practicum-bootcamp-logo

Practicum Bootcamp

Average Rating4.83
187 Reviews
4 Courses

Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 20-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, and Quality Assurance Engineer programs. Practicum Bootcamp helps people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online w...

187 Practicum Bootcamp Reviews

• Doris Patton
    Graduate • Front End Developer • Online
    Jan 13, 2020

for me the best education online

A very apprehensible and exciting approach to teaching! The program is structured really well, my professors were coherent and easy-going, the assigned tasks give you a good glimpse of the real life practical application of what you’re learning, and in case I reached out for help my issue was addressed within a very short timeframe, so I’m going with Practicum for the best education online.

• Jenny Takahashi
    Student • Data Analyst • Online
    Jan 10, 2020

Tired by now, but proud of myself

Big Data and Data Analysis are the next big things and I wanted to study now so I could get hired later. 7 months, I’m tired, but I keep going, and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for this wonderful resource by the name of Practicum. I can learn, practice, ask questions, explore, connect with people and enjoy myself while investing in my future. Moreover, it doesn’t require you to sacrifice all of your free time - 10 hours a week does it perfectly. A+ grade for everything.

• Katie Perez
    Graduate • Data Analyst • Online
    Jan 09, 2020

lovely stuff

Lovely stuff! I would rate the classes an overall 9/10. Comprehensive, good-looking website. What you are promised is delivered: the classes are exciting, fun and informative, the personnel is friendly and the requirements are fair yet demanding. In my current attempts at upswinging my web-developer career, having Yandex Practikum as my sidekick is very helpful.

• Douglas S. McCall
    Data Analyst • Online
    Dec 27, 2019

Great job

I’ve been waiting forever to find a platform like this! What I love is how straight-forward everything is, since I’m basically given a free course from as soon as I land on the website. The trial version is 20 hours long, filled with loads of practical tasks to help you get a taste of what you should be studying before you pay a dollar, which caught my attention right away, because that’s how the customer should always be treated. Great job.

• John Trevino
    Graduate • Data Analyst • Online
    Dec 26, 2019

The course will activate your brain) but I'd like more tasks

I am pleased with the course. Not all the tasks were 100% straightforward, which helped keep my brain active. However, I'd like to have some additional problems to really master my knowledge.

• Byron Martinez
    Graduate • Online
    Dec 26, 2019

Trustworthy service, free intro classes

It’s an amazing platform if you want to get practical knowledge. Practicum by Yandex is a trustworthy service that helped me gain skills that I believe will be useful for my future career. Every course contains free intro classes as well as a full paid option. A trial run is a good way to find out if this course is right for you.

• Barbara Hughes
    blogger/writer • Graduate • Front End Developer • Online
    Dec 24, 2019

thanks to Practicum for showing me that coding is such a creative thing

My name is Jordan, and I am a writer. Or a travel blogger. You name it :) I mostly post on Instagram and Facebook. And even though I've been thinking about a personal website for a while, the idea of building it myself has never even crossed my mind. That's a lie. I tried wix one time but gave up pretty fast. I've always been a humanities kind of kid, so everything that had to do with IT seemed unspeakably boring to me.

When my roommate started taking a course on Practicum...

• Pauline Reisman
    Software tester • Graduate • Software Engineer • Online
    Dec 24, 2019

Excellent professional development option. If you are in search of one, look no further.

As part of the professional development program, my company encouraged everyone on our team to choose and complete any certified IT course. They offered $1000 to cover the costs and a shorter workday for the time of a program. I'm a software tester. But my hobby is designing plots and worlds for board games. I've been meaning to learn web development for a while now because I've always wanted to create websites for the board games I design. So it was perfect timing.

When I...

• Kristine Stensland
    Data Scientist • Online
    Dec 23, 2019

the course structure and material gets the job done really well

I was on the hunt for some web development online courses when I stumbled upon Practicum by Yandex. I wasn't sure I would be able to complete it at first, but in the process of learning, I gained the self-confidence I needed! In my opinion, the course structure and material gets the job done really well.

• Alex
    Student • Front End Developer • Online
    Dec 23, 2019

Feels like I'm going to love it

It feels so amazing to see the immediate result of your work and so satisfying to create the entire code by yourself! Even though I don't know everything yet, the logic of the code is very clear to me now. The fact that I've studied HTML in college definitely made the experience even more engaging.

• Abbie Mann
    Graduate • Front End Developer • Online
    Dec 19, 2019

thanks for the course, guys

Some tasks were unclear; however, the hints were a great help along the way. I’d probably prefer to have more tasks where I could write the code from scratch. It would help students enhance their skills even faster! Thank you for the course! Great job!

• Caitlin
    Software Engineer • Online
    Dec 18, 2019

It's a very well designed course.

It's a very well designed course. It may feel like a lot to handle to begin with, but you get the hang of it soon enough!. Learning is best done with practice! Also, remember that it takes time to digest new information, so don’t worry if you don’t get something straight away. You’ll get there in the end!

Practicum Bootcamp Alumni Outcomes

Recent Practicum Bootcamp News

Nat Davis
Published January 18, 2023
Having a learning disability doesn’t preclude you from learning how to code or launching your tech career. And considering that 1 in 5 people have learning or attention issues, it’s prudent for bootcamps to support all types of learners. Plus, the more neurodiverse folks work in tech, the more likely the principles of web and design accessibility will spread across tech – and that benefits ev...
Jess Feldman
Published November 28, 2022
Desiree was an animator and graphic designer experiencing burn out from the long hours and low pay. After some success with self-teaching, Desiree decided to pivot into software engineering, and chose Practicum because they offered a Women in Tech Scholarship through the state of Michigan. Desiree shares what she learned in the bootcamp and how it supports her every day on the job as a Full S...
Jess Feldman
Published October 04, 2022
Zachary “Rex” Rodriguez was a self-taught Salesforce developer before he hit a ceiling with his career —and with self-learning. Seeking mentorship and career support, Rex chose the online Software Engineering bootcamp at Practicum. Now he’s a Full Stack Web Developer at System Tech. Rex breaks down how he juggled part-time work while completing the Practicum bootcamp. He also talks about maki...
Nat Davis
Published April 06, 2022
Web accessibility describes the work to remove digital barriers that prevent users with disabilities from operating and connecting with websites and online platforms. When designing and building with web accessibility, auditory, cognitive, neurological, physical, visual, and speech abilities must be considered. In the same way that a building must comply with ADA standards, websites should b...