unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing, technology project management, and product management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

The product management curriculum teaches in-demand product management skills, starting with the essentials. Learners will master the tools to set themselves apart and deliver great products via roadmap development, backlog management, product life cycle management, A/B testing, and data analysis.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (91) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Node.js, Git, MongoDB, React.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Product Management - Part-Time

LocationChapel Hill
    Gain in-demand product management skills like market analysis, value proposition creation, roadmap development, rapid prototyping, SQL, and data visualization. Through hands-on training, learn how to define a target audience, communicate with stakeholders, write effective user stories, build wireframes, and more.
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Agile, Scrum
    LocationRaleigh
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)
  • John Tillman • Graduate

I had a very positive experience with the UNC Web Development Bootcamp.  Like many other students, I didn't know quite what to expect; however, the Bootcamp exceeded my expectations, particulary with the instructional staff and overall curriculum.

My instructor was fantastic.  He was able to teach to both novice and experienced developers alike.  Not only did the instructor present the material in an engaging way, he always refered to instances in the real-world where the concepts would apply.

The curriculum is mult-faceted, which was my favorite part of the bootcamp.  The lessons cater to new programmers, however, they also provide additional depth for programmers with some background.  While a novice developer will benefit tremendously from this course, I would recommend that anyone interetested in the bootcamp look into basic javaScript concepts first.  I had some previous development experience, and this allowed me to grow substantially as a developer during my 6 months with the bootcamp.

The TA's were also fantastic.  They were all patient and knowledgeable, and provided great real-world insight into the material.

Overall, I would recommend this Bootcamp to anyone looking to level-up as a web developer and javaScript programmer.  Note - to succeed, even with some previous experience, the program requires a substantial time commitment.  I would absolutely do it again!

Monday, Jan 07 2019
    Amazing, John! We're thrilled you enjoyed your entire boot camp experience and were able to substantially grow your web development skills. Thank you for your review and congratulations on graduating! We wish you all the best as you continue forward.
  • Great experience!
    - 12/5/2018
    Bootcamp Graduate November 2018 • Graduate

I had a great experience at the UNC Chapel HIll Coding Bootcamp. The instructional staff(instructor and TAs) were super helpful and extend themselves to provide a supportive environment for the students to be able to feel confident and give their very best at the curriculum. The group projects helped me understand the importance and dynamics of team work and building rapport with team members. The course overall is very fast-paced, intense and demands hard work, dedication and focus throughout! The technologies and skills learnt are very relevant to the current job market and leaves you ready to take the next step in your career with confidence.

Wednesday, Dec 05 2018
    Amazing! We are so glad to hear you had a great boot camp experience, fully supported by your classmates and our entire instructional staff. You're completely right that this program is fast-paced and requires hard work and dedication throughout. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course, and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Khaled Mamun • Student

Since I had no previous experience in coding, it has been a truly invaluable learning experience for me. The course was very organized, well-focused, and designed in a manner that learning is not limited. However, this course is very challenging and fast phase. Instructor was very engaging and made the class enjoyable which made significantly stress-free for the newbies like me. Additionally, the professionalism and the support being extended by the tutor and the admin team was really great, and I am thankful to them.

Thursday, Jul 05 2018
    Thank you so much for your review, Khaled! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the design and organization of the course. Like you noted, this boot camp is challenging and fast-paced, so it's great to know your instructor made class enjoyable and significantly stress-free for a novice beginner like yourself. We work hard to enable student success, so we are thrilled you found our entire team to be supportive. Congratulations on graduating and we wish you all the best moving forward!
  • Deb Bayo • Student

As a mid-career professional I sought out the UNC Coding Bootcamp to enhance my front-end knowledge learn back-end development. The curriculum is comprehensive and fast paced. The instructional team is outstanding. I highly recommend this program.

Tuesday, Jun 05 2018
    Congratulations on graduating, Deb! We are thrilled you had such a positive boot camp journey, learning front-end and back-end technologies. Like you noted, our curriculum is comprehensive and fast-paced, so we are thrilled our instructional team was there to support you - we also think they're outstanding! Thank you for your review and we wish all the best.
  • Alexander Florian-Prescott • Graduate

This coding bootcamp is a great way for learning JavaScript-powered web devlopment.  My instructor was excellent at conveying the material, and the exercises felt very well thought out for coming to grips with a lot of improtant concepts.  As someone who went in with virtually no programming experience, I was very happy about how much I felt I was able to learn and achieve in just six months, and highly recommend the program for anyone looking to get into this line of work.

