unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing and technology project management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.85

all (66) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Scrum, Agile
    LocationRaleigh
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.
    Payment plans available

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
  • Data Analytics
    - 2/25/2021
    Chahnaz Kbaisi  User Photo
    Chahnaz Kbaisi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The UNC data analytics bootcamp was really challenging and required a lot of hard work and diligence. Yet, the experience was positive and worthwhile because the instructor and teaching assistants were dedicated to us learning the concepts, solving the challenges we encountered and applying the knowledge we gained in a meaningful manner. In addition, the bootcamp administrators continuously provided us with the resources we needed to continue building on the material that was presented to us at a fast pace. Overall, it was a great experience and I feel well-equipped for my next career steps.
    Friday, Feb 26 2021
    We appreciate your review, Chahnaz! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your boot camp experience and felt supported by our entire team. Like you noted, this program is challenging and requires hard work but if you're willing to put in the effort you will find the entire journey to be worthwhile. Congratulations on graduating, we're confident you'll go on to do great things with your new skillset!
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 2/24/2021
    Christopher Derteano  User Photo
    Christopher Derteano • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was great BootCamp, if you are so lucky to get Noah King, you will have a wonderful experience knowing that there will always be an instructor willing to help you through the whole course at anytime. The course will be challenging at time but i advice you to stick with it, because the end result will be worth it.
    Wednesday, Feb 24 2021
    Thanks, Christopher! As you mentioned, this is a rigorous program but if you're willing to put in the hard work and dedication, the end results are definitely worth it. Our entire team strives to enable student success, so we're glad you benefited from their support and couldn't agree more that Noah is pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors!
  • Reed  User Photo
    Reed • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It's a six-month program that takes 10 hours of in-class time and 20-40+ hours outside of class. You do not need to know anything about programming to succeed in this bootcmap. I was skeptical about this before enrolling. I can now say this is true after finishing the program. Putting in the hours and being determined to finish every homework/project is all you need. However, the more you know before the further you can push yourself during the program. The instructors, teaching assistants, tutors, career services staff, and administrative staff are supportive throughout. They went the extra mile to help you succeed even if your project went outside the normal scope of the program. I have been teaching in higher education for over a decade and this program has my full endorsement in terms of pedagogical practices, curriculum, and the dedication of the teaching staff.
    Wednesday, Feb 24 2021
    Incredible, Reed! Like you noted, our course is designed for a range of learners, from those with experience to novice beginners, and we couldn't agree more that if you are willing to put in the hard work, you will find the learning experience to be extremely rewarding.

We're thrilled to hear you found our entire boot camp team to be supportive and helpful throughout your learning journey. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • David Jackson  User Photo
    David Jackson • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Disclaimer: I graduated right as the pandemic hit.

The bootcamp is about as hard as you make it for yourself. In a class of 28, about 3 people dropped out and maybe 1 or 2 people failed. Even though the projects were really hard to get an A on, getting a passing C- was, in my opinion, too easy. Everyone who passes the course is going to have big gaps in their knowledge, but this is the kind of job where you have to keep learning anyway. They can't possibly teach you everything for every job.

Some of the material taught is more useful than others. While I thought the machine learning stuff was super cool, I've never heard of anyone that has gotten a job in Machine Learning with just a data analytics certificate. By the time I graduated, I had forgotten a lot of SQL and VBA but that's what I spend all my time on at work! Also, I didn't take the, "visualization" part of the course very seriously since I only cared about getting the right numbers but making the data look nice is actually super important.

The job assistance afterwards was great, but again, you have to put in the work because they aren't applying to jobs for you. My career counselor alone was probably worth a huge chunk of $11,000 I paid for the course. I know a few people that passed the course, but almost a year and a half later don't have data analytics jobs and I can tell just by looking at their Linkedin profiles and Githubs that they haven't been listening to their career counselors.

I got an entry level job as a Data Analyst and while it doesn't pay nearly as well as I hoped, I'm a career switcher and this is the kind of job I was looking for. I'm glad to have a steady, work from home job during the pandemic. I don't know what percent of people that passed the class are actual Data Analysts now but it definitely took me around 6 months to get my job, so don't quit your dayjob.

If you have no programming experience, haven't been to school for many years, and struggle even with basic algebra, I highly recommend you brush up for free on Khan Academy first.
    Thursday, Jan 07 2021
    Thank you, David! We appreciate you choosing our program for an accelerated environment in which to learn new data analytics skills.

We understand you would have liked to spend more time focusing on previously covered technologies like SQL and VBA. We are constantly working on optimizing our curriculum to ensure students are learning the most valuable technologies, so we truly appreciate you sharing this feedback.

Like you noted, our professional development services are built on the principle of empowerment. We know job seeking can be difficult—as such we're thrilled to hear you benefited from the ongoing help of our career services team.

Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and on landing an exciting new role! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Remco  User Photo
    Remco • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After a lot of research and comparing different programs, I enrolled in the Data Analytics Bootcamp at UNC. It was an amazing experience and I can't believe how much I learned in such a short period of time. For anyone who is thinking about taking this course: it's not going to be easy. It's extremely fast-paced and 10 hours of class + weekly homework assignments require you to spend at least 15 hours per week on it, but there were weeks I spent 25-30 hours on some very challenging assignments. That being said, I've done it all in addition to a full-time job and it all worked out.

The other thing that is absolutely great about this course is Career Services. If you're looking for a job, this course truly helps you find one. If you're willing to relocate, there's a very high chance you'll find a job shortly after the bootcamp with one of the companies in their network. I didn't want to do that, but they still helped me a lot. They provide one-on-one sessions with a career advisor, resume reviews, help with writing cover letters, etc. I want to mention Robin Pajot in particular, who has done bi-weekly 30-minute sessions with me for over 3 months. She's was absolutely fabulous and really helped me getting more confident and more competitive. She went above and beyond to help me with my career.

I highly recommend this course to anyone who's interested in getting skills in data analytics and programming and/or who's looking to find a job in data science or other industries.
    Thursday, Sep 03 2020
    Thank you for your sharing your boot camp experience, Remco! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and benefited from the support of our career services. We also have to agree that Robin is fantastic.

Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program, one that will require extensive hours both inside and outside of the classroom. But if you take advantage of all the available resources and put in the work, you can definitely stay ahead and succeed. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your future endeavors!
  • Monica  User Photo
    Monica • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have spent the last 6 months with such a great group of teachers, TAs, Tutors, and Career Services people that have helped me successfully graduate from this Full Stack Web Development program. I have felt supported by my teacher/TAs (Austin, Tom, Brendan) and my tutor (Maria) was absolutely AMAZING. My career services/leadership support has been and continues to be amazing as well (Thank you Robin, and Lisa).

I did not have any coding experience but really wanted to do something different and learn skills that were very in demand. Compared to other bootcamps, this one is a reasonable price point and you get what you pay for (exceptional teachers/support). It was really difficult and frustrating at times but overall I highly recommend this to anyone that wants to learn how to code/ get a job in coding.
    Monday, Aug 31 2020
    Thank you, Monica! We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team—we also have to agree that Austin, Tom, Brendan, Maria, Robin, and Lisa are all pretty amazing. It's great to know you had a positive student experience and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. Congratulations on completing the program and best of luck in all that you do!
    - 8/26/2020
    Jon Christie  User Photo
    Jon Christie • Full-Stack Developer • Student Verified via GitHub
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill was done nothing fill my brain with SO much material, and with a smile and the most patience I've witnessed to this day. But what sets this boot camp apart from others, aside from their straight forward and transparent tuition program (read the fine print when comparing), are the staff running the show. Austin was our beard-devoted, friendly, supportive, and knowledgeable instructor. He ran the show and as a teacher of 8 years myself, I will tell you he with the help of this team, handled not only the expected role of training 30 extremely diversely skilled students, but handled it during the current COVID-19 Pandemic. Yup, all remote. And at first I was concerned because half the reason I took the class was to have people around me and gurus present to help me out and vise versa. But that concern dithered quickly as the team at UNC Boot Camp, though I don't know how, managed to evolve with the times and re-arrange teaching methods and the dynamics of the course to make sure we were going to get what we came for. And they did.

I've mentioned team several times. Austin was joined by two TAs, Brendan Cannell and Tom Erickson. If you end up with these guys in your class, RUN!!!! No, totally kidding. They are exactly what you want as a mentor/TA/teacher. Again, patient and never lacking the knowledge to cover any random questions or weird situations we tended to get ourselves. GREAT GUYS. All three. But there is a girl! Lisa Shemancik, our energetic, free-spirited, pet-loving bright light in the room was there on day one, periodically throughout the 6 months all the to the end, in person, or, well, remotely but ya know. That being said, if we ever needed anything non-coding related, she was amazing at being prompt with her responses and handling whatever situation you brought to her. Lisa is an amazing woman who works hard to make sure the students are taken care of.

Its sad to go after being so closely connected with this group for 6-months, but we all developed strong relationships that have already starting turning into business partners, but with a doubt, the experience brings with it many perks you may not think of... such as this. The huge and closely bonded network you leave with. I can't say enough about how impressive and satisfied I was with my experience as a student at the UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camp, so if you are thinking about it, take my word for it and utilize the incredible program offered, at least for now, remotely! And don't forget all the resources you will walk away with. Every week we were supplied with interview prep questions, the most useful links to help us with that material, 10 hrs of in person class time, which... wait for it... was all recorded and available forever to students forever. So anytime you need to review something for a current project or job, you have the videos in your pocket on your phone, tablet, anywhere online. So yeah... TWO THUMBS UP, 5 STARS, BULLSEYE, HOLE IN ONE, what else? You get it, this was an unforgettable experience that has prepared me for the rest of the life as a full-stack web developer.
    Monday, Aug 31 2020
    Way to go, Jon! Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're thrilled this resonated with you. We couldn't agree more that Austin, Brendan, Tom, and Lisa all go above and beyond to help each individual have a seamless boot camp journey.

