these times to be the best, because I got to do research and teach myself. The next few days in class became a breeze. :)

The other highlight for me was the team projects. I was lucky to have had great team members who were eager to learn and contribute. I think whether you will enjoy your team projects will depend on how much leadership skills you and other members have had prior to the coding camp.

For more information, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn!

Feedback for the curriculum design team

Overall, the exercises matched the course curriculum well and helped us complete our homework and team projects. I could tell that the exercises were written by multiple people, and some files were better commented than others. Maybe work on having a consistent coding style?

Because the frameworks are constantly updated, the exercises were outdated at times. I'd like you to introduce ES6/ES7 early and use Bootstrap 4 and Laravel 5.5, in particular. Some of our PHP exercises didn't work, so we ended up giving up on the PHP homework.

The flashcard homework (cloze) was the weakest one with minimal instructions, so I'd like to see it dropped in lieu of a more interesting assignment.

Tuesday, Dec 05 2017
    Hi Isaac,

We love hearing that you decided to join our program because of our up-to-date curriculum because we strive to constantly assess and adjust what we're teaching our students based on local market demand.

It's excellent that your instructors and TAs provided you with the guidance and assistance you needed during your boot camp journey and we really appreciate your sharing your insights and advice for future students, as these are very useful to those who are looking to enroll in our program. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the group projects that are built into our course because we know how important it can be for our students to understand the experiences they may have when working within a team of web developers in the real world.

We really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on our curriculum, as we know how valuable student feedback can be to our efforts to continually improve our program. Congratulations on completing the course, we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
  • Aaron Walker  User Photo
    Aaron Walker • Technical Support Engineer 1 • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I decided that I wanted to change my career path and get into web development.  My background was electronics and I wanted to do more software where I could could use creative problem solving instead of "make this thing that's broken work like it used to." I looked around and read a lot of reviews for numerous boot camps and in the end, I picked this one because:

A) It had very high reviews

B) The curriculum was reviewed by UT, thus having its "stamp of approval"

C) The curriculum is also reviewed by members of the tech industry, allowing for it to adapt to the changing needs of employers

D) It was Post 9/11 GI Bill approved (a big plus)

Curriculum (4.5 stars):

Overall the curriculum was very good.  We started with the basics (HTML, CSS) and worked our way up through JavaScript, Ajax,  jQuery, Node.js, SQL and Sequelize, NoSQL and MongoDB, React, React Native, PHP, and other technology.  As stated below, this course was not designed to teach you everything but introduce you to these web technologies just enough that you understand what they are and how they are used.  The course ensures that you also have a pretty good portfolio by the end of it via homework assignments.  It was not uncommon for many of us to go back and redo some of them after we graduated once we had more experience.  If anything, it creates a really good starting point for the creating of an impressive portfolio.

My overall biggest criticism is that I felt that there could be a few days more devoted to JavaScript, considering how it's practically the cornerstone of the course (and web development). My second would be that, while the curriculum creation team knows the material well, it shows throughout the course and the examples that they don't have a lot of experience teaching.  This can lead to lessons that fly a little too easily over some of the heads in class. Luckily, the instructor and TA's help ensure that this is only temporary. Thirdly, I feel there needs to be more communication during the weeks following up to the start date, with tips on what to brush up on every week or two weeks, giving those who sign up way in advance a better understanding on what they can do to prepare.

Instructors (5 stars):

Awesome instructors and TA's.  Our instructor was very knowledgable about everything in the course and then some.  His vast, real-world experience in web development allowed for him to teach and mentor us in not just the subjects but also about the industry itself.  He, and the TA's, did an excellent job explaining things in a way that make them click.  They also devoted time outside of class to help us if we needed it.  Plus they provide feedback that helps make your assignments better and where they can go from there.

