thinkful-logo

Thinkful

Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York City, Online, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Raleigh, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa, Washington

Thinkful

Thinkful is an online school that equips students for new careers by offering online, fast-paced, job-ready programs in software engineering, data science, data analytics, design, and product management. Students learn cutting-edge industry standards, have 1-on-1 mentoring with an industry professional, and receive career services and job placement assistance to get a job in tech (and even offer a tuition refund guarantee). While Thinkful is an online platform, the school also has in-person communities in tech hubs around the US, where students can attend in-person events and classes.

Thinkful’s flagship programs are the 5-month Engineering Immersion and Data Science Immersion, Engineering Flex, Engineering Nights & Weekends, Data Science Flex, Product Design Flex, Product Management Flex, and Data Analytics Flex. All courses include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and daily mentor-hosted Q&A sessions with industry professionals. Students are expected to commit 50-60 hours per week for Immersion programs and 20 to 25 hours per week for Flexible programs. Thinkful students can set their schedules, learn while they can keep their jobs, and access course materials from anywhere in the world. Students join a community of 3000+ students and mentors on Slack to get on-demand code help and build a professional network. All graduates receive lifetime access to the course curriculum.

Thinkful offers all students career guidance to navigate the job market, build a professional portfolio, and prepare for interviews. All programs guarantee job placement in a qualifying position that is full-time and in-field. If students are not placed within 6 months of graduation, they get a 100% tuition refund.

Prospective students can apply via the Thinkful website, and schedule a call to chat with an advisor. It’s important to note that the Data Science Immersion and Flexible programs have more strict admissions requirements than other programs.

Recent Thinkful Reviews: Rating 4.62

all (537) reviews for Thinkful →

Recent Thinkful News

Read all (80) articles about Thinkful →
  • Data Analytics Flex

MySQL, Python, Data Visualization, SQL, Excel, Data Analytics , Business Intelligence
    LocationOnline, Detroit, Washington, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Chicago, Raleigh, Tampa, Miami, Orlando, San Francisco
    Set your schedule in a program built to turn your into a highly-paid data analyst in six months. Benefit from one-on-one mentorship, career guidance, and community support from enroll to hire.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/flexible/#pricing
    ScholarshipSelf-identifying women and US military members (active or discharged) are eligible for reduced tuition.
  • Data Analytics Immersion

A rigorous and structured full-time program built to get you a job as a data analyst. Benefit from instructor-led learning, a virtual classroom environment, 1-on-1 mentorship, and a robust support team.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/full-time/#pricing
  • Data Science Flex

Data Science, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Spark, Algorithms
    A flexible, online data science course aimed at helping you launch a career. One-on-one mentorship, professional guidance, and a robust community network are on hand to help you succeed in this highly advanced profession.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/flexible/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Data Science Immersion

Data Science, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Spark, Algorithms
    Start Date January 2, 2020
    An accelerated online program of classes, mentorship, and professional guidance designed to get you a career in data science, fast. This advanced program is designed to serve the needs of equipping degree graduates with the data science skillset they need to obtain a career in their field of study.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/full-time/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced degree
    January 2, 2020 - Online Apply by December 11, 2019
  • Engineering Flex

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    A flexible program built to get you a career in full-stack web development. Study online at a pace that works for you, while a team of mentors, career coaches, and peers guides you every step of the way.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/pricing/#financing
  • Engineering Immersion

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Start Date December 2, 2019
    A fast-tracked, full time program of online classes, mentorship, and career coaching. Skills, tools, and the support you need to become a highly paid full-stack web developer.
    December 2, 2019 - Online Apply by October 14, 2019
    January 6, 2020 - Online Apply by November 18, 2019
  • Engineering Nights & Weekends

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Start Date December 2, 2019
    An online program that will turn you into a full-stack web developer after hours. Work up from the fundamentals, write strong code, and build the perfect job-ready portfolio.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/web-development/nights-weekends/#pricing
    December 2, 2019 - Online Apply by October 14, 2019
    January 6, 2020 - Online Apply by November 18, 2019
  • Product Design Flex

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
    Set your schedule with an online program aimed at taking you from newbie to a confident, highly-paid product designer. Learn the skills and the best way to present them with a team of mentors, career coaches, and community supporters.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/product-design/flexible/#pricing
  • Product Management Flex

This flexible, online Product Management course is built to help you start a brand new, high-paying tech career. You’ll receive a personal mentor, work on real-world projects, and benefit from career coaches.

