unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing, technology project management, and product management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

The product management curriculum teaches in-demand product management skills, starting with the essentials. Learners will master the tools to set themselves apart and deliver great products via roadmap development, backlog management, product life cycle management, A/B testing, and data analysis.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (91) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Node.js, Git, MongoDB, React.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Product Management - Part-Time

LocationChapel Hill
    Gain in-demand product management skills like market analysis, value proposition creation, roadmap development, rapid prototyping, SQL, and data visualization. Through hands-on training, learn how to define a target audience, communicate with stakeholders, write effective user stories, build wireframes, and more.
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Agile, Scrum
    LocationRaleigh
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)
  • Leo Daniel  User Photo
    Leo Daniel • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This program is rigorous! The first week covers fundamentals of HTML & CSS and the following week requires you to apply and incorporate them in the foundations of a personal portfolio. Frameworks and languages change frequently, often per homework assignment. Assignments are cumulative, so expect to continuously apply what you’ve learned from to week to week. . The pace of the curriculum steadily increases, and will challenge you both physically and mentally.

However, there is an immense amount of support available not only from the instructor and TAs, but the Student Success Coach and the Career Service Counselor. The instructional support team welcomes questions and feedback, and will walkthrough the material at your request. The team strives to be available in-person before and after classes, and via Slack.

By the end of the course, you will have had the opportunity to build your portfolio, making it responsive and mobile-ready with Bootstrap; demonstrating JavaScript and jQuery interactivity; utilizing database architecture with both structured SQL and non-relational noSQL types, like Mongo, and eventually incorporating cutting-edge frameworks like React. Instructors will help you ensure your portfolio demonstrates the breadth of knowledge gained from this course as well as incorporate your own style.

How much you want to learn and apply is entirely up to you. You can do the basics or you can push yourself by taking advantage of tutorials and choosing the more challenging homeworks over the basic requirements. Creativity and teamwork play important roles in this course.  While homework assignments are independent, you’re encouraged to discuss concepts with your classmates. Unlike homeworks, projects are completed as a team--consisting of 3-5 classmates. With that being said, teamwork also requires a great deal of scheduling and time management. With the challenges this course presents, it’s best to take initiative and ask for help early from the instructors or your classmates.  Overall, this course is super challenging, but super worth it. After this course, you’ll come away with a ton of new knowledge and skills and a portfolio that shows it. If you’re lucky, maybe you’ll make a few friends along the way.

Ultimately with this course you can develop your proficiency and growth, and cultivate a team-oriented mindset as well.

Challenging yourself is the key with this bootcamp. I wholeheartedly recommend this course to all skill levels from novice to intermediate, or anyone looking to build a full-stack web application from scratch for your portfolio.

Wednesday, Feb 06 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Leo! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and felt supported by our entire instructional team. Like you mentioned, how much you want to learn and apply is ultimately up to the individual, but if you put in the hard work it's well worth it. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all that you do!
  • Torre Matthew  User Photo
    Torre Matthew • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I couldn't be happier to have gone through this program. It was grueling but I had so much fun that the intensity hardly mattered at all.

To go from only the most basic html and css knowledge to building complex full stack applications with polished UIs, easy to consume API endpoints, fully functional databases, etc in less than six months is something I hardly believed I'd be able to do. However, the teaching staff and curriculum of this program got me there.

I'd recommend this program to anyone serious about learning to write software. I'd also recommend it to anyone willing to work as hard as they've probably ever worked in the span of 6 months to learn really cool technology.

The program was one of the best investments I've ever made in myself. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the people who went through it with me and the teaching/support staff that got me through it.

Saturday, Feb 02 2019
    Thank you so much, Torre! We're happy to hear you had such a fantastic student experience and found our entire team to be supportive and encouraging. Congratulations on graduating, we commend all of your hard work! We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
  • Field  User Photo
    Field • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I applied to the Coding Boot Camp at UNC after about two years of deliberating whether this was the path for me and researching various programs around the country. My introduction to programming came in 2013, when I took CompSci 101 during my senior year of college. Between then and starting this program, I had done zero actual programming. This course helped take my coding skills from zero to highly competent and fully capable in a matter of months.

The in-person instruction, the extended timeframe, the namebrand recognition, and the varied curriculum attracted me to this program, and I was not disappointed. I couldn't recommend it any more highly to someone considering a full-stack web development boot camp.