Job Assistance (5 stars):

Excellent job search preparation and assistance.  Throughout the course, you will start to prep your resume, tweek/create your online presence, and practice for interviews for the eventual day that you start applying for jobs.  They help you with all these aspects and continue to do so after the course is over by providing networking events weekly, giving webinars on various job search topics, and providing weekly one-on-one time to see how your progress is going and give advice on how to snag your first gig.  While they will put in your resume for certain jobs where they have established a connections, the job hunt will still be 99% on you.  They just provide excellent advice, assistance, and help direct you where the jobs could be hiding.

Advice for new booters:

This is an intense course.  They continually tell you it will be like drinking from a fire hose.  The purpose of this boot camp is not to teach you everything.  Its job is to expose you to and teach you enough of different web technologies that you'll be able to know what they do, how they work (and work together), and just how much you still need to learn on your own.  This boot camp (in fact most of them) are meant to help you dip your toes into the vast ocean of web development.

Just remember, in web development and in this course:

1) Everyone has to start from the beginning.  Don't beat yourself up for not knowing a lot.  Just take great notes and make a plan for how you're going to continue educating yourself.

2) You don't know everything.  You never will.  Nobody does.  Nobody is going to judge you on your knowledge/skill level.  As long as you constantly striving forward toward the goal of improving yourself, nobody is going to think less of you. If you run into somebody who does, they are the 1% in the industry that are nothing but sad, little people so don't waste your time with them.

3) DO NOT GIVE UP! I mean it.  This course is hard.  You will have to devote ALL your time to get the most from this course.  On average, I spent 40 hours a week outside of class working on the assignments.  It was worth it.  Don't quit! It doesn't get easier but you do get used to it.

4) Ask for help and help others.  Web development is more than just technology; its also about communication and teamwork.  There will be some things that don't make sense to you and that's fine; ask one of your classmates who does.  Same goes the other direction; help others when you can.  You can create some very strong and lasting relationships with this course so take advantage of it.  Also, nobody likes an a-hole who doesn't help others when they can.

5) Don't stop once you've graduated.  You will never stop learning and the only way you're going to one day get that dream job is to work hard and get good.  I spent 50% of my time job searching, 30% working on my portfolio, and the last 20% on diving deeper into a technology.  Don't make the mistake of spending 3 months learning and working hard just to stop and let it all slip away.

Overall/TLDR (4.75 stars):

Worth it.  I quit my job to devote 40+ hours a week for 3 months to learn web development and change careers.  I would do it all over again.  They have an excellent curriculum with the UT's blessing, awesome instructors who understand how to help you learn, and amazing job assistance that give you more than enough tools to find your first job.  It doesn't teach you everything; it only teaches you enough to know where your deeper learning needs to start.  It may be like drinking from a fire hose but you get used to it.  You get out what you put in and when you put in all you've got, you get a great coding boot camp.

Tuesday, Dec 05 2017
    Congratulations on completing the program, Aaron! We're glad that you chose our course to help you in acquiring the in-demand skills for web development.

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. The student experience is our top priority, and understanding what guidance and support our students need during their boot camp journey is an important part of our efforts to continually improve our processes.

It's excellent to hear that you enjoyed our curriculum and that your instructors and TAs provided you with the instruction and assistance you needed to grasp these valuable new skills. It's also terrific that you were able to take advantage of the career services we offer. We're thrilled to hear that you found them to be so helpful.

Thank you for sharing your detailed insights for future students, these are all excellent words of advice for those who are looking to join our program. We hope you're proud of all the hard work you put into completing this course. We're cheering you on as you move forward in your career.
  • Jacob W.  User Photo
    Jacob W. • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I applied for the UT Coding Bootcamp over a year ago because I wanted a career move, something that would be intellectually challenging and would constantly involve problem solving. I figured development would be a good move and being fresh out of college it was looking like I would have to go back to school for another 2 years to get a bachelor's or master's in computer science. That is when I stumbled upon the "educational bootcamp" world. After looking at a few other bootcamp schools, I decided on the UT Coding Bootcamp because of its brand name recognition, it was highly recommended to me by one of my mentors and its 6 month part-time program allowed me to work full-time during it so that I could afford it.

