thinkful-logo

Thinkful

Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York City, Online, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Raleigh, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa, Washington

Thinkful

Thinkful is an online school that equips students for new careers by offering online, fast-paced, job-ready programs in software engineering, data science, data analytics, design, and product management. Students learn cutting-edge industry standards, have 1-on-1 mentoring with an industry professional, and receive career services and job placement assistance to get a job in tech (and even offer a tuition refund guarantee). While Thinkful is an online platform, the school also has in-person communities in tech hubs around the US, where students can attend in-person events and classes.

Thinkful’s flagship programs are the 5-month Engineering Immersion and Data Science Immersion, Engineering Flex, Engineering Nights & Weekends, Data Science Flex, Product Design Flex, Product Management Flex, and Data Analytics Flex. All courses include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and daily mentor-hosted Q&A sessions with industry professionals. Students are expected to commit 50-60 hours per week for Immersion programs and 20 to 25 hours per week for Flexible programs. Thinkful students can set their schedules, learn while they can keep their jobs, and access course materials from anywhere in the world. Students join a community of 3000+ students and mentors on Slack to get on-demand code help and build a professional network. All graduates receive lifetime access to the course curriculum.

Thinkful offers all students career guidance to navigate the job market, build a professional portfolio, and prepare for interviews. All programs guarantee job placement in a qualifying position that is full-time and in-field. If students are not placed within 6 months of graduation, they get a 100% tuition refund.

Prospective students can apply via the Thinkful website, and schedule a call to chat with an advisor. It’s important to note that the Data Science Immersion and Flexible programs have more strict admissions requirements than other programs.

Recent Thinkful Reviews: Rating 4.62

all (535) reviews for Thinkful →

Recent Thinkful News

Read all (80) articles about Thinkful →
  • Data Analytics Flex

MySQL, Python, Data Visualization, SQL, Excel, Data Analytics , Business Intelligence
    LocationOnline, Detroit, Washington, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Chicago, Raleigh, Tampa, Miami, Orlando, San Francisco
    Set your schedule in a program built to turn your into a highly-paid data analyst in six months. Benefit from one-on-one mentorship, career guidance, and community support from enroll to hire.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/flexible/#pricing
    ScholarshipSelf-identifying women and US military members (active or discharged) are eligible for reduced tuition.
  • Data Analytics Immersion

A rigorous and structured full-time program built to get you a job as a data analyst. Benefit from instructor-led learning, a virtual classroom environment, 1-on-1 mentorship, and a robust support team.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/full-time/#pricing
  • Data Science Flex

Data Science, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Spark, Algorithms
    A flexible, online data science course aimed at helping you launch a career. One-on-one mentorship, professional guidance, and a robust community network are on hand to help you succeed in this highly advanced profession.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/flexible/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Data Science Immersion

Data Science, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Spark, Algorithms
    Start Date November 18, 2019
    An accelerated online program of classes, mentorship, and professional guidance designed to get you a career in data science, fast. This advanced program is designed to serve the needs of equipping degree graduates with the data science skillset they need to obtain a career in their field of study.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/full-time/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced degree
    November 18, 2019 - Online Apply by October 23, 2019
    January 2, 2020 - Online Apply by December 11, 2019
  • Engineering Flex

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    A flexible program built to get you a career in full-stack web development. Study online at a pace that works for you, while a team of mentors, career coaches, and peers guides you every step of the way.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/pricing/#financing
  • Engineering Immersion

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Start Date December 2, 2019
    A fast-tracked, full time program of online classes, mentorship, and career coaching. Skills, tools, and the support you need to become a highly paid full-stack web developer.
    December 2, 2019 - Online Apply by October 14, 2019
    January 6, 2020 - Online Apply by November 18, 2019
  • Engineering Nights & Weekends

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Start Date December 2, 2019
    An online program that will turn you into a full-stack web developer after hours. Work up from the fundamentals, write strong code, and build the perfect job-ready portfolio.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/web-development/nights-weekends/#pricing
    December 2, 2019 - Online Apply by October 14, 2019
    January 6, 2020 - Online Apply by November 18, 2019
  • Product Design Flex

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
    Set your schedule with an online program aimed at taking you from newbie to a confident, highly-paid product designer. Learn the skills and the best way to present them with a team of mentors, career coaches, and community supporters.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/product-design/flexible/#pricing
  • Product Management Flex

This flexible, online Product Management course is built to help you start a brand new, high-paying tech career. You’ll receive a personal mentor, work on real-world projects, and benefit from career coaches.