Your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the online format.

We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment, so we're glad you were able to form such tight knit relationships with others in your cohort. Congratulations on graduating, we commend all your hard work and dedication these past few months! We're rooting you on in all that you do and wish you the best in your future coding endeavors.
  • Eddie Saunders  User Photo
    Eddie Saunders • Student Verified via GitHub
    As a course such as this has multiple aspects to review, I've broken it down into sections.

Instruction and Student Support Staff.
    Everyone involved in this course were easy to work with, and gave sound feedback. The instruction team were clear and concise. While I can't answer for other students when I asked a question I was generally guided in the right direction for an answer rather than be given the immediate solution. I found this helped me understand the solution I was looking for. One of the biggest hurdles was the move from in class to remote study, but everything worked out well, and transitioned with few problems.

Make no mistake, this course is not a walk in the park, it's fast paced, with barely enough time to catch your breath at times before moving onto the next subject. You will need to put in extra hours and work, but the results are worth it. Remember there is a great team to help in the tougher times, they're available before and after class.
    What I would've liked to have seen is a little more time on newer technology such as react (react was still 3+ weeks), I think reducing the time on older technology even by one session each would have made the react sections far easier to work through with the additional time available, hence the 4 points for that. However the older technology is still widely used in many companies.
    Projects were fun. The educational value and teamwork experience gained from doing them was priceless, and really helped solidify what you've learned up to that point, you also make some good friends along the way.
    Although they don't seem mandatory, the moment you sign up go in and do the pre-work. While it may not seem critical, it helps gel into the start of the course.

Career Services
    There are plenty of optional webinars and career services tasks throughout the course. My contact with career services was excellent. You'll get a few invites to webinars, and have the option to chat with a career coach.

Overall
    Great bootcamp, I had fun learning a new skill set. I'd strongly recommend doing some up front study which will help cut the learning curve in many areas. The curicullum is strong, the instructional team are

Wednesday, Aug 05 2020
    Amazing, Eddie! We're happy to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Like you mentioned, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're thrilled to know this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from our online format.

Great advice for prospective students — completing the pre-work and dedicating extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom will help you stay ahead. Although it may seem challenging at first, all your hard work definitely pays off.

Congratulations on completing the program and thank you for your review! We're confident you will go on to do amazing things with your newfound skillset and wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Asad Rauf  User Photo
    Asad Rauf • Solution Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was a challenging bootcamp but i completed successfully and now I am on my path to a new career as a Solution Developer.

The UNC coding bootcamp has excellent Instructor and Teacher Assistants along with Student  Success Manager and Career Director.  I learned from them how to do a career transformation easy for me. I will recommend this Bootcamp to everyone who is passion about moving up in the current company they work for or if they want to be a coder and want to make transition in their career
    Friday, Jul 24 2020
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Asad! We're thrilled you found our entire team to be instrumental and beneficial along your learning journey. Congratulations on successfully graduating and landing an exciting new role! We truly appreciate your recommendation and wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Armon Kahil Roberts  User Photo
    Armon Kahil Roberts • Student Verified via GitHub

I picked this course out of a number of other local schools in my area. I almost chose a different school, but I ulitmately chose this course over others because the financial options offered fit me better. Other schools forced me to take out loans and I didn't want to graduate with debt.

I must admit, I was skeptical at first. But overtime I began to see the true value of this course; the environment it produces for thier respective students. Every class was lectured by an industry professional, along 3 or 4 other industry professionals as TAs,  in a classroom environment. Those two factors are easily overlooked. Everyday, I had acces to a team of industry professionals who were dealing with the latest industry trends. Thats invaluable.

The curriculum and pace are well planned for the working professional. Not once through the course did I think that it was too much to handle. I had access to weekly tutoring seesions, along with TA support through Slack when not in class. If anybody used that alot in this course, it was me.  By no means, is this class easy. However, they go the extra mile to ensure that the material is understood. Also, if by chance, if there's something missed during the lecture, they're recorded and easily made accesible after class.

I am so thankful for taking this course. They go above and beyond to set thier students up for success. Thier Career Services dept is pretty thorough. Throughout the entirety of this course, we were given career milestones to help make us Employer Ready, the Employer Competitive by the time the coures was over.

So, if there's anyone out there, who's on the fence about this. Take the chance and the is school you should pick. I would take over if I could. I loved every part of it.

