springboard-logo

Springboard

Springboard

Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.

To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.

All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.

Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.76

all (388) reviews for Springboard →

Recent Springboard News

Read all (21) articles about Springboard →
  • Data Analytics Career Track

Python, Data Visualization, SQL, Excel, Data Analytics
    OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week
    Become a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
    Climb financing available
    Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
    Tuition Plans$5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan.
    Refund / GuaranteeBecome a data analyst. Job Guaranteed.
    Scholarship$500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
    Minimum Skill Level2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
    Prep WorkNone
  • Data Science Career Track

MySQL, Data Science, Git, Python, SQL, Machine Learning, Spark
    Get a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
    Lending partner available: Climb Credit.
    Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
    Tuition Plans$1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan.
    ScholarshipWomen in Tech Veterans
    Minimum Skill LevelComfortable programming and comfortable with statistics.
  • Data Science Career Track Prep

Data Science, Python, Data Visualization
    Need more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
    DepositNone
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginnger
    Prep WorkNone
  • Machine Learning Engineering Career Track

Python, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
    Fast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
    Climb Credit
    Tuition Plans$7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
  • Software Engineering Career Track

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, React.js, Front End
    Launch your career as a software engineer with 1:1 mentorship, career coaching, and a job guarantee. If you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition is refunded. We’ve partnered with legendary coding instructor Colt Steele to develop a cutting-edge curriculum covering everything from Python and SQL to the latest JavaScript frameworks that employers are hiring for, React and Node. As part of the course, you’ll build your own production-ready web apps to showcase to employers. You’ll also be paired with a personal mentor, an experienced software engineer currently working in the industry, who will guide you throughout the course.
    Climb Credit: Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
    $61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
    Tuition PlansOne-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month
    Refund / GuaranteeLand a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund.
    ScholarshipWe offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
    Minimum Skill LevelPrerequisites: JavaScript fundamentals & programmatic problem solving skills. Recommended: HTML & CSS fundamentals
  • UI / UX Design Career Track

Data Visualization, Design, User Experience Design
    Want to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
    Lending partner: Climb Financing.
    Deferred Tuition: Pay $700 upfront, and the rest when you get a job.
    Tuition Plans$1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee
    Scholarship$750 for women and veterans
    Minimum Skill LevelAll backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills.
  • UX Career Track

Data Visualization, Design, User Experience Design
    Become a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
    Lending partner: Climb Financing.
    Deferred Tuition: Pay $500 upfront, and the rest when you get a job.
    Tuition Plans$1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee
    Minimum Skill LevelAcademic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields.

• $500 Springboard Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science Career Track (Online)
    • Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
    • UX Career Track (Online)
    • Data Analytics Career Track (Online)

• Carmen Preston

I just completed the UX Design course. I am so glad I chose Springboard... I learned so much. Having a mentor guiding me, providing feedback and encouraging me was my favorite part. Also, the program is organized and made a lot of sense. They offer different ways of learning the content either by reading an article, watching a video or practicing with easy to follow assignments. I would definitely recommend this program!

• Rachel • UX Designer • Graduate

Springboard's UX course really held a ton of value for me. I started the course working towards a promotion to UX Designer at my company. I'd been doing the work, but was just missing the foundations. This course was exactly what I needed. I learned everything I needed to know to build a solid foundation to help me continue to learn and ask the right questions. My one on one mentor was the best mentor I've ever had! It is truly worth it if you are newish to the feild and need a solid base to pair with your experience.

• UX Design
    - 9/12/2018
    Elizabeth Carlyle • Graduate

Just turned in my capstone project to complete the UX Design Course. The course was worth every penny! You get paired with an established UX design professional who helps guide you through the course. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to get their foot in the door and learn about UX design.

• Helena Carapau de Carvalho • Graduate

I have to say, even being an online course I didn't felt alone or lost. My mentor was available through email, my student advisor was also available and there is a student community publishing their works, doubts and giving feedback to each others. My mentor is a great profissional in UX field and having time to talk with him was priceless!

I completed my course in 2 months (that is the minimum), the pace was fast! They also organised a summit recently were I got to know most of the people that are the team of Springboard and some of my "colleagues" aswell. I was positively impressed!

• Lisa • Graduate

Springboard's Data Science Career Track was great! I would highly recommend. I received a lot of support from my mentor, advisor and career services, and I felt like they ALL cared and really wanted me to succeed. I had a fulltime job, was volunteering on a Data Analysis project and have two kids, so I was busy. Springboard understood and worked with me to make sure I was still able to finish and feel good about my work. I appreciated the skype calls with my mentor and career services, and the community board helped a lot as well. I thought it was a great program!

• James Flint • Student

I was looking for a course that would help me bind the various bits of computing, statistics, technology and business knowledge that I've assembled during the course of a pretty wide ranging career and bind them into something more coherent that would take me up to a new level with regard to applying new machine learning technologies in a practical fashion.

