practicum-by-yandex-logo

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex offers 6 to 10-month online courses in coding-related fields. Students can choose to join one of three programs: Data Scientist, Data Analyst, and Web Developer. Each course includes full access to the online, interactive platform, professional courses with real-life projects, tutor support from an experienced developer, and code reviews. Students graduate with a professional certificate and a portfolio to show potential employers. While in the program, students receive 24/7 support from code reviewers and community managers. Yandex is one of the largest IT companies in Europe.

Practicum is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma. The programs range in price between $1,200 and $2,000. The first 20 hours of each program are free.

Practicum covers the soft skills students will need to get hired. Live coding sessions with tutors from the tech industry and Practicum’s career accelerator will complement a student’s hard skills and make the job search easier. Students also complete a portfolio of up to 15 projects. Practicum offers its graduates career prep courses to help them prepare for the job hunt. Students receive guidance on current job opportunities so that they can find a good fit. Practicum is very serious about helping students find work. If graduates do not get a new job or a promotion within six months of completing the program, Practicum will refund the cost of tuition.

Recent Practicum by Yandex Reviews: Rating 4.75

all (82) reviews for Practicum by Yandex →

Recent Practicum by Yandex News

• Data Analyst

Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
      Start Date December 3, 2020
      Data analysis is a complex and intricate process. It involves collecting and structuring data, formulating and testing hypotheses, identifying patterns, and drawing conclusions. Data analysts are essential in business, administration, and science. They work with fundamental tools including Python and its libraries, the Jupyter Notebook, and SQL. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior data analyst. Over the course of our six-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of projects.
      Minimum Skill Level All you need is a high school education
    • Data Scientist

Start Date December 3, 2020
      Data science is a complex and intricate field. It involves structuring and analyzing large amounts of data, employing machine learning to make predictions, identifying patterns, and drawing conclusions. Data scientists are needed in business, manufacturing, and science. They work with tools such as Python and its libraries, including Scikit-Learn and XGBoost, the Jupyter Notebook, and SQL. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior data scientist. Over the course of our eight-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of projects.
      Minimum Skill LevelAll you need is a high school education
    • Web Developer

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Node.js, Front End, SQL
      Start Date December 3, 2020
      A web developer is a software engineer who develops websites using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, builds user interfaces with React (a JavaScript library), works as part of a team with Git, and uses Webpack to bundle project files automatically. Web developers understand how web servers work: they can configure Nginx and build a server in Node.js. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior web developer. Over the course of our 10-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you’ll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent web developer.
      Minimum Skill LevelAll you need is a high school education
    • I love it!
      - 5/8/2020
      Linda Kovacs • Web Developer and Designer
      I'm a remote freelancer with many years of experience in the field and this year due to Coronavirus I decided to accept an invitation form Women Who Code to become a beta-tester of the Practicum by Yandex platform. I joined the Web Developer Professional Certificate Program.
      When I joined the Program I was convinced that my prior professional experience will make it easy to surf the program. To my surprise, I got overwhelmed with things I thought I was doing great at before like CSS. It’s true I never knew about BEM which blew my mind and at certain point got me confused, it was hard and frustrating.  Code reusability is the the main focus of the Bootcamp. Actually, Practicum curriculum brought me additional value as Developer and Designer to align my knowledge to the latest accessibility and Web standards.
      I thought I will be able to finish easily this course but it is not this way! I got surprised to see that I tripped on the simplest part I considered before the CSS. I was expecting to experience some issues when we get to the algorithms, JavaScript, React, back end parts that are well known to be more challenging even for developers with experience.
      The Program of 9-10 months is based on Sprints that gives you the right tools to use when building the projects every 2-3 weeks. The review process and the projects activities gives you the real world work environment and prepare you to be ready to join any Company’s Developer team at any time. The Sprints are build having in mind the job ready Developers.
      The curriculum is geared to make you build your portfolio of projects by following the original mockup design files. You will collaborate through GitHub using a professional developer's workflow that will help you in your Developer job.
      I don’t have enough words to recommend Practicum by Yandex Curriculum, join today and you will be definitely happy with your choice! Give it a try! https://practicum.yandex.com/
      - 4/18/2020
      Maria Merk • Student
      This is a beautifully designed course! Everything is very clear and interesting. It was a great pleasure to dive into the study of new knowledge. Thank you!
    • Andrew • Student
      I really enjoy how well written and challenging the course becomes. I have taken other courses and all of them are written to where the user doesn’t have to use their mind. Well here you have to and that makes you a better learner!!!
    • Cool community
      - 4/13/2020
      Richard Fobbs • Student
      I am very glad that I decided to start the Yandex Practicum course.

