university-of-utah-professional-education-boot-camps-logo

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps

Salt Lake City

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time web development, cybersecurity, and UX/UI courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from the University of Utah Professional Education Community Engagement and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or learn skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.69

all (37) reviews for University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps →

Recent University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationSalt Lake City
    University of Utah Professional Education Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationSalt Lake City
    University of Utah Professional Education Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Design, CSS
    LocationSalt Lake City
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available
  • Robert Fisher  User Photo
    Robert Fisher • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
    Course was very helpful and educational.  Instructors and teacher aids were always willing to help and make sure the material was understood.  When I signed up for the course I was promised assistance with a job search.  This has proven quite fruitless.  While my career counselor is awesome and very helpful......there are literally no cybersecurity jobs posted on the job board.  If there are any, which is rare, they are usually out of state.  I spent the 12k thinking I'd have a career in Cybersecurity.  While I appreciate all that was taught to me, the job search is thus far fruitless with little to go off of.  They did offer assistance and provide valuable feedback on my resume to get me employer-ready, but with no jobs posted on the board and no leads given to the career counselors, it's not very helpful at this moment.  This could change and I am hopeful it will.  You will learn much, but the Cybersecurity job board is currently non-existent.  I have stayed in contact with some of my classmates and many of them are in the same situation.  Spent 12000 and still at the same job they were at when we all started 1 year ago.  Hopefully, this changes.  You need to get some actual cybersecurity jobs posted and get your career counselors some leads.  Until that changes, I would not recommend signing up.
    Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps
    Monday, Apr 05 2021
    Thanks, Robert! It's great to hear you found the boot camp to be helpful and found our instructional team to be supportive throughout your learning journey.

We strive to provide dedicated career services guidance throughout the entirety of the program through individualized support, technical interview training, portfolio reviews, 1:1 coaching, and more to help students become competitive job candidates. Based on your review, we understand that you have not yet achieved your desired job outcomes. We are continually optimizing our professional development assistance, so we thank you for sharing this input and hope you will continue to benefit from our continued support following graduation.

We sincerely care about all our learners and would welcome the opportunity to further discuss how else we can support you at this time and help meet your expectations. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (801) 895-2166.
  • UX/UI bootcamp
    - 3/10/2021
    Kanagavarshini Sathiyanarayanan   User Photo
    Kanagavarshini Sathiyanarayanan • Verified via LinkedIn
    I thank Uou for the wonderful opportunity. We had a great learning experience.  I had a great teaching team includin  TAs who has many years of experience in web development and ux design. The fellow students were motivating and it was all like a team effort for the past 6 months. I learnt the user research methods, usability, ideation, wireframing and prototyping. Actually understood to how to consider users and stakeholders when designing a product and thus giving a successful product.
    Monday, Mar 15 2021
    Way to go, Kanagavarshini! We're thrilled you had a great learning experience and enjoyed the curriculum. We strive to foster a collaborative and supportive classroom environment so it's great to hear this resonated with you. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Jon Jessee  User Photo
    Jon Jessee • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I saw an ad for this bootcamp about 2 months after completing my military service and saw it as a perfect fit since I did not want to return to school full time but also wanted valuable experience that would help me land a good job. For any other veterans, they do also accept the GI bill which was immensely helpful. Even though the course can be rather intense at times with the fast paced learning, it was a great experience and I learned a lot more than I could have imagined at the outset. The instructional staff was absolutely incredible, they were always available to help me with any of my homework or projects and were very knowledgeable in each subject we covered. Additionally, the career services team was exceptional and attending their optional meetings really helped me develop the materials and skills that I needed to feel more prepared for the job search. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who needs a flexible schedule and wants to learn a lot while developing a solid work portfolio.
    Wednesday, Jan 20 2021
    We appreciate your review, Jon! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced course, one that will require extensive time and hard work. It's great to hear you took advantage of the available resources and reached out to both our instructional and career services team for additional assistance. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck as you move forward!
  • Dilan Li  User Photo
    Dilan Li • Graduate • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I had a very good experience with this bootcamp. The instructor and TA were very helpful and knowledgeable, the class had a friendly learning environment. There were a lot of times that our instructor stayed after hours just to sort out the problems the classmates had. I graduated from this program feeling confident about my skills and if there are something I do not know to to approach, I now feel confident that I have the skills to find the answer. The three group projects we had during the bootcamp was also helpful in terms of working with other developers to build a larger project. The pace for this course is a bit on the faster end but therefore left me a lot of materials to learn on my own after graduation.
    Friday, Nov 13 2020
    Amazing, Dilan! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and found our entire instructional team to be knowledgeable. It's great to hear you feel confident in your newfound web development skills and benefited from collaborating on group projects. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.
  • Natalie  User Photo
    Natalie • Student Verified via GitHub
    This boot camp was very educational. I was brand-new to the majority of topics being taught but was still able to learn the curriculum quickly. The composition of the course is fast-paced, even for part-time students. This can make it challenging, however, the free tutoring offered is extremely beneficial to your learning experience. There is quite a lot of support offered if you need to take advantage.