• Impressive Program
    - 5/22/2016
    Lynne W.

I've been in the Web Development Career Path track for almost a month and have been very impressed with the curriculum, the Thinkful community, the staff ,and my mentor. There's no doubt that the coursework is substantial, but Thinkful help and support is never far away. The Thinkful staff periodically reach out to see how I'm doing, I've already had one call to discuss career plans, and my mentor is awesome. The three sessions every week really help keep me on track (especially since I'm also working full-time) and it's great to discuss what I'm learning with someone who has been doing this work for years.

• TAComer • Web Engineer

I am a full-stack web developer with an background in illustration and painting. I hit a wall in my career and decieded to up my skills with the Modern Web Design course. The exercises were thorough and I learned a great deal about typography, design, logos, etc. My mentor was amazing, and we really worked well together. She gave me a lot of ideas and tools for finding inspiration on the web. This course and my mentor really helped enhance my skills and helped me to become a more aware and thoughtful front end developer. I am back on track and excited about what I have learned.

• UX Design
    - 5/17/2016
    Amanda • Production Designer • Graduate

My experience taking the UX Design course was pretty great! Unfortunately, when I first started the class I was paired with an instructor that was unable to attend meetings after the first week. I was paired with a new mentor after about a week. I was not refunded for my first 2 weeks (I had to start over with the new mentor). Once I was paired with Tom, everything was awesome! He simply explained any area of UX Design that I was struggling with, gave me great ideas, helped me realize things that could be improved upon, told me alot about real world experience and how to help myself in the future and spoke to me as a professional. I am giving a 4 star rating for "Instructors" based solely on the fact that my first instructor quit. If I was rating Tom, he would get 10 stars. The course curriculum is well written and very easy to understand. The projects are great and lend themselves to be open-ended and can turn into amazing portfolio pieces.

• Chris B • Student

Like you right now, I too scoured this and other "coding bootcamp review websites” trying to evaluate which school was the best choice for me and my situation. I am 44 years old with a 20+ year background in management and operations. Prior to starting with Thinkful.com the last time I coded was when I was 15 and teaching myself BASIC with my Commodore64.

After researching several schools that met my criteria (fully online with a dedicated web development career path program), and speaking with prior graduates of different schools, I chose Thinkful.com because it seemed to have the strongest, and most serious, focus on preparing its students for a career in web development.

Thankful’s Web Development Career Path curriculum is a compilation of several classes pieced together in a logical sequence  that gradually increase in complexity and depth and build on each other.  You start at the basics in HTML/CSS and work through jQuery to JS. Then you go back through everything again but at an advanced level. After that you will then move onto advanced front and back end libraries.

Your question to me now should be, “Yes, but have you learned anything?”  In less than three weeks I have worked in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and jQuery, and that I can comfortably say I not only know the ‘how’, but also the ‘why’. SO, yes, I have learned A LOT in three weeks.

Mentoring and Support

Imagine having access to working professionals throughout the day and evening to ask all your questions, because that is what you will have. Like other schools Thinkful's mentors are experienced working professionals with extensive experience in the industry. But, even though I meet with my mentor 3 times a week, he is regularly available on Slack throughout the day or night. And, if my mentor isn’t available to help me outside of our sessions, there is always someone from Thinkful available on Slack, or holding ‘office-hours’ via a webinar you can hop onto. Outside of the program, Thinkful’s staff has always answered every email I have sent regarding a question or concern within less than a day.

Career Service

During the first week their Education Director set up a meeting with me and laid out the services that will be provided throughout the course and the schedule of when they will occur. I am only into my third week and I have my first mock interview in a few days and then my program review. Yes, you will be reviewed before you can go on and continue the program. They are not just going to take your money. You have to pass a review of your work based on input from your mentor and your interview. I don;t believe it is a test so much as a ‘check point’ to establish that you are both capable and able to continue on with the program.

Summary

Overall I would say that Thankful’s Web Developer Career Path program has exceeded my expectations and I believe that when it comes time to find an employer I will have the knowledge as well as a full support team assisting me.  I highly encourage you to engage them with questions and concerns.