Wednesday, May 23 2018
    Thank you for your review, Alexander! We are thrilled you had such a positive experience learning valuable skills through our boot camp. It's great to hear your instructor not only successfully guided you through in-depth course material, but that you also found the exercises to be well-thought-out when it came to understanding key concepts. Congratulations on all the hard work and long hours you invested into completing the boot camp! We wish you the best moving forward.
  • Bad Experience
    - 5/8/2018
    Paul Goodwin • Business Analyst • Student

Buyer beware!  I had a terrible experience in this BootCamp. The TA's in my class were weak at best.  One of them quit a month into the camp, the other one had to be let go.  They routinely sat in the back and talked about personal matters or would go against class teachings. Mainly, they were just not helpful in completing assignments or learning the subject matter.  Job placement is a joke with this program as well.  One of the TAs was just a student from the last class who didn't find a job.  We finally got some good TA's, but it was halfway through the class.

Then there was a problem in my initial group project where a student was abusive to me and other teammates.   I reported the problem to my instructor and to class organizer several times, both of whom told me to tough it out, and it was in my best interest to power through.  I ended up learning nothing on that project and losing a lot of confidence.   It put me further behind.

Our instructor and the curriculum are really good, but all the other needed support is lacking.  No one in my class who was working full time was able to keep up and its even harder to keep up when the class is run this poorly.  I ended up giving up on this class and am just working through the curriculum at my own at my pace at home.  I have a lot of IT experience, so this is actually working much better for me!  In summation, its not a complete loss, but i definitely don't feel i got the value promised.

Thursday, May 17 2018
    Thank you for your review, Paul. We're glad you enjoyed our curriculum and found our instructor to be knowledgeable and supportive. We regret to hear your time with your initial TAs did not meet your expectations due to staff changes. We do monitor instructional team performance through weekly feedback surveys and classroom assessments, and we are glad that you found the newer TAs to be more helpful.

While we do not secure direct employment for our students, we empower them with the resources and support they need to prepare them for the workforce and the job search. Our team strives to be clear about the scope of our career services from the beginning so that students understand how they can maximize this aspect of the program. Our career services curriculum includes 1:1 coaching with a Career Director, technical interview preparation, portfolio assistance, resume support, a project demo day, and more. We do take student feedback like yours seriously, and continuously work to provide students with the support they need to be successful.

Group projects are intended to simulate experiences that students may encounter within a team of web developers in the real world. We strive to recreate a collaborative atmosphere found in many professional web development positions and recognize not every individual effectively learns in this manner. Unfortunately, in any workplace, you may not always be grouped with like-minded individuals and we regret you had a sub-par experience with your teammate. We take any reports of abuse or mistreatment most seriously, and it is never our intention to make students feel as though they should remain in a situation they are not comfortable with. We were happy to address all your concerns and believed, based on our previous conversations, we had provided the necessary support and assistance you requested, moving forward with a tailored study plan to best fit your needs.

It is our goal for all students to successfully learn the material in our curriculum and leave the program feeling confident in their skills. I have attempted to check in, but have not been able to reach you. I would love the opportunity to hear from you personally and see what we can do to provide any and all additional support you might need at this time, making sure you are able to successfully finish out the program. Please contact me directly at (919) 425-0055 so we can further discuss your concerns.
  • Philippe Dixon • Student

I came into this program with  only a small amout of prior programming experience.  And that mostly came from online courses and sites learning on my own.  After a lot of research into other programs in the area I settled on the UNC boot camp and I'm glad to say I'm not disappointed.  I began the course barely able to put up a simple web page and left writing and deploying stand alone web applications complete with server code and a database.  It's a thorough curriculum that will not only make you competent in full stack web development but also give you the tools to continue to grow and learn new technologies that arrive in the ever changing world of software development.

Tuesday, May 22 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Philippe! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, it was a pleasure to have you in our course. We’re thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience, as it’s our goal to provide a comprehensive learning experience for all of our students, ranging from those individuals who may have more experience to novice self-starters. This is an immersive and challenging course, so we commend you for all of the long hours and hard work you put in - it definitely paid off. We wish you all the best as you continue on your new career path!
  • Michael • Student

I really enjoyed my time in the Bootcamp. It's tough, challenging, and can be overwhelming at times, but the sense of accomplishment that you get when overcoming these obstacles is one of the best feeling in the world. The classroom materials are excellent, and the instructors and staffs are extremely helpful and passionate about their job; always willing to go the extra miles to help their students, even late at night. The technologies that I learned are very relevant to the job market's demand, and compared to six months, my skills as a developer grow tremedously. I feel very prepared to face the job market after graduation.

