University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps
Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.
Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from the University of Utah Professional Education Community Engagement and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or learn skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.
University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.
Recent University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.9
Recent University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps News
- Python, Linux, Penetration Testing, Mobile Security, Ethical Hacking, Cryptography, Network Security
In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,495 Class size 27 Location Salt Lake CityAt the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Pre-work Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week24 Weeks
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Pre-work Placement Test No Interview Yes
University of Utah Professional Education Boot Camps Reviews
29 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Bootcamp review- 12/29/2019Jeremy Atwood • Junior developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Web Development (Online) Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
When I attended this bootcamp it was a great experience, and I meet a lot of people that have greatly helped me in my persuits, and learning experience. The staff and advisors were an amazing resource to have and I highly recommend that people utilize their assistance. I wish I would have utilized the assistance much earlier on in my class, because with out that assisstance I would not have been able to graduate.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamFriday, Jan 03 2020Amazing, Jeremy! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and found our entire boot camp team to be of great assistance throughout your journey. Thank you for your review and congratulations on successfully completing the program! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
- I'm a new person- 10/26/2019Jared Wight • Full-Stack TA and Tutor • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via GitHub
The title says it all. I have worked food jobs my whole life and because of this bootcamp, my salary has doubled. The instructor Jonathan is super invested in helping and encouraging everyone further thier career. After putting my heart and soul into this bootcamp, I feel confident I understand and code in JS and other web techs as well or better than someone who has a degree and years of experience.
The camp did great at introducing us to new material without sacrificing lots of time and busy work like colleges.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamTuesday, Oct 29 2019Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Jared! We're honored you chose our program to make a significant career change and benefited from our instructional support— we also think Jonathan is fantastic. Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to do amazing things with your newfound web development skills.
- Stellar Support and Course- 7/31/2019Daniel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
Not only was this course recommended by multiple people to me, but it was already in partnership with a well-respected University. I had Q as a teacher for the majority of the course and I absolutely loved his mentorship and industry experience. The same was true with all of the instructors within the course. Plus, the TA's were just as helpful and friendly. I feel like I have already gained an extremely strong network.
On top of this, having access to the entire career services team over the course and after into employment I felt like everyone always had my back. Their industry knowledge and support definitely helped me flourish.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamThursday, Aug 01 2019Thanks so much, Daniel! We're thrilled you benefited from our entire boot camp team's ongoing support and encouragement—we also think Q is pretty amazing. It's great to hear you had a positive student experience and developed a strong network. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we're rooting you on in all that you do!
- Great Course!!!- 7/29/2019Kayla • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
I took the Web Development Boot Camp through the University of Utah and I have nothing but great things to say about my experience. The course was 6 months and there is no doubt about it that 6 months was brutal and challenging and broke my brains some days, but it is a boot camp and I went into the program expecting that. Despite the hardwork and late nights of studying and coding, I loved it! I loved that I was learning exactly what I needed to to give me a career that I would love. I can not say enough good things about how supportive and engaging the instuctors, student support staff, and TA's were. They were always so willing to help you with an issue or find a new way to explain a challenging concept. In all honesty I would say that it was the best academic support I have ever had. On top of all that I genuinely enjoyed the course, made new friends and built my network and now I am a full-stack developer and that is all thanks to this amazing course that helped me get there. I would recommend it to any person who has a desire to learn coding and is willing to put in the effort and time :D
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamTuesday, Jul 30 2019Way to go, Kayla! Like you mentioned, this is a challenging course and will require an extensive amount of time to mastering the material both inside and outside of the classroom, so we commend all your hard work. It's great to hear you felt supported by our entire boot camp team and made lasting connections with your classmates. We truly appreciate your review and recommendation. Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future endeavors!
- Full Stack from Zero To Hero- 2/22/2019Khris Watters • Developer / Systems Administrator • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via GitHub
The U of U full Stack Coding Boot Camp is a great solution for anyone who wants to learn coding. As it is a full stack course you learn everything that you need to run the front end and the back end of a website which opens some fun and interesting doors into non-web developer uses.
