unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing, technology project management, and product management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

The product management curriculum teaches in-demand product management skills, starting with the essentials. Learners will master the tools to set themselves apart and deliver great products via roadmap development, backlog management, product life cycle management, A/B testing, and data analysis.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (91) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Node.js, Git, MongoDB, React.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Product Management - Part-Time

LocationChapel Hill
    Gain in-demand product management skills like market analysis, value proposition creation, roadmap development, rapid prototyping, SQL, and data visualization. Through hands-on training, learn how to define a target audience, communicate with stakeholders, write effective user stories, build wireframes, and more.
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Agile, Scrum
    LocationRaleigh
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)
  • Daniel Kim  User Photo
    Daniel Kim • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The phrase "Nothing good comes easy" describes this boot camp experience perfectly in that the amount of effort and work required to complete this boot camp was not easy but it was definitely worth it in the end. I could not have asked for a better instructor and supporting instructional staff that helped me develop the technical skills I needed in order to land my current dream job.

Big thanks to Trilogy and UNC Chapel Hill for providing this awesome boot camp experience where people, like myself, can learn valuable skills that are highly marketable.

Monday, May 07 2018
    Congratulations on graduating Daniel! Like you mentioned, although this program is challenging and requires students to commit additional time and effort to master the course material, it's definitely worth it. It's great to know our market-based curriculum taught you the necessary coding skills and that our instructors and TAs provided plenty of support along the way. Our mission is to always assist and encourage students to be successful in this program and beyond. We love getting reviews like yours, as our team works hard every day to help fulfill this vision. Congratulations on your new dream role, we applaud all your dedication and commitment as you go forward!
  • Maria Wong  User Photo
    Maria Wong • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Attending Trilogy's Bootcamp was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I had tried numerous times on my own to learn to program unsuccessfully. Within six months Trilogy took me from a novice to a professional full stack software developer.

The most valuable aspects of the program are the highly-researched curriculum focused on relevant software technologies, challenging weekly assignments creating full applications, experienced teachers and teacher assistants who are enthusiastic about the material and work hard to make sure students fully understand the concepts, and a student success manager who is dedicated to ensure students succeed and have a great experience throughout the program.

The program teaches a lot of material in a very short amount of time, but it is manageable and you are even able to work full-time while completing the program. I recommend the Bootcamp to anyone who wishes to come out with the confidence and skills needed to build full-stack applications from scratch and to learn new technologies quickly.

Monday, May 07 2018
    Amazing! Thank you, Maria. We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with our program, successfully learning the fundamental concepts of full-stack web development. We are happy to hear our curriculum helped you gain in-demand industry skills and that you felt challenged in the hands-on coding projects. We know the importance of quality instruction and select team members that are experienced and passionate about student success! As you mentioned, this course is fast-paced; as such we commend you for all of the hard work and additional hours you put in to complete the boot camp. We can’t wait to see what you will accomplish with all the knowledge you gained and wish you the best of luck with your future goals!
  • Life changing
    - 5/3/2018
    David  User Photo
    David • customer service engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Honestly its a lot of work and can be intense at times.  They call it a boot-camp for a reason, but its so much more than that.  I refer to more as in immersion in programming.  If you're looking to go into something that will challenge you and frustrate you every day computer programming is the career for you.  The boot-camp helps you get used to not knowing anything and learning how to leverage resources outside of class like you would have to work on a real-world project.  Plus it helps that shortly after I graduated I got a full-time job making more money than I ever have in my life.

Thursday, May 03 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, David! We know this is an immersive and challenging course, so we commend you for all of the long hours and hard work you put into the program - it definitely paid off! We pride ourselves on our proven curriculum, teaching students how to learn, and giving them key foundational skills across a variety of programming topics. We are so glad to hear you had such a positive experience. Thank you for your review—We wish you all the best as you continue on your new career path!
  • Paul Zavattieri  User Photo
    Paul Zavattieri • Software Engineer I • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Short and simple version:

Great boot camp. It's tough, there's a lot of material, and it will require a lot of discipline and work on your part. That being said, it'll take you from 0 to professional entry level developer in 6 months if you put in the work into two areas: 1) Learning/practicing the material, and 2) building your professional presence. In my opinion and experience, it is worth the cost and time. I secured a Software Engineering job less than 1 month after graduation. Prior to the course, I had 0 dev experience.

