unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing and technology project management in Chapel Hill/Morrisville or Raleigh, NC. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Git, C#, ASP.Net, and more.

The data science curriculum covers a broad array of technologies like programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, API Interactions, MySQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, Machine Learning, and more.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Students will also have access to a network of boot camp employer partners. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. Brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (57) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    - This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Scrum, Agile
    LocationRaleigh
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares learners to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.
    Payment plans available

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
  • Remco  User Photo
    Remco • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After a lot of research and comparing different programs, I enrolled in the Data Analytics Bootcamp at UNC. It was an amazing experience and I can't believe how much I learned in such a short period of time. For anyone who is thinking about taking this course: it's not going to be easy. It's extremely fast-paced and 10 hours of class + weekly homework assignments require you to spend at least 15 hours per week on it, but there were weeks I spent 25-30 hours on some very challenging assignments. That being said, I've done it all in addition to a full-time job and it all worked out.

The other thing that is absolutely great about this course is Career Services. If you're looking for a job, this course truly helps you find one. If you're willing to relocate, there's a very high chance you'll find a job shortly after the bootcamp with one of the companies in their network. I didn't want to do that, but they still helped me a lot. They provide one-on-one sessions with a career advisor, resume reviews, help with writing cover letters, etc. I want to mention Robin Pajot in particular, who has done bi-weekly 30-minute sessions with me for over 3 months. She's was absolutely fabulous and really helped me getting more confident and more competitive. She went above and beyond to help me with my career.

I highly recommend this course to anyone who's interested in getting skills in data analytics and programming and/or who's looking to find a job in data science or other industries.
    Thursday, Sep 03 2020
    Thank you for your sharing your boot camp experience, Remco! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and benefited from the support of our career services. We also have to agree that Robin is fantastic.

Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program, one that will require extensive hours both inside and outside of the classroom. But if you take advantage of all the available resources and put in the work, you can definitely stay ahead and succeed. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your future endeavors!
  • Monica  User Photo
    Monica • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have spent the last 6 months with such a great group of teachers, TAs, Tutors, and Career Services people that have helped me successfully graduate from this Full Stack Web Development program. I have felt supported by my teacher/TAs (Austin, Tom, Brendan) and my tutor (Maria) was absolutely AMAZING. My career services/leadership support has been and continues to be amazing as well (Thank you Robin, and Lisa).

I did not have any coding experience but really wanted to do something different and learn skills that were very in demand. Compared to other bootcamps, this one is a reasonable price point and you get what you pay for (exceptional teachers/support). It was really difficult and frustrating at times but overall I highly recommend this to anyone that wants to learn how to code/ get a job in coding.
    Monday, Aug 31 2020
    Thank you, Monica! We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team—we also have to agree that Austin, Tom, Brendan, Maria, Robin, and Lisa are all pretty amazing. It's great to know you had a positive student experience and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. Congratulations on completing the program and best of luck in all that you do!
    - 8/26/2020
    Jon Christie  User Photo
    Jon Christie • Full-Stack Developer • Student Verified via GitHub
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill was done nothing fill my brain with SO much material, and with a smile and the most patience I've witnessed to this day. But what sets this boot camp apart from others, aside from their straight forward and transparent tuition program (read the fine print when comparing), are the staff running the show. Austin was our beard-devoted, friendly, supportive, and knowledgeable instructor. He ran the show and as a teacher of 8 years myself, I will tell you he with the help of this team, handled not only the expected role of training 30 extremely diversely skilled students, but handled it during the current COVID-19 Pandemic. Yup, all remote. And at first I was concerned because half the reason I took the class was to have people around me and gurus present to help me out and vise versa. But that concern dithered quickly as the team at UNC Boot Camp, though I don't know how, managed to evolve with the times and re-arrange teaching methods and the dynamics of the course to make sure we were going to get what we came for. And they did.

I've mentioned team several times. Austin was joined by two TAs, Brendan Cannell and Tom Erickson. If you end up with these guys in your class, RUN!!!! No, totally kidding. They are exactly what you want as a mentor/TA/teacher. Again, patient and never lacking the knowledge to cover any random questions or weird situations we tended to get ourselves. GREAT GUYS. All three. But there is a girl! Lisa Shemancik, our energetic, free-spirited, pet-loving bright light in the room was there on day one, periodically throughout the 6 months all the to the end, in person, or, well, remotely but ya know. That being said, if we ever needed anything non-coding related, she was amazing at being prompt with her responses and handling whatever situation you brought to her. Lisa is an amazing woman who works hard to make sure the students are taken care of.

