thinkful-logo

Thinkful

Thinkful

Thinkful, a Chegg service, provides every adult learner with a pathway to a rewarding career. This online bootcamp offers fast-paced, career-focused programs in Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, and Technical Project Management. These programs are offered in part-time and full-time formats. Students commit 20-25 hours per week in the part-time format, and up to 60 hours in the full-time option. All programs include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and Q&A sessions with industry professionals.

On top of learning the most up-to-date industry skills, students benefit from 1-on-1 mentorship, and receive career support from the day they enroll. Students continue to get personalized support from a dedicated career coach for six months after graduation, or until they’re hired. Each student graduates with a professional portfolio, interview experience, and the tools they need to navigate the job market. Students join a community of 3,000+ learners and mentors to get on-demand help and build a professional network.

Thinkful also offers an expanding list of flexible payment options. Thinkful students are empowered to balance life and learning, and can complete any of the part-time programs even if they plan to keep working in an existing job. They can access course materials from anywhere in the world.

Prospective students can apply via Thinkful.com, and schedule a call to chat with an advisor.

Recent Thinkful Reviews: Rating 4.55

all (903) reviews for Thinkful →

Recent Thinkful News

Read all (115) articles about Thinkful →
  • Data Analytics Flex

Data Analytics , Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, Excel, MySQL, Python, SQL
    Set your schedule in a program built to turn your into a highly-paid data analyst in six months. Benefit from one-on-one mentorship, career guidance, and community support from enroll to hire.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/flexible/#pricing
    ScholarshipSelf-identifying women and US military members (active or discharged) are eligible for reduced tuition.
  • Data Analytics Immersion

SQL, Python, MySQL, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Business Intelligence
    A rigorous and structured full-time program built to get you a job as a data analyst. Benefit from instructor-led learning, a virtual classroom environment, 1-on-1 mentorship, and a robust support team.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/full-time/#pricing
  • Data Science Flex

Algorithms, Data Science, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Python, Spark, SQL
    A flexible, online data science course aimed at helping you launch a career. One-on-one mentorship, professional guidance, and a robust community network are on hand to help you succeed in this highly advanced profession.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/flexible/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Digital Marketing Flex

SEO, Growth Hacking, Digital Marketing, Data Analytics
    Learn the technical skills needed to build an audience, create a brand, and drive sales. Study with a flexible, online schedule, a personal mentor, and peer groups. Professional career coaches guide you with networking advice and personalized resume tips to help secure a high-income marketing role.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/digital-marketing/flexible/#pricing
  • Engineering Flex

React.js, Node.js, JavaScript, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS
    A flexible program built to get you a career in full-stack web development. Study online at a pace that works for you, while a team of mentors, career coaches, and peers guides you every step of the way.
  • Engineering Immersion

CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, React.js
    A fast-tracked, full time program of online classes, mentorship, and career coaching. Skills, tools, and the support you need to become a highly paid full-stack web developer.
  • Technical Project Management Flex

Break into tech as a project manager. Learn how to plan, schedule, and budget in a business setting while developing the leadership skills for long-term career growth. A flexible format that works around your schedule, with industry mentors and career support until you’re hired.
  • UX/UI Flex

Design, Front End, User Experience Design, CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery
    Set your schedule with an online program aimed at taking you from newbie to a confident, highly-paid product designer. Learn the skills and the best way to present them with a team of mentors, career coaches, and community supporters.
  • UX/UI Immersion

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Git, Front End, Design, CSS
    Learn career-ready skills in research, web design, and teamwork on your path to a high-paying role in UX/UI. One-on-one mentorship, interview prep and community support take you from newbie to hired and beyond.
  • E  User Photo
    E • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    You can learn more for free and end up with no debt. I recently graduated from the UX/UI immersion program and I don't feel equipped for the workforce and I need to pay ~ 30k (I was a living stipend student). Save yourself and go with coursera or Google and read Sprint by Jake Knapp. I'm really disappointed with the curriculum. On top of that, my current career coach has not helped me in any valuable way and never responds to me. Let's see if I am even able to land a decent job to pay off this insane debt.
  • Bridget  User Photo
    Bridget • Data Analyst (junior-level) • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was in the midst of the anguished-filled 2020 pandemic where I realized that I did NOT want to work (cranky) customer-facing retail for the rest of my increasingly uncertain days!

