unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing and technology project management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (76) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Node.js, Git, MongoDB, React.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Agile, Scrum
    LocationRaleigh
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.
    Payment plans available

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)
  • Jeff Peterson  User Photo
    Jeff Peterson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I signed up for the bootcamp after reviewing several other options. My goal in the bootcamp was to enhance my data analytics skills and combine this with my extensive HR career. Overall the course was extremely challenging and with the amount of material that is covered in 24 weeks, it can be daunting. With that speed, the course isn't going to go deep with some of the more advanced material, but the core material like Python is well covered. One thing I liked about the course was how it builds upon the previous weeks. I found most of the homework helpful to learn and apply some of the concepts (VBA, data manipulation and visualizations) in my day job so that was a huge plus. Be prepared to spend 10-20 hours outside of class on homework and the projects in order to finish them, this course reminded me a lot of grad school in that regard. Overall the instructors were extremely knowledgable and willing to help. One area I had challenges with is career services. As someone who is not starting a brand new career, but looking to blend my current career with data, career services tended to give advice more suited to someone who is looking to ignore their current experience and force you to focus on "being someone new." Just my observation, but I am continuing to work with them in becoming their version of "employer-ready".
    Friday, Nov 19 2021
    Amazing, Jeff! Like you noted, this is a rigorous and fast-paced program that covers a wide range of knowledge in a limited amount of time. Each of our sessions is designed to build upon the last and you will have to dedicate extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom in order to truly master the material. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the homework and found our instructional team to be supportive. We're always working to optimize our boot camp offerings, so we appreciate your feedback regarding career services. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Mallory Zuech  User Photo
    Mallory Zuech • Marketing Assistant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The digital marketing boot camp was a great experience. It involves a great deal of time commitment but with the curriculum, it should be for 18 weeks! In the end, I have learned so much and will be much more valuable in the digital marketing world. The instructor/TA's are committed to help guide you through difficulties and even make time outside of class to respond to questions/concerns. I have 2 little boys and life is busy but I managed to make it happen! You can too!
    Thursday, Oct 21 2021
    Thanks, Mallory! It's great to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and learned a wide range of different technologies. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and best of luck in all that you do!
  • Graduate
    - 9/13/2021
    Kenneth Ferguson  User Photo
    Kenneth Ferguson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The UNC Chapel Hill boot camp was a great and challenging experience. I would absolutely recommend this boot camp to someone who would like to get started in software development. Although the pace is up tempo and the material takes time to grasp, they proivde you with a wealth of resources that will assist with your learning. From the instructors, admins, and career services this is a top notch program and strongly would recommend it
    Friday, Sep 17 2021
    Thank you, Kenneth! We're happy you felt supported by our entire boot camp team. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program but by taking advantage of all the available resources you can succeed. Congratulations on completing the course and all the best moving forward!
  • Santiago Palacios  User Photo
    Santiago Palacios • Sales Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I have to start by saying that this program exceeded any expectations I had. Initially, I had my reservations before starting because there are many programs out there that promote similar skills but don't deliver. At UNC-Bootcamp, I learned things I wanted to learn and then I learned more technologies that I've heard about, but never ventured to work with. The instructors are AMAZING!! They are knowledgeable and it is amazing how much their skills, knowledge and experience helped me understand things that I have struggled for a while trying learn them by myself. The curriculum is well thought and it is design to make you successful and competitive in the real world. I most certainly be forever grateful with the people and the technology I learned.
    Friday, Sep 17 2021
    Way to go, Santiago! It's great to hear the program exceeded your expectations. We're thrilled you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! We're confident you'll go on to achieve great things with your newfound skillset.
  • Coding Bootcamp
    - 9/13/2021
    William Crews  User Photo
    William Crews • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    This class is SOLID!!!  Noah King is an amazing instructor and spent a lot of time with each student to make sure we knew what was happening.  We also were super fortunate to have Alyssa Sander and Tom Erickson as our TAs.  Both were quick to respond and offered literally perfect support!  My SSA Lisa Shemancik was ALWAYS timely with what needed to be done and supporting us through graduation.  I HIGHLY suggest this course and hope you are as fortunate as I was with this all star staff!
    Friday, Sep 17 2021
    Amazing, William! It's great to hear you felt encouraged and supported by our entire boot camp team — we couldn't agree more that Noah, Alyssa, Tom, and Lisa are pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Elise  User Photo
    Elise • Veterinary Assistant • Student Verified via GitHub
    I graduated with a BS in animal sciences in 2016. After my graduation, I worked for a few years in food service and restaurant management before I was finally able to secure a job as a veterinary assistant. I’ve always loved animals and animal husbandry, and I really believed pursuing a veterinary career was for me. In reality, while I still love veterinary science, I’ve come to find veterinary jobs do not afford much opportunity for creativity or continued learning.