This course is a very fast paced. you will spend 13-17 hours in class every week, your homework will take between 4-20 hours to complete every week, and as for myself I spent 5-10 more hours studding supplemental material for the course. So, given the pace of the class you really cannot fall behind and must have a lot of time available. That said it’s worth it.
One note on Job Assistance provided by the Course. When I took the class the career services portion was not very good. Trilogy and the U of U have spent considerable time and effort making it better and now when you come out assuming you do all that is recommended you will be very competitive.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamSunday, Feb 24 2019We're glad you enjoyed our full-stack web development curriculum, Khris! You're completely right that this is a fast-paced course, one that requires students to dedicate extensive time towards mastering the material. Our career services are always evolving to best meet the needs of our students, so we're happy our recent changes have made a positive impact on you. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success!
- Web Development- 2/22/2019Liliana Quinley • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
I was thinking over and over on how to Started Bootcamp since I had Zero knowledge on computer science. It turned out on an amazing experience itself. I learned so much in so little time. The instructors and TAs care a lot about students, they were very helfulf and understand that not all of us were able to process the information in the same way. It was may times were I was lost but fortunatelly there is a lot of help with the program. It is very important to meet the homework deadlines to not feel overwhelmed at the end of the program. It is very rewarding to see all hard work is pay off and reflected on my final project. Then I could realize how far I could go in just 24 weeks.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Feb 25 2019Amazing, Liliana! Our boot camp team is passionate about helping students succeed, so we're glad this resonated with you throughout your journey. Great advice for prospective learners — it's important to keep up with homework deadlines. Congratulations on graduating, we're proud of all the hard work you dedicated! All the best in your future aspirations.
- Web Development- 2/21/2019Sipha Phaophongsavath • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via GitHub
It has been a really amazing experience taking this bootcamp! I came in with no experience and the instructor provided so much knowledge. At first, I thought it was just going to be a regular course. But it was far from that. The TA's were very helpful as well, and the class was also very engaging. I am excited for the future and I do recommend going through this course!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Feb 25 2019Way to go, Sipha! We're happy to hear you had an amazing boot camp experience and are excited for the future. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts! Best of luck as you move forward.
I learned so much and more than that I have a basic full stack structure I can now continue to build upon. I became very knowledgeable in REACT which I continue to use on projects now. Worth every penny, but not for the faint of heart. If have been doing self study or have a had some insight into code then go for it!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamFriday, Feb 22 2019Amazing, Catherine! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of web development and feel knowledgeable in your skills. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future goals.
- Full stack web development- 2/20/2019Chris Hibberd • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via GitHubThis was a very rewarding experience. Not only did I learn a lot about web development, but I learned a lot about myself. It was challenging and rigorous, but still possible. I couldn't be more proud of myself or more excited for the future. I would recommend this course to anyone that is interested in web development.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamThursday, Feb 21 2019Way to go, Chris! We're glad to hear you had a rewarding boot camp experience and are proud of your newfound web development skills —we are too! Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review. We wish you continued success as you move forward.
I really enjoyed this course. It was challenging at times and I wanted to give up every time. But Im glad I stuck with it ad finished it. The skills that I have learned will enhance my career trememdously. Wheather you take this to advance your current career or to completely change your career path, I recomed it. The skills you learn are valable, but you have to keep in mind that it takes a lot of dedication and work. Totaly worth the money and time spent. The instructors and TA's were very helpful and there is plenty of support from the school. I didnt do the job assitance as I wanted to stay with my job.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamSunday, Feb 03 2019We truly appreciate your review, Janet! We're thrilled you enjoyed the course and found our instructional team to be so supportive. Congratulations on successfully graduating, we commend all your dedication and hard work! Best of luck in all your coding endeavors.