I already had a STEM background. Years ago, I had obtained a Bachelor's of Science in Environmental Studies from a large state university. In retrospect, one of my greatest regrets was not properly seeking out internships or training for job seeking itself while I was still an undergraduate. Hence me now languishing, working underemployed in retail during a pandemic despite having an undergraduate degree. I had no proper guidance or motivation to effectively job search, network, or practice interviews post-graduation long ago!

Because I already had a STEM background, learning some data analytics concepts wasn't too difficult or foreign to me. While obtaining my B.S. degree, I already learned how to implement basic Excel spreadsheet functions, create effective PowerPoint presentations, calculate basic statistical functions, and think scientifically and critically. Online Thinkful coursework can begin easily enough while motivation is high, but unfortunately the coursework can become more challenging while motivation diminishes! This is why I really appreciated weekly mentor online meetings. These regular mentor meetings and email communications kept me accountable, on track, helped me solve coursework roadblocks, and reassured my occasional Imposter Syndrome away.

The benefits of education online is that it's very flexible to students' personal schedules (especially the "flex" programs, as per their names). Additionally, online school during a pandemic has no risk of contagion spread, unlike traditional in-person education. With that said, one must be DISCIPLINED and create a determined weekly schedule to effectively succeed in such a flexible education! This same learning flexibility can make it very tempting for a student to slack off and not learn or complete work as effectively! Always remember why you originally started this program when the motivation gets very low...

Additionally, the Thinkful data analytics flex program coursework is only a starting point to learn certain technologies and programming languages- it is not the end all, be all! Luckily, there are countless different resources out there to supplement the learning of Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, Tableau, and Python 3. There are books, ebooks, YouTube videos, LinkedIn further education videos, blogs, Slack groups, online coding practice websites, Stack Overflow, and even TikTok videos to practice and reinforce data analytics and data science technologies and concepts. Choose the best learning medium(s) for oneself! How else was I supposed to practice coding proper syntax in SQL and Python 3 outside of the Thinkful course content?

The most valuable resource to me personally was the career-related coursework in Thinkful. This was the critical jobsearching information that I never learned back when I was an undergraduate that could have theoretically help start my environmental science career with my newly minted skillset back then...if I could have just learned this as an undergraduate! Thinkful coursework includes how to effectively write resumes and cover letters; craft an eye-catching LinkedIn profile; network and conduct informational interviews; and excel in behavoral and culture fit interviews. After all, what use is one's new job skillset if one cannot effectively advertise oneself in the jobmarket to get hired in the new prospective field in the first place?

Very helpfully, post-graduation I have a career couch who, similar to my mentors during my main coursework, give me effective job-hunting advice and motivation via weekly video meetings and regular email correspondence. This is crucial for me to actually land my first data analytics role post-graduation with my new skillset! As of this review writing, within the first month of me job hunting using the career couching, I have not yet received any job offers. However, I have received two job interview screening requests! I am very hopeful, despite how mentally and emotionally grueling job searching activities can typically be!

Overall, I would definitely recommend Thinkful courses, especially to STEM-minded individuals needing a quick career reboot in the very prospective and rapidly growing tech industries!

• John Gonzalez  User Photo
    John Gonzalez • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Thinkful was a great bootcamp that helped me understand the in's and out's of the UX/UI design process. They have great financing options for any type of situation which made the decision a no-brainer for me. The instructors were great and knowledgeable and my mentor was amazing. My mentor helped me a lot during the course and kept it real with me throughout the whole process. He made learning a lot easier and progressing in my skills much smoother. I feel really confident coming out of the bootcamp and I'm excited to start working in the field as a certified UX/UI designer.
  • Carmen  User Photo
    Carmen • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Thinkfuls Data Science Immersion program is amazing. My instructor, mentor, ASM were friendly and always willing to help me beyond what I expected. There are many ways to reach out for help when the instructor isn't available like the TA's and Thinkchat (you can chat with technical experts and were live almost all day!).