The class was wonderful. The instructors and TAs were helpful and kind and I made some good friends in the class as well. A bit of advice to those looking into taking the course: you get out what you put in. This isn't a normal classroom setting. You aren't working for the grade, you are working to learn and that is what is important.  People take the class for various reasons, most (I believe) take it because they are looking to jump start their career in either web or software development. If this is you, then I suggest taking full advantage of the career services. That includes various things such as having guest speakers from companies come in and speak a little bit about the industry and what they do. There are mock-interviews and guidance for building out your resume. All which were perfect for someone like me who has little experience putting myself out there in the professional world.

The most important advice I could give to someone who goes through with the class is to take advantage of the career services that takes over after the class ends. You will be able to coordinate with your career director over slack on a daily basis and have weekly web conferences.  The career director was essential in helping me land a job as she used her resources to assist many of my applications with internal or external referrals. Also, she would gladly answer my meticulous questions like "How should I word this thank you email?" and "How can I make my resume A+ quality?" Job searching is an emotional rollercoaster and it's nice to have someone to lean on with a bunch of knowledge in that domain.

Friday, Oct 27 2017
    Hi Jacob,

Congratulations on completing the program! It makes us so proud to hear that your instructors, TAs, and Career Director were so helpful to you during your boot camp journey because we know that guidance and support are vital to helping our students learn valuable new skills in web development. We commend you for making excellent use of the resources provided to you during the program, and it is excellent to hear that our career services have had such a positive impact on your job search process.

We're so glad that you had a positive experience with our program, and we really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and insights from this course. We're wishing you continued success as you move forward in your career.
  • Kim J.  User Photo
    Kim J. • Junior Web Designer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I graduated from UT’s Houston Coding Bootcamp in August 2017 and landed a job as a Junior Web Designer shorty after. I wanted to transition more into development and still wanted to keep my full-time job. I saw that UT’s Houston Coding Bootcamp program offered evening part-time classes, you will graduate in 6 months, be taught by developers who work in the field and they assist with job placement. I liked that the program came from a top rank university (The University of Texas – Austin) because I would receive the best education.

I have previous experience in Web Design, but I wanted to understand programming better, learn backend technologies and frameworks that I never used before but heard about. UT’s Houston Bootcamp is intensive and to be successful in this program you need to put 100% effort into your projects and assignments.

The instructors and TAs that I had for my cohort were very knowledgeable, helpful and encouraging. Also, the Career Director and Student Success Manager were supportive of student needs.

If I could give any suggestions for future students planning to attend UT’s Houston Coding Bootcamp, please do the following below:

1. Ask questions even if you feel like it’s a stupid question. Your instructors/TAs/fellow students are there to help you.
    2. When tutoring services becomes available, schedule tutoring every week. Even if you think you understand what you are doing, it doesn’t hurt to use these extra resources.
    3. Always constantly check the curriculum/syllabus. See what you are going to learn the next week and prepare yourself to study the next subjects in advance.
    4. Make friends, network and create study groups with your classmates.
    5. Really give it your all when you are working on your projects/assignments.
    6. Try to get to know your mentors and ask how you can improve yourself as a developer.
    7. When you start working on your portfolio website in the beginning, keep updating it. Do not wait until the last few weeks of the Bootcamp to create your portfolio.
    8. REST/TAKE BREAKS, coding for hours can be stressful.

The things I would suggest for UT’s Houston Coding Bootcamp to improve on is extending the homework deadline for complex projects. I attended 3 classes each week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) and by the time we would get the assignment assigned to us, I really felt like I had 2 days to work on the assignment. This was because we were still covering material in the middle of the week to help do our assignment due on Sunday.

Other than that, I thought my experience at UT’s Houston Coding Bootcamp was great. It was stressful, but the friends you make that have a similar interest in coding make the experiences memorable. Those programming books I bought once before, I can now understand better.

