pragra-logo

Pragra

Toronto

Pragra

Pragra offers 4, 8, 12, 16, and 22-week part-time coding bootcamps in Mississauga, Canada, and Noida, India, as well as online. Pragra coding programs include full stack Java, machine learning, dev ops, Big Data, QA automation, Amazon Web Services, business analysis, and more. Each Pragra tech bootcamp focuses on accelerating the accumulation of technical knowledge and skills with a combination of learning modules and project assignments. The programs integrate the Agile software development method into their assignments. Pragra is an IT consulting firm as well, with insight into the latest concepts and technologies used in the IT industry.

To apply, applicants need to discuss their technical backgrounds with Pragra admissions staff, who will help them figure out which program is the best fit.

Pragra’s coding bootcamps are designed to advance the careers of current IT professionals through honing in their skills and professional network. Pragra offers career services for every technical program, including job hunting assistance, advice on resume and LinkedIn profiles, and mock interviews. The team works to help graduates find relevant positions which match their backgrounds.

Recent Pragra Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (57) reviews for Pragra →

Recent Pragra News

• Certified Business Analysis Professional - Exam Prep

LocationToronto
      BA’s are the liaison between customers and the project team. BA represents their project or company in front of clients so they must have equipped with good communication skills, Relationship Management, and Requirement Gathering techniques. This program will provide you with skills to identify an organization’s needs and recommend solutions to address complex business challenges and skills to become an in–demand Business Analyst. Check curriculum: https://pragra.io/courses
      Financing available through our partner Skills Fund

3 Scholarships

• $500 Pragra Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Pragra scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science
      - 9/25/2020
      Nitya S. • Data Scientist
      Pros: Amazing learning experience, Great communication and support from team over the slack channel (especially during COVID times); straightforward curriculum; weekly mentor calls for support and guidance; internship with a real client; supportive network of fellow students; ability to pay after you land a job; takes student feedback for how to improve the course; and career coaching continues after you finish the course.

Cons: Internship was little hard in terms of technical and being able to finish work in 4 weeks; doing the course alongside working full time could prevent you from finishing in 6 months;  I felt if i could spend more time on project but company has some limitations i understand.

Overall, I had a great experience with Pragra and feel that they were truly supportive of me and met me where I was, with no previous design or tech experience (I came from a non-tech background). I highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone looking to pursue a career change into Data Science domain.
    • Data Scientist
      - 9/25/2020
      Nick Browne • Data Scientist
      Overall, I can genuinely say that I had a great time while enrolled at Pragra. I used to be in Customer Success/Experience with early-stage startups and although I've been exposed to working in tech, there was still so much to learn about Data Science.

Curriculum: They had won me over with its reasonable price and robust curriculum. A lot of other bootcamps during the time that I was researching didn't offer to teach core fundamentals and Pragra did. In addition to this, I liked the idea of it being self-paced which meant that I could finish earlier than the ideal time frame (they gave me a 12-month timeframe but I completed the program in 6 months).

The reading materials are easy to understand and follow. They also provide video for some of the modules which was perfect for me since I learned by following. Links to external resources have also been great to have (and I still find myself referring back to some of them) and are plenty.
    • Manpreet Kaur • QA Automation Developer • Graduate
      First i was not sure if should join Pragra. But when my closed friend gave me their feedback and even she got the job eventually. I decided to enroll in Automation program. I can confidently recommend Pragra name out there to everyone.
      3 things: Quality, Knowledge and Honesty - they deliver the best of best quality industry specific training plus the amazing job placement support. Which is believe everyone is looking for.  They sit with you one2one and make you prepared for the interviews. They are working professionals so they give you exact points to focus on which i found applicable in all interviews. Thanks to whole team specially Atin and Vivek.
      They focused on every module including your Java, Selenium, REST APIs, AWS Cloud, CI/CD and databases. Which is required for every interviews now a days.
      Then, after the program comes to an end, its time for the job hunt. As we all know, job hunts aren't fun, but if you have Vivek to help along the way, you're golden. Through the process, he was so willing to answer my many questions, and always rooting for me. I am so grateful to have him in my circle.