Long version:

This is a great boot camp for anybody looking to switch careers or just to learn HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (specifically JavaScript - this is a JavaScript intensive course. There is 1 week on C#, but the vast majority of libraries, frameworks, and tech in this course is centered around JS.). Not only that, the layout enables you to keep your job while the course is underway. The teachers and TAs are all very knowledgable, and the class room setting is great as well. Tons of activities, paired programming, and a few projects really drive home the material. Our Student Success Manager and Career Advisor were also great and helpful. I came in with no prior coding experience, so the first month was the most difficult for me just to grasp the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. After that first month of getting used to the class and homeworks, and also learning on my own outside of class (Udemy.com - outside learning is important), you kinda hit a groove and start picking up the more complex stuff quicker and having a bunch of those 'aha' moments. It's amazing today to see the apps I can build in only 6 months of training.

I'm a skeptical person. I definitely had my skepticism about paying for this course and wondering if the investment would pay off in a job in 6 months...seemed too good to be true. At the end of the day, it's up to you and your effort/drive as to whether or not the investment will pay off. I have a few friends from the course that are now successfully in dev jobs - so this definitely will prepare you for dev roles and companies definitely do hire boot camp graduates. LinkedIn recruiters will reach out to you frequently once you get towards the end of the course. To me (I was in finance prior to my career change), any investment where I can completely control the rate of return is a great one. If you have the drive and desire to put in the time, I highly recommend the UNC Coding Boot Camp.

Thursday, May 03 2018
    Hi, Paul, thank you so much for your review! Our entire staff - instructors, TA's, Student Success Manager, and Career Services team - are all incredibly passionate about education and changing our students' lives. We love hearing the in-person classroom experience was helpful, as we know how valuable it is to collaborate with classmates and learn to work as a team on various projects.

As far as your advice, we couldn't agree more. You are completely right that this is a rigorous course that requires discipline and commitment; it takes hard work and long hours outside of class, so we applaud you for mastering the material and building some amazing web apps! Not only are we proud of all you were able to accomplish in the last six months, but we are amazed at your dedication during the job search that ultimately led to your new career change. Congratulations on your new Software Engineer role! We wish you great success moving forward.
  • Steve Hulme  User Photo
    Steve Hulme • Program Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am a March graduate of the UNC Coding Bootcamp. I took the Bootcamp in order to return to my "roots" as a software developer, after 20 years of project and IT Professional Services management. I'm glad I took this Bootcamp -- it is head and shoulders above the alternatives.

The Bootcamp's strong points are these:

• Training in current software frameworks and technologies.
    • Excellent, well-written, and challenging exercises and homework.
    • Hands-on development. Instruction is emphatically not "death by powerpoint". You will write a lot of code!
    • We had a terrific instructor, one of those rare individuals who was born to teach. Our instructor has extensive experience as a developer and as a manager of development teams at a major corporation. That experience, plus enthusiasm and the ability to explain complex topics, made class presentations compelling and enjoyable.
    • TA support. There were, usually, 3 TAs -- all veteran developers -- for 32 students. Thus (and including the instructor) we had an 8:1 student/faculty ratio. As a result, it was easy to get help and that help was given by people who know what they are doing.
    • A Student Success Manager (SSM) who worked very hard to ensure each of us had a great experience. Our SSM was always available, responsive to questions, and committed to our success.

To conclude, this is a professionally run and supported Bootcamp that provides a quality educational experience, focused on currently-relevant software technology.

There are, of course, a few improvements I'd make -- more focus on ES6 Javascript, React.js, Angular, and removing the C# module.  But these are nits. I know that Trilogy Ed, who runs the course, is always trying to improve it. I'm confident it will continue to provide excellent, relevant training.

If you fully participate in every class and do all the homework you will acquire solid software development tools. To become a true software developer you must do additional reading and research, as well as gain on-the-job experience, but these requirements are true for any profession.  The Coding Bootcamp will give you the tools you need to progress down your professional path.

Knowing what I know now, would I take the Coding Bootcamp again -- absolutely! I am very grateful to the Instructor, TAs, and our SSM for their help and dedication to my success.

