practicum-bootcamp-logo

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 30-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Scientist programs. Practicum Bootcamp helps people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Practicum Bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum Bootcamp guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum Bootcamp is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum Bootcamp. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. With an average employment rate of 80%, Practicum Bootcamp’s Career Acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum Bootcamps is with their students every step of the way.

Recent Practicum Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (177) reviews for Practicum Bootcamp →

Recent Practicum Bootcamp News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this six-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech newcomers, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more), and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. A professional data analyst will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $6,900; Monthly cost: $1,100
      Refund / GuaranteePracticum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
    • Data Scientist

Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this nine-month bootcamp, for those with prior tech experience, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. A professional data scientist will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $10,900; Monthly cost: $1,300
    • Software Engineer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this 10-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech field newcomers, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent software engineer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. A professional software engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $8,900; Monthly cost: $950
    • Kevin Loughead  User Photo
      Kevin Loughead • Student Verified via GitHub
      The material on the platform is engaging and the community is very supportive.   But what really makes this course shine are the real, substantial projects that you build from the ground up, along with the challenging system of code reviews for each project.   Highly recommended.
    • Jackie  User Photo
      Jackie • Student Verified via GitHub
      I personally have never had experience studying from an online boot camp, but I saw Practicum through an enticing advertisement and decided to finally pull the trigger after thinking about being part of a boot camp for some time. The early part of the course is easy to understand even for those without STEM backgrounds while teaching Python fundamentals. I am in the last third of the course and it has become increasingly difficult where I'm putting in 1.5x more hours than I had originally I think. Fortunately, the instructors are very responsive in addition to other students who are able to help. The community that is cultivated in my cohort is extremely impressive, and I do feel like I am growing and learning with my fellow students. The job assistance portion is relatively new, but I believe they are approaching it correctly and providing great resources for the job seekers. I'm curious to see the concepts they teach and the job assistance they provide in my last few months with them. I have trust in their ability to provide the same great quality for the rest of the boot camp.
    • Pilar Kaminski  User Photo
      Pilar Kaminski • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I finished the introductory course in web development and it was fantastic, I cannot wait to start the full program. The course is very well written and the lessons are very informative. The coding platform is friendly and it provides you with hints when you get stuck. The community manager is very friendly and always there to help. It's a very lovely community and I can't wait to continue my education with Practicum by Yandex.
    • Jared  User Photo
      Jared • Market Research Analyst • Verified via LinkedIn
      Fantastic course so far!

Having completed the intro course, this program seems to be a really good mix between your standard intensive boot camp and something like DataQuest ore Codeacademy. This is helpful in keeping you motivated without feeling too rigid.

There is the occasional issue that arises due to some translation issue (Yandex is a Russian company), but translating is hard enough without having to do it while teaching a technical subject. I'd rate this a 4.5 stars if I could due to the newness of the course and the fact it's still in development.

All in all, I highly recommend at least trying the intro to see if the format works for you.
    • Mamuka Anjaparidze  User Photo
      Mamuka Anjaparidze • Web & Software Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
       TL; DR - I have several years of experience in online courses and programming boot caps, and Practicum is on the first spot by deliverability and simplicity by the most important features which makes online courses enjoyable.

Really important key features which I learnt are important from personal experience are:
      TECHNICAL FEATURES:
      • The simplicity of the explanatory material -  ✅
      • The exact and thorough explanation of the material and not general fact-throwing -  ✅
      • The importance of task challenges right after the learnt material -  ✅
      • Interactive in-built text-compiler -  ✅
      • Feedback & Debugging features for even more comfortable and easy learning -  ✅

FOLLOWUP & HELP DESK FEATURES:
      • One of the most friendly and open-minded community, always ready to help -  ✅
      • Multiple feedback and help desk channels on various social networks -  ✅
      • Caring and understanding follow-up managers who are always checking on your progress and are oriented to satisfy your needs and give you a helping hand in any way possible in their authority -  ✅
      • One of the best trained and knowledgable instructors of the course with thorough and simple explanatory skills -   ✅

