unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing, technology project management, and product management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

The product management curriculum teaches in-demand product management skills, starting with the essentials. Learners will master the tools to set themselves apart and deliver great products via roadmap development, backlog management, product life cycle management, A/B testing, and data analysis.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (91) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Node.js, Git, MongoDB, React.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Product Management - Part-Time

LocationChapel Hill
    Gain in-demand product management skills like market analysis, value proposition creation, roadmap development, rapid prototyping, SQL, and data visualization. Through hands-on training, learn how to define a target audience, communicate with stakeholders, write effective user stories, build wireframes, and more.
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Agile, Scrum
    LocationRaleigh
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)
  • Jenny Smith • Student
    UNC Chapel Hill Coding Bootcamp was an incredible experience. There was an instructional team that was kind and made themselves available. They adapted to the students' needs and provided whatever support was needed. There was additional support outside of the classroom. Lisa was encouraging and always made herself available. They understand life occurrences and did whatever necessary to work with you. The program itself it fast-paced but has an abundance of resources. It was an incredible experience!
    Thursday, May 27 2021
    Thanks, Jenny! We're thrilled to hear you had an incredible boot camp journey. We are truly passionate about enabling student success, so it's great you felt constantly supported and encouraged by our entire team—we couldn't agree more that Lisa is pretty fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and all the best moving forward!
  • Mikael • Student
    The UNC Data Analytics BootCamp is a fantastic option for anyone looking to change careers or pick up new, in-demand skills to be more marketable on the job market. The Instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful and sincerely want each student learn and understand the skills even in a fast paced environment.
    Friday, Feb 26 2021
    Thank you, Mikael! Our entire team strives to enable student success so we're thrilled this is truly resonating with you. We appreciate your recommendation and commend all your hard work thus far. Best of luck as you continue towards program completion!
  • Elizabeth Schiffman • Student
    I was very nervous about applying to UNC for their data analytics bootcamp. If you are feeling like that don’t!!!! It was the best investment I have ever made for my future. If you are lucky enough to get Michael, Taylor, Brianna, Jacob and Justin you won’t regret it! It is fast paced but Michael explains it in a way that makes sense. All the TA’s are very understanding and want you to succeed! They are all rooting for you and want help you in the future. By far the best class ever! Michael is brilliant! Taylor, Jacob and the other TA’s are so knowledgeable. You won’t make a mistake taking this bootcamp! It was worth every penny! Lisa is amazing, I have never met someone who is so nice and encouraging before.
    Friday, Feb 26 2021
    Way to go, Elizabeth! We're glad to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire-we also have to agree that Michael, Taylor, Brianna, Jacob, Justin, and Lisa are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on completing the program in just a few days and can't wait to see what you'll accomplish with your new skillset!
  • Totally Worth It!
    - 12/1/2020
    Kassi S • Student
    I couldn't have asked for a better experience with this Boot Camp. I did do some self-taught HTML/CSS before committing to make sure this was something I was really interested in first, which I suggest as this isn't a cheap commitment.

This is a fast-paced course with lots of material to cover so plan to devote at least 10-15 hours a week to study/homework outside of class. Our instructor was extremely knowledgable on all subject matter and the support received from the instructor, TAs and tutor was above and beyond. This course can be challenging and the work can be frustrating at times, but if you complete all of the homework, with assistance from TAs or tutor if needed, then expect to leave this course with lots of useful knowledge and technologies/programs to add to your resume. As you're completing your homework and projects, you're basically building your own portfolio.

The Boot Camp was built with a goal for all graduates to land a job in the field. Career Services is very involved with resume, portfolio, LinkedIn, etc. help. They provided a workshop almost daily centered around finding tech based careers.

Highly recommend!
    Thursday, Dec 17 2020
    Amazing, Kassi! Thank you for choosing our program. Your advice for future students is spot-on — our courses are designed to move quickly through a wide range of high-level topics, studying outside of class is highly recommended for student success. As a result, we strive to provide ample support for students, so we're glad that you found your instructional and career services teams to be beneficial during your learning experience. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we're confident you'll go on to do amazing things with your newfound skills.
  • Kristi • Graduate
    I highly recommend the Data Analytics and Visualization Boot Camp through UNC-Chapel Hill! It was a game changer for me. I'm switching careers from being a teacher and I have learned so much in the past 6 months, it's truly amazing. The instructing team was awesome and genuinely cared about all of us. I looked forward to seeing them in class each day! Also, I made several great connections with my fellow boot camp peers - I'm going to miss them! (FYI, This course is intense and you should be willing to put in 20+ hours a week for class, homework, and projects, especially if you do not have prior coding experience (which I did not).)