Feeback

My only feedback regarding this course is I wish I had more time to go deep on JS, but the course seems focused on being more wide than deep which makes sense for someone pursuing this career path.

• Amazing program!
    - 5/6/2016

It's only been a month since I started the Frontend Web Development course but I've learned so much in the past month than just by studying by myself. I learned a few things here and there online about HTML and CSS but Thinkful courses really help you learn it, feel comfortable with it, and create things. For instance, I'm comfortable at making websites and know which resources to look at to learn how to do things I don't know how to do yet. I just learned to use jQuery and learning JavaScript so I can do a few things to make a website interactive.

Not only that but I also get a career guidance counselor, a mentor who I see for 3 hours every week, and a program manager to make sure that my curriculum suits my needs. There's also cool workshops and Q&A sessions to learn more about a particular topic or just ask another mentor at Thinkful questions about your projects. You also have to do 5 mock interviews to make sure you're ready to answer any technical questions that you'll face during your real interviews. All in all, it's pretty awesome!

The community at Thinkful is really friendly and everyone is always ready to help you. I was debating about going to a bootcamp in SF but it's really expensive and even to get in, you basically have to know just as much as a junior developer and I really didn't think I was ready to do that yet. On the otherhand, you can learn through Thinkful at home, get all the support and community at your fingertip and they even help you find a job. I think everyone should at least try it and see for themselves what an amazing program Thinkful is.

• Yon

Thinkful is the (1) inexpensive, (2) forces accountability with mentor 3x/week, (3) in-depth like on-campus bootcamps.

My mentor, Roberto, is extraordinary. Runs his own businesses with partners, just got accepted into a top program with one of his companies, very knowledgeable, and has offered to make himself available for help even outside our scheduled, 3x-per-week mentoring sessions.  He's proactive in helping me figure out solutions to my projects, and always helps me with best practices for writing maintainable code.

• Jon Wade • Student

I can't rate Thinkful highly enough. I originally signed-up for an 'in-person' bootcamp with Maker's Academy in London, but needed more flexibility in terms of location, times for study and curriculum. Thinkful has enabled me to study when, where and whatever I want. Again, to contrast some other bootcamps who dogmatically stick to one technology (typically Ruby or Python), Thinkful were the only course that would allow me to customise my curriculum to suit my interests and the job market in the UK. As a base, a full-stack JavaScript course, with Ruby as an optional elective. In addition, through speaking to my mentor and having seen a live coding exercise in React, that module was then added into my course as well.

Victor, my mentor, is amazing - he's always on hand to lend guidance and moral support. The other team members I've interacted with are equally enthusiastic and helpful, with real-world advice and experience to draw upon.

Beyond the one-on-one curriculum, there's the opportunity to interact with your peers on Slack and attend group Q&A sessions and other lectures on topics which are connected to your course, again at times that suit you.

If you're looking for the ultimate in flexibility, enthusiasm, and a deeply technical curriculum that really pushes you, look no further than Thinkful.

• Thinkful Python
    - 5/4/2016
    Aaron W • systems admin • Student

I'm happy I finally signed up with Thinkful. The curriculum is well designed. It introduces concepts in a stealthy way so that you don't realize you're working on topics that, relative to the material, are advanced.

Most curriculums will start off with the basics and maintain the same boring trajectory. Thinkful makes it fun.

Finally, my mentor, Nemanja, is top notch. I feel that teaching is taken for granted. Sure, you can self study, but having someone knowledgeable who can point our your blind spots is very valuable.

I believe anyone will be challenged to find a great mentor that tailors the curriculum to your needs. I've definitely found that here.

• Fantastic!
    - 5/4/2016
    Dustin • System Engineer

Before I used to have trouble getting CSS. After practicing and working with my mentor, I feel confident that I can work with layouts now. Also, JavaScript doesn't seem so scary anymore.

I really enjoyed working with my mentor on the course assignments each week. While I wasn't able to complete the course due to unexpected financial changes on my part, I plan on returning and completing the front-end web development course.

• Thinkful is great
    - 4/29/2016
    Alex • Student

I'm just over two months into Thinkful's Front-End Web Development Career Path track, and I have found it to be a very enriching experience. Not only has my knowledge of coding best practices grown, my ability to find information and use it to solve problems has improved. Programming forces you to be analytical and to extrapolate what you learn from others, in order to use it for your own purposes, which is just a generally good skill to have in life, I think.

