unc-chapel-hill-boot-camps-logo

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps

Average Rating4.86
91 Reviews
4 Courses

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time courses in web development, or data analytics, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing, technology project management, and product management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interaction...

91 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Reviews

• Byron
    Site Reliability Engineer • Graduate • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Chapel Hill
    May 30, 2022

Full-Stack Web Development

This course was incredibly well-ran. We covered every technology to make us competitive in the job market, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, APIs, React, MERN, MySQL, MongoDB, and quite a few more. The instructors were largely graduates of the bootcamp who are working in the field. On top of teaching the curriculum, they would discuss getting a job after, what their day-to-day was like, timelines in regards to getting a job, and salary expectations, while providing their personal experience in the ...

May 31, 2022

Amazing, Byron! We're thrilled you successfully enhanced your full stack web development skills. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and found their advice to be helpful throughout your learning journey. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We appreciate your review and are rooting you on in all your future endeavors.
  • Naomi Smith
    Feb 15, 2022

Best Investment

This course is the best thing I could have done for myself. I would recommend it to all. The course is fast paced but the instructor and TA's are amazing.

Feb 18, 2022

Thank you, Naomi! It's great to hear you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully the boot camp! All the best moving forward.
  • Ben Wofford
    Graduate • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Raleigh

Totally Worth It!

The UNC-CH Full Stack Flex Bootcamp was a challenge but it has changed my life. I entered the course with little-to-no knowledge of HTML & CSS and left the course with a wealth of knowledge in everything from how to manage Github branches with a team to full stack React applications. It will be challenging and it will take a lot of personal time to digest the course material and make the concepts make sense to you. I personally had ...

Feb 07, 2022

We appreciate your review, Ben! We're thrilled you found the program to be challenging and life-changing. Like you noted, this is a rigorous program that will require extensive hard work and time commitment both inside and outside of the classroom. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in your future endeavors!
  • Ryan
    Jan 27, 2022

Great Start

I had very limited coding experience coming into the class but I came out of it with skills that I am eager to use and improve upon. It's actually crazy to me how much I learned in such a short amount of time. Of course this is felt during the class where it never seems to slow down but I was ok with that since it definitely respected the value of my time.

Jan 31, 2022

Way to go, Ryan! We're glad to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
  • Mandeepkaur Saini
    Jan 27, 2022

An investment for your career

UNC Chapel Hill Bootcamp is the ultimate guide to enhance your information technology skills and so far one of the best bootcamps out there. If you're planning to change your career, this bootcamp is a great place to start. One of the thing I would like to mention here is, you need to be consistent, you will have to give your 100% as its a bootcamp and it is a fast paced course I am glad I chose this one because the other courses are 14 week and this one is 24 week (part-time) that give ...

Jan 31, 2022

Incredible, Mandeepkaur! Like you mentioned, this is a rigorous and fast-paced course that will require you to be consistent and put in hard work. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and couldn't agree more that Alper, Joshua, Carl, and Samuel are all pretty amazing. We appreciate you sharing helpful tips for prospective students including never giving up, utilizing all the available resources, and continually practicing. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Harry Murrell
    Content Coordinator/ Small Business Owner • Graduate • Chapel Hill

Digital Marketing Bootcamp

This was a fantastic program from start to finish. I am adequately prepared to apply the skills and knowledge I obtained during the course to my own business and the new job I am starting next month. The material was thorough and challenging, but I felt I had plenty of support to get through the program from the instructors and classmates. I would say the most rewarding aspect of the course was my overall change in mentality and outlook to creatively marketing any product. I now can conf...

Jan 31, 2022

Thank you, Harry! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience and enjoyed the curriculum. We're happy to hear you made close connections with your classmates and felt supported throughout every step of the way by our instructional team. Congratulations on successfully finishing out the course and landing an exciting new role! We're rooting you on as you move forward.
  • Sean McCarthy
    Jan 26, 2022

This boot camp was maybe the most challenging and rewarding program I have been through in my life. I learned so much in such a short amount of time. I would whole heartedly recommend this course to others. It will be challenging and it will be a lot of work, but you will have the best support staff available to assist you along with all of your classmates to bounce ideas off of. Worth every penny!!!!!