Although this is a fast paced program, there are many materials to learn from. For example, the modules, instructor lectures, and team assignments so it was easy to get practice. You will go over how to use git and github, postgreSQL, A/b testing, supervised and unsupervised learning, time series analysis/forcasting, natural language processing (nlp), neural networks, big data, and more. The modules go along with the lectures well so if you don't understand the reading, you can discuss it with yout instructor the next day in your meetings. There are 4 projects (capstones) that I did and had the freedom to pick a dataset or even collect it there were no constraints. They give you about a week to finish your projects but for the final it's about 2 weeks. You will have to present some capstones like the final with an assesor ( All the assessors have been very friendly and spend extra time giving you advice in detail afterwards for both interviews and projects). For projects that dont require an assesor my cohort and I had to present to one another and get feedback.

The best part of Thinkful is that they integrate Careers into the learning. For example, they teach you how to make an effective resume/cover letter, go over different types of interviews (and towards the end have an assessor grade you live). They then grade this work and always give an explanation on how to improve.

I only had positive experiences with Thinkful. The staff are great and want you to succeed after graduating which is so motivating!
  • Yuri L.  User Photo
    Yuri L. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I did my extensive research and interview before I decided to enroll in Thinkful. They have the best value.
    1. You can learn the first few checkpoints to decide if this is a good fit for you, both the career path and curriculum
    2. You can switch out your mentor and ASM if they are not compatible with you, we all have different personality, as long as we keep it professional
    3. You will have somebody to reach out to should you have questions at any humanly possible hour, you are not alone, there is an entire community backing you up

You will be learning web development through Javascript, HTML, CSS, jQuery, React, Node.js, Express.js, Java (after you graduate), and an intro on algorithm. I can't tell you if any of these would be 100% useful for you, but Thinkful gave me a chance, gave me a head start on my new career.

Yes, you may struggle and question yourself. But all you need to do is ask for help, and Thinkful will provide within their best ability.
  • Khandaker Sultana  User Photo
    Khandaker Sultana • UI Developer Verified via GitHub
     It has been a real pleasure to be part of the Thinkful software engineering program. Attending Thinkful gave me guidance and direction when I was trying to resume my career after a gap. I had been looking at online boot camps for some time and came across Thinkful. After researching each of the different curriculums I decided that Software Engineering is the one I was most interested in. Before the course, they offer Prep-coursework to prepare for applying for the full course which was not only free but also I had a mentor who helps me twice a week.  Each week, there was a pair programming which I enjoyed a lot. This is a great program! I have been challenged with every project.  Each week we go through quite a charming learning process in the platform. Then there is a project where you can imply the knowledge from the lessons and are being reviewed by the grading team. The best part of the program is your dedicated mentor who assists you with learning the concepts, while even providing additional resources to help you work through the problems.
    From my experience, all the questions I had were answered by the really wonderful staff members through email or Slack. Whether it's the technical support team who will answer challenging tasks questions or the community managers and mentors in the interacting platform. There's always someone to answer my question and it seems like they really care about the students' progress and they are eager to see them finish the course successfully.
     During the course, they offer coursework to prepare for applying for jobs however I found it hard to balance that with my main coursework. But you can wait until after graduation and they are still there to help you prepare. We will have your dedicated career coach who will show you a great way to contact the employer yourself. The amount of job support you get is good for the price of the course and they do also have various payment options available according to your need.
    With the growing number of boot camps out there, I think it can be difficult to take the leap and jump in, and I recognize that there was a bit of luck that went into my success, but if you are curious about software Development and able to work hard to develop your portfolio, I think Thinkful is worth looking into.
  • Emma  User Photo
    Emma • UX Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is a great remote UX/UI design program focused on learning design thinking, user research/testing, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, content strategy, information architecture, and branding. I learned industry-based practices and design process standards focused on UX research, visual design, and front-end development.

The program is not everyone's style; expect to work very hard, but to have the support. It's very much about what you put into the program, and then you will get it back.

I felt very supported by my mentor, instructors, and everyone involved within the program.
  • Lexi Green   User Photo
    Lexi Green • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Thinkful's staff, curriculum, resources, and interface are all so thoughtful, informative, reasonable, and designed to be complimentary to its students and the changing needs of a technology based society. I was blown away by how often our instructors and staff members took the time to check in with us during our day. I always felt supported, listened to, and cared about. Although the program was challenging and isn't everyone's learning style, whenever I felt stuck, unsure, or needing additional resources Thinkful always had them at the ready with multiple options.

