university-of-utah-professional-education-boot-camps-logo

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps

Salt Lake City

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time web development, cybersecurity, and UX/UI courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from the University of Utah Professional Education Community Engagement and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or learn skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.7

all (38) reviews for University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps →

Recent University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationSalt Lake City
    University of Utah Professional Education Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationSalt Lake City
    University of Utah Professional Education Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Design, CSS
    LocationSalt Lake City
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available
  • Anonymous • Full Stack Developer • Graduate

The coding Boot Camp at the University of Utah is a great program. During the 6 month course I learned a lot about HTML, CSS, Boostrap, React, Javascript, node, Handlebarsjs, and many other things. I became fairly comfortable with all of it. With that being said you are given a lot but only have so much time to learn everything in class so be sure to set time aside to study and to work on the assignments. Because if you plan on just showing up to class to learn everything you are going to fail. The teachers and TA's are knowleadgeable and will help you to succeed if you ask them questions and pay attention. Be sure to take advantage of the career services to help you prepare a resume and to be ready to get a job by graduation. I just graduated I don't currently have a job but I have got a lot of potential jobs lined up.

Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps
    Title: Community Team
    Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and appreciate your advice for prospective students. Congratulations on your recent graduation, we are cheering you on in your new career path!
  • Current Student
    - 10/1/2018

For any of you thinking of enrolling - or those who will start soon - please do more pre-work than is recommended.  I wish I would have come to the program more prepared, and most of the class feels like they are behind.  I don't get as much out of the lectures as I would like - because of the speed at which they move.  I am seven weeks in and there is so much I wish I would have done before the class started.  Get a good handle on JavaScript before class starts!  The pre-work only had one small JavaScript assignment and I would have been a lot better off if I focused on this.  I would recommend the book "A Smarter Way to Learn JavaScript" before starting class.  The same author also has an HTML/CSS &  jQuery book that I wish I would have completed before class started.  I do love the challenge of the bootcamp I just wish I would have done more to prepare. More to come later!  Full review to come later.  So far plenty of support from Trilogy and the University of Utah, but I am new to this field and am wishing I would have done more to prepare for the bootcamp.  Longer Review to come when I finish.

Title: Community Team
    Thursday, Oct 04 2018
    Hi Anonymous, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the challenging nature of the program and have felt supported by our team thus far.

We understand that due to the fast pace of the program, you would have liked to spend more time on learning materials before the course began in order to maximize on the in-class lectures. Like you mentioned, we provide students with 30 hours of pre-work, and completely agree that beginners should spend additional time on online tutorials as this is a rigorous course. Before classes begin, we try to emphasize the importance of this. We are always looking to improve, so we appreciate your input and recommendation to spend more time on JavaScript exercises prior to our pre-work, this is great advice for future students.

As you're still in the initial stages of the course, we would welcome any other suggestions you may have to improve your experience. Our goal is for students to feel equipped to master the course material, so we encourage you to tap into our other support services, including office hours, weekly walk-throughs, our tutor and peer networks, as well as consider joining study groups. You can also rewatch lectures and video postings of each classroom session on BCS. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (801) 895-2166. We wish you all the best as you continue through the program.