In my opinion, the most significant takeaway is a broad and strong foundation in several technologies, which has been established by your instructors and your newfound ability to self-teach complex topics and tackle new challenges through a programmatic lense.

After completing this camp, I feel like I can take myself from total noob to capable coder in whatever technology I need to accomplish an objective. On top of that, I've got a sizable portfolio of work and a hunger to build all kinds of cool things with code.

Big thanks to everyone involved in my cohort's admininstration!

Wednesday, Jan 30 2019
    Amazing, Field! We're thrilled our program successfully helped you learn the fundamentals for full-stack web development. It's great to know you truly benefited from our in-person instruction and curriculum. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course! We wish you all the success in your future coding endeavors.
  • Quy Nguyen  User Photo
    Quy Nguyen • Student Verified via GitHub

UNC Coding Bootcamp has taught me so much, I went from not knowing HTML to learning and building a full React app. It was challenging at first but I stuck it out and pushed through it. I signed up for a tutor and forced myself to stay consistent every week. The instructional team was wonderful and very supportive. Lisa, our student success manager was wonderful, she was always there if you needed to talk. If I could change one thing about my experience I would commit to working closely with career services early on. Since graduating, I am now working with my profile coach to update my resume and portfolio to help me land my dream job.

Tuesday, Jan 22 2019
    We appreciate your review, Quy! We’re glad to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and utilized the boot camp's resources to help you through the rigorous curriculum. Our entire team is passionate about enabling student success and we have to agree that Lisa is wonderful. Congratulations on graduating! We look forward to providing you with continued career assistance and are rooting you on as you step out into the industry.
  • Daniel Milligan  User Photo
    Daniel Milligan • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This program was one of the most rewarding educational experiences I have ever gone through. The course is fast paced and challenging, but if you are looking to understand how to build a web application from the ground up, this program will give you the tools.

The instructional team was knowledgeable and friendly.  They did a great job of breaking down complicated concepts into understandable pieces.  Additionally, I appreciated that they would thoroughly review your code to provide feedback and encourage best practices.

The course does a great job of giving students the knowledge needed to succeed in building actual applications.  How far you take those applications though will be on you.  Their goal is to give you the building blocks upon which you can establish a successful developing skillset.

The course will not teach you every programming language.  However, it does teach you how to approach learning new skills, implementing tools, and understanding other documentation.  It is very much the "teach you how to fish" model.

If you are looking to learn how to build an actual web application and are willing to put in the work, I would highly recommend this program.

Tuesday, Jan 22 2019
    Great work, Daniel! We're thrilled to hear our program was so rewarding, and that you thoroughly enjoyed the curriculum and instructional team. Like you mentioned, if you are willing to put in the work, you can succeed. We truly appreciate your feedback and applaud your dedication. Congratulations on graduating, we are rooting you on as you continue forward!
  • Ben Garcia  User Photo
    Ben Garcia • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had an excellent experience with the UNC Full Stack Flex program.

After 8 years in a career pushing paper for the government, I decided I couldn't live that mundane cubicle life any longer. I had no previous coding experience outside a couple Codecademy tutorials before the session started, and the Monday following graduation I started a new position at a local software development company as a Software Engineer.

I put in many (many... many... many...) hours of study and practice during those 6 months, and I'd bet that just about anyone who put in that level of extraordinary effort is highly likely to get extraordinary results as well.

My instructor was outstanding! He had an unbelievable ability to explain new concepts as if I was 5, as well as illustrate high level programming paradigms in a way that I could process.

What I consider to be the best feature of this bootcamp is the curriculum. Some would argue that coding bootcamps can't teach you anything you couldn't learn on your own freely. Although I respect that opinion, I believe it to only be true in theory.

This bootcamp hit all of the essential highlights for the skills required of employable developers today -- in a time frame and at a skill level that I (and I'd say others) wouldn't be able to achieve on their own.

I wouldn't say that everyone should be a developer... but if you do want to be a developer, this bootcamp can certainly be the roadmap to a new career in the least possible amount of time.