Jan 31, 2022

Fantastic, Sean! We're glad you found the boot camp to be both challenging and rewarding. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team as well as classmates. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We're confident you'll go on to do great things with your new skillset.
  • Andrew Bumgarner
    Applicant

Great, but tough experience

The UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camp is everything that is advertised. You will learn how to build a full stack application in six months and it will prepare you for work outside the class. The instructors are knowledgeable, the TA's are incredibly generous with their time, and you have an hour of tutoring each week. All that said, it is a big time commitment to really study, comprehend and put all of this to memory. If you have a busy schedule already I strongly recommend balancing it BEFORE s...

Jan 31, 2022

We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Andrew! It's great to know you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Like you noted, this is a rigorous course that will require extensive time commitment and hard work both inside and outside of the classroom. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and landing an exciting new role! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Cody Ktestakis

Excellent Experience

Taking this program helped me a lot with my knowledge in code. The program instructor was great and TAs helped out a lot when we had questions. I would definitely recommend others to take this program to help better their skills in coding! Thank you again!

Jan 31, 2022

Thanks, Cody! We're glad you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulation on graduating, we appreciate your recommendation! All the best moving forward.
  • Hardik Rola

AWWWsome Boot Camp - Full Stack

The UNC Full-Stack Bootcamp is an excellent option for anyone looking to change careers or enhance their skills to be more marketable on the job market. I come from an IT background but always wanted to move into a field with a lot of learning and growth potential. The UNC-Chapel Hill boot camp has made this transition possible and is the best decision I had made for my career. This course taught me how to make a full-stack web application using all the new technologies (MERN)...

Jan 31, 2022

Incredible, Hardik! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. We're thrilled you enjoyed our learning structure and benefited from the support of our instructional team. Like you mentioned, Alper, Joshua, and Carl are all amazing at what they do. We appreciate you sharing helpful tips with prospective students including constantly practicing, asking questions, and utilizing all the available resources. Congratulations on successfully finishing out the program and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
  • Anthony
    Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Chapel Hill

Full Stack

This course was amazing with three amazing instructors, Alper, Joshua, and Carl all there helping you along the way of your journey to reach that Full Stack Certificate! The course was quite a challenge and it can go really fast at times, but make sure to ask your questions, work on the homework and really really practice coding outside of the class to help understand the materials. Just because your a full time at work doesn't mean you can't do the course, I am a direct product of that ...

Jan 31, 2022

Amazing, Anthony! We're glad you felt supported by our entire instructional team and couldn't agree more that Alper, Joshua, and Carl are all pretty fantastic. Great advice for prospective students - actively asking questions, completing homework assignments, and practicing outside the classroom can set you up for success. Congratulations on completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Lindsay
    Student • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Chapel Hill
    Jan 22, 2022

Great program

I enjoyed every second of this boot camp! I was job hunting in my previous career path, and some jobs that were completely within my skill set were asking that applicants know SQL. So I signed up for some self-taught classes, and fell in love.  Within a few days after that, I was enrolled in the UNC Chapel Hill Boot Camp for Full Stack coding. I wanted to learn everything, and it feels like I finally found what I was meant to be doing. The instructors and teachers assistants are great, a...

Jan 31, 2022

We appreciate your review, Lindsay! It's great to hear you enjoyed the boot camp and found our entire instructional team to be supportive. Like you mentioned, the program requires hard work and self-discipline but if you're committed to your studies you can succeed. Great advice for prospective students — not missing assignments and taking advantage of all the available resources can help you stay ahead. Congratulations on completing the course! Best of luck in all that you do.

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Alumni Outcomes

UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarships

$500 UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chapel Hill)
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Raleigh)
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Raleigh)
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Raleigh)

Recent UNC-Chapel Hill Boot Camps News

Liz Eggleston
Published February 09, 2016
You've heard of household bootcamps like Hack Reactor, General Assembly, and Flatiron School – but have you noticed universities that offer coding bootcamps? Universities have now been partnering with coding bootcamps since 2016, but these university coding bootcamps aren't all the same! Research your options below and find out which coding bootcamps offer college credit, which are part-tim...