While struggling under the realization that my dream job was maybe not really so dreamy, I found myself devoting more time to my long-time hobby, video game modding. As a few of my mods became popular within small internet communities, I found myself spending more and more time teaching myself game-specific coding languages and collaborating with other modders-- and eventually I had to ask myself, why am I only doing this as a hobby?

I applied to the UNC Coding Boot Camp because I knew of past students (friends of friends) who had gone through the program and really thrived with it. The things that really attracted me to this particular boot camp were a) its affiliation with a major university in my area, b) the variety of financial plans available to make the program affordable, and c) its emphasis on teaching students to “learn to learn” and career assistance.

I am at the halfway point of the UNC Boot Camp program and I am really enjoying it. The Boot Camp is the first academic program whose pace has felt appropriate for how I learn. I am not trying to brag: I struggled in high school and my undergraduate program with paying attention in many lectures because of repetitive review lessons, which meant I sometimes missed new material.

The session I am enrolled in currently is virtual, which I really prefer since I am still working full-time as a veterinary assistant. Despite classes being held online, I feel like the instructional staff has done a great job in encouraging a friendly learning environment. The class has a Slack channel and students readily share resources and homework help there. I feel like I know some of my classmates in the Boot Camp better than I did classmates in my 4-year, in-person undergraduate program.

Unfortunately at this point I cannot offer a review of the career services aspect of the Boot Camp. I have had a number of personal challenges during the course (health issues and an unplanned move due to septic failure), and my student success manager has told me to focus on the program’s academics for the time being. My SSM and instructional staff have been really understanding and supportive! That said, getting to this point in the program has required a huge (but I feel worthwhile) investment of time and work on my part. Depending on the week, homework assignments alone have taken me 10-30 hours, in addition to the 10 standing lecture hours. I am really proud of the homework I’ve submitted and will likely use some of them in a future portfolio, but it was really an adjustment for me to make sure I was setting enough time aside each week to work on the homework.

I am looking forward to the remainder of the program and hope this review is helpful to others!
    Tuesday, Apr 27 2021
    Incredible, Elise! Thank you for choosing our program to pursue your interest in web development. We understand it can be challenging to balance your personal commitments with your boot camp studies, so it's great to hear you're benefiting from the online format.

Like you mentioned, we strive to foster a collaborative and positive environment, both in-person and online—we're glad you've resonated with this and are making close connections with your classmates. This course does require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, so we commend all the hard work you've dedicated thus far even in the midst of unforeseen obstacles.

We look forward to helping you successfully complete the program and can't wait to see what you will achieve as you continue tapping into new opportunities. Good luck and happy studying!
  • Data Analytics
    - 2/25/2021
    Chahnaz Kbaisi  User Photo
    Chahnaz Kbaisi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The UNC data analytics bootcamp was really challenging and required a lot of hard work and diligence. Yet, the experience was positive and worthwhile because the instructor and teaching assistants were dedicated to us learning the concepts, solving the challenges we encountered and applying the knowledge we gained in a meaningful manner. In addition, the bootcamp administrators continuously provided us with the resources we needed to continue building on the material that was presented to us at a fast pace. Overall, it was a great experience and I feel well-equipped for my next career steps.
    Friday, Feb 26 2021
    We appreciate your review, Chahnaz! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your boot camp experience and felt supported by our entire team. Like you noted, this program is challenging and requires hard work but if you're willing to put in the effort you will find the entire journey to be worthwhile. Congratulations on graduating, we're confident you'll go on to do great things with your new skillset!
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 2/24/2021
    Christopher Derteano  User Photo
    Christopher Derteano • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was great BootCamp, if you are so lucky to get Noah King, you will have a wonderful experience knowing that there will always be an instructor willing to help you through the whole course at anytime. The course will be challenging at time but i advice you to stick with it, because the end result will be worth it.
    Wednesday, Feb 24 2021
    Thanks, Christopher! As you mentioned, this is a rigorous program but if you're willing to put in the hard work and dedication, the end results are definitely worth it. Our entire team strives to enable student success, so we're glad you benefited from their support and couldn't agree more that Noah is pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors!
  • Reed  User Photo
    Reed • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It's a six-month program that takes 10 hours of in-class time and 20-40+ hours outside of class. You do not need to know anything about programming to succeed in this bootcmap. I was skeptical about this before enrolling. I can now say this is true after finishing the program. Putting in the hours and being determined to finish every homework/project is all you need. However, the more you know before the further you can push yourself during the program. The instructors, teaching assistants, tutors, career services staff, and administrative staff are supportive throughout. They went the extra mile to help you succeed even if your project went outside the normal scope of the program. I have been teaching in higher education for over a decade and this program has my full endorsement in terms of pedagogical practices, curriculum, and the dedication of the teaching staff.
    Wednesday, Feb 24 2021
    Incredible, Reed! Like you noted, our course is designed for a range of learners, from those with experience to novice beginners, and we couldn't agree more that if you are willing to put in the hard work, you will find the learning experience to be extremely rewarding.

