thinkful-logo

Thinkful

Thinkful

Thinkful, a Chegg service, provides every adult learner with a pathway to a rewarding career. This online bootcamp offers fast-paced, career-focused programs in Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, and Technical Project Management. These programs are offered in part-time and full-time formats. Students commit 20-25 hours per week in the part-time format, and up to 60 hours in the full-time option. All programs include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and Q&A sessions with industry professionals.

On top of learning the most up-to-date industry skills, students benefit from 1-on-1 mentorship, and receive career support from the day they enroll. Students continue to get personalized support from a dedicated career coach for six months after graduation, or until they’re hired. Each student graduates with a professional portfolio, interview experience, and the tools they need to navigate the job market. Students join a community of 3,000+ learners and mentors to get on-demand help and build a professional network.

Thinkful also offers an expanding list of flexible payment options. Thinkful students are empowered to balance life and learning, and can complete any of the part-time programs even if they plan to keep working in an existing job. They can access course materials from anywhere in the world.

Prospective students can apply via Thinkful.com, and schedule a call to chat with an advisor.

Recent Thinkful Reviews: Rating 4.56

all (906) reviews for Thinkful →

Recent Thinkful News

Read all (115) articles about Thinkful →
  • Data Analytics Flex

Data Analytics , Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, Excel, MySQL, Python, SQL
    Set your schedule in a program built to turn your into a highly-paid data analyst in six months. Benefit from one-on-one mentorship, career guidance, and community support from enroll to hire.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/flexible/#pricing
    ScholarshipSelf-identifying women and US military members (active or discharged) are eligible for reduced tuition.
  • Data Analytics Immersion

SQL, Python, MySQL, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Business Intelligence
    A rigorous and structured full-time program built to get you a job as a data analyst. Benefit from instructor-led learning, a virtual classroom environment, 1-on-1 mentorship, and a robust support team.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/full-time/#pricing
  • Data Science Flex

Algorithms, Data Science, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Python, Spark, SQL
    A flexible, online data science course aimed at helping you launch a career. One-on-one mentorship, professional guidance, and a robust community network are on hand to help you succeed in this highly advanced profession.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/flexible/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Digital Marketing Flex

SEO, Growth Hacking, Digital Marketing, Data Analytics
    Learn the technical skills needed to build an audience, create a brand, and drive sales. Study with a flexible, online schedule, a personal mentor, and peer groups. Professional career coaches guide you with networking advice and personalized resume tips to help secure a high-income marketing role.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/digital-marketing/flexible/#pricing
  • Engineering Flex

React.js, Node.js, JavaScript, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS
    A flexible program built to get you a career in full-stack web development. Study online at a pace that works for you, while a team of mentors, career coaches, and peers guides you every step of the way.
  • Engineering Immersion

CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, React.js
    A fast-tracked, full time program of online classes, mentorship, and career coaching. Skills, tools, and the support you need to become a highly paid full-stack web developer.
  • Technical Project Management Flex

Break into tech as a project manager. Learn how to plan, schedule, and budget in a business setting while developing the leadership skills for long-term career growth. A flexible format that works around your schedule, with industry mentors and career support until you’re hired.
  • UX/UI Flex

Design, Front End, User Experience Design, CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery
    Set your schedule with an online program aimed at taking you from newbie to a confident, highly-paid product designer. Learn the skills and the best way to present them with a team of mentors, career coaches, and community supporters.
  • UX/UI Immersion

