practicum-by-yandex-logo

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex

Created by engineers from tech company Yandex, Practicum is a 30-46 week, online coding bootcamp offering tracks in Data Science, Data Analysis, and Web Development and aimed at sparking career change. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live-coding sessions. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

With an average employment rate of 71%, Practicum’s career acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum supports their students and graduates every step of the way. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. Practicum graduates have landed tech jobs at companies, such as Tesla, Accenture, Nielsen, and Microsoft.

Recent Practicum by Yandex Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (137) reviews for Practicum by Yandex →

Recent Practicum by Yandex News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date October 28, 2021
      Over this 6-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more) and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      October 28, 2021 - Online
    • Data Scientist

Start Date October 28, 2021
      Over this 9-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      October 28, 2021 - Online
    • Web Developer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date November 18, 2021
      Over this 10-month course, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent web developer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      November 18, 2021 - Online
    • Data Scientist
      - 11/6/2020
      Shuki Zanyovka • Software Architect • Graduate
      The Yandex Practicum is an online course that provides the basic tools for a Data Scientist including a solid platform for studying the more advanced subjects. The course is an 8 months long program, in which there are a lot of mini-courses regarding multiple subjects in the field. Each of the courses includes a project which is checked carefully by the Practicum staff to provide constructive feedback to the student. In short, it's a great jumpstart towards the world of Data Science for students of any background who need the Data Science tools for their jobs or just for fun :-).
    • Data Analyst
      - 10/29/2020
      Sheryl K • Graduate
      I felt cared for and supported throughout the learning process.

We completed lessons on the platform and projects on our own. The projects were reviewed and approved or returned for improvements. Every improvement was worth while and significantly increased the quality of my work.

I went from feeling a bit overwhelmed to feeling excited about the next task.

“How does this work?” became “I know I can do this!”

• Wilhelmina Tetteh
      I started the Web developer intro course a few week ago and let me tell you, i really enjoyed the whole experience. My favorite parts were;
      1. How simply topics are explained ( with everyday, easy to understand language ).Ive done other online courses in the past and i admit that now i understand certain concepts better now in this course
      2. The projects are taken step by step and i liked the story telling part of it. ( i felt like a a real Web Developer building cool stuff in days . lol)
      3. support:  There is always someone  from the Yandex team or other students to help you or un-block you when you are stuck .
      They constantly check on you and find out how learning is going. I really appreciate that.

Lastly, the Yandex learning  platform is really clean, organized and "clutter-free" . If you are like me and you don't like busy pages with  stuff  all over the place, Yandex is for you. Clean UI

I'll definitely like to continue with the other courses after the intro course.

• Enyel Sequeira • Full-stack engineer • Student
      After finishing a full-stack web development boot-camp, I felt lost and was definitely not ready for a job in the web development world. Since then, I knew that boot camps were not meant for me, but then I was going through Facebook and saw this ad for being a beta test for this new course that Practicum had, that one being a web development course. In my mind, I was skeptical. I already knew how boot-camps worked and how all they care about most of the time is to make money without caring whether the students learn or not, but I decided to give it a try; after all, it couldn’t hurt, and I was a beta test. I’ve decided to enroll and did the introductory week and learned more in 2 weeks than I did in 2 months in my other boot-camp. Ever since I started, it has been quite a ride, with impressive and up to date materials. You’re not just reading and asked to do something that you have no idea how to do, you get to practice all that you’ve learned, and then you get a task. The other great thing is that while you are learning, you are also learning Agile methodology, which is used for most companies out there. Now the tasks can be difficult and challenging at time, but you have a fantastic community and a tutor that is always willing to answer your questions. Reviews are the same way, they can seem as they are too picky at times, but in reality, they are trying to review your code as an actual company would. Thanks to Practicum, I could definitely say I am way better developer than I was when I came out of my other boot-camp and thanks to them, I now feel like confident enough to enter the field
    • Rachelle P • Data Analyst
      This program is no joke!! It is HARD but you will learn. Each part is split into smaller courses. In each course, there are lessons and tasks to test your grasp of the material. Projects are spread out based on 2-week sprints. In each sprint, you are task with getting through certain lessons and a project. The lessons will take hours and so does the project. If you are really not committed to about 20 hours a week it will be hard to complete (at least in the first week of each sprint with hours spread out  WHENEVER you can), but you will feel SO accomplished after each sprint and project is completed. Slack is very structured and helpful. They believe in publicly stating your questions (rather than private DMs) which turns the students into a community helping each other get through.  The staff is exceptional addressing ANY question and doing webinars showing you harder parts. Honestly, plain and simple. This is the best online course I have ever seen in my life!!! You will push yourself and accomplish things you never though you could. Practicum is making magic.
    • Bhadresh Savani • System Engineer • Student
      I was part of the Data Science track at Practicum. I learn about Data Processing, Exploratory Data Analysis, Statistical Data Analysis Technics, SQL, Machine Learning related concepts. The best thing about this Bootcamp is a project which is reviewed by professionals of Data science. There were around 15 different projects. You can ask any question related to Data Science and learning in the course to instructors, the answers were really helpful. The slack workspace is really organized well. What in most like about the Bootcamp is the end of the sprint webinar.