- Full Stack Web Development- 1/24/2019Jason • Server Admin. • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
I took this Course with 0 experience. It was really tough but really rewarding! I did this BootCamp based on the Technologies it taught and wanted to be backed by the University of Utah. To be successful, it took me about 30 hours a week of study outside of class! After I graduated, I landed a job within 4 months.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Jan 28 2019Way to go, Jason! We commend all your hard work and commitment to mastering the course material. Congratulations on graduating and starting an exciting new career! We are rooting you on as you continue forward.
- Best Career Decision- 1/11/2019Nikki Bellock • Program Director • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
The class was an invaluable addition to my career toolbox. I took this course as a learning opportunity so I could talk to my own developers in a way they understood and I could decode what they were reporting to me. The University of Utah boot camp delivered above and beyond my expectations. I was able to secure a promotion and a raise after I completed the course as my employer recognized the value it added to the company.
The instructors really care about your progress and understanding of the material but the class is time boxed and there is a lot of material to cover both in and out of class. I can’t stress enough how studying on your own will key to success. The class will be what you make of it. If you put in the time and energy you will do well. If you aren't able to sacrifice the time, you should look elsewhere for schooling. The classes were fast paced, intriguing and packed full of information, but the self-learning outside of the classroom is what will move you ahead in the program.
The curriculum is complete and relevant to the workforce today. I appreciate how the program keeps up with the most current technology and imparts it on the class.
Lastly, the career services team is fantastic. The help they provide in getting you ready for the workforce is a special bonus. I know as a hiring manager, a polished resume and portfolio go a long way to getting in the door. However, it’s not mandatory and you have to go the extra mile to fit it in with the regular workload but it is completely worth it.
Overall I’m grateful to this program for giving me the tools and experience to better my position in life.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Jan 14 2019Amazing, Nikki! It's great to hear our program provided the tools and experience to better your position in life. We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and found our entire boot camp team to be so invaluable. We completely agree that if you are willing to put in the time and hard work you will succeed. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future goals.
- Fantastic Experience- 1/11/2019Justin Libbee • Primary Customer Support Analyst • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
The bootcamp was an emazing experience itsefl. I learned so much, and have been able to move to a new company and utilize some of my new skills. The instructors and TAs are amzing and great and helping you connect the dots with the concepts they are going over. They also understand that we come from all backgrounds and don't expect you to know the content in and out. You feel overwhelmed, but then you surprise yourself when you realized you know exactly what you are doing.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamFriday, Jan 11 2019Thank you for your review, Justin! We're thrilled to hear you had such a great boot camp experience and found our instructional team to be so supportive. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course! We are rooting you on as you move forward and use your new skills.
- Stay The Course!- 8/16/2018Christon Dunn • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
My motivation for taking this bootcamp was to have a job working remote doing something I am truly interested in. I came to this bootcamp with little to no background in development. My instructor was the best in giving us real world expereince as a web developer. The course does give you so much information that at times it can seem as if a fire hose is pointed straight at you. Rely on your classmates and TA's and don't be afraid to ask for help. Also, making sure to code every day whether it's review, practice, or homework is also a huge benefit. This course is time consuming but rewarding. I would recommend anyone who is wanting to go down this career path to apply!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamThursday, Aug 16 2018Thank you, Christon! Like you mentioned, this is a rigorous program that covers a wide range of topics in a short amount of time, so we are happy to hear your instructor provided real-world experience. We couldn't agree more that potential students should ask for help and code every day - this is really great advice. Congratulations on graduating, we applaud all your hard work and commitment! We know you will go on to achieve great things in the future.
- Graduate- 8/10/2018Sammy Straw • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
I loved this bootcamp.
- My instructor! Not only was he very knowledgable and flexible (especially in the early stages where we all felt like headless chickens), he knew how to put up with a class full of 20-to-50 year olds who were all in this for different types of reasons. He also made it very obvious that he cared a *lot* about us and wanted us to succeed.
- My TAs! These guys had previously taken the bootcamp and were an immense help and resource. We got to know them very well, even hanging out at one's house while we made food together and worked on our applications.
- My classmates! I made so many friends and we are planning on sticking together for a long time. We really gelled and wanted to be sure we kept up with each other in our paths to find new careers and new sites/apps we were building.
