unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing and technology project management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.85

all (66) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Scrum, Agile
    LocationRaleigh
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.
    Payment plans available

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
  • Sheila Ward  User Photo
    Sheila Ward Verified via LinkedIn

I attended The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill beginning May 2018 and ending Nov 2018.  I enjoyed this experience tremendously; however to me it was very tough.  I had been a programmer for 20 years, but then got laid off and knew that I needed some extra training on newer technologies for the future.  I did the "Full Stack Developer" track.  My recommendation is that if you pick up on things very fast, this will go well for you.  If you have a background coding in IT, that will help.  I struggled because I'm a "smart" normal person (not a genius), and I needed a little more time working with the technologies in order to get good at them.  But of course, we only had 6 months.  The instructor was very nice and very knowledgeable about everything.  He did speak with an accent, but it was not too difficult to understand (he is from Turkey).  I thought the price was very reasonable compared with some I had checked into.  But if you decide to do this, make sure that you GET A TUTOR, especially for the back-end.  You will probably need it.  I spent as much time and more than a full-time job doing this.  The frustration was when I got stuck on something and needed help.  Usually the TAs will help out before, during, and after class, but on slack it was hard to find someone who could help.  And I lived over an hour away.

Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps
    Title: Community Team
    Wednesday, Nov 14 2018
    Thank you for your review, Sheila! We're so glad you enjoyed your student experience and received continual support from our instructional team. Like you mentioned, this is a challenging, fast-paced program that covers an extensive amount of course material, requiring students to devote additional time outside the classroom. We commend you for your hard work and for tapping into all of the resources available to you. We understand that getting prompt assistance via Slack isn't always possible, but you've provided great advice for future students to take advantage of our free tutor network, TA assistance, and office hours. Congratulations on graduating, we are rooting you on as you move forward!
  • Anonymous  User Photo
    Anonymous • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Overall, WOW! What an experience. I literally changed my life! Trilogy has been awesome and everyone in the process is so supportive. You NEED TO PUT THE WORK IN! This course is FAST, HARD, INTENSE, and IN DEPTH! But, if you are willing to put the hours in every single week (30 - 40+) you will succeed and be on the way to new levels of personal and career success and opportunity. I just finished the boot camp and would totally do it again! In fact, I loved it so much I begin TA'ing for the program next week! If you want to take a chance at a better life and want to push yourself to put the work in and learn the technologies presented in class the decision to take the boot camp is a no brainer!

Friday, Jun 01 2018
    Way to go, Anonymous! This program is definitely challenging, fast-paced and in-depth, but like you noted, if you are willing to put in the additional hours of hard work and practice, you will be able to succeed! We commend you for your dedication and long hours of study. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for returning to TA for us! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Amy   User Photo
    Amy • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just graduated from the UNC Coding Bootcamp about a week ago and it's one of the best things I've ever done for myself. The class was HARD, no joke, when they tell you the pace is fast, believe them...it's FAST!

However, if you hold on for the ride and just embrace it, you will come out at the end with a huge foundation of knowledge. I've talked to several developer friends who are very impressed with the material I've learned (the volume and also the fact that the material is actually relevant and currently in high demand within the industry).

My instructor was great...personable, knowledgable, funny, easy to talk to, he was always available to answer questions or re-explain a concept. He really made the class fun...I always looked forward to it. Plus, we had two TA's in our class, and I had a personal tutor I met with on Zoom every week (included in the program). I also really loved the connections I made with my fellow students, we bonded quickly and were always helping each other out as well. Plenty of resources were made available when we needed extra help.

I am not yet an expert (I had zero experience with web dev when I started), but I have a really solid foundation now. There are concepts I need to review again, I need to keep learning, but there's A LOT that I know how to do and that feels amazing!

This experience will be what you make of it...you will need to put in a lot of work outside of class time. Everyone is different, but I would have had a very difficult time keeping up with class if I had been working full time. Do yourself a favor and get a head start with webistes like W3Schools.com and freecodecamp.org...especially if you're a newbie. That is something I wish I would have done, it would have really helped to atleast be familiar with terms and concepts before day one.

The only not great experience for me was career services...but again, this is what you make of it. We never got a chance to meet the career people in person and that doesn't work with my personality. I felt they were removed and not really a part of the whole experience. Because of this, I didn't participate fully in this aspect of the class. I'm sure if I had tried harder, I would have gotten more out of it...but I just never felt a connection with those folks, so it wasn't all that helpful to me.

Overall, I am 100% glad I took this class, zero regrets. I have gained SO much knowledge, met so many great people and I know that I have the skills I need to get a job I love and earn a great living!