ABOUT ME
      I am a student at the faculty of Computer Science. Throughout the years I was trying to furthermore deepen my knowledge and experience in the field of CS and programming by applying and participating in various boot camps some of which where 500+ hour coding boot camps, some of them online and some onsite.
      Not long ago I got interested in the Machine Learning and Data Science and found out about the Practicum courses and got interested. From a general overview, I got the general idea of what to expect from the course but they exceeded my expectations by multiples.
    • Maurice Ellis  User Photo
      Maurice Ellis Verified via GitHub
      I was nervous about signing up for a bootcamp because after reading about them, many seemed to not have much depth nor prepare you to truly be a data scientist. I was already diving in to data science by watching YouTube videos and reading articles, but I wanted to know more than just writing or copying lines of code, so before I signed up I looked at outline of topics and I was surprised that it dove into a wide range of topics and more important, statistics and linear algebra. I wanted a deep understand of what I was doing and why we use one regression formula over another one.

With Practicum, I feel that I have not only wrote the code, but understand what I am doing and why. Practicum not only provides theory, but provides exercises to complete to better grasps the concepts learns. What makes it better, it uses real life data that is relatable in the real world. Even better, when I have a question or confused on a concept, there is a instructor and other peers who can answer my question. One thing I really love is the projects, this is where we open up a Jupyter Notebook and do everything for ourselves to answer the questions posed for the assignment. We process the data, we analyze the data, and draw conclusions. Our projects are then code reviewed to make sure we have accomplished the task at hand and have drawn the right conclusion. Nothing else to say, other than I love it.
    • Daniel Garcia  User Photo
      Daniel Garcia • Data Analyst - Alpha Tester • Student Verified via GitHub

As an alpha tester for the Practicum by Yandex Data Analyst professional program I can attest to the strength of the program’s quality in teaching you how to think and apply the skills required to be an effective data analyst.  The strength of their program even at their early stage of development comes at no surprise to me as the company is one of the leading IT companies in Europe. In regards to the program, I like the sprint-like approach that they take to learning wherein you have two weeks to complete the lessons, coding tasks, and projects associated with each course (ie. Data Preprocessing, A/B tests, etc.). I have found this very helpful because it has made me into a more efficient learner while seeing progress in my learning.
             I also like the support structure that Yandex creates for its programs. Whenever I have trouble with a coding task/project or need help grasping some of the theories, I can always reach out to my peers, tutor, or 24/7 learning support via Slack. This along with the biweekly webinar has been very helpful because most of the topics are new to me as a psychology major. In regards to the projects--my personal highlight of the program-- they provide you with enough tips to be able to independently complete the project using the approach and learning that was taught in the course lessons. These are later checked and provided with constructive feedback by professionals in the field (in my case Data Analyst). Top it off with the job support that they provide after finishing the program and this program becomes one of the top (and relatively cheap) technical boot camps out there.
             All in all, the hands-on and sprint-like learning approach, as well as the support system that makes up the  Practicum by Yandex courses, make it a top-boot camp that anyone wanting to enter into tech should strongly consider taking. Personally, I’ve developed a deeper understanding of the data analyst field and substantially developed my coding and problem-solving skills through this program.

• Mabel  User Photo
      Mabel • Student Verified via GitHub
      I started this program 3 months ago and I couldn't be happier with the structure and the curriculum. The program is 10 months long and it covers both front and backend technology needed to become a web developer. The curriculum starts with a free introductory course on HTLM and CSS then progresses to more advance topics in HTML and CSS, JavaScript, React and Node. The work is completed in two weeks sprints. Every two weeks a number of lectures and exercises become available followed by an independent project assignment. Each project is reviewed by an experienced developer who will ensure your project uses best coding practices. In the end you have will have a professional project to add to your portfolio.

In addition to the curriculum, I like the community aspect of the program. There are tutors and a slack group for students. There's also bi-weekly live coding lessons where students have the opportunity to ask questions regarding the project work.

