practicum-by-yandex-logo

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex offers 6 to 10-month online courses in coding-related fields. Students can choose to join one of four programs: Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Web Developer and UX/UI Design. Each course includes full access to the online, interactive platform, professional courses with real-life projects, tutor support from an experienced developer, and code reviews. Students graduate with a professional certificate and a portfolio to show potential employers. While in the program, students receive 24/7 support from code reviewers and community managers. Yandex is one of the largest IT companies in Europe.

Practicum is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma. The programs range in price between $3,000 and $5,000. The first 20 hours of each program are free.

Practicum covers the soft skills students will need to get hired. Live coding sessions with tutors from the tech industry and Practicum’s career accelerator will complement a student’s hard skills and make the job search easier. Students also complete a portfolio of up to 15 projects. Practicum offers its graduates career prep courses to help them prepare for the job hunt. Students receive guidance on current job opportunities so that they can find a good fit. Practicum is very serious about helping students find work. If graduates do not get a new job or a promotion within six months of completing the program, Practicum will refund the cost of tuition.

Recent Practicum by Yandex Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (114) reviews for Practicum by Yandex →

Recent Practicum by Yandex News

• Data Analyst

Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
      Start Date May 20, 2021
      Data analysis is a complex and intricate process. It involves collecting and structuring data, formulating and testing hypotheses, identifying patterns, and drawing conclusions. Data analysts are essential in business, administration, and science. They work with fundamental tools including Python and its libraries, the Jupyter Notebook, and SQL. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior data analyst. Over the course of our six-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of projects.
      Minimum Skill Level All you need is a high school education
      May 20, 2021 - Online
    • Data Scientist

Start Date May 20, 2021
      Data science is a complex and intricate field. It involves structuring and analyzing large amounts of data, employing machine learning to make predictions, identifying patterns, and drawing conclusions. Data scientists are needed in business, manufacturing, and science. They work with tools such as Python and its libraries, including Scikit-Learn and XGBoost, the Jupyter Notebook, and SQL. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior data scientist. Over the course of our eight-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of projects.
      Minimum Skill LevelAll you need is a high school education
      May 20, 2021 - Online
    • Web Developer

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Node.js, Front End, SQL
      Start Date May 27, 2021
      A web developer is a software engineer who develops websites using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, builds user interfaces with React (a JavaScript library), works as part of a team with Git, and uses Webpack to bundle project files automatically. Web developers understand how web servers work: they can configure Nginx and build a server in Node.js. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior web developer. Over the course of our 10-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you’ll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent web developer.
      Minimum Skill LevelAll you need is a high school education
      May 27, 2021 - Online
    • Excellent service
      - 4/13/2020
      Vincent • Student
      Practicum by Yandex is an excellent service with very informative courses. I'm glad I made the decision to take the course and have already learned a lot and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. There is a paid portion of the course after the free trial segment I plan on paying for as well. It’s amazing how I can learn an absolutely new profession in just 7 months. After I finish the course, I will for sure find a high paying job cause the demand for IT professionals is at an all time high. I believe that Practicum by Yandex is an incredibly useful platform for future generations to come.
    • Web Development
      - 4/12/2020
      Mike Ball • Student
      I finished the entrance course and it has been great.
      My friends and I competed who would take this course faster. It's really interesting.
    • Bradley Brown
      The best course I've ever taken. Classes were nicely structured. The content went gradually from basic to more complex, helping students adapt to the new concepts. Examples of working code and various hints motivated self-conscious students like me to keep trying! Thanks a lot to the Practicum team!
    • Web Development
      - 3/27/2020
      Matthew Hubbell • Graduate
      I am proud to say I am a professional web developer now. Practicum by Yandex was a great support on this journey! The course is efficiently structured. It includes a lot of tasks and the opportunity to build a useful portfolio starting from the very beginning of the course. The material is both well-organized and well-presented. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact your mentor, who is given to every student for the paid part of the course. Don’t be afraid to commit to the paid part to continue learning. You won’t regret it!
    • Data science
      - 3/26/2020
      Kurt • Student
      I've had some terrible experience previously with trying to learn how to code that left me with a lot of doubts and fear. This course, however, is completely different. You can feel the support of the author from the very introduction in each chapter, and it really boosts your confidence. As you continue, your confidence only increases based upon all your small victories and successes.
    • Micheal Ary • Student
      The structure of the website is quite nice and all of the lessons very informative. The online platform is very user friendly to code on and support response time is quick. At the moment, I have nothing but positive things to say about the website and I do not plan on discontinuing my education with Practicum.
    • Douglas Edmondson • Student
      Recently, I thoroughly tried out Practicum by Yandex and I'd like to share my experience. I enjoyed the service a lot. It’s an entertaining and rewarding way to learn a new specialization. By the end of the course, every student gets the certificate of completion. I took a web development course and was delighted by the result! A lot of opportunities to get comfortable with the study material are presented through practice. It's an effective way to strengthen new skills. By the end of the course, you have completed enough projects by yourself to create a personal portfolio to show your potential future employer.
    • Web development
      - 3/19/2020
      Geraldine Wilson • Graduate
      I’m an interior designer; however, I've made a decision to learn web development on top of that. I was nervous because it was all new to me. Despite my doubts, I had a burning desire to learn. In the beginning, I made a lot of mistakes, but hints and training on the platform came in handy. Thanks a lot to tech support for practical advice. Besides, you have a mentor to guide you throughout the course. It’s a great feature, but it is only accessible during the paid part of the course.
    • Satisfied!
      - 1/22/2020
      Ida Lewis • Graduate

