practicum-by-yandex-logo

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex

Created by engineers from tech company Yandex, Practicum is a 30-46 week, online coding bootcamp offering tracks in Data Science, Data Analysis, and Web Development and aimed at sparking career change. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live-coding sessions. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

With an average employment rate of 71%, Practicum’s career acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum supports their students and graduates every step of the way. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. Practicum graduates have landed tech jobs at companies, such as Tesla, Accenture, Nielsen, and Microsoft.

Recent Practicum by Yandex Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (136) reviews for Practicum by Yandex →

Recent Practicum by Yandex News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date October 28, 2021
      Over this 6-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more) and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      October 28, 2021 - Online
    • Data Scientist

Start Date October 28, 2021
      Over this 9-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      October 28, 2021 - Online
    • Web Developer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date November 18, 2021
      Over this 10-month course, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent web developer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      November 18, 2021 - Online
    • Jenny Takahashi • Student

Big Data and Data Analysis are the next big things and I wanted to study now so I could get hired later. 7 months, I’m tired, but I keep going, and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for this wonderful resource by the name of Practicum. I can learn, practice, ask questions, explore, connect with people and enjoy myself while investing in my future. Moreover, it doesn’t require you to sacrifice all of your free time - 10 hours a week does it perfectly. A+ grade for everything.

• lovely stuff
      - 1/9/2020
      Katie Perez • Graduate

Lovely stuff! I would rate the classes an overall 9/10. Comprehensive, good-looking website. What you are promised is delivered: the classes are exciting, fun and informative, the personnel is friendly and the requirements are fair yet demanding. In my current attempts at upswinging my web-developer career, having Yandex Practikum as my sidekick is very helpful.

• Great job
      - 12/27/2019
      Douglas S. McCall

I’ve been waiting forever to find a platform like this! What I love is how straight-forward everything is, since I’m basically given a free course from as soon as I land on the website. The trial version is 20 hours long, filled with loads of practical tasks to help you get a taste of what you should be studying before you pay a dollar, which caught my attention right away, because that’s how the customer should always be treated. Great job.

• John Trevino • Graduate

I am pleased with the course. Not all the tasks were 100% straightforward, which helped keep my brain active. However, I'd like to have some additional problems to really master my knowledge.

• Byron Martinez • Graduate

It’s an amazing platform if you want to get practical knowledge. Practicum by Yandex is a trustworthy service that helped me gain skills that I believe will be useful for my future career. Every course contains free intro classes as well as a full paid option. A trial run is a good way to find out if this course is right for you.

• Barbara Hughes • blogger/writer • Graduate

My name is Jordan, and I am a writer. Or a travel blogger. You name it :) I mostly post on Instagram and Facebook. And even though I've been thinking about a personal website for a while, the idea of building it myself has never even crossed my mind. That's a lie. I tried wix one time but gave up pretty fast. I've always been a humanities kind of kid, so everything that had to do with IT seemed unspeakably boring to me.

When my roommate started taking a course on Practicum, I began to be curious. Naturally, I thought I'd only take a peek at the free part of the course. But the method of practice-driven learning that comes along with the entire program made me enroll full-time. Plus, I was taken aback by how similar can coding be with creative writing! FYI, in my case, full-time meant studying for somewhat 12 hours per week for six months. The emphasis on hands-on experience is how I prefer to learn. And it's still hard to believe, but during the course, I actually built a site, a landing page, and an app! What started as an attempt to scratch an itch of my permanent curiosity (he-he), turned out to be a whole new path to pursue.

Huge thanks to all instructors for your continuous encouragement throughout the course. Thanks for being so gentle when delivering feedback. And lastly, thanks to Practicum for showing me that coding is such a creative thing.

• Pauline Reisman • Software tester • Graduate

As part of the professional development program, my company encouraged everyone on our team to choose and complete any certified IT course. They offered $1000 to cover the costs and a shorter workday for the time of a program. I'm a software tester. But my hobby is designing plots and worlds for board games. I've been meaning to learn web development for a while now because I've always wanted to create websites for the board games I design. So it was perfect timing.

When I came across Practicum by Yandex, it seemed very appealing and affordable. And now, after completion of the course, I'm confident to say my expectations were fully met. I was devoting around 10 hours per week to studying. This included practical part — we've all completed 3 hands-on projects during the training. The things I loved the most about the course were the structure of the feedback and the quality of interaction with my mentors. And I definitely enjoyed the fact that it wasn't too pricey, so the company I work for could cover a hundred percent of the expenses.

Excellent professional development option. If you are in search of one, look no further.

• Kristine Stensland

I was on the hunt for some web development online courses when I stumbled upon Practicum by Yandex. I wasn't sure I would be able to complete it at first, but in the process of learning, I gained the self-confidence I needed! In my opinion, the course structure and material gets the job done really well.

• Alex • Student

It feels so amazing to see the immediate result of your work and so satisfying to create the entire code by yourself! Even though I don't know everything yet, the logic of the code is very clear to me now. The fact that I've studied HTML in college definitely made the experience even more engaging.

• Abbie Mann • Graduate

Some tasks were unclear; however, the hints were a great help along the way. I’d probably prefer to have more tasks where I could write the code from scratch. It would help students enhance their skills even faster! Thank you for the course! Great job!

• Caitlin

It's a very well designed course. It may feel like a lot to handle to begin with, but you get the hang of it soon enough!. Learning is best done with practice! Also, remember that it takes time to digest new information, so don’t worry if you don’t get something straight away. You’ll get there in the end!

• 10/10
      - 12/17/2019
      Jonathan McKenzie

The course is very well organized! It's definitely a 10 out of 10! I'm hoping that the free part won’t end soon because, unfortunately, I am unable to afford the full version for now! Anyway, finishing up the comment and continuing my learning journey!