We're thrilled to hear you found our entire boot camp team to be supportive and helpful throughout your learning journey. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • David Jackson  User Photo
    David Jackson • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Disclaimer: I graduated right as the pandemic hit.

The bootcamp is about as hard as you make it for yourself. In a class of 28, about 3 people dropped out and maybe 1 or 2 people failed. Even though the projects were really hard to get an A on, getting a passing C- was, in my opinion, too easy. Everyone who passes the course is going to have big gaps in their knowledge, but this is the kind of job where you have to keep learning anyway. They can't possibly teach you everything for every job.

Some of the material taught is more useful than others. While I thought the machine learning stuff was super cool, I've never heard of anyone that has gotten a job in Machine Learning with just a data analytics certificate. By the time I graduated, I had forgotten a lot of SQL and VBA but that's what I spend all my time on at work! Also, I didn't take the, "visualization" part of the course very seriously since I only cared about getting the right numbers but making the data look nice is actually super important.

The job assistance afterwards was great, but again, you have to put in the work because they aren't applying to jobs for you. My career counselor alone was probably worth a huge chunk of $11,000 I paid for the course. I know a few people that passed the course, but almost a year and a half later don't have data analytics jobs and I can tell just by looking at their Linkedin profiles and Githubs that they haven't been listening to their career counselors.

I got an entry level job as a Data Analyst and while it doesn't pay nearly as well as I hoped, I'm a career switcher and this is the kind of job I was looking for. I'm glad to have a steady, work from home job during the pandemic. I don't know what percent of people that passed the class are actual Data Analysts now but it definitely took me around 6 months to get my job, so don't quit your dayjob.

If you have no programming experience, haven't been to school for many years, and struggle even with basic algebra, I highly recommend you brush up for free on Khan Academy first.
    Thursday, Jan 07 2021
    Thank you, David! We appreciate you choosing our program for an accelerated environment in which to learn new data analytics skills.

We understand you would have liked to spend more time focusing on previously covered technologies like SQL and VBA. We are constantly working on optimizing our curriculum to ensure students are learning the most valuable technologies, so we truly appreciate you sharing this feedback.

Like you noted, our professional development services are built on the principle of empowerment. We know job seeking can be difficult—as such we're thrilled to hear you benefited from the ongoing help of our career services team.

Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and on landing an exciting new role! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Remco  User Photo
    Remco • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After a lot of research and comparing different programs, I enrolled in the Data Analytics Bootcamp at UNC. It was an amazing experience and I can't believe how much I learned in such a short period of time. For anyone who is thinking about taking this course: it's not going to be easy. It's extremely fast-paced and 10 hours of class + weekly homework assignments require you to spend at least 15 hours per week on it, but there were weeks I spent 25-30 hours on some very challenging assignments. That being said, I've done it all in addition to a full-time job and it all worked out.

The other thing that is absolutely great about this course is Career Services. If you're looking for a job, this course truly helps you find one. If you're willing to relocate, there's a very high chance you'll find a job shortly after the bootcamp with one of the companies in their network. I didn't want to do that, but they still helped me a lot. They provide one-on-one sessions with a career advisor, resume reviews, help with writing cover letters, etc. I want to mention Robin Pajot in particular, who has done bi-weekly 30-minute sessions with me for over 3 months. She's was absolutely fabulous and really helped me getting more confident and more competitive. She went above and beyond to help me with my career.

I highly recommend this course to anyone who's interested in getting skills in data analytics and programming and/or who's looking to find a job in data science or other industries.
    Thursday, Sep 03 2020
    Thank you for your sharing your boot camp experience, Remco! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and benefited from the support of our career services. We also have to agree that Robin is fantastic.

Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program, one that will require extensive hours both inside and outside of the classroom. But if you take advantage of all the available resources and put in the work, you can definitely stay ahead and succeed. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your future endeavors!
  • Monica  User Photo
    Monica • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have spent the last 6 months with such a great group of teachers, TAs, Tutors, and Career Services people that have helped me successfully graduate from this Full Stack Web Development program. I have felt supported by my teacher/TAs (Austin, Tom, Brendan) and my tutor (Maria) was absolutely AMAZING. My career services/leadership support has been and continues to be amazing as well (Thank you Robin, and Lisa).

I did not have any coding experience but really wanted to do something different and learn skills that were very in demand. Compared to other bootcamps, this one is a reasonable price point and you get what you pay for (exceptional teachers/support). It was really difficult and frustrating at times but overall I highly recommend this to anyone that wants to learn how to code/ get a job in coding.
    Monday, Aug 31 2020
    Thank you, Monica! We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team—we also have to agree that Austin, Tom, Brendan, Maria, Robin, and Lisa are all pretty amazing. It's great to know you had a positive student experience and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. Congratulations on completing the program and best of luck in all that you do!