I really enjoyed my mentors – Grigoriy, Darya, and Aleksey! They did a great job making sure to explain the theory in an easy to digest way. At one point, I was really freaking out about my first responsive design assignment. But Grigoriy was so super-reassuring and helpful in his feedback, that I started to feel very confident. As a result, now I know how to design a mobile-first site that will look great on any screen. And more!

The best course ever. Don't hesitate to take it if you want to learn how to build websites and apps. I had no background at all, but those awesome mentors did a very good job explaining the basics. The lectures were easy to follow. Immediate practice and satisfaction after completing every assignment made me want more. And here I am now, a proud owner of the course certificate and all the knowledge I wouldn't get elsewhere. Thanks so much, guys!

• Janice Gray

I was very excited to find this training. I work in web development for several years now. And I am always looking for high-quality learning resources for our interns. I thought an intensive 7-months course would be a great addition to their 20 hours per week internships, and oh my, was I right.

Practicum instructors clearly have real-world industry experience and are tech-native. The whole course leads you from the very basics all to the way up to final project culmination. And I can tell you that the knowledge acquired in this course is very close to what I expect from a junior developer when considering him for a full-time position. Apps and landings projects you work on during the course are far from being trivial. They will prepare you for real-world web development if you work hard enough.

At first, I thought that there was a little too much hand-holding. But then I realized that there are people with no IT background doing it on their own at their homes, so the amount of hand-holding is just about right. Finally, the course is a great quality/price compromise and is adequately timed.

• James Anaya • Graduate

What makes Practicum training stand out is its instructors. Web Development mentors are young and techie. They have a lot of practical experience in what they teach. You actually get to interact with them, and they are ready to help and always available to answer your questions. That's what I call pure dedication. Also, I was very nervous about submitting my first coding for review. Apparently, at 35, I still hate being graded! But after receiving the feedback on my first submission, I stopped thinking about the grades and concentrated on the learning process. Many thanks to instructors and the entire Practicum team for these 9 months of intensive learning (I even code in my dreams now!))). Cheers :)

• Roger R. Francis

This was my first experience with online learning. I had no particular expectations except for wanting to learn how to build a simple website for my side hustle. I started with a free part of the course and finally ended up completing the full 9 months of Web development training! If someone had told me six months ago that I'd write a music app in JavaScript and know how to create websites and admin panels, I would have laughed in their face. But guess what, I did it all, thanks to Practicum!

The thing I liked the most was that there were no big scary chunks of information. On the contrary. The theory was delivered step-by-step in smaller bits and dozes. And the course made us apply them into practice as we went. The interactive platform was very intuitive and learner-friendly. And the mentors were very supportive and commented on every assignment. It's hands down the best course ever. If I could complete it, you can.