I find the Thinkful curriculum to be well-suited to my learning style, and the lesson format generally goes like this: there are a few sections of each lesson where you code along to what amount to tutorials, in order to introduce the main concepts of the unit, and then at the end of each lesson (or most of them) you are tasked with incorporating what you've learned into a small project which you then push up to github, and supply the link to your github repository, in order to discuss it with your mentor during the next session. The tutorials are simplified, broken-up versions of what you end up doing in the project-based parts of the lessons, which is good because they give you a groundwork for what will be needed, but then you have to do the extra work to connect the concepts to the actual implementation. Which is really what being a web developer is all about. At the ends of major sections in the coursework there are larger projects where you get to decide what to build (as long as you demonstrate your facility with the required programming concepts), which is cool because if you're motivated enough, you end up with some pretty cool portfolio projects that reflect not only your coding abilities, but your interests as a developer and as a person as well.

Speaking of motivation, that is what it takes to get through Thinkful. Because it's self-paced and entirely online, you have to be your own motivator. You don't have a classroom with a teacher and a big group of other students that you go to five times per week like in-person coding bootcamps. You have to be mostly self-motivated (although having a mentor really helps), and since they charge by the month, it's in your best interests to get on the grind, learn the stuff, and start making killer, production-quality web applications as fast as you can so you can get out there and blow hiring managers' minds with your portfolio.

My mentor, Chad, is awesome. He's a great guy, and very knowledgeable, and has offered to make himself available  for help even outside our scheduled, 3x-per-week mentoring sessions (via email for the most part, but once via the provided Thinkful video chat room, which I thought was really cool and nice of him) (also: not sure if other mentors do this--I hope they do, because I know I end up needing help throughout the week). He's proactive in helping me figure out solutions to my projects, and always helps me with best practices for writing maintainable code. He's also a seasoned pro as a developer, and has some good advice for the job hunt.

However, despite the "we'll get you hired" guarantee, the job hunt kind of seems to be a weak area for Thinkful. You do mock interviews with other mentors, which is great, because they are all professional developers, and part of the job of a professional developer is to interview prospective new hires (what I'm saying is that the interviews seem to be realistic), and they give feedback to your mentor, which you then talk about. They also have a tuition-free segment after graduation where you meet up weekly with a career counsellor who gives you advice on the job search. This is all well and good, but I'm not sure it can compare to the practice of in-person coding schools that have tangible connections in their local job market, and oftentimes get to basically funnel students into internships. Don't get me wrong, I'm confident that I will graduate from the program and get a job as a developer in a timely manner (my skills are getting to be pretty on-point, and I'm learning some valuable networking and interview skills), but it's probably going to be a bit harder for me than for my friends who are attending in-person coding bootcamps in town, who are going to get hooked up with internships upon graduation. That said, all it really takes to get a job in this industry is a bit of hustle, and Thinkful will help you with the hustle. If you're competent, confident, you work well with others, and you go out to make friends with other developers, you'll be all right.

Overall, I'm super glad I enrolled in Thinkful. It has been an overwhelmingly positive experience so far. It's on the cheaper side of full-time coding bootcamps, and if you can commit a lot of time and effort to it, and are willing to learn not only the coding skills but the interview skills and the job-search-huslte skills, then you'll be fully equipped to get a job as a web developer upon completion (I assume--I haven't finished yet and I don't have a job, so I guess I can't say for sure. Maybe I'll update this review once I get a job!). Overall 4/5, would recommend.

Sorry for all the parentheses, I'm a web developer, not a writer.

• Justin

Thinkful has an option for those looking for part-time study. I decided to opt for this because I had some understanding of the subject. The price is $300 - $500 / month depending on the topic.

I found the material to be very easy to understand. They nailed the core topics as well. The curriculum had interesting projects and challenges. However, I would have liked more examples and even more in-depth knowledge on how to tackle different challenges.

You are assigned a mentor who meets with you once per week. Mine was alright. Moreover, the staff checks in with you a lot which is good.

