thinkful-logo

Thinkful

Thinkful

Thinkful, a Chegg service, provides every adult learner with a pathway to a rewarding career. This online bootcamp offers fast-paced, career-focused programs in Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Technical Project Management. These programs are offered in part-time and full-time formats. Students commit 20-25 hours per week in the part-time format, and up to 60 hours in the full-time option. All programs include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and Q&A sessions with industry professionals.

On top of learning the most up-to-date industry skills, students benefit from 1-on-1 mentorship, and receive career support from the day they enroll. Students continue to get personalized support from a dedicated career coach for six months after graduation, or until they’re hired. Each student graduates with a professional portfolio, interview experience, and the tools they need to navigate the job market. Students join a community of 3,000+ learners and mentors to get on-demand help and build a professional network.

Thinkful also offers an expanding list of flexible payment options. Thinkful students are empowered to balance life and learning, and can complete any of the part-time programs even if they plan to keep working in an existing job. They can access course materials from anywhere in the world.

Prospective students can apply via Thinkful.com, and schedule a call to chat with an advisor.

Recent Thinkful Reviews: Rating 4.55

all (768) reviews for Thinkful →

Recent Thinkful News

Read all (110) articles about Thinkful →
  • Data Analytics Flex

MySQL, Data Visualization, Excel, Data Analytics , Business Intelligence, SQL, Python
    Set your schedule in a program built to turn your into a highly-paid data analyst in six months. Benefit from one-on-one mentorship, career guidance, and community support from enroll to hire.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/flexible/#pricing
    ScholarshipSelf-identifying women and US military members (active or discharged) are eligible for reduced tuition.
  • Data Analytics Immersion

A rigorous and structured full-time program built to get you a job as a data analyst. Benefit from instructor-led learning, a virtual classroom environment, 1-on-1 mentorship, and a robust support team.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/full-time/#pricing
  • Data Science Flex

Data Science, Hadoop, Spark, Algorithms, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
    A flexible, online data science course aimed at helping you launch a career. One-on-one mentorship, professional guidance, and a robust community network are on hand to help you succeed in this highly advanced profession.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/flexible/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Data Science Immersion

Data Science, Hadoop, Spark, Algorithms, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
    An accelerated online program of classes, mentorship, and professional guidance designed to get you a career in data science, fast. This advanced program is designed to serve the needs of equipping degree graduates with the data science skillset they need to obtain a career in their field of study.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/full-time/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Digital Marketing Flex

Digital Marketing, Growth Hacking, SEO, Data Analytics
    Learn the technical skills needed to build an audience, create a brand, and drive sales. Study with a flexible, online schedule, a personal mentor, and peer groups. Professional career coaches guide you with networking advice and personalized resume tips to help secure a high-income marketing role.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/digital-marketing/flexible/#pricing
  • Digital Marketing Immersion

Digital Marketing, Growth Hacking, SEO, Data Analytics
    The fastest way to launch your marketing career. Create campaigns and analyze results as you learn relevant, up-to-date technical skills. Showcase your knowledge with an interview-ready portfolio that stands out and earns job offers. Enroll now, and pay nothing until you’ve graduated and landed a job.
    Options:
  • Engineering Flex

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    A flexible program built to get you a career in full-stack web development. Study online at a pace that works for you, while a team of mentors, career coaches, and peers guides you every step of the way.
  • Engineering Immersion

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    A fast-tracked, full time program of online classes, mentorship, and career coaching. Skills, tools, and the support you need to become a highly paid full-stack web developer.
  • Technical Project Management Flex

Break into tech as a project manager. Learn how to plan, schedule, and budget in a business setting while developing the leadership skills for long-term career growth. A flexible format that works around your schedule, with industry mentors and career support until you’re hired.
  • Technical Project Management Immersion

The fastest path to a project management career. Learn to leverage the tools used by top employers in this full-time, online course. Work through a project-based course that builds your portfolio with the support of industry experts, a rigorous curriculum, and paired workshops.
  • UX/UI Flex

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
    Set your schedule with an online program aimed at taking you from newbie to a confident, highly-paid product designer. Learn the skills and the best way to present them with a team of mentors, career coaches, and community supporters.
  • UX/UI Immersion