• Great Staff
    - 7/25/2016
    Daryll • Student

Even though I'm only on my second month into my bootcamp, I'm so glad I chose Thinkful. All the staff that I have had the pleasure to interact with have all been very helpful and has made everything very simple. My mentor, Mario, is a great friend and mentor. He tries his best to answer all my questions - if he wasn't too sure what the answer is, he'll look for the answer and make sure to explain it to me. There was an error on my billing and Ariana quickly corrected the error. Aric, my program advisor, has been very helpful as well answering every question I have and have been very supportive. I needed to take a month off as I will be moving in August and everyone has made it a very smooth transition for me.

Outside of everyone being amazing, the lessons are also as great as the staff are helpful. The lessons are given to you in a way where you can get the basic idea of the topic and try to take off from there. But even if you can't figure it out, your mentor, other mentors, and the students are more than willing to answer any questions on the community messaging. There are daily Q&A sessions that are available to all students to take advantage as well.

Thinkful is honestly a great community to learn coding. I look forward to continuing to interact with everyone and finishing my course.

• Cathy Y.

When I came to Thinkful, I had zero knowledge about coding. Working with a mentor at Thinkful was the best thing for me. I learned so much faster than if I had worked on my own. I have a better understanding of problem solving and the logic behind certain codes. Now I'm much more confidant about coding.

Alvin, my mentor, was fantastic. He really cared whether I understood the material and was very patient with me. Even problems that were probably really easy to him, he never rushed me. He was encouraging when things got tough and he also made it fun. I couldn't have asked for someone better to help me get started. I feel very lucky I had him as a mentor.

• Daniel Dorner • Multimedia Specialist • Graduate

Overall this was a great course. There are a plethora of online learning resources, however having a dedicated mentor is invaluable. If you're starting from scratch you may find the curriculum challenging - however it prepares you for the research and problem solving skills you'll need to successfully finish the course.

I came with some programming experience - and some Swift experience - but still gained considerable knowledge. And my mentor Brian was great.

Looking forward to taking more courses.

• Ted Tzuridis • Student

Before I write about Thinkful I'd like for people to know of my prior knowledge about bootcamps from friends I have. My two friends went to MKS in San Fran, it cost them over 20k each for 3 months because of the cost of living in San Fran as well as tuition. They both obtained jobs within 6 months of graduation.

I chose Thinkful over MKS or Hack Reactor because I was able to keep my job which is not something I could find anywhere else and I could also go at my own pace with the part time program. Thinkful is the most affordable of all the top bootcamps and the mentoring is like working with other professional devs from day 1.

I have yet to finish the coursework as I just started in July. However the curriculum is exactly the same as what you would learn at places like MKS and I know this because I had 2 friends who went there. If you have some prior knowledge in html css or js you will probably finish in about 4 months with the part time program.

If you are considering a bootcamp, I would just say to think about this: Why pay more money for the same curriculum? And also if you have bills to pay so you need to kepp working rather than get 3-6 months off, it's highly unlikely you will find a program with mentors that can be available whenever you need them, which is how thinkful is setup.

TLDR:

In short Thinkful is the most affordable top bootcamp with a network of mentors that doesnt exist anywhere else. It is the best option for people who cant take 3-6 months off whether you be a total noobie or have some prior knowledge. And finally in my opinion I would say that it is also the best option if you do have that time off and participate in the full time program and that is because of the vast network of mentors they have.

• Simply Awesome
    - 7/14/2016
    Justin • Student

I've been working on the part time web development career path for the past six weeks. The course really drives you to keep learning, and the people are amazing! I've had conversations with many people from HQ, and they are all quite helpful and genuinely want to help you to do your best. It's been such a great experience that I've chosen to enroll in the fulltime course!

