thinkful-logo

Thinkful

Thinkful

Thinkful, a Chegg service, provides every adult learner with a pathway to a rewarding career. This online bootcamp offers fast-paced, career-focused programs in Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Technical Project Management. These programs are offered in part-time and full-time formats. Students commit 20-25 hours per week in the part-time format, and up to 60 hours in the full-time option. All programs include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and Q&A sessions with industry professionals.

On top of learning the most up-to-date industry skills, students benefit from 1-on-1 mentorship, and receive career support from the day they enroll. Students continue to get personalized support from a dedicated career coach for six months after graduation, or until they’re hired. Each student graduates with a professional portfolio, interview experience, and the tools they need to navigate the job market. Students join a community of 3,000+ learners and mentors to get on-demand help and build a professional network.

Thinkful also offers an expanding list of flexible payment options. Thinkful students are empowered to balance life and learning, and can complete any of the part-time programs even if they plan to keep working in an existing job. They can access course materials from anywhere in the world.

Prospective students can apply via Thinkful.com, and schedule a call to chat with an advisor.

Recent Thinkful Reviews: Rating 4.55

all (768) reviews for Thinkful →

Recent Thinkful News

Read all (110) articles about Thinkful →
  • Data Analytics Flex

MySQL, Data Visualization, Excel, Data Analytics , Business Intelligence, SQL, Python
    Set your schedule in a program built to turn your into a highly-paid data analyst in six months. Benefit from one-on-one mentorship, career guidance, and community support from enroll to hire.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/flexible/#pricing
    ScholarshipSelf-identifying women and US military members (active or discharged) are eligible for reduced tuition.
  • Data Analytics Immersion

A rigorous and structured full-time program built to get you a job as a data analyst. Benefit from instructor-led learning, a virtual classroom environment, 1-on-1 mentorship, and a robust support team.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/full-time/#pricing
  • Data Science Flex

Data Science, Hadoop, Spark, Algorithms, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
    A flexible, online data science course aimed at helping you launch a career. One-on-one mentorship, professional guidance, and a robust community network are on hand to help you succeed in this highly advanced profession.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/flexible/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Data Science Immersion

Data Science, Hadoop, Spark, Algorithms, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
    An accelerated online program of classes, mentorship, and professional guidance designed to get you a career in data science, fast. This advanced program is designed to serve the needs of equipping degree graduates with the data science skillset they need to obtain a career in their field of study.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/full-time/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Digital Marketing Flex

Digital Marketing, Growth Hacking, SEO, Data Analytics
    Learn the technical skills needed to build an audience, create a brand, and drive sales. Study with a flexible, online schedule, a personal mentor, and peer groups. Professional career coaches guide you with networking advice and personalized resume tips to help secure a high-income marketing role.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/digital-marketing/flexible/#pricing
  • Digital Marketing Immersion

Digital Marketing, Growth Hacking, SEO, Data Analytics
    The fastest way to launch your marketing career. Create campaigns and analyze results as you learn relevant, up-to-date technical skills. Showcase your knowledge with an interview-ready portfolio that stands out and earns job offers. Enroll now, and pay nothing until you’ve graduated and landed a job.
    Options:
  • Engineering Flex

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    A flexible program built to get you a career in full-stack web development. Study online at a pace that works for you, while a team of mentors, career coaches, and peers guides you every step of the way.
  • Engineering Immersion

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    A fast-tracked, full time program of online classes, mentorship, and career coaching. Skills, tools, and the support you need to become a highly paid full-stack web developer.
  • Technical Project Management Flex

Break into tech as a project manager. Learn how to plan, schedule, and budget in a business setting while developing the leadership skills for long-term career growth. A flexible format that works around your schedule, with industry mentors and career support until you’re hired.
  • Technical Project Management Immersion

The fastest path to a project management career. Learn to leverage the tools used by top employers in this full-time, online course. Work through a project-based course that builds your portfolio with the support of industry experts, a rigorous curriculum, and paired workshops.
  • UX/UI Flex

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
    Set your schedule with an online program aimed at taking you from newbie to a confident, highly-paid product designer. Learn the skills and the best way to present them with a team of mentors, career coaches, and community supporters.
  • UX/UI Immersion

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
    Learn career-ready skills in research, web design, and teamwork on your path to a high-paying role in UX/UI. One-on-one mentorship, interview prep and community support take you from newbie to hired and beyond.
  • Mark • Student

I had a quick look at Thinkful last year, and then moved on, thinking that they were a bit "light-weight", but boy, was I wrong!

The "Web Development Career Path" with the job guarantee made me realize that Thinkful had a stake in my success, which meant that they would teach me what I needed to learn, in order find a job after graduation.

I am so glad that I decided to join up with the "Web Development Career Path" this year, because now I can see that their course-ware is as challenging as it needs to be, given that they want to prepare me for a job.