Its sad to go after being so closely connected with this group for 6-months, but we all developed strong relationships that have already starting turning into business partners, but with a doubt, the experience brings with it many perks you may not think of... such as this. The huge and closely bonded network you leave with. I can't say enough about how impressive and satisfied I was with my experience as a student at the UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camp, so if you are thinking about it, take my word for it and utilize the incredible program offered, at least for now, remotely! And don't forget all the resources you will walk away with. Every week we were supplied with interview prep questions, the most useful links to help us with that material, 10 hrs of in person class time, which... wait for it... was all recorded and available forever to students forever. So anytime you need to review something for a current project or job, you have the videos in your pocket on your phone, tablet, anywhere online. So yeah... TWO THUMBS UP, 5 STARS, BULLSEYE, HOLE IN ONE, what else? You get it, this was an unforgettable experience that has prepared me for the rest of the life as a full-stack web developer.
    Monday, Aug 31 2020
    Way to go, Jon! Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're thrilled this resonated with you. We couldn't agree more that Austin, Brendan, Tom, and Lisa all go above and beyond to help each individual have a seamless boot camp journey.

Your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the online format.

We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment, so we're glad you were able to form such tight knit relationships with others in your cohort. Congratulations on graduating, we commend all your hard work and dedication these past few months! We're rooting you on in all that you do and wish you the best in your future coding endeavors.
  • Eddie Saunders  User Photo
    Eddie Saunders • Student Verified via GitHub
    As a course such as this has multiple aspects to review, I've broken it down into sections.

Instruction and Student Support Staff.
    Everyone involved in this course were easy to work with, and gave sound feedback. The instruction team were clear and concise. While I can't answer for other students when I asked a question I was generally guided in the right direction for an answer rather than be given the immediate solution. I found this helped me understand the solution I was looking for. One of the biggest hurdles was the move from in class to remote study, but everything worked out well, and transitioned with few problems.

Make no mistake, this course is not a walk in the park, it's fast paced, with barely enough time to catch your breath at times before moving onto the next subject. You will need to put in extra hours and work, but the results are worth it. Remember there is a great team to help in the tougher times, they're available before and after class.
    What I would've liked to have seen is a little more time on newer technology such as react (react was still 3+ weeks), I think reducing the time on older technology even by one session each would have made the react sections far easier to work through with the additional time available, hence the 4 points for that. However the older technology is still widely used in many companies.
    Projects were fun. The educational value and teamwork experience gained from doing them was priceless, and really helped solidify what you've learned up to that point, you also make some good friends along the way.
    Although they don't seem mandatory, the moment you sign up go in and do the pre-work. While it may not seem critical, it helps gel into the start of the course.

Career Services
    There are plenty of optional webinars and career services tasks throughout the course. My contact with career services was excellent. You'll get a few invites to webinars, and have the option to chat with a career coach.

Overall
    Great bootcamp, I had fun learning a new skill set. I'd strongly recommend doing some up front study which will help cut the learning curve in many areas. The curicullum is strong, the instructional team are

Wednesday, Aug 05 2020
    Amazing, Eddie! We're happy to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Like you mentioned, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're thrilled to know this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from our online format.

Great advice for prospective students — completing the pre-work and dedicating extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom will help you stay ahead. Although it may seem challenging at first, all your hard work definitely pays off.

Congratulations on completing the program and thank you for your review! We're confident you will go on to do amazing things with your newfound skillset and wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Asad Rauf  User Photo
    Asad Rauf • Solution Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was a challenging bootcamp but i completed successfully and now I am on my path to a new career as a Solution Developer.

The UNC coding bootcamp has excellent Instructor and Teacher Assistants along with Student  Success Manager and Career Director.  I learned from them how to do a career transformation easy for me. I will recommend this Bootcamp to everyone who is passion about moving up in the current company they work for or if they want to be a coder and want to make transition in their career
    Friday, Jul 24 2020
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Asad! We're thrilled you found our entire team to be instrumental and beneficial along your learning journey. Congratulations on successfully graduating and landing an exciting new role! We truly appreciate your recommendation and wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Armon Kahil Roberts  User Photo
    Armon Kahil Roberts • Student Verified via GitHub

I picked this course out of a number of other local schools in my area. I almost chose a different school, but I ulitmately chose this course over others because the financial options offered fit me better. Other schools forced me to take out loans and I didn't want to graduate with debt.

I must admit, I was skeptical at first. But overtime I began to see the true value of this course; the environment it produces for thier respective students. Every class was lectured by an industry professional, along 3 or 4 other industry professionals as TAs,  in a classroom environment. Those two factors are easily overlooked. Everyday, I had acces to a team of industry professionals who were dealing with the latest industry trends. Thats invaluable.

The curriculum and pace are well planned for the working professional. Not once through the course did I think that it was too much to handle. I had access to weekly tutoring seesions, along with TA support through Slack when not in class. If anybody used that alot in this course, it was me.  By no means, is this class easy. However, they go the extra mile to ensure that the material is understood. Also, if by chance, if there's something missed during the lecture, they're recorded and easily made accesible after class.

