university-of-utah-professional-education-boot-camps-logo

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps

Salt Lake City

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps offers 24-week, part-time web development, cybersecurity, and UX/UI courses in Salt Lake City and Sandy, Utah, and online. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Express.js, React.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more, with in-person and online options. The cybersecurity curriculum provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from the University of Utah Professional Education Community Engagement and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or learn skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.

University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (30) reviews for University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps →

Recent University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationSalt Lake City
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSalt Lake City
    University of Utah Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full-Stack Web Development (Online) Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSalt Lake City
    Learn to code wherever you are. The full-stack, online curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Through hands-on projects and training, students will complete the coding program in 24 weeks via live, instructor-led lessons. Individuals receive support from a variety of channels, so students are never alone throughout their online coding boot camp journey. Utah's online coding boot camp gives you the opportunity to “think like a developer.” In addition to learning many of the most in-demand languages and creating your own personal portfolio, you will also partake in an 8-week Agile Team Project that mimics a real-world environment. Enrollees are assigned a piece of the full project (division of tasks into short phases of work and frequent reassessment of adaptation of plans) and then finalize the project together with the assistance of an industry leader who has on average 5-7 years of experience as a software engineer. At the end of this online coding program, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Utah Continuing Education & Community Engagement, helping you stand out to employers.
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationSalt Lake City
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend classes. Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available
  • Bootcamp review
    - 12/29/2019
    Jeremy Atwood  User Photo
    Jeremy Atwood • Junior developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

When I attended this bootcamp it was a great experience, and I meet a lot of people that have greatly helped me in my persuits, and learning experience. The staff and advisors were an amazing resource to have and I highly recommend that people utilize their assistance. I wish I would have utilized the assistance much earlier on in my class, because with out that assisstance I would not have been able to graduate.

Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps
    Friday, Jan 03 2020
    Amazing, Jeremy! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and found our entire boot camp team to be of great assistance throughout your journey. Thank you for your review and congratulations on successfully completing the program! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • I'm a new person
    - 10/26/2019
    Jared Wight  User Photo
    Jared Wight • Full-Stack TA and Tutor • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The title says it all. I have worked food jobs my whole life and because of this bootcamp, my salary has doubled. The instructor Jonathan is super invested in helping and encouraging everyone further thier career. After putting my heart and soul into this bootcamp, I feel confident I understand and code in JS and other web techs as well or better than someone who has a degree and years of experience.

The camp did great at introducing us to new material without sacrificing lots of time and busy work like colleges.

Tuesday, Oct 29 2019
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Jared! We're honored you chose our program to make a significant career change and benefited from our instructional support— we also think Jonathan is fantastic. Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to do amazing things with your newfound web development skills.
  • Daniel  User Photo
    Daniel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Not only was this course recommended by multiple people to me, but it was already in partnership with a well-respected University. I had Q as a teacher for the majority of the course and I absolutely loved his mentorship and industry experience. The same was true with all of the instructors within the course. Plus, the TA's were just as helpful and friendly. I feel like I have already gained an extremely strong network.

On top of this, having access to the entire career services team over the course and after into employment I felt like everyone always had my back. Their industry knowledge and support definitely helped me flourish.

Thank you!

Thursday, Aug 01 2019
    Thanks so much, Daniel! We're thrilled you benefited from our entire boot camp team's ongoing support and encouragement—we also think Q is pretty amazing. It's great to hear you had a positive student experience and developed a strong network. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we're rooting you on in all that you do!
  • Great Course!!!
    - 7/29/2019
    Kayla  User Photo
    Kayla • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I took the Web Development Boot Camp through the University of Utah and I have nothing but great things to say about my experience. The course was 6 months and there is no doubt about it that 6 months was brutal and challenging and broke my brains some days, but it is a boot camp and I went into the program expecting that. Despite the hardwork and late nights of studying and coding, I loved it! I loved that I was learning exactly what I needed to to give me a career that I would love. I can not say enough good things about how supportive and engaging the instuctors, student support staff, and TA's were. They were always so willing to help you with an issue or find a new way to explain a challenging concept. In all honesty I would say that it was the best academic support I have ever had. On top of all that I genuinely enjoyed the course, made new friends and built my network and now I am a full-stack developer and that is all thanks to this amazing course that helped me get there. I would recommend it to any person who has a desire to learn coding and is willing to put in the effort and time :D

Tuesday, Jul 30 2019
    Way to go, Kayla! Like you mentioned, this is a challenging course and will require an extensive amount of time to mastering the material both inside and outside of the classroom, so we commend all your hard work. It's great to hear you felt supported by our entire boot camp team and made lasting connections with your classmates. We truly appreciate your review and recommendation. Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Khris Watters  User Photo
    Khris Watters • Developer / Systems Administrator • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The U of U full Stack Coding Boot Camp is a great solution for anyone who wants to learn coding. As it is a full stack course you learn everything that you need to run the front end and the back end of a website which opens some fun and interesting doors into non-web developer uses.

This course is a very fast paced. you will spend 13-17 hours in class every week, your homework will take between 4-20 hours to complete every week, and as for myself I spent 5-10 more hours studding supplemental material for the course. So, given the pace of the class you really cannot fall behind and must have a lot of time available. That said it’s worth it.

One note on Job Assistance provided by the Course. When I took the class the career services portion was not very good. Trilogy and the U of U have spent considerable time and effort making it better and now when you come out assuming you do all that is recommended you will be very competitive.