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
    Learn career-ready skills in research, web design, and teamwork on your path to a high-paying role in UX/UI. One-on-one mentorship, interview prep and community support take you from newbie to hired and beyond.
  • Kevin • Account Manager
    This boot camp intensive equips students at any level to learn some of the industry-standard tools used in digital marketing today. The course is well-paced for a dedicated student committed to success. Treat it like a full-time job, as well as your job search afterwards. Like most things, you get out of it what you put into it. I found the course materials fun to work with, albeit sometimes a bit rudimentary and very basic (I understadn this is an advantage to students new to the field). I enjoyed the team-structure and task-sets we were assigned. I am very pleased with my portfolio and the chance to work with a non-profit, as well! Overall, great course.
  • CB • Graduate
    I took part in the digital marketing flex program at Thinkful. The curriculum touches on all of the important subjects in regards to today's digital marketing world and is up-to-date. All of the current platforms and topics are being discussed and taught in a logical order. As a flex student, you don't get to work with instructors or take part in the video/live sessions. You have a mentor though who will help you with your progress. Every chapter handles a different topic and you get to read through it, often filled with case studies, and examples. At the end of every chapter, there is a project for you to work on. This is how you apply the knowledge you have just gained and you can use these projects for your own personal portfolio. Every project is reviewed and you'll receive feedback. At the end of the program, you'll have a comprehensive portfolio that you can use for your career while applying for a job. Overall it's a great program and the career services afterward are extremely helpful.
  • Tim T. • Software Engineer • Graduate
    The program overall like most boot-camps boasts lots of material and resources, but I believe that the most important part my experience was with the mentoring and post class career stuff.  My mentor and I would talk about material and about other topics as well.  While sometimes we didn't have a lot to talk about there were real gems that I appreciated later down the line.  For example I learned about a new language(not in the material) on my own because our talks and it helped me get a role.  Post graduate stuff was great.  I regularly got a ton of resources and links to help in the search.  My resume was redone about 3 times, got a couple extra interviews and got into a mock interview pilot program.  Very nice for sure.

Lots of paired programming and capstone/portfolio opportunities for sure.  Good mix of full extensive and quick start explanations which serve well when you are trying to set up a project from the ground up.

The accountability from the environment is something that I needed for sure but with that said, having a self study attitude is still needed otherwise you get caught behind.  There can be a lot of reading but that's to be expected.  Much like lots of things , you get out what you put in.  Its really up to you to give it an honest try.

• Brian Gainer • Junior Project Manager • Graduate
    I had an incredible experience with THINKFUL's Technical Project Management Flex program:
    A very thorough program, in regards to preparing me for all aspects of my new position. The program doesn't just include job specific educational curriculum. They also set you up with LinkedIn, Resume, and Mock Interview modules, which is where they prime all of your marketable areas perfectly for the hiring process. I had a great experience with my THINKFUL mentor Dhyana, who I had scheduled multiple meetings with each week. She has real experience as a Project Manager and that speaks volumes to THINKFUL's mentor selection criteria for their programs. Very pleased and grateful for the experience with THINKFUL, and blessed to have accepted a full time offer and a nice pay bump before graduating! Fantastic ROI.
  • Digital Marketing
    - 3/15/2021
    kevin garcia • Marketer • Graduate
    I finished this course in the beginning of this year. During the whole time I was doing these courses I felt confidence in what I wanted to do with my career life. Thinkful helps you stand out in this difficult time of finding a career. They teach you how to represent yourself as professional and unique and you can make it. I'm very thankful for thinkful and all the amazing people that help me through my education journey.
  • Mr.
    - 3/10/2021
    Elijah • Marketing Manager
    Thinkful is for people who are serious about putting forth the effort in building a potential career path.

The instructors are genius and the program supports you even when after you graduate.

I am super grateful for my experience at Thinkful.

I recommend  100%!
  • Rene V. • Data Manager • Graduate
    Going through Thinkful to learn and hone my data analytical skills was one of the best things I have ever done.  The curriculum solidified skills I already had and taught me skills that I never would have thought I would be able to learn such as Python and SQL.

What is different about Thinkful is that not only do they teach you the skills necessary to perform the job, they provide skills on interviewing, culture fit, networking and cover letter/resume writing.  They provide the full gamut of landing your next job.  They even have a post curriculum career coach that works with you until you land your next job.

Because of Thinkful, I was able to make a career change and land a job as a Data Manager for an amazing company.  I will definitely turn to Thinkful for additional learning in Product Management and Data Science.
  • Jose Oseguera • Front End Web Developer • Graduate
    Thinkful is a great boot camp that is both flexible and structured in a way that most university courses would be. The curriculum is rigorous and thorough, but like any course, the student needs to put in the time to practice and do further research outside of class and pair-programming time. If you’re looking for a career change and/or already have a college degree in something other than computer science, then I’d recommend Thinkful. It will provide you with a solid foundation on which to build as you advance in your career. It doesn’t guarantee a job ( and neither does a bachelor’s or master’s in CS) but their career services are awesome and my career coach helped me so much so that I was able to find a great job only a month after graduating.
  • Amanda Excell • UX/UI Designer • Student
    The UX/UI Flex program is a 6 month part-time program. Overall I had a really enjoyable time.

