unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing and technology project management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (73) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Node.js, Git, MongoDB, React.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Scrum, Agile
    LocationRaleigh
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.
    Payment plans available

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)
  • Graduate
    - 9/13/2021
    Kenneth Ferguson  User Photo
    Kenneth Ferguson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The UNC Chapel Hill boot camp was a great and challenging experience. I would absolutely recommend this boot camp to someone who would like to get started in software development. Although the pace is up tempo and the material takes time to grasp, they proivde you with a wealth of resources that will assist with your learning. From the instructors, admins, and career services this is a top notch program and strongly would recommend it
    Friday, Sep 17 2021
    Thank you, Kenneth! We're happy you felt supported by our entire boot camp team. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program but by taking advantage of all the available resources you can succeed. Congratulations on completing the course and all the best moving forward!
  • Santiago Palacios  User Photo
    Santiago Palacios • Sales Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I have to start by saying that this program exceeded any expectations I had. Initially, I had my reservations before starting because there are many programs out there that promote similar skills but don't deliver. At UNC-Bootcamp, I learned things I wanted to learn and then I learned more technologies that I've heard about, but never ventured to work with. The instructors are AMAZING!! They are knowledgeable and it is amazing how much their skills, knowledge and experience helped me understand things that I have struggled for a while trying learn them by myself. The curriculum is well thought and it is design to make you successful and competitive in the real world. I most certainly be forever grateful with the people and the technology I learned.
    Friday, Sep 17 2021
    Way to go, Santiago! It's great to hear the program exceeded your expectations. We're thrilled you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! We're confident you'll go on to achieve great things with your newfound skillset.
  • Coding Bootcamp
    - 9/13/2021
    William Crews  User Photo
    William Crews • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    This class is SOLID!!!  Noah King is an amazing instructor and spent a lot of time with each student to make sure we knew what was happening.  We also were super fortunate to have Alyssa Sander and Tom Erickson as our TAs.  Both were quick to respond and offered literally perfect support!  My SSA Lisa Shemancik was ALWAYS timely with what needed to be done and supporting us through graduation.  I HIGHLY suggest this course and hope you are as fortunate as I was with this all star staff!
    Friday, Sep 17 2021
    Amazing, William! It's great to hear you felt encouraged and supported by our entire boot camp team — we couldn't agree more that Noah, Alyssa, Tom, and Lisa are pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Elise  User Photo
    Elise • Veterinary Assistant • Student Verified via GitHub
    I graduated with a BS in animal sciences in 2016. After my graduation, I worked for a few years in food service and restaurant management before I was finally able to secure a job as a veterinary assistant. I’ve always loved animals and animal husbandry, and I really believed pursuing a veterinary career was for me. In reality, while I still love veterinary science, I’ve come to find veterinary jobs do not afford much opportunity for creativity or continued learning.

While struggling under the realization that my dream job was maybe not really so dreamy, I found myself devoting more time to my long-time hobby, video game modding. As a few of my mods became popular within small internet communities, I found myself spending more and more time teaching myself game-specific coding languages and collaborating with other modders-- and eventually I had to ask myself, why am I only doing this as a hobby?

I applied to the UNC Coding Boot Camp because I knew of past students (friends of friends) who had gone through the program and really thrived with it. The things that really attracted me to this particular boot camp were a) its affiliation with a major university in my area, b) the variety of financial plans available to make the program affordable, and c) its emphasis on teaching students to “learn to learn” and career assistance.

I am at the halfway point of the UNC Boot Camp program and I am really enjoying it. The Boot Camp is the first academic program whose pace has felt appropriate for how I learn. I am not trying to brag: I struggled in high school and my undergraduate program with paying attention in many lectures because of repetitive review lessons, which meant I sometimes missed new material.

The session I am enrolled in currently is virtual, which I really prefer since I am still working full-time as a veterinary assistant. Despite classes being held online, I feel like the instructional staff has done a great job in encouraging a friendly learning environment. The class has a Slack channel and students readily share resources and homework help there. I feel like I know some of my classmates in the Boot Camp better than I did classmates in my 4-year, in-person undergraduate program.

Unfortunately at this point I cannot offer a review of the career services aspect of the Boot Camp. I have had a number of personal challenges during the course (health issues and an unplanned move due to septic failure), and my student success manager has told me to focus on the program’s academics for the time being. My SSM and instructional staff have been really understanding and supportive! That said, getting to this point in the program has required a huge (but I feel worthwhile) investment of time and work on my part. Depending on the week, homework assignments alone have taken me 10-30 hours, in addition to the 10 standing lecture hours. I am really proud of the homework I’ve submitted and will likely use some of them in a future portfolio, but it was really an adjustment for me to make sure I was setting enough time aside each week to work on the homework.