Monday, Feb 03 2020
    Thank you for your review, Armon! We strive to form a collaborative and encouraging environment for all our students, so we're glad this truly resonated with you. It's great to hear you felt supported by our entire instructional team and found them to be invaluable resources.

Great insight for prospective candidates—taking advantage of weekly tutoring sessions and TA support will help reinforce the material covered. Congratulations on successfully completing the course! We're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors.
  • Wesley Hatley  User Photo
    Wesley Hatley • Senior Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I spent many years internally debating career change, and reading reviews on this course, and other coding courses before enrolling in the Full-Stack Flex program at UNC. Before the course I was firmly nested in a high paying, albeit stressful, senior management role with a company that I was hesitant to depart. One day the reality of how miserable I was hit me like a truck, I decided it was time for change and I made that leap of faith and enrolled in the course.

I have a lot of confidence in my abilities to learn and adapt, it's probably even a bit of arrogance. I didn't give the prework my undivided attention, only dabbling in my free time, and didn't practice outside of class for the first couple of weeks. I initially completely disregarded all thoroughly documented and forwarded recommendations to do all the prework and practice outside of class beyond homework. This was a colossally huge mistake on my part. The pace of the course feels very quick at the beginning, and I soon found myself utterly overwhelemed, confused and categorically not understanding core concepts. I found myself debating dropping the course around week 3 or 4 and returning to my miserable role at my former company.

I am so happy and fortunate to say my instructor, and the program administrator managed to talk me out of this decision. With their encouragement I strengthened my resolve, found my determination, made the commitment, and gave the course work my undivided attention; ensuring I practiced at minimum 20+ hours each week outside of class on the topics discussed in class.

At some point, around week 9 or 10, things uniformly just clicked for me at which point I found my desire for additional learning completely insatiable. I quickly became very far ahead of the curriculum in conceptual understanding, and even began tackling subjects, frameworks and libraries not even a part of the course curriculum. I couldn't learn enough.

I now knew with certainty I wanted to work in this field. I couldn't even envision myself doing anything else workwise any longer. I began actively interviewing and doing technical screenings very early in the course, approximately midway through, and had respectable, start ASAP, job offers available to me two-thirds of the way through the course. Near the end point of the course, past the end point of new material from the curriculum, I received an offer for a Senior Software Development role with a major technology company in RTP. I couldn't refuse, and couldn't believe I was exiting the course with a six figure position - considering six months before the simplest "Hello World" was beyond me, and five months before I was a hair away of dropping.

Pursuing this course is unquestionably the decision I've ever made in my life, and is also the best investment I've ever made in myself. If you have a desire to work in this field, or want a career change, it is worth every penny and every second of the time commitment - but do understand and learn from my early mistake it is a time commitment. Do the prework. Practice outside of class.

I can't testify to the Job Assistance portion of the program, as I didn't utilize it any respect. I'm a master of professional social media, presence and professional document preparation, so I knew I wouldn't need the assistance. Feedback from peers though leads me to believe this portion of the program leaves much to be desired.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Thanks so much, Wesley! We're honored you chose our program to make a significant career change. It's great to hear you remained committed to your studies and felt supported by our entire boot camp team to continue forward.

Like you mentioned, dedicating extensive time both in and outside of the classroom is incredibly important in order to get the most out of the program. We're thrilled you became passionate about learning and developing your web development skills, ultimately leading you to an exciting new role. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Incredible Program
    - 5/28/2019
    Julie Ragsdale  User Photo
    Julie Ragsdale • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This was a truly invaluable experience for me. After two years of searching for a job in my field with no offers, I decided to register for this boot camp. I had been entertaining the idea of getting into software or web development for several months, but I had never mentioned it to anyone. I felt almost guilty for abandoning an industry that I had never even broken into. I'm unbelievably happy and grateful that I took the plunge with this program! After six rigorous months, I feel as if I've finally found my calling as a web developer. I cannot think of a more perfect field to flex both my creative and technical muscles.

I had an amazing instructor and wonderful TAs. They provided a wealth of knowledge. For the duration of the program, they never failed to encourage us and motivate us. Many of the TAs are former boot campers, so they especially understand how challenging this program can be.

After finishing this boot camp, I feel confident in my skills and ability to continue learning. I also feel like I have a competitive edge over many people who have received degrees in computer science, as I learned an abdundance of practical skills that employers are looking for. Many of my friends who are successful software engineers have expressed how impressed they are with the curriculum time and time again.

If you're on the fence about this boot camp, I would urge you to go for it!

Wednesday, May 29 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Julie! We're thrilled you've found your calling as a web developer and found the course to be invaluable. It's great to know our instructional team continually assisted you in your studies, providing both academic and motivational support. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success as you begin this new career path!