In addition, Career Services has helped me become employer-ready. My resume and LinkedIn are spot-on thanks to my Career Material Advisor.

Overall this was a tough but amazing journey over the past 6 months and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
    Tuesday, Nov 17 2020
    We appreciate your review, Kristi! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're thrilled you found our instructional team to genuinely care for each one of our students and benefited from their ongoing support. We strive to form a collaborative learning environment and are glad you made great connections with your classmates. Like you noted, this is a rigorous course, one that will require extensive hours both inside and outside of the classroom. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
    - 8/27/2020
    Felita Sutharshan • Graduate
    Data Analytics course at UNC Chapel Hill is a recommended for all people who are willing to put their hard work and who is passionate and enthusiastic to work with real data. The course syllubus is  well organized and the Instructor ,TAs were so helpful and knowledgable. The home works and projects were well designed and its a great practice and it was a great learning experience to the people who are new into this field. I highly recommend and encourage to take the Dat aAnalytics class and succeed.
    Monday, Aug 31 2020
    Amazing, Felita! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our instructional team. Great advice for prospective candidates — you'll definitely need to put in hard work in order to truly succeed. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
  • JavaScript Warriors
    - 10/28/2019
    Logan • Financial Analyst • Student

I found the course via word of mouth from a peer who went through the course. She had nothing but good things to say in regards to the relevancy of the curriculum, and the doors it opened for her.

Being only three months in, I can already confirm that this has been the best investment of both time and money that I have made since completing my undergrad degree in Finance.

From other Developers that I have spoken with, and the communities that I browse online, what we are learning / have learned is exactly what the Software Development industry is demanding. The relevancy of the course material is what I appreciate the most.

The course has taken us through the front end of Web Development, beginning with the basics of HTML, CSS, Bootstrapping, and Javascript. Then, we moved towards creating command line applications by leveraging the power of Node.js. Now we have reached the backend portion of the full stack curriculum.

It is fast paced, truly a bootcamp. But if you are of the mindset that you want to make a better professional life for yourself, or even pursuit independent entrepreneurial endeavors that may revolve around creating online applications, then this is the place to start.

Lastly, my advice to any applicants would be to be both disciplined, and excited. This is a chance for you to learn something that you enjoy doing, while challenging your standard train of thought. It will become a lifestyle, and studying won't feel like studying anymore, because the course will always leave you yearning for more.

Tuesday, Oct 29 2019
    Way to go, Logan! We're thrilled you're enjoying the curriculum. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced program, one that will require steadfast dedication and lifelong learning. We commend all the hard work you've committed thus far and are looking forward to seeing your final project in a few weeks!
  • Sadric Bonner • Graduate

The 24-week coding experience was an awesome game changer for me. I attended school with some of the most knowledgeable cohorts, in addition to, the smartest TA's - Noah, Tim, Zach and Paul.

One of my most unforgettable and touching class observations, was viewing a fellow student struggling. Alper, our instructor, observed it, too. So, he walked over and pulled up a chair to sit beside him. Alper, sat with the student until he was able to understand the new material.

Lastly, Lisa. Lisa, was always thoughtful, uplifting and kind. She would sometimes Slack words of encourgement (because life will show up) to let me know, I was not alone on my journey.

This was truly a game changer, and I'm glad I decided to take the leap of faith. The people you will meet, I promise you, have the potential in becoming your rock.

Tuesday, Jun 04 2019
    Amazing, Sadric! We're happy to hear you found our entire boot camp team to be knowledgebale and supportive—we also have to agree that Lisa, Alper, Noah, Tim, Zach, and Paul are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Amazing Bootcamp
    - 4/24/2019
    Jerome Magolan • Graduate

The Coding Bootcamp through Chapel Hill was professional, challenging and extremly informative .  When I decided to perform a career pivot I looked at several options for bootcamps and decided to apply to the UNC program due to UNC's reputation for collegiate academics.  I was not dissapointed!!  The program itself is extremely challenging, especially to someone like myself with little to no experience within the web developement community.  I was supported throughout the entire process by career services, student support services, the instructor and our ta's.  They all take time to ensure you understand the material and excell.  The program takes you in-depth through the different parts of web developement from the basics of HTML, CSS and Javascript to Mongo, Node applications and React.  The coursework is challenging but through the homework and class projects you are set appart from others with a Professional Portfolio you and your future employers will be proud of.  If you are looking to make a career change, would like to futher your current knowledge of web developement or just enjoy tinkering within the industry I would highly recommend this program.