Even from the start of onboarding with admissions, I felt safe and secure with my decision to hand my money over to them. Especially with the tuition guarantee (graduate with good academic standing, and if you don't get a job after 6 months post-graduation you may qualify for a refund).
    I appreciated how confident and knowledgeable the admissions staff were.

When it comes to curriculum, I feel like the projects were helpful in me getting experience in coming up with and executing an idea. My mentor (Rachel C.) was a perfect match for me and she was extremely helpful. I felt like my mentor sessions were extremely valuable to me because I was able to directly ask questions to an expert and working with her helped me feel more confident with my design decisions! I looked forward to my weekly meetings. Academic Success gave me the support I needed (especially when my cat was dying.) The entire Thinkful staff is very sweet and they genuinely want you to succeed.

My only complaint would have to be the specialization module. Since there are no assessments in that module it was difficult to understand the material or have any confirmation I was doing it right. If you take this course I recommend you do your specialization in UI design or UX research. I recommend not doing the front-end specialization (like I did).  My suggestion to Thinkful staff would be to add more video or temporarily pair us with a mentor who specializes in that module.

Overall the curriculum was good but may need some improvement in some areas. However, I'm happy with all the feedback I received on my assignments. And I'm proud of the portfolio I was able to come up with at the end of my course!

Now I'm on to the job hunting portion of this program and I'm already satisfied with the structure and support they give, so I'm confident I'll find a job within the given time frame.

Thank you Thinkful!

• Good Value
    - 3/9/2021
    Lee • SEO Strategist • Student
    I completed the Digital Marketing self-paced program in March 2021. I was able to complete my course 2 weeks early, without having to push too hard to do so, and was in a full load of college courses simultaneously, so if you're wondering if you can do both- it's possible. I found it to be a great intro to digital marketing. I would say if you are new to the field, this is a great entry-level, foot in the door way to get started. The modules are informative and well written, and the module projects were helpful in getting experience doing real-life digital marketing. I do wish there were more projects, but I am an experiential learner. The feedback from the graders was helpful in taking my projects to the next level. My mentor was an absolute gem with a ton of industry experience who really helped me navigate any obstacle that came my way. I am just starting with Career coaching, but I already love my coach and can see that we'll be doing a lot to make sure that I get hired. More than that, I will leave with an understanding of how hiring and recruiting works that I never had access to and that is invaluable.
  • Quinn C.
    The data analytics flex program is ideal for anyone looking to advance their careers who are working full time. Everything is on you, the individual. You are responsible for your learning from Day 1 until the day you graduate. This is perfect for people looking to study on their own time, being able to choose exactly when and for how long you study for. With that said, the support staff is excellent. I would go far as to say this is the program's strongest attribute. Meeting with a mentor that is in your field is crucial to furthering and reinforcing your understanding. The curriculum was exactly what I was looking for in terms of scope - Excel, SQL, Tableau, Stats, and Python. All are challenging but never dreadful to undertake. The only problem with the curriculum is its depth. A fair amount of topics are glossed over and offer a very brief explanation - even key concepts. As mentioned above, the learning is on you. Be prepared to seek additional information on the internet. It took me a while to understand this about the program - the program will get you off on the right foot for whatever you are learning but in order to really nail down your level of understanding you will most likely need to rely on additional sources and explanations. Furthermore, as with any new concept or field, you will not become a master in 1-2 months (within a tool like Excel, SQL, etc.) and certainly not the field of study you choose in 6 months. The program sets you on path to success and it is there to support you every step of the way. Just be aware you are an independent learner and must take on additional responsibility.

I typically spent roughly 15 hours a week studying (2-3 hours/day)  and upwards to 20-25 hours a week when working on a capstone project.
  • William • Graduate
    I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Thinkful. They offer good information where you are working on starting your career immediately. It is CLEARLY their focus to get you going. You will learn the different aspects of digital marketing and apply what you learn to your own portfolio by completing projects. Instructors will give you valuable insight to your projects.

I find that the best part about the Thinkful program is the mentorship and the career coaching you get with the program. They will give you amazing resources to use to advance your career. Their goal is to get you going. It has worked for me as I am now working for an agency.

Thank you Thinkful!

Thinkful Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 9 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Thinkful CIRR report here