I am looking forward to the remainder of the program and hope this review is helpful to others!
    Tuesday, Apr 27 2021
    Incredible, Elise! Thank you for choosing our program to pursue your interest in web development. We understand it can be challenging to balance your personal commitments with your boot camp studies, so it's great to hear you're benefiting from the online format.

Like you mentioned, we strive to foster a collaborative and positive environment, both in-person and online—we're glad you've resonated with this and are making close connections with your classmates. This course does require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, so we commend all the hard work you've dedicated thus far even in the midst of unforeseen obstacles.

We look forward to helping you successfully complete the program and can't wait to see what you will achieve as you continue tapping into new opportunities. Good luck and happy studying!
  • Data Analytics
    - 2/25/2021
    Chahnaz Kbaisi  User Photo
    Chahnaz Kbaisi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The UNC data analytics bootcamp was really challenging and required a lot of hard work and diligence. Yet, the experience was positive and worthwhile because the instructor and teaching assistants were dedicated to us learning the concepts, solving the challenges we encountered and applying the knowledge we gained in a meaningful manner. In addition, the bootcamp administrators continuously provided us with the resources we needed to continue building on the material that was presented to us at a fast pace. Overall, it was a great experience and I feel well-equipped for my next career steps.
    Friday, Feb 26 2021
    We appreciate your review, Chahnaz! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your boot camp experience and felt supported by our entire team. Like you noted, this program is challenging and requires hard work but if you're willing to put in the effort you will find the entire journey to be worthwhile. Congratulations on graduating, we're confident you'll go on to do great things with your new skillset!
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 2/24/2021
    Christopher Derteano  User Photo
    Christopher Derteano • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was great BootCamp, if you are so lucky to get Noah King, you will have a wonderful experience knowing that there will always be an instructor willing to help you through the whole course at anytime. The course will be challenging at time but i advice you to stick with it, because the end result will be worth it.
    Wednesday, Feb 24 2021
    Thanks, Christopher! As you mentioned, this is a rigorous program but if you're willing to put in the hard work and dedication, the end results are definitely worth it. Our entire team strives to enable student success, so we're glad you benefited from their support and couldn't agree more that Noah is pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors!
  • Reed  User Photo
    Reed • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It's a six-month program that takes 10 hours of in-class time and 20-40+ hours outside of class. You do not need to know anything about programming to succeed in this bootcmap. I was skeptical about this before enrolling. I can now say this is true after finishing the program. Putting in the hours and being determined to finish every homework/project is all you need. However, the more you know before the further you can push yourself during the program. The instructors, teaching assistants, tutors, career services staff, and administrative staff are supportive throughout. They went the extra mile to help you succeed even if your project went outside the normal scope of the program. I have been teaching in higher education for over a decade and this program has my full endorsement in terms of pedagogical practices, curriculum, and the dedication of the teaching staff.
    Wednesday, Feb 24 2021
    Incredible, Reed! Like you noted, our course is designed for a range of learners, from those with experience to novice beginners, and we couldn't agree more that if you are willing to put in the hard work, you will find the learning experience to be extremely rewarding.

We're thrilled to hear you found our entire boot camp team to be supportive and helpful throughout your learning journey. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • David Jackson  User Photo
    David Jackson • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Disclaimer: I graduated right as the pandemic hit.

The bootcamp is about as hard as you make it for yourself. In a class of 28, about 3 people dropped out and maybe 1 or 2 people failed. Even though the projects were really hard to get an A on, getting a passing C- was, in my opinion, too easy. Everyone who passes the course is going to have big gaps in their knowledge, but this is the kind of job where you have to keep learning anyway. They can't possibly teach you everything for every job.

Some of the material taught is more useful than others. While I thought the machine learning stuff was super cool, I've never heard of anyone that has gotten a job in Machine Learning with just a data analytics certificate. By the time I graduated, I had forgotten a lot of SQL and VBA but that's what I spend all my time on at work! Also, I didn't take the, "visualization" part of the course very seriously since I only cared about getting the right numbers but making the data look nice is actually super important.