The course did exactly that, and more besides. It's supposed to take around 6-9 months but it took me a year, mainly because I was working full-time for a lot of that, and I had to do a lot of catch-up on the statistics and programming fronts (my skills were pretty rusty).

Springboard were absolutely fantastic about the various delays, accommodated me at every step, and really encouraged me to dive deep into each module as it came along, so that I came out with functional expertise, not just a passing acquaintance with the subject.

I thought the course was very well constructed and the selection of learning materials was excellent, but what really made the difference between this and other courses was the dedication of my online tutor, who was completely committed, stuck with me through the whole process, and pushed me to do things that I didn't always believe I was capable of!

Doing the course has enabled me to bring machine learning directly into two major projects I'm involved in, which is exactly the outcome I'd hoped for. All in all an excellent course, and highly recommended for those who want a serious overview of the subject and wish to develop some genuine, practical ability.

- 8/2/2018
    Devon • Graduate

I have been wanting to break into the UX Design career path, and the course with Springboard is exactly what I was looking for! I was able to work at my own pace, with curriculum that was very clear and abundant. My mentor was happy to answer any of my questions, and provided me with feedback on all of my work, as well as making it a point to provide me with plenty of examples before beginning each unit. I also liked having access to the community board of fellow classmates, who were willing to review you work and provided a great resource when it came to user interview & testing.This course is ver much "You get what you put in." If you take the time to go through all of the units and produce high quality work, you will have some great items to add to your portfolio at the end. Springboard did an excellent job keeping me on track and motivated to complete the course in my desired timeframe!

I'd highly recommend Springboard to anyone who wants to gain high-quality knowledge in an enjoyable way and in a short period of time.

• Sabrina B. • Graduate

As a recent college graduate who found out I wanted to pursue a career in UX my senior year, I researched UX programs that were affordable and provided guidance in creating my first UX portfolio project. Springboard is exactly what I was looking for. I ended the course with a solid undestanding of UX design, portfolio/project that I was passionate about creating, and confidence in my abilities to perform UX research, sketch, wireframe, and prototype. The best part of this program is that you're guided by an industry expert who genuinely cares about you and your success. I highly recommened Springboard and can't thank them enough.

- 8/1/2018
    Geoffrey Thomas • Artist • Graduate

excellent course. Clearly defined goals in the curriculum. Major help was with the mentor that was well established in the field, assistance that was invaluable. Highly recommend this course.

• Lina H. • Graduate

I really enjoyed my experience with Springboard. I thought that the course materials were really well structured and easy to follow. I could study at my own pace while fitting the course in with my other responsibilities. It was great to have an assigned mentor. Having weekly mentor calls meant that I could easily track my study goals, ask any questions and have the reassurance that I was making a steady progress. Would highly recommend.

• UX design
    - 7/26/2018
    Ritesh Patel • Student

I enjoyed the course community, staff and mentor were really very helpful. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who plans on getting into UX design.

• Prashaanth Jagannathan • Sr.Data Analyst • Graduate

The course is a best option for understanding the basics and application of data science in your field of work.  I wanted to learn R and the curriculum helped to learn the nuances of R by using various packages. It gave good information on data wrangling and gain insights using exploratory data analysis.  For any aspiring data scientist , it is important to understand about probability and statistics and the springboard curriculum provides an opportunity for that. The curriculum enables the students to provide insights about the data visually and understand basics of machine learning  algorithms and their usages.

The most important part is all the topics had their own project submissions which enabled you to understand the topic and complete the project based on your learning. Weekly call with the mentors enabled me to have broader vison about data science concepts and the mentor was very friendly and guided me during each phase of the capstone project.

The capstone project helped me apply the learning from the curriculum on my field of work. I hope to use the knowledge gained from this course  in my organization and continue my learning in the field the of data science.

Springboard team is the most friendly and comfortable to work with and typically respond to your queries within a day. They are flexible in the scheduling as I had to take a vacation break and they understood the situation and paused the curriculum accordingly.

Introduction to Data Science by Springboard is the course to enroll for any aspiring data scientist

• Tommy H. • Marketing • Student

I'm working towards becoming a Data Scientist (in additional to my current Marketing career) in the near future. Springboard's Business Analytics course was a must to start building my data science skillsets. My mentor Felipe was very supportive and patient providing me guidance, tips, and walking me through difficult parts of the case studies.

My Springboard counselor, Catherina has been very helpful and responsive to my questions as well.

I will be taking the next two data science courses at Springboard to start my new career!

• Great Course
    - 7/2/2018
    Chris H • Student

Springboard has a great curriculum, awesome mentor support, and definitely prepares you for a job in UX. It's definitely possible to make a career switch with the help of Springboard.

• Springboard
    - 6/29/2018
    Iryna • UX Designer

I took Springboard UX course from April 2017 to June 2017. I changed my career from QA to UX and it helped me get new knowledge and skills. I liked that they have a mentor assigned to a student and there is a weekly call with a mentor. They have tons of material gathered from all around internet. I liked that they made a system of the UX process. They have a forum and I met some nice people there.