Yandex Practicum creates a really cool community. Newcomers to IT often suffer from the fact that when faced with problems, they cannot / are afraid to ask other people for opinions on how to solve them. Here you will never feel left alone with a problem. Your classmates are a truly amazing source of knowledge. We are all of different levels, we came here with different goals, but everyone is ready to help each other whenever possible. If you are a beginner, it's best way to start.

Thank you Yandex.Practicum for this!
    • Excellent service
      - 4/13/2020
      Vincent • Student
      Practicum by Yandex is an excellent service with very informative courses. I'm glad I made the decision to take the course and have already learned a lot and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. There is a paid portion of the course after the free trial segment I plan on paying for as well. It’s amazing how I can learn an absolutely new profession in just 7 months. After I finish the course, I will for sure find a high paying job cause the demand for IT professionals is at an all time high. I believe that Practicum by Yandex is an incredibly useful platform for future generations to come.
      - 4/12/2020
      Mike Ball • Student
      I finished the entrance course and it has been great.
      My friends and I competed who would take this course faster. It's really interesting.
    • Bradley Brown
      The best course I've ever taken. Classes were nicely structured. The content went gradually from basic to more complex, helping students adapt to the new concepts. Examples of working code and various hints motivated self-conscious students like me to keep trying! Thanks a lot to the Practicum team!
      - 3/27/2020
      Matthew Hubbell • Graduate
      I am proud to say I am a professional web developer now. Practicum by Yandex was a great support on this journey! The course is efficiently structured. It includes a lot of tasks and the opportunity to build a useful portfolio starting from the very beginning of the course. The material is both well-organized and well-presented. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact your mentor, who is given to every student for the paid part of the course. Don’t be afraid to commit to the paid part to continue learning. You won’t regret it!
    • Data science
      - 3/26/2020
      Kurt • Student
      I've had some terrible experience previously with trying to learn how to code that left me with a lot of doubts and fear. This course, however, is completely different. You can feel the support of the author from the very introduction in each chapter, and it really boosts your confidence. As you continue, your confidence only increases based upon all your small victories and successes.
    • Micheal Ary • Student
      The structure of the website is quite nice and all of the lessons very informative. The online platform is very user friendly to code on and support response time is quick. At the moment, I have nothing but positive things to say about the website and I do not plan on discontinuing my education with Practicum.
    • Douglas Edmondson • Student
      Recently, I thoroughly tried out Practicum by Yandex and I'd like to share my experience. I enjoyed the service a lot. It’s an entertaining and rewarding way to learn a new specialization. By the end of the course, every student gets the certificate of completion. I took a web development course and was delighted by the result! A lot of opportunities to get comfortable with the study material are presented through practice. It's an effective way to strengthen new skills. By the end of the course, you have completed enough projects by yourself to create a personal portfolio to show your potential future employer.
    • Web development
      - 3/19/2020
      Geraldine Wilson • Graduate
      I’m an interior designer; however, I've made a decision to learn web development on top of that. I was nervous because it was all new to me. Despite my doubts, I had a burning desire to learn. In the beginning, I made a lot of mistakes, but hints and training on the platform came in handy. Thanks a lot to tech support for practical advice. Besides, you have a mentor to guide you throughout the course. It’s a great feature, but it is only accessible during the paid part of the course.