I am so thankful for taking this course. They go above and beyond to set thier students up for success. Thier Career Services dept is pretty thorough. Throughout the entirety of this course, we were given career milestones to help make us Employer Ready, the Employer Competitive by the time the coures was over.

So, if there's anyone out there, who's on the fence about this. Take the chance and the is school you should pick. I would take over if I could. I loved every part of it.

Monday, Feb 03 2020
    Thank you for your review, Armon! We strive to form a collaborative and encouraging environment for all our students, so we're glad this truly resonated with you. It's great to hear you felt supported by our entire instructional team and found them to be invaluable resources.

Great insight for prospective candidates—taking advantage of weekly tutoring sessions and TA support will help reinforce the material covered. Congratulations on successfully completing the course! We're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors.
  • Wesley Hatley  User Photo
    Wesley Hatley • Senior Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I spent many years internally debating career change, and reading reviews on this course, and other coding courses before enrolling in the Full-Stack Flex program at UNC. Before the course I was firmly nested in a high paying, albeit stressful, senior management role with a company that I was hesitant to depart. One day the reality of how miserable I was hit me like a truck, I decided it was time for change and I made that leap of faith and enrolled in the course.

I have a lot of confidence in my abilities to learn and adapt, it's probably even a bit of arrogance. I didn't give the prework my undivided attention, only dabbling in my free time, and didn't practice outside of class for the first couple of weeks. I initially completely disregarded all thoroughly documented and forwarded recommendations to do all the prework and practice outside of class beyond homework. This was a colossally huge mistake on my part. The pace of the course feels very quick at the beginning, and I soon found myself utterly overwhelemed, confused and categorically not understanding core concepts. I found myself debating dropping the course around week 3 or 4 and returning to my miserable role at my former company.

I am so happy and fortunate to say my instructor, and the program administrator managed to talk me out of this decision. With their encouragement I strengthened my resolve, found my determination, made the commitment, and gave the course work my undivided attention; ensuring I practiced at minimum 20+ hours each week outside of class on the topics discussed in class.

At some point, around week 9 or 10, things uniformly just clicked for me at which point I found my desire for additional learning completely insatiable. I quickly became very far ahead of the curriculum in conceptual understanding, and even began tackling subjects, frameworks and libraries not even a part of the course curriculum. I couldn't learn enough.

I now knew with certainty I wanted to work in this field. I couldn't even envision myself doing anything else workwise any longer. I began actively interviewing and doing technical screenings very early in the course, approximately midway through, and had respectable, start ASAP, job offers available to me two-thirds of the way through the course. Near the end point of the course, past the end point of new material from the curriculum, I received an offer for a Senior Software Development role with a major technology company in RTP. I couldn't refuse, and couldn't believe I was exiting the course with a six figure position - considering six months before the simplest "Hello World" was beyond me, and five months before I was a hair away of dropping.

Pursuing this course is unquestionably the decision I've ever made in my life, and is also the best investment I've ever made in myself. If you have a desire to work in this field, or want a career change, it is worth every penny and every second of the time commitment - but do understand and learn from my early mistake it is a time commitment. Do the prework. Practice outside of class.

I can't testify to the Job Assistance portion of the program, as I didn't utilize it any respect. I'm a master of professional social media, presence and professional document preparation, so I knew I wouldn't need the assistance. Feedback from peers though leads me to believe this portion of the program leaves much to be desired.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Thanks so much, Wesley! We're honored you chose our program to make a significant career change. It's great to hear you remained committed to your studies and felt supported by our entire boot camp team to continue forward.

Like you mentioned, dedicating extensive time both in and outside of the classroom is incredibly important in order to get the most out of the program. We're thrilled you became passionate about learning and developing your web development skills, ultimately leading you to an exciting new role. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Incredible Program
    - 5/28/2019
    Julie Ragsdale  User Photo
    Julie Ragsdale • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This was a truly invaluable experience for me. After two years of searching for a job in my field with no offers, I decided to register for this boot camp. I had been entertaining the idea of getting into software or web development for several months, but I had never mentioned it to anyone. I felt almost guilty for abandoning an industry that I had never even broken into. I'm unbelievably happy and grateful that I took the plunge with this program! After six rigorous months, I feel as if I've finally found my calling as a web developer. I cannot think of a more perfect field to flex both my creative and technical muscles.

I had an amazing instructor and wonderful TAs. They provided a wealth of knowledge. For the duration of the program, they never failed to encourage us and motivate us. Many of the TAs are former boot campers, so they especially understand how challenging this program can be.