• Penny H • Sr Analyst

Great experience.  Loved the in-depth projects, lots of hands-on work, as opposed to many courses that are more video focused.  I was able to fill in gaps in my knowledge.  My mentor was very helpful, the one-on-one calls every week were quite valuable, and he was supportive and knowledgeable.   Highly recommend.

• Andre • Digital Marketer • Student

I signed up for Springboard's Online Digital Marketing Career Track because after learning on my own for a while I decided it would be best to have some structure to my study. I can't be more satisfied with the support and guidance I received from Springboard. They helped me go from not knowing what digital marketing career path would be best to actually working in my first role as an entry level digital marketer.

My experience working with Springboard was very professional and I can tell they really care about making sure their students reach their goals. The mentors for the class are very knowledgeable about the industry and they are always willing to help.

I'm glad I made the jump in joining this program. It really helped me alot.

• Alexia • Student

Because of my workload and travel schedule, I'm not able to commit to a full-time on-site Bootcamp style course. I needed something that offered a great curriculum and remote flexibility without feeling like a kite-in-the-wind. Springboard was able to offer that and provide real face-time access to experienced mentors.

I was able to do my work at my own pace and obtain feedback from professionals all the while. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants the Bootcamp experience but may not have the time or bandwidth to commit to a conventional course.

• Cate de Leon • Graduate

Everything can be learned from the internet, but personal teachers will always make a world of difference--especially since as students our ways of thinking and the mistakes we'll make will be unique.

Springboard makes it possible for you to learn from the best, while still being flexible enough for you to carry on with your current responsibilities.

• Satyam Tandon • Graduate

Sprinboard's DataScience Career Track is designed to propell you into the fray with the skills to stand out among other data science professionals and a portfolio to prove it. The extremely personalized yet professional and hands on course equipped me to be able to break into the data science industry not only becuase of the course but the paramount insights I was able to gain from my mentor. I'm way ahead of my peers in school. It's worth every penny. Would recommend it to anyone regardless of their background , education or current skills.

• Alice • Student

I am currently a student in the program of data science career track. I've been in the  program for around two months. I enjoy the curriculum a lot. It's very well structured. I can learn new skills and get strenghened by applying new skills to my capstone project immediately. I believe this is a very important and efficient way of boosting skills. I look forward to producing a nice portfolio after the course.

Mentorship is a very important part of the program. My mentor is very experienced and helpful in keeping me on track and motivated. Otherwise I might spending 80% of the time in getting 20% of result.

Though I am not in the process of job hunt yet but I had several calls with career coaches.  My coach gave suggestions on how to network, how to prepare profile and resume. All the staff was very valuable to me.

I believe that I will finally land my dream job.

• UX design
    - 4/3/2018
    Eloisa Jaremco • Ux designer • Graduate

Excellent certification! The combination of the curriculum with a mentor with advices in a real work place, made my learning complete! ... I highly recommend this certification?

• Springboard UX
    - 3/29/2018
    Katie • Student

Springboard has a practical, relevant, and project-based curriculum that I absolutely loved. I liked that the materials I learned were from industry experts, rather than purely theoretical. I also had excellent support from my mentor, Angelo, throughout the coursework and with my project. I am coming from a rather different industry, and he helped me learn a bunch of new tools that would be more relevant to UX.

For an area of improvement, I'd like to see more of an outflow process for graduates when it comes to the job search. For example, if certain graduates/mentors live in a certain area, I'd like to find a way to connect with them through Springboard, so that I could pursue the possibility of following up in person.

Other than that, I would highly recommend this program to any friends who are looking to get involved in UX, or to brush up on the fundamentals on their own time.

- 3/22/2018
    Elizabeth Maurath • Graphic Designer • Student

I highly recommend Springboard’s UX Design Course. I began the course as a graphic designer knowing little about UX but curious to expand my skills and open up career options. The course was well laid-out and spent just enough time on each area to get a quick but substantial overview of each module. You can buy UX books or read about UX online, but the mentorship that comes along with Springboard’s program is invaluable. My mentor had many years of UX experience and was always thoughtful and prepared to give feedback on my projects—his support throughout the program made the course worth the money. I loved that the course also offered “office hours” each week that featured a different topic centered around User Experience design, such as “careers” or “freelance,” where you could ask questions with experienced professionals. The extra online resources, like Lynda and Skillshare made it easy to watch videos related to design that weren’t covered by the course. I would highly recommend this course to those interested in moving into UX design.

• Sunil Ayyappan • Senior Data Scientist • Graduate

This course has been an amazing experience for me. Most of the tutorial is from datacamp, but there are other things such as exercises, mini-projects, and capstone projects to prepare you for the real world problems. The mentors add more value and provide some really good insights. Also, this course can be done at your own pace. I managed to complete it in two months by spending almost 8 hours a day.