• Loving it
    - 7/14/2016
    Jesus Medero • Student

i just have to say I'm having a blast in my front end part time carreer path with thinkul. This is my first online class and the experience has been really good for me. I think the projects are great they have really challenged me to ask a lot of questions and it has been really great to be able to see what a professional web developer does and how they break down certain designs and how they go about their work flow. My mentor has also been very encouraging and has given me some really good sources to help me out. I was skeptical about doing an online course thought I might get lost in the mix of things but that is not the case here you get a ton of resources to help you through the times where're you get stuck and even in those times at least for me they have been the most helpful forcing me to call upon all my recourses and try to figure things out on own but having an amazing safety net in having the mentor. What I think is my favorite thing about the program is that they are not too hands on and not too hands off with you more then just my ability to code and learn how to learn other languages I have had more confidence in myself and my future after I get out of thinkful I would definitely recommend it and plan on taking more classes in the future here

• Majid Rahmat • Student

Thinkful's approach to education is both refreshing and relevant.

You learn job-ready skills while thoroughly understanding the academic fundamentals of web development. Their onboarding process is amazingly seamless and
    everyone I've encountered (especially my mentor) is super-friendly and knowledgeable. They understand and empathize with the student which means you never feel "dumb" for asking questions and are constantly pushed to get better and better.

The curriculum is very logical and well thought out and the community is available 24/7 for any doubts/questions. I have been in the course for 2 months and have learned soo much, it's incredible. Also, the focus on post-graduation employment is clear and well-articulated wherein you need to have a goal and Thinkful will help you get there.

One word of caution...please don't expect the course to be easy and for you to just breeze through it. Learning takes time, dedication and motivation; if you can balance and maintain these things, you will find yourself learning many practical and fascinating concepts.

As a lifelong student of traditional on-campus schools and colleges, I was wary of distance ed. This course has quelled all of those fears and I have absolutely no regrets taking the Career Path and would recommend it to anyone looking to learn and work in the web dev field.

• Brad Ellis • Student

I started the Part-Time Web Development Career Path to change careers and become a programer. Trying to teach myself I never set a schedule for myself and having the mentor sessions at Thinkful really help me to set a goal for myself and push myself to reach that goal. The community at Thinkful is awesome everyone there is helpful with answering questions or helping you figure out the solution to your question. I am almost done with the frontend development section and feel I have learned more in this month than I have learned throughout my entire college career. I am really looking forward to finishing up the frontend work and diving into backend development.

• Marissa • Student

I studied Computer Science a few years ago and was introduced to css and html. From that point, I decided that I would definitely start a career in web development.

After my search for the best course of study, I found Thinkful and I am so greatful that I did.  My mentor, James, is really cool, and explains the concepts very well. I love that the curriculum not only shows you how to do things, but offers many sites to read and expand on what you have already been taught. I also appreciate the flexibility of the course.

I am totally enjoying it thus far and looking fowrard to advancing my career.

Thank you Thinkful!

• Colin McAtee • Student

If you are interested in becoming a developer without any prior experience, Thinkful is perfect for you! I decided to take the Frontend developlemt course out of pure curioisity and also a desire to maybe someday be a software engineer. The course is part time and you can complete it as fast or as slow as you want. I now have a full portfolio of eight tangible projects that employers can look at. There is also an awesome full-time career path that I would reccomend if you are sure on a career change.

Tight on money??? No problem! I was able to complete the frontend course in a month and thus never had to make more than one payment. Now I still have full access to the course curriculum and slack chatroom to help continue my development(because the learning never stops)!

I plan on taking another course in the future. Five Stars all around!

• Kathryn King • Web Developer • Student

I had tried teaching myself Front-End Web Development for a long time and really struggled grasping JavaScript, which was stopping me from getting the job that I really wanted and also from building the projects I had been most interested in.

I tried Thinful because it was self paced and offered personalized mentorship, and that's where you really benfit. They host workships and live Q&A sessions all thoughout the day so you always have someone you can talk to when you get stuck. You can also just join these sessions and listen in on what other people are working on. This will save you so much time  and headache when trying to figure things out.

After enrolling in this course, I was able to put together the pieces that I was missing and am more confident in building quality websites and web apps. I highly recommend Thinkful, they have a strong support community, high focus on job marketability, and are the best value for what you get.

- 6/25/2016
    Sophia • Student

I'm very happy with my experience at Thinkful this far. I'm 6 weeks into the FEWD program and am pretty positive i'm going to continue on with the career path.