Pragra team will give you all the tools to succeed, I would do it again in future for advanced bootcamps.
    • Archana • Java Full-Stack Developer • Graduate

Initially i did a lots of reaserch on my own. I couln't find a right place to start in Toronto area. I was looking for a change in my career. I wanted to work in technical field. But I didnot want to spend my 3-4 years again in a university. So the best option for me was to join Pragra which would prepare me for a career in a short duration in Java development.
      After I finished my program, I couldnot believe myself that I have succesfully shifted my career and i am able to tak technical challenges which i thought off. Within this short duration, I learnt more than what I could have learned in 1 year, if I had learnt by myself.
      And I also appreciate the personalized career services after the bootcamp with constant followups about the job hunt, Pragra has a dedicated team which work with you intill you get a job.
      Thanks Pragra team, i would highly recommend to everyone looking to start new career.

• Ajay V. • Java Full-Stack Developer • Graduate

Deciding on a Java Full Stack Developer wasn't easy, going through the demo session was one of the first signs Pragra was right choice for me. Coming to Pragra, you are expected to be at a higher level than all other bootcamps, this ensures you get the most out of the 2 month process and aren't paying a premium to learn the basics.

The project work I did with my team at Pragra is an asset that will set me apart from other bootcamp grads (no dummy apps or projects for  projects), and diving deep into a technology while building this product certainly helps with the non junior/entry level narative all programs grads will face.

Aside from the technical excellence the environment at Pragra is incredible. They go above and beyond to ensure that people who join are not only a technical fit, but also a cultural one. This makes those 40+ hours weeks managable, working with a great group of cohort mates, instructors, and fellows who are all there to help you reach your goals.

Overal I'm incredibly lucky to have wound up at Pragra and couldn't imagine having attended another program.
      P.S check out their free demo sessions on weekend to get a taste of what curriculum is like.

• Ruchi • DevOps Engineer • Graduate

Pragra DevOps Training Program exceeded all of my expectations. The instructors were some of the best I have ever had, and were extremely encouraging whenever I had questions (a lot) or doubted my abilities (also a lot). Because i had no prior experience in DevOps technologies and they boosted my confidance.

I loved that each student could focus on their interests and skills by choosing our own project ideas. It allowed everyone to better find their niche & inform on what we want in a job, since DevOps tools are so varied with different implementation.

I felt really prepared entering the job application process after completing mutliple career-based workshops and 3 different mock interview sessions. And, I got a job from 3 weeks after at the end of bootcamp. Can't ask for better than that!

I was looking for a program that would help me get to be doing interesting work quickly, and Pragra was perfect for that. Feel free to reach out to team for free demo classes if you have any questions about program. I had a bunch before I started, so I understand!

• Jasspreet • UX/UI Designer • Graduate

I attended the Bootcamp in 2019 and I cannot speak highly enough of my experience. The training I received was of high quality and approachable. If I ever struggled with a subject my mentors or peers were always there to help me out. The projects you work on successfully enforce the core tech stack taught by Pragra. Additionally, Pragra's blend of projects and pair programming seamlessly work together to not only teach you the technology but also teach you how to solve problems for your self. This boot-camp does not spoon-feed you solutions.

It forces you to struggle and meet your breaking point day in and day out. Beyond the technical instruction, the support staff are top-notch professionals. They make the sacrifice you make for enrolling in a boot camp worth it. They are always there to answer any questions regarding tuition, scheduling, etc. But they also are instrumental in organizing the networking days, which were vital in my job-search process. I cannot speak highly enough of them.

Finally, the best thing about Pragra is the learning environment. They work hard to make sure their students fit the culture of the program, which makes working with the people wonderful. I made life-long friends during this program and always looked forward to coming in every day.  At the end of the day, the Pragra program works. It gets results. Pragra unique blend of community, technical training, and hiring support make it far superior to any other boot camp.