Wednesday, Apr 24 2019
    We truly appreciate your review, Jerome! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the coursework and felt supported by our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success as you move forward!
  • Paula P. • UX Developer | Fidelity • Graduate

I completed the bootcamp in May of 2018.  After graduation, I worked for Trilogy as a Teaching Assistant as well as a Video Curriculum Engineer on their Enterprise Curriculum Team, and I recently got offered a position as a UX Developer with Fidelity.

I had a good overall experience in terms of the sheer amount of material that I learned throughout the course as well as in securing a job in the field afterwards.   A++ to my Instructors, Student Success Manager, and the new Career Services Director.

Incoming Knowledge:
    I came in with almost no experience, but this course made it easy to succeed with the right amount of effort outside of class (which absolutely varies from student to student).  I did work during the bootcamp as well, which was difficult but manageable.

Course Advice:
    Even though this is a part-time course with only ten hours a week of in-class time, what you put in outside of class is essential for success.  From experience in my own cohort and from being a TA, it is pretty consistent that the people who put in the most work outside of class are the most successful (including students who work hard being more successful than students with prior knowledge).  The course sets you up very nicely to learn how to learn, but there is so much information out there that you need to be prepared to take the class activities and use them as a jumping off point for deeper learning.  Additionally, you can do just enough learning to get through the homework, but spending the extra time while you're in the cohort and have the instructors as resources is pretty invaluable in terms of growing your coding skillset for life after the bootcamp.
    Final piece of advice: do not get behind.  Keep up with the classwork and homework, because the courseload grows expoentially as you dive into more difficult subjects, add projects, and start job hunting. With that in mind, if you are ever struggling, there is one other huge perk to the bootcamp, which is access to free(!) tutors who can work with you outside of class.

Career Services:
    I would have given career services no stars because they were completely unhelpful during my cohort.  However, the new director who has taken over is terrific!  She made the effort to follow up with former graduates like myself, had incredibly useful advice for job hunting, and is as hands-on or hands-off as you prefer in terms of scheduling followups and coachings.

Post Graduation:
    I got funneled into working for Trilogy almost right away, which was a great way to get my foot in the door in the development world.  You will come out of the bootcamp with a lot of knowledge and skills, but very little experience on your resume.  However, If you are persisitent about keeping up with your learning (show that on github!), actively working on side projects (again with the github), practicing talking about what you know (maybe buy a whiteboard...), and being proactive about your job search (make a spreadhseet), you will definitely be set up to find a good job!

TLDR:
    This course is definitely worth it! You get what you put in.

Friday, Feb 15 2019
    We truly appreciate your review, Paula! Like you mentioned, how much time and effort you put in outside of class is essential to mastering the course material. We're thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of web development and applaud all your hard work. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for returning to TA for us! We're rooting you on in your new career role.
  • Anna • Graduate

The UNC full-stack coding bootcamp is one of my favorite memories of being a student. It taught me the skills to learn new technologies fast. I landed a full-time, well-paid, internship at the end of the course and used the skills that I learned to continue growing as a developer. As an example, I learned Wordpress, Twig, Timber, and a bit of PHP within the course of a week and a half in order to build a web-page for the new company website. I would not have had the confidence to do this if it had not been for my experience at the UNC bootcamp. The professors and TAs were extremely supportive. Whenever I needed help they were there to assist. I never got the feeling that I was stupid when I did not get anything, because it was taught that coding is HARD and that even if you don't get it right away you WILL get it eventually as long as you keep practicing it and keep working hard.

Saturday, Feb 02 2019
    Way to go, Anna! We're thrilled you completed the program confident in your newfound web development skills and were able to land an exciting role. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! We are cheering you on as you continue moving forward.
  • Gregory May • Student

I decided that my career choice wasn't working for me and wanted a change. The UNC Bootcamp was perfect to help me with this challenge. In 6 months I am now able to establish my own server, code for a dynamic website using Javascript, HTML, and CSS. The experience was challenging, but awesome! I would do it again if money were no object!

Friday, Jan 18 2019
    Amazing, Gregory! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're glad you had such a great student experience. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best as you continue forward.