Thinkful's curriculum gives you to the tools you need to learn indpenedently and then you're able to bounce your questions/ideas off your mentors and other students in the slack communtiy. The most convenient part of the program for me has been that i'm able to keep my full time job as it's not an option to put my life on hold for a certain amount of weeks to attend a bootcamp or other program. To start as an almost absolute beginner has been initmidating but you're supported along the way. My mentor, Tyler, has been such an incredible asset and is what really makes this course so beneficial.

You will 100% get out of the program as much as you put in. And if you're willing to work hard, there's no way that you will have a bad experience.

I can't speak to the job assistance because I don't believe the FEWD program has it, but i'm really looking forward to that aspect in the career path.

• Josh • Web Developer • Student

Great self-paced course. If you're willing to put in the time you can go from 0 to 60 in a very short amount of time. With Thinkful, I went from knowing almost nothing about web design to building sites for my company in under eight weeks. Andrea Bailey was my instuctor she did a fantastic job of teaching, answering questions, and supporting me on whatever I was working on.

• Eric Meyer • Web Developer • Graduate

I entered thinkful with some fundamental knowledge of programming concepts from an intro course in undergrad, and left with a body of real world applicable development skills. I was working full time, and found 20-30 hours / week for programming. Shortly after beginning with simple HTML and CSS, we moved to Javascript and some frameworks. From there we touched on NodeJS before settling for the bulk of instruction in the Laravel PHP framework. Experience with my mentor allowed me to gain a footing in many areas of the stack, including dev ops and other related disciplines. The skills I learned working with my mentor directly resulted in a back end developer job offer for a great web app company near my city. I would recommend anyone interested in programming to enroll in a free tutorial program for a couple weeks to make sure you enjoy the ideas presented. Then, immeditately enroll in Thinkful to secure a future in development!

• My Experience
    - 6/15/2016
    Luke • Student

Enrolled in order to solidify my knowledge that I currnently had and to better myself as a developer.

Left knowing more and enjoying the entire process.

Would recommend for people wanting to learn or just starting out in inudstry.

• Wes Craig • IT Analyst • Graduate

Thinkful does an excellent job at structuring core development concepts into bite-size, but challenging, lessons. The one-on-one mentorship helps solidfy any difficulties along the way, and mentors are very patient to answer even the simplest questions. The coursework is relevant to industry standards and does a great job at stretching you where you need it most.

Another amazing perk - if you stick around for 3 months, you get lifetime access to new thinkful lessons and can attend live lectures on dev topics led by experts.

Overall, I loved my thinkful experience!

• Awesome program
    - 6/15/2016
    Jimmy A Maysonet Avila • Student

Thinkful has a way of teaching that is profound and collectively puts you were you need to be through examples, links to various amounts of information, and the 1 on 1 mentoring.  This is an amazing program and I would recommend this one to everyone.  The way the course is it setup could only bring about success to those who use it and take advantage of all the support and content available.  Great job and keep up the great work.  I will definitely be returning for more courses and to continue were I left off.

• Amazing Experience
    - 6/13/2016
    Frank • Prep for MakerSquare • Student

Thinkful has been an absolute blessing for me. Going from a retail environment to being on the road to creating apps and websites is mind blowing for me.

The curriculum content is very in depth and really encourages you to practice the material several times along the way. The one on one mentor meetings are an enormous tool to help you learn quickly and efficiently. Being able to have your questions answered and broken down while seeing it happen on screen is frankly, invaluable.

Be prepared to put time into your course and homework. As many of the reviews stated before i started with Thinkful, it's only as good as the time you put in. Constant practice and reading of the material is required to ensure you're getting a deep understanding and grasp of the content.

I'm very happy with my choice to enroll and I look foward to my continuing coding education knowing that I have a great foundation to build on thanks to my time with Thinful.

• Stephen Crane • Front End Developer • Graduate

I finished the course in just over 2 months. Coming into it I was really familiar with javascript and hit the ground running. Overall I really enjoyed my learning experience at Thinkful. I've taught myself a handful of web technologies over the past few years and the learning model here provides a good balance to gain a comprehensive picture of not only how to use the technology but the pain points that produced it. It for sure beats out piecing together outdated tutorials and gives you a good return on time invested. I could move at my own pace and work on projects that were relevant to me and my dev teams priorities and goals. My mentor was knowlegeable, encouraging, and helpful. I think the price fit the skills learned. It's pretty comparable to a semester class at a local community college only way more convienient and custom.