The job assistance afterwards was great, but again, you have to put in the work because they aren't applying to jobs for you. My career counselor alone was probably worth a huge chunk of $11,000 I paid for the course. I know a few people that passed the course, but almost a year and a half later don't have data analytics jobs and I can tell just by looking at their Linkedin profiles and Githubs that they haven't been listening to their career counselors.

I got an entry level job as a Data Analyst and while it doesn't pay nearly as well as I hoped, I'm a career switcher and this is the kind of job I was looking for. I'm glad to have a steady, work from home job during the pandemic. I don't know what percent of people that passed the class are actual Data Analysts now but it definitely took me around 6 months to get my job, so don't quit your dayjob.

If you have no programming experience, haven't been to school for many years, and struggle even with basic algebra, I highly recommend you brush up for free on Khan Academy first.
    Thursday, Jan 07 2021
    Thank you, David! We appreciate you choosing our program for an accelerated environment in which to learn new data analytics skills.

We understand you would have liked to spend more time focusing on previously covered technologies like SQL and VBA. We are constantly working on optimizing our curriculum to ensure students are learning the most valuable technologies, so we truly appreciate you sharing this feedback.

Like you noted, our professional development services are built on the principle of empowerment. We know job seeking can be difficult—as such we're thrilled to hear you benefited from the ongoing help of our career services team.

Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and on landing an exciting new role! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Remco  User Photo
    Remco • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After a lot of research and comparing different programs, I enrolled in the Data Analytics Bootcamp at UNC. It was an amazing experience and I can't believe how much I learned in such a short period of time. For anyone who is thinking about taking this course: it's not going to be easy. It's extremely fast-paced and 10 hours of class + weekly homework assignments require you to spend at least 15 hours per week on it, but there were weeks I spent 25-30 hours on some very challenging assignments. That being said, I've done it all in addition to a full-time job and it all worked out.

The other thing that is absolutely great about this course is Career Services. If you're looking for a job, this course truly helps you find one. If you're willing to relocate, there's a very high chance you'll find a job shortly after the bootcamp with one of the companies in their network. I didn't want to do that, but they still helped me a lot. They provide one-on-one sessions with a career advisor, resume reviews, help with writing cover letters, etc. I want to mention Robin Pajot in particular, who has done bi-weekly 30-minute sessions with me for over 3 months. She's was absolutely fabulous and really helped me getting more confident and more competitive. She went above and beyond to help me with my career.

I highly recommend this course to anyone who's interested in getting skills in data analytics and programming and/or who's looking to find a job in data science or other industries.
    Thursday, Sep 03 2020
    Thank you for your sharing your boot camp experience, Remco! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and benefited from the support of our career services. We also have to agree that Robin is fantastic.

Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program, one that will require extensive hours both inside and outside of the classroom. But if you take advantage of all the available resources and put in the work, you can definitely stay ahead and succeed. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your future endeavors!
  • Monica  User Photo
    Monica • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have spent the last 6 months with such a great group of teachers, TAs, Tutors, and Career Services people that have helped me successfully graduate from this Full Stack Web Development program. I have felt supported by my teacher/TAs (Austin, Tom, Brendan) and my tutor (Maria) was absolutely AMAZING. My career services/leadership support has been and continues to be amazing as well (Thank you Robin, and Lisa).

I did not have any coding experience but really wanted to do something different and learn skills that were very in demand. Compared to other bootcamps, this one is a reasonable price point and you get what you pay for (exceptional teachers/support). It was really difficult and frustrating at times but overall I highly recommend this to anyone that wants to learn how to code/ get a job in coding.
    Monday, Aug 31 2020
    Thank you, Monica! We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team—we also have to agree that Austin, Tom, Brendan, Maria, Robin, and Lisa are all pretty amazing. It's great to know you had a positive student experience and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. Congratulations on completing the program and best of luck in all that you do!
    - 8/26/2020
    Jon Christie  User Photo
    Jon Christie • Full-Stack Developer • Student Verified via GitHub
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill was done nothing fill my brain with SO much material, and with a smile and the most patience I've witnessed to this day. But what sets this boot camp apart from others, aside from their straight forward and transparent tuition program (read the fine print when comparing), are the staff running the show. Austin was our beard-devoted, friendly, supportive, and knowledgeable instructor. He ran the show and as a teacher of 8 years myself, I will tell you he with the help of this team, handled not only the expected role of training 30 extremely diversely skilled students, but handled it during the current COVID-19 Pandemic. Yup, all remote. And at first I was concerned because half the reason I took the class was to have people around me and gurus present to help me out and vise versa. But that concern dithered quickly as the team at UNC Boot Camp, though I don't know how, managed to evolve with the times and re-arrange teaching methods and the dynamics of the course to make sure we were going to get what we came for. And they did.