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Git, Front End, Design, CSS
    Learn career-ready skills in research, web design, and teamwork on your path to a high-paying role in UX/UI. One-on-one mentorship, interview prep and community support take you from newbie to hired and beyond.
  • Nathanael Washington  User Photo
    Nathanael Washington • Junior Data Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    My time at Thinkful was a great experience, from the staff to the fellow members of my cohort, my time spent during my journey at Thinkful was great. Although it takes a lot to transfer careers during a pandemic, with the help of my mentor and world-class instructors I was able to understand the concepts of Data Analytics we were learning. It takes a lot of commitment to complete the course and land a job but if you follow all the steps laid out during Bootcamp you can easily achieve your goals of landing a job. I completed the full immersion Data Analytics Bootcamp it took a full commitment of 60 hours plus weekly to complete, so plan on dedicating as much of your life as possible to this but it is well worth it. Working with the other members of the cohort was great also working together to study, helped reinforce concepts and make life-long connections you might need in the future. I only wish that maybe the course was a week or two longer just to get deeper on more intermediate skills in Python or Excel to better prepare for the technical interviews in the real world.  There were ups and downs as expected but through working with my ASM, mentor, and career coach I was able to land a new career with an amazing startup!
  • Alejandro   User Photo
    Alejandro • BI Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
    The course was great at getting me up to speed on all the tools that modern day data analyst use. The job assistance at the end was really helpful. Work really hard during your job assistance and they will work for you. My only honest negative feedback is that companies don't care of you have a certificate from a bootcamp, there are so many now. So don't use the course certificate as a reason to get a job. You will still have to find some type of experience before landing a full-time job unless you're lucky.
  • It paid off
    - 8/3/2021
    Greg J.  User Photo
    Greg J. • Jr. Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was able to transition from PLC programming in the manufacturing industry into software development. Fantastic curriculum, great mentors. I would recommend this to anyone.
  • Tatia  User Photo
    Tatia • Support Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Thinkful was a great program. I was one of the last students to be on the older curriculum and watched as they updated all information and lessons to include more modern information. I managed to get a job just under one month after I graduated. My favorite part was having my weekly mentor meetings. He was really great and flexible with his time. The curriculum is text-based, short sections with assignments (sometimes graded) at the end. They have a really active discord channel, full of incredibly helpful students, mentors, and other staff. The community is a large part of my success. The job assistance was everything I could expect from a Bootcamp. They don't give you a job, but you get a career coach who helps you with everything when you graduated. She suggests jobs for you, helps you with your LinkedIn and resume, and supports you through the whole interview process. She exceeded my expectations.
  • Md Tauhidul Islam  User Photo
    Md Tauhidul Islam • Full Stack Developer • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you are reading this, be sure to learn a programming language possibly javascript or python yourself for at least a month. Then, if you feel comfortable coding and solving problems be ready to commit 500%. After that, when you compare other coding bootcamps you will find this is the best place you can think of when you are to do a complete career shift. Because you will get the best instructors, you will get a mentor, you will have a career coach who in my opinion excel above and beyond to get you to where you want to be.
  • Avinash   User Photo
    Avinash • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The perfect mix of working at your own pace and support from mentor, coach, and other students. I completed the Engineering Flex program and it was a fun experience. Prior to this program, I had no coding background but the mentors, and peers helped me through the process.
  • Greg  User Photo
    Greg • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Thinkful is an offshoot of Chegg, there's a bit of leftover cross-over so some workers will have Chegg. The content and the staff themselves are what make the difference.

The ability to talk with someone about the coding and programming you are doing was everything for me. Was within a few minutes of talking to a teaching assistant while working on SQL, Excel, Tableau, and Python. These skills are important for everyone in the data fields.

The course is designed for beginners, if you have coding or programming experience it is going to be a challenge to learn new skills, but it won't be impossible to pass. If you do not have any experience then it will be a great program for you. The team environment is an important feature of this program.

I started in a cohort of 15, by four weeks in, we were down to 7.

The program is not easy, but it's not impossible.

I am great friends with my mentor, my teachers, and my classmates.

Thinkful is a nice with nice people.

Highly recommend. Thinking about it, shoot me a message on LinkedIn:
  • Alexis Beckman  User Photo
    Alexis Beckman • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Thinkful's engineering flex program is exactly what I was looking for! Perfect mix of working at your own pace and support from mentor, coach, and other students. They are always updating the material with the latest information and listening to student needs/wants.
  • Autumn  User Photo
    Autumn • Marketing Strategist • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took part in Thinkful's UX/UI Design Flex program from September 2020-June 2021.

It was a weird time to take on a new project with the pandemic, my home state being on fire and being job limbo. In spite of the word seemingly to be ending I decided to move forward with my plans to take this course.

Overall I had a great experience. I'm not a school person and usually stray away from things that are structured. This program was the perfect balance of structure and ability to be self paced for me. I had 4 mentors throughout the program and gained a TON of relevant knowledge from them throughout the program. Every question I had would get answered in a way that directly related to what would be relevant in a professional setting.  I asked one of my graders to be my mentor after my second presentation because I was having a hard time understanding user flows and the research side of things. He was more than willing and it was very easy to make the switch. I liked that I was able to take charge of what I needed and that my decisions were supported by my team.