The dynamic of the course was set up in such a way that accounted for almost every possible obstacle that could come up. I was not supposed to take this boot camp online but ended up having to make the switch due to extenuating circumstances (thanks, COVID 👍). Although the learning experience was altered at times, I still gained the same knowledge as I would have in the classroom.

My primary instructor was fantastic and really made a difference to the class's success. Each class was equipped with two teaching assistants and they also worked very hard to make sure everyone was understanding the material. The class also has a personal student manager who acts as a point of contact for all students. Overall, this structure is most benefitting to students because they have multiple outlets for assistance if needed. They check in with you personally to ensure all students are having the best experience and succeeding to the fullest.

I did not personally partake in the Job Assistance portion of the course but I did notice that it was highly detailed and organized. I imagine it would be helpful to anyone who wanted to use that opportunity. Even without this unique resource, you still finish the course with a profoundly better understanding of web development and plenty of other skills associated with it. I would recommend this course to anyone who wishes to gain web development skills quickly but still learn enough to complete a wide range of projects afterward.
    Monday, Aug 10 2020
    Way to go, Natalie! We truly appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience. You're completely right that this is a fast-paced program and as such can be hard to keep up. Like you noted, though, taking advantage of all the available resources, including tutoring, can help you stay ahead and understand complex concepts.

Your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all students. We're thrilled to know this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from our online format.

Our program is designed to enable student success throughout every step of the way, so we're glad this resonated with you. We take pride in being responsive and fostering a collaborative classroom environment.

We look forward to helping you close out the boot camp and commend all the hard work you've dedicated thus far!
  • Bootcamp review
    - 12/29/2019
    Jeremy Atwood  User Photo
    Jeremy Atwood • Junior developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

When I attended this bootcamp it was a great experience, and I meet a lot of people that have greatly helped me in my persuits, and learning experience. The staff and advisors were an amazing resource to have and I highly recommend that people utilize their assistance. I wish I would have utilized the assistance much earlier on in my class, because with out that assisstance I would not have been able to graduate.

Friday, Jan 03 2020
    Amazing, Jeremy! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and found our entire boot camp team to be of great assistance throughout your journey. Thank you for your review and congratulations on successfully completing the program! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • I'm a new person
    - 10/26/2019
    Jared Wight  User Photo
    Jared Wight • Full-Stack TA and Tutor • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The title says it all. I have worked food jobs my whole life and because of this bootcamp, my salary has doubled. The instructor Jonathan is super invested in helping and encouraging everyone further thier career. After putting my heart and soul into this bootcamp, I feel confident I understand and code in JS and other web techs as well or better than someone who has a degree and years of experience.

The camp did great at introducing us to new material without sacrificing lots of time and busy work like colleges.

Monday, Oct 28 2019
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Jared! We're honored you chose our program to make a significant career change and benefited from our instructional support— we also think Jonathan is fantastic. Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to do amazing things with your newfound web development skills.
  • Daniel  User Photo
    Daniel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Not only was this course recommended by multiple people to me, but it was already in partnership with a well-respected University. I had Q as a teacher for the majority of the course and I absolutely loved his mentorship and industry experience. The same was true with all of the instructors within the course. Plus, the TA's were just as helpful and friendly. I feel like I have already gained an extremely strong network.