Wednesday, May 30 2018
    Congratulations on graduating, Amy! We are thrilled you had such a positive and challenging experience learning relevant and in-demand skills in our program. We’re happy to hear your instructor, TAs, and classmates all supported you throughout your boot camp journey. We know our entire staff works hard to help equip students for success, and feedback like yours makes it all worthwhile. Like you mentioned, the course will require extensive time studying and practicing concepts outside of class, so preparing for the course prior to day one by completing the program pre-work and tapping into free online resources is very important - this is great advice for future students!

We understand you would have preferred to connect with your career team in person. Our professional development services offer bi-monthly one-on-one Career Coaching with our Career Director to ensure students are not only able to foster a relationship with their dedicated team member but also have ample modes of communication to best suit their needs including Zoom Video Conferencing, Google Hangouts, phone, or email. Were these resources of help? We are constantly refining our career services to best help students, so we appreciate you sharing this feedback. It's our goal for all individuals to leave the program feeling prepared for and confident about the job search, so we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns and provide any additional career planning assistance you may need at this time. Please contact me directly at (919) 425-0055. Thank you for your review and we wish you all the best!
  • Joshua Bohde  User Photo
    Joshua Bohde • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is an excellent program to cultivate the skills needed to become a full stack web developer. Entering the program with no prior coding experience, as I did, can be challenging. But, the program offers many different elements to assist you, including a throrough curriculum with engaging instructors, accessible teacher assistants, helpful one on one tutoring and approachable student success and career services to help transition you into your new career. It is a very supportive environment, that if you bring the passion and dedication to learn will help you flourish.

Wednesday, May 23 2018
    Thank you, Joshua! We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We’re thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development, as it’s our goal to provide a comprehensive experience for all of our students, ranging from those individuals who may be more knowledgeable to true beginners. We're really passionate about we do, so it's great to hear our instructors, TAs, Student Success and Career Services team were able to provide you with the best resources and knowledge base. We couldn't agree more that if you bring passion and dedication to the program you will definitely flourish. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors!
  • Philippe Dixon  User Photo
    Philippe Dixon • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I came into this program with  only a small amout of prior programming experience.  And that mostly came from online courses and sites learning on my own.  After a lot of research into other programs in the area I settled on the UNC boot camp and I'm glad to say I'm not disappointed.  I began the course barely able to put up a simple web page and left writing and deploying stand alone web applications complete with server code and a database.  It's a thorough curriculum that will not only make you competent in full stack web development but also give you the tools to continue to grow and learn new technologies that arrive in the ever changing world of software development.

Thursday, May 10 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Philippe! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, it was a pleasure to have you in our course. We’re thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience, as it’s our goal to provide a comprehensive learning experience for all of our students, ranging from those individuals who may have more experience to novice self-starters. This is an immersive and challenging course, so we commend you for all of the long hours and hard work you put in - it definitely paid off. We wish you all the best as you continue on your new career path!
  • Bowen Brinegar  User Photo
    Bowen Brinegar • Software Engineer and Teaching Assistant • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

It's a great program for those that have had an interest in techology and have never pursued it. If you are a logical or design kind of thinker this is a program in which you can thrive. There is an awesome intrusctional staff and management team behind the program.

Available resources are: 13 hours of Code for 6 months with an industry leading teacher and teaching assistants, 1 hr of included 1on1 tutoring once a week, video guides for class review, and step by step solutions to complicated web application assignment, to just list a few of the benefits.

If you are looking to become a full-stack web developer, this course will provide you with all the tools you need to suceed. That being said, at the end of the day it is up to you to find the passion. The bootcamp with take over and foster it from there.

Tuesday, May 08 2018
    Hi Bowen, thank you so much for your review! It’s terrific to hear you learned so much from our curriculum and course instruction. Our instructors and TAs are truly passionate about what they do, so hearing they supported you during your journey makes their hard work truly worthwhile. We also think our entire team is awesome!

You are completely right in that it is up to the individual to use their passion and dedication alongside the boot camp's resources to fuel your success; great job of taking advantage of all the materials we offer to supplement your instruction -  this was excellent advice for future students. We hope you're proud of all you accomplished and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors!
  • Daniel Kim  User Photo
    Daniel Kim • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The phrase "Nothing good comes easy" describes this boot camp experience perfectly in that the amount of effort and work required to complete this boot camp was not easy but it was definitely worth it in the end. I could not have asked for a better instructor and supporting instructional staff that helped me develop the technical skills I needed in order to land my current dream job.