Response From: Michelle Bury of UT Austin Boot Camps
    Monday, Oct 16 2017
    Congratulations on your new position as a junior web developer, Kim! We’re thrilled to hear that you had an overall positive experience with this course. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a detailed review and providing us with your suggestions because student feedback helps us to improve our program.

It makes us very proud of our team to hear that your instructors, TAs, Student Success Manager and Career Director all demonstrated their dedication to student success by providing you with the guidance and support you needed during your journey. As you said, this program is intensive, so we thank you for sharing your advice for future students, these are very useful insights for those looking to join our program.

We commend you on all of your hard work and success both in and outside of the program. Know that we’re cheering you on in your new position and wish you nothing but the best going forward!
    - 8/28/2017
    Paul D.  User Photo
    Paul D. • Medical Technologist • Student Verified via GitHub

If you have no idea where to start in the world of web development, this program is great for teaching you the basics and learning some industry-used technology. The main takeaway is that you get out what you put it. Even if the assignment seems super easy, the amount of effort you put in it will still impact you later in the program. In projects especially, challenge yourself because these will be seen by potential employers.

Don't hesitate to talk to TAs and your instructor. They will help you if you are willing to put in the effort.

If you already know a good deal about web development and the technologies industry uses/may use in the future, this probably isn't for you and may do better with personal research instead.

Friday, Sep 01 2017
    Thank you for your review Paul, we’re glad that you feel this program is useful for individuals who are looking to enter the world of web development.  As you mention, our students get the most out of this program when they make a real effort in their studies and coursework.

We carefully select our instructors and TAs because we know that providing our students with the support they need is important, so it’s great to hear that you found the instruction staff helpful. Congratulations on completing this program, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

• Great Experience!
    - 7/12/2017
    Eric  User Photo
    Eric • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I am so glad I chose the UT Coding Bootcamp. I was able to continue working full time with attending class during the week and on the weekends. It was not easy, but very much worth it.

Having a passion for coding, this camp was perfect for me to round out my skills, learn new libraries, and make me more marketable to my employer. We learned the in and outs of the MERN stack, and high level back-end and front-end web developement. I really appreciated finding out the camp changed the course because of local market demands.

At times, I felt like the course didn't dive into the material deep enough. However, that is sort of the point to the Bootcamps, it gives you a solid jumpping off point to do more in less time than you could on your own.

The passion from the teachers and TAs was very encouraging and got me excited to be in class every day. The staff has also been very active at keeping us in the loop and getting us ready for Demo day. I've never felt like there wasn't support available. Everyone is avalible within hours, and very responsive on Slack. Tutors were also availabe for even more help.

I met a lot of people, made a new friends, and have grown my network exponentially! The other cohorts are working on meetups and networking events to meet prior graduates and future students. There is a big sense of community.

Ultimately, I got way more out of the UT Austin Coding Bootcamp than I ever thought. I looked at other camps, but the biggest deciding factor for me was being part of the University of Texas system. Attending class on campus made me feel even more invested in the class, and having UT put their name on the class gave the bootcamp the validity that other bootcamps do not have.

Friday, Jul 14 2017
    We’re thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your boot camp experience, Eric. We believe that the friends and network you gain from the boot camp are a game-changing part of the experience, and we intentionally foster a sense of community. We also curate our curriculum to teach a relevant and well-rounded set of technical skills that students can use to enter the current field of web development, so we’re glad that the program helped you become more marketable. Like you mentioned, our boot camp is designed to teach a wide set of skills in a condensed time period, so more than anything, we teach you how to learn so that you can continue mastering new skills even after graduation.

It’s excellent that our instructors and TAs were able to provide you with the support you needed in order to be successful in our program, congratulations on all of the hard work you put into the course. The student experience is our top priority, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are cheering you on as you go forward.