Wednesday, May 02 2018
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, Steve! It made our team's day to know that you enjoyed our boot camp and received the necessary support from our instructors, TA's, and Student Success Manager. It's terrific to hear that your experience in the program helped you further advance your previous programming skills. Our entire team is passionate about what they do, so receiving feedback like yours makes all of their commitment truly worthwhile.

We’re constantly updating our curricula and student feedback is an important part of keeping our course material up to date, so we really appreciate your input. We couldn’t agree more that the program depends solely on what you’re willing to put into it. You’ve definitely worked hard, so we congratulate you on your accomplishments! Congratulations on completing this course and we wish you all the best as you move forward in your career!
  • Great choice
    - 9/8/2017
    John-Mike Marquardt  User Photo
    John-Mike Marquardt • Sr Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    This was a very challenging 24-week course, but also very rewarding. The UNC coding bootcamp is the best way to experience an overall full-stack understanding of modern web development while also still working full-time. We used all of the common tools (git & github, slack, trello, heroku, sublime/atom) that developers use right from day one. While fast paced, we incrementally built our knowledge and skills in a very digestible timeframe. The opportunity to be a part of a cohort in a classroom with excellent supportive instructors and staff is invaluable to learning. I learned more in 6 months of bootcamp than I did in two years of MOOCs.
    Response From: Ilyssa Rosenzweig of UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps
    Friday, Sep 15 2017
    You rock John! We’re so glad that our program provided you with such a valuable educational experience. We’re constantly working to improve our curriculum, so we love to hear that you found the progression of topics to be easy to absorb. We hope you’re proud of all of the hard work you put into this program.

Congratulations on completing the course, we wish you nothing but the best of luck as you move forward in your career.
  • Lalit Solanki  User Photo
    Lalit Solanki Verified via LinkedIn

Boot camp was a great learning experience and lot of fun.

The classroom material and homework exercises are excellent.

I am pretty sure they will serve as handy references for years to come. I love the fact that everythign will be accessible after completing the class.

I learned lot of new concepts and refreshed some of my older concepts about web development.I have already started using node in developing microservice architecture for my devops activities.

The classes are rightly paced. Nick is an excellent teacher, very knowledgeable and approachable, always ready to help.

Ilyssa is a great help. Because of her help and encouragement I was able to get more than 100% from this course

Response From: Ilyssa Rosenzweig of UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps
    Wednesday, Feb 08 2017
    Thank you so much for sharing your review, Lalit! It makes us happy to hear that you had such a great experience in the program and are already putting your knowledge into practice. Our instructors, as well as our student success team, are passionate about equipping students for success, so we are glad that you felt so supported. Congratulations on all your hard work! We wish you nothing but the best going forward.
  • Wesley Taylor • Developer • Graduate
    This 6-month course is full of information applicable to current web development practices within the workforce. Students will learn cutting edge frameworks, languages and libraries that are employer competitive. I enjoyed this course and was able to make connections with classmates!
    Monday, Jan 31 2022
    Way to go, Wesley! It's great to hear you enjoyed the course and made close connections with your classmates. Congratulations on graduating! We truly appreciate your review and wish you all the best in your future coding endeavors.
  • Olivia Rowland • Student
    I am so glad I took this course.  I quit my job without knowing what I was going to do next.  I created a rack card for my mom's business and that led me to digital marketing.  I found this digital marketing bootcamp and wasn't sure at first, but now I can't imagine not having taken it.

Heather was so knowledgeable, and it was great to hear her own experiences working in digital marketing.  It was beneficial to also have two great TAs (Melinda and Maggie) to help us with the material and learn from their professional experiences too.  In a short time, instructors and students created a real bond and community and learned a lot from each other.  All three really wanted to help us and see us do well, not only in the course but long after as well.

Great job, Heather and team, and thank you so much for everything!

The sub TAs could have been much better though.
    Monday, Jan 31 2022
    Thank you, Olivia! Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're glad this resonated with you. We couldn't agree more that Heather, Melinda, and Maggie are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating! We're rooting you on in all your future endeavors.
  • Tucker Barrett • Graduate
    I decided to pursue web development as a career change after being a teacher for 8 years. After taking a long time to decide, I chose this boot camp because I figured having an actual university on my resume would look better than whatever other boot camps call themselves, even if it won't necessarily fool hiring managers (of course they'll know it's a boot camp, and will likely know it's run through Trilogy). Plus I live near Raleigh, which made it feel a bit more "local", even though it's fully remote now.

