practicum-by-yandex-logo

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex offers 6 to 10-month online courses in coding-related fields. Students can choose to join one of four programs: Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Web Developer and UX/UI Design. Each course includes full access to the online, interactive platform, professional courses with real-life projects, tutor support from an experienced developer, and code reviews. Students graduate with a professional certificate and a portfolio to show potential employers. While in the program, students receive 24/7 support from code reviewers and community managers. Yandex is one of the largest IT companies in Europe.

Practicum is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma. The programs range in price between $3,000 and $5,000. The first 20 hours of each program are free.

Practicum covers the soft skills students will need to get hired. Live coding sessions with tutors from the tech industry and Practicum’s career accelerator will complement a student’s hard skills and make the job search easier. Students also complete a portfolio of up to 15 projects. Practicum offers its graduates career prep courses to help them prepare for the job hunt. Students receive guidance on current job opportunities so that they can find a good fit. Practicum is very serious about helping students find work. If graduates do not get a new job or a promotion within six months of completing the program, Practicum will refund the cost of tuition.

Recent Practicum by Yandex Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (114) reviews for Practicum by Yandex →

Recent Practicum by Yandex News

• Data Analyst

Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
      Start Date May 20, 2021
      Data analysis is a complex and intricate process. It involves collecting and structuring data, formulating and testing hypotheses, identifying patterns, and drawing conclusions. Data analysts are essential in business, administration, and science. They work with fundamental tools including Python and its libraries, the Jupyter Notebook, and SQL. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior data analyst. Over the course of our six-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of projects.
      Minimum Skill Level All you need is a high school education
      May 20, 2021 - Online
    • Data Scientist

Start Date May 20, 2021
      Data science is a complex and intricate field. It involves structuring and analyzing large amounts of data, employing machine learning to make predictions, identifying patterns, and drawing conclusions. Data scientists are needed in business, manufacturing, and science. They work with tools such as Python and its libraries, including Scikit-Learn and XGBoost, the Jupyter Notebook, and SQL. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior data scientist. Over the course of our eight-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of projects.
      Minimum Skill LevelAll you need is a high school education
      May 20, 2021 - Online
    • Web Developer

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Node.js, Front End, SQL
      Start Date May 27, 2021
      A web developer is a software engineer who develops websites using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, builds user interfaces with React (a JavaScript library), works as part of a team with Git, and uses Webpack to bundle project files automatically. Web developers understand how web servers work: they can configure Nginx and build a server in Node.js. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior web developer. Over the course of our 10-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you’ll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent web developer.
      Minimum Skill LevelAll you need is a high school education
      May 27, 2021 - Online
    • Very well done.
      - 1/15/2020
      Timothy Franks • Graduate

Very well done. The information was well explained in the videos. Every concept was illustrated by a good example and followed by a practical assignment. This helped digest information and understandeach concept clearly. Learners get real-life tasks from the course' day one. This helped me a lot with not forgetting what I'd just learned :DI feel like I was spending more time on my assignments than an average learner (especially when it came to running SQL queries). So mentors' accessibility was highly appreciated. Keeping regular contact with every course instructor really helped me claw through the difficulties of stats and coding.I really recommend this 6-month course to anyone who struggles with basic stats and wants to learn how to structure and analyze data, and how to apply it in business. Thank you, Practicum team, for this intensive learning experience.

• Doris Patton • Graduate

A very apprehensible and exciting approach to teaching! The program is structured really well, my professors were coherent and easy-going, the assigned tasks give you a good glimpse of the real life practical application of what you’re learning, and in case I reached out for help my issue was addressed within a very short timeframe, so I’m going with Practicum for the best education online.

• Jenny Takahashi • Student

Big Data and Data Analysis are the next big things and I wanted to study now so I could get hired later. 7 months, I’m tired, but I keep going, and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for this wonderful resource by the name of Practicum. I can learn, practice, ask questions, explore, connect with people and enjoy myself while investing in my future. Moreover, it doesn’t require you to sacrifice all of your free time - 10 hours a week does it perfectly. A+ grade for everything.

