thinkful-logo

Thinkful

Thinkful

Thinkful, a Chegg service, provides every adult learner with a pathway to a rewarding career. This online bootcamp offers fast-paced, career-focused programs in Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, and Technical Project Management. These programs are offered in part-time and full-time formats. Students commit 20-25 hours per week in the part-time format, and up to 60 hours in the full-time option. All programs include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and Q&A sessions with industry professionals.

On top of learning the most up-to-date industry skills, students benefit from 1-on-1 mentorship, and receive career support from the day they enroll. Students continue to get personalized support from a dedicated career coach for six months after graduation, or until they’re hired. Each student graduates with a professional portfolio, interview experience, and the tools they need to navigate the job market. Students join a community of 3,000+ learners and mentors to get on-demand help and build a professional network.

Thinkful also offers an expanding list of flexible payment options. Thinkful students are empowered to balance life and learning, and can complete any of the part-time programs even if they plan to keep working in an existing job. They can access course materials from anywhere in the world.

Prospective students can apply via Thinkful.com, and schedule a call to chat with an advisor.

Recent Thinkful Reviews: Rating 4.56

all (906) reviews for Thinkful →

Recent Thinkful News

Read all (115) articles about Thinkful →
  • Data Analytics Flex

Data Analytics , Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, Excel, MySQL, Python, SQL
    Set your schedule in a program built to turn your into a highly-paid data analyst in six months. Benefit from one-on-one mentorship, career guidance, and community support from enroll to hire.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/flexible/#pricing
    ScholarshipSelf-identifying women and US military members (active or discharged) are eligible for reduced tuition.
  • Data Analytics Immersion

SQL, Python, MySQL, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Business Intelligence
    A rigorous and structured full-time program built to get you a job as a data analyst. Benefit from instructor-led learning, a virtual classroom environment, 1-on-1 mentorship, and a robust support team.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/full-time/#pricing
  • Data Science Flex

Algorithms, Data Science, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Python, Spark, SQL
    A flexible, online data science course aimed at helping you launch a career. One-on-one mentorship, professional guidance, and a robust community network are on hand to help you succeed in this highly advanced profession.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/flexible/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Digital Marketing Flex

SEO, Growth Hacking, Digital Marketing, Data Analytics
    Learn the technical skills needed to build an audience, create a brand, and drive sales. Study with a flexible, online schedule, a personal mentor, and peer groups. Professional career coaches guide you with networking advice and personalized resume tips to help secure a high-income marketing role.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/digital-marketing/flexible/#pricing
  • Engineering Flex

React.js, Node.js, JavaScript, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS
    A flexible program built to get you a career in full-stack web development. Study online at a pace that works for you, while a team of mentors, career coaches, and peers guides you every step of the way.
  • Engineering Immersion

CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, React.js
    A fast-tracked, full time program of online classes, mentorship, and career coaching. Skills, tools, and the support you need to become a highly paid full-stack web developer.
  • Technical Project Management Flex

Break into tech as a project manager. Learn how to plan, schedule, and budget in a business setting while developing the leadership skills for long-term career growth. A flexible format that works around your schedule, with industry mentors and career support until you’re hired.
  • UX/UI Flex

Design, Front End, User Experience Design, CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery
    Set your schedule with an online program aimed at taking you from newbie to a confident, highly-paid product designer. Learn the skills and the best way to present them with a team of mentors, career coaches, and community supporters.
  • UX/UI Immersion