- My education! I went into the bootcamp already being very familiar with HTML/CSS but not much else. Over the course of 6 months we got a *lot* crammed in and I learned a lot of things. Web Developer jobs are always asking for a variety of different languages & skillsets, and a huge part of what we learned was out there on those job applications.
- My future. TWO WEEKS after graduation (which was also extremely fun, where we held a large event in a space downtown full of recruiters, tech companies, and families, with catered food and a diploma ceremony) I was offered a job. I put in the work: I had a portfolio (thanks to the bootcamp), a polished technical resume (thanks to the bootcamp), and I applied to as many jobs as I could. And my new place loved what I had to offer -- even pointing out that a '6 month bootcamp' was great, compared to some 13 week ones they had heard of. I had been SO SCARED of the fact that my education came from a bootcamp that I hadn't considered that it was, well, a damn good one.
- The U's help! We had a student success advisor who was always trying to keep up with how we were doing. We filled out weekly surveys when logging into class and sometimes if I said I was feeling overwhelmed, she would immediately reach out to help keep me from falling into the shame spiral (WE ALL DO IT, CMON). Plus both she and my instructor gave me nothing but positive energy the whole time, which helped with the whole morale thing.
- Cost. I took out a small personal loan for this course, with the mantra that "Don't worry, you'll be doubling your income... You can do it..." And it's true, my new job will definitely make it easier for me to pay off this loan much faster. And in two years I'll be worth even more.
- Personal time. It's basically college man, it's night class. 3 days a week in class and a TON of homework and studying. I did not have any free time during this bootcamp. But even so I forced myself to prioritize and make time and fit in one class of Tai Chi a week to calm myself down during the harder parts... :)
- You get what you put into it. I absolutely loved this course and wholly endorse it, obviously, having found a job. But if you don't put in the work, if you don't work with your team mates/classmates, you're going to have a bad time.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Aug 13 2018Way to go, Sammy! We are thrilled you embarked on your new career path with the help of our program. Our mission is to enable student success, so it's great to hear you enjoyed our instructor, TAs, classmates, Student Success Manager, and curriculum. You provided such helpful advice to potential students and are completely right that those looking to start have to put in the necessary work. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting job role! We wish you all the success moving forward.
- Hard Work Pays Off- 6/2/2018James Teerlink • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
First off you should know that prior to this bootcamp I had absolutely no development experience whatsoever. So if that's the same for you don't let that intimidate or discourage you from taking this bootcamp! It does take hard work and sincere effort (afterall what doesn't if you want to be great at something) but if you are serious about learning and expanding your coding skills then this is a fantastic bootcamp for new-comers!
My motivation for taking this bootcamp was because I wanted to change my degree and career path to computer science. I was a student at the University of Utah studying civil engineering as well as working in the civil engineering field in Utah as a structural engineering intern and draftsman. Because I was working full time and going to school I needed a way to look into computer science before I knew I really wanted to change my degree. When I saw that classes were held at night and on Saturdays I knew that it would fit my schedule. Like I said I had no prior knowledge of anything web development related so I took this bootcamp to learn as much as I could before solidifying my decision to finish a bachelor's degree in Computer Science. What I found is that the skills I learned in this bootcamp are used in the real-world and helped me greatly to find and apply for jobs at a junior developer level. After going through this changing process I am so happy that I took this bootcamp and made the decision to become a developer!
Lastly, I would say the greatest skill I got from being a student here is learning how to learn. Meaning that I have learned how to teach myself new languages, how to keep up with the ever improving tech industry and be patient with the process of becoming proficient at something new. I highly recommend this bootcamp!
Response From: Corrine Padilla of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Student Success ManagerTuesday, Jun 05 2018Amazing, James! We commend you for the hard work you put into this exciting career change and all you were able to accomplish with your newfound programming skills. Our course is designed to cater to both experienced and novice beginners, and we couldn't agree more that if you are serious about learning, this boot camp experience will definitely pay off!
