unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, data analytics, or digital marketing in Chapel Hill/Morrisville or Raleigh, NC. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Git, C#, ASP.Net, and more. The data science curriculum covers a broad array of technologies like programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, API Interactions, MySQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, Machine Learning, and more. The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Keyword Planner, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and Facebook Insights.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching.  Students will also have access to a network of boot camp employer partners. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. Brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (50) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    - This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

HTML, Digital Marketing, Product Management, CSS, SEO
    LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a hands-on approach to learning digital advertising, web analytics and design, content marketing, and more. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Keyword Planner, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and Facebook Insights.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
  • Armon Kahil Roberts  User Photo
    Armon Kahil Roberts • Student Verified via GitHub

I picked this course out of a number of other local schools in my area. I almost chose a different school, but I ulitmately chose this course over others because the financial options offered fit me better. Other schools forced me to take out loans and I didn't want to graduate with debt.

I must admit, I was skeptical at first. But overtime I began to see the true value of this course; the environment it produces for thier respective students. Every class was lectured by an industry professional, along 3 or 4 other industry professionals as TAs,  in a classroom environment. Those two factors are easily overlooked. Everyday, I had acces to a team of industry professionals who were dealing with the latest industry trends. Thats invaluable.

The curriculum and pace are well planned for the working professional. Not once through the course did I think that it was too much to handle. I had access to weekly tutoring seesions, along with TA support through Slack when not in class. If anybody used that alot in this course, it was me.  By no means, is this class easy. However, they go the extra mile to ensure that the material is understood. Also, if by chance, if there's something missed during the lecture, they're recorded and easily made accesible after class.

I am so thankful for taking this course. They go above and beyond to set thier students up for success. Thier Career Services dept is pretty thorough. Throughout the entirety of this course, we were given career milestones to help make us Employer Ready, the Employer Competitive by the time the coures was over.

So, if there's anyone out there, who's on the fence about this. Take the chance and the is school you should pick. I would take over if I could. I loved every part of it.

Monday, Feb 03 2020
    Thank you for your review, Armon! We strive to form a collaborative and encouraging environment for all our students, so we're glad this truly resonated with you. It's great to hear you felt supported by our entire instructional team and found them to be invaluable resources.

Great insight for prospective candidates—taking advantage of weekly tutoring sessions and TA support will help reinforce the material covered. Congratulations on successfully completing the course! We're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors.
  • Wesley Hatley  User Photo
    Wesley Hatley • Senior Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I spent many years internally debating career change, and reading reviews on this course, and other coding courses before enrolling in the Full-Stack Flex program at UNC. Before the course I was firmly nested in a high paying, albeit stressful, senior management role with a company that I was hesitant to depart. One day the reality of how miserable I was hit me like a truck, I decided it was time for change and I made that leap of faith and enrolled in the course.

I have a lot of confidence in my abilities to learn and adapt, it's probably even a bit of arrogance. I didn't give the prework my undivided attention, only dabbling in my free time, and didn't practice outside of class for the first couple of weeks. I initially completely disregarded all thoroughly documented and forwarded recommendations to do all the prework and practice outside of class beyond homework. This was a colossally huge mistake on my part. The pace of the course feels very quick at the beginning, and I soon found myself utterly overwhelemed, confused and categorically not understanding core concepts. I found myself debating dropping the course around week 3 or 4 and returning to my miserable role at my former company.

I am so happy and fortunate to say my instructor, and the program administrator managed to talk me out of this decision. With their encouragement I strengthened my resolve, found my determination, made the commitment, and gave the course work my undivided attention; ensuring I practiced at minimum 20+ hours each week outside of class on the topics discussed in class.

At some point, around week 9 or 10, things uniformly just clicked for me at which point I found my desire for additional learning completely insatiable. I quickly became very far ahead of the curriculum in conceptual understanding, and even began tackling subjects, frameworks and libraries not even a part of the course curriculum. I couldn't learn enough.

I now knew with certainty I wanted to work in this field. I couldn't even envision myself doing anything else workwise any longer. I began actively interviewing and doing technical screenings very early in the course, approximately midway through, and had respectable, start ASAP, job offers available to me two-thirds of the way through the course. Near the end point of the course, past the end point of new material from the curriculum, I received an offer for a Senior Software Development role with a major technology company in RTP. I couldn't refuse, and couldn't believe I was exiting the course with a six figure position - considering six months before the simplest "Hello World" was beyond me, and five months before I was a hair away of dropping.

Pursuing this course is unquestionably the decision I've ever made in my life, and is also the best investment I've ever made in myself. If you have a desire to work in this field, or want a career change, it is worth every penny and every second of the time commitment - but do understand and learn from my early mistake it is a time commitment. Do the prework. Practice outside of class.

I can't testify to the Job Assistance portion of the program, as I didn't utilize it any respect. I'm a master of professional social media, presence and professional document preparation, so I knew I wouldn't need the assistance. Feedback from peers though leads me to believe this portion of the program leaves much to be desired.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Thanks so much, Wesley! We're honored you chose our program to make a significant career change. It's great to hear you remained committed to your studies and felt supported by our entire boot camp team to continue forward.

Like you mentioned, dedicating extensive time both in and outside of the classroom is incredibly important in order to get the most out of the program. We're thrilled you became passionate about learning and developing your web development skills, ultimately leading you to an exciting new role. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Incredible Program
    - 5/28/2019
    Julie Ragsdale  User Photo
    Julie Ragsdale • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This was a truly invaluable experience for me. After two years of searching for a job in my field with no offers, I decided to register for this boot camp. I had been entertaining the idea of getting into software or web development for several months, but I had never mentioned it to anyone. I felt almost guilty for abandoning an industry that I had never even broken into. I'm unbelievably happy and grateful that I took the plunge with this program! After six rigorous months, I feel as if I've finally found my calling as a web developer. I cannot think of a more perfect field to flex both my creative and technical muscles.

I had an amazing instructor and wonderful TAs. They provided a wealth of knowledge. For the duration of the program, they never failed to encourage us and motivate us. Many of the TAs are former boot campers, so they especially understand how challenging this program can be.

After finishing this boot camp, I feel confident in my skills and ability to continue learning. I also feel like I have a competitive edge over many people who have received degrees in computer science, as I learned an abdundance of practical skills that employers are looking for. Many of my friends who are successful software engineers have expressed how impressed they are with the curriculum time and time again.

If you're on the fence about this boot camp, I would urge you to go for it!

Wednesday, May 29 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Julie! We're thrilled you've found your calling as a web developer and found the course to be invaluable. It's great to know our instructional team continually assisted you in your studies, providing both academic and motivational support. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success as you begin this new career path!
  • Jamil Weeks  User Photo
    Jamil Weeks • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had a wonderful experience in the UNC-Chapel Hill Coding Bootcamp. The instructor and TA's were approachable, knowledgeable, and helpful. The course is challenging, but you are surrounded by people that generally want you to succeed. And your peers are there to cheer you on as well. There are a ton of resources you have at your disposal to help you along the journey. I have learned so much in the past six months, and I would definitely do it again knowing what I know now about the program. If you are looking for a career change and want to attain highly sought after skills in the next decade, I highly recommend this program.

Wednesday, May 29 2019
    Way to go, Jamil! It's great to hear you enjoyed your boot camp experience. Our entire team is passionate about helping students succeed, so we're happy this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for recommending our program! All the best as you continue forward.
  • Jacqueline Gwynn  User Photo
    Jacqueline Gwynn • Software Engineer in Test • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The bootcamp was very informative.  The examples and project do a really good job of giving the students a feel for real life in the technical world.  The teacher and TAs are super supportive and help to guide each person.  There is a major time commitment when you take on the developer program.  The subjects move very quickly so if you take a while to catch on you need additional time to practice outside of class.  I wish career services was a little more involved during the process but they are very involved once you complete the course so do not worry they will help with job placement once you have learned everything.  Overall I am very pleased with the amount of subjects I was introduced to look forward to increasing my compentency level with my job.

Wednesday, May 29 2019
    Amazing, Jacqueline! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our instructional team. We appreciate your advice for prospective learners—this course does require an extensive time commitment in and outside of the classroom. Congratulations on completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Conner Leigh  User Photo
    Conner Leigh • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I'm a recent graduate of the UNC Chapel Hill Full Stack Flex program, and it was an amazing experience. I went into this course with virtually zero knowledge, and a head of doubts and worries about the investment. Six months later I couldn't be more satisfied with the curriculum, the staff, the career services, and everything in between.

From the very beginning of the process, everyone involved with the program was very friendly and supportive, even before the first class. It became clear to me quickly that our success was the primary goal of the staff, and that remained true throughout the whole process. I couldn't be more grateful for our TA's Jordan and Mel, our instructor Zach, our Student Success Manager Lisa, who all made the process possible.

The curriculum itself was quite difficult, and at times very frustrating, but the payoff when it all comes together is well worth the struggle. I can't even believe how much knowledge I now have vs. when I started. In retrospect it seems impossible! I was working a job 30+ hours a week during this entire class, and I know some of my fellow graduates were working close to 60! It was difficult to balance the two, but I'm so glad that the option of this part time course was available. A full time class would have seemed near impossible.

In summary, I now have a great foundation in the field of web development, and it has made me very confident going forward into my new career. I would recommend this course to anyone working full time or not, as long as they're willing to put their nose to the grindstone and really give it there all. The return for all of that hard work will surely not disappoint.

Friday, May 03 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Conner! We're thrilled you enjoyed the entire program and found our team to be so supportive. We also agree that Jordan, Mel, Zach, and Lisa are all fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we commend all your hard work! We're rooting you on as you continue on your new career path!
  • Elizabeth Wehner  User Photo
    Elizabeth Wehner • Graduate Verified via GitHub

UNC Chapel Hill's Coding Bootcamp was an excellent learning experience. The instructors were highly knowledgable and the course curriculum was build well, with students learning new things every week and continual building on the week before. By the end of it, we were creating applications of near professional quality.

The Career Services also helps this program stand out from others. After graduating, you will have the option to continue to receive one-on-one guidance and have access to networking events with employers. You'll be working on your resume and interview skills as well and be better prepared for the job hunt.

If there are any issues, it's only that the policy for remote attendence was changed mid-course and made things confusing for a while. Ideally you don't NEED to be remote often (this course specifically requires your attendance in the class room as much as possible) but only having 4 days of remote attendence can make your 5th sick day rather tense. As someone who commuted pretty far to the class, confusion around the policy made things difficult, but the student success manager was willing to work with me and address my needs.

Overall, I enjoyed my time with this course and feel that I stand a better chance of succeeding than I did before.

Monday, Apr 08 2019
    Thank you for sharing your student experience, Elizabeth! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from our entire team's support. Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future endeavors!
  • David Padilla  User Photo
    David Padilla • Student Verified via GitHub

Going into this bootcamp, I had some doubts if it was going to be as good as some of the well known bootcamps like Hack Reactor, Flatiron School, etc. You can be rest assured that is as good as all of them. I was lucky enough to have an amazing instructor and TAs throughhout this class.

I went into this class not knowing anything and I am coming out of this class in 3-4 weeks fully confident that I can get a Jr Developer job anywhere. This confidence did not come without having some ups and downs. This class is fast and slow. It's fast when the syntax is unfamiliar, but slow when it's builiding on a foundation of existing knowledge (that you will learn).

I quit my full time job to pursue the 24-week program and I have absolutely no regrets. I don't think that I could've done this with a full time job in all honestly. Because I had so much time on my hands, I had more time to undertstand everything, learn additional skills from Udemy/TeamTreehouse, and polish every homework assignment I was given.

My biggest advice to newcomers is to really focus on polishing every homework assignment you get. Your HW assignments are the deciding factor of landing your first job, so it's a big deal. You will be a stronger front-end developer than a back-end developer because you start learning front-end development first, so you have about 33% more exposure to it all throughout the bootcamp.

I did not use the career services side of this bootcamp at all because I felt the HW and new concepts each week kept me way too busy to divert any attention away. But I don't feel like I missed out. If you're getting overwhelmed, at least make every attempt to do the very last career milestone HW before you graduate. I thought my portfolio, Github, LinkedIn, and resume were on point until their feedback opened my eyes.

So in closing, this class is for anyone of zero experience wanting to learn how to code. This class will give you a superpower.

Now that I have taken this class, I can honestly say that I could not have done this on my own. I needed the push. The HW deadlines. The clutch of TAs. After having gone through this class, I feel like I can learn any additional new skill on my own.

Good luck!

Thursday, Mar 14 2019
    Way to go, David! We're happy to hear you gained confidence in your newfound web development skills and benefited from the support of our boot camp team. We appreciate your advice for prospective students — dedicating time and effort to homework assignments is a great way to reinforce what you're learning in class. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best as you move forward.
  • Christopher Dixon  User Photo
    Christopher Dixon • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I graduated from the Coding Bootcamp at UNC Chapel-HIll as a part of the November 2018 cohort. Putting aside my own work ethic and willingness to succeed, I was blessed with instructors, Alper and Randy. Each class it could be seen that that each of their passions for software development was only exceeded by their love of teaching it to others. It was with their dedication that I learned how to approach learning new technologies. I believe this is one of the most important aspects of the bootcamp that I like to share with potential new students. Alot will becoming at you, from noSQL/SQL databases to jQuery and React, and you may not understand it at the first go around. That's ok. You'll have ample opportunites through projects to gain deeper insights. However, the consistent theme that is being reinforced is "Are you showing progress to where you can work within a language, a library, a framework that you haven't been exposed to in the bootcamp and succeed for the employer or client that's asking for it to be a part of the end result?"

I can say '100%' that the bootcamp has done this for me. I'm currently continuing to build my skills. In December I became an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and I'm working towards the Developer certification. I'm diving deeply into React, Next.js, and Amazon Aurora (SQL database). All of these skills and opportunites have opened up for me due to the bootcamp. I owe a great many "thank you"s to my awesome TA's Tim, Zach, and Noah as well. I couldn't have done it without them.

For you, the reader, my advice is invest in yourself by enrolling in the bootcamp and having a singular focus. It is tough, but most things that are rewarding are.

Peace.

Friday, Feb 15 2019
    Amazing, Christopher! Our entire team is truly passionate about what they do, so we're thrilled this resonated with you — we also think Alper, Randy, Tim, Zach, and Noah are incredible. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Leo Daniel  User Photo
    Leo Daniel • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This program is rigorous! The first week covers fundamentals of HTML & CSS and the following week requires you to apply and incorporate them in the foundations of a personal portfolio. Frameworks and languages change frequently, often per homework assignment. Assignments are cumulative, so expect to continuously apply what you’ve learned from to week to week. . The pace of the curriculum steadily increases, and will challenge you both physically and mentally.

However, there is an immense amount of support available not only from the instructor and TAs, but the Student Success Coach and the Career Service Counselor. The instructional support team welcomes questions and feedback, and will walkthrough the material at your request. The team strives to be available in-person before and after classes, and via Slack.

By the end of the course, you will have had the opportunity to build your portfolio, making it responsive and mobile-ready with Bootstrap; demonstrating JavaScript and jQuery interactivity; utilizing database architecture with both structured SQL and non-relational noSQL types, like Mongo, and eventually incorporating cutting-edge frameworks like React. Instructors will help you ensure your portfolio demonstrates the breadth of knowledge gained from this course as well as incorporate your own style.

How much you want to learn and apply is entirely up to you. You can do the basics or you can push yourself by taking advantage of tutorials and choosing the more challenging homeworks over the basic requirements. Creativity and teamwork play important roles in this course.  While homework assignments are independent, you’re encouraged to discuss concepts with your classmates. Unlike homeworks, projects are completed as a team--consisting of 3-5 classmates. With that being said, teamwork also requires a great deal of scheduling and time management. With the challenges this course presents, it’s best to take initiative and ask for help early from the instructors or your classmates.  Overall, this course is super challenging, but super worth it. After this course, you’ll come away with a ton of new knowledge and skills and a portfolio that shows it. If you’re lucky, maybe you’ll make a few friends along the way.

Ultimately with this course you can develop your proficiency and growth, and cultivate a team-oriented mindset as well.

Challenging yourself is the key with this bootcamp. I wholeheartedly recommend this course to all skill levels from novice to intermediate, or anyone looking to build a full-stack web application from scratch for your portfolio.

Wednesday, Feb 06 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Leo! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and felt supported by our entire instructional team. Like you mentioned, how much you want to learn and apply is ultimately up to the individual, but if you put in the hard work it's well worth it. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all that you do!
  • Torre Matthew  User Photo
    Torre Matthew • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I couldn't be happier to have gone through this program. It was grueling but I had so much fun that the intensity hardly mattered at all.

To go from only the most basic html and css knowledge to building complex full stack applications with polished UIs, easy to consume API endpoints, fully functional databases, etc in less than six months is something I hardly believed I'd be able to do. However, the teaching staff and curriculum of this program got me there.

I'd recommend this program to anyone serious about learning to write software. I'd also recommend it to anyone willing to work as hard as they've probably ever worked in the span of 6 months to learn really cool technology.

The program was one of the best investments I've ever made in myself. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the people who went through it with me and the teaching/support staff that got me through it.

Saturday, Feb 02 2019
    Thank you so much, Torre! We're happy to hear you had such a fantastic student experience and found our entire team to be supportive and encouraging. Congratulations on graduating, we commend all of your hard work! We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
  • Field  User Photo
    Field • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I applied to the Coding Boot Camp at UNC after about two years of deliberating whether this was the path for me and researching various programs around the country. My introduction to programming came in 2013, when I took CompSci 101 during my senior year of college. Between then and starting this program, I had done zero actual programming. This course helped take my coding skills from zero to highly competent and fully capable in a matter of months.

The in-person instruction, the extended timeframe, the namebrand recognition, and the varied curriculum attracted me to this program, and I was not disappointed. I couldn't recommend it any more highly to someone considering a full-stack web development boot camp.

In my opinion, the most significant takeaway is a broad and strong foundation in several technologies, which has been established by your instructors and your newfound ability to self-teach complex topics and tackle new challenges through a programmatic lense.

After completing this camp, I feel like I can take myself from total noob to capable coder in whatever technology I need to accomplish an objective. On top of that, I've got a sizable portfolio of work and a hunger to build all kinds of cool things with code.

Big thanks to everyone involved in my cohort's admininstration!

Wednesday, Jan 30 2019
    Amazing, Field! We're thrilled our program successfully helped you learn the fundamentals for full-stack web development. It's great to know you truly benefited from our in-person instruction and curriculum. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course! We wish you all the success in your future coding endeavors.