• Melaine • Automation Specialist • Graduate

I chose Pragra because of the comfortable atmostphere and focus on latest technology stack, which other bootcamps seem to lack in GTA area. I had gone through the prep program and knew the quality of instructor and the environment during my demo session. Thank You Atin & Vivek.

I found the curriculum to be very well thought-out and organized. My software-engineering friends were often surprised and impressed by the topics covered - "Wow, you're learning that?!". During my very first onsite interview of a tech company was looking through my capstone project and expressed his shock that I was able to learn the concepts to complete such a robust project, and complete the project itself, within such a short time span. The curriculum itself is constantly being updated and refined based on what is going on out in the field and feedback, but the great thing is that all the old lectures are available as a resource, even as an alum. I used some of these as extra resources while completing my project and while preparing for interviews.

The lecture followed by lab format was invaluable in cementing the concepts covered, and the pair-programming in labs helped us to get comfortable talking in 'tech-speak', a valuable skill for interviewing. Not to mention helping each other over stumbling blocks! I loved the back half of the program which focused more on building our projects. We would have a comp science lecture in the morning followed by open project time. The instructors were available for help during that period and were always patient and knowledgeable. I learned a great deal during this period as it was almost like having a one-on-one tutor. And when the projects were done we had the opportunity to present in front of several companies, which was excellent practice as well as an invaluable networking opportunity.

The career support was also incredible and well-balanced. There was a career lecture once a week focusing on a new topic throughout the entire program. These included small weekly assignments (such as practicing our stories, revising our resumes, how to research companies, and updating our LinkedIn profile) to prepare us for the job hunt in a calm and methodical manner. We had two one-on-one strategy sessions with the career services staff during the program and one after graduation to figure out what types of companies might suit us best and to help us strategize how to find a job. The last two weeks were almost entirely focused on the career journey. Lectures focused on different aspects of the interview process, fieldtrips were organized to practice whiteboarding with engineers in the 'real' world and gain exposure to different environments, we even got a practice take-home coding challenge which was then reviewed with tips and tricks on tackling these problems (which severely reduced my anxiety about them), and we learned tips for applying to positions.

Perhaps the coolest thing was the mentor program. All of us were assigned two mentors. Our mentors were able to help us with our projects, provide career advice, and be there for anything we needed. I found it helpful to talk with mine about their 'real-world' experiences in software engineering, particularly when it came to things to consider while designing a webapp. Most mentors are willing to continue the relationship beyond the program end too!

I'm so glad I chose Pragra as my bootcamp. It was an amazing, supportive environment, my cohort-mates are amazing people I am proud to call my friends, and the quality of education is top-notch.

I wish we'd gotten to dive deeper into some of the topics and covered some others, but at the end of the day it's a 12-week bootcamp, not a 4 year comp science degree! I would not hesitate to recommend this program to anyone considering a bootcamp.

• Mara Sollis • Software Development Enginner • Graduate

I first came across Pragra through their free demo (which I highly recommend you go and check out) and the first thing that impressed me early on was the clarity and interactive teaching style of Atin and Vivek on advanced topics such as Spring boot, microservices, Spring MVC. Going to this free demo helped tremendously in my decision to go to Pragra as you get a preview of the lectures, people and the environment. To give a better context to my review, I focused on three things during my decision process for picking a coding bootcamp:

1. The quality of the education- I came to coding with zero background in computer science and made a complete career change, so this was important not only because of the cost of the program, but I needed to be able to digest advanced topics in a short amount of time.

2. Job assistance – I needed a program that can also jumpstart my career in this industry since I left a good job to study and commit to a 13 program and couldn’t afford to not get a job quickly or start on an entry level  (More on this later, but Pragra has a hiring program that’s included in your time there and is worth the price alone)

3. The Classroom environment –  I needed to be challenged and be with like-minded and supportive people. There are plenty of group projects and pair-programming so the people surrounding you are important. Also, you are spending every ounce of your time there (Pragra is 3 days a week, from 10 am to 2 pm (officially) but most usually stay until 4-5 pm +).