Our entire staff is passionate about teaching the course material and ensuring the student experience is a success, so we're happy you felt supported and were able to return to TA for us. We pride ourselves on teaching students how to learn, providing a strong foundational skill set individuals can use to master additional programming languages post-graduation, so we are thrilled you continue to do so. Congratulations on your full-time web developer promotion and thank you for your review! We wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.
- Take out what you put in to it.- 5/31/2018Cody P. • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via GitHub
I was a graduate from the first course at the University and afterwards hired on as a TA. I had a great experience and am now employed as a full stack asp.net developer utilizing a lot of the skills learned in this bootcamp.
This course is fast paced and you learn a LOT of material of the entirety of the class. It can definitely be overwhelming at times, but the instructional staff is always willing to help and wanting you to succeed. If you are willing to dedicate the time it takes to master the material this is a very good bootcamp that will teach you skills needed to be employable in the current professional market.
The 3 projects you work on are the highlights of the course. Be ready to work long hours on applications that are completely up to you and your team to create from the ground up. This is difficult but incredibly rewarding.
I have seen people really struggle with the long hours and the commitment, and others come out very employable with their careers shifted to the software realm. This is not a college course where you are gunning for that 4.0, this is a pass/fail certification course that will give you all the tools and resources you need to make full stack web based applications. What you will be able to create after this course is truly amazing. If you are anything like me, you will also be impressed with yourself.
To rehash, this course is very time consuming, thorough, and intense. But the instructional staff is great and what you learn is worth every penny as long as you are able and willing to commit. You will not learn everything in the industry, but you will at least have an understanding and the knowledge base to go on and learn it either by yourself or in your career.
I would personally recommend this course.
Response From: Corrine Padilla of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Student Success ManagerThursday, May 31 2018Thank you for your review, Cody! We are thrilled you had such a positive boot camp journey, returning to TA for us and now a Full-Stack ASP.Net developer! Like you noted, this is a time-intensive and fast-paced program, covering a variety of topics in 24 weeks, but you are completely right that if you dedicate the necessary time to master the topics you can be successful. It is definitely rewarding to see your hard work and creations come to life! Our instructional staff is truly passionate about enabling students for success in the tech field, so we're glad they were able to assist you every step of the way. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best going forward!
- Great bootcamp, not for the faint of heart!- 5/25/2018Brady Withers • TA • Student • Verified via GitHub
I graduated from the University of Utah Coding Bootcamp in March of 2018. I had a great experience, and learned more in six months than I thought possible. I went into the bootcamp with zero experience in web development, and left with the confidence I needed to search for jobs in the field of study.
The intstructors and support staff were all amazing, I couldn't have done it without each ot them. I reached out to them countless times outside of office hours, and they were always willing to help. I was also able to secure a tutor when I needed additional help with the coursework.
I will say that the bootcamp was incredibly intense. You will learn a subject, apply that subject, and then complete a project on that subject, all while learning something new. There were plenty of times that I felt overwhelmend, but I knew going in that I should be prepared for that.
I spent an additional 20-30 hours a week outside of class doing projects, watching videos, re-doing assignments. That is in addition to the 12-14 hours (depending on if I arrived early, stayed late) that I spent in class. I did this while working full time, your life will pretty much be on hold for the six months of the course.
Overall I feel I was given a very good education, I developed deep and meaningful skills in quite a few areas, where other areas we only touched on briefly. I would have liked to have spent more time on languages such as C#, python, Ruby, but I also understand that you can only cover so much in a six month period of time. I do feel like I was given the skills to reseach languages and learn them on my own, so even though there were some gaps, I feel confident that I can learn new languages when I need to.
If you have the desire, and are willing to dedicate the needed time, this is a great bootcamp. The support, TA's, and Teachers were all great. If you are looking to learn web development, I highly recommend the Unversity of Utah Coding Bootcamp.