On top of this, having access to the entire career services team over the course and after into employment I felt like everyone always had my back. Their industry knowledge and support definitely helped me flourish.

Thank you!

Thursday, Aug 01 2019
    Thanks so much, Daniel! We're thrilled you benefited from our entire boot camp team's ongoing support and encouragement—we also think Q is pretty amazing. It's great to hear you had a positive student experience and developed a strong network. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we're rooting you on in all that you do!
  • Great Course!!!
    - 7/29/2019
    Kayla  User Photo
    Kayla • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I took the Web Development Boot Camp through the University of Utah and I have nothing but great things to say about my experience. The course was 6 months and there is no doubt about it that 6 months was brutal and challenging and broke my brains some days, but it is a boot camp and I went into the program expecting that. Despite the hardwork and late nights of studying and coding, I loved it! I loved that I was learning exactly what I needed to to give me a career that I would love. I can not say enough good things about how supportive and engaging the instuctors, student support staff, and TA's were. They were always so willing to help you with an issue or find a new way to explain a challenging concept. In all honesty I would say that it was the best academic support I have ever had. On top of all that I genuinely enjoyed the course, made new friends and built my network and now I am a full-stack developer and that is all thanks to this amazing course that helped me get there. I would recommend it to any person who has a desire to learn coding and is willing to put in the effort and time :D

Tuesday, Jul 30 2019
    Way to go, Kayla! Like you mentioned, this is a challenging course and will require an extensive amount of time to mastering the material both inside and outside of the classroom, so we commend all your hard work. It's great to hear you felt supported by our entire boot camp team and made lasting connections with your classmates. We truly appreciate your review and recommendation. Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Khris Watters  User Photo
    Khris Watters • Developer / Systems Administrator • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The U of U full Stack Coding Boot Camp is a great solution for anyone who wants to learn coding. As it is a full stack course you learn everything that you need to run the front end and the back end of a website which opens some fun and interesting doors into non-web developer uses.

This course is a very fast paced. you will spend 13-17 hours in class every week, your homework will take between 4-20 hours to complete every week, and as for myself I spent 5-10 more hours studding supplemental material for the course. So, given the pace of the class you really cannot fall behind and must have a lot of time available. That said it’s worth it.

One note on Job Assistance provided by the Course. When I took the class the career services portion was not very good. Trilogy and the U of U have spent considerable time and effort making it better and now when you come out assuming you do all that is recommended you will be very competitive.

Sunday, Feb 24 2019
    We're glad you enjoyed our full-stack web development curriculum, Khris! You're completely right that this is a fast-paced course, one that requires students to dedicate extensive time towards mastering the material. Our career services are always evolving to best meet the needs of our students, so we're happy our recent changes have made a positive impact on you. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success!
  • Web Development
    - 2/21/2019
    Liliana Quinley  User Photo
    Liliana Quinley • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was thinking over and over on how to Started Bootcamp since I had Zero knowledge on computer science. It turned out on an amazing experience itself.  I learned so much in so little time. The instructors and TAs care a lot about students,  they were very helfulf and understand that not all of us were able to process the information in the same way. It was may times were I was lost but fortunatelly  there is a lot of help with the program. It is very important to meet the homework deadlines to not feel overwhelmed at the end of the program. It is very rewarding to see all hard work is pay off and  reflected on my final project. Then I could realize how far I could go in just 24 weeks.

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Amazing, Liliana! Our boot camp team is passionate about helping students succeed, so we're glad this resonated with you throughout your journey. Great advice for prospective learners — it's important to keep up with homework deadlines. Congratulations on graduating, we're proud of all the hard work you dedicated! All the best in your future aspirations.
  • Web Development
    - 2/21/2019
    Sipha Phaophongsavath  User Photo
    Sipha Phaophongsavath • Graduate Verified via GitHub

It has been a really amazing experience taking this bootcamp! I came in with no experience and the instructor provided so much knowledge. At first, I thought it was just going to be a regular course. But it was far from that. The TA's were very helpful as well, and the class was also very engaging. I am excited for the future and I do recommend going through this course!

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Way to go, Sipha! We're happy to hear you had an amazing boot camp experience and are excited for the future. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts! Best of luck as you move forward.