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Git, Front End, Design, CSS
    Learn career-ready skills in research, web design, and teamwork on your path to a high-paying role in UX/UI. One-on-one mentorship, interview prep and community support take you from newbie to hired and beyond.
  • Data Analytics
    - 6/16/2021
    Stephanie Gomez  User Photo
    Stephanie Gomez • Verified via LinkedIn
    Thinkful is a great way to jumpstart your career in the tech world. It opens you up to opportunities and the modules are easy to understand. I received the help I needed when I got stuck and learned the skills needed to be valuable to employers. I was able to get out of my dead end job and am excited for what the future holds.
  • Anthony  User Photo
    Anthony • Growth Marketing Manager • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you're starting out and you don't know anything about Vlookups, Match Index, or Joins, this is perfect. If you're slightly familiar this will give you a formalized training. The mentors are super professional and
  • Data Analyst
    - 6/9/2021
    Armend Pashtriku  User Photo
    Armend Pashtriku • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overall, a great course to get the base understanding of data analyst skills you'll need to use on the job.
  • Tiarah K.  User Photo
    Tiarah K. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    A little over a week ago, I completed the Immersive UX/UI program at Thinkful. The program is intensive; there was a lot of information to take in in five months; nevertheless, they were willing to work with me based on my situation. Thinkful's support and the academic team are fantastic; they understand that life is full of unpredictable events, and they were willing to support me based on my situation. My family and I are deeply affected by COVID-19, my ASM, mentor, and the academic team were able to help me and give me options to remain enrolled to complete the program. Thinkful offers a wide range of tuition options; my family and I benefited much from the ISA + stipend. Overall, I believe the curriculum adequately equipped me for my new career in user experience and interface design. Each week we got a deeper understanding of each phase in the design process. All of the instructors and ASM's are professional and knowledgeable, and so are most mentors. Upon graduating, I've been working closely with a careers specialist who has been assisting me in finding work with my new profound knowledge.
  • UX Design Grad
    - 6/7/2021
    Melissa D.  User Photo
    Melissa D. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I recently completed the UX Design Immersion program. I'm really glad I did it, though I am still looking for a job (I just graduated 2 weeks ago - why I left the job Assistance as N/A, though they do seem to have a great assistance program from what I can tell.) Some other students in my cohort were already interviewing/landed roles before graduation but they tended to have some background in design already. I think this program is a great way to get into UX and really teaches you everything you need to know. It moves fast though and we didn't often revisit topics once we had moved on (so take good notes and look at them again later.) My only critiques would be that student should receive more hands on training in the design software (Figma) and the web building platform (Webflow for building our portfolio). Just because I am able to pass a design assignment doesn't necessarily mean I did it in the most efficient way possible, ya know? YouTube and forums help and further self study with the software is recommended if you want to get the most out of it. That should be exciting not daunting - this is our careers we are talking about so hit it hard because this is all for you!
  • Daniel Renfro  User Photo
    Daniel Renfro • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I recently graduated from Thinkful in March of 2021. My experience with Thinkful was for sure a mixed bag of some amazing experiences and then several regrettable situations. I had heard about Thinkful from a friend who had been through their program 3 years before. He raved about the mentorship and the pair-programming that happened through the program to help you learn software development. The mentor assigned to me was AMAZING. He went above and beyond to serve and help me survive a very rocky cohort. However, by the time I started the program they had switched models from pair-programming to working in online remote teams of 4 to 5 people. These teams were loosely structured and didn't provide enough accountability or support through the program to really help. The reason I signed up for the Engineering Immersion program was that I knew accountability, camaraderie, and going through this tough program with others would be crucial to my success. However, two months into the program I found myself working alone for the last 3 months. This made finishing the program much harder and more grueling. Although I have heard that they have since restructured their team structures to be more involved and structured, my experience with this was very negative.

Another unfortunate situation in my cohort was that they removed Office Hours as something that was offered to students at the beginning of my program. I signed up for this program thinking that was something that would be included in my support structure only to have it taken away a couple of weeks into the program. This was disappointing and frustrating to have the program changed on you once you had already begun.

To discuss other aspects of the program. The curriculum was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed learning from it! My Academic Success Manager was PHENOMENAL and was wholeheartedly dedicated to my success! If it had not been for her, I do not think I would have survived this program. The majority of the teachers were excellent and very helpful. I only had one instructor who I found to be subpar during my REACT section of the program. The TAs were very mixed for me. For some of them, it didn't feel like they knew what in the world they were doing and consistently wasted my time trying to help me solve a problem. However, there were some amazing TAs who were repeatedly helpful and amazing! As I mentioned above, my mentor was phenomenal, though I definitely heard from other students that their mentors were subpar. My advice would be not to hesitate to ask for a new mentor if you find yourself in the latter situation. The career coaches have been exemplary. Every single one of them I've had contact with has been exceptional. Some say they are the highest value part of this program.

The reason that I believe that I can still leave a good review for Thinkful is the team that surrounded me on my journey. They supported me and helped me every step of the way and without them, there would be no way that I would ever have graduated from this program. Bootcamps are unmistakably hard and difficult programs and Thinkful isn't perfect. But if you are committed to learning Software Development and want a jumpstart to getting into the industry, I believe it is an excellent route to go.
  • Anya  User Photo
    Anya • Gurevich Verified via GitHub
    I graduated from the Immersion Software Engineering program a month ago. Overall, the course was paced very quickly and, unless you have prior experience with code, prepare to spend the majority of your free time trying to dissect the material. The coursework is broken down into modules and, within each module, there is a checkpoint with an assessment (this is autograded for the most part) that will need to be completed. There are a few capstone projects which make good portfolio features and there are several technical assessments in the form of a live interview that you have to pass in order to graduate.

This autograding system, I learned, was a new addition to the course and my cohort was the first the experience it. That being said, there were quite a few bugs that posed significant challenges in getting the material completed; however, the academic success team is quite flexible and, so long as you are forthcoming and an active communicator, you will not be penalized for missing a deadline for a valid reason. I'd also like to shout out the team who handles bug reports and any curriculum-specific concerns -- they were highly responsive and invested in fixing and improving upon what was already there. They were also quite eager to receive feedback and actively sought it out.