Response From: Corrine Padilla of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Student Success ManagerTuesday, May 29 2018Congratulations on graduating, Brady! Our entire staff is incredibly passionate about education and changing our students' lives, so it's great to know we were all able to support you throughout your boot camp experience. Like you mentioned, this is an intense program requiring students to dedicate a minimum of 20 hours on outside work to master the wide range of topics covered in 24 weeks. We pride ourselves on teaching students how to learn, providing individuals with strong foundational skills to easily dive into other programming languages post-graduation, so it's great to hear you feel confident in doing so! We understand you would have wanted to learn additional languages like C#, Python, and Ruby and truly appreciate this feedback as our curriculum is constantly being updated to be in line with market demands. Thank you for your review and recommending our course. We applaud you for all of your hard work and wish you great success in your future endeavors!
- Very Rewarding Experience- 7/29/2019Emily Robinson • Junior Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City
I did the full stack program here and it was awesome. I like that they teach front end and back end development so that everyone can see for themselves which they would prefer. That, and it being through the U, was why I chose this boot camp. The curriculum was very good and helped me in my current role and also helped me get a promotion. The information taught is what should be known by anyone working in software development in my opinion, it isn't just for developers. There is a lot you can do with this kind of knowledge.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamTuesday, Jul 30 2019Amazing, Emily! We're thrilled to hear you benefited from the curriculum and learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
- Fullstack Web Development- 7/11/2019Mataja • Graduate
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamFriday, Jul 12 2019Thanks for sharing your experience, Mataja! We're happy you enjoyed learning everything covered in the coding boot camp curriculum and felt supported throughout your journey. Like you noted, students are expected to make a significant time commitment to successfully complete the program, so we commend your hard work. Congratulations on graduating! We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
- Great Bootcamp- 6/28/2019Stu • Software Engineer • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamFriday, Jun 28 2019Thank you, Stu! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the program and also have to agree that Jonathan is pretty fantastic. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and best of luck in your future endeavors!
- Max Wilets- 2/24/2019Max Wilets • Student • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City
Started with minimal coding knowledge and left learning more than I did getting my bachelor's. I met a lot of great people, the instructor and TAs were very knowledgable and helpful. My favorite part was the projects, that's where I really put my skills to the test. I learned a lot and I am excited for my future in the developing world.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Feb 25 2019Thank you for sharing your journey, Max! We're thrilled you enjoyed our hands-on projects and found our instructional team to be knowledgeable. Congratulations on graduating, we wish all the best as you move forward!
- Full Stack Web Development- 2/21/2019Geoff Lambert • Back End Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamSunday, Feb 24 2019Thank you so much, Geoff! We're thrilled you found our program to be comprehensive and were able to apply your skills to transition into a new role. We are constantly working to improve our curriculum, so we appreciate your input. Congratulations on completing the course, we are rooting you on in all your coding endeavors!
- High Quality Full Stack Development Program- 2/20/2019Andi Carlstrom • Software Engineer • Student • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City
I highly recommend the University of Utah's Full Stack Web Development program. I participated in the 6 month part time program where I comprehensively learned industry standard frontend and backend web dev technologies and languages. My instructor was extremely knowledgeable and consistently took the time to ensure that we were taken care of. I got a job as a Software Engineer right out of the program and I can directly attribute that to the programs quality and a lot of hustle. I will say that the program is not easy and you will have to work VERY hard to get through it but they provide TA's and tutors as a part of the program who are there to help you every step of the way.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamThursday, Feb 21 2019Amazing, Andi! Thank you for recommending our program. We're thrilled you found our instructor to be so knowledgeable and supportive. Great advice for prospective students — utilizing the boot camp's resources is key. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
- Pretty good- 1/28/2019Brooklee • jr web dev • Graduate • Course: Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Salt Lake City
it's fast-paced and not for everyone that being said if you are willing to work hard put in extra hours outside of class to really learn, it is well worth it. Keep in mind it's more of a let's get your career started you will have to take what you learn and build on that knowledge to make a good career out of it.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Utah Professional Education Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Jan 28 2019Thank you, Brooklee! You're completely right that this program is fast-paced, but if you're willing to put in the work, you can succeed. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.