Sunday, Feb 24 2019
    We're glad you enjoyed our full-stack web development curriculum, Khris! You're completely right that this is a fast-paced course, one that requires students to dedicate extensive time towards mastering the material. Our career services are always evolving to best meet the needs of our students, so we're happy our recent changes have made a positive impact on you. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success!
    - 2/22/2019
    Liliana Quinley  User Photo
    Liliana Quinley • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was thinking over and over on how to Started Bootcamp since I had Zero knowledge on computer science. It turned out on an amazing experience itself.  I learned so much in so little time. The instructors and TAs care a lot about students,  they were very helfulf and understand that not all of us were able to process the information in the same way. It was may times were I was lost but fortunatelly  there is a lot of help with the program. It is very important to meet the homework deadlines to not feel overwhelmed at the end of the program. It is very rewarding to see all hard work is pay off and  reflected on my final project. Then I could realize how far I could go in just 24 weeks.

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Amazing, Liliana! Our boot camp team is passionate about helping students succeed, so we're glad this resonated with you throughout your journey. Great advice for prospective learners — it's important to keep up with homework deadlines. Congratulations on graduating, we're proud of all the hard work you dedicated! All the best in your future aspirations.
    - 2/21/2019
    Sipha Phaophongsavath  User Photo
    Sipha Phaophongsavath • Graduate Verified via GitHub

It has been a really amazing experience taking this bootcamp! I came in with no experience and the instructor provided so much knowledge. At first, I thought it was just going to be a regular course. But it was far from that. The TA's were very helpful as well, and the class was also very engaging. I am excited for the future and I do recommend going through this course!

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Way to go, Sipha! We're happy to hear you had an amazing boot camp experience and are excited for the future. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts! Best of luck as you move forward.
  • catherine mcmillen  User Photo
    catherine mcmillen • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I learned so much and more than that I have a basic full stack structure I can now continue to build upon. I became very knowledgeable in REACT which I continue to use on projects now. Worth every penny, but not for the faint of heart. If have been doing self study or have a had some insight into code then go for it!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Amazing, Catherine! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of web development and feel knowledgeable in your skills. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future goals.
  • Chris Hibberd  User Photo
    Chris Hibberd • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    This was a very rewarding experience. Not only did I learn a lot about web development, but I learned a lot about myself. It was challenging and rigorous, but still possible. I couldn't be more proud of myself or more excited for the future. I would recommend this course to anyone that is interested in web development.
    Thursday, Feb 21 2019
    Way to go, Chris! We're glad to hear you had a rewarding boot camp experience and are proud of your newfound web development skills —we are too! Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review. We wish you continued success as you move forward.
    - 2/1/2019
    Janet Parker  User Photo
    Janet Parker • Risk Analyst • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I really enjoyed this course. It was challenging at times and I wanted to give up every time. But Im glad I stuck with it ad finished it. The skills that I have learned will enhance my career trememdously. Wheather you take this to advance your current career or to completely change your career path, I recomed it. The skills you learn are valable, but you have to keep in mind that it takes a lot of dedication and work. Totaly worth the money and time spent. The instructors and TA's were very helpful and there is plenty of support from the school. I didnt do the job assitance as I wanted to stay with my job.

Sunday, Feb 03 2019
    We truly appreciate your review, Janet! We're thrilled you enjoyed the course and found our instructional team to be so supportive. Congratulations on successfully graduating, we commend all your dedication and hard work! Best of luck in all your coding endeavors.
  • Jason  User Photo
    Jason • Server Admin. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I took this Course with 0 experience. It was really tough but really rewarding! I did this BootCamp based on the Technologies it taught and wanted to be backed by the University of Utah. To be successful, it took me about 30 hours a week of study outside of class! After I graduated, I  landed a job within 4 months.

Monday, Jan 28 2019
    Way to go, Jason! We commend all your hard work and commitment to mastering the course material. Congratulations on graduating and starting an exciting new career! We are rooting you on as you continue forward.
  • Nikki Bellock  User Photo
    Nikki Bellock • Program Director • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The class was an invaluable addition to my career toolbox. I took this course as a learning opportunity so I could talk to my own developers in a way they understood and I could decode what they were reporting to me. The University of Utah boot camp delivered above and beyond my expectations. I was able to secure a promotion and a raise after I completed the course as my employer recognized the value it added to the company.

The instructors really care about your progress and understanding of the material but the class is time boxed and there is a lot of material to cover both in and out of class. I can’t stress enough how studying on your own will key to success. The class will be what you make of it. If you put in the time and energy you will do well. If you aren't able to sacrifice the time, you should look elsewhere for schooling. The classes were fast paced, intriguing and packed full of information, but the self-learning outside of the classroom is what will move you ahead in the program.

The curriculum is complete and relevant to the workforce today. I appreciate how the program keeps up with the most current technology and imparts it on the class.

Lastly, the career services team is fantastic. The help they provide in getting you ready for the workforce is a special bonus. I know as a hiring manager, a polished resume and portfolio go a long way to getting in the door. However, it’s not mandatory and you have to go the extra mile to fit it in with the regular workload but it is completely worth it.

Overall I’m grateful to this program for giving me the tools and experience to better my position in life.

Monday, Jan 14 2019
    Amazing, Nikki! It's great to hear our program provided the tools and experience to better your position in life. We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and found our entire boot camp team to be so invaluable. We completely agree that if you are willing to put in the time and hard work you will succeed. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future goals.