• lovely stuff
      - 1/9/2020
      Katie Perez • Graduate

Lovely stuff! I would rate the classes an overall 9/10. Comprehensive, good-looking website. What you are promised is delivered: the classes are exciting, fun and informative, the personnel is friendly and the requirements are fair yet demanding. In my current attempts at upswinging my web-developer career, having Yandex Practikum as my sidekick is very helpful.

• Great job
      - 12/27/2019
      Douglas S. McCall

I’ve been waiting forever to find a platform like this! What I love is how straight-forward everything is, since I’m basically given a free course from as soon as I land on the website. The trial version is 20 hours long, filled with loads of practical tasks to help you get a taste of what you should be studying before you pay a dollar, which caught my attention right away, because that’s how the customer should always be treated. Great job.

• John Trevino • Graduate

I am pleased with the course. Not all the tasks were 100% straightforward, which helped keep my brain active. However, I'd like to have some additional problems to really master my knowledge.

• Byron Martinez • Graduate

It’s an amazing platform if you want to get practical knowledge. Practicum by Yandex is a trustworthy service that helped me gain skills that I believe will be useful for my future career. Every course contains free intro classes as well as a full paid option. A trial run is a good way to find out if this course is right for you.

• Barbara Hughes • blogger/writer • Graduate

My name is Jordan, and I am a writer. Or a travel blogger. You name it :) I mostly post on Instagram and Facebook. And even though I've been thinking about a personal website for a while, the idea of building it myself has never even crossed my mind. That's a lie. I tried wix one time but gave up pretty fast. I've always been a humanities kind of kid, so everything that had to do with IT seemed unspeakably boring to me.

When my roommate started taking a course on Practicum, I began to be curious. Naturally, I thought I'd only take a peek at the free part of the course. But the method of practice-driven learning that comes along with the entire program made me enroll full-time. Plus, I was taken aback by how similar can coding be with creative writing! FYI, in my case, full-time meant studying for somewhat 12 hours per week for six months. The emphasis on hands-on experience is how I prefer to learn. And it's still hard to believe, but during the course, I actually built a site, a landing page, and an app! What started as an attempt to scratch an itch of my permanent curiosity (he-he), turned out to be a whole new path to pursue.

Huge thanks to all instructors for your continuous encouragement throughout the course. Thanks for being so gentle when delivering feedback. And lastly, thanks to Practicum for showing me that coding is such a creative thing.

• Pauline Reisman • Software tester • Graduate

As part of the professional development program, my company encouraged everyone on our team to choose and complete any certified IT course. They offered $1000 to cover the costs and a shorter workday for the time of a program. I'm a software tester. But my hobby is designing plots and worlds for board games. I've been meaning to learn web development for a while now because I've always wanted to create websites for the board games I design. So it was perfect timing.

When I came across Practicum by Yandex, it seemed very appealing and affordable. And now, after completion of the course, I'm confident to say my expectations were fully met. I was devoting around 10 hours per week to studying. This included practical part — we've all completed 3 hands-on projects during the training. The things I loved the most about the course were the structure of the feedback and the quality of interaction with my mentors. And I definitely enjoyed the fact that it wasn't too pricey, so the company I work for could cover a hundred percent of the expenses.

Excellent professional development option. If you are in search of one, look no further.

• Kristine Stensland

I was on the hunt for some web development online courses when I stumbled upon Practicum by Yandex. I wasn't sure I would be able to complete it at first, but in the process of learning, I gained the self-confidence I needed! In my opinion, the course structure and material gets the job done really well.

• Alex • Student

It feels so amazing to see the immediate result of your work and so satisfying to create the entire code by yourself! Even though I don't know everything yet, the logic of the code is very clear to me now. The fact that I've studied HTML in college definitely made the experience even more engaging.

• Abbie Mann • Graduate

Some tasks were unclear; however, the hints were a great help along the way. I’d probably prefer to have more tasks where I could write the code from scratch. It would help students enhance their skills even faster! Thank you for the course! Great job!