During this Bootcamp course, I transformed my career in the NLP domain from Full stack development. The concepts I learned here related to data handling and preprocessing, I use it in my workspace now.
    • Margarita Sandomirskaya • Tech Recruiter/Jr. Data Analyst • Student
      I have been working in the tech field for almost 4 years, but as an HR specialist, I never coded. I mean, I saw some code and even stopped being so afraid of it, but I never thought about coding on my own. I knew I should automate simple repetitive tasks and that it is a nice idea to get experience in web scraping. Before I found out about Practicum, I thought that I’d have to spend lots of time and money in order to get these skills.

After studying for about 4 months, I can scrape data, and I no longer need Google Sheets/Excel for analytics tasks, because I have Python. Moreover, due to the project approach implemented in Practicum, I can do “full-stack” analytics — from preprocessing and making complex SQL queries to drawing fancy graphs and conclusions in Jupyter Notebook.

Some things now look simpler, although other ones look like a whole new world. For instance, right now we're learning about A/B tests, and there are so many little nuances that I would never say that it is just about how to color buttons and split users. I wonder what other surprises are expecting me later on...
    • Lindsey Naylor • Student
      I’ve been a student in Practicum’s full Data Scientist course for a little while now and man is it a lot of information. As a recent graduate with a degree in Data Analytics, I’m well aware of the scope of this industry right now (Unsupervised vs Supervised Learning, Data Warehousing, Networking, Text Analysis, Machine Learning, the list goes on!). There is simply so much material out there that it is difficult to know where to start. Peer to peer, I’ll be honest. This course requires a tremendous investment of time, more so for those completely new to the material, and potentially more than the developers have suggested. That said, it is also the best course I’ve found on the market today. Not only do you have exclusive access to collaborative community channels, you have 24/7 live support from the Practicum team, opportunities for one-on-one help with your tutor, and a multitude of supplemental resources to help you along your journey. Let me be clear, this is a boot camp course. It is intense. It is hard and it will test you. I’m not personally done with my course yet, but I have already gained so much already, some of which I’ve added to my resume. I wholeheartedly recommend this course and please feel free to reach out to me if you’d like more information.
    • Data Analyst Track
      - 8/24/2020
      Kuldeep Changia • Advanced Business Analyst • Applicant
      I recently completed the first phase of the Data Analyst course using Python at Practicum by Yandex as a beta tester.

Considering the fact that my track record of starting numerous courses across various platforms always ended up with me leaving the course mid-way for some reason or the other. (Read laziness and procastination)

Yandex, was a totally diffrent experience for 3 main reasons:

1) Deadlines: Considering each of the modules have a 2 week deadline attached to it, this sense of urgency actually helped a lazy person like me. However, there are options available in case you miss these deadlines but still having a sword above my head helped 😃

2) Projects: Besides the regular lessons,  there is a project that needs to be done for each sprint, Also at the end of any particular phase an integrated project awaits you that tests in amalgation all that you have learnt across the various sprints. Each of the project is checked and reviewed by tutors with comments to improve

3) Tutoring and Slack Community: there is a super amazing  slack channel and a very well versed group of professional tutors at your disposal to help you understand concepts and guide you whenever you are stuck.

I can't thank these guys enough! A great experience so far!
       #datascience #python

• Yael • Student
      * The material is very structured with great examples that make it clear and easy to learn.
      * The team makes it feel like home, always trying to assist with various issues and helping you to get through your track.
      * You can start practicing immediately in the course platform, and work on your projects - the installation of the workspace on your PC is not a barrier! you can deal with it later.
      * The course takes you step-by-step with small amounts of theory and small tasks - a great thing if you deal with concentration difficulties!
      * There's practicing from the very begining, you code nice stuff before you notice
      * All the topics you need for your projects are covered in the course texts, no need to drown in a sea of information - you'll know what to search for.
      * Very organized forum for questions about tasks which makes it easy to find what you need quickly.
      * All the necessary material is textual, the videos are usually just a bonus - a great advantage if you are the type of person that loves texts and despises videos like me :)

Besides that, I think you'll need to develop a good coding style on your own, and search for efficient and aesthetic ways to implement your code. I came to this course with some experience in Python coding and with a BSc in electrical engineering, but I don't think that's necessary for studying.
    • Egor Vinogradov • Student
      If you haven’t background in code but you want dive in IT I think this course is good opportunity to start! I hadn’t any background before I started it, any Bachelor or Master in CS. When you start this course you will see that in each lesson has good and precise explanations. If still you have questions you have good community in Slak which happy to help you:) On each stage of the course you will made projects by your own for fixing you new knowledge:) Moreover each 2-3 weeks there are webinars in which you can ask your questions about projects etc. I spend on course 10-12 hours in week and I think that it enough.
    • Andrea DeHart • Student
      I took the intro to data science course. it sounded the most interesting to me of all the intro courses. I really enjoyed taking the intro course. it gave me a good feel of what I was getting into. I didn't realize how long the intro course was when I first took it. I thought it was only going to be a couple of lessons but it was 7 courses with multiple lessons. Everyone was extremely helpful whenever I ran into any issues or needed help with a mistake in my coding.