I enrolled in the Thinkful IOS Development Course after taking a classroom based course in NYC. Before joining Thinkful, I learned a lot of fundamentals in the classroom course.  However, Thinkful has taken me to the next level, where I have been able to focus on strenghthening my weak areas with my mentor. I feel confident that I will be at a junior developer level after 3 months.

• Tigran • Student

At first I was skeptical about taking an online course, but Thinkful did the best they could to educate me and treat me like family so I was very comfortable with the course, very educational and Great Mentor! I cant thank them enough for all they have done! I am also coming back to take more courses!

• Joseph • Student

I'm currently in the home stretch of the Front End Web Development course (FEWD) online at Thinkful. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience. The coursework is laid out in a clear, sensible way, starting with very basic HTML and CSS, then working through jQuery and from there into Javascript itself, from the basics into Object Orientated Programming. Finally, it works into AJAX and working with API's. Basically the course covers A LOT of what practical things you need to know to be a fully useful web developer tomorrow. Along the way you learn how to use Git and GitHub, which is required for vritually any gig in the web development world along with sveral other tools.

Thinkful really shines in a couple ways. First, the coursework is thorough, but it's not just reading examples and watching lectures. It's very much a project based experience, one that requires the student to learn how to use all the technologies and languages above, but also forces the student to keep learning on his own. They don't just teach syntax and technique, they also teach you how to learn. You're encouraged to explore the API's online, the specifications, the forums and resources like the MDN, Slack, StackOverflow etc. No developer every really stops learning, especially when it comes to speed of light technology like this, so learning how to learn is as important as knowing syntax and methodology.

All of the projects are useful as examples of your knowledge, and having them in your portfolio - which is a multi-stage project itself - are a great resource to have out there when it comes to impressing potential employers with your skills.

The other, and most important aspect of Thinkful is the 1 on 1 mentoring. My mentor Daniël is, to be frank, the man. He's an experienced programmer himself, and has a fantastic way of answering questions and teaching things during our weekly sessions. Most of the time my questions have to do with doing things the "right" way...ie what is the best practice or just the way that "real" programmers would accomplish something. Having access to a professional with a ton of experience is so key in this regard. Again, reading syntax is fine and all...but there are usually 90 ways to accomplish something. Your mentor helps you work through the various truly RIGHT ways to do things. You could never get that level of help reading a website or book, or watching a lecture.

All in all, I've had a great experience with Thinkful, especially with my mentor. My only complaint is not starting sooner. I plan on taking more courses at Thinkful - Angular, Node, Android, I'm looking at you.

• Very good course
    - 4/20/2016

I am currently taking the full time course, everything is going great. I came into the course with no experience with coding, and have learned a lot already.

• Fantastic program!
    - 4/19/2016
    Matt Hofmann • Graduate

I had a powerful learning experience with Thinkful's Data Science track. I was grateful for the mentor's extensive background, and he brought in a valuable perspective on the course materials. The curriculum itself was challenging, and forces the user to learn how to interpret the online documentation for the various libraries used. This is beneficial for the long term - a data scientist needs to know current tools but also needs to be able to pick up new tools quickly, and Thinkful delivers on both. Occasionally there were some old links and some vague directions in the curriculum, but the Thinkful slack channel, the mentor, and the admins were quick to respond with help.

• Dinara • Frontend Developer • Student

I completed two Thinkful courses: frontend and web design. Frontend one year ago and web design this week.

First of all I want to say a huge thank you to my teacher - Alissa Pierce. She motivated and inspired me every session.

I'm a lucky person, because I have a profession I love - already a year I'm frontend developer. But I started as a Thinkful student, that was my first and probably the most important step. I like Thinkful for two things: ability to study what you really want to study online and not very expensive and for huge support during all the studing. Then you are in the beginning of your career it's really hard to believe in yourself, to believe that one day you'll become a good specialist. And my opinion that mentors in Thinkful are doing a great job to make you self assure, to make you believe that you can do it!

I don't know where I will be in web design in one year, but I know that if you want something really hard you'll get it: not at one moment, but step by step. Thinkful already helped me in many steps and I'm not going to stop.

• Ux design
    - 4/16/2016

this course teaches the basics and implementation of user experience design

• Krystyna • Customer Support • Graduate

I took a few classes in college and found my passion, however after graduation life moved fast and 2 years passed. I knew I wanted a career in web development but didn't know where to start and I didn't have the confidence to consider myself a "professional coder". I tried a few free teaching apps and programs (like many others) but couldn't seem to get focused or motivated. I felt like they were great for practice and review but very diffucult to teach yourself with.