Monday, May 07 2018
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, Michael! As you mentioned, this course is challenging, so we applaud your dedication and hard work. That sense of accomplishment when you figure out a complex coding problem is definitely one of the best feelings! We’re really passionate about what we do, so it's terrific to hear you enjoyed our curriculum and that our team provided you with the guidance and support you needed. Congratulations on completing the course, we wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!
  • Austin Johnson • Graduate

For anyone looking for an honest opinion about the UNC coding bootcamp....I finished in December 17 and will give my opinion.  The curriculum is created by trilogy and is used at many bootcamps they host.  It is good and there are great examples provided for each subject, but it is just an overview of each topic. You learn enough to have a basic “working” knowledge of each language.  You must take that and go deeper into the languages yourself. This is really at any bootcamp because there is so much taught in a short time.  Overall, I was happy with the academic portion of the class.  It was challenging, but I had great teachers.....HOWEVER.....if you are like me and many of the students who take this course with the intention of finding a job after....I MUST WARN YOU......the career services is completely aweful....they promise a lot of things throughout the course and very little of them happened...... I hope that they improve this for the students sake....but as of now....CAREER SERVICES IS A JOKE.....you would be better off not even using them.....This has been my experience and that of many of my fellow students....

Monday, Mar 05 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Austin. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with our program, and we're glad to hear that you enjoyed the curriculum and instruction you received.

Our career services are built on the principle of empowerment, and while we do not secure direct employment for our students, we empower them with the necessary tools and support to be employer competitive in today's job market. Our students receive access to career coaching, portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, behavioral interview training, and more to get them equipped to tackle the job search process. Were these services helpful?

Our team strives to be clear about the scope of our career services from the beginning so that our students understand how they can get the most out of this aspect of the program. We understand that your cohort is still within its post-graduation career support time window. Please allow us the opportunity to provide you with any further career planning assistance that we can at this time. You may contact me directly at (919) 425-0055 so that we can discuss your needs further.

• Miles Helm • Graduate

Our instructor mentioned on the first day that the people who do best in the class are usually those who spend the most time outside of class studying and doing homework assignments and projects. Although it is true that with this course you get out of it what you put into it, there is a great deal of support from the instructor and the teaching assistants. You aren't left alone, and if you are struggling with a concept they will work hard to make sure you really understand the subject matter. For example, they don't just help you debug, they will explain the underlying reason for the bug (often not at all obvious) and make sure you have the tools to better find bugs in the future.

The most pleasant surprise for me in taking this course was how much the instructor and TAs loved the subject matter and wanted us, the students, to really understand it.

The curriculum is intended to prepare you for real programming work. It does teach you how to create a full website, from the front-end to the database.

I worked full-time while taking this course, but I had some advantages in having past experience as a software developer (and with computers in general). I think that if computer programming is completely foreign to you, it would be better to take this course without working full-time at the same time. But if programming and computer science aren't completely foreign topics, it's possible to work full-time and take this course. Either way, be sure to get plenty of sleep.

Monday, Sep 18 2017
    Thank you so much for your review, Miles! We love hearing that your instructors and TAs worked hard to ensure that our students understand the course material. We’re so proud of our team for showing their passion for web development and student success.

It’s incredible to hear that you had such a positive experience with this program. Congratulations on completing the course, we wish you nothing but the best of luck as you move forward in your career.
  • Life-Changing
    - 9/8/2017
    Michael Eggers • Graduate

My overall experience with the boot camp was a great one. It was a lot of hard work, but I learned a ton in a very short amount of time. More so than the knowledge learned, the confidence built from working hands on to create apps with course technologies and experiencing first hand how much can be learned with enough focus and dedication was the greatest takeaway from the course.

Additionally, working with the other classmates and the networking that spawned from that was of huge benefit.

Finally, the instructional team for our class was excellent. Nick, Ryo, and Leo saw us through many challenges, and I felt that their enthusiasm for the course materials and our growth as students was a big help during more stressful sections of the course.

Tuesday, Sep 19 2017
    Hi Michael,

We really appreciate your review. We understand that this course can be challenging, so we commend you on all of your hard work.

We love hearing that you learned valuable new skills from caring instructors, gained confidence in your abilities, and formed a lasting network with your peers. Congratulations on completing the program, we wish you the best of luck moving forward.
  • Houston Breedlove • Full stack developer • Graduate

When choosing a coding bootcamp three major criteria should be taken into account: does the staff genuinely care about student success, is course content valid for career aspirations, and does the course's curriculum effectively leave students with skills needed to be effective in a professional environment?

The Coding Boot Camp at UNC Chapel Hill delivered on every level.  Course management was engaging and took time to engage with students and their career aspirations. Course instruction was very knowledgable on topics covered in class and presented the course information effectively. Teaching Assistants went out of their way to support students whenever assistance was required.

Personally, I was fortunate enough to land a full time position at a local SaaS company before the course ended and felt more than prepared by the course.

I have nothing but positive feedback to provide from the course and recommend it to anyone considering enrolling!

Tuesday, Sep 19 2017
    Congratulations on your full time position with a local SaaS company, Houston! We’re thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience with this program, and that you enjoyed the course management, instruction, and curriculum. We hope you’re proud of all the hard work you put into completing this course. We’re cheering you on as you move forward in your career.