• Erik • Graduate
    While I can't compare the course to other camps, given that I obviously only took the one, I have to say that the UT Austin boot camp was very educational for me. I feel ready to take on a professional web development job, and while I did have a little bit of coding experience beforehand, it certainly wouldn't have been enough to do what I am able to now. In just 6 months, I've gone from being able to change the color of some text on a webpage to being able to create an entire website from scratch, including interactive and visually pleasing elements.

They really emphasized the user experience and mobile-first design, both of which seemed a bit odd at first. Yet, as I continued, it made complete sense: if the site is hard to navigate, who will use it? If it looks bad on a phone, how many people are likely to come back? I also enjoyed my instructor, TAs, and classmates, and I now have several good-looking websites to show for my efforts -- many of which I built entirely from scratch!

In short: I definitely recommend this boot camp.
    Thursday, Aug 04 2022
    Thanks, Erik! We're happy you enjoyed your boot camp experience and found it to be educational. It's great to hear you feel confident in your newfound web development skills and made close connections with not only your instructional team but classmates as well. Congratulations on successfully completing the program! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Cybersecurity
    - 6/9/2022
    Aymee H/ • Graduate
    After assisting as a non-IT implementation team member during a software transition for a Police Department, a spark ignited leading me toward cybersecurity and this botocamp. During my six months with the instructor, TAs, and fellow students, my passion only grew and love for the fellow CS student/future CS professional became profound. Not to mention the connections and one-on-one mentoring from all UT Austin Bootcamp staff. If you are thinking of taking this course, do it! Rip that fear-ridden bandaid off! Yes, it is like drinking from a firehose. Yes, you will be less than confident in your skills at one point. Yes, you can do this. You will suceed and a new career is waiting for you!
    Thursday, Jun 09 2022
    We appreciate your review, Aymee! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to help you make a significant career change. We're thrilled the course fueled your passion for information security. Our entire team strives to enable student success, so we're thrilled you benefited from their support and made close connections. Congratulations on graduating! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Bootcamp
    - 3/8/2022
    Greg • Student
    Hi my name is Greg. I want to say when I first started this class I had no knowledge of cybersecurity or anything, I literally came in this program knowing nothing and I will admit I was scared. I was scared I would fail, I was scared to take the next step to even achieve anything at all but being here I learned alot I gained so much knowledge it’s crazy.. the courses go fast so you have to pay attention but luckily they upload the videos after so you rewatch and relearn. This was my greatest accomplishment.
    Thursday, Mar 10 2022
    Incredible, Greg! It's great to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of cybersecurity and further developed your technical skill set. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Alyssa Lanpher • Business Analyst • Student
    The UT Austin Digital Marketing Boot Camp is an excellent program for anyone looking to hone various digital marketing skills. While my undergrad degree was focused on Marketing, I really only learned traditional basics. As we all know, the world has shifted to most operations being virtual and marketing relies on us keeping up with the trends. This boot camp provided in-depth overviews of many of the digital marketing concepts I came across in my job search, but had little to no familiarity with. The course is structured well and the instructional team is phenomenal - these folks are very energetic and eager about the topics they discuss and even go out of their way to provide additional information outside of the course slide decks. Each member of the team brings their own experience and expertise, and it is a blast to learn from real-world professionals and their personal experiences. I certainly feel more prepared to make my move into the digital marketing world after completed the course even half way! Topics covered include WordPress/Web Design + Development, SEO, content/social media marketing, Google Analytics, and more! These are the hottest topics in digital marketing and the course sets every student up for success. I would recommend this course whole-heartedly to anyone who either wants to dive into digital marketing for the first time or brush up on the most important skills!
    Tuesday, Feb 08 2022
    Amazing, Alyssa! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to advance your digital skills. We're glad to hear you're enjoying the program structure and benefiting from the support of our entire instructional team. We appreciate your review and commend all the hard work you've dedicated thus far. We're looking forward to helping you successfully finish out the course. Happy studying!