After finishing this boot camp, I feel confident in my skills and ability to continue learning. I also feel like I have a competitive edge over many people who have received degrees in computer science, as I learned an abdundance of practical skills that employers are looking for. Many of my friends who are successful software engineers have expressed how impressed they are with the curriculum time and time again.

If you're on the fence about this boot camp, I would urge you to go for it!

Wednesday, May 29 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Julie! We're thrilled you've found your calling as a web developer and found the course to be invaluable. It's great to know our instructional team continually assisted you in your studies, providing both academic and motivational support. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success as you begin this new career path!
  • Jamil Weeks  User Photo
    Jamil Weeks • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had a wonderful experience in the UNC-Chapel Hill Coding Bootcamp. The instructor and TA's were approachable, knowledgeable, and helpful. The course is challenging, but you are surrounded by people that generally want you to succeed. And your peers are there to cheer you on as well. There are a ton of resources you have at your disposal to help you along the journey. I have learned so much in the past six months, and I would definitely do it again knowing what I know now about the program. If you are looking for a career change and want to attain highly sought after skills in the next decade, I highly recommend this program.

Wednesday, May 29 2019
    Way to go, Jamil! It's great to hear you enjoyed your boot camp experience. Our entire team is passionate about helping students succeed, so we're happy this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for recommending our program! All the best as you continue forward.
  • Jacqueline Gwynn  User Photo
    Jacqueline Gwynn • Software Engineer in Test • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The bootcamp was very informative.  The examples and project do a really good job of giving the students a feel for real life in the technical world.  The teacher and TAs are super supportive and help to guide each person.  There is a major time commitment when you take on the developer program.  The subjects move very quickly so if you take a while to catch on you need additional time to practice outside of class.  I wish career services was a little more involved during the process but they are very involved once you complete the course so do not worry they will help with job placement once you have learned everything.  Overall I am very pleased with the amount of subjects I was introduced to look forward to increasing my compentency level with my job.

Wednesday, May 29 2019
    Amazing, Jacqueline! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our instructional team. We appreciate your advice for prospective learners—this course does require an extensive time commitment in and outside of the classroom. Congratulations on completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Conner Leigh  User Photo
    Conner Leigh • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I'm a recent graduate of the UNC Chapel Hill Full Stack Flex program, and it was an amazing experience. I went into this course with virtually zero knowledge, and a head of doubts and worries about the investment. Six months later I couldn't be more satisfied with the curriculum, the staff, the career services, and everything in between.

From the very beginning of the process, everyone involved with the program was very friendly and supportive, even before the first class. It became clear to me quickly that our success was the primary goal of the staff, and that remained true throughout the whole process. I couldn't be more grateful for our TA's Jordan and Mel, our instructor Zach, our Student Success Manager Lisa, who all made the process possible.

The curriculum itself was quite difficult, and at times very frustrating, but the payoff when it all comes together is well worth the struggle. I can't even believe how much knowledge I now have vs. when I started. In retrospect it seems impossible! I was working a job 30+ hours a week during this entire class, and I know some of my fellow graduates were working close to 60! It was difficult to balance the two, but I'm so glad that the option of this part time course was available. A full time class would have seemed near impossible.

In summary, I now have a great foundation in the field of web development, and it has made me very confident going forward into my new career. I would recommend this course to anyone working full time or not, as long as they're willing to put their nose to the grindstone and really give it there all. The return for all of that hard work will surely not disappoint.

Friday, May 03 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Conner! We're thrilled you enjoyed the entire program and found our team to be so supportive. We also agree that Jordan, Mel, Zach, and Lisa are all fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we commend all your hard work! We're rooting you on as you continue on your new career path!
  • Elizabeth Wehner  User Photo
    Elizabeth Wehner • Graduate Verified via GitHub

UNC Chapel Hill's Coding Bootcamp was an excellent learning experience. The instructors were highly knowledgable and the course curriculum was build well, with students learning new things every week and continual building on the week before. By the end of it, we were creating applications of near professional quality.

The Career Services also helps this program stand out from others. After graduating, you will have the option to continue to receive one-on-one guidance and have access to networking events with employers. You'll be working on your resume and interview skills as well and be better prepared for the job hunt.

If there are any issues, it's only that the policy for remote attendence was changed mid-course and made things confusing for a while. Ideally you don't NEED to be remote often (this course specifically requires your attendance in the class room as much as possible) but only having 4 days of remote attendence can make your 5th sick day rather tense. As someone who commuted pretty far to the class, confusion around the policy made things difficult, but the student success manager was willing to work with me and address my needs.

Overall, I enjoyed my time with this course and feel that I stand a better chance of succeeding than I did before.

Monday, Apr 08 2019
    Thank you for sharing your student experience, Elizabeth! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from our entire team's support. Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future endeavors!