I got hired as a digital marketing strategist in the middle of the program. Taking on a new job while in the program was a lot to handle so I ended up asking for an extension because I fell behind. The program is flexible but there are deadlines and you only have a limited amount of time to get certain things done. Don't start the program and expect it to be easy because it's not. You learn a lot in a short period of time. Being able to make time to really digest what I was learning was challenging at times.

I was able to use my work for my 3rd project and I've gotten a few interviews just from that one experience. If you do the program I'd recommend positioning yourself in a job that is relevant to the career you hope to have post program! For me working at a company that I could connect what I was learning in school to my day to day helped me understand things faster than I think I would have.

I would definitely recommend Thinkful to anyone interested in UX/UI. I got a 33% raise after using my company as a project and showing them that my UX experience increased conversion rates. I still haven't gotten a UX job (I graduated 2 weeks ago when writing this and honestly haven't applied to a ton of places yet) but I've had 3 interviews which is great! Also my overall "worth" as an employee/ freelancer I would say went from 20 ish dollars an hour to closer to 30-35 just by having the certification. I don't have a college degree so that's pretty awesome!

For me this program was a great way to dip my toes into what is possible in this field and discovering my strengths.

I honestly really loved this program, it was harder than I expected but the challenge was fun! I love that I was able to learn so much and meet so many kind hearted professionals.

Tip: If you do the program add your graders on linked in and do informational interviews with them! They give great genuine feedback and have been in your shoes! I loved getting to know people who worked for companies like the New York Times or have worked for big marketing agencies. It's really helpful to ask what their UX path was like and play with what yours might be!

Also! The careers team is so sweet and the ASM I worked with was very encouraging! (ASM is who helps keep you on track to graduate and helps you make a plan if you fall behind) She was super real and I never felt embarrassed that I was struggling when I talked with her.  This program really meets you where your at and gives you the push you need!

It gets hard at times but push through it! There are some people who dropped because it got to be too much. I almost did! I'm glad that I choose to do nothing on the weekends and get this stuff done because now I feel like I have so many opportunities in front of me! Which is great because I'll definitely be making more money moving forward either at my current job or when I get hired somewhere else!

DO IT!
  • Marie  User Photo
    Marie • Verified via LinkedIn
    For someone that is completely new to tech, I think I did pretty well. Yes, it’s not easy but that is part of the struggle and it’s up to you how you move forward. I chose the Data Flex program because I feel that I learn more when I read and do the exercises on my own. At time, I’d get stuck and I’ll go on the slack to seek guidance or wait for my mentor meeting. My mentor was amazing. He’s very knowledgeable of the industry and the school material. The only things that Thinkful struggles with at times was their mock interviews or temporary mentors and scheduling. There was times that I would book a mock interview a couple of days in advance and use their calendry system, but for whatever reason, the interviewer would be unaware. Not sure why that happened a couple of times but once I’d meet up with them, they would make it up and give great feedback.  I am not yet employed, but I am confident I will find a job with the skills I earned.
  • Robert Coleman  User Photo
    Robert Coleman • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Thinkful offered to let me take a course and only pay if I found a job.  I retired a couple of years ago as a software engineer.  I wanted to go back to work but also change my field a little.  The data analytics flex course allowed me to go at my own pace. The information was presented with lots of examples and gives a great foundation in excel, Tableau and Python.  I was very impressed.  I was offered a job 2 weeks after I graduated.  Well worth the time spent.
  • Shehneela Arshi  User Photo
    Shehneela Arshi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I just graduated from Thinkful and I had an absolutely fantastic experience overall. Starting from no experience in SQL, Python or Tableau, I am now confident enough to try and attempt projects on my own. Like any other boot-camp, it is a given that you will not have the complete knowledge of the subject that you are studying but the important thing is that you leave with a solid foundation that allows you to build on it and that is what I have. The instructors and the career guides are extremely helpful, there are tools available to help you throughout the course, just make sure you are aware of all the tools available to utilize them to the best of your advantage. I would highly recommend the course to anyone new to the field of Data Analytics.

Thinkful Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 9 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Thinkful CIRR report here