Big thanks to Trilogy and UNC Chapel Hill for providing this awesome boot camp experience where people, like myself, can learn valuable skills that are highly marketable.

Monday, May 07 2018
    Congratulations on graduating Daniel! Like you mentioned, although this program is challenging and requires students to commit additional time and effort to master the course material, it's definitely worth it. It's great to know our market-based curriculum taught you the necessary coding skills and that our instructors and TAs provided plenty of support along the way. Our mission is to always assist and encourage students to be successful in this program and beyond. We love getting reviews like yours, as our team works hard every day to help fulfill this vision. Congratulations on your new dream role, we applaud all your dedication and commitment as you go forward!
  • Maria Wong  User Photo
    Maria Wong • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Attending Trilogy's Bootcamp was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I had tried numerous times on my own to learn to program unsuccessfully. Within six months Trilogy took me from a novice to a professional full stack software developer.

The most valuable aspects of the program are the highly-researched curriculum focused on relevant software technologies, challenging weekly assignments creating full applications, experienced teachers and teacher assistants who are enthusiastic about the material and work hard to make sure students fully understand the concepts, and a student success manager who is dedicated to ensure students succeed and have a great experience throughout the program.

The program teaches a lot of material in a very short amount of time, but it is manageable and you are even able to work full-time while completing the program. I recommend the Bootcamp to anyone who wishes to come out with the confidence and skills needed to build full-stack applications from scratch and to learn new technologies quickly.

Monday, May 07 2018
    Amazing! Thank you, Maria. We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with our program, successfully learning the fundamental concepts of full-stack web development. We are happy to hear our curriculum helped you gain in-demand industry skills and that you felt challenged in the hands-on coding projects. We know the importance of quality instruction and select team members that are experienced and passionate about student success! As you mentioned, this course is fast-paced; as such we commend you for all of the hard work and additional hours you put in to complete the boot camp. We can’t wait to see what you will accomplish with all the knowledge you gained and wish you the best of luck with your future goals!
  • Life changing
    - 5/3/2018
    David  User Photo
    David • customer service engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Honestly its a lot of work and can be intense at times.  They call it a boot-camp for a reason, but its so much more than that.  I refer to more as in immersion in programming.  If you're looking to go into something that will challenge you and frustrate you every day computer programming is the career for you.  The boot-camp helps you get used to not knowing anything and learning how to leverage resources outside of class like you would have to work on a real-world project.  Plus it helps that shortly after I graduated I got a full-time job making more money than I ever have in my life.

Thursday, May 03 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, David! We know this is an immersive and challenging course, so we commend you for all of the long hours and hard work you put into the program - it definitely paid off! We pride ourselves on our proven curriculum, teaching students how to learn, and giving them key foundational skills across a variety of programming topics. We are so glad to hear you had such a positive experience. Thank you for your review—We wish you all the best as you continue on your new career path!
  • Paul Zavattieri  User Photo
    Paul Zavattieri • Software Engineer I • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Short and simple version:

Great boot camp. It's tough, there's a lot of material, and it will require a lot of discipline and work on your part. That being said, it'll take you from 0 to professional entry level developer in 6 months if you put in the work into two areas: 1) Learning/practicing the material, and 2) building your professional presence. In my opinion and experience, it is worth the cost and time. I secured a Software Engineering job less than 1 month after graduation. Prior to the course, I had 0 dev experience.

Long version:

This is a great boot camp for anybody looking to switch careers or just to learn HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (specifically JavaScript - this is a JavaScript intensive course. There is 1 week on C#, but the vast majority of libraries, frameworks, and tech in this course is centered around JS.). Not only that, the layout enables you to keep your job while the course is underway. The teachers and TAs are all very knowledgable, and the class room setting is great as well. Tons of activities, paired programming, and a few projects really drive home the material. Our Student Success Manager and Career Advisor were also great and helpful. I came in with no prior coding experience, so the first month was the most difficult for me just to grasp the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. After that first month of getting used to the class and homeworks, and also learning on my own outside of class (Udemy.com - outside learning is important), you kinda hit a groove and start picking up the more complex stuff quicker and having a bunch of those 'aha' moments. It's amazing today to see the apps I can build in only 6 months of training.

I'm a skeptical person. I definitely had my skepticism about paying for this course and wondering if the investment would pay off in a job in 6 months...seemed too good to be true. At the end of the day, it's up to you and your effort/drive as to whether or not the investment will pay off. I have a few friends from the course that are now successfully in dev jobs - so this definitely will prepare you for dev roles and companies definitely do hire boot camp graduates. LinkedIn recruiters will reach out to you frequently once you get towards the end of the course. To me (I was in finance prior to my career change), any investment where I can completely control the rate of return is a great one. If you have the drive and desire to put in the time, I highly recommend the UNC Coding Boot Camp.