That's when I came across Thinkful. Thinkful gave me the opportunity to go back to school on my own schedule and my own time without having to worry about semesters and application deadlines. But that was only the first perk! They hold you accountable, so it keeps you on track and motivated. They provide mock interviews (my weakness) which is another huge perk for me. And my mentor is not the only one keeping tabs on how I am doing in the program. So even though it's an online course, it certainly doesn't feel like it. I've taken online courses previously, and never did well in them. If that is your concern, as it was mine, don't let it be. The webinars and livechats with your mentor 2-3x per week makes you feel accountable and it's like you're actually having class sessions.

Though some was review, I have learned many new strategies as well as content during my first month alone. I absolutely cannot wait to complete this program and see how far I have come in such a short period of time. The projects are fun and challenging but very achievable. I get excited knowing that my portfolio is going to look awesome as I continue to build and add more projects!

I feel like Thinkful is there from start to finish. They don't just throw you out after completion. They stick by yourside during the whole interview and job hunt process to make sure you get in the field you want. I don't know about you, but college did not provide that for me. So in essence, I feel as if the Career Path was a wise investment for myself as well as cost effective.

• Aleks • COO, Parts Detect • Student

I had the privledge of meeting Martin Bing through Thinkful's MakerSquare Prep course and I'm sure if they have people of his caliber working with them that their other programs must be excellent. Martin went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable with concepts, offered suggestions and examples to clarify nuances in the various concepts of JS.

Curriculum was very thorough, instructor amazing, but I wished there were more excercises or projects within them simply because a succesful bootcamp interview will depend on practice as well as understanding. That being said, I have since registered on coderbyte and pluralsight in order to continue practicing after the course.

• Front End
    - 4/13/2016
    Steven Rodriguez • ESL Teacher • Student

I was trying to teach myself for 6 moths. I do not have a CS background, so it was difficult for me to even know where to start. I was looking for a free program, non of them really showed how to begin. I decided to go ahead and pay for a course and to have a mentor. Best decision I made. I learned so much more within 1 week rather than when I was trying to teach myself in those 6 months. The cirriculum is great, just one thing.. As a teacher, Vocabulary is important. They should have vocabulary in bold and maybe like a glossary or a quiz at the end of lessons.

• Amazing!
    - 4/13/2016
    Jack • Executive Director

I researche MANY resources for iOS development and Thinkful is by far the best! I had no experience in development and was quickly comfortable in just a few weeks with their resources.  From the one-on-one mentoring to general support, they are responsive, direct and very helpful.  I was comfortable working at my own pace and Thinkful makes it easy to jump right back in at any time.

My overall experience wasn't the best. I went through the FEWD Career Path. You're supposed to get multiple mock interviews throughout the course. I received one 15 minute mock interview. Also, don't believe the job placement numbers. Their job placement assistance was a joke. The job assistance mentor who was assigned to me looked at my portfolio site for about 10 minutes and that's as far as job assistance went. Noone looked at my resume etc. I had to hire someone outside of Thinkful to help me with that. The mentor who was assigned to review my portfolio and help with finding a job had just graduated Thinkful 1-2 years ago. Is that a joke?

• Vincent

I was simply blown away by all the resources Thinkful had to offer. My mentor was extremely knowledgeable and patient with me when explaining to me tough concepts. He was always quick to respond to any questions I had whether by email or by Slack chat. There is also an overwhelming amount of office hours and workshops that cover a wide variety of subjects and it's easy to find one that fits your schedule.

Overall, the customer service was very accommodating and the cirriculum was very in depth. I would highly recommend Thinkful to anyone!

• Helen • Social Media Manager • Graduate

I was able to go at my own pace, which was sometimes 5 hours a week and other times 15 hours a week. My mentor kept me motivated and interested in the course material. If I ever needed help outside of my mentor sessions, I utilized the slack chat function to talk my issues out with other students. I felt I got what I paid for and more with all of the resources available to me through Thinkful.

Change in Salary

Hired by school in-field

Short-term contract or part-time position
Hired by school out of field
Out of field

Still seeking a job
Not still seeking a job

Non reporting

86% of job obtainers reported salaries.