• Kate • Student

I'm about a month into the Web Development Career Path and am enjoying it thus far. Although I can't yet speak of the job assistance at this point, I like the way I'm able to view everything that will be coming up in the curriculum and the availability of my mentor. I meet with him three times a week over video chat, and have met with two other staff online who have been super welcoming, nice and helpful. It definitely helps as a motivator to see other people working for Thinkful who are so excited about what they're doing and they have great advice. Most importantly, I love that it's completely on my own time and flexible and remote, as--like many other--I'm not the person to sit still for 8 hours a day in the same spot all at once. There are a lot of extra resources, and essentially a good chunk of the program is teaching yourself how to learn, both now and in the future. This is an essential skill to have since everything is constantly changing in the programming world.

• Andre Newman • Student

It's hard to find a criticism of this program. I always had an interest in learning how to code and I even looked (and got accepted) into competing bootcamps before deciding on Thinkful. The deciding factor for me was that I could learn on my own time and still work my day job, since I couldn't drop everything for 12 weeks.

This ended up being the best decision for me because I had no prior experience. Working at my own pace allowed me to become comfortable with the material and my mentor helped me work through any issues I came across. I was so pleased with my progress that I went from the part time web development program to the full time web development career path. That allowed me to have 3 mentor sessions a week which was more immersive and made me feel more accountable for my work.

Since this is a review for people who are weighing their options I will say that your success depends on you. You could learn on your own but there is only so far you can go without any assistance. Having a mentor helps and in my experience, the mentors have a wealth of knowlege and are extremely helpful. There is also a very active community on Slack as well as live Q&A sessions where you can go for more information or if you have any questions.

So far I've had three mock interviews and my mentor is helping me iron out how I can present myself to potential employers. I didn't give the job assistance 5 stars yet because it's still ongoing and I stilI have more mock interviews beyond the introductory ones that I've had.

Overall, I have had a great experience with Thinkful and I definitely recommend it to anyone who has the drive and determination to become a developer.

• David Conner

I've checked out nearly all of the coding bootcamps that are being offered near my location. I initially avoided the online programs since, as an educator at a university, it's a real challenge to offer the same quality and experience in an online environment compared to physically being in a classroom. However, in my evaluation process I was continually disappointed with many aspects of the programs available. Several were struggling to get qualified instructors with any significant experience, class sizes were clearly too large to manage, recruiters seemed to be struggling to get qualified students who could handle the rigorous load, and the cost was extremely high with no factual evidence presented that graduates were getting jobs.

Then I came across Thinkful. After several weeks of asking questions via email and evaluating the information provided, I decided to interview with an advisor. What a difference! Noel answered all of my questions and I never once got the impression that I was the target of a marketing campaign to fill a seat. Afterwards, I met online with Derek, a program manager, who gave me a clear idea of what to expect, as well as, some initial advice on what it would realistically take for me to switch careers - again, no meaningless slogans or false consolations. As a matter of fact, I immediately took his advice and I'm already talking with individuals in the field to improve my chances of getting a job even though I'm only three weeks into the curriculum.

A major benefit of the Thinkful approach is the mentor. There's no substitute for being able to have access to a professional developer when you're trying to master these types of skills. Sure, anyone can buy the textbook and complete the assignments, but it's the instructor that makes the difference in the quality of the learning experience. My mentor, Vincent, has a great deal of experience which is evident when he critiques my solutions and responds to my questions. This type of one-on-one mentorship is exactly what I anticipated since I want to be able to think and code like an experienced web developer, not just complete some assignments.

I'm also impressed with the way the program is designed to accomodate the learning pace of the student. This may be one of the most under appreciated aspects of education, especially when your objective is mastery of a set of skills. The pace flows with me so I never feel like I need to rush over a topic because the class is moving on to something else. When I need more practice, or just want to take some time to explore a related topic, I can do so without worry that I'm holding anyone else back.