I would recommend this bootcamp to anyone who wants to learn web development. Since this is a longer program, students really get a chance to learn the material covered and practice using real developer tools such as Figma, Git and Github. Definitely give this program a try!
    • Learn by doing
      - 5/10/2020
      Adam  User Photo
      Adam • Student Verified via GitHub
      I'm freshman in coding. I learned basics on different platforms, and I felt it wasn't enough.
      I've accidentally started Yandex Practicum course, and from the first lesson (okey, from the 10-15th , cause these were too simple for me), I've understood I'm on the right way. I feel confident in learning Data Analytics course. Anytime I may ask mentors or other students in our chat for help. I face a lot of difficulties every time I open the course, or when I do practise by analysing any dataset I can found in the Web, but I don't give up. During the course I've learn how to make mistakes, and how to use it as strengths.
      I love tasks we solve during the course. Most of the tasks are taken from real-life. I don't feel I just solve an exercise from a book, I feel I participate in research in a company, and do my job. For me, this "atmosphere" means a lot. It encourages me to keep studying.
      Curriculum in general, is done good, but sometimes (if you've done previous chapter too fast), you have to wait for an access to a new one for a couple of days (up to week). Webinars are held in the morning, New York Time, and it is early evening in Europe / Middle East. However, we had an interesting webinar, that was at 7 pm., New York time (in Israel in was 3 am). Once, but still.
      Instructors are really friendly and helpful. They available and answer almost anytime we write them. They always send us additional material, show different ways to solve a task, and share stories from data analytics world.
      I am very glad I've started this course. Thanks to Yandex Team, I feel tremendous interest in Data Analysis and coding with Python.

• James Ryan  User Photo
      James Ryan • Student Verified via GitHub
      I've been taking part in the Web Developer course since February and I've been blown away by the level of support I've received from both mentors, code reviewers and fellow students in the Slack group. Prior to this course I was studying from free resources in my spare time and generally just going it alone. After a few months I started feeling directionless and like I had reached a plateau - I was ready to throw the towel in.

Joining the course changed all that. I feel like I'm part of something bigger than me and it's great. If I ever need help all I need to do is ask the mentors or other students for help. When I submit my code for review I get constructive feedback as to what can be improved and links to resources that will help me improve.

I have levelled up so much due to this and it's the best course I've done by far. Can't wait to see what the next 6-7 months bring!
    • Leigh Wilson-Hall • Graduate
      I had been looking for a Data Analytics  bootcamp for awhile that provides live support, but would be flexible enough that I could complete it while working. Practicum Bootcamp was exactly that - you complete the lessons on your own time, but they have built-in live support and deadlines to keep you on track. The lessons included tasks where you practice and learn to apply the code to business scenarios, and you have to complete them correctly to proceed. If you get stuck, there is a Slack channel where you can ask for help from tutors and fellow students. The tutors were always responsive, and they also held regular office hours to provide real-time support. I thought the best part was that each sprint ended with a project where you get to practice applying the skills in real world scenarios. These projects are reviewed by coders, so you get individualized feedback and pass the project back and forth until it is approved. Each sprint built on the one before, so you continue to practice basic coding skills (ex. data preprocessing and exploratory data analysis), as they add on more advanced topics. Finally, the tutors hold regular live workshops to review the topics in the lessons. These are optional but they are a chance to get some extra support on projects and learn some additional resources around the topics covered in the lessons. The program is definitely a time commitment, and something you have to stay on top of in order to complete (you have to meet a number of hard deadlines to stay in the program), but I would recommend it, especially for professionals looking to add on coding skills while working.
    • Data Analyst
      - 8/9/2022
      Akmal Bekchanov • Student
      I'll start with some background...
      I recently completed my master's degree at the Faculty of Economics. In the process of studying various subjects related to statistics, I had to deal with data analysis. Many of my classmates were already familiar with data analysis and had experience from undergraduate studies. I had to learn everything from scratch. This is how my interest in the Date of Analysis was born.
      Why exactly Practicum Bootcamp?
      One of my friends, having learned about my interests, advised me to the Practicum Bootcamp school, since he himself had recently completed his courses and was very satisfied with the training he had completed.
      Practicum Bootcamp has a very convenient interactive interface, friendly and always ready to help tutors, interesting projects, and training can be done at any convenient time. I especially want to note the responsible tutors who are interested in success in passing a certain stage of the Bootcamp.
      It is also important to note the Slack community here, where you can get assistance or also help other students when they are stuck and get advice from the tutors or managers of the program.
      As you know, the IT sector is one of the fastest growing sectors of the global economy. And one cannot do without knowledge of data analysis in modern business. I have not yet completed the course, as I combine work with study, but I have already noticed progress in the date of analysis. Therefore, I advise Practicum Bootcamp to anyone who wants to improve their career advancement or upgrade their knowledge.