Thursday, May 03 2018
    Hi, Paul, thank you so much for your review! Our entire staff - instructors, TA's, Student Success Manager, and Career Services team - are all incredibly passionate about education and changing our students' lives. We love hearing the in-person classroom experience was helpful, as we know how valuable it is to collaborate with classmates and learn to work as a team on various projects.

As far as your advice, we couldn't agree more. You are completely right that this is a rigorous course that requires discipline and commitment; it takes hard work and long hours outside of class, so we applaud you for mastering the material and building some amazing web apps! Not only are we proud of all you were able to accomplish in the last six months, but we are amazed at your dedication during the job search that ultimately led to your new career change. Congratulations on your new Software Engineer role! We wish you great success moving forward.
  • Steve Hulme  User Photo
    Steve Hulme • Program Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am a March graduate of the UNC Coding Bootcamp. I took the Bootcamp in order to return to my "roots" as a software developer, after 20 years of project and IT Professional Services management. I'm glad I took this Bootcamp -- it is head and shoulders above the alternatives.

The Bootcamp's strong points are these:

• Training in current software frameworks and technologies.
    • Excellent, well-written, and challenging exercises and homework.
    • Hands-on development. Instruction is emphatically not "death by powerpoint". You will write a lot of code!
    • We had a terrific instructor, one of those rare individuals who was born to teach. Our instructor has extensive experience as a developer and as a manager of development teams at a major corporation. That experience, plus enthusiasm and the ability to explain complex topics, made class presentations compelling and enjoyable.
    • TA support. There were, usually, 3 TAs -- all veteran developers -- for 32 students. Thus (and including the instructor) we had an 8:1 student/faculty ratio. As a result, it was easy to get help and that help was given by people who know what they are doing.
    • A Student Success Manager (SSM) who worked very hard to ensure each of us had a great experience. Our SSM was always available, responsive to questions, and committed to our success.

To conclude, this is a professionally run and supported Bootcamp that provides a quality educational experience, focused on currently-relevant software technology.

There are, of course, a few improvements I'd make -- more focus on ES6 Javascript, React.js, Angular, and removing the C# module.  But these are nits. I know that Trilogy Ed, who runs the course, is always trying to improve it. I'm confident it will continue to provide excellent, relevant training.

If you fully participate in every class and do all the homework you will acquire solid software development tools. To become a true software developer you must do additional reading and research, as well as gain on-the-job experience, but these requirements are true for any profession.  The Coding Bootcamp will give you the tools you need to progress down your professional path.

Knowing what I know now, would I take the Coding Bootcamp again -- absolutely! I am very grateful to the Instructor, TAs, and our SSM for their help and dedication to my success.

Wednesday, May 02 2018
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, Steve! It made our team's day to know that you enjoyed our boot camp and received the necessary support from our instructors, TA's, and Student Success Manager. It's terrific to hear that your experience in the program helped you further advance your previous programming skills. Our entire team is passionate about what they do, so receiving feedback like yours makes all of their commitment truly worthwhile.

We’re constantly updating our curricula and student feedback is an important part of keeping our course material up to date, so we really appreciate your input. We couldn’t agree more that the program depends solely on what you’re willing to put into it. You’ve definitely worked hard, so we congratulate you on your accomplishments! Congratulations on completing this course and we wish you all the best as you move forward in your career!
  • Great choice
    - 9/8/2017
    John-Mike Marquardt  User Photo
    John-Mike Marquardt • Sr Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    This was a very challenging 24-week course, but also very rewarding. The UNC coding bootcamp is the best way to experience an overall full-stack understanding of modern web development while also still working full-time. We used all of the common tools (git & github, slack, trello, heroku, sublime/atom) that developers use right from day one. While fast paced, we incrementally built our knowledge and skills in a very digestible timeframe. The opportunity to be a part of a cohort in a classroom with excellent supportive instructors and staff is invaluable to learning. I learned more in 6 months of bootcamp than I did in two years of MOOCs.
    Response From: Ilyssa Rosenzweig of UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps
    Friday, Sep 15 2017
    You rock John! We’re so glad that our program provided you with such a valuable educational experience. We’re constantly working to improve our curriculum, so we love to hear that you found the progression of topics to be easy to absorb. We hope you’re proud of all of the hard work you put into this program.

Congratulations on completing the course, we wish you nothing but the best of luck as you move forward in your career.