The quality of the instructors varied and while none of them were "bad" in any capacity, some definitely outshone the rest in terms of enthusiasm, general knowledge, and control of the flow of the class. A lot of the work throughout the day is done in groups which are randomly reassigned on a weekly basis. The expectation is that you'll have your webcam on the entire time and are present and interacting with your group members.

Overall, I had to use a lot of outside resources to get my work done but as a dev this is pretty typical. Referencing official documentation is relied on and heavily encouraged! I didn't find the workload to be more than I could handle but I also spent pretty much every waking moment doing something related to the course.

The careers team blew me away. As soon as I graduated, they contacted me and sent me dozens of job listings daily, and made connections for me. They checked in often and were so quick to respond. I genuinely felt that they had my best interests at heart and, thanks entirely to them, I was referred to a company and accepted a position within three weeks of graduation.
  • Jackie Ferrazzi  User Photo
    Jackie Ferrazzi • Senior Data Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I enrolled in the program July 2020, completed curriculum (with a full time remote job) in December 2020, officially graduated January 2021, and accepted a position in the field in May 2021.

Pros
    The curriculum was written and paced well enough for someone with no coding experience to complete. That's not to say it was easy. I spent a lot of time reading, re-reading, and annotating notebooks to grasp concepts. But it's for sure do-able. I have a match background which helped some. Plus, if you do get stuck, you can ask your mentor, utilize a chat feature, or post in the Slack community (after Googling & checking Stack Overflow of course).

The mentorship received from your one on one mentor is amazing! Having someone to ask questions to, get feedback or different ideas from, or even ask for resources on topics was extremely helpful throughout the process.

The careers counseling after graduation is top notch! The resources of a personal careers counselor, with "curriculum," around networking, LinkedIn, resume/cover letter, applying, and negotiating were beyond my expectations. Definitely utilize these recourses as much as possible.

Thinkful's Data Science Flex program was more affordable than other similar boot camps. I heard others complain about the financing but I don't have experience with that aspect.

Cons
    The grading thoroughness was inconsistent, depending on who graded your work.

I had a great experience with my mentor at first but that changed about halfway through the program as they took on 15 additional students when enrollment in the Data Analyst program got an unexpected boost, started missing scheduled meetings, showed up delirious once, and wouldn't communicate scheduling issues ahead of time. They tried to make up for it by continuing to meet after graduation, but issues persisted. I am totally aware this could be a one off experience and would reiterate this mentor was great at first and still very much value this mentor's feedback as we keep in touch.

There were featured added to the program that enrollees right after me got that I didn't and couldn't get access to. For example, the Python Skills Assessments, maybe modules too, are on the Qualified platform. Because I had already finished that module by the time Thinkful implemented it, I couldn't get access to it. I thought the experience on Qualified's platform could've prepared me better for take home assignments/challenges that companies give through similar platforms.
  • PERN Full-stack
    - 6/4/2021
    Michael Oldacre  User Photo
    Michael Oldacre • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Overall I found the course to be quite engaging and comprehensive when learning full-stack web development. Having taken several programming classes in college years prior to Thinkful, I never fully grasped creating a completely functional program until I took the boot camp.
    Pros:
    • The PERN Stack is what is being taught
    • It is taught in a logical, ordered manner from front-end, back-end, then database
    • Many different technologies and frameworks are introduced
    • You'll have a completed portfolio by the end
    • You have mentoring sessions to supplement the class time

Cons:
    • Some tools are outdated
    • The pace can be quite fast
    • Some material, in my opinion, needs to be expounded upon
    • The data structures and algorithms section really needs to be taught more thoroughly

If you're thinking about taking the web development immersion course, you can succeed as long as you treat it like a real job and dedicate as much as possible to completing the assignments and doing the readings. In the end, you'll be impressed with how much you've learned and can start as a junior developer confidently.
  • Christina  User Photo
    Christina • Senior UX/UI Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had been working as a graphic designer for 8 years and came to a point where I was bored, feeling like my skills were becoming increasingly irrelevant, and wanting more out of my career. After doing some searching online for ways to build my skills/make a career move, I came across Thinkful's UX/UI Design Flex bootcamp. Everything about it sounded exactly like the career move I was looking for, and it worked great with my schedule.

After completing the program, I can't say enough how grateful I am for the mentorship and coaching, as well as the relevant coursework. 6 months after graduating, I've landed my dream job making more money that I ever thought possible for myself. What I will say is that you get out of it what you put in. If you go into it with a hunger to learn and the humility to receive constructive feedback, you will succeed. My advice to anyone who takes the program is to gain as much relevant experience during and after the program i.e. volunteer work, internships, etc.
  • Sabrina  User Photo
    Sabrina • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The curriculum is easily digestible and the instructors genuinely care about our success. Thinkful definitely made me passionate about design and helped me kickstart my career quickly. That being said, I wish the curriculum included more in-depth information about front and back-end work as well as how to use portfolio building sites. My overall experience with Thinkful has been excellent.

Thinkful Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 9 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Thinkful CIRR report here