practicum-by-yandex-logo

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex

Created by engineers from tech company Yandex, Practicum is a 30-46 week, online coding bootcamp offering tracks in Data Science, Data Analysis, and Web Development and aimed at sparking career change. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live-coding sessions. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

With an average employment rate of 71%, Practicum’s career acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum supports their students and graduates every step of the way. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. Practicum graduates have landed tech jobs at companies, such as Tesla, Accenture, Nielsen, and Microsoft.

Recent Practicum by Yandex Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (137) reviews for Practicum by Yandex →

Recent Practicum by Yandex News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date October 28, 2021
      Over this 6-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more) and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      October 28, 2021 - Online
    • Data Scientist

Start Date October 28, 2021
      Over this 9-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      October 28, 2021 - Online
    • Web Developer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date November 18, 2021
      Over this 10-month course, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent web developer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      November 18, 2021 - Online
    • Soon Young Jeoung • Student
      I took the Data Analyst course, and this was so great.
      It was useful to me, and I could learned alot.
      Same type of questions are keep coming up. Also, advisor is keep tracking for how is the processing my course.
      I believe I could learn lots of codes from this course.
      The thing is sometimes hint is little bit hard to understand and weak.
      However, always there is agent who could help me. so send the link then they will help me.
    • Cassandra Cook • Designer • Student
      Thia introductory course in web development is the best time that I've ever taken. It had good real world examples. I'm an experienced web developer and was taught some new techniques. I especially liked their explanation of the box model - with padding, borders, and margins.
    • Ibtehaz Utsay • Student
      Yandex is basically the Google if Russia that provides a much more secure platform. Practicum is one of their initiatives that is well structured and intuitive, whilst making programming skills accessible to everyone with a desire to learn. The teaching experts and support in the slack channel is highly responsive and knowledgeable.
    • Kyle W • Student
      This was my first experience learning about Python, but the Practicum system made it super easy! They made sure to explain how everyone function worked and included great summary sheets at the end of each chapter for easy reference. There were a few frustrating tasks where I had some persistent errors, but that was usually due to a silly mistake on my part than the fault of the program. Overall, I'd highly recommend this course to someone looking to learn about Python and as a springboard to more advanced courses. Also, there was a great community with this where people asked questions and provided feedback.
    • DS course
      - 5/13/2020
      Vladimir • IT-consultant • Student
      A good link between brief theory and instant practice makes you grow faster.
      That's what you can get here.
    • Vy Vuong • Student
      I'm a beta tester for the Practicum by Yandex on the Data Scientist Track. The strengths of the program lie in their real-life data, real-industry data tasks and systematic curriculum. I like the way they stipulate the research question at the beginning of each lesson, then give a summary of how the lesson will help learners decipher that question via data analysis. The big question at the beginning will then be divided into smaller tasks with corresponding data analysis lessons. They wrap up the lesson by pointing out how the learner's progress has helped to answer the question and what the next steps are. I find this process very helpful and exciting since it makes me act as if I was a real data scientist. A special shout-out for the technical support team, teaching assistant and community managers for being so responsive, attentive and friendly (they always put a smiling icon after their explanation/message) to learners' theoretical questions as well as their challenges in coding or keeping up with the learning process. There were some points during the process I thought I could have given up had there not been their timely support and encouragement. There are two things I think the platform can improve to help learners excel more in their work: the use of English language and adding more theories. I am not a native English speaker, sometimes I found it difficult to understand what the instructions are on the platform since their English syntaxes sound unfamiliar to me. I also hope to get more theories on data science. Since it's still in its testing period, I believe the team will soon fix all these bumpy issues and the new generation of learners will have the best learning experience as they can!
    • Ofir • Student
      Practicum by Yandex (the Russian tech giant) is a new platform for learning data science, and has a lot of potential for growth in my opinion.
      While the fact that it's a new platform does mean it still has a few bumps here and there, they are quickly fixed - and the team comes up with new ideas and initiatives for enhancing the learning process.
      The team does their absolute best to be there for you, from the community managers, through the instructors all the way to a dedicated 24/7 support team.
      For an online platform, it has two novel and welcome additions - biweekly (every two weeks is a 'sprint', a learning subject) webinars and personal projects. Those projects, in my opinion, are the highlight of this program - they enable you to express yourself as a data scientist, with constructive, personal feedback.
      In addition, at the end of the program they offer aid landing your first job, but I haven't reached that part yet.

One thing I'm missing a bit is an emphasis on data science theory. But, well - even Practicum's name implies at its dedication for implementation and hands-on experience. In any case, a good data scientist has to know how to find new textbooks and research papers :)
    • I love it!
      - 5/8/2020
      Linda Kovacs • Web Developer and Designer
      I'm a remote freelancer with many years of experience in the field and this year due to Coronavirus I decided to accept an invitation form Women Who Code to become a beta-tester of the Practicum by Yandex platform. I joined the Web Developer Professional Certificate Program.
      When I joined the Program I was convinced that my prior professional experience will make it easy to surf the program. To my surprise, I got overwhelmed with things I thought I was doing great at before like CSS. It’s true I never knew about BEM which blew my mind and at certain point got me confused, it was hard and frustrating.  Code reusability is the the main focus of the Bootcamp. Actually, Practicum curriculum brought me additional value as Developer and Designer to align my knowledge to the latest accessibility and Web standards.
      I thought I will be able to finish easily this course but it is not this way! I got surprised to see that I tripped on the simplest part I considered before the CSS. I was expecting to experience some issues when we get to the algorithms, JavaScript, React, back end parts that are well known to be more challenging even for developers with experience.
      The Program of 9-10 months is based on Sprints that gives you the right tools to use when building the projects every 2-3 weeks. The review process and the projects activities gives you the real world work environment and prepare you to be ready to join any Company’s Developer team at any time. The Sprints are build having in mind the job ready Developers.
      The curriculum is geared to make you build your portfolio of projects by following the original mockup design files. You will collaborate through GitHub using a professional developer's workflow that will help you in your Developer job.
      I don’t have enough words to recommend Practicum by Yandex Curriculum, join today and you will be definitely happy with your choice! Give it a try! https://practicum.yandex.com/
    • Web Development
      - 4/18/2020
      Maria Merk • Student
      This is a beautifully designed course! Everything is very clear and interesting. It was a great pleasure to dive into the study of new knowledge. Thank you!
    • Andrew • Student
      I really enjoy how well written and challenging the course becomes. I have taken other courses and all of them are written to where the user doesn’t have to use their mind. Well here you have to and that makes you a better learner!!!
    • Cool community
      - 4/13/2020
      Richard Fobbs • Student
      I am very glad that I decided to start the Yandex Practicum course.

Yandex Practicum creates a really cool community. Newcomers to IT often suffer from the fact that when faced with problems, they cannot / are afraid to ask other people for opinions on how to solve them. Here you will never feel left alone with a problem. Your classmates are a truly amazing source of knowledge. We are all of different levels, we came here with different goals, but everyone is ready to help each other whenever possible. If you are a beginner, it's best way to start.

Thank you Yandex.Practicum for this!
    • Excellent service
      - 4/13/2020
      Vincent • Student
      Practicum by Yandex is an excellent service with very informative courses. I'm glad I made the decision to take the course and have already learned a lot and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. There is a paid portion of the course after the free trial segment I plan on paying for as well. It’s amazing how I can learn an absolutely new profession in just 7 months. After I finish the course, I will for sure find a high paying job cause the demand for IT professionals is at an all time high. I believe that Practicum by Yandex is an incredibly useful platform for future generations to come.