practicum-by-yandex-logo

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex

Created by engineers from tech company Yandex, Practicum is a 30-46 week, online coding bootcamp offering tracks in Data Science, Data Analysis, and Web Development and aimed at sparking career change. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live-coding sessions. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

With an average employment rate of 71%, Practicum’s career acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum supports their students and graduates every step of the way. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. Practicum graduates have landed tech jobs at companies, such as Tesla, Accenture, Nielsen, and Microsoft.

Recent Practicum by Yandex Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (146) reviews for Practicum by Yandex →

Recent Practicum by Yandex News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date February 10, 2022
      Over this 6-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more) and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      February 10, 2022 - Online
    • Data Scientist

Start Date February 10, 2022
      Over this 9-month course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      February 10, 2022 - Online
    • Web Developer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date January 20, 2022
      Over this 10-month course, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent web developer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. Each project you submit will be checked line-by-line by an industry professional. Their feedback will help you polish your work and make sure your portfolio stands out to employers. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in our free Career Prep Course and Career Acceleration Program. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum by Yandex. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      January 20, 2022 - Online
    • Micheal Ary • Student
      The structure of the website is quite nice and all of the lessons very informative. The online platform is very user friendly to code on and support response time is quick. At the moment, I have nothing but positive things to say about the website and I do not plan on discontinuing my education with Practicum.
    • Douglas Edmondson • Student
      Recently, I thoroughly tried out Practicum by Yandex and I'd like to share my experience. I enjoyed the service a lot. It’s an entertaining and rewarding way to learn a new specialization. By the end of the course, every student gets the certificate of completion. I took a web development course and was delighted by the result! A lot of opportunities to get comfortable with the study material are presented through practice. It's an effective way to strengthen new skills. By the end of the course, you have completed enough projects by yourself to create a personal portfolio to show your potential future employer.
    • Web development
      - 3/19/2020
      Geraldine Wilson • Graduate
      I’m an interior designer; however, I've made a decision to learn web development on top of that. I was nervous because it was all new to me. Despite my doubts, I had a burning desire to learn. In the beginning, I made a lot of mistakes, but hints and training on the platform came in handy. Thanks a lot to tech support for practical advice. Besides, you have a mentor to guide you throughout the course. It’s a great feature, but it is only accessible during the paid part of the course.
    • Satisfied!
      - 1/22/2020
      Ida Lewis • Graduate

I really enjoyed my mentors – Grigoriy, Darya, and Aleksey! They did a great job making sure to explain the theory in an easy to digest way. At one point, I was really freaking out about my first responsive design assignment. But Grigoriy was so super-reassuring and helpful in his feedback, that I started to feel very confident. As a result, now I know how to design a mobile-first site that will look great on any screen. And more!

The best course ever. Don't hesitate to take it if you want to learn how to build websites and apps. I had no background at all, but those awesome mentors did a very good job explaining the basics. The lectures were easy to follow. Immediate practice and satisfaction after completing every assignment made me want more. And here I am now, a proud owner of the course certificate and all the knowledge I wouldn't get elsewhere. Thanks so much, guys!

• Janice Gray

I was very excited to find this training. I work in web development for several years now. And I am always looking for high-quality learning resources for our interns. I thought an intensive 7-months course would be a great addition to their 20 hours per week internships, and oh my, was I right.

Practicum instructors clearly have real-world industry experience and are tech-native. The whole course leads you from the very basics all to the way up to final project culmination. And I can tell you that the knowledge acquired in this course is very close to what I expect from a junior developer when considering him for a full-time position. Apps and landings projects you work on during the course are far from being trivial. They will prepare you for real-world web development if you work hard enough.

At first, I thought that there was a little too much hand-holding. But then I realized that there are people with no IT background doing it on their own at their homes, so the amount of hand-holding is just about right. Finally, the course is a great quality/price compromise and is adequately timed.

• James Anaya • Graduate

What makes Practicum training stand out is its instructors. Web Development mentors are young and techie. They have a lot of practical experience in what they teach. You actually get to interact with them, and they are ready to help and always available to answer your questions. That's what I call pure dedication. Also, I was very nervous about submitting my first coding for review. Apparently, at 35, I still hate being graded! But after receiving the feedback on my first submission, I stopped thinking about the grades and concentrated on the learning process. Many thanks to instructors and the entire Practicum team for these 9 months of intensive learning (I even code in my dreams now!))). Cheers :)

• Roger R. Francis

This was my first experience with online learning. I had no particular expectations except for wanting to learn how to build a simple website for my side hustle. I started with a free part of the course and finally ended up completing the full 9 months of Web development training! If someone had told me six months ago that I'd write a music app in JavaScript and know how to create websites and admin panels, I would have laughed in their face. But guess what, I did it all, thanks to Practicum!

The thing I liked the most was that there were no big scary chunks of information. On the contrary. The theory was delivered step-by-step in smaller bits and dozes. And the course made us apply them into practice as we went. The interactive platform was very intuitive and learner-friendly. And the mentors were very supportive and commented on every assignment. It's hands down the best course ever. If I could complete it, you can.

• Very well done.
      - 1/15/2020
      Timothy Franks • Graduate

Very well done. The information was well explained in the videos. Every concept was illustrated by a good example and followed by a practical assignment. This helped digest information and understandeach concept clearly. Learners get real-life tasks from the course' day one. This helped me a lot with not forgetting what I'd just learned :DI feel like I was spending more time on my assignments than an average learner (especially when it came to running SQL queries). So mentors' accessibility was highly appreciated. Keeping regular contact with every course instructor really helped me claw through the difficulties of stats and coding.I really recommend this 6-month course to anyone who struggles with basic stats and wants to learn how to structure and analyze data, and how to apply it in business. Thank you, Practicum team, for this intensive learning experience.

• Doris Patton • Graduate

A very apprehensible and exciting approach to teaching! The program is structured really well, my professors were coherent and easy-going, the assigned tasks give you a good glimpse of the real life practical application of what you’re learning, and in case I reached out for help my issue was addressed within a very short timeframe, so I’m going with Practicum for the best education online.

• Jenny Takahashi • Student

Big Data and Data Analysis are the next big things and I wanted to study now so I could get hired later. 7 months, I’m tired, but I keep going, and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for this wonderful resource by the name of Practicum. I can learn, practice, ask questions, explore, connect with people and enjoy myself while investing in my future. Moreover, it doesn’t require you to sacrifice all of your free time - 10 hours a week does it perfectly. A+ grade for everything.

• lovely stuff
      - 1/9/2020
      Katie Perez • Graduate

Lovely stuff! I would rate the classes an overall 9/10. Comprehensive, good-looking website. What you are promised is delivered: the classes are exciting, fun and informative, the personnel is friendly and the requirements are fair yet demanding. In my current attempts at upswinging my web-developer career, having Yandex Practikum as my sidekick is very helpful.

• Great job
      - 12/27/2019
      Douglas S. McCall

I’ve been waiting forever to find a platform like this! What I love is how straight-forward everything is, since I’m basically given a free course from as soon as I land on the website. The trial version is 20 hours long, filled with loads of practical tasks to help you get a taste of what you should be studying before you pay a dollar, which caught my attention right away, because that’s how the customer should always be treated. Great job.