I've mentioned team several times. Austin was joined by two TAs, Brendan Cannell and Tom Erickson. If you end up with these guys in your class, RUN!!!! No, totally kidding. They are exactly what you want as a mentor/TA/teacher. Again, patient and never lacking the knowledge to cover any random questions or weird situations we tended to get ourselves. GREAT GUYS. All three. But there is a girl! Lisa Shemancik, our energetic, free-spirited, pet-loving bright light in the room was there on day one, periodically throughout the 6 months all the to the end, in person, or, well, remotely but ya know. That being said, if we ever needed anything non-coding related, she was amazing at being prompt with her responses and handling whatever situation you brought to her. Lisa is an amazing woman who works hard to make sure the students are taken care of.

Its sad to go after being so closely connected with this group for 6-months, but we all developed strong relationships that have already starting turning into business partners, but with a doubt, the experience brings with it many perks you may not think of... such as this. The huge and closely bonded network you leave with. I can't say enough about how impressive and satisfied I was with my experience as a student at the UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camp, so if you are thinking about it, take my word for it and utilize the incredible program offered, at least for now, remotely! And don't forget all the resources you will walk away with. Every week we were supplied with interview prep questions, the most useful links to help us with that material, 10 hrs of in person class time, which... wait for it... was all recorded and available forever to students forever. So anytime you need to review something for a current project or job, you have the videos in your pocket on your phone, tablet, anywhere online. So yeah... TWO THUMBS UP, 5 STARS, BULLSEYE, HOLE IN ONE, what else? You get it, this was an unforgettable experience that has prepared me for the rest of the life as a full-stack web developer.
    Monday, Aug 31 2020
    Way to go, Jon! Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're thrilled this resonated with you. We couldn't agree more that Austin, Brendan, Tom, and Lisa all go above and beyond to help each individual have a seamless boot camp journey.

Your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the online format.

We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment, so we're glad you were able to form such tight knit relationships with others in your cohort. Congratulations on graduating, we commend all your hard work and dedication these past few months! We're rooting you on in all that you do and wish you the best in your future coding endeavors.
  • Eddie Saunders  User Photo
    Eddie Saunders • Student Verified via GitHub
    As a course such as this has multiple aspects to review, I've broken it down into sections.

Instruction and Student Support Staff.
    Everyone involved in this course were easy to work with, and gave sound feedback. The instruction team were clear and concise. While I can't answer for other students when I asked a question I was generally guided in the right direction for an answer rather than be given the immediate solution. I found this helped me understand the solution I was looking for. One of the biggest hurdles was the move from in class to remote study, but everything worked out well, and transitioned with few problems.

Make no mistake, this course is not a walk in the park, it's fast paced, with barely enough time to catch your breath at times before moving onto the next subject. You will need to put in extra hours and work, but the results are worth it. Remember there is a great team to help in the tougher times, they're available before and after class.
    What I would've liked to have seen is a little more time on newer technology such as react (react was still 3+ weeks), I think reducing the time on older technology even by one session each would have made the react sections far easier to work through with the additional time available, hence the 4 points for that. However the older technology is still widely used in many companies.
    Projects were fun. The educational value and teamwork experience gained from doing them was priceless, and really helped solidify what you've learned up to that point, you also make some good friends along the way.
    Although they don't seem mandatory, the moment you sign up go in and do the pre-work. While it may not seem critical, it helps gel into the start of the course.

Career Services
    There are plenty of optional webinars and career services tasks throughout the course. My contact with career services was excellent. You'll get a few invites to webinars, and have the option to chat with a career coach.

Overall
    Great bootcamp, I had fun learning a new skill set. I'd strongly recommend doing some up front study which will help cut the learning curve in many areas. The curicullum is strong, the instructional team are

Wednesday, Aug 05 2020
    Amazing, Eddie! We're happy to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Like you mentioned, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're thrilled to know this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from our online format.

Great advice for prospective students — completing the pre-work and dedicating extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom will help you stay ahead. Although it may seem challenging at first, all your hard work definitely pays off.

Congratulations on completing the program and thank you for your review! We're confident you will go on to do amazing things with your newfound skillset and wish you all the best moving forward.