To get job-ready skills, it's clear that I need to put in a great deal of time and effort. This means reading everything I can get access to, searching through resources, asking questions, attending local meetups, seeking out workshops, and writing code everyday. The resources and people at Thinkful have been instrumental in givng me the direction I expected and is definitely worth the cost. I'm sincerely glad I took the time to explore this program!

• Matias Salas • Student

I've taken quite a bit of online course and as a matter of fact, my BFA in Visual Communication is from an online course.  And I can say most of them were helpful, but Thinkful has been by far the best.  I've learned more about Javascript and what to expect from the industry then from any other course I've taken.  The curriculum can be tough, but as long as you keep engaging with your mentor and spend at least 2 hours a day you shouldn’t have a problem.  And even though some of the lessons I’ve actually encountered before from other online sites, there has been a couple of times that my mentors were able to help me expand my understanding of that subject.  I think that is where Thinkful excels.  They have some of the best professionals in the industry and they give you the opportunity to “work” with them.  All of the other online courses I’ve taken before didn’t really give you that interaction, and for me I feel that I learn more when I can when I can get some guidance from time to time.  Though it’s important, especially in this industry, that you can learn new frameworks or technologies on your own.  And thankful does provide some resources that I have not known about until now.

Their staff is pretty great to.  When I first started with Thinkful, taking the Front End Web Development course, I had some financial issues that prevented me from continuing.  They were able to postpone my course until I was able to start again, and even went the extra mile when I decided to change my study (twice!) in the first month of the course.  I finished up the Front End course and now working on the Career Path.

I'm about 2 months in and I'm already getting some Job Assistance in the form of getting prepared with my resume and branching out my network.  So far, pretty cool.

• Rhonda • Student

I have been really impressed with the Web Development Career Path here at Thinkful.  I only had prior experience building a website using HTML many years ago (that took about a semester to build) and updating a blog.  I have already learned so much more from this course as I am 7 weeks into my program and still learning at a rapid pace.

It's a lot of information and really challenging, but there's a big Thinkful community here with lots of resources and mentors ready to help.  I even get to meet with my own assigned mentor 3x/week and it helps keep me on track when I'd normally stray by now. The thing that's amazing about Thinkful is that it's constantly updating its curriculum to stay current with the latest programming language trends and you get to showcase them in the projects here.

Everyone is enthusiastic and out to help each other.  It's really nice and encouraging.  The added bonus is that you get career services at the end of the bootcamp which they will help you find a job.  I've already had a pre-session to discuss what to expect and I am excited to finish and get out there.

Thinkful has really opened my eyes to endless possibilities and I am grateful for it all.

• Adrian Lopez • Student

I am about one month into the program and I have learned a good deal more than I have learned on my own. First off, I am going to say that I am not coming into this bootcamp as a fresher, I got my BS in software engineering and have been studying independently through books and pluralsight (another awesome resource in my opinion). I came in with the goal of getting a web developer position which has eluded me for years and although I had a small github presence, I can't say that it was anywhere near impressive. Just in the first month I have pushed 15+ projects to github which have slowly increase in complexity per project and I still have a long way to go. The mentor I was assigned has provided me a good deal of guidance and is trying to push me into more advanced areas to improve my overall code quality seeing as some of the other topics as easy to me. So essentially the mentor doesn't just sit back and watch you do your work, but actually tailors your sessions to push you further as a developer. The course material is good and very well guided but it also doesn't give you all the answers, giving you the chance to think of solutions or do additional research to come up with the answer. Of course, if you are stuck, you can either talk to your mentor or go to Q&A session which are available throughout the day where you can talk to other mentors for assistance. The course also offers workshops which direct in the learning of other technologies. Don't get me wrong, self study can get you far but studying everything without a focus can often leave you without a job. This is where mentorship is working well for me. Thinkful focuses their curiculum in a way that prepares you for work from day 1 and also helps you prepare for interviews. The preparation for interviews is not only in the curriculum, but also tested at intervals through mock interviews which then provide you feedback to go over with your mentor. And of course, there are career services which help you to understand where and how to get out and meet people in your area that both work in the field and can help you find the career you are looking for. Even though I am not finished with the program, I can really say the program is worth it.

Change in Salary

Hired by school in-field

Short-term contract or part-time position
Hired by school out of field
Out of field

Still seeking a job
Not still seeking a job

Non reporting

86% of job obtainers reported salaries.