Friday, Jan 11 2019
    Way to go, Ben! Thank you for choosing our program to make such a significant career move. It's great to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and found your instructor to be so knowledgeable. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We wish you all the success.
  • Sheila Ward  User Photo
    Sheila Ward Verified via LinkedIn

I attended The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill beginning May 2018 and ending Nov 2018.  I enjoyed this experience tremendously; however to me it was very tough.  I had been a programmer for 20 years, but then got laid off and knew that I needed some extra training on newer technologies for the future.  I did the "Full Stack Developer" track.  My recommendation is that if you pick up on things very fast, this will go well for you.  If you have a background coding in IT, that will help.  I struggled because I'm a "smart" normal person (not a genius), and I needed a little more time working with the technologies in order to get good at them.  But of course, we only had 6 months.  The instructor was very nice and very knowledgeable about everything.  He did speak with an accent, but it was not too difficult to understand (he is from Turkey).  I thought the price was very reasonable compared with some I had checked into.  But if you decide to do this, make sure that you GET A TUTOR, especially for the back-end.  You will probably need it.  I spent as much time and more than a full-time job doing this.  The frustration was when I got stuck on something and needed help.  Usually the TAs will help out before, during, and after class, but on slack it was hard to find someone who could help.  And I lived over an hour away.

Wednesday, Nov 14 2018
    Thank you for your review, Sheila! We're so glad you enjoyed your student experience and received continual support from our instructional team. Like you mentioned, this is a challenging, fast-paced program that covers an extensive amount of course material, requiring students to devote additional time outside the classroom. We commend you for your hard work and for tapping into all of the resources available to you. We understand that getting prompt assistance via Slack isn't always possible, but you've provided great advice for future students to take advantage of our free tutor network, TA assistance, and office hours. Congratulations on graduating, we are rooting you on as you move forward!
  • Anonymous  User Photo
    Anonymous • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Overall, WOW! What an experience. I literally changed my life! Trilogy has been awesome and everyone in the process is so supportive. You NEED TO PUT THE WORK IN! This course is FAST, HARD, INTENSE, and IN DEPTH! But, if you are willing to put the hours in every single week (30 - 40+) you will succeed and be on the way to new levels of personal and career success and opportunity. I just finished the boot camp and would totally do it again! In fact, I loved it so much I begin TA'ing for the program next week! If you want to take a chance at a better life and want to push yourself to put the work in and learn the technologies presented in class the decision to take the boot camp is a no brainer!

Friday, Jun 01 2018
    Way to go, Anonymous! This program is definitely challenging, fast-paced and in-depth, but like you noted, if you are willing to put in the additional hours of hard work and practice, you will be able to succeed! We commend you for your dedication and long hours of study. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for returning to TA for us! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Amy   User Photo
    Amy • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just graduated from the UNC Coding Bootcamp about a week ago and it's one of the best things I've ever done for myself. The class was HARD, no joke, when they tell you the pace is fast, believe them...it's FAST!

However, if you hold on for the ride and just embrace it, you will come out at the end with a huge foundation of knowledge. I've talked to several developer friends who are very impressed with the material I've learned (the volume and also the fact that the material is actually relevant and currently in high demand within the industry).

My instructor was great...personable, knowledgable, funny, easy to talk to, he was always available to answer questions or re-explain a concept. He really made the class fun...I always looked forward to it. Plus, we had two TA's in our class, and I had a personal tutor I met with on Zoom every week (included in the program). I also really loved the connections I made with my fellow students, we bonded quickly and were always helping each other out as well. Plenty of resources were made available when we needed extra help.

I am not yet an expert (I had zero experience with web dev when I started), but I have a really solid foundation now. There are concepts I need to review again, I need to keep learning, but there's A LOT that I know how to do and that feels amazing!

This experience will be what you make of it...you will need to put in a lot of work outside of class time. Everyone is different, but I would have had a very difficult time keeping up with class if I had been working full time. Do yourself a favor and get a head start with webistes like W3Schools.com and freecodecamp.org...especially if you're a newbie. That is something I wish I would have done, it would have really helped to atleast be familiar with terms and concepts before day one.

The only not great experience for me was career services...but again, this is what you make of it. We never got a chance to meet the career people in person and that doesn't work with my personality. I felt they were removed and not really a part of the whole experience. Because of this, I didn't participate fully in this aspect of the class. I'm sure if I had tried harder, I would have gotten more out of it...but I just never felt a connection with those folks, so it wasn't all that helpful to me.