I had a wonderful experience with the course. The instructional staff was outstanding and always helpful. Your staff may be different so I won't mention names, but everyone was amazing. TAs are often willing to help outside of class office hours. There is 24/7 access to online support, 30 minutes each of pre- and post-class office hours for getting extra help from the instructor and TAs, and optional hour-long weekly tutoring sessions.

The curriculum is overall quite good, and covers a wide variety of technologies. It starts from the very beginning, goes through some older but still widely-used technologies (in case you need to understand them for a future job) and ends with the most current and in-demand technologies used in a huge portion of the modern web. I gave "curriculum" 4 stars only because sometimes there are some small typos or bad practices in the instructional code. The instructors were always good at pointing these out, however, and those errors were often used as an additional learning experience. Still, though, it'd be good if those things were fixed.

Even as a six-month boot camp, it's really fast-paced. It's meant for people who work, but truly, the most successful students will be those who do NOT have a full-time job - those who can dedicate a lot of time each day outside of class to working on their assignments, projects, personal development, employer-readiness and job search materials, etc. That said, if you have a full time job, you'll survive. But unless you're already experienced with coding, you will do just that - survive. I had a full-time job throughout the course, and actually became much busier toward the end, which was really unfortunate for my learning. The last month or two is when you need to have the most time available, as it becomes much more complex at the end. I highly recommend the boot camp, but only if you are sure you have the time. If you can devote a lot of extra time to practicing, the course will absolutely help you learn everything you need to get started toward a career in web development.
    Monday, Nov 29 2021
    Way to go, Tucker! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad this resonated with you. Great job on utilizing all the available support resources including attending office hours and tutoring sessions.

Like you noted, this is a fast-paced course that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, but if you're willing to dedicate the necessary time and effort to understand the material covered you can succeed. We're constantly working to optimize our curriculum, so we appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Liz Thompson • Student
    I just completed the UNC Full Stack Coding Bootcamp and it was the best decision I could make for my career and professional development!  I decided to work full-time and complete the program, so I will say it was a ROUGH 6 months.  Even though it is advertised as "part time" it feels like a full time job because you dedicate anywhere from 15-25 hours a week on the program.  Do not let this deter you, just be prepared for the stress.  I ended up doubling my salary, and landed a great job the day before graduation.  The curriculum was well thought out, the weekly homeworks and activities did a great job utilizing the skills/concepts we learned, and my instructional team was absolutely amazing (shoutout to Lisa, Noah, Tom and Aly).

My only complaint was I felt that career services was too slow/not proactive and did not provide great feedback on "milestones" (resume, linkedIn, portfolio).  I had my submitted materials reviewed by a tech recruiter, who felt I was not given great advice.  I know this is subjective, but this is just my experience and opinion.  I also wasn't able to meet with my advisor until after I had found a job.  Her availability was so limited (not her fault - maybe overworked?) it took a month to get on the calendar, so I ended up taking on the job hunting process with the help of my instructors and recruiters I connected with on LinkedIn.

Overall, this is hard work, especially if you have a job and personal life, but it is worth it.  The sooner you start, the sooner you finish and move on the better opportunities.
    Friday, Sep 17 2021
    Incredible, Liz! We understand it can be challenging to balance your personal commitments with your boot camp studies, so we commend all your hard work and are happy to hear you benefited from the curriculum and assignments. Our entire team is passionate about enabling student success so we're thrilled this resonated with you - we couldn't agree more that Lisa, Noah, Tom, and Aly are all pretty amazing. We are continually optimizing our professional development assistance, so we thank you for sharing your feedback. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • It's not too late
    - 9/13/2021
    Jocelyn • Graduate
    I've been teaching elementary school for  10+ years and was hesitant to start this program because I thought I might be too old, or it was too late in my career to start over.  I was wrong.  This program is excellent and will teach you everything you need to know to start a new career as a programmer.  The teachers are 100% always there to help you.  The program itself is intense but flexible.  The other students in my class were so great and helpful.  I feel like I made lifetime friends in just 6 months.  If you are older and thinking about changing careers I would not hesitate to recommend this program.
    Friday, Sep 17 2021
    We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Jocelyn! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment so we're glad you felt supported by our instructional team and your classmates. Congratulations on successfully completing the course! We're rooting you on in all that you do.