Needless to say Pragra exceed my expectations and hit all of major concerns. To start with the curriculum, every day for the first hour of the day you have a hands-on session problem and the approach lecture for the problem the day before. You spend the first 2 weeks doing 2 day units which consist of lectures, skill-builders (solo-work) and pair-programing unit challenges. Most of your “learning” comes from these pair-programing challenges which encourage you to problem-solve by struggling and talking out things with your partner. (There is a clear focus on technical communication.) There’s also constructive feedback after each session so you’re constantly improving your teamwork and coding skills. An important note: things are not hand-fed to you. This approach makes you a capable of learning new things really quickly but just know that you will go through a confidence rollercoaster during the course of the program (Will even has a chart that he provides the on the first day). The rest of the program consist of the project phase (3 short term ones and your production project, which will take 1-2 weeks).  These are great way to experiment, dive deep, and build your expertise in certain technologies. They are all impressive (check out Pragra’s website for examples) and a notable experience to talk about when on an interview.

• Jaswant • Business Analyst • Graduate

My experience at Pragra has been amazing, in recent months I have learnt amazing skills here, I feel more capable of developing anything and accepting any challenge. The intensity of the course causes me to study more and more and motivates me to be a technical version of myself.

The support of the trainers is very important and very helpful, I could not fail to mention the support of colleagues also that in an always harmonious environment help to meet the challenges.

The school prepares the student in every way, from technical training to background as a market view, how to present for a job interview, how to get your professional image, how to present projects, how to be a good professional. I would recommend everyone to try their classes.

• Varsha • DevOps Engineer • Graduate

Dear Folks,

I have just graduated from Pragra's DevOps program with high accolades for the technical depth of the program. I highly appreciate the job placement support provided by Vivek sir.

Firstly, I was a college graduate when I started the program, so the very fact that the program is offered online was a tremendous selling point for me becuase of our schedule during part time shifts. That being said, It's not the kind of commitment to take lightly. The team at Pragra make a point of saying right from the get-go that it will be a serious undertaking to which you must devote many many hours a week if you are to make any progress.

Their model is really efficient and highly professional. The bi-weekly classroom based mentor sessions are an invaluable resource, and my trainer was tremendously helpful with any technical issue that would come up. If the mentor you are assigned turns out to not be a good fit, they will assign you a new one right away. It happened to me, and my new mentor was great and helped me through to the end.
      Outside of trainers sessions you have their slack channel where you can ask for help on your project from qualified technical coaches. It's a good option for when you're on a pause period to catch up and mentors sessions are not available.

The curriculum and its sections are well crafted and they walk you through it at eye level. The non-programming related tools like the LinkedIn and resume guides they provide are also extremely valuable and go a long way even long after graduation and they provide amazing support for the job hunt and placements.

Overall, I highly recommend Pragra DevOps program, if you have any second thoughts, please join the demo sessions. https://pragra.co/learning/devops

• Harpreet • Front End Developer - Intern • Student

Joining Pragra family was an amazing experience for me. The main factor that drew me to the program originally was the flexibilty that it had an online option to join sessions that still included the rigor and attention of a classroom atmosphere. I knew that I wanted to have a structured experience that would push me to continue learning the material at a regular pace while maintaining my work schdule as i was a college student.

There are a lot of concepts that are covered, but it is all presented in a way that allows you to absorb the material through hands on learning. The emphasis on live project reinforces your understanding of the fundamentals of Angular and React. Participating in the program takes your full dedication, but is extremely rewarding in the amount of knowledge gained and the new doors that open up for a career in web development.

I would highly recommend Pragra Program to everyone specially to fresh graduates like me. Thank you Atin & Vivek.