Overall, I am 100% glad I took this class, zero regrets. I have gained SO much knowledge, met so many great people and I know that I have the skills I need to get a job I love and earn a great living!

Wednesday, May 30 2018
    Congratulations on graduating, Amy! We are thrilled you had such a positive and challenging experience learning relevant and in-demand skills in our program. We’re happy to hear your instructor, TAs, and classmates all supported you throughout your boot camp journey. We know our entire staff works hard to help equip students for success, and feedback like yours makes it all worthwhile. Like you mentioned, the course will require extensive time studying and practicing concepts outside of class, so preparing for the course prior to day one by completing the program pre-work and tapping into free online resources is very important - this is great advice for future students!

We understand you would have preferred to connect with your career team in person. Our professional development services offer bi-monthly one-on-one Career Coaching with our Career Director to ensure students are not only able to foster a relationship with their dedicated team member but also have ample modes of communication to best suit their needs including Zoom Video Conferencing, Google Hangouts, phone, or email. Were these resources of help? We are constantly refining our career services to best help students, so we appreciate you sharing this feedback. It's our goal for all individuals to leave the program feeling prepared for and confident about the job search, so we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns and provide any additional career planning assistance you may need at this time. Please contact me directly at (919) 425-0055. Thank you for your review and we wish you all the best!
  • Joshua Bohde  User Photo
    Joshua Bohde • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is an excellent program to cultivate the skills needed to become a full stack web developer. Entering the program with no prior coding experience, as I did, can be challenging. But, the program offers many different elements to assist you, including a throrough curriculum with engaging instructors, accessible teacher assistants, helpful one on one tutoring and approachable student success and career services to help transition you into your new career. It is a very supportive environment, that if you bring the passion and dedication to learn will help you flourish.

Wednesday, May 23 2018
    Thank you, Joshua! We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We’re thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development, as it’s our goal to provide a comprehensive experience for all of our students, ranging from those individuals who may be more knowledgeable to true beginners. We're really passionate about we do, so it's great to hear our instructors, TAs, Student Success and Career Services team were able to provide you with the best resources and knowledge base. We couldn't agree more that if you bring passion and dedication to the program you will definitely flourish. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors!
  • Philippe Dixon  User Photo
    Philippe Dixon • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I came into this program with  only a small amout of prior programming experience.  And that mostly came from online courses and sites learning on my own.  After a lot of research into other programs in the area I settled on the UNC boot camp and I'm glad to say I'm not disappointed.  I began the course barely able to put up a simple web page and left writing and deploying stand alone web applications complete with server code and a database.  It's a thorough curriculum that will not only make you competent in full stack web development but also give you the tools to continue to grow and learn new technologies that arrive in the ever changing world of software development.

Thursday, May 10 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Philippe! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, it was a pleasure to have you in our course. We’re thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience, as it’s our goal to provide a comprehensive learning experience for all of our students, ranging from those individuals who may have more experience to novice self-starters. This is an immersive and challenging course, so we commend you for all of the long hours and hard work you put in - it definitely paid off. We wish you all the best as you continue on your new career path!
  • Bowen Brinegar  User Photo
    Bowen Brinegar • Software Engineer and Teaching Assistant • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

It's a great program for those that have had an interest in techology and have never pursued it. If you are a logical or design kind of thinker this is a program in which you can thrive. There is an awesome intrusctional staff and management team behind the program.

Available resources are: 13 hours of Code for 6 months with an industry leading teacher and teaching assistants, 1 hr of included 1on1 tutoring once a week, video guides for class review, and step by step solutions to complicated web application assignment, to just list a few of the benefits.

If you are looking to become a full-stack web developer, this course will provide you with all the tools you need to suceed. That being said, at the end of the day it is up to you to find the passion. The bootcamp with take over and foster it from there.

Tuesday, May 08 2018
    Hi Bowen, thank you so much for your review! It’s terrific to hear you learned so much from our curriculum and course instruction. Our instructors and TAs are truly passionate about what they do, so hearing they supported you during your journey makes their hard work truly worthwhile. We also think our entire team is awesome!

You are completely right in that it is up to the individual to use their passion and dedication alongside the boot camp's resources to fuel your success; great job of taking advantage of all the materials we offer to supplement your instruction -  this was excellent advice for future students. We hope you're proud of all you accomplished and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors!