unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Chapel Hill, Raleigh

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing, technology project management, and product management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

The product management curriculum teaches in-demand product management skills, starting with the essentials. Learners will master the tools to set themselves apart and deliver great products via roadmap development, backlog management, product life cycle management, A/B testing, and data analysis.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education at UNC-Chapel Hill and will have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (90) reviews for UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps →

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationRaleigh
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Node.js, Git, MongoDB, React.js
    LocationChapel Hill, Raleigh
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
  • Product Management - Part-Time

LocationChapel Hill
    Gain in-demand product management skills like market analysis, value proposition creation, roadmap development, rapid prototyping, SQL, and data visualization. Through hands-on training, learn how to define a target audience, communicate with stakeholders, write effective user stories, build wireframes, and more.
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Agile, Scrum
    LocationRaleigh
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.

• $500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)
  • Byron  User Photo
    Byron • Site Reliability Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course was incredibly well-ran. We covered every technology to make us competitive in the job market, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, APIs, React, MERN, MySQL, MongoDB, and quite a few more. The instructors were largely graduates of the bootcamp who are working in the field. On top of teaching the curriculum, they would discuss getting a job after, what their day-to-day was like, timelines in regards to getting a job, and salary expectations, while providing their personal experience in the subjects. By the end of the course, I accepted a job that was double what I was making. I can't say that the bootcamp was directly responsible, considering my previous work experience was related but, the bootcamp definitely helped and opened opportunities for me within the new position.
    Tuesday, May 31 2022
    Amazing, Byron! We're thrilled you successfully enhanced your full stack web development skills. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and found their advice to be helpful throughout your learning journey. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We appreciate your review and are rooting you on in all your future endeavors.
  • Best Investment
    - 2/14/2022
    Naomi Smith  User Photo
    Naomi Smith • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    This course is the best thing I could have done for myself. I would recommend it to all. The course is fast paced but the instructor and TA's are amazing.
    Friday, Feb 18 2022
    Thank you, Naomi! It's great to hear you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully the boot camp! All the best moving forward.
  • Totally Worth It!
    - 1/31/2022
    Ben Wofford  User Photo
    Ben Wofford • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The UNC-CH Full Stack Flex Bootcamp was a challenge but it has changed my life. I entered the course with little-to-no knowledge of HTML & CSS and left the course with a wealth of knowledge in everything from how to manage Github branches with a team to full stack React applications. It will be challenging and it will take a lot of personal time to digest the course material and make the concepts make sense to you. I personally had to spend 15-20 hours a week outside of the course to fully feel like I had grasped the concepts so make sure you're able to do so depending on your level of comfort with learning new things at a blistering pace. That being said, the level of support from instructors, TA's and tutors along the way were what made this course feel like I had made the right choice when things got difficult. The staff was nothing short of patient, kind and caring from when we were learning how to center div's in the early weeks to when we were connecting server and client sides of an application and troubleshooting deployments at the end of the course.
    Monday, Feb 07 2022
    We appreciate your review, Ben! We're thrilled you found the program to be challenging and life-changing. Like you noted, this is a rigorous program that will require extensive hard work and time commitment both inside and outside of the classroom. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in your future endeavors!
  • Great Start
    - 1/27/2022
    Ryan  User Photo
    Ryan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had very limited coding experience coming into the class but I came out of it with skills that I am eager to use and improve upon. It's actually crazy to me how much I learned in such a short amount of time. Of course this is felt during the class where it never seems to slow down but I was ok with that since it definitely respected the value of my time.
    Monday, Jan 31 2022
    Way to go, Ryan! We're glad to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
  • Mandeepkaur Saini  User Photo
    Mandeepkaur Saini • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    UNC Chapel Hill Bootcamp is the ultimate guide to enhance your information technology skills and so far one of the best bootcamps out there. If you're planning to change your career, this bootcamp is a great place to start. One of the thing I would like to mention here is, you need to be consistent, you will have to give your 100% as its a bootcamp and it is a fast paced course I am glad I chose this one because the other courses are 14 week and this one is 24 week (part-time) that give to you time to breathe. My instructor and TAs always made sure that my doubts were clarified and that they assisted me with any question I had. They also assigned a tutor to me for the duration of my bootcamp experience, and I received one session per week, which was a huge help outside of class. They also have a BCS (bootCampSpot) support team that can be reached on live chat as many times as you need help. I conducted some research and discovered that this bootcamp provides a wide range of curriculum, which is something that not many bootcamps do. I enjoyed working on solo and team projects. If you're planning to go for a bootcamp, GO FOR IT!!!! It will be stressful, you might get irritated, there's a lot you will go through as far as reading, understanding new concepts that you've never heard of, homework due dates, being active with class activities, getting Employer ready and employer competitive. There will be times you would not see your friends and family for weeks, because you're trying your best to accomplish your goals. Don't give up, keep going because it is WORTH IT !! Take advantage of the resources they provide, be consistent, don't give up, be happy and proud of yourself because you will complete this milestone in your life soon and practice practice practice.

Thanks to my instructional team and TA's Alper, Joshua and Carl for the help and my Tutor Samuel.

Monday, Jan 31 2022
    Incredible, Mandeepkaur! Like you mentioned, this is a rigorous and fast-paced course that will require you to be consistent and put in hard work. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and couldn't agree more that Alper, Joshua, Carl, and Samuel are all pretty amazing. We appreciate you sharing helpful tips for prospective students including never giving up, utilizing all the available resources, and continually practicing. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Harry Murrell  User Photo
    Harry Murrell • Content Coordinator/ Small Business Owner • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was a fantastic program from start to finish. I am adequately prepared to apply the skills and knowledge I obtained during the course to my own business and the new job I am starting next month. The material was thorough and challenging, but I felt I had plenty of support to get through the program from the instructors and classmates. I would say the most rewarding aspect of the course was my overall change in mentality and outlook to creatively marketing any product. I now can confidently execute a marketing plan with ease and be able to track the results after setting up all the necessary checkpoints along the way. We covered SEO, paid search, Google analytics, website design, and retargeting strategies just to name a few of the helpful topics. After the course was over I earned a job placement in my favorite city and have a group of fellow classmates and instructors that I bounce ideas off of for the rest of my life. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to get into the digital marketing/content creation space.
    Monday, Jan 31 2022
    Thank you, Harry! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience and enjoyed the curriculum. We're happy to hear you made close connections with your classmates and felt supported throughout every step of the way by our instructional team. Congratulations on successfully finishing out the course and landing an exciting new role! We're rooting you on as you move forward.
  • .
    - 1/26/2022
    Sean McCarthy  User Photo
    Sean McCarthy • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This boot camp was maybe the most challenging and rewarding program I have been through in my life. I learned so much in such a short amount of time. I would whole heartedly recommend this course to others. It will be challenging and it will be a lot of work, but you will have the best support staff available to assist you along with all of your classmates to bounce ideas off of. Worth every penny!!!!!
    Monday, Jan 31 2022
    Fantastic, Sean! We're glad you found the boot camp to be both challenging and rewarding. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team as well as classmates. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We're confident you'll go on to do great things with your new skillset.
  • Andrew Bumgarner  User Photo
    Andrew Bumgarner • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
    The UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camp is everything that is advertised. You will learn how to build a full stack application in six months and it will prepare you for work outside the class. The instructors are knowledgeable, the TA's are incredibly generous with their time, and you have an hour of tutoring each week. All that said, it is a big time commitment to really study, comprehend and put all of this to memory. If you have a busy schedule already I strongly recommend balancing it BEFORE starting the course. Once you start, the curriculum does not stop and you will fall behind if you're not completely dedicated. All that said - my experience was great, albeit challenging. I'm walking out of the course with a new job as a technical account manager with a fully remote tech company that just got their series b funding. I would not have been qualified for the job without taking this course (HTML, CSS, Javascript and knowing how to pass data from client side to backend was a must). Again... difficult... but doable and worth it if you have the time/bandwidth to commit.
    Monday, Jan 31 2022
    We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Andrew! It's great to know you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Like you noted, this is a rigorous course that will require extensive time commitment and hard work both inside and outside of the classroom. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and landing an exciting new role! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Cody Ktestakis  User Photo
    Cody Ktestakis • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Taking this program helped me a lot with my knowledge in code. The program instructor was great and TAs helped out a lot when we had questions. I would definitely recommend others to take this program to help better their skills in coding! Thank you again!
    Monday, Jan 31 2022
    Thanks, Cody! We're glad you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulation on graduating, we appreciate your recommendation! All the best moving forward.
  • Hardik Rola  User Photo
    Hardik Rola • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The UNC Full-Stack Bootcamp is an excellent option for anyone looking to change careers or enhance their skills to be more marketable on the job market. I come from an IT background but always wanted to move into a field with a lot of learning and growth potential. The UNC-Chapel Hill boot camp has made this transition possible and is the best decision I had made for my career.
    This course taught me how to make a full-stack web application using all the new technologies (MERN) and it enabled me quickly to grasp other relevant, important technologies. The instructor (Alper)/TA (Joshua & Carl) were extremely helpful and has a tendency to explain things in simple terms.

Granted, it wasn't easy, I had to work extremely hard, stay focused, push myself and stay very motivated, but it was worth it.

To do well in this course you'll need to: -
    • Practice Coding
    • Ask Questions
    • Utilize the Tutors services
    • Utilize the Career Services which will help you to get Employer ready

Lastly, after you graduated from the Bootcamp you will have access to self-paced continuation courses content and support from your instructors and TA's.
    Monday, Jan 31 2022
    Incredible, Hardik! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. We're thrilled you enjoyed our learning structure and benefited from the support of our instructional team. Like you mentioned, Alper, Joshua, and Carl are all amazing at what they do. We appreciate you sharing helpful tips with prospective students including constantly practicing, asking questions, and utilizing all the available resources. Congratulations on successfully finishing out the program and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
  • Full Stack
    - 1/25/2022
    Anthony  User Photo
    Anthony Verified via GitHub
    This course was amazing with three amazing instructors, Alper, Joshua, and Carl all there helping you along the way of your journey to reach that Full Stack Certificate! The course was quite a challenge and it can go really fast at times, but make sure to ask your questions, work on the homework and really really practice coding outside of the class to help understand the materials. Just because your a full time at work doesn't mean you can't do the course, I am a direct product of that scenario and put many hours up 17 or more each week to ensure I understood how the code is working. This will change your life especially if you are seeking a change! Two thumbs up!
    Monday, Jan 31 2022
    Amazing, Anthony! We're glad you felt supported by our entire instructional team and couldn't agree more that Alper, Joshua, and Carl are all pretty fantastic. Great advice for prospective students - actively asking questions, completing homework assignments, and practicing outside the classroom can set you up for success. Congratulations on completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Great program
    - 1/22/2022
    Lindsay  User Photo
    Lindsay • Student Verified via GitHub
    I enjoyed every second of this boot camp! I was job hunting in my previous career path, and some jobs that were completely within my skill set were asking that applicants know SQL. So I signed up for some self-taught classes, and fell in love.  Within a few days after that, I was enrolled in the UNC Chapel Hill Boot Camp for Full Stack coding. I wanted to learn everything, and it feels like I finally found what I was meant to be doing. The instructors and teachers assistants are great, and really care about your experience. They are always open to feedback.  It wasn't easy, it is a lot of hard work, and requires a great level of self-discipline, but it is so worth it when you see your finished projects. Sometimes it will feel like you're on a hamster wheel going nowhere, but you have to trust the process, and know that it will all make sense in the end. I had to remind myself of that a lot! Advice for future students: 1. Don't miss a single homework assignment, 2. Don't miss a single class, 3. Take advantage of the 24/7 tutors, 4. Take advantage of the private tutoring, 5. Take advantage of office hours, and 6. Failure isn't an option! Don't give up, be kind to yourself, and it will all be worth it in the end.
    Monday, Jan 31 2022
    We appreciate your review, Lindsay! It's great to hear you enjoyed the boot camp and found our entire instructional team to be supportive. Like you mentioned, the program requires hard work and self-discipline but if you're committed to your studies you can succeed. Great advice for prospective students — not missing assignments and taking advantage of all the available resources can help you stay ahead. Congratulations on completing the course! Best of luck in all that you do.