I see my mentor 3 times per week. He is a highly experienced developer who not only mentors aspiring developers, but also owns a web development business, which means that I get real world guidance, and invaluable insight into the industry, as it really is.

I've come across many developer courses, but I think that Thinkful has a good balance of course-ware, workshops, daily question and answer sessions, and great mentor assistance. They might need more workshops for beginner topics, which I had already been familiar with, before signing up.

I am almost a month into the course, and have found that most of the lessons are text-based, but very short and to the point, with coding challenges throughout, and a project at the end of each unit. I would have liked to see more of the content presented via video, since it would make the information more easily "digestible", thus a faster learning experience.

I have not participated much in their Slack community, but it seems to be very busy, so I'll eventually do that at some point. Having a mentor 3 days per week seems to be working well enough at this point.

All-in-all, my experience thus far, has been great. I am very excited about completing the course, and finding a job as a developer.

• Yolixtly • Student

As a brand new student to programming, what I have enjoyed the most about Thinkful is the community. They offer plenty of tools to meet with new students and mentors whom are always flexible to share their knowledge and help you when you are stuck at some point in your course.

I believe motivation is a key component for all students and Thinkful targets this very well with fun projects yet challenging enough to create and strength solid skills in short time!

Another aspect I appreciate is their fast response with the support team and in general they are always looking to improve by actively listening to us: the community.

I totally recomend it!

• Essentials of UX
    - 3/9/2016
    Megan M. • Visual Experience Designer • Student

I started the online-only course with some apprehension, but I was quickly relieved once I started my weekly meetings with my mentor. I love that the course is designed so that you can work at your own pace, which makes it great for people like me who work full time. On top of getting weekly video hangouts with your mentor to get feedback and discuss your work, mentors are also available via Slack and email throughout the week. I have learned so much in such a short amount of time, and I am already applying what I've learned to my design process. The Thinkful site is very well organized and the tools make it easy to keep track of all the coursework. Overall, it has been a great experience!

• Giuseppe Messina

hi there,

I am really happy with the course so far, I'm learning a lot and this is exactly what I was looking for.

I have only one thing to share with you,

Obviously it might be only me, but I found the jQuery section a bit confusing. I didn't know anything about jQuery and JavaScript and I think the lesson covers too many things at the same time instead of giving a step by step overview of what you can do with jQuery and how to write it.

so, before going properly through that section, I studied all the jQuery lessons that W3s chool has to offer, I found them really helpful and easy to learn. After that, I came back to Thinkful and going through that section was way easier than before and I understood everything.

Obviuosly I don't know about other students, so maybe it's just me, but I wanted to share this with you.

Anyway as I already told you I really like the course so far.

Many thanks

Giuseppe

• Awesome courses
    - 3/8/2016
    Glen • Engineer • Student

I have done the Front End Web Developer course and now I am doing the Angular course. Thinkful has got everything just right:

- one on one mentor

- course material that challenges you but you have assistance if you get stuck

- show you how to use real industry tools like sublime text and GitHub

- career advice

- price: great value for money

At the end of four months I feel confident in being able to change career path, what more can I say!

• Rachel Lee • Student

It's been great so far. The curriculum's well designed and has helped me feel a lot more comfortable with frontend development. And my mentor Ben's awesome. Period.

• Courtney Waller • Student

I've been super pleased with everything. The curriculum scales in a way that is always challenging but never impossible. My mentor Marius is awesome!

• Tucker Beauchamp • Student

I haven't gotten past the initial stages of the front end developer side, so my opinion may change, but Thinkful has helped me excel in my career path exponentially.

• Frontend grad
    - 3/7/2016
    Luis P • Graduate

As a new web developer I found the course challenging but not overwhelming. The main reason that I selected Thinkful was because of the mentorship program, which was excellent. I enjoyed having the access to someone who had experience in what I was studying and be available to breakdown problems and provide guidance to find solutions.

• Frontend course
    - 3/2/2016
    Stella C • Graduate

Studying at Thinkful was an invaluable experience. I am really happy because I have acquired much of new knowledge and I managed to create a small portfolio, demonstrating my new skills. The curriculum is written in a very clean and simple way and you have full guidance on your projects. Of course as the lessons go by you get to work more independently but there is always enough information and online help to walk through the challenge set. People at Thinkful were really helpful and caring, from my mentor to the Slack community! I hope I will come back to a new course soon!

• Great course
    - 3/1/2016

This was a great course for me. I learned a ton and acquired a lot of best practices...plus got a few projects for my portfolio. Nicolas has been a great resource. He gave me a lot of advice and I have a lot of new ideas for my next steps based on our conversations.

• Excellent Mentor
    - 3/1/2016

Alvin was a tremendous mentor. He was patient and empathetic, but knowledgeable enough to guide me to exactly where I needed to go.

Thinkful Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 9 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Thinkful CIRR report here