Handling Excel, SQL, Tableau, and Python as our main units I feel like we were prepare for the real world though I do wish we had been able to put them into play with our capstone projects a bit more. No program is perfect and I love that Thinkful gave me the tools to be able to know that these tools are the ones I'd like to practice on my own moving forward. For me personally- the curriculum and staff made all the difference in this program. Those factors were pinnacle for me and as I just graduated last month a job assistance has been overwhelmingly wonderful as well.

I would and have highly recommend this program and Thinkful in general to others!
  • Liron  User Photo
    Liron • Jr. Software Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub
    Signing up for Thinkful has been the best decision I've made in my life. I did their Software Engineering Immersion Program from November 2020 to April 2021 where I gained all the skills and knowledge necessary for a successful career in dev and it opened a lot of doors for me that I didn't even know existed. Thanks to Thinkful, my mentor, TAs, instructors, and their post-graduation career assistance, I am now a contributor to an emerging organization's website and a full time software engineer at a highly respected company in Los Angeles.

I have to say, though, that this isn't for everyone and you really have to be dedicated and passionate in order to succeed.
  • Esau  User Photo
    Esau • Social Media Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Not going to lie I was at a crossroads. Asking myself What is my life? Where am I going? What does school and employment even look like anymore? I did a lot of research and Thinkful was on the pricey side, but ultimately I think I made the best decision.

New grads find themselves knowledgable and still unemployed. So, education is hardly a way to find yourself gainfully employed.

I do believe that a lot of capable and smart individuals find themselves unable to breakthrough into new careers. This was definitely the case for me. I do not think.

The coursework was good and clear to understand. Do you learn everything you will ever need to participate in the ever changing world of tech through these courses alone? No! And if anyone is selling that to you, they are lying. Learning never stops, in any career.

Thinkful, is innovative in the way that it decides to approach education plus prep work. The fact that my assignments were also projects that let me speak in the language and practice digital marketing skills were easy add-on to my portfolio and definitely helped get freelance clients and interviews.

After completing the course, which took me about 12 weeks ( my life definitely had some turns, everyone was really understanding) I moved on to the job search.

There was a moment during the search ( actually multiple moments), where I felt that I would never get a job! My Career Coach, who is amazing (shout out to Tori), was very real about this. Gave me stats like- most people apply to 200 jobs and only get one job offer.

Finally, one day after so many rejection emails for about 2 months, I found myself moving to Austin with one great job offer at a HUGE tech company.

My Mentor, Jill was amazing we still chat today. It is great to hear from someone who also has a lot of real insight on how the DM world is and how it moves.

I loved the brief interactions we had with students. They were not plentiful for me, but they were nice. I saw many ages, experiences and cultural/ethnic backgrounds represented. This was super important to me.

I would reach out to some of them to ask for help and ideas and most were super nice in helping me out.

Not going to lie, Thinkful will not solve all your problems. But, if you see it as a viable opportunity and try everything with the best intent, then you can find yourself in a new career, job, life etc.

Ok enough of my rant. I will conclude with letting you know that:
    - I am glad I did not use another course provider
    - I did get the help in the job search I was looking for
    - I got the job I wanted
    - My pay did go up compared to my other job
    - I needed a little me time after working on the course and going through life, Covid, work etc.

Thankful for all of the staff that helped me,

Esau
  • Geraldine D.  User Photo
    Geraldine D. • Healthcare Data Analyst • Verified via LinkedIn
    I enjoyed my time at Thinkful, and had a great career coach that helped me land a job soon after. The only frustrating part of Thinkful is their antiquated career coach module - they need to not only update what will be necessary for resumes and interviewing, but the attitude of the reviewers are too calloused and unhelpful, and led to some of my peers to experience burn out even before the intensive program was finished.
  • Mehmet Ozkemah  User Photo
    Mehmet Ozkemah • Ass. Director Field Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The program was intensive and sometimes challenging. However, worth it. Success depends on how hard you work. They lead you to move in the right direction, and you push yourself to learn. End of the course, I got my dream job, and all my